7.8

1. Apr 21, 2013
    I've been playing computer games since I had a Spectrum 48k back in 1981. I can honestly say that this game is in my `top' ten of worst games ever, yes it's that bad.
    It's got more bugs than a crab victims pants, it's sloooow, inaccurate, confusing.
    Thankfully I bought it pre-owned for only seven quid, if I'd paid seven pence for it, then I would maybe not be that bothered. Terrible

Terrible game from the usually genius Codemasters.

1. More than anything, it's a game that, even after completion, we want to keep returning to again and again, adding different ingredients to the freeform formula and seeing what kind of explosions we can create. We can guarantee you won't have played an FPS quite like this on Xbox 360, but now that one's arrived, you certainly should. [Nov 2009, p.84]
    At its best, it's nerve-janglingly tense as you plot and then implement the next firefight – where decisions you make have very serious consequences. But be warned, it's not a game that gently welcomes those more used to running-and-gunning, and even for the hardcore, there are serious problems with awkward command menus for your squad and bland missions at the top of the list of minus points.
  3. Operation Flashpoint 2 is a simulation, but it’s a simulation that is actually fun to play.