Payday 2 Xbox 360

6.3

1. Aug 16, 2013
    This game is brilliant: $40 for a great FPS co-op RPG, but that's the thing its a co-op game if you dont have xbox live this game is not even worth buying because the AI is so bad your teammates in a call of duty campaign do more
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    Being a veteran gamer, going back to the beginning of computer/console gaming, i did not find this game as "great" as some did. While i agree, a 4-multiplayer shooter can be really fun (with the right people), not being able to selectively pick your own group was the first downer of this game. I also found the fact that you can unload a clip into the face of an opponent and still not killBeing a veteran gamer, going back to the beginning of computer/console gaming, i did not find this game as "great" as some did. While i agree, a 4-multiplayer shooter can be really fun (with the right people), not being able to selectively pick your own group was the first downer of this game. I also found the fact that you can unload a clip into the face of an opponent and still not kill them (in some instances) to be very annoying. This game needed more time and polish to really deserve the reviews it got.

This game, when i played it, was a bug-fest.

I noticed some oddities like hearing about going for the van and the van not being there. There was a lot of clipping in this game that allowed AIs a certain advantage they shouldn't have. Let's face it, boys and girls, when you play a game involving robberies, the police aren't supposed to get more powerful and harder to kill. They can wear armor and have shields and be harder to kill and that's fine but to gradually become stronger AND have more of them appearing is a bit much. I mean, when AIs have adamantium "air" (over their faces) to resist bullets, that's going too far.

And then there's the video of the game vs what "really" came out, they left some really important things out of it that would have made it MUCH better.

Finally, there is the rating system on this game. I went into an online match (being 3rd level) with 27th level MORONS who went in firing wildly, ran out into the firefight, and i spent my entire match saving them because the game allows idiotic people to hold high levels just because they did a lot of jobs.

When is the ranking system going to match actual "skill"? Accuracy, amount of bullets fired before bringing an opponent down, least amount of times getting down/being killed....these things would make are more accurate ranking system.....at least then i would know what i was getting myself into.

