7.2

1. Aug 13, 2013
    The game is great and will only get better with each update DLC. Some peple experience minor connection problems but the ones I know that had thoose problems have been easily fixed and is enjoying the game right now. Recommend everyone who likes FPS and want a new experience compared to the same old CoD and BF is giving. Game 10/10
  2. Aug 17, 2013
    An amazing game that focuses on the multiplayer aspects of teamwork for greater profit. It's an amazing evolution from the first one with more missions, more customization, and great characteristics.

The graphics and animations can be buggy, but downloading the game to hard drive makes it better.
  3. Aug 14, 2013
    You and your crew slowly creep down the back alley that leads behind the jewelry store. You whisper to the team to stop as you peer around the corner scanning for any rent-a-cops that might be suspicious of your activity. "Pop!" One bullet from your partners silenced pistol and the security guard is down, now all that stands before you and thousand of dollars in gold and silver is a thinYou and your crew slowly creep down the back alley that leads behind the jewelry store. You whisper to the team to stop as you peer around the corner scanning for any rent-a-cops that might be suspicious of your activity. "Pop!" One bullet from your partners silenced pistol and the security guard is down, now all that stands before you and thousand of dollars in gold and silver is a thin sheet of glass. "Do I break it and risk being heard?" You think to yourself, knowing that at the flip of a coin everything could go south. "Smash!" The window shatters as the butt of your gun hits it. "AHHH!" Screams a pedestrian, your heart races, then the alarm goes off! "Masks on guys!", it's time to go to work. Welcome to Payday 2, the heist in on!

Visit www.GameFan365.com for the full review
  4. Aug 13, 2013
    I know fans of Payday are going to pay this review very little homage, but hear me out.

As a multiplayer game, Payday seems to be quite the enjoyable experience. However, I speak on behalf of those who do not have access to the online features of the game. As a single player experience, this game is complete trash. When you have a game which relies so heavily on team work and precise

As a single player experience, this game is complete trash. When you have a game which relies so heavily on team work and precise actions you cannot, I repeat, cannot have crap AI and that is where this game fails horribly. The partner AI is perhaps the more useless, horrid excuse for AI counterparts I have ever seen in a game. They are on the same level as those escort missions where the person you are protecting seems to have been programmed by a squirrel with ADHD.

After about two hours of playing I came to realize that they literally do nothing. They do not gear up, they do not put on their masks, they do not control the crowds. Hell, you are lucky if they even hang around the general vicinity of the heist.

It is blatantly obvious that this game was completely designed to be multiplayer and nothing more, so why bother including a single player aspect at all? Is it some kind of ploy to get more money? I can't help but feel that it is.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    If you play this game offline that's unfortunate, because that aspect of the game is pretty broken even most of the critics say so. But online play is amazing. I can see this game evoling that I hope that with another installment there is more expansive levels, competitive modes (cop vs robbers). Even though some of the game play here is receptive, and police ai are nothing more thatIf you play this game offline that's unfortunate, because that aspect of the game is pretty broken even most of the critics say so. But online play is amazing. I can see this game evoling that I hope that with another installment there is more expansive levels, competitive modes (cop vs robbers). Even though some of the game play here is receptive, and police ai are nothing more that overwhelming. The idea that is put forth is solid. Expand
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    If you loved payday 1, this game is a saint predecessor. The community is semi-okay, where as you ruin stealth, they kick you. This game is not recommended this for single, though it is possible to do it. I highly (and I stress) recommend this for its co-op factors.
    If you are a gamer who likes good game with good graphics, this is for you. If you like to play rpg games, this is for you. If you like fps, action, teamwork games, this is for you.
    Buy this game right now if you haven't. See you at the safehouse.
  7. Aug 16, 2013
    Buy this game if you have access to online, because the A.I isn't the greatest. Playing online with random people and chatting with them is awesome, but even better with your friends. Comparing masks cool masks and showing off your setup is fun and enjoyable. This is my favorite game of all time, hands down. I give it a 10!
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    Never played payday before this but it really is an amazing game. The randomness of what happens in a mission really does it for me. I mean you get to know what the alternative routes are after playing a mission a few times but still, not knowing where the escape truck is going to arrive for example makes the game so much more tense because you never know where to go until they tell you.Never played payday before this but it really is an amazing game. The randomness of what happens in a mission really does it for me. I mean you get to know what the alternative routes are after playing a mission a few times but still, not knowing where the escape truck is going to arrive for example makes the game so much more tense because you never know where to go until they tell you. The teamwork is amazing even when playing with strangers. Yes it is better when everyone has mics but if everyone knows what they are doing in a mission it is possible to establish your role in the team fairly quickly. A few pointers for devs below if they read this....

