8.5

1. Nov 13, 2014
    An absolute treasure.

This game had made me waste HOURS into. That's how great this game was.

The story, characters, level design, and overall strategy was pulled off so well in this game.
    The game had some hard levels that were very fun to try and complete.

This is a game I will most likely never forget and would die for a third game.
  2. Oct 31, 2014
    For those unfamiliar with this game:

Basically, it's like a first person shooter -- except you solve puzzles, and instead of a gun that shoots bullets, you have a "gun" that shoots portals, either red or orange. In the game you are a lady who is under the control of a robot overlords, and you are forced into industrial looking rooms, and made to figure out how to escape.

A seemingly
    simple concept, but a lot more sophisticated than it sounds. You can play alone or with another person. It's really a lot of fun, and endures even more with its excellent voice acting, and post apocalyptic storyline.

If you like puzzle games, even in the least, then you should definitely check this out. It's definitely a classic. Superior to the first games. Lots of fun.
  3. Sep 24, 2014
    The original Portal may have only lasted about five hours but it is quite rightly considered a classic by almost anyone that played it. Portal 2 is therefore in an awkward position. Change too much and you risk ruining what made the first so special, change too little and it makes a sequel pointless. Fortunately Portal 2 gets the balance pretty much spot on.

As with the original the
    star of the show is the portal gun itself and Valve have again managed to craft a number of challenging but fair puzzles that require the gun to be exploited in increasingly clever ways. The first couple of hours of the single-player campaign play out in a similar fashion to the original (with the addition of the very funny Stephen Merchant on voice over work) before the game adds a few new features, such as light bridges and repulsion goo to keep things fresh without overcomplicating matters. Taking around eight hours to complete the single-player is again a joy to play through despite the fact that a large part of the original games charm was its originality. The only slight gripe for me was the fact that some of the sections outside the regular testing zones lose the focus that kept my interest throughout the original, but this is only a very minor issue and I am sure not everyone would agree.

Perhaps the biggest new feature added for this sequel is the Co-Op play, either via Xbox live or split screen. This opens up a whole new set of puzzles that require intelligence and teamwork to complete, coming in at around four hours it is a great addition to an already very good game.

If you were a fan of the original or you are simply bored of the endless FPS game released on consoles recently you could do a lot worse than picking up a copy of Portal 2.
  4. Jul 4, 2014
    A brilliant game with polished graphics and superb gameplay. The voice acting is great, and the easter eggs make the whole experience worth while. A must buy for video game fans.
  5. May 27, 2014
    I rarely give a game 10/10, but Portal 2 does something which some games like this fail to give, A Comedy FPS Puzzler, its hilarious story, Amazing Puzzles, Unique Co-Op and not forgetting the excellent ending, This game is not only the best Xbox 360 game, but the best game of all time
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    An incredible puzzle game for just the single player alone. The co-op campaign is the best campaign that I have ever played with a friend. The ONLY reason this doesn't get a ten is the fact that I did find that the second part of three in the single player sort dragged on. Apart from that though, the game is perfect
  7. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is an puzzle, adventure kind of game. For some reason its known as Portals 'successor'. Portal was imaginative and original. It was a big cake (ha) with every detail covered. Portal 2 however just more of it really. It just seems to be so similar it may as way be called 'Valve's turd'. However I will say the controls are still easy to use regardless of which console you play it on. Any die-hard Portal fan will be slightly or bitterly disappointed by the fact there are no interactions with the companion cube. Except that one fraction of the game where it gets vaporised. There is no reference to cake or anything that made Portal such a childish success. Valve has made an attempt to put more depth into the game by adding a funny but mostly irritating character called Wheatly. He tags along for some of the game trying to explain the simple plot. Halfway through the game turns the tables and makes the villain your friend and your previous friend the enemy. The game really pushes this down your throat, by really trying to make accept your friend has become your enemy. Only I can't really care about Wheatley becoming the enemy. GLaDOS is still funny but only in the sense that she is trying to compare to Wheatley. The game as a whole lacks any reason to play it again. This was slightly disappointing because the puzzles were mind stimulatingly fun. The cooperative campaign was slightly fun with another person to play with. Half way through the game we were just seeing if we could dodge turret attacks. In short Portal 2 cannot be called better than the previous game, because its only just more of it. You should buy this just to see the story, no other reason really. Expand
  8. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding fun and entertaining as well. At its heart is a simple idea. But the idea has been built on to epic proportions and the world blown wide open to match
  9. Feb 5, 2014
    This game, and its prequel, shows to us that resolving puzzles can be a lot funnier killing soldiers or monsters with guns. Even with only three characters speaking, Portal 2 has one of the best narrative in FPG.
    GOOD THINGS:
    Puzzles more difficult, Co-op mode, GLaDOS.
    BAD THINGs:
    Chell still doesn't speak.
  10. Jan 15, 2014
    Portal 2 is a game with a great game with a great story that i just happen to love. Valve always knows what they are doing when it comes to games. Good job.
