8.3

1. MattO.
    Jul 2, 2007
    The controls do take some getting used to, but this game is addictive! Lots of fun and the tongue-in-cheek humor is great!
  2. CodyB.
    Jul 6, 2007
    I have really become dissapointed in critics. They have lost sight of what fun is. They are so full of themselves. Take IGN for example. How old is the reviewer? 12? He/she sure acts like it. So your system or game had a glitch. Get it fixed and grow up. This game ROCKS! Fable meets pikmin. Innovative, new, and refreshing. I can only hope that idiotic reviewers like IGN dont ruin the I have really become dissapointed in critics. They have lost sight of what fun is. They are so full of themselves. Take IGN for example. How old is the reviewer? 12? He/she sure acts like it. So your system or game had a glitch. Get it fixed and grow up. This game ROCKS! Fable meets pikmin. Innovative, new, and refreshing. I can only hope that idiotic reviewers like IGN dont ruin the chance for a sequal for this awesome game. Expand
  3. BobL.
    Jul 8, 2007
    I love this game cause of the puzzles, the monsters never get old, and I just wanna improve the score :D!(Beating people up is always fun!)
  4. ChristopherL.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Great fun sweeping minions and hearing their chatter. Excellent fantasy fare, despite the fat tongue in the grinning cheek. Any tedium with some mechanic of the game is alleviated by well rounded design: good sound, beautiful scenery (oddly captivating fog?), fun voice acting rarely out of place. It's a solid experience which, for me, came out of nowhere. Just what the 360 needs.
  5. MarkT.
    Sep 10, 2007
    What's with the 50s and 60s? This game is fantastic... funny, innovative - a real joy, in my book. I know Bioshock is the big success, but I actually prefer playing this, so much more fun. Bioshock is so miserable (although it IS a great game, don't get me wrong) But give me one xbox game on a deserted island ? I would go for this one all the way.
  6. BarneyF.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Graphically it is the best rpg action game on the 360. The controls will take time to get used to but I can't wait!!
  7. Evilin-Oregon
    Jun 29, 2007
    This game is a blast to play. Camera and movement controls can be a bit sticky. Overall, this game is totally unique on the 360 and totally worth a try.
  8. Adamd.l.T.
    Jul 3, 2007
    A truly excellent game that has hours of gameplay. A great sense of humor, with great graphics and sound. You really do feel like the Overlord. A wonderful title that you should pick up today.
  9. salamitsunami
    Aug 11, 2007
    One of my favorite games of all time. really underrated. great graphics and sense of humor.
  10. EricH.
    Oct 8, 2008
    I can't see some of the reviewers points for rating this game lower than an 80. This game, too me, is so addictive! The main storyline for this game was creative and imaginative, something you don't find in most games. Also, some of the main points of the game pivot on your decision. A decently long game, with creative enemies and epic bosses,and the expansion pack being even I can't see some of the reviewers points for rating this game lower than an 80. This game, too me, is so addictive! The main storyline for this game was creative and imaginative, something you don't find in most games. Also, some of the main points of the game pivot on your decision. A decently long game, with creative enemies and epic bosses,and the expansion pack being even more awesome, I think this game deserves a ten. Expand
  11. KhistianR.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Overlord came around with very little coverage, unfortunately to. It got sadly overshadowed with the much bigger releases at that tme. Overlord lets you play the role of the evil guy, [not many seem to]. You awaken after a long rest, to meet your minions and the minion master. Starting off the game, you begin with 5 minions, butas you get more powerful, you can command a total of 50. Too Overlord came around with very little coverage, unfortunately to. It got sadly overshadowed with the much bigger releases at that tme. Overlord lets you play the role of the evil guy, [not many seem to]. You awaken after a long rest, to meet your minions and the minion master. Starting off the game, you begin with 5 minions, butas you get more powerful, you can command a total of 50. Too many people's first impressions, they might think its a hack and slash game along the lines of a Conan or Golden Axe. From the start in the first level, you can tell Overlord, doesn't take itself to seriously with the sarcastic skit of light fullfy music, sheep bouncing arounding and the fact you haveto kill them [well only if you want to] for brown minion magic. Also the animations are brilliant, smooth and well done. In detailed, but comedic way. Also there' much more to the game once you get past the first level. The different types of minions, the humour, similar to that of Discworld. Also notiably Rhianna Pratchett, Terry's daughter who helped oversee the game. Later on, you can also upgrade your weapons, your armour, which comes in handy for controlling your minions or whether you opt for strength over magic, vice versa. Also your living quarters, its not a major in depth feature, but its a nice addition. You can purchase fountains, statues and make itlook more homely. It seems there's a bit of snobbery by some of the magazines and Overlord never got the higher scores it deserves. Also is the 2 player split screen mode, which features both co-op and deathmatch. On Xbox 360 you can download this for free, on PS3 is included with the game itself. Overlord at times reminds me of the look of Fable, the fun of Dungeon Keeper 2 and the story of a side-Discworld-book. Overall, its a great mix of light-RPG, Strategy and fun and its a fair decent size to. If you see a copy, I'd recommend it. Score : 85%. Expand
  12. Jan 31, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant game that really takes a creative approach to the genre. Basically it's Dungeon Keeper meets Pikmin. Visuals are pretty. gameplay is fun. character are just so over-the-top and perfectly flung as far away from their stereotypes as possible.. Overall: An absolute treasure and a great laugh to anyone who enjoys fantasy.

1. Tedious puzzles and repetitious level design makes Overlord become very predictable all too quickly. [July 2007, p.90]
  2. Thankfully, Overlord doesn’t take itself too seriously and due to its sheer simplicity it remains a fun game to play. [July 2007, p.118]
  3. Overlord is charming, satisfying and pure evil all at the same time. In a good way, of course. [July 2007, p.87]