1. I really hope devs put in even more rpg elements in the future because as it stands, you don't get much after passing lvl 46.

2. Also, the massive amount of off shore cash is useless since you can only see it but not spend it. I get the point that maybe it's just meant to be a score to show off to people but if that's the case when we party up with friends or strangers display the level as well as the offshore balance. Also it would be really useful to display a high level breakdown of the balance of skills in the team so the team leader is aware.

Other than that great job on the game and I think everyone should play it and really give this game a chance!!
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is so glitchy; grabbing money bags through walls, a lot of grinding and super repetitive. This game would benefit from highlighting threats such as security cameras as Left4dead series has.
  10. Aug 18, 2013
    Crazy cool game!! Game sounds crazy good and the rattle of a rifle when the robbery goes to hell makes me feel like I was in the final scene in the movie Heat. Buy it and discover just how fantastic a video game can be.
  11. Aug 18, 2013
    Best game for sure! Have basically been non-stop since it came out with a couple of buddies. It is absolutely amazing, the best part is that you actually see the difference between all of the equipment you use and the sound is scary good!
  12. Dec 17, 2013
    I originally gave this game an 8. For now, I'm dropping it to a one.

Payday 2 is an excellent game, but I encourage you: do not buy it. Overkill has not shown the same support for consoles as they have for PC. In the time that PC has received twenty (20) updates, Xbox 360 players are currently waiting for their first. The current rumor is that Microsoft will not allow such a large
    I originally gave this game an 8. For now, I'm dropping it to a one.

The current rumor is that Microsoft will not allow such a large patch through; however, it's astounding as to how much time has passed between release and Overkill finally getting to the patch at all.

I encourage no one further to buy this game, as this disparity is unfair and should be addressed.

Note: I would be saying this in any instance, even if PC and consoles were to be in opposite positions. We are all paying customers, we deserve equal support. If Overkill/505 cannot provide that support for a system, then they should not release it for that system.
  13. Aug 16, 2013
    This game is brilliant: $40 for a great FPS co-op RPG, but that's the thing its a co-op game if you dont have xbox live this game is not even worth buying because the AI is so bad your teammates in a call of duty campaign do more
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    Made for multiplayer!! This game would be a straight 9-10 easy if people weren't reviewing its non online element. The most fun to come out on xbox since gta. Love the concept, love the options, love the pace and tension. MUST PLAY WITH FRIENDS!! Don't even bother playing offline or with randoms who don't have their mics on. AMAZEBALLS!!
  15. Aug 23, 2013
    All it's many problems aside, Payday 2 is a blast. Sometimes the grind gets old, but when it's good, its incredible. I'm completely hooked and can't wait to get home to play.
  16. Aug 17, 2013
    Shooty shooty, killy killy, money money. Great game but single player is lacking so play with a friend or two other than that buy this game as it's a steal at $39.99
  17. Aug 19, 2013
    This game is pure fun especially with some friends with dlc planned this is definitely going to be me a my friends game for a long time amazing especially for an indie dev
  18. Aug 22, 2013
    payday 2 is a overall great game sure there are some glitches and flaws but doesn't every game have one or more flaws anyway the game is supposed to be played with friends not by yourself the AI are not the greatest and the graphics are outdated but where lacks in those it strives in the soundtrack and game play to the stealh factors overall and is a great game
  19. Aug 28, 2013
    Being a veteran gamer, going back to the beginning of computer/console gaming, i did not find this game as "great" as some did. While i agree, a 4-multiplayer shooter can be really fun (with the right people), not being able to selectively pick your own group was the first downer of this game. I also found the fact that you can unload a clip into the face of an opponent and still not killBeing a veteran gamer, going back to the beginning of computer/console gaming, i did not find this game as "great" as some did. While i agree, a 4-multiplayer shooter can be really fun (with the right people), not being able to selectively pick your own group was the first downer of this game. I also found the fact that you can unload a clip into the face of an opponent and still not kill them (in some instances) to be very annoying. This game needed more time and polish to really deserve the reviews it got.

This game, when i played it, was a bug-fest.

I noticed some oddities like hearing about going for the van and the van not being there. There was a lot of clipping in this game that allowed AIs a certain advantage they shouldn't have. Let's face it, boys and girls, when you play a game involving robberies, the police aren't supposed to get more powerful and harder to kill. They can wear armor and have shields and be harder to kill and that's fine but to gradually become stronger AND have more of them appearing is a bit much. I mean, when AIs have adamantium "air" (over their faces) to resist bullets, that's going too far.

And then there's the video of the game vs what "really" came out, they left some really important things out of it that would have made it MUCH better.