  11. Dec 13, 2013
    I've never had a game grab my attention more than in portal 2. I'm a huge fan of valve and this was not what I expected but intrigued me none the less. This game makes you work your brain and that alone is worth its weight. I got this as a gift from my girlfriend who doesn't play video games and I woke up to find her playing this after I fell asleep for about 10 hours. Well done! I am a true fan and I would have never even picked this type of game off the shelf. Expand
  12. Sep 6, 2013
    A brilliant sequel to an incredibly innovative game, this is one of the purest, most focused games I've played on this console. A true masterpiece combining fast paced visuals, an intense soundtrack, and a driving story-line. A must play for any 360 owner. The only drawback to this game is that it is very short, so much so that I cannot give it a perfect rating. Find it in a discount bin for a good price and than I would give it a 10. Expand
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    There is absolutely no reason why you should not play this game. It is a wonderful magical blend of perfect game mechanics, a great storyline and absolutely hilarious dark humor. Definitely one of the defining games of the generation and the best puzzle game ever. Period.
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    An absolutely wonderful game, which is as unique as it is brilliant. The story line invites the player to participate, from start to finish, while also offering great entertainment. The puzzles may have you waking from your sleep, and saying I've got it" as they are clever but not unsolvable. A community of puzzle builders will keep your mind working as long as it is willing.
  15. Aug 6, 2013
    Portal 2 plays in a league few are privy to. The puzzles alone would feel like you were doing math every waking second you invest in the game if that were simply it. Of course, for the soduko or Tetris diehards, that might be enough. But it's the zany conversations had between AI characters that really makes it all so much more entertaining. Perhaps the best thing about Portal 2 is it doesn't take itself serious for one second. I can say this is one of the more entertaining games I've played in recent memory. Certainly worthy of a purchase, especially if you can pick it up for cheap like I did (Xbox Live sale for $9.99). Expand
  16. Jul 15, 2013
    One of the best puzzle games of all time just got better. Can you tell me another puzzle game that has such a rich and enthralling story? Yes it is more of the same puzzles... its portal. The amount of twists and unique ways to complete them however couldn't be better and valve knows exactly how to make a sequel. The graphics are very good and to the neigh sayers. What else would you want? Your in a testing facility, not exactly the open plains with rich detail and colours. Overall, this is one of the best games iv'e ever played and have been enthralled enough to read the comic and look in deeper to the story of Chell from beginning to end.. 10/10. Expand
  17. Jun 27, 2013
    Portal 2 is a creative and hilarious game that everyone should experience, full of clever puzzles, hilarious one-liners, and awesome game mechanics. You just can't go wrong with this one.
  18. Jun 16, 2013
    Portal 2 is the best successor the first game was amazing and and this one is far more better than the first as it it was improved in every way this game is a must own the single player was great but it doesn't stop here as there is an amazing multiplayer mode
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    I played this game two years ago. But you know why I review it now? Simple. Portal 2 is, in my opinion, the best game ever made. No game has left me so much hungry for more than Portal 2. It had a considerable duration, an emotional grappling, a clever script, an engaging gameplay with a cooperative campaign that is just as fun, and in my opinion, Valve's finest (And Valve has got its fine stuff, ain't it?).
    Portal 2 takes off from the simple premise that the exquisitely evil GLADoS (One of the best villains in video game history, and there is no way to argue that) has got you again in the Aperture Science testing facility. The facility is tearing apart, and you, Chell, are trapped in there for a lifetime, or at least that is what GLADoS thinks. Along with you, a new divine character joins this adventure, a robot called Wheatley. Oh my god! IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!
    The turrets, GLADoS, Wheatley.... Even Aperture's CEO Cave Johnson. You will not forget these characters. They are all full of wit and hilarity, and they really attach to you in an emotional ride, and that is the best way to describe Portal 2. It gets better when we talk about gameplay.
    The original Portal was well-known by its innovative gameplay but also its short duration (1 or 2 hours). Portal 2 is a pleasant 8-10 hours ride, which are more than enough for a puzzle game. Still, I had so much fun. Puzzles are harder than ever, and the addition of the three gels make puzzles even more mind-bending. They are indeed challenging, and even though the boss battle still was disappointing in contrast to the puzzles, I didn't care, as I found the ending joyful and made me cry as a little b**ch.
    The story in Portal 2 was never imagined to be as deep. But as you travel through Aperture's decadence, you will realise how dark the plot is turning halfway through the game, with a twist that will break your heart. Why? Because the characters are so well done, the voice acting is amazing and the game is genius at creating bonds within them and you. Even the Co-op campaign, which was really good and also offers a considerable duration (About 6 hours), has a storyline that leaves you on the edge of your seat. The Co-op campaign is a great addition. It really forces you to be cooperative and responsive to the other player, and the two bots you play as are equally as charming, and puzzles are equally as hard as in the campaign.
    The visuals on this game will not blow your wig off, but damn they were impressive. Aperture's decadence is sometimes incredibly detailed, and you will find some scenarios even on Xbox 360 breath-taking. The Co-op campaign doesn't have the same visual dazzle. Still, it wasn't glitchy neither unbearable.
    So, that's it. 10/10. My favourite game of all time. The best thing this generation of gaming has brought, and the best dish Valve layed on his big feast of outstanding game. Portal 2 is so great words can't even describe it. You will soon find yourself hopeless asking for a Portal 3. Guess we will have to wait, but I sure want to hear a turret again saying: "Are you still there?" with its T-Pain style voice.
