7.7

1. Dec 15, 2010
    Unbelievably addicting. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX will have you playing 'till the wee hours of the morning. From the variations of music, colors, characters and mazes to the highly competitive formula, you won't be able to tear yourself away. Pure adrenaline-pumping fun.
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    OK so you have Pac-Man. Now you have this Pac-Man. This IS Pac-Man. I am amazed how they could improve the formula. This game is addicting. It's fast paced and there is nothing more satisfying then eating a train of 30 ghosts and wiping out the rest as you keep extending the power pill time. I even enjoy the Matrix time effect whenever you are close to getting nailed by a ghost. I can'tOK so you have Pac-Man. Now you have this Pac-Man. This IS Pac-Man. I am amazed how they could improve the formula. This game is addicting. It's fast paced and there is nothing more satisfying then eating a train of 30 ghosts and wiping out the rest as you keep extending the power pill time. I even enjoy the Matrix time effect whenever you are close to getting nailed by a ghost. I can't think of any negatives. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2010
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX just does what a game should do : it's fun to play and play again, it doesn't break too much away from the mold that made it an instant classic back when it originally released and adds a few variations here and there along with leader boards to give it replayability. Forget spending quarters over and over; for 10$, you'll be able to play this gem of a gamePac-Man Championship Edition DX just does what a game should do : it's fun to play and play again, it doesn't break too much away from the mold that made it an instant classic back when it originally released and adds a few variations here and there along with leader boards to give it replayability. Forget spending quarters over and over; for 10$, you'll be able to play this gem of a game without fear of running out of change.

If you're still skeptical, download the trial and let the game show you what gaming is about : pure, unadulterated fun.
  4. Feb 13, 2011
    I never believed Pac-Man could be so fun...

I often buy Pac-mans in different platforms (especially portable ones) because Pacman is a Must have in any console; since I already had original Pac-Man in my xbox, i thought there was no reason to buy Pacman CE DX; I was wrong. I played the trial and I felt in love with it. It is totally different from original pacman, having the focus on
    I never believed Pac-Man could be so fun...

I played the trial and I felt in love with it. It is totally different from original pacman, having the focus on speed, and eating ghosts... It gives you a lot of tools for surviving the ghosts, but it is challenging (a little bit) at the same time. Moreover, it has a lot of puzzles...

If you have a chance, buy it... Seriously...

(If you have a psp, I think it is available for it, so that is the best choice, if not, go 360)
  5. Jan 2, 2011
    excelent game, its one of the best pacman i ever played :)
  6. Nov 22, 2010
    When Namco released Championship Edition a couple years ago, I was completely blown away. Somehow, they've done it again. They've beefed up the gameplay yet again, this time adding more modes than you should get for $10. This game is awesome. Go get the trial!
  7. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Can anyone spell "addiction"? I know I can! Great retro throwback, and the most addictive game of 2010!!
  8. Dec 5, 2010
    This game is proof positive that game developers' time and effort is better spent on exploring new gameplay mechanics than on striving for photorealistic images and Hollywood-style cinematics. The developers at Namco, instead of asking themselves how to make Pac-Man look and sound better, poured their energy into figuring out how to make the game more fun. This isn't just a modernized orThis game is proof positive that game developers' time and effort is better spent on exploring new gameplay mechanics than on striving for photorealistic images and Hollywood-style cinematics. The developers at Namco, instead of asking themselves how to make Pac-Man look and sound better, poured their energy into figuring out how to make the game more fun. This isn't just a modernized or tweaked version of the old arcade game - it is a completely new game, created specifically for networked home gaming consoles. It tosses aside the old notion that a game's objective needs to be about survival and focuses entirely on competitive scoring. Reviewers who complained about the near-colision slowdown and bombs must not have really thought it through, because those elements provide a complexity to the playing stretegy that is absolutely essential. Without them, there'd be a 1,000-way tie for best score on all the lederboards. This is a masterpiece of gaming design. Expand
  9. Jul 3, 2011
    Yeah I'm an old school gamer.
    Yeah I love Pac-Man & Mr. Do!
    But this is more like Pac-Man does Trials HD, it just has that addictive "one more go" quality.
    And it was the first game I went out off my way to 100% complete.
    Worth the 800 M$ no questions, although if you go back to it after 100% completing is another matter
  10. Dec 26, 2010
    I thoroughly enjoyed Champion Edition when it came out and still play it to this day. DX took it to a whole new level for me. The options available for game play make every play through entertaining. A must have for any Pac-man enthusiast.
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    Easily the most enjoyable adaptation of Pac-Man I have ever played. It feels great to play and will leave you coming back for better high scores time and time again. A must own game
  12. Jan 21, 2011
    Simply outstanding. It's got the old school 80's gaming mechanics, the insane high speed action of current arcade games, and the rainbow euphoria of Peggle all wrapped up into one package. Great for short bursts of gaming or longer periods of trying to get the new high score. It is addicting and just plain FUN.
  13. May 12, 2011
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is the best downloadable game of the year, as well as the best Pac-Man to date. Pros: 'Addictive' doesn't even do it justice; gorgeous visuals; lots of modes, boards, and more importantly, ghosts. Cons: You'll never be the best.
  14. Sep 23, 2015
    Remember the old Pac-Man arcade machines back in the 80s? This is it on steroids. I am seriously blown away from how they improved the classic we all know and love.