Finally, there is the rating system on this game. I went into an online match (being 3rd level) with 27th level MORONS who went in firing wildly, ran out into the firefight, and i spent my entire match saving them because the game allows idiotic people to hold high levels just because they did a lot of jobs.

When is the ranking system going to match actual "skill"? Accuracy, amount of bullets fired before bringing an opponent down, least amount of times getting down/being killed....these things would make are more accurate ranking system.....at least then i would know what i was getting myself into.

I'm sorry, but i've seen TONS of first-person, co-op, and group-type shooters and this one has only one fresh idea, robbery. After a while....it gets old with no change of scenery.
  20. Aug 25, 2013
    I must admit, I was shocked at the very poor quality of graphics and some dodgy animations and lighting but once you get past that, it's actually a very fun yet tense game. Not sure if it's worth the €40 price tag though, but a solid game nonetheless.
  21. Aug 18, 2013
    This game is the Sh!t. the single player game may be worthless, but who cares, the multiplayer is so fun you will forget all about single player. i give it a 10.
  22. Sep 20, 2013
    Thoughts this game would be much better on console but i was wrong. Not that good of a game PERIOD. All the heist feel the same and many times i have to ask myself did i just play this same heist three times?? Game gets boring. You have to level up to purchase guns and the level in general sucks. Also the Team A.I are completely useless meaning you must play this game online to get someThoughts this game would be much better on console but i was wrong. Not that good of a game PERIOD. All the heist feel the same and many times i have to ask myself did i just play this same heist three times?? Game gets boring. You have to level up to purchase guns and the level in general sucks. Also the Team A.I are completely useless meaning you must play this game online to get some enjoyment out of the game. Dont buy new buy used so you still have time to return this horrible game... Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    The best way to play Payday 2 is with three other friends; in my experience the teammate AI isn't savvy enough to keep up on the job. The AI-controlled characters can handle a gun, but oftentimes wander out of a building into compromising situations.
  24. Aug 17, 2013
    Get this game if you like drills. Drills, drills and more drills. The objective of every game is to use a drill. Drill a vault, or drill a safe, wait for the ridiculously long drilling time, repair the drill when it inevitably breaks. Defend the drill from cops etc. Sometimes, a power switch will need to be turned off to continue using the drill, so to get to the power switch, you need toGet this game if you like drills. Drills, drills and more drills. The objective of every game is to use a drill. Drill a vault, or drill a safe, wait for the ridiculously long drilling time, repair the drill when it inevitably breaks. Defend the drill from cops etc. Sometimes, a power switch will need to be turned off to continue using the drill, so to get to the power switch, you need to drill a door. Finally... you get through into the vault, there's another barred gate you need to drill. Repeat for every level.

