• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 1, 2011
8.3

1. Nov 3, 2011
    otomedius is a worthy successor to gradius's shmup greatness, and with konami's igarashi at the helm it couldn't have been anything less. it's fast-paced, colorful, entertaining, has nice bullet patterns to learn and a lot of different characters to use. as a gamer i prefer old school shmups such as this to danmaku ones, and anyone who agrees will love otomedius excellent as well,otomedius is a worthy successor to gradius's shmup greatness, and with konami's igarashi at the helm it couldn't have been anything less. it's fast-paced, colorful, entertaining, has nice bullet patterns to learn and a lot of different characters to use. as a gamer i prefer old school shmups such as this to danmaku ones, and anyone who agrees will love otomedius excellent as well, regardless of the fact that professional reviewers will probably kill it for not being an aaa first person shooter... Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2011
    I adore Parodius, and otomedius is just like that, a funny shoot'em up like we haven't seen since the Play Station One days! i don't like one of the last stages, but overall Otomedius Excellent is still an... excellent game and one of the best of this genre, along with Deathsmiles! I am grateful they brought it to the USA, and I hope more games like this one can be released here in the future.
  3. Mar 2, 2012
    I think that this game need a best score, because is a really funny title, yes have some problems, but all the games have problems, is a great title with awesome characters, and a great story. Otomedius Excellent is in definitive a jewel.

1. Jan 17, 2012
    Otomedius Excellent shouldn't be worth anyone's time. Beyond the overall badness of the gameplay, the whole thing just feels incredibly cynical.
  2. Dec 5, 2011
    If you're looking for a crazy-action shooter to throw you back to the most hardcore of skill levels and reaction times, I would definitely recommend the recent Deathsmiles and the infamous (and downloadable) Ikaruga over this, but Otomedius Excellent is up there.
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    I admit that I'm new to using a Xbox 360 controller, but damn if these ladies aren't as slippery and wet as a walrus' throat.