7.3

1. Aug 13, 2013
    I know fans of Payday are going to pay this review very little homage, but hear me out.

As a multiplayer game, Payday seems to be quite the enjoyable experience. However, I speak on behalf of those who do not have access to the online features of the game.

As a single player experience, this game is complete trash. When you have a game which relies so heavily on team work and precise
    actions you cannot, I repeat, cannot have crap AI and that is where this game fails horribly. The partner AI is perhaps the more useless, horrid excuse for AI counterparts I have ever seen in a game. They are on the same level as those escort missions where the person you are protecting seems to have been programmed by a squirrel with ADHD.

After about two hours of playing I came to realize that they literally do nothing. They do not gear up, they do not put on their masks, they do not control the crowds. Hell, you are lucky if they even hang around the general vicinity of the heist.

It is blatantly obvious that this game was completely designed to be multiplayer and nothing more, so why bother including a single player aspect at all? Is it some kind of ploy to get more money? I can't help but feel that it is.
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is so glitchy; grabbing money bags through walls, a lot of grinding and super repetitive. This game would benefit from highlighting threats such as security cameras as Left4dead series has.
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    I originally gave this game an 8. For now, I'm dropping it to a one.

Payday 2 is an excellent game, but I encourage you: do not buy it. Overkill has not shown the same support for consoles as they have for PC. In the time that PC has received twenty (20) updates, Xbox 360 players are currently waiting for their first.

The current rumor is that Microsoft will not allow such a large
    patch through; however, it's astounding as to how much time has passed between release and Overkill finally getting to the patch at all.

I encourage no one further to buy this game, as this disparity is unfair and should be addressed.

Note: I would be saying this in any instance, even if PC and consoles were to be in opposite positions. We are all paying customers, we deserve equal support. If Overkill/505 cannot provide that support for a system, then they should not release it for that system.
  4. Aug 17, 2013
    Get this game if you like drills. Drills, drills and more drills. The objective of every game is to use a drill. Drill a vault, or drill a safe, wait for the ridiculously long drilling time, repair the drill when it inevitably breaks. Defend the drill from cops etc. Sometimes, a power switch will need to be turned off to continue using the drill, so to get to the power switch, you need to drill a door. Finally... you get through into the vault, there's another barred gate you need to drill. Repeat for every level.

The guns suck, the controls suck, the ai sucks for both friendly bots, civilians and enemies. Bugs are everywhere. You need a minimum of four characters playing at all times. If it's not a player, it's a bot. Drop in drop out multiplayer is horrendous with lengthy load times occurring at any moment. Even right at the end when the mission is all but complete. This game is repetitive, boring and infuriating.
  5. Sep 3, 2013
    The fact the game was the biggest pain in the world to get ahold of on launch day (even if you preordered it) makes this game a failure for both the developers and publishers.

Still, it’s only mildly entertaining and extremely repetitive. Throw in the fact that the skill tree is extremely flawed and there is an exorbitant amount of profanity and I can safely say I don’t recommend it at
    all.

This would be an above-average downloadable title, but as a full-blown release, it fails to live up to its name.
  6. Sep 20, 2013
    Thoughts this game would be much better on console but i was wrong. Not that good of a game PERIOD. All the heist feel the same and many times i have to ask myself did i just play this same heist three times?? Game gets boring. You have to level up to purchase guns and the level in general sucks. Also the Team A.I are completely useless meaning you must play this game online to get some enjoyment out of the game. Dont buy new buy used so you still have time to return this horrible game... Expand
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    Disappointing for returning fans. Overkill is WAY to easy with a competent crew, regardless of the wonky COD fans complaining "It's too hard!" Where's the Spooks/Cloakers? Lack of challenging Specials is just lame. Skill tree is bland. Everyone goes MM/Ghost or Enforcer/Tech. No grenade launchers/ LMGs. Small heist maps, but the day system compensates for that. Really anyone giving this a positive review hasn't put in a hundred hours of gameplay. Trust me, it gets dull after awhile. Expand

1. Oct 18, 2013
    PayDay 2 sports an interesting concept but it isn't flawless: bad graphics and a very inappropriate AI keep it from showing its true potential. You should consider it only if you've got three friends to play with.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    PAYDAY 2 is a game with a lot of potential and good ideas, but the final version of the game has a few defects. Sometimes the AI will be doing things which are quite strange. Luckily, PAYDAY 2 is saved by its mods, unlocks and co-op mode.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    As a single player game it's just a mediocre shooter, but bring on some friends and you'll have hours upon hours of mindless fun.