  20. May 9, 2013
    I'm giving this game a ten and a short review. It's beyond FUN. I've gotta say, I played it with a friend and had such a laugh it's unreal. The game really challenges you to think and especially on the co-op mode, work together. I'm sorry but letting your friend collect something you need on the far side of the room, holding a button down so he can cross back over and simply letting go only to watch him unexpectedly plummet to his death is beyond laughable, the good thing about it is.. there isn't any frustation, once you know what to do, you just go back and do it. You don't really get penalised for it, the game is challenging enough in my opinion. I couldn't help but love this game and it's very morbid yet entertaining humour! Expand
  21. May 5, 2013
    This Game Is great fun, the single player alone is worth your money, but hen valve also gives and equally excellent co-op story line. the game is an awesome blend of first person and puzzle. a definite buy. don't hesitate. go now.go
  22. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the most stupid games I have played in my entire life,Just Kidding,i loved this game,beautiful gameplay,nice humor, a challenging game and the only flaw is that it may be short,Recommend it Expand
  23. Mar 31, 2013
    So Portal 2 is probably the best puzzle game ever. Even better than Tetris. So the gameplay basically is about making puzzles with a gun that shoots portals, along with some items like, for example, cubes that you have to put on buttons. The first game won awards for it's original gameplay, the funny but sinister voice acting for the machine GLaDOS, and the song at the end, that also had a lot of humor. So the sequel was inevitable.
    There are two modes, single-player and multi-player, of course. In single-player you play as Chell, the protagonist of the previous game, as she wakes up and finds a friend named Wheatley, who will help her to find the way out. In the way, something happens and they are now in the test chambers again. Without giving away too much, the story is a lot more complex in comparison to the multi-player and especially the original game, taking the most time to complete of the three. Also, the voice acting for every character is wonderful, with well-written dialogue. Almost every line they say could be a meme. Graphically, is the best-looking game that uses the Source engine, and has some pretty good visuals. The gameplay is still fun, even if it lost the fresh factor, it manages to keep it new with some new and inventive mechanics. There are easter eggs too, that are pretty interesting and, most importantly, fun.
    The multiplayer is like another game. Taking place after singleplayer mode (without revealing anything, so you can play this one first without spoilers), GLaDOS now tests two robots, ATLAS and P-Body, through the chambers. The story in this part isn't very important, similar to Portal 1.
    There are a lot of inventive uses for the two player mechanic, and even some mechanics that aren't on the single-player campaign. Obviously, it's shorter than the solo campaign, but even then it's one of the best multiplayer modes of all. You could say that the game actually has two different campaigns.
    The soundtrack is good. There are more techno ambience sounds, but, unlike in Portal 1, they will be more notorious. There are some songs here and there, without spoiling anything, and they are good, but nothing compared to the original. Overall, the game not only is an improvement to an amazing game, but also manages to keep it fresh.
  24. Jan 30, 2013
    Genial e a palavra certa para se definir Portal 2, todos os puzzles são muito bem construidos e os personagens tambem, a Dublagem e excelente, e um roteiro incrível, não é dificil dizer que Portal 2 é um dos melhores Games já feitos até então!
  25. Jan 1, 2013
    there is nothing wrong with game if you love portal you will want to play portal 2 it is one of the best puzzle/action you could ever buy/own if you like puzzle games get this the ending is so good
  26. Dec 11, 2012
    This is an amazing game, top 10. It has fun, but challenging, obstacles and challenges that make you want more. And for those who want more, the multiplayer is a whole other campaign! Cleverness of gaming has ceased to amaze from Valve. It also has great voice acting and fantastic music, as well as good graphics. Unfortunately, after you beat this the only thing left is the FREE DLC, which is amazing, and then what? Expand
  27. Dec 10, 2012
    There's a certain magic that games can't grasp as well as movies nowadays, but portal 2 is one of those games that left me with a good feeling at the end almost mirroring the feeling you get after watching an amazing inspirational movie. I literally said out loud during the credits "This is the best game ever". I would complain about some of the flaws with co-op but the main game is so great that I wouldn't worry about not getting your money's worth. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2012
    Portal 2 pulls at the minds of gamers, forcing them to think clearly and remember various techniques in order to complete the level. Amusing and varied challenges offer great incentive to play on and progress to the next level. The new gadgets are drip-fed to players just enough to keep them interested enough as well. The gameplay is just one part of why this game is very impressive, the other being the hilarious dialogue and characters present in the game who all have very interesting personalities and very skilful voice actors. Both the high quality gameplay and the humorous characters combine to make this a must play for anybody who has the means to. Expand
  29. Nov 5, 2012
    Absolutely amazing. Valve has taken an idea and fully elaborated on it. Some greatest puzzle solving madness ever to grace video games. The game is a little short but that's okay. If this was a 20+ hour single-player experience the game may become tedious and repetitive. The story is somewhat dark and engrossing and really allows the player to become enthralled with the game. Not to mention the spectacular (and difficult) co-op campaign. From exploring the modern day Aperture Sciences and then on to the fictional company's weird past, everything in Portal 2 is an absolute joy. 10/10 Expand
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    Even tho its short its amazing. Campaign fun and make you laugh. And co-op is just great fun with friends. Well done valve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Portal 2 9.7/10
  31. Sep 21, 2012
    I really wish this would have been Portal 1. The gameplay though unique just gets old after a while and is been there done that after the first game. My favorite aspect of Portal 2 where the co-op missions. On the short side but sweet.
  32. Sep 14, 2012
    Beautiful story, the puzzles make you think and a little creepy as well. .

.10/10
  33. Sep 7, 2012
    Here we go, another Portal 2 review... for Xbox 360 now. I actually played the Xbox 360 version before the PC version. But, anyway, it is basically the same as PC. Great graphics and great gameplay. With more levels, characters, dialogue, humor than the original Portal. And even a new multi-player mode, this is a rare gem in the gaming world. A masterpiece on it's own, I totally recommend this game. 10 out of 10 from me. Expand
  34. Aug 25, 2012
    This game is truly a masterpiece in both story and game play. The story will keep you laughing and satisfied through out. The game gives you tons of those satisfying moments where after tons of guessing and failed attempts you figure out the puzzle and continue forward. The multi-player keeps the fun going with a decent plot and more challenging puzzles. My complaints are that the multi-player can easily be ruined if you join the game with some complete idiot because you don't have a friend to play with. It can also be ruined by not having a friend to partner up with to play the game who hasn't already played through the game. Expand
  35. Aug 24, 2012
    wth!? why the 9.5!!? seriously, im a big fan of portal, such a good interactive and brainy game, but no storyline, no characters, no of nothing, seriously overrated game
  36. Jul 9, 2012
    As much as it breaks my heart to give this a 9 I have to. It just wasn't everything I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing game and still one of my all time favourites. The story was really amazing, the humor was as good as ever, the graphics (despite what some people say) were actually pretty good and still way better than the first one, and the puzzles were challenging at times while not being close to impossible. The learning curve is really amazing (as was the one in the first Portal). Most of the time you would walk into a puzzle and start thinking of how you could solve it and when you finally do you feel really good about yourself despite the fact that GLaDOS is insulting your every move. The trailers of this game were probably the best trailers I've ever seen. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. They got me completely pumped for the game. Maybe a little too pumped actually which is part of the reason I gave it a 9. My expectations were unbelievably high and it only slightly let me down. I kind of felt that the co-op mode was kind of annoying to use just because unless the person you are playing with is at the same place as you you have to play levels several times or skip levels. My last problem and probably the biggest is it didn't really have very much replayability. The co-op added to it a bit but after that I didn't know what to do with myself and I found myself wanting so much more. It's not even the short story that was my problem (approximately 4 hours to beat) but it was that I had no incentive to play it once I beat it. Maybe if they had some things to unlock or the challenge levels they had in Portal 1 then I'd be fine and I'd probably give it a 10 but I didn't really feel like playing it again just to get my money's worth and there was no incentive to anyways. Expand
  37. Jul 8, 2012
    It was, a perfect sequel. The story was comical yet mind-blowingly difficult at sometimes! It had just long enough to get the story fitted in, making it action-packed and fast-paced, which most gamers need with their shorter attention spans. The story is memorable, funny, sad, tragic, and even a little romantic. It all blends together into a perfect game! And the Multiplayer mode is so sophisticated, yet, I have still to see a bug or glitch. I tried all the different taunts, and even found how easy it is to play with a stranger! (Although I highly recommend you do play with a friend). It was very entertaining, and I recommend that all gamers should try it! Expand
  38. Jul 8, 2012
    Overall Portal 2 is a very fun game. The dialog is very comical and the puzzles can get very complicated and provide a sense of satisfaction once completed. The game is much longer than the original Portal, and provided me with hours of entertainment. I also highly enjoyed the multiplayer which is also very long and still puzzling and can provide tons of entertainment if you are cooperative. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys puzzle games. Expand
  39. May 30, 2012
    Good game, but if you played the original and thought it good but not great, then this is really just more of the same. There are a few new tricks to learn, but puzzle wise the game didn't feel as challenging as the original. Perhaps thats because I was already accustomed to the puzzle theme of using portals. In any case, I felt there wasn't enough new stuff there, and it got to be a bit of a chore and felt like going through the motions just so I could seen the ending. Though I have to admit, the story and characterisation was much better this time around. Other than that I couldn't find too many other positive things to say about this game. It doesn't have much re-playability even when you take the coop mode into account. Overall if you loved the original then its more of the same, but if like me you really didn't see what all the fuss was about the original, and just thought it an okay first person puzzler, then you probably wont find your opinion has changed much with the sequel. So its good, but not a classic, at least not in my book. 6 / 10 Expand
  40. May 19, 2012
    The best FPS ive played since Wolfenstein 3D. A game with exceptional storytelling, pace, difficulty balance and game mechanics, and yet great entertainment. I was very happy at the end and expected nothing more when the game presented me with one of the prettiest endings I've seen in a game. Thank you very much Valve.
  41. May 18, 2012
    Absolutely incredible. Mind-bending and addictive from the first minute. Multiplayer is an excellent addition, although the single player campaign is the real attraction here. The puzzles strike a perfect balance of difficulty and accessibility, but the game is built on character moments and a funny/dark/beautiful atmosphere. You'll laugh, empathize, and be totally immersed. Nothing is perfect, but this title's flaws are too minor to even mention, so 10/10. Don't miss this one. Expand
  42. May 18, 2012
    If you're a gamer that takes it's time with games and doesn't rush through it you'll find a lot of gameplay here. I must've spent about 3 full evenings with a friend going through the co-op. The single player is a great ride too. 9/10
  43. DME
    May 5, 2012
    Portal 2 is one of those games you will remember for years to come. It's quite simply a masterpiece. The voice acting is perfect and the dialogue is downright hilarious. There's also plenty of eastereggs scattered throughout the game and a very challenging cooperative mode. The only downfall is the retail price. If that's the problem, then rent it or borrow it. One cannot simply pass this game up. Expand
  44. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is amazing despite being short. The multiplayer co-op is exciting, the humor is really funny, the level design are great. It's one of the best games I've played in 2011.
  45. Apr 18, 2012
    Entertaining but not mind blowing nor GOTY worthy like IGN pointed out. I really don't see why of the commotion for this game, yeah its fun and challenging for a while but it gets boring, you are always contained, plot driven and not very good graphics at all. Bought it for new for $30 and even Im regretting having payed that much for this.
  46. Apr 12, 2012
    Beautiful game with fantastic challenges, witty dialogue, a score of hidden Easter eggs and references, and a fluid story line. It was perhaps a little shorter than I wanted it to be, but only because I had such a great time playing it.
  47. Apr 3, 2012
    If you have half a brain, this game is a huge rip off at full price. I paid 20 bucks and beat it in 4 hours.I know other people can't solve puzzles and it takes them longer, but I would not recommend this at 60. Overall it is fun, but SHORT!
  48. Mar 19, 2012
    Honestly, I can only judge the single-player campaign, since no one I know plays the game. It's too bad there's no random-matching system for the multiplayer campaign (last I checked, at least). The single-player is excellent, and Valve shows genius in the dialogue throughout the game. This is by far the funniest game I've ever played. Every puzzle was fun, without the annoying have-to-jump-across-a-gap-exactly-right-or-die feel of the first Portal game. The opera and credit songs were a wonderful touch. I cannot say enough how great of a job Ellen McClain did as GlaDOS. I will probably keep playing this game for a while to come. Expand
  49. Mar 13, 2012
    Damned near perfect, one of the few games to tell a fully realised story using only the environments to you play through without ever leaving the first person perspective.
  50. Feb 18, 2012
    Portal 2 is by far the most original and interesting puzzle game I have ever played, the game-play, the story is interesting and funny, of the best games of 2011.
  51. Feb 12, 2012
    This is pure epicness, its the 1st Portal's potential maxed out to the funnest limits, this is Valve doing what they do best, innovate. I have to say playing through this game in both singleplayer and multiplayer was extremely fun and entertaining and it gives me the feeling that it was worth playing this game again and again. Oh, also the great sense of humor from the 1st game is triplicated in this game having great fun jokes and awesome voice acting. The new elements added to this game like the light bridge and all the gels are again, amazing. The free DLC they added with the challenge modes also adds quite some value and the multiplayer game is just so fun playing. It is definitely a must-buy and its a great 10/10 Expand
  52. Feb 11, 2012
    Portal 2 is a very interesting, tricky, strategic, puzzle game. It can be easy and it can hard. It tests your mind in parts of the game and thats basically it. Its all fun and it holds one of the most jaw dropping moments in recent gaming years. "Yeah that just happened". But the reason I've given it a 9 is because once you beat the story and play the multiplayer which tests your working ability with your firends, there really isn't much more you can do. Its fun and you will enjoy it for weeks, but thats just it. Check it out though. Its all worth it for that awesome moment and a pleasent ending. Also the main reason I came on here was the user "downrater" is either a troll or has absolutely no taste in games. He'll give this a zero, all the cods a zero, (but thats kinda understandable considering each new game in series is a rehash of the last one), halo all got zeros, skyrim got a zero, zelda got a zero, mass effect got a zero,
    But the only game he gave a full 10 out of 10 was a World of Warcraft game, that personally really wreaked of suck. I feel like he has no life and has become one of Warcrafts slaves. He can't like anything else sadly.
  53. Feb 6, 2012
    First off, I am not a fanboy. But all you have to do to love Portal 2 is look into the details. Doesn't Wheatly's animations seem life-like? How about GLaDOS? Valve spent time to have them Animations, and give them personalities. They don't just stand there and say stuff, they jurk around. They simulate hand movements. They were given deep personalities by Valve. And the stuff they say can really make you feel the antmosphere of the Encichment Center. Sure some Hardcore FPS fanboy might overlook these details, because he has never seen true gaming art and is afraid of it. Don't be the fanboy. Expand
  54. Jan 30, 2012
    A marvelous powerhouse of story, clever gameplay, and fantastic execution. Incredibly fun, moderately challenging, and very very funny. An absolute must play.
  55. Jan 23, 2012
    One of the most original, funniest, super fun game I have played in years. I haven't had this much fun playing a game since the original Mario Bros on NES. Great job Valve on another stellar game.
  56. Jan 4, 2012
    This is a game that is absolutely perfect in every way, shape, and form. Everything about this game completely blew me away. From the storytelling and pacing. To the characters and puzzles that would really get me thinking. Definetly a must play
  57. Dec 31, 2011
    Takes everything we knew and loved in the original and fully bakes it into a longer and more complete experience. It is a great joy to feel Valve's quality production once again. Excellent characters, story, gameplay, coupled with dialogue and characters full of wit and charm.
  58. Dec 30, 2011
    Overall, a very good game. The writing and acting is some of the funniest stuff I've encountered anywhere. There are some very clever moments and some of the environments REALLY push this game beyond the confined spaces of the original. The co-op, especially with a friend and voice chat, is also a ton of fun. The only negatives for me were the frequent load screens (really ruins the pace of some scenes), somewhat brief length (3-4ish hours?), and overall easiness of the puzzles (especially the last quarter of the game). Expand
  59. Dec 28, 2011
    This is my favorite game. The visuals are stunning.The story is epic and hilarious. The puzzles are mind bending even with a partner. Though the Xbox version is lacking in features in the PC/Mac and PS3 version its still the amazing.
