7.1

1. Feb 25, 2014
    First off all, i cannot belive this game only got 6.7 user score, as i am writing this review. I downloaded the full game, and well.. I played it for 8 hours straight, and thats rarely the case with me. Excellent amount of details in both the plants and zombies, great maps, fantastic graphics, and most importantly- Wow at the amount of stuff you unlock in the game! Its just crazy. Every plant and zombie you use have each own level plus a main progession level. To level a plant or zombie, you have to do specific challeges for that plant or zombie. There are also alot of accesories to unlock for the plants and zombies, like new glasses, weapons, new hats, and alot more. All in all, just get this game already- its Amazing, it really deserves a 10 of 10! Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    Brilliant game!! I think most of the flack it is catching stems from some people comparing it too much to the previous titles in the series. Apples and oranges. The most fun I've had on my 360 in quite some time!!!
  3. Feb 26, 2014
    This is a great game and has endless potential for addons and mods. It is a little bit similar to team fortress in SOME aspects but overall it is its own unique game and it implements alot of new concepts like player summoned AI during multiplayer matches and some very unique abilities and maps.
  4. Mar 1, 2014
    Incredibly fun to play, just a fantastic game! I loved the characters and general atmosphere. Game looks great and stays true to the original P vs Z fun silly approach.
  5. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is very fun and addictive, but it needs more game modes (Three, just doesn't seem enough.); Plus it's also a shame, that it's on-line only, it would've been nice to have an offline mode.
  6. Mar 6, 2014
    This game is great. It's a class based third person shooter, so think a slightly less complicated TF2. The visuals are gorgeous and the gameplay is simplistic and fun.
  7. Feb 27, 2014
    See the full review @ http://www.idiotbox.co.uk/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-review/

Well, well, well! Plants Vs. Zombies have made it big time and stepped into the big wide world of 3-D gameplay. Back in the day when I was first introduced to the series this is something I never thought I would be playing, let alone did I ever think it was be as detailed as it actually is!

I
    figured before jumping into the action I’d take a little look around at some of the extras to see what was on offer and to say I was blown away would be a pretty adequate way to put it. My first stop on the PvZ world tour was the character screen, this is where it lists the different ranks of Plants and Zombies that you can play as and also offers you some tutorial videos about their unique attacks and customization options. That’s right, there are customisation options!! You want your plant to go into battle wearing an eggplant as a hat, alright. You want your cactus to wear clown face? Go ahead. You want your zombie to rock to most glorious of handlebar moustaches? Get to it son, this is your war! The point I’m getting at is that this most excellent, plus there are literally hundreds of different customisation options to unlock as you go so give it some time after the games release and you are likely to see a mass of different looking plants and zombies when playing online!

One of the other additional features on offer is the sticker book and the sticker albums (this ties in with the real-world sticker paraphernalia that Plants Vs. Zombies have released that I am too old for but still think is awesome!) The sticker book is essentially your gallery of unlocked content, each page is dedicated to a different plant or zombie and you can unlock different stickers as you play through the game. The sticker book is insanely big!! It consists of 225 pages worth of things to unlock, that’s 1,160 different unlockables and upgrades to collect, that’s a scary high number! The other side of this is the sticker shop, this is where you can spend the money you have earnt in the game to purchase any and all warfare related backup, these packs range from the basic and generic reinforcements to the mega pack which is crammed full of “spectacular items”.

This concludes our tour of the extra features; let’s go to war shall we? For the purpose of this review I spent a lot of time in Garden Ops mode; this is essentially the single player mode of the game. The levels all start by getting you to select your soldier and going to plant your garden in preparation for the onslaught and scattered around the map are glowing pots; this is where you get to be creative! The aim of the game is garden defence and you are started off with a limited number of seeds that you can use to fortify yourself, obviously you can stock up at the sticker shop between games but you have to use what you’ve got readily available once you’re in the battle. Each level of Garden Ops has 10 waves that you need to survive in order to survive and there is a healthy amount of things that get thrown at you along the way to keep you on your toes and to keep things interesting. Every now and then you will have a special wave thrown at you, the biggest and meanest of these being when the Zomboss Slot decides to come out and play. The Zomboss Slot is basically a slot machine that decides your fate, it sporadically pops up and whatever the reels land on is what you will be facing in the next round. Sometimes this works in your favour as it sometimes lands on the good stuff and you get some bonus coins out of it, most of the time though it will punish you, and your garden…

Now everyone knows that warfare is unpredictable so why should Plants Vs Zombies be any different. Garden Warfare have utilised a feature from the original game in a further attempt to keep you guessing. Usually you will be given a breather of around 20 seconds or so between waves to gather your thoughts, replant your fortifications, heal yourself, stuff like that but every now and then just as you get ready to prepare for the next wave you will have a warning flash up that the Zombies are ambushing you. I suppose the silver lining of this is that it definitely makes you think fast and honestly, learning on the job is always the best way.
  8. Apr 1, 2014
    Amazing PVZ game. Very addictive and fun. Intriguing gameplay. This game has it all. If your looking for a fun friendly game, Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare is it.
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I can't stop playing it.
    Art is true to the original pvz game, the characters are nicely varied yet balanced.
    It's in no way a serious competitive shooter, but it's great fun and worth checking out.
  10. Apr 12, 2014
    Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare was excellent on Xbox One and is still excellent on Xbox 360. Most people played the One version and ignored the 360 version. But this game is not a bland Call of Duty slapped on a PvZ theme. It's worth the 30 bucks If you want something family friendly and are not buying Titanfall. PvZ Garden Warfare is full on action. It has no solo missions, everything is multiplayer. Most people were disappointed that you need Xbox Live Gold to play the game but of course if you read the box it said ONLINE ONLY. Apart from that its a fun and colourful game with awesome graphics. Expand
  11. Sep 9, 2014
    A fantastic shooter that breaks the bloody and brown barriers set forth by modern gritty shooters. A metascore of only 69 is ridiculous. I never judge a game by the scores on here, too many people give a 1 rating for silly reasons like online play only or an xbox gold membership required... i don't know about the rest of you but in 2014 my consoles are online ready, it's not 2003 anymore. The game is not for casuals, i'm not saying casuals can't find it fun and entertaining but people judging the game based on it's colorful art style clearly haven't played for longer than 10 minutes, there is plenty of room to customize, level up and dominate just as much and ever more than any battlefield game on the market! Trust me. Expand
  12. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is pure amazeballs. Ive played it forever and its not boring.
    I have one small issue.

THE LOADING TIMES ARE TOO LONG.

BUT THE GAMEPLAY IS EPIC
  13. May 19, 2014
    Fascinating game ever since I played the original plants vs. zombies on IOS platform. Incredibly fun with unique backgrounds. Although there are a few minor lags, it doesn't bother.
  14. May 30, 2014
    Wow, you can tell the developers put a LOT of love into this game. This is one of my favourite team-based multiplayer shooters to date, reminding me of the early days of Team Fortress. There is an incredible amount of depth in this game which may surprise many gamers. I especially like the character design, each is animated and voiced absolutely perfectly. I always found myself laughing and smiling throughout a match. There's also a plethora of customization options for each character class as well. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a STEAL! And did I mention, FREE DLC? Better believe it! Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    Garden Warfare is a humorous FPS with funny characters and odd weapons. There's not much TD-stuff left, though. [Apr 2014]
    Targets the casual crowd and targets it rather well - but don't expect anything beyond that. [Issue #240]
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    Popcap’s first attempt to transform Plants vs Zombies franchise into a shooter is quite mediocre, as it lacks many basic and fundamental aspects someone would seek in a multiplayer only shooter.