Over G Fighters Xbox 360

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 27, 2006
6.2

1. Jun 7, 2017
    I've never come across so many lazy gamers and critics in any one industry. This is NOT an arcade game, it is not meant to hand you all the flight levels on a plate. Once you've completed all the mission modes it's only the beginning of a very long process of learning all the flight mission assessment and tricks. If anyone thinks their that good take off from the main base head to theI've never come across so many lazy gamers and critics in any one industry. This is NOT an arcade game, it is not meant to hand you all the flight levels on a plate. Once you've completed all the mission modes it's only the beginning of a very long process of learning all the flight mission assessment and tricks. If anyone thinks their that good take off from the main base head to the carrier heading 270 from the single player mission mode land on the carrier and take off do a circuit 20 times take off and land on the carrier without crashing. There's only one guy out there i know who can do it and I'm not sure even if he is cheating, on auto pilot non manual controls. This is the best video game ever period, the developers where years ahead of their time 12 years ago. This is the best flight simulator console game ever as well. If you cant fly this system you know the reason why. There's no need to run the game down. I've got 13 hours training UK GB and I fly this game on air-shows at the white/hotel base with retired pilots from the USAF & USMC USA. If you cant handle the game it's because of your limitations NOT because the game is rubbish or bad. I use a 50 inch LCD screen 1080 high colour TV, I sit about 5 feet away in a swivel chair. Cato9007 Expand
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    Over G Fighters, I am being generous by giving it a seven. It has good three dimensional graphics and mediocre sound quality. The cut scenes were low quality, they were almost like a powerpoint slide show with audio. Over G Fighters is an average military flight simulator at best. The levels get difficult too quickly for the average gamer and the amount of enemies are too many with tooOver G Fighters, I am being generous by giving it a seven. It has good three dimensional graphics and mediocre sound quality. The cut scenes were low quality, they were almost like a powerpoint slide show with audio. Over G Fighters is an average military flight simulator at best. The levels get difficult too quickly for the average gamer and the amount of enemies are too many with too much firepower. I enjoyed the game but honestly I would only recommend this game to just above average gamers. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is very unpolished, however the Black-out/redout feature is a breath of fresh air to old school lovers of air combat sims - of which on consoles there are none. This comes close but fails on many levels, graphics, tankers, loadouts ect. So close yet so far away. Really hoping for more- rent- don't buy unless they are practically giving them away.
  4. JoshuaRooney
    May 30, 2008
    I'm giving this a 2 because it isn't so bad that it deserves a 0, but I would suggest renting it first, that way, you won't have spent over £30 buying it, then finding out that you don't like it, but if you are going to sell it, don't get too excited, you'll probably only make £10.
  5. MaxQubit
    May 6, 2008
    The negative reviews and votes disgust me. This game is good, but it is made for a small audience, the ones who want to enjoy a 'simulation' on console. The others don't have to bother playing AND voting.

Even after 2(!) years, with Ace Combat 6 next to it, Over G Fighters is performing surprisingly well. I'm currently (may 2008) reenjoying the campaign. The ONLY

The ONLY console (360/PS3) game in which you really FLY a fighter jet.