  60. Dec 24, 2011
    Portal 2 is full of innovation. It still runs Valve's signature Source engine, but is still more than competent against other games. The game is full of dark and sarcastic humor. It's funny, but doesn't detract from the story's mid-game plot twists. The gameplay is expanded with physics gels that affect your movements. Instead of cashing in and making Portal a trilogy, Valve made the respectable choice of ending the game with a great and nostalgic ending. While loose ends are tied here, I believe there should be more room for campaign-extending DLC. Portal 2 is a masterpiece. Expand
  61. Dec 20, 2011
    I am a very "casual" gamer and this was the first title in awhile that appealed to me. i hadn't played the first portal, but the rave reviews and videos convinced me this was a game I could get into. Needless to say, this was a lot of fun. As a bonus, they have a lovely co-op mode that was equally as fun.

i highly recommend this game
  62. Nov 28, 2011
    Intuitive puzzles that combine the traditional physics of Half-Life with two portals returns in the sequel to hit-sensation to the original "Portal". The new array of puzzles are significantly more varied and numerous, as well as fiendishly difficult during the second half (and challenging during the first), this amounts to a very lengthy single player, but what really makes this game stand out is its ingenious story driven all the way by undeniably classic humour (ranging from fat-jokes to light-hearted banter regarding murder), the finish is certainly climatic, if there's one thing valve is good at (and there are several) its concluding a game leaving the player feeling triumphant and fulfilled, i'll be honest, I cried. The Co-Op side of things are good and well thought out, but it really just amounts to the more experienced player babying the secondary through the challenges, which isn't that much fun. Very suited (although not high-standard) graphics, amazing soundtrack, brilliant presentation, incredible game Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    The game is brilliant, portal 2 gives you hours of fun, the game have amazing graphics , animations , sounds ,voice acting and soundtracks.The coop mode have a great story too. Talking about entertain and inovation portal 2 is the winner.
  64. Nov 20, 2011
    The flaws: replayabilty is low. Now that that's done, Portal 2 is the most complete measure of Valve's genius. The source engine looks brilliant, not realistic, but brilliant. The characters apart from the player are the most enjoyable interesting characters in any game. The puzzles are challenging but never unfair and you get an incredibly lengthy single-player compared to the original. You also are invited to bring along a friend in split-screen or online and do even more, more challenging puzzles. Best game Valve has ever made period. Expand
  65. Nov 20, 2011
    I love the story, I love the characters, I love the level design, I love the innovation and I love this game. They better be making a portal 3 because this game blew me away.
  66. Nov 19, 2011
    This is one of the best Video Games EVER!!!!! The Plot is great, the graphics are great, the characters are funnier than ever, It's an all around great sequel. I highly recommend it.
  67. Nov 19, 2011
    Containing the complexity and bombasticity of a blockbuster, the charm and cheek of an indie game, the dry wit and sharp dialogue of the greatest of comedies, and the undeniable magic of an offering from Pixar, Portal 2 exceeds its predecessor in every concievable way, and goes on to be one of the greastest games of all time.
  68. Nov 18, 2011
    Valve has a reputation for excellence, and that is shown by their latest installment, Portal 2. An excellent continuation of the gripping franchise, Portal shows just how engaging a puzzle game can be. With a wonderful atmosphere conveyed through the charismatic cast and puzzles that will make your head spin, Portal 2 is a fine contender for one of the best games of the year.
  69. Nov 16, 2011
    The most overrated game of this year...surprised ? ^_^ 5 hours main story + 3 hours of coop for 60 $ ?
    The puzzles are creative, but still way too easy, GLADOS is annoying, i don't see how people can find her creepy. The voice acting is great, however. The graphics are incredibly outdated, in fact it reminds me of graphics in 2008. o_O Too many fanboys of Valve - too many perfect scores.
    Perhaps I will never understand what is so great about Valve's games, because to me, they are all recycable garbage on a VERY old engine. Expand
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    Portal 2 really builds upon the originals successes and plants them into a whole new world (in aperture labs of course), making the sequel an excellent companion (hee hee) to the original with many additions. When the single player is done and dusted, co-op is definitely the way to go. Even though the progress is linear, every different person you co-op with yields a different experience. And with a possible level editor rumoured, it seems as if finally, content powered by the community may finally begin the grasp the creativity of console owners who probably cannot grasp the technicalities of Hammer. Overall, a puzzling package which is a must for any cube, button, turret, and possible motion sickness fan to own. Expand
  71. Nov 13, 2011
    So very challenging, so very fun. Made my head hurt, but for all the right reasons. I never played the first game, but this is truly a work of art. It is so cleverly done and thought through that the developers must be pretty chuffed with themselves. I literally cannot fault this game, except possibly the graphics which aren't amazing, but I'm not that bothered, the gameplay literally compensates for it all. Expand
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    lets see what we have here, great puzzles, great graphics, a great story, great voice acting, great mechanics, the best humor i have ever seen in a video game ever, and to top it off a 10+ rating. buy this game right now it is better than its predecessor in almost every way and kept me wide eyed even after the ending scene (maybe more so). this game goes in my top 5 games and that is saying a lot based on how many games i have played. Expand
  73. Oct 23, 2011
    Amazing single player campaign and playing the co-op with friends was fun and a laugh. The only reason it doesn't get a perfect 10 is because there wasn't a lot to do after completing it several times.
  74. Oct 11, 2011
    Bigger, Better, Portal 2. I loved the first one and I got to say that this sequel manages to be more even more entertaining in every way you could think of.
    To the german players: The voice actor who does Jack Black in movies gives his voice to the main robotic character of this game.