The guns suck, the controls suck, the ai sucks for both friendly bots, civilians and enemies. Bugs are everywhere. You need a minimum of four characters playing at all times. If it's not a player, it's a bot. Drop in drop out multiplayer is horrendous with lengthy load times occurring at any moment. Even right at the end when the mission is all but complete. This game is repetitive, boring and infuriating.
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is great fun with friends and the RPG elements are done well although I do not like having to spend cash to unlock them (In game cash not real world) there is a variety of missions available through crime net and almost all can be completed in a stealth fashion, the fire-fights are also incredibly intense and fun to play however this game is really bad single player although theThis game is great fun with friends and the RPG elements are done well although I do not like having to spend cash to unlock them (In game cash not real world) there is a variety of missions available through crime net and almost all can be completed in a stealth fashion, the fire-fights are also incredibly intense and fun to play however this game is really bad single player although the bots function well enough to fight effectively and revive you should you go down they do not have any interaction with the loot forcing you to lug 3 4 or even 9 bags over to the escape whilst under heavy fire which isn't fun in the slightest, I also found that you only get a small portion of your earnings each money to spend for instance I secured $100,000 of coke in the Watchdog's mission yet only got $25,000 spending cash which is bad considering I braved it alone at a low level with decent guns and no body armour, if you want to go stealth right from the start you'll be disappointed as you won't have as much experience in the ghost or mastermind skill tree's so stealth is a difficult option for newbies.
    All in all this is a great 4 player co-op package much like the Left 4 Dead series and if you have 3 friends I urge you all to give this game a shot
  26. Aug 27, 2013
    This is the best online co-op game I have ever played. You will NEED to think and communicate in order to succeed. The AI for the team members is bad, which is the only reason the game doesn't deserve a perfect score. Other than that, there is simply nothing else like this game out there. The depth of customization is really good and the card mini-game at the end of the mission is anThis is the best online co-op game I have ever played. You will NEED to think and communicate in order to succeed. The AI for the team members is bad, which is the only reason the game doesn't deserve a perfect score. Other than that, there is simply nothing else like this game out there. The depth of customization is really good and the card mini-game at the end of the mission is an awesome bonus. I would honestly recommend this game to any mature player. It is one of those great niche games that you will always come back to because of how unique and fun it is. It does so much that other games are afraid to do. I can't think of any better game to have on during a party or when friends are over. It kinda reminds me of when GTA 3 came out and everyone loved it for how brutal it was. This game has that shock factor, but it is really smart at the same time. 9.5/10 Expand
  27. Jan 19, 2014
    In Overkill's sequel to "Payday the Heist" you take the role as one of four gangsters and go on merciless crime sprees around the city. Multiplayer was key here, because who doesn't want to rob a bank or ransack an entire shopping mall with up to four friends. Customizing your mask was a great addition, and there are lots more opportunities to take a separate route into the building youIn Overkill's sequel to "Payday the Heist" you take the role as one of four gangsters and go on merciless crime sprees around the city. Multiplayer was key here, because who doesn't want to rob a bank or ransack an entire shopping mall with up to four friends. Customizing your mask was a great addition, and there are lots more opportunities to take a separate route into the building you are about to rob. Yet, sometimes the game can be frustrating, because the police officers come by the battalion, and you need to shoot it a few times before you can kill it. That is, though, if you can't shoot the cop in the head. The graphics are a tiny little bit dull, but who cares? All you'll really be seeing is blood and green of dollar bills in the air. FPS lovers, Buy this game!!! Expand
  28. Sep 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the greatest, most fun co-op games me and my friends have ever played. We already finished any heist in the previous Payday with a lot of fun, and this game seems only to extend on that first game, and make the things that weren't so good better. Also the loot bag implementation makes it really feel like you are this bad guy robbing a bank and quickly throwing the bags of money to your mates, who drop them in the escape van. Awesome game, thanks Overkill! Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2013
    A ton of fun! The 'you-must-work-as-a-team' aspect is kind of like Left 4 Dead meets Syndicate except you're robbing banks and jewelry stores........
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    Los robos, la aventura, la estrategia y hasta el disfraz son el fuerte de este juego,original de un buen estilo que buen juego agradecimientos a todos
  31. Sep 2, 2013
    WHY DO COPS OPEN FIRE ON CIVILLIANS!? I take hostages, defend the perimeter, set up my drill, and as soon as an alarm is tripped (I still dont know why, or how I could stop it), cops rush in 20 FRIGGIN SECONDS LATER and kill EVERYTHING. Even the civs I tied up! Its madness, Ill assume this is a bug that will be fixed later because I really want to like this game, but I dont understand whyWHY DO COPS OPEN FIRE ON CIVILLIANS!? I take hostages, defend the perimeter, set up my drill, and as soon as an alarm is tripped (I still dont know why, or how I could stop it), cops rush in 20 FRIGGIN SECONDS LATER and kill EVERYTHING. Even the civs I tied up! Its madness, Ill assume this is a bug that will be fixed later because I really want to like this game, but I dont understand why it works so poorly. Expand
  32. Jan 17, 2014
    Fun multiplier, with a rewarding system where the more money you get, the more money you have to spend on weapons and stuff. But the game is shattered by unplayable single-player. The AI will randomly stand around in police assaults, run into the jewelry shop, instantly alerting police, and throw themselves infront of enemy fire to help you up. But if you play online, fun is guaranteed toFun multiplier, with a rewarding system where the more money you get, the more money you have to spend on weapons and stuff. But the game is shattered by unplayable single-player. The AI will randomly stand around in police assaults, run into the jewelry shop, instantly alerting police, and throw themselves infront of enemy fire to help you up. But if you play online, fun is guaranteed to fans of challenging FPS games which require you to survive waves of enemies while completing a task, like L4D2. Expand
  33. Sep 3, 2013
    The fact the game was the biggest pain in the world to get ahold of on launch day (even if you preordered it) makes this game a failure for both the developers and publishers.

Still, it’s only mildly entertaining and extremely repetitive. Throw in the fact that the skill tree is extremely flawed and there is an exorbitant amount of profanity and I can safely say I don’t recommend it at all.

