Operation Darkness Xbox 360

• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Jun 24, 2008
7.0

1. Aug 28, 2014
    No region free. 0 atlus...............................................................................................................................
  2. Jul 5, 2014
    This game had a great premise, and I really wanted to like it, but it's just not good. The level's are tedious, and early in the game the difficulty curve shoots for the moon unless you're willing to sink hours into grinding levels. So sad, it could have been a dandy game.
  3. toltec123
    Apr 2, 2009
    I hated this game at first, why? Sucky movies like Rise of the Argonauts, but then 5 missions in the game grew on me...its actually really cool sans the once again Asian wannabe Hollywood movies. Listen Japanese market, movies belong to us...other than Akira Kurasawa you guys suck at making movies....this shit is soo long winded I thank God for the fast forward button....fudge...but otherI hated this game at first, why? Sucky movies like Rise of the Argonauts, but then 5 missions in the game grew on me...its actually really cool sans the once again Asian wannabe Hollywood movies. Listen Japanese market, movies belong to us...other than Akira Kurasawa you guys suck at making movies....this shit is soo long winded I thank God for the fast forward button....fudge...but other than than I'd score it lower due to less than AAA graphics for a turnbased on the xbox 360...and horrible just horrible camera controls, what blind mofo was in charge of this, go jump off a cliff PLEASE! Collapse
  4. DrareKeer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Though I have watched my friends play SRPGs for years, this is the first one I actually thought looked good enough to play myself, and it did not let down! Awsome tactics, cool equipment, and customizable skill sets allow for almost endless gameplay options. Graphics are a bit behind the curve, but so what. This game is very enjoyable and I highly recommend it if you are after more thenThough I have watched my friends play SRPGs for years, this is the first one I actually thought looked good enough to play myself, and it did not let down! Awsome tactics, cool equipment, and customizable skill sets allow for almost endless gameplay options. Graphics are a bit behind the curve, but so what. This game is very enjoyable and I highly recommend it if you are after more then just a pretty polished waste of money. Expand
  5. JoeT.
    Aug 20, 2008
    At first glance this game seems very boring, being a turn-based WWII based shooter. However, as I played it I enjoyed the clever strategy element as well as the great variety of characters. Customizing your team well is critical for your success. Some areas of the game are rather difficult and will require good thinking and preparation. The story is an interesting twist on the classic At first glance this game seems very boring, being a turn-based WWII based shooter. However, as I played it I enjoyed the clever strategy element as well as the great variety of characters. Customizing your team well is critical for your success. Some areas of the game are rather difficult and will require good thinking and preparation. The story is an interesting twist on the classic WWII story. With enough twists and turns many will find it entertaining, especially the fantasy, or war-game fans. In the end this game is a well made strategy combat game that has enough story to back up its gameplay. Expand
  6. JohnC.
    Aug 7, 2008
    decent game, controls take getting used to. Not many offerings on the strat RPG front so this one gets a 9 just for taking a stab at it.
  7. WalterD.
    Jul 18, 2008
    It's got its faults, sure (horrible camera angle), but it IS a well written SRPG, of which the 360 has very few. Worth my $60.
  8. ScottH.
    Jul 7, 2008
    In my 25 yrs of playing games this is the one game where the critics have completely missed the boat. The camera is only SLIGHTlY annoying and the graphics are poor but man this game is fun. Check the few critics at the top. They are bang on.
  9. EricP.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Awful, graphics are PS-One at best, the concept is poorly implemented, the voice acting is laughable, the item system is stupid and the camera is completely broken. In the words of IGN, this is truly an Epic Failure.
  10. LukeL
    Jun 25, 2008
    I don't see why a game should be condemned just because the game doesn't have great graphics, or a camera is slightly buggy. I bought this game the first day it came out and have been loving it since. I decided to see what other people gave this game, thinking that it would be in the 6 range just because of the graphics and such, but when I look it up I see 2.5s and 4s. I mean I don't see why a game should be condemned just because the game doesn't have great graphics, or a camera is slightly buggy. I bought this game the first day it came out and have been loving it since. I decided to see what other people gave this game, thinking that it would be in the 6 range just because of the graphics and such, but when I look it up I see 2.5s and 4s. I mean strat RPG's aren't everyone's cup of tea, but just because it's on a next-gen console doesn't mean it has to be top of the line or anything. I think critics have been spoiled playing with the latest and greatest that they are throwing everything else away before they even had a chance to prove their worth. Expand
  11. MertA.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I played the demo, and it was a horrible disappointment. I am always looking for a good turn-based strategy game on the console, so I was sad that this game was so bad. Even if the graphics are forgivable, the infuriatingly bad camera, controls, and interface make the game unplayable. Do yourself a favor and go play Advance Wars, Culdcept Saga, or the new FF Tactics instead.
  12. HudsonM.
    Jun 10, 2008
    "The lousy last-gen graphics murder what compelling plot there is." lol, that's like saying the voice acting screwed up the camera.
  13. SeanO.
    Jun 10, 2008
    yes the graphics aren't that great compared to other 360 games. as a strat RPG, it's pretty decent. plus, when have strat RPG's ever been about the visuals? takes a while to get into, but very addictive once you do. I will be buying this when it comes out.
  14. Sergenteen
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've just played the demo and I'm lovin it. Reminds me a lot of fire emblem. The game play and graphics aren't the best, put they are passable. The story line and time are great and it should be a good game. However, this will all depend on whether or not the actual storyline is good and how long the game is. P.S. I hear online co-op? That would be nice.

1. The lousy last-gen graphics murder what compelling plot there is.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    If you can handle inelegant controls, graphics, and story, and a text-heavy menu system, this might hold some appeal. Otherwise, avoid it like lycanthropy. [July 2008, p.81]
  3. No quantity of vamires, werewolves, and undead zombies can salvage its dreadfully tedious gameplay. [July 2008, p.70]