• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 27, 2006
5.9

1. Nov 7, 2013
    Over G Fighters, I am being generous by giving it a seven. It has good three dimensional graphics and mediocre sound quality. The cut scenes were low quality, they were almost like a powerpoint slide show with audio. Over G Fighters is an average military flight simulator at best. The levels get difficult too quickly for the average gamer and the amount of enemies are too many with too much firepower. I enjoyed the game but honestly I would only recommend this game to just above average gamers. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is very unpolished, however the Black-out/redout feature is a breath of fresh air to old school lovers of air combat sims - of which on consoles there are none. This comes close but fails on many levels, graphics, tankers, loadouts ect. So close yet so far away. Really hoping for more- rent- don't buy unless they are practically giving them away.

1. If you're in the market for a proper jet-fighter game, I'd recommend hunting down a proper PC simulation. I remember EF-2000 from about 1998 being about 1998 times better than this. And if you want an arcadey dogfighter, try "Crimson Skies" for Xbox 1 instead.
  2. A very average game. Sluggish controls and a lackluster presentation really hurt this game. The lack of real mission variety doesn’t help matters either.
  3. In spite of its unspectacular style and its translation-glitch quirks, Over G is a little weird, but lots of fun. [Aug 2006, p.92]