6. fritzwendel
    Feb 18, 2008
    DON'T GET THIS GAME IF YOU LIKE ACE COMBAT 6 ARCADE STYLE COMBAT GAMES. This game requires dedication, patience, and a desire to learn flight techniques that require more than "point your nose and fire" thought process. If you like a challenge, and have played games oriented more to flight sims, this is a good used/bargain game. If you want to fire 150 missiles at will, and barrelDON'T GET THIS GAME IF YOU LIKE ACE COMBAT 6 ARCADE STYLE COMBAT GAMES. This game requires dedication, patience, and a desire to learn flight techniques that require more than "point your nose and fire" thought process. If you like a challenge, and have played games oriented more to flight sims, this is a good used/bargain game. If you want to fire 150 missiles at will, and barrel roll until you get epilepsy, then get Ace Combat 6. For Over G, controls are good, Jets and missiles sound good, but the soundtrack is horrible, Graphics show the titles age, and the menus, mission briefings are pretty rough, run of the mill Japanese style menus. When you get past all that, you'll find a rewarding flight experience that at its core is good. There are glaring deficiencies though. Buyer beware. I like it, but you may not. Expand
  7. mattwendel
    Feb 7, 2008
    It's more sim than arcade, this game is not for the casual pilot. A ton of missions, planes to unlock, and steep learning curve make this a title for only the best of pilots. If you like sim style flight combat, and looking for a challenge on a console flight game, look no further. If you want to fly around w/unlimited fuel and ammo, AC6 is a better bet.
  8. Jay
    Nov 13, 2007
    Was really hesitant about buying this game after reading reviews on it..glad now I ignored them as they're all talking out of their ass.. Over G is as close to a PC flight sim as you can get on a console..it's far better than any of the crap Ace combat series which was basically point plane and shoot.. In this game you have tactics which you need to use otherwise you're Was really hesitant about buying this game after reading reviews on it..glad now I ignored them as they're all talking out of their ass.. Over G is as close to a PC flight sim as you can get on a console..it's far better than any of the crap Ace combat series which was basically point plane and shoot.. In this game you have tactics which you need to use otherwise you're dead. As for the loser who was whinging about landing on a carrier..try it on exper/hell mode wimp..no rechargeable weapons and manual landing..then it's hard as well... All in all very enjoyable. Expand
  9. HollywooddeBoer
    May 20, 2007
    I tried to find a good thing to say about this game, but my search yeilded no results. This game is a complete flop and should never be mentioned of again.
  10. MattH.
    May 19, 2007
    I'll try to make this simple: this game simply is not fun. It's not going to appeal to fans of shoot-em-up arcade-style games or the sim crowd. Everything about this game, except for the selection of aircraft is sub-par or worse. Avoid at all costs. If you just can't help yourself, at least rent it before you buy it.
  11. SONIC6877
    Apr 26, 2007
    In life, I am a pilot and I must say the reviews of this game by critics is surprising and contradicting in some cases. Yes this game has a steep learning curb but then again, flying in life is that way as well. Could any of you critics jump right into a real F-16 and not make the same mistakes or worse? I would agree that the graphics could be better and they could fix some of the In life, I am a pilot and I must say the reviews of this game by critics is surprising and contradicting in some cases. Yes this game has a steep learning curb but then again, flying in life is that way as well. Could any of you critics jump right into a real F-16 and not make the same mistakes or worse? I would agree that the graphics could be better and they could fix some of the glitches but the game overall is a good one and plays well for someone who wants a more "realistic" setting than a "gamey" setting and has the patience to learn to fly these jets. Till you see a better fighter combat game for the 360 you should stop throwing stones. Expand
  12. KevinE.
    Mar 1, 2007
    This game is a great game. The dogfights are great, the 360 cockpit view is awesome, and the variety of aircrafts are great. The only things that keep this game from being great are some graphic flaws, confusion or ease of missions, and audio.
  13. DonM.
    Dec 5, 2006
    I have never hated a game as much as this one.
  14. KrissT.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Absolute rubbish..Some air combat games on my PS one looked and played better than this. As for the training missions ie: trying to land on a aircraft carrier...Landing gear up and landing gear down..that's your lot matey! IT SUCKS BIG TIME!
  15. JohnJ.
    Oct 8, 2006
    This is the best console Flight Sim yet, and just goes to show you that professional reviewers dont know JACK. The Graphics are great and the replays are straight out of Top Gun.
  16. MarcusB.
    Aug 18, 2006
    The grapgics are AWESOME, as well as the playability. The only complaint I have is the flight ceiling. In other words you cannot to a forward flip just like the predessor for the regular xbox.
  17. JamesH.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Not as bad as some people are making out, the missions are quite crappy but the multiplayer on Live is awesome. Stick the Top Gun soundtrack on the music center and hit the airbrakes and let them fly right by.
  18. KarlM.
    Aug 5, 2006
    This is the best flight sim game for a console so far, this is not an arcade game so Combat Ace fans look alsewhere, this is more like a PC flight sim. Reviewers are stupid these days as they are completely ignorant about what they try to review. Graphics are good (but not great) but the gameplay is there and it works fine, a lot of missions and many of the best fighters out there. It This is the best flight sim game for a console so far, this is not an arcade game so Combat Ace fans look alsewhere, this is more like a PC flight sim. Reviewers are stupid these days as they are completely ignorant about what they try to review. Graphics are good (but not great) but the gameplay is there and it works fine, a lot of missions and many of the best fighters out there. It gives you a great feeling of being there. Not a game for everyone, only sim players will like it. Expand