The presentation is amazing. It vastly improves from the original Pac-Man Championship Edition. The graphics are very colorful, and there are many skins you can use to customize your game. The sprites of Pac-Man and the many ghosts in the game are very detailed and resemble their 8-bit counterparts.

The soundtrack is phenomenal. Not only do you have the original Pac-Man Championship Edition game, you have several other tracks as well, and they all kick butt.

The game allows you to choose from a variety of game modes and mazes. Game modes can vary from getting the most points to eating the most ghosts in a row. You can choose from 3 difficulties, easy, medium, and hard. How fast the game goes, the number of lives, and the number of bombs you get depend on your difficulty level.

When you start the game, Pac-Man goes at the speed you set at the beginning, but as you eat more pac-dots and ghosts, the speed gradually increases until Pac-Man achieves speeds that make Sonic the Hedgehog jealous (What has SEGA done to him?).

Unlike the original Pac-Man Championship Edition, this game has lots of ghosts scattered around the maze. When you get close to them, they will start following you from behind. Don't turn back whatever you do or else these colorful jerks will kill you.

The main source of progression in the game is fruit. As you know, fruit comes in different forms and increase in point value. When you eat them, they will add new pac-dots to the maze, and the maze will change forms. This is a good way of keeping a time limited game going.

The power ups are awesome. Once again, the power pellet returns. As you might know, you can use power pellets to turn ghosts dark blue and eat them. It's really satisfying when you get one of these and eat all 30 to 40 ghosts behind you. That's awesome.

New to this game are bombs, and let me just say I am glad that bombs are in this game. In a really bad situation—such as getting trapped in a corner by ghosts—the game will go into a slo-mo effect and allow Pac-Man time to react and use a bomb. When you use a bomb, all the ghosts that are chasing you will be blasted back into the ghost box, allowing you time to get out of a tough situation. When the game gets fast, you will need these. Stock up on them and use them wisely.

I cannot stress enough how great Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is. It is one of the best games I played on the Xbox 360. The graphics and sountrack are very amazing, and the gameplay is a major improvement from the original arcade game. If you haven't bought this game yet on the Xbox Live Arcade, now's the time since we're about a year away from end of Live support for Xbox 360. I give this game a 10 out of 10.

10/10 (Legendary!)