This would be an above-average downloadable title, but as a full-blown release, it fails to live up to its name.
  34. LTR
    Sep 15, 2013
    This is an amazing co op game!It has good guns,fun heists and a way better leveling system from the first game.The only problem with it is the connection.
  35. Sep 4, 2013
    Payday 2 is exactly like the previous game, so if you were fanatic about the previous one you'll absolutely love it. If you are only into singleplayer or off-line gameplay don't buy Payday 2, it is not what it is aimed at. Still, this is CoD and BF all over again, a game with the same game design repeated over and over. I would have liked to see something new in the actual gameplay,Payday 2 is exactly like the previous game, so if you were fanatic about the previous one you'll absolutely love it. If you are only into singleplayer or off-line gameplay don't buy Payday 2, it is not what it is aimed at. Still, this is CoD and BF all over again, a game with the same game design repeated over and over. I would have liked to see something new in the actual gameplay, anything really. If you haven't played Payday before, its a teamwork-based FPS. It is not an RPG like some people suggest. There is nothing RPG about it, nothing at all. Nor is this a combat sim, absolutely not. There is nothing realistic about this game. It is an arcade teamwork-based FPS. Great fun if you like working as a team with people on-line, as opposed to being a Rambo in CoD and BF. Expand
  36. Sep 15, 2013
    The general gameplay of Payday 2 feels like a big clunky mess. Guns feel bulky yet weak considering the enemies you face. The game allows strategy only until you inevitably alert the police, then the coordinated gameplay just falls into run and gun with the bags to the escape car. This game is only fun if you can play with 3 other people with mics, preferably trustworthy friends. OtherwiseThe general gameplay of Payday 2 feels like a big clunky mess. Guns feel bulky yet weak considering the enemies you face. The game allows strategy only until you inevitably alert the police, then the coordinated gameplay just falls into run and gun with the bags to the escape car. This game is only fun if you can play with 3 other people with mics, preferably trustworthy friends. Otherwise you are gonna have a bad time. Other games do co-op in a much smoother, polished fashion than this, like Left 4 Dead. I would choose that other this any day. Expand
  37. Aug 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is the best example of coop since left 4 dead 2 this game you can literally go into with 3 other friends and just play. in this game you play as one of four criminals than do multiple heists so they can get rich quick the game starts off with you doing small jewelry store heists to big heists where you steal a fusion reactor for the senator so people would have to keep driving petrol cars. in payday 2 you can customize your mask and guns with attachments and paint that you get by completing heists. the game isn't all good though there are some major texture errors or just poor quality visuals but these don't effect the amazing gameplay. All in All payday 2 is a great game that you can play for many hours with your friends and wont get boring any time soon. Expand
  38. Aug 31, 2013
    This game is fun and addicting!!!! This game was supposed to be an arcade release. They kept on adding more and more to the game to the point they made it a Title release. For a $40 release, this game smokes a lot of its counterparts that release and a typical $60. You can snag it for $34.99 in Games on Demand. The game is designed to play online. Offline is a bit weak, but if you buyThis game is fun and addicting!!!! This game was supposed to be an arcade release. They kept on adding more and more to the game to the point they made it a Title release. For a $40 release, this game smokes a lot of its counterparts that release and a typical $60. You can snag it for $34.99 in Games on Demand. The game is designed to play online. Offline is a bit weak, but if you buy it for the offline experience, why do you have a modern console. Games are generally designed for online play with the exception of a few. You wouldn't buy a sports car to keep it under 20mph!!! Get with the times and get this game!!! The overall recipe for success in the game is teamwork. Unfortunately from time to time you get stuck with renegade cowboys who like to run around outside of the work zones. For the most part everyone works together. Some guys don't play with mics, and often get the big boot as a result. Heists make you feel like your in the movie Heat. When police begin their assault the music gets jacked up and gets you all jacked up for a shootout!!! Some reviews are bashing because of the lack of highlighting of cameras, guards and other detection modules. Part of the whole scheme is casing the place and identifying these detections and disengaging them. Whether its taking out guards, answering their pagers to remaindetected, taking out image feeds, immobilizing bystanders, you have to be on your guard and aggressive without anyone or anything alerting authorities. They have alerts when you are being detected. They give you a few seconds to move out of the way of detection before they alert the authorities. I am not sure what these people are talking about. This game also provides replayability by altering the variables in each level every time. Pick up spots, cameras locations, number of guards and their locations, jewelry locations, safes, drugs, prepayed ammo and medpacks, job materials (planks, drills keycards etc.) are all different from mission to mission. You definitely get a big bang for your buck. The award system keeps you interested after each and every mission with quick unlocks. The skill system gives you different abilities, attributes, and equipment to work towards. Although Payday 2 can be a bit glitchy in spots, this glorified Arcade release has delivered big!!!! With a great schedule of DLC and bug fixes, this game will continue to deliver big over and over for a long time to come!!! Expand
