8.5

1. Aaace5
    Jun 10, 2007
    I never thought Pac-man would be fun again, but somehow they managed to pull it off! I don't know if it's the neon light levels, the bass thumpin music, or the gradual increase in speed for each level, or maybe some kind of hidden pac-man magic. I still think all arcade games on live should cost 400 points($5), but this is still a good game at 800 points($10).
  2. BryanK.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Pac-man is a game synonymous with gaming. It was the grandfather or arcade games, but it has never been met with a true sequel. Yes, there was Ms. Pac-man, but in reality the only difference between Pac-man and Ms. Pacman is a bow. Enter Pac-man : CE, and we've got the first true sequel the franchise has seen. The way it works is the screen is split into two halves that you can more Pac-man is a game synonymous with gaming. It was the grandfather or arcade games, but it has never been met with a true sequel. Yes, there was Ms. Pac-man, but in reality the only difference between Pac-man and Ms. Pacman is a bow. Enter Pac-man : CE, and we've got the first true sequel the franchise has seen. The way it works is the screen is split into two halves that you can more through freely. On each half there are some dots, and once you clear the dots from one half a piece of fruit will appear on the other side of the map. When you eat the fruit a wave will go across the screen and replenish it with dots and it will also modify the map. This eliminates any break in the action that the original Pac-man had. The game modes are divided into 5 minute and 10 minute modes. The timer adds a sense of urgency to the game. You get the feeling like you have to accomplish as much as possible before the timer runs out. The ghosts are almost the same with one big change. You can now chain together your power pellets to get a higher multiplier. So if you eat a pellet, then eat all the ghosts, if you eat another pellet it will continue the multiplier until it tops out at 3200, but you can continue to chain the pellets together to keep increasing how many 3200 points you get. These new gameplay mechanics definitely change the way the game is played. There is more strategy, and it also makes everything in the game a valid part of the game. Before fruit were only for bonuses, but now they have an active role in the game. All in all this is a frentic, fun and addictive addition to anyone's collection. Remember, this isn't your grandmother's Pac-man. Expand
  3. LeeH.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Excellent update of a classic that adds just enough to keep it fresh and exciting.
  4. JosephK.
    Jun 22, 2007
    An awesome update to a classic game. I love the idea of time limits, it really changes the flow of the game. The ghosts are very smart and you need to stay on your toes in order to not get eaten. The only thing that would have improved this game would have been the addition of some type of multiplayer- 2 coop pacmen? Player controlled ghosts? Maybe next time.
  5. JoeyK.
    Jun 30, 2007
    This is the first Pac-Man game to ever expand on the original while keeping the core of what makes it's great. The retro graphics combined with slick presentation is awesome, and the gameplay is spot on. Number one complaint: Analog stick just not responsive enough. It's really a testament to the power of Pac-Man that it took 20 years for someone to figure out how to improve the game.
  6. NickG.
    Jun 15, 2007
    I was never a fan of the original Pacman, but this updated version is actually fun. It has far more depth than people realize.
  7. JasonB.
    Jun 6, 2007
    An excellent revamping of the original by the original creator. Fast-paced and intense!
  8. AnthB.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Best game I've played on XBLA so far. Unlocked all the achievements but I love coming back to try and beat my Championship score.
  9. Sep 22, 2010
    I played this one game in an arcade that had an xbox machinme hooked up to look like an arcade cabinet but really it was a lie box because xbox machines are not arcade cabinets but this game is an arcade game. The arcade also had a slush puppy machine and a friendly man changing notes for coins. he was sat behind a glass shelf which I at first thought peculiar but it was just for safety ofI played this one game in an arcade that had an xbox machinme hooked up to look like an arcade cabinet but really it was a lie box because xbox machines are not arcade cabinets but this game is an arcade game. The arcade also had a slush puppy machine and a friendly man changing notes for coins. he was sat behind a glass shelf which I at first thought peculiar but it was just for safety of said man incase of gun attack. The game is perfect apart from the ghosts. A CONTINUOS NUICANCE! Expand

1. This new take on an old favorite adds new, exciting elements to the formula without getting rid of what made Pac-Man so good in the first place.
    Championship Edition feels fresh and exciting. The classic feel of Pac-Man is still there, but the new features are well designed and fit in perfectly with the overall purpose of the Live Arcade. It's fast, exhilarating and fun.
  3. It’s nice to see a classic remade instead of simply repackaged, especially when a great deal of respect has been paid to the original game in the reconstruction.