•The Good
    + Colorful Graphics
    + Lots of Ghosts
    + Kick-butt soundtrack
    + Bombs
    + Intense Gameplay

The Bad
    - N/A
  15. Dec 20, 2010
    i love this i couldn't play regular cause as the game went on the ghosts got faster, but now with the slow-mo im a pro and i love seeing all the points flash on the screen. i cant find anything wrong with this game.
  16. Aug 12, 2011
    This game is addictive, it's deep, beautiful visually, and it thrives on design, rather than fluffy bullet point features which is a common selling point of mainstream juggernaut franchises. It's not about checking a sequel out and now you have RACE CAR KILLSTREAK or now you have JETPACKS. It's just something you play, and the gameplay speaks for itself. That is something of real, trueThis game is addictive, it's deep, beautiful visually, and it thrives on design, rather than fluffy bullet point features which is a common selling point of mainstream juggernaut franchises. It's not about checking a sequel out and now you have RACE CAR KILLSTREAK or now you have JETPACKS. It's just something you play, and the gameplay speaks for itself. That is something of real, true high quality, and well-crafted game design. Expand
  17. Nov 23, 2010
    This is one if not the best arcade games on XBLA. its fast, fun,colorful, and the music's great. Once you eat 40 ghosts in a row you will know why your still living.
  18. Dec 23, 2010
    As one of those that could never get into the original Pac Man (read: sucked at), I've never been bitten by the nostalgia bug for this franchise's more recent iterations. It's too difficult for me and my aging reflexes and I'll be the first to admit it. I've never come across an entry in this franchise that I could play for longer then a minute. That is... until DX came along. A brilliantAs one of those that could never get into the original Pac Man (read: sucked at), I've never been bitten by the nostalgia bug for this franchise's more recent iterations. It's too difficult for me and my aging reflexes and I'll be the first to admit it. I've never come across an entry in this franchise that I could play for longer then a minute. That is... until DX came along. A brilliant take on the classic formula which breathes new life, accessibility and replayability into this 30 year old gaming icon. Fantastic stuff. Expand
  19. DME
    Feb 23, 2011
    Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is definitely a fun turn on the traditional Pac-Man games, but I found it to be a bit over-priced. If you are a Pac-Fan, then by all means... download. The graphics are nice, sound and music are more modern (and not annoying), and gameplay blends old and new together quite nicely. And the developers added one feature that will always be a favorite:Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is definitely a fun turn on the traditional Pac-Man games, but I found it to be a bit over-priced. If you are a Pac-Fan, then by all means... download. The graphics are nice, sound and music are more modern (and not annoying), and gameplay blends old and new together quite nicely. And the developers added one feature that will always be a favorite: Matrix-style slow down right before colliding with enemies. Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2011
    The best $10 you could ever spend. This game will drain hours and hours of your life if you are not careful! It's simply a must buy for anyone remotely interested in Pac-Man.
  21. Jan 22, 2011
    Really fun and addicting only thing its missing is co-op or multiplayer it seems interesting... The graphics are great too... Best played when really bored i played this non stop fir like 3 hours straight
  22. May 22, 2013
    Updating the classic Pac-Man formula this Championship Addition adds score and time attack modes to make for an addictive Xbox Live title.
  23. Sep 28, 2011
    Namco have added so much more since the original Championship Edition. It's not strategic in terms of avoiding ghosts any more. The game is a lot easier due to the addition of bombs, dumb ghosts who will just follow you rather than trying to catch you out and the slow-mo when you're about to lose a life. And yet it's way more fun. By not letting players abuse ghost combos without advancingNamco have added so much more since the original Championship Edition. It's not strategic in terms of avoiding ghosts any more. The game is a lot easier due to the addition of bombs, dumb ghosts who will just follow you rather than trying to catch you out and the slow-mo when you're about to lose a life. And yet it's way more fun. By not letting players abuse ghost combos without advancing the maze, Namco have made a game that is rewarding and is much more about efficiency in terms of eating the dots as quickly as possible- as well as careful timing for ghost combos. The addition of new mazes, time trial and ghost combo modes give the player lots more choice, and hours of fun. Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Feb 18, 2011
    DX is the gaming equivalent of throwing five Mentos mints into a cola bottle and shaking it until the lid pops in a fizzy explosion of insane foamy greatness. [Feb 2011, p.91]
  2. Jan 31, 2011
    One of the most exciting titles available. It is, in short, a game any sort of player – casual or hard-core – will take a shine to.
  3. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK