7.3

1. Jun 18, 2013
    One positive, it was colossal in terms of the realistic environment, equivalent to a jungle. The control mechanics were too vague in use, too simple, too annoyingly strange especially when I can come up with better games of 2006 that had a better AI function (Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions which also I don't really like much). But yeah, enemies are quite chaotic and often you get glitches and cheap deaths. Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2012
    This game is actually just bad. Played it in '08 and did not understand how it got an 80 metacritic, even for it's time. I bought it to get easy 1000/1000 but I simply couldn't. It was such a terrible experience I haven't put it in my 360 since.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    Ok if your picking this up in 2012 or beyond its probably only for Gamerscore. If not your crazy or a super hardcore King Kong fan. In fact I wouldn't even recommend it to the latter. Theirs nothing really to explain, other than the game hasn't aged well. I'm not just talking about graphics, the gameplay is just clunky and will frustrate the hell out of you as you plow the campaign for the easy 1000GS. The reason i give it a four, is because I don't want it to effect the user average score too much, as the game looked like it would be quite good fun 7 years ago. Personally I think it would suit a 2/10 as I found the King Kong sequences a little enjoyable. Emphasis on little. Expand

1. Playing through Kong is one of the freshest gaming experiences we've had all year. [Holiday 2005, p.34]
    It's a great example of a movie tie-in that is easy to play, it's a successful combination of a first-person adventure and a third-person beat-'em-up, and at times it even feels like a dungeon crawler. But at its core, it's an extremely good (and extremely simple) survival horror game.
  3. It won't take you long to blow through King Kong, but its sometimes thrilling, often tense, and always entertaining adventure is absolutely worth checking out.