  19. BrettS.
    Jul 25, 2006
    This has to be, to date, the worst game for the revelutionary gaming system xbox 360. Missions are short, and repetitive, no real thought or talent involved when shooting targets. Graphics are horriable! Online is a bit more fun, but definately not worth the sticker price or rental price. I could go on about how bad this game is, but instead i'll summarize it in two words, it sucks!
  20. BruinsFan
    Jul 25, 2006
    The attempt was there. The technology hit a chaff instead of a direct hit. The controlls are far from a sim, which is what this game tries to achieve. It does use the same japanamation type story and menu's as Ace Combat and others before it. Nothing revolutionary here. The graphics arent bad, but going 300+mph they dont have to be great. There is a lack of sense of speed due to the The attempt was there. The technology hit a chaff instead of a direct hit. The controlls are far from a sim, which is what this game tries to achieve. It does use the same japanamation type story and menu's as Ace Combat and others before it. Nothing revolutionary here. The graphics arent bad, but going 300+mph they dont have to be great. There is a lack of sense of speed due to the fact that there is seldomly anything relative to your plane to get a true sense of how fast your going. Its not that the game is horrible, unless you cant get past the lack of dual analog support which really bothered me because now adays it just doesnt make sense not to have it, or at least the option for it. The missions are incredibly short, not neccesarily a bad thing, since some are frustrating no matter how they are approached. Overall the game is just ok, be it for sim fans, arcade fans might not enjoy it as much. The depth in unlocking planes is great, along with customizing weapons. Multiplayer is decent yet shallow. Expand
  21. ShayneF.
    Jul 16, 2006
    Every time I earn an achievement the game crashes.If they download a patch soon I might be more forgiving.Until then it is much too infuriating to complete a mission and then have it crash before it saves. 70 bucks down the drain.
  22. CraigL.
    Jul 14, 2006
    This game is as it says on the tin. a wonderful flight sim that surpasses everything else in its class on the 360. missle dodging is hard but what do you expect from a simulator? brilliant graphics and handling is great on most aircraft.
  23. SeanS.
    Jul 11, 2006
    If you're looking for a modern version of Crimson Skies, you'll probably hate this game. If you're looking for one of the best attempts at a console air combat sim, you will probably like it. Ok, it's not as deep as a PC sim, but this is offset by the fact that it's accessible to the average gamer without being too dumbed down to the point of clicking X to land - If you're looking for a modern version of Crimson Skies, you'll probably hate this game. If you're looking for one of the best attempts at a console air combat sim, you will probably like it. Ok, it's not as deep as a PC sim, but this is offset by the fact that it's accessible to the average gamer without being too dumbed down to the point of clicking X to land - yes, the ground textures can be a bit bland in places, the 2D menus are a bit cheesy and the manual does nothing really to help you orientate yourself to the game, but overall this game is worth much more than the scores it's getting here As an arcade game with the default settings, I'd give it 5/10 - as a sim, with the settings changed accordingly I'd ramp it up to an 8/10 - great game, but not going to be to everyones taste Expand
  24. JohnM.
    Jul 5, 2006
    This game is terrible. Graphics are mostly awful, it looks like afterburner on the Sega from the mid-nineties. The missions are short and easy. Online sux. DON'T BUY IT.
  25. DanielA.
    Jul 4, 2006
    I tried very hard to hate this game. The $65CDN price tag raises expectations of a highly polished game. This was not it. A rough interface and poorly translated instructions made for a poor first impresssion. As i learned the game, I steadily grew more addicted. The lacklustre campaigns became more challenging forcing me to consider the diverse arsenal at my disposal. The graphics are I tried very hard to hate this game. The $65CDN price tag raises expectations of a highly polished game. This was not it. A rough interface and poorly translated instructions made for a poor first impresssion. As i learned the game, I steadily grew more addicted. The lacklustre campaigns became more challenging forcing me to consider the diverse arsenal at my disposal. The graphics are ok, but the low res textures do not scream next generation gaming. I also expect the ground textures to mip up so I have a better visual idea of my altitude when attempting low altitude maneuvers. Once I went online i realized I was hooked the Arena multiplayer sessions are quite enjoyable but the lobby system is grossly underdeveloped. You cannot have a rematch as you are kicked back to the mode select screen after each match. If people keep playing this online it will be great game. Undoubtedly the online population will diminish rapidly. A great buy when it goes on sale or if you can find it used. But for 70 bux after tax, ...meh. Expand
    Jul 4, 2006
    Not the best game but not the worst game either.Missions are short, game play a little dated, had more fun playing Ace combat for the PS2 and I hate the PS2.
  27. RobertPlumley
    Jul 3, 2006
    Good game, this is probably as close to a sim as you will get on a console for a flight sim. The short missions have taken a bit of critism in the reviews around, but i prefer this method as apposed to the normal attack one target then fly for 5 mins to the next target. also on expert level the missions are pretty tough and provide a good challenge.
    Online wise i think its great, upto 2
    Online wise i think its great, upto 2 teams of 2 each with a convoy and a base to protect whilst dealing as much damage to the opposing teams. Must also mention this is one of few games i've bought since xbox360 arrived that doesn't need a patch, it all works brilliantly. As i say this is very much a sim, dont buy this expecting something along the lines of crimson skies. it wont be for everyone, but those that invest the time will find a gem of a game.
  28. BertFrancis
    Jul 3, 2006
    The Good: Many planes to choose from. Only SIM flight game on the 360

The Bad: Gameplay is horrible. Very slow paced. Multiplayer is worthless. Sound is repetitive and annoying. Gameplay gets boring very quickly I purchased this game shortly after it's release with very high hopes. I enjoy flight simulators and I was hoping that Ubisoft made some improvements since it's
    The Good: Many planes to choose from. Only SIM flight game on the 360

I purchased this game shortly after it's release with very high hopes. I enjoy flight simulators and I was hoping that Ubisoft made some improvements since it's last disgrace of a game, Blazing Angels. Unfortunately my hopes were quickly let down as I began to play Over G. The gameplay is very slow. Simply turning your plane feels like a chore as your turns seem to take a lifetime to complete. Often your jet will be locked on by another plane. When this happens you must steer your plane out of harms way before the missle hits. This process seems very flawed as it seems you have about a 50% chance of being hit regardless of how good you are or how many flares you unleash. The missions are also very repetitive. You basically have 4 choices in missions. Dog fight, ground fight, dog fight and ground fight, or the really special dog fight and ground fight while escorting another plane. Finally I was hoping the multiplayer was going to save the game and make it all worth it. Unfortunately again this element was actually worse than the single player game. I can actually describe the multiplayer portion in a few short sentences. You basically start mid air in a dogfight with other people. 80% of the time the enemy and yourself are already in missle firing range. Immediately you and the enemy fire all of your missles and the lock to the target. Than you spend about 20 sec, firing flares and avoiding the missles until someone dies and the other becomes the winner. That's it! No take off and landing. No strategic flying. Just who can push the A button fastest.
    Overall, I wouldn't recommend this game to ANYONE. don't waste your money on such a crappy title. Ubisoft needs to learn that games like this just don't cut it and hopefully with the lackluster sales they'll get the picture and fire the crappy developers in charge of these pathetic flight games. With such a great potential game idea they have truly let down the gaming public
  29. Nov 13, 2011

1. If you're in the market for a proper jet-fighter game, I'd recommend hunting down a proper PC simulation. I remember EF-2000 from about 1998 being about 1998 times better than this. And if you want an arcadey dogfighter, try "Crimson Skies" for Xbox 1 instead.
  2. A very average game. Sluggish controls and a lackluster presentation really hurt this game. The lack of real mission variety doesn’t help matters either.
  3. In spite of its unspectacular style and its translation-glitch quirks, Over G is a little weird, but lots of fun. [Aug 2006, p.92]