I'm sorry, but i've seen TONS of first-person, co-op, and group-type shooters and this one has only one fresh idea, robbery. After a while....it gets old with no change of scenery.
  3. Sep 15, 2013
    The general gameplay of Payday 2 feels like a big clunky mess. Guns feel bulky yet weak considering the enemies you face. The game allows strategy only until you inevitably alert the police, then the coordinated gameplay just falls into run and gun with the bags to the escape car. This game is only fun if you can play with 3 other people with mics, preferably trustworthy friends. OtherwiseThe general gameplay of Payday 2 feels like a big clunky mess. Guns feel bulky yet weak considering the enemies you face. The game allows strategy only until you inevitably alert the police, then the coordinated gameplay just falls into run and gun with the bags to the escape car. This game is only fun if you can play with 3 other people with mics, preferably trustworthy friends. Otherwise you are gonna have a bad time. Other games do co-op in a much smoother, polished fashion than this, like Left 4 Dead. I would choose that other this any day. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    I love this game, or I did until the updates made the game less and less fun with each new update. The rewards for completing heists became less and less rewarding.
  5. Sep 2, 2013
    WHY DO COPS OPEN FIRE ON CIVILLIANS!? I take hostages, defend the perimeter, set up my drill, and as soon as an alarm is tripped (I still dont know why, or how I could stop it), cops rush in 20 FRIGGIN SECONDS LATER and kill EVERYTHING. Even the civs I tied up! Its madness, Ill assume this is a bug that will be fixed later because I really want to like this game, but I dont understand whyWHY DO COPS OPEN FIRE ON CIVILLIANS!? I take hostages, defend the perimeter, set up my drill, and as soon as an alarm is tripped (I still dont know why, or how I could stop it), cops rush in 20 FRIGGIN SECONDS LATER and kill EVERYTHING. Even the civs I tied up! Its madness, Ill assume this is a bug that will be fixed later because I really want to like this game, but I dont understand why it works so poorly. Expand
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    Fun multiplier, with a rewarding system where the more money you get, the more money you have to spend on weapons and stuff. But the game is shattered by unplayable single-player. The AI will randomly stand around in police assaults, run into the jewelry shop, instantly alerting police, and throw themselves infront of enemy fire to help you up. But if you play online, fun is guaranteed toFun multiplier, with a rewarding system where the more money you get, the more money you have to spend on weapons and stuff. But the game is shattered by unplayable single-player. The AI will randomly stand around in police assaults, run into the jewelry shop, instantly alerting police, and throw themselves infront of enemy fire to help you up. But if you play online, fun is guaranteed to fans of challenging FPS games which require you to survive waves of enemies while completing a task, like L4D2. Expand
  7. Jun 10, 2015
    A great multiplayer experience but a terrible single-player one, insist on playing this the way it was meant to be played with a couple of friends and you are likely to have an absolute blast but play it solo and you will soon become frustrated with your A.I. buddies that don't know how to do anything but shoot.
  8. Sep 4, 2013
    Payday 2 is exactly like the previous game, so if you were fanatic about the previous one you'll absolutely love it. If you are only into singleplayer or off-line gameplay don't buy Payday 2, it is not what it is aimed at. Still, this is CoD and BF all over again, a game with the same game design repeated over and over. I would have liked to see something new in the actual gameplay,Payday 2 is exactly like the previous game, so if you were fanatic about the previous one you'll absolutely love it. If you are only into singleplayer or off-line gameplay don't buy Payday 2, it is not what it is aimed at. Still, this is CoD and BF all over again, a game with the same game design repeated over and over. I would have liked to see something new in the actual gameplay, anything really. If you haven't played Payday before, its a teamwork-based FPS. It is not an RPG like some people suggest. There is nothing RPG about it, nothing at all. Nor is this a combat sim, absolutely not. There is nothing realistic about this game. It is an arcade teamwork-based FPS. Great fun if you like working as a team with people on-line, as opposed to being a Rambo in CoD and BF. Expand
  9. Sep 2, 2013
    A review from a virgin Payday player.
    A review from a virgin Payday player.
    This game is quite literally "ok", not great, not crap. First the good points: The varying placement of items and such around the level is a nice touch, the jobs that pop in and out of existence, the online with 4 other users is nice because of the speed the job can be achieved with as well a substantial rewards. However this game leaves a lot to be desired of it. Offline isn't even worth playing, the AI are beyond awful, apart from shooting they cannot pick up bags and help nor can the be sly once the heist is started. They won't do anything but stick to a 1 metre radius from you which means they will not hold an area unless you are at the centre which makes going back and forth to pick up each bag (because they won't do it) even harder than it needs to be. Then the reward is tiny in comparison to online. Not only that but the reward is split into an "overseas account" (which essentially you cannot touch ever as far as I can tell, I may be wrong) and a pocket money style account which is about 5% of the overall amount earned from the heists. This means it is utterly useless if you want to upgrade your weapons, it took me over 5 hrs of gameplay offline to collect enough for a silencer, which leads me to the next downfall, the add-ons are given to you at random, well I say given, unlocked and then sold at random, I'm yet to be able to customise masks and yet people who are just starting have fully customised ones because they were lucky enough to get a random mask upgrade which was the actual mask (which is very rare in my experience). However none of these are worth avoiding the game for, these are my reasons for avoiding it. Customisation of your "safehouse" is mentioned right at the beginning of the game, you would be able to use the money you have earned to customise. However this is not actually a feature and thus the money stored away is utterly pointless. I have $18million (that's not much if you play online) stashed away but I cannot use it for anything (including buying equipment). This is because this feature was given as a pre-order bonus... it baffles me to think, that was the reward for buying a game. Developers are getting lazier and greedier. Finally the thing that rubbed me up the wrong way and makes the rating so low is that this game would be a 10 (if patches for small details are to arrive) in my book, this game is perfect as a multiplayer game to play with your friends, get the lads round for beers and a gaming session... put the disc in "oh this looks cool" "so there are 4 characters, do we get to choose which ones we want?" OH WAIT! NO SPLITSCREEN!!! This game would be the game of the year for me if it had splitscreen, I'd even forgive just 2 player splitscreen but a 1 player game with 4 main characters is beyond stupid. Online fails to give the same rush of you and your mates shouting at each other in the same room, "You need to blow that safe" "I'm down" "Grab that jewelry!" (This doesn't work if you need to explain over the headset where it is). I know this is done to sell more but I can tell you in my friends group out of 4 (not including me) wanting to get the game, only 1 decided to buy it, do you want to know why? because they wanted a game that meant they could invite their mates round and play, like fifa, COD, Minecraft and many others. Playing over the internet is just not as fun not to mention if you're internet is a little temperamental it becomes a burden. This game is more of a DLC for a full game. it basically is a few set missions that needs you to play online to remotely enjoy it and doesn't allow you to play with mates. This game makes my head hurt, it's the perfect 4-way splitscreen game for you and friends except that it's not possible to do what this game was designed for. So it if you don't mind not being with your friends then yeah it's an average wave of police that you shoot!
    I wanted this game to be amazing but it just falls far too short of a completed game. Hopefully splitscreen will start to reappear in games.
    Why are TVs getting bigger yet 10 yrs ago you could get 4 players on one tine 15" and now you can only get 1 on a 50"? What is wrong with you developers, you'd sell more making it fun than forcing people into it... Please understand this game feels rushed but the mechanics are interesting but not complete. It just has so many let downs in my opinion. The idea of the game is lovely but the outcome is "Meh" as soon as GTA comes out this will die away because it lacks the finished feel of a great game.

Conclusion:
    Single player: utterly useless (google it, that's everyone's opinion)
    Online: ok, fun but no more than any other online co-op, you'd rather be with mates.
    with friends: would much rather be out having a pint if we can't be in the same place while enjoying ourselves.
    Customisation: looks good, I have all sorts of add-ons which needs parts that are part of a lucky dip and I'm yet to get hold of hence no idea.
  10. Sep 13, 2013
    A pretty good game, but I have a few complaints. First, I was looking forward to playing split-screen with my friends. Second, non-Xbox LIVE users don't have an upper hand here. I can only complete some one star missions on local. Either bots need to carry bags or there needs to be a way to adjust the difficulty.
  11. May 9, 2014
    this isn't a bad game, but is very hard to play
    ......................................................................................................
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is very fun to play with friends, that is it. The AI is buggy and broken, and there aren't many heists to do, but having friends along takes the bumpy things, and turns them into hilarious adventures!
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    From the beta period up until a few week after its release I would have been more than happy to give this game an 8 or 9 as a score, but a certain patch that was released broke the reward system, making it impossible to make enough money and xp to buy skills, weapons, parts, etc. Up until that point, the game was VERY solid, its replay value was very high as you tried to make it throughFrom the beta period up until a few week after its release I would have been more than happy to give this game an 8 or 9 as a score, but a certain patch that was released broke the reward system, making it impossible to make enough money and xp to buy skills, weapons, parts, etc. Up until that point, the game was VERY solid, its replay value was very high as you tried to make it through missions either as silently as possible or as quickly as possible, seeing how well you can do. But now the missions don't feel rewarding enough and quickly feel like you're playing a mission simply to grind money and/or exp instead of playing a mission to play the mission.

Inside the missions though the gameplay is great, it's easy to go down so you really have to take advantage of teamwork and be careful. Not the most tactical game, but definitely requires you to think before you do anything and trying to go solo will only get you killed.
  14. Jan 17, 2015
    Payday 2 is a fun cooperative game with friends. When not playing with friends, online allies are tough to communicate with, and the A.I. is just terrible. With friends, however, a frantic and exciting experience is available.

1. Oct 18, 2013
    PayDay 2 sports an interesting concept but it isn't flawless: bad graphics and a very inappropriate AI keep it from showing its true potential. You should consider it only if you've got three friends to play with.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    PAYDAY 2 is a game with a lot of potential and good ideas, but the final version of the game has a few defects. Sometimes the AI will be doing things which are quite strange. Luckily, PAYDAY 2 is saved by its mods, unlocks and co-op mode.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    As a single player game it's just a mediocre shooter, but bring on some friends and you'll have hours upon hours of mindless fun.