  39. Sep 2, 2013
    A review from a virgin Payday player.
    A review from a virgin Payday player.
    This game is quite literally "ok", not great, not crap. First the good points: The varying placement of items and such around the level is a nice touch, the jobs that pop in and out of existence, the online with 4 other users is nice because of the speed the job can be achieved with as well a substantial rewards. However this game leaves a lot to be desired of it. Offline isn't even worth playing, the AI are beyond awful, apart from shooting they cannot pick up bags and help nor can the be sly once the heist is started. They won't do anything but stick to a 1 metre radius from you which means they will not hold an area unless you are at the centre which makes going back and forth to pick up each bag (because they won't do it) even harder than it needs to be. Then the reward is tiny in comparison to online. Not only that but the reward is split into an "overseas account" (which essentially you cannot touch ever as far as I can tell, I may be wrong) and a pocket money style account which is about 5% of the overall amount earned from the heists. This means it is utterly useless if you want to upgrade your weapons, it took me over 5 hrs of gameplay offline to collect enough for a silencer, which leads me to the next downfall, the add-ons are given to you at random, well I say given, unlocked and then sold at random, I'm yet to be able to customise masks and yet people who are just starting have fully customised ones because they were lucky enough to get a random mask upgrade which was the actual mask (which is very rare in my experience). However none of these are worth avoiding the game for, these are my reasons for avoiding it. Customisation of your "safehouse" is mentioned right at the beginning of the game, you would be able to use the money you have earned to customise. However this is not actually a feature and thus the money stored away is utterly pointless. I have $18million (that's not much if you play online) stashed away but I cannot use it for anything (including buying equipment). This is because this feature was given as a pre-order bonus... it baffles me to think, that was the reward for buying a game. Developers are getting lazier and greedier. Finally the thing that rubbed me up the wrong way and makes the rating so low is that this game would be a 10 (if patches for small details are to arrive) in my book, this game is perfect as a multiplayer game to play with your friends, get the lads round for beers and a gaming session... put the disc in "oh this looks cool" "so there are 4 characters, do we get to choose which ones we want?" OH WAIT! NO SPLITSCREEN!!! This game would be the game of the year for me if it had splitscreen, I'd even forgive just 2 player splitscreen but a 1 player game with 4 main characters is beyond stupid. Online fails to give the same rush of you and your mates shouting at each other in the same room, "You need to blow that safe" "I'm down" "Grab that jewelry!" (This doesn't work if you need to explain over the headset where it is). I know this is done to sell more but I can tell you in my friends group out of 4 (not including me) wanting to get the game, only 1 decided to buy it, do you want to know why? because they wanted a game that meant they could invite their mates round and play, like fifa, COD, Minecraft and many others. Playing over the internet is just not as fun not to mention if you're internet is a little temperamental it becomes a burden. This game is more of a DLC for a full game. it basically is a few set missions that needs you to play online to remotely enjoy it and doesn't allow you to play with mates. This game makes my head hurt, it's the perfect 4-way splitscreen game for you and friends except that it's not possible to do what this game was designed for. So it if you don't mind not being with your friends then yeah it's an average wave of police that you shoot!
    I wanted this game to be amazing but it just falls far too short of a completed game. Hopefully splitscreen will start to reappear in games.
    Why are TVs getting bigger yet 10 yrs ago you could get 4 players on one tine 15" and now you can only get 1 on a 50"? What is wrong with you developers, you'd sell more making it fun than forcing people into it... Please understand this game feels rushed but the mechanics are interesting but not complete. It just has so many let downs in my opinion. The idea of the game is lovely but the outcome is "Meh" as soon as GTA comes out this will die away because it lacks the finished feel of a great game.

