7.2

1. Jun 26, 2014
    PvZ: GW is a great little game, if somewhat tedious. It has a tonne of potential, but the micro transaction model seems very much primed and ready to exploit. EA have once again turned a fun franchise into a cash cow.

The visuals are great for the most part, but the confusing and sometimes senseless UI pop ups don't help. The games got a possible future, as it's near identical to

The games got a possible future, as it's near identical to Mass Effect 3's online mode, it just needs some polishing, and balancing.
  2. Mar 7, 2014
    It's fun, what with all the bright colours and quirky combat, though it lacks a certain depth when it comes to game modes. There could be some more unique ones, and while Garden Ops is enjoyable, I prefer survival where it involves keeping myself alive, rather than defending the life of something like a garden or base. It would add a little more excitement for me. Maybe some singleIt's fun, what with all the bright colours and quirky combat, though it lacks a certain depth when it comes to game modes. There could be some more unique ones, and while Garden Ops is enjoyable, I prefer survival where it involves keeping myself alive, rather than defending the life of something like a garden or base. It would add a little more excitement for me. Maybe some single elimination modes could have been added, and come on, Xbox 360 doesn't have split screen co-op, let alone, none of them have custom private matches, for messing around with friends. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2014
    This is a extremely lighthearted and original take on the generic online shooters of today. It's very user friendly and almost anyone could pick up and play this game. With the way this game looks with it's amazing graphics and funny/silly customizable characters anyone will want to play this game to. The Multiplayer supports tons to different game mods as well, from Team Deathmatch,This is a extremely lighthearted and original take on the generic online shooters of today. It's very user friendly and almost anyone could pick up and play this game. With the way this game looks with it's amazing graphics and funny/silly customizable characters anyone will want to play this game to. The Multiplayer supports tons to different game mods as well, from Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and lots of others. It also has a wave based co-op mode to play with friends and even split-screen.The Plants and Zombies both have extremely diverse and even classes to play, each class having special abilities and it's own roll to play in battle, Some are able to heal or pick up team mates quicker or others have extra health.
    Garden Warfare is a game I definitely would recommend for any child or adult, really anyone looking to have fun with a online shooter.
    It's easy pick up and play game-style makes it enjoyable for anyone.
  4. Sep 26, 2014
    Basically a Call of Duty primer for 7 year olds. Graphics, audio, presentation is all top notch. However it's online only. I don't understand why they didn't add in a mode where you can play against bots, or local split-screen co-op. Lots of unlockables to strive for but the life of this game will depend on how busy the servers are. If you can't find anyone to play against you can't play the game.
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    I love this game, but I hate to complain, and I understand its rated E for everyone. But the servers are having issues with registering hits/damage, so I feel that takes the fun out of it when you can't kill the opposing team ( or certain team members). And on top of that, when most of the servers are filled with children 10 and under, and they are constantly making noises or not playingI love this game, but I hate to complain, and I understand its rated E for everyone. But the servers are having issues with registering hits/damage, so I feel that takes the fun out of it when you can't kill the opposing team ( or certain team members). And on top of that, when most of the servers are filled with children 10 and under, and they are constantly making noises or not playing the correct way, or just not even playing at all just running around. Again I am sorry to complain like that, but those issues alone make the game a high six. I would have rated it much higher just not as fun when you have to constantly mute children or jump out of servers because they aren't playing correctly. Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    Garden Warfare is a humorous FPS with funny characters and odd weapons. There's not much TD-stuff left, though. [Apr 2014]
    Targets the casual crowd and targets it rather well - but don't expect anything beyond that. [Issue #240]
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    Popcap’s first attempt to transform Plants vs Zombies franchise into a shooter is quite mediocre, as it lacks many basic and fundamental aspects someone would seek in a multiplayer only shooter.