7.1

1. Feb 25, 2014
    First off all, i cannot belive this game only got 6.7 user score, as i am writing this review. I downloaded the full game, and well.. I played it for 8 hours straight, and thats rarely the case with me. Excellent amount of details in both the plants and zombies, great maps, fantastic graphics, and most importantly- Wow at the amount of stuff you unlock in the game! Its just crazy. Every plant and zombie you use have each own level plus a main progession level. To level a plant or zombie, you have to do specific challeges for that plant or zombie. There are also alot of accesories to unlock for the plants and zombies, like new glasses, weapons, new hats, and alot more. All in all, just get this game already- its Amazing, it really deserves a 10 of 10! Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    First of all, I'm only reviewing the Xbox 360 version because I don't have a One yet. From what I've seen, this game looks really good for a 360 game. Everything from the lighting to the character models themselves definitely look good. There are some muddy textures here and there, particularly the pavement textures. And the Anisotropic Filtering is at a bear minimum which means far textures look blurry and pixel like. Presumably It's hovering around the Bilinear mark. So far I've played this game for a good 10 hours and while I have had fun and been blown away from the amount of unlockables there are, there just isn't a lot here. The shooting mechanics, while good, don't really give the game a unique feeling. There isn't many modes here except for the main 3 as well. Overall, it is a very fun game and you will find yourself having a lot of fun with this, and at $30 (Xbox 360 version is $10 cheeper by the way with no noticeable differences other than graphics) this game is good for the value. A solid 8/10. Expand
  3. Feb 27, 2014
    It's colorful. it's silly, and it's fun. There are a few different multiplayer modes. There is class-based combat, (think battlefield). There's a healer, an engineer, a soldier, and a close range. The controls are buttery smooth, the map variation is nice, and the community seems good enough.

There's also a horde-esque mode. Think gears of war horde mixed with PvZ tower defense.
    This is the only split screen mode, but we got a kick out of it.

Don't go into this game expecting a game of the year, but if you're itching to play something on your next gen console, PvZ:GW is a very pleasant surprise, and a genuinely good time.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    Brilliant game!! I think most of the flack it is catching stems from some people comparing it too much to the previous titles in the series. Apples and oranges. The most fun I've had on my 360 in quite some time!!!
  5. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a great game and has endless potential for addons and mods. It is a little bit similar to team fortress in SOME aspects but overall it is its own unique game and it implements alot of new concepts like player summoned AI during multiplayer matches and some very unique abilities and maps.
  6. Mar 1, 2014
    Incredibly fun to play, just a fantastic game! I loved the characters and general atmosphere. Game looks great and stays true to the original P vs Z fun silly approach.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is very fun and addictive, but it needs more game modes (Three, just doesn't seem enough.); Plus it's also a shame, that it's on-line only, it would've been nice to have an offline mode.
  8. Mar 1, 2014
    Okay, the biggest company in the world made another shooter. Big deal. Is it fun? Not moreso than most of the other games in its genre. Is it pretty? No, not really. Is it worth remembering two years from now? Absolutely not.

Look, it's a cash cow. If you're the sort of person who buys Angry Birds merchandise and cups with silly character faces on it, go for it. If you're
    looking for anything even slightly inspirational whatsoever beyond Yet Another Cookie Cutter Game, look somewhere else. Expand
  9. Mar 6, 2014
    This game is great. It's a class based third person shooter, so think a slightly less complicated TF2. The visuals are gorgeous and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
  10. Feb 27, 2014
    See the full review @ http://www.idiotbox.co.uk/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-review/

Well, well, well! Plants Vs. Zombies have made it big time and stepped into the big wide world of 3-D gameplay. Back in the day when I was first introduced to the series this is something I never thought I would be playing, let alone did I ever think it was be as detailed as it actually is!

I
    figured before jumping into the action I’d take a little look around at some of the extras to see what was on offer and to say I was blown away would be a pretty adequate way to put it. My first stop on the PvZ world tour was the character screen, this is where it lists the different ranks of Plants and Zombies that you can play as and also offers you some tutorial videos about their unique attacks and customization options. That’s right, there are customisation options!! You want your plant to go into battle wearing an eggplant as a hat, alright. You want your cactus to wear clown face? Go ahead. You want your zombie to rock to most glorious of handlebar moustaches? Get to it son, this is your war! The point I’m getting at is that this most excellent, plus there are literally hundreds of different customisation options to unlock as you go so give it some time after the games release and you are likely to see a mass of different looking plants and zombies when playing online!

One of the other additional features on offer is the sticker book and the sticker albums (this ties in with the real-world sticker paraphernalia that Plants Vs. Zombies have released that I am too old for but still think is awesome!) The sticker book is essentially your gallery of unlocked content, each page is dedicated to a different plant or zombie and you can unlock different stickers as you play through the game. The sticker book is insanely big!! It consists of 225 pages worth of things to unlock, that’s 1,160 different unlockables and upgrades to collect, that’s a scary high number! The other side of this is the sticker shop, this is where you can spend the money you have earnt in the game to purchase any and all warfare related backup, these packs range from the basic and generic reinforcements to the mega pack which is crammed full of “spectacular items”.

This concludes our tour of the extra features; let’s go to war shall we? For the purpose of this review I spent a lot of time in Garden Ops mode; this is essentially the single player mode of the game. The levels all start by getting you to select your soldier and going to plant your garden in preparation for the onslaught and scattered around the map are glowing pots; this is where you get to be creative! The aim of the game is garden defence and you are started off with a limited number of seeds that you can use to fortify yourself, obviously you can stock up at the sticker shop between games but you have to use what you’ve got readily available once you’re in the battle. Each level of Garden Ops has 10 waves that you need to survive in order to survive and there is a healthy amount of things that get thrown at you along the way to keep you on your toes and to keep things interesting. Every now and then you will have a special wave thrown at you, the biggest and meanest of these being when the Zomboss Slot decides to come out and play. The Zomboss Slot is basically a slot machine that decides your fate, it sporadically pops up and whatever the reels land on is what you will be facing in the next round. Sometimes this works in your favour as it sometimes lands on the good stuff and you get some bonus coins out of it, most of the time though it will punish you, and your garden…

Now everyone knows that warfare is unpredictable so why should Plants Vs Zombies be any different. Garden Warfare have utilised a feature from the original game in a further attempt to keep you guessing. Usually you will be given a breather of around 20 seconds or so between waves to gather your thoughts, replant your fortifications, heal yourself, stuff like that but every now and then just as you get ready to prepare for the next wave you will have a warning flash up that the Zombies are ambushing you. I suppose the silver lining of this is that it definitely makes you think fast and honestly, learning on the job is always the best way.
  11. Apr 1, 2014
    Amazing PVZ game. Very addictive and fun. Intriguing gameplay. This game has it all. If your looking for a fun friendly game, Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare is it.
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    this had the potential to be a great game but changing the whole genre of the game,is trying to hard.And on top of that xbox live needed.Not what i expected from popcap
  13. Mar 21, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I can't stop playing it.
    Art is true to the original pvz game, the characters are nicely varied yet balanced.
    It's in no way a serious competitive shooter, but it's great fun and worth checking out.
  14. Apr 8, 2014
    Seeing as I am very good at this game and usually top the list in score, of course I'm going to like it! The only problem is the game can get boring quite fast for some people. I still enjoy it, but not enough to play for more than two hours. The game-mode "Gardens and Graveyards", however, is enormously fun, with the zombies attacking and the plants defending multiple gardens on a very large map. Without that game-mode, I'd probably have stopped playing the game by now. Expand
  15. Jun 26, 2014
    PvZ: GW is a great little game, if somewhat tedious. It has a tonne of potential, but the micro transaction model seems very much primed and ready to exploit. EA have once again turned a fun franchise into a cash cow.

The visuals are great for the most part, but the confusing and sometimes senseless UI pop ups don't help.

The games got a possible future, as it's near identical to
    Mass Effect 3's online mode, it just needs some polishing, and balancing. Expand
  16. Apr 12, 2014
    Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare was excellent on Xbox One and is still excellent on Xbox 360. Most people played the One version and ignored the 360 version. But this game is not a bland Call of Duty slapped on a PvZ theme. It's worth the 30 bucks If you want something family friendly and are not buying Titanfall. PvZ Garden Warfare is full on action. It has no solo missions, everything is multiplayer. Most people were disappointed that you need Xbox Live Gold to play the game but of course if you read the box it said ONLINE ONLY. Apart from that its a fun and colourful game with awesome graphics. Expand
  17. Sep 9, 2014
    A fantastic shooter that breaks the bloody and brown barriers set forth by modern gritty shooters. A metascore of only 69 is ridiculous. I never judge a game by the scores on here, too many people give a 1 rating for silly reasons like online play only or an xbox gold membership required... i don't know about the rest of you but in 2014 my consoles are online ready, it's not 2003 anymore. The game is not for casuals, i'm not saying casuals can't find it fun and entertaining but people judging the game based on it's colorful art style clearly haven't played for longer than 10 minutes, there is plenty of room to customize, level up and dominate just as much and ever more than any battlefield game on the market! Trust me. Expand
  18. Mar 7, 2014
    It's fun, what with all the bright colours and quirky combat, though it lacks a certain depth when it comes to game modes. There could be some more unique ones, and while Garden Ops is enjoyable, I prefer survival where it involves keeping myself alive, rather than defending the life of something like a garden or base. It would add a little more excitement for me. Maybe some single elimination modes could have been added, and come on, Xbox 360 doesn't have split screen co-op, let alone, none of them have custom private matches, for messing around with friends. Expand
  19. Apr 25, 2014
    Is a good game, but there is a problem. The game don't have any option to single player, you must play online always to save you score and level, that is disgusting DX
  20. Jun 3, 2014
    a very fun multiplayer shooter with a nice community and a great variety of game modes. first is welcome mat. a standard team deathmatch but the more you suck the more health you will gain at spawn next is team vanquish. it is just standard team deathmatch next is gardens and graveyards. the developers claim it is a mix of conquest and rush from battlefield but i think of it being more like overrun from gears of war judgement.

next is classic team vanquish. it is team vanquish but customized and unlocked characters are not allowed

next is classic gardens and graveyards. it is classic team vanquish but with gardens and graveyards.

next is mixed mode. it says it is a mix of team vanquish and gardens and graveyards but i haven't played it yet. no one is playing it.

next there is gnome bomb. so your team spawns with 3 gardens (or graveyards if you are playing as a zombie) and a bomb will spawn in the middle of the map. you have to get the bomb and destroy the enemy CP. the first team to destroy the opposing team's 3 CPs wins.

and finally there is garden ops mode. it is a classic horde mode but you can plant plants that would act as towers in a tower defense game to defend your garden if your garden gets destroyed you lose.

there are also card packs which you can buy with the coins you earned in the game. these card packs include plants (or zombies) which you can grow to act as towers to defend your base in the tower defense mode and you can get new items to customize your characters and get new characters entirely.

the classes fell balanced and the games are fun so overall i think this is a good game worth the $30 I paid for it. my only complaints are the game can slow down in the areas where tons of explosions are, and the game requires Xbox Live Gold to play it. and the graphics are fine as the game runs on the frostbite 3 engine. overall, it gets an 8/10.
  21. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is pure amazeballs. Ive played it forever and its not boring.
    I have one small issue.

THE LOADING TIMES ARE TOO LONG.

BUT THE GAMEPLAY IS EPIC
  22. Apr 18, 2014
    I love this game, but I hate to complain, and I understand its rated E for everyone. But the servers are having issues with registering hits/damage, so I feel that takes the fun out of it when you can't kill the opposing team ( or certain team members). And on top of that, when most of the servers are filled with children 10 and under, and they are constantly making noises or not playing the correct way, or just not even playing at all just running around. Again I am sorry to complain like that, but those issues alone make the game a high six. I would have rated it much higher just not as fun when you have to constantly mute children or jump out of servers because they aren't playing correctly. Expand
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    What a shame, after playing pvz2 I looked forward to garden warfare and I was very disappointed, yet more money making by online and you have to have a gold membership. Well in response to one other review yes it does say online and gold membership on the case but other games also say they are great on the case and they turn out to be turd.
  24. May 4, 2014
    If you could ever envision what a Plants vs Zombies 3D shooter would look like, it's pretty much this. And that's a good thing, because it's a really good shooter. The charm, personality and likeability factor of PvZ is there, but even underneath, you have all the makings of a solid shooter/tower defence hybrid here. The characters are well-rendered, they have different playstyles and abilities to mix up gameplay, and are pretty well balanced according to how you want to play. The accessories, and the sticker packs will keep people coming back for more, even if the pure game itself isn't particularly big.

A good game by yourself, a truly great game if you have some friends too.
  25. May 19, 2014
    Fascinating game ever since I played the original plants vs. zombies on IOS platform. Incredibly fun with unique backgrounds. Although there are a few minor lags, it doesn't bother.
  26. May 30, 2014
    Wow, you can tell the developers put a LOT of love into this game. This is one of my favourite team-based multiplayer shooters to date, reminding me of the early days of Team Fortress. There is an incredible amount of depth in this game which may surprise many gamers. I especially like the character design, each is animated and voiced absolutely perfectly. I always found myself laughing and smiling throughout a match. There's also a plethora of customization options for each character class as well. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a STEAL! And did I mention, FREE DLC? Better believe it! Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    Garden Warfare is a humorous FPS with funny characters and odd weapons. There's not much TD-stuff left, though. [Apr 2014]
    Targets the casual crowd and targets it rather well - but don't expect anything beyond that. [Issue #240]
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    Popcap’s first attempt to transform Plants vs Zombies franchise into a shooter is quite mediocre, as it lacks many basic and fundamental aspects someone would seek in a multiplayer only shooter.