Conclusion:
    Single player: utterly useless (google it, that's everyone's opinion)
    Online: ok, fun but no more than any other online co-op, you'd rather be with mates.
    with friends: would much rather be out having a pint if we can't be in the same place while enjoying ourselves.
    Customisation: looks good, I have all sorts of add-ons which needs parts that are part of a lucky dip and I'm yet to get hold of hence no idea.
  40. Sep 13, 2013
    A pretty good game, but I have a few complaints. First, I was looking forward to playing split-screen with my friends. Second, non-Xbox LIVE users don't have an upper hand here. I can only complete some one star missions on local. Either bots need to carry bags or there needs to be a way to adjust the difficulty.
  41. May 9, 2014
    this isn't a bad game, but is very hard to play
    ......................................................................................................
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is very fun to play with friends, that is it. The AI is buggy and broken, and there aren't many heists to do, but having friends along takes the bumpy things, and turns them into hilarious adventures!
  43. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is only for those with internet, otherwise don't bother picking this up. The team AI is complete garbage but otherwise this game is a fantastic coop experience. I've put in a solid 20+ hours into this and it never gets old.
  44. Oct 4, 2013
    As a cooperative first person shooter game, Payday 2 delivers a unique game play experience that I enjoyed through each mission as I team up with random players, assess the mission objective, prepare the appropriate gear, and then set off with my team to fulfill the objective. Payday 2 mission objective locations seem to vary or change to keep the overall missions to be unique. SecondaryAs a cooperative first person shooter game, Payday 2 delivers a unique game play experience that I enjoyed through each mission as I team up with random players, assess the mission objective, prepare the appropriate gear, and then set off with my team to fulfill the objective. Payday 2 mission objective locations seem to vary or change to keep the overall missions to be unique. Secondary mission objectives are also random meaning that an extra safe or cash may be placed somewhere on the map. The combat experience reminds me of the Time Cops series where you face an endless barrage and hit markers exist; however, they don't always seem accurate. But as with Time Cops I have learned how to use the Payday 2 combat system to be effective against the enemy. A feature that I continue to wish for is a multiplayer mode where players can be cops defending mission objectives similar to the Left For Dead series. I recommend this game for those that need a different experience from the typical Call of Duty or Battlefield experience. Expand
  45. Oct 13, 2013
    Disappointing for returning fans. Overkill is WAY to easy with a competent crew, regardless of the wonky COD fans complaining "It's too hard!" Where's the Spooks/Cloakers? Lack of challenging Specials is just lame. Skill tree is bland. Everyone goes MM/Ghost or Enforcer/Tech. No grenade launchers/ LMGs. Small heist maps, but the day system compensates for that. Really anyone giving this aDisappointing for returning fans. Overkill is WAY to easy with a competent crew, regardless of the wonky COD fans complaining "It's too hard!" Where's the Spooks/Cloakers? Lack of challenging Specials is just lame. Skill tree is bland. Everyone goes MM/Ghost or Enforcer/Tech. No grenade launchers/ LMGs. Small heist maps, but the day system compensates for that. Really anyone giving this a positive review hasn't put in a hundred hours of gameplay. Trust me, it gets dull after awhile. Expand
  46. Oct 15, 2013
    From the beta period up until a few week after its release I would have been more than happy to give this game an 8 or 9 as a score, but a certain patch that was released broke the reward system, making it impossible to make enough money and xp to buy skills, weapons, parts, etc. Up until that point, the game was VERY solid, its replay value was very high as you tried to make it throughFrom the beta period up until a few week after its release I would have been more than happy to give this game an 8 or 9 as a score, but a certain patch that was released broke the reward system, making it impossible to make enough money and xp to buy skills, weapons, parts, etc. Up until that point, the game was VERY solid, its replay value was very high as you tried to make it through missions either as silently as possible or as quickly as possible, seeing how well you can do. But now the missions don't feel rewarding enough and quickly feel like you're playing a mission simply to grind money and/or exp instead of playing a mission to play the mission.

Inside the missions though the gameplay is great, it's easy to go down so you really have to take advantage of teamwork and be careful. Not the most tactical game, but definitely requires you to think before you do anything and trying to go solo will only get you killed.
  47. Oct 23, 2013
    Payday 2 is an amazing game it's very addicting but the A.I is broken.i tried playing with the A.I but the simplest missions will be the hardest ones if you're planning to be a lone wolf.if you want to play this game online is the way to go but i recommend you buy this game because it's very addictive and it's not as expensive as other games
  48. Nov 9, 2013
    I love this game, or I did until the updates made the game less and less fun with each new update. The rewards for completing heists became less and less rewarding.
  49. Nov 13, 2013
    At first glance it will seem like Payday 2 has some rough edges, and that is true but there are some good positives to this game. To start off it is meant to be played in co-op, and i will admit the single player may seem like it is broken, but it isn't even though the AI teammates can't pick up money bags, or other items, but they do provide good covering fire, and will revive you whenAt first glance it will seem like Payday 2 has some rough edges, and that is true but there are some good positives to this game. To start off it is meant to be played in co-op, and i will admit the single player may seem like it is broken, but it isn't even though the AI teammates can't pick up money bags, or other items, but they do provide good covering fire, and will revive you when needed. So with the single player i see it as a challenge, and not as "Impossible" as i have hear other critics saying. The mission variety is really good, i enjoyed every one of them. Some of my personal favorites were "Rats", The Bank Heist with gold, "Fire starter", and "Watchdogs". Each job had a unique flavor to it, and whether your trying to rob a bank stealthily or guns blazing, or just one of the straight up action based missions, the tension is always high, and that's what i loved most about this game was the high tension during trying to pull of a heist. Also because this is not a mainstream game, and the company is not well known or does not have as as big as a budget as most other companies do, i thought the graphics, and detail especially to building interiors were great. I have experienced a couple of glitches nothing game breaking though, frame rate was solid. Now even though this game really does not have much of a story which is what i normally like in games, it did not bother me that much because of how fun the game play was. Another thing i will say about this game is that when done with other players through Xbox live or PSN or internet which ever version you have, the game looks absolutely amazing when you and your teammates pull of a heist, or narrowly escaping the cops after a mission takes an unexpected turn. The last couple of things i will mention are every heist will not play out the same, each time you play the same mission there might be some major difference, or just small ones like the police response time, or where cameras are located, or where the money is, or where cops come in, all these things make the game feel dynamic. Last thing i will mention are the mask customization which is awesome, so many choices, to make the mask look like the way you want it, and the weapon customization is also good each attachment makes the weapon look unique, and i love how upgrades to mask, and guns are unlocked randomly, and it makes getting them all the more rewarding, and the skill tree for each of the four classes is really extensive, and in co-op it is imperative you have a well balanced team. Expand
  50. Dec 11, 2013
    Its a good game! I play it with a lot of friends although it has a hardware fee but it's okay! The first part of the game was good to i loved the diamond heist in the skyscraper. There is diamond heist here too but it's a little worse.
  51. Jan 12, 2014
    Payday 2 is a good game with a particularly fun concept. It centers around the player robbing banks with the aid of two extra bots or up to 3 friends or random strangers you meet on the internet. While weapon choices and missions are rather limited, the game is addicting nonetheless. There's something about accumulating a large amount of money that gives you a good feeling inside, it'sPayday 2 is a good game with a particularly fun concept. It centers around the player robbing banks with the aid of two extra bots or up to 3 friends or random strangers you meet on the internet. While weapon choices and missions are rather limited, the game is addicting nonetheless. There's something about accumulating a large amount of money that gives you a good feeling inside, it's probably to call back to the days when games were about getting the highest score out of anyone else. The offshore account, is basically that score! Aside from score accumulation, the gameplay is extremely fun. Missions that require stealth were a genius thing to add, as it gives you a bigger reward in the end, like in Framing Frame, where you can get up to 8 bags of gold in the end and over $1,000,000 in bagged loot. However, every game has their flaws. The cooperative AI is less than stellar and can be downright stupid at some moments, such as when you are downed and Hoxton is staring into space or just leaning against a wall. Not to mention that during single player, the AI has the inability to pick up loot bags, which makes some missions longer offline than they would be online. Also, the enviornments can get somewhat repetitive, I feel like that I knocked out the same guard in Framing Frame a hundred times, you'd think that the museum would get tighter security by then. Also, the textures, models, and basic art assets look pretty bad for a console that can handle games that look as good as Halo 4 but Payday had images that had about the same art quality as GTA San Andreas. I hear they updated the PS3 version of the game to improve the graphical quality and improve bugs, but said update has yet to appear on the Xbox 360, I have had the game for at least half a year now, I'm almost, probably past, I don't know, Level 50 and it still has no updates. Sometimes the enemies can easily overwhelm you with just a single unit, I'm looking at you Bulldozer, I'm mowing down the FBI and I get shot down by one guy in Juggernaut Armor, I understand the Bulldozer is aptly named, but when you're by yourself and there is artificial stupidity running around, don't expect to last long. Other than that, the game is highly enjoyable and best played with a group of friends, the gameplay is fun and can sometimes be pressuring when you are trying to go stealthily through an entire mission. Overall, 8/10. Expand
  52. Jun 15, 2014
    This is the best heist and first person shooter game ever made. Lot's of achiements to unlock and good graphics that take the game to the next level. It also has 4 playable characters, althought 3 of them are citizens of USA and one is from Sweden, there could have been more characters from different countries, like Finland, or Russia.
  53. Sep 30, 2014
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME, IF YOU LIKE ROBBING BANKS, COOKING METH, AND STEALING PAINTINGS THEN THIS GAME IS FOR YOU. But there are problems with the game.
    Bad spawns points when you join in-game games
    Very few heists No DLC (pc gamers get this because steam does not charge money overkill to upload free DLC) AI teammates are stupider than dumb and dumber But other than that the game is fun
    Bad spawns points when you join in-game games
    Very few heists
    AI teammates are stupider than dumb and dumber
    But other than that the game is fun to play with friends
  54. Oct 22, 2014
    Sloppy,bad,horrible,disgusting. What kind of crap did you make. This game is not fun but if played online and try to ignore the bugs it may be ummmm "fun"

1. Oct 18, 2013
    PayDay 2 sports an interesting concept but it isn't flawless: bad graphics and a very inappropriate AI keep it from showing its true potential. You should consider it only if you've got three friends to play with.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    PAYDAY 2 is a game with a lot of potential and good ideas, but the final version of the game has a few defects. Sometimes the AI will be doing things which are quite strange. Luckily, PAYDAY 2 is saved by its mods, unlocks and co-op mode.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    As a single player game it's just a mediocre shooter, but bring on some friends and you'll have hours upon hours of mindless fun.