  75. Sep 27, 2011
    -- [THE GOOD] -- - Stephen Merchant as Wheatley is an absolute masterstroke - A consistently brilliant, tightly crafted campaign with some of the funniest lines of dialogue you will experience in a game for a long, long, long time - Banging co-op campaign - Mobility Gels add a whole new dimension to the puzzles -- [THE BAD] -- - The, uhh... poor subtitle grammar offends me at times. **** it, it's forgiven

(Graphics) - [8] - In terms of visual quality, it's identical to Portal, but that's not a bad thing as Portal's graphics were smooth, clean cut and beautifully sterile - to fit with the theme of the evil Aperture Science facility, of course - and so it's no surprise that this exact formula was brought in for a second round, only now the facility is in a state of decay since Chell's last battle with GLaDOS and so our vision of what was once Aperture Science is thrown sideways as we awake in a seemingly brand new place with overgrown weeds poking through every available orifice and the sort of run-down factory setting that only Bear Grylls would spend the night in. As the game progresses, however, some familiar environments return in a very exciting and welcome way, as well as a sweet, sweet, sweet surprise that might throw some of you too. There's something about the look of the gels that makes them seem so textured that you can just 'feel' them in your hands by looking at them. ...Just me?...

For the full review, y'all can find it on my blog at www.garygamesouparchive.blogspot.com/2011/07/portal-2-xbox-360.html
  76. Sep 11, 2011
    Wow! This isnt even my favorite genre of game, and I still LOVE it! That's showing you that it's made well. If a game is great, it transcends all genre's and becomes a great game for all. I just tried it by chance, the next thing I know, I'm buying it, playing it, and looking forward to the next time I'm going to play it. It's inventive, creative, sarcastic, intuitive, smooth, artistic, imaginitive, and thought provoking. It sharpens the mind. Expand
  77. Sep 1, 2011
    Before reading this, the 360 version of portal 2 is lacking a few of the features that the other systems have. That being said, not only is this one of the best games of the year, it has moved to my #1 favorite game of all time. The puzzles are ingenious, the story is top notch, the voice acting is hilarious, and has the greatest ending in any game i have ever played. But valve did not stop there. They added an extra 12 of content with the newly added co-op mode, which is a blast to play around with friends. You must buy this game Expand
  78. Aug 26, 2011
    Singleplayer has interesting puzzles that are always challenging but never feel impossible as well as an improved story. Singleplayer alone would make the game worth buying but with the added co-op the game increases its replay value. A must have for fans of the original, fans of puzzle games, or fans of good games in general.
  79. Aug 25, 2011
    It's almost embarrassing how people tend to criticize this game based on it's shortness. I think the critics tend to rush through games to give it the fastest possible time as its average. Obviously the graphics had flaws (I did find a couple glitches, including one in Wheatley's 15th chamber that kept me from an achievement), but I think they are still bright, the use of multiple characters was clever, and the complex story, especially compared to the simple Portal, is absolutely brilliant. You can't go wrong with Portal 2. Expand
  80. Aug 19, 2011
    First off, let me just say that this game is one of the best i have ever played. The story is very engrossing, and made me feel quite emotional at times, especially the end. The game also has some smart remarks made by the AI. For all of the people who think the graphics are out dated, the aren't that bad. The game is not about graphics, it's about solving puzzles. Anyway, its awesome. 9/10
  81. Aug 16, 2011
    the BEST singleplayer i have played
    great puzzles, hilarious dialouge, awesome characters, and a very satisfying ending. i seriously recommend this game, especially if you have someone to play co op with!
  82. Aug 15, 2011
    Even though it's a very funny game, it's very short to keep me entertained, and forces me to play multiplayer to get the another half of the story. Still, it's decent.
  83. Aug 15, 2011
    For starers I liked portal 1 it was an intresting experiance but valve wanted more money and came out with this. Portal 2 has a better story and good charicters but the experiance is stuffed but the aged engine and the repetitiveness which really harms the experiance. The liquid effect was a let down and the action was slow as well as the pacing. The voice acting was good and certan puzzles were fustratingly hard which lead to portal 2 being more of a hard to get sequel trying to gain attention becasue it uses the title most people loved and played so much in 2007. Expand
  84. Aug 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game, it takes all the things that made the first portal great and expands upon it. This game is a 10 out of 10, possibly the greatest stradegy game ever made.
  85. Aug 12, 2011
    Portal 2 is fantastic. The humor is very well done and the things they've added to give variety to the gameplay are excellent. Portal 2 is definitely setting the bar for sequels in a year where the majority of hyped games are second and third entries of a franchise. This game is utterly hilarious and they outdo Still Alive with the new end credits song. This game is perfectly consistent throughout and has a very satisfying and well done ending. Expand
  86. Aug 5, 2011
    Simply put, Portal 2 is a fantastic game. Making Portal look like the simple tech-demo it was, Portal 2 adds to the game's universe a much more rich and in-depth story, and a multitude of new in-game elements that I thoroughly enjoyed. The story is one the most well written I've ever seen in a game. The plot twists and character developments kept me entertained the whole way through, and the ending of the game was mind blowing. The new characters like Wheatley and Cave Johnson were very well written, masterfully voice-acted, and had hilarious dialogue. The new puzzle elements were a huge improvement. Replacing high-energy pellets with lasers, and adding configurable panels, aerial-faith plates, excursion funnels, and hard-light bridges was a great choice, shifting the game focus from avoiding hazards and timing movements properly, to figuring out the puzzle. i was skeptical about the new paints in the game, but just one puzzle with them I realized how well they fit into the game. Graphically, while Portal too makes some improvements to it's original engine, it's not exactly breathtaking. No Valve games are. However, the design of the levels and virtual destruction of the old test chambers seemed very well built. Some may complain that the game is too short, being only about 5 to 10 hours, depending on how long you take to solve each puzzle, and how much of the game you stop to look at. But I found that the game seemed to be the exact right length, as I felt that if it were any longer, I would get tired of solving puzzles. The co-op aspect is truly a great experience. It's only real downfall is that playing with a complete stranger, or with someone at a different point in the co-op campaign can get tiring. Other than that, I thought that the co-op was a very fun experience. Overall, I though Portal 2 was a great game. The story was fantastic, and the new gameplay elements were very engaging. If your looking for a game exactly like the original, with little story and simple, time and hazard based puzzles, than Portal 2 might disappoint you. However, If you are at all interested in the story, solving test chambers with a friend, or a just plain fun experience, I would absolutely recommend Portal 2. Expand
  87. Jul 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 was definitely a good game. I only gave it a 8 out of 10 because it was just too similar to portal 1. The main reason that I loved this game was the dialogue. Westley was very funny, whether he was good or bad. There was so much humor in this game, that I wanted to keep playing it. Expand
  88. Jul 19, 2011
    Molhor visualizado em: criticalplayer.com.br Lançado em Abril de 2011, Portal 2 foi produzido pela Valve e distribuído pela EA. Em Portal 2 você tem basicamente que passar por uma série de quebra-cabeças usando uma arma que cria portais em conjunto com outros dispositivos e substancias especiais. Pode-se defini-lo como um First Person Puzzle. O enredo é um pouco difícil de compreender, (talvez pelo fato de não ter jogado o primeiro jogo) a personagem principal acorda de uma espécie de hibernação em uma enorme instalação de pesquisas, onde (sabe-se lá porquê)deve passar por seguidos estágios de teste para satisfazer a vontade do computador que controla o local. A jogabilidade é bem simples, limita-se a andar, pular, abaixar e atirar com a arma de portais. Os gráficos também são simples, em ambientes fechados e com poucos detalhes como os de Portal 2, não há como demonstrar poderio gráfico. Vale destacar é claro, a física do jogo. Usar portais para se deslocar de um ponto a outro, usar a gravidade como força motriz, desviar raios lasers, enfim, mesmo criando situações um tanto quanto inconcebíveis para a mente humana (e bem divertidas também), o gameplay se mantém estável, dificilmente se encontra algum bug no jogo. Apesar de ser um jogo de resolução de quebra-cabeças, Portal 2 não se torna monótono, gradativamente são implementadas novas características e situações que o motivam a continuar. O tempo para conclusão do jogo foi bem calculado, não se chega a enjoar dos desafios. Outro ponto forte, é o modo cooperativo, que teve uma grande atenção por parte dos desenvolvedores, possuindo história e personagens diferentes do single player (para maiores detalhes, em breve será feito um post à parte). Portal 2 é um ótimo jogo, pode fazer com que gamers e produtoras se interessem mais pelo estilo, que tem pouco destaque, aparecendo atualmente apenas como jogos casuais. Mas se você não tiver paciência e não gostar nem um pouco de estratégia, fique longe da entrada desse portal. Expand
  89. Jul 18, 2011
    I was not expecting much from the game when I heard about it being a retail game, as the first one was included as one of five games in Orange Box and later as an arcade title. However, this game really surprised me and had so much fun with the story and the fun remarks in it, along with the fun new puzzles and puzzle mechanics that I cannot recommend this game enough. This is a blast to play through it lasts long enough if you want to get 1000 gamerscore in it. It was a fun challenge, both in singleplayer and in coop. Coop, btw, is the best coop implementation I have ever seen in a game. This is the first time I really felt like it was crucial to work as a team, and quite fun to do so. Expand
  90. Jul 16, 2011
    Wow,this game is good. It actually makes you thinks unlike most games today. It is insanely fun,has some of the best characters in video game history,is hilarious and has a great co-op. The only reason some people don't like it is because there too stupid too figure it out or they waste their time playing call of duty all day..
  91. Jul 12, 2011
    Generally a good game, but slightly short. Overall, I enjoyed it. Multiplayer story progression can be thrown out of whack if you play online with someone else.
  92. Jul 7, 2011
    One of the best puzzle games I ever played. This sequel improves over the first Portal in almost every aspect like the puzzles and story and a lot more 10/10.
  93. Jul 7, 2011
    Portal 2 takes the legacy that the original Portal and expands greatly on it. More story, humor, a co-op mode and new things to interact with in puzzles definitely made the game a fun experience.
  94. Jul 5, 2011
    THE GREATEST GAME IN THE FREAKING WORLD! WHOEVER DOES'NT HAVE IT MUST GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS SO GREAT WHEN YOU PLAY IT! IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK FOREVER!
  95. Jul 4, 2011
    It was a little easy on the plat-former end of things but a fun game none the less. My Friend and I beat co-op in like 2 sittings on a weekend...He beat the game with achievements in about 2 days as well and we are not crazy gamers
  96. Jul 4, 2011
    Portal 2 is way too short and super boring at times, it was a cool game a few years ago but certainly not today. Portal 1 came in a cool package called the Orange Box with several other decent games, and I thought that was a fair way to sell it for $60. I'm very surprised they released Portal 2 as it's own full retail game, it's NOT worth anybody's $60, it's more of a $20 title for puzzle fans. This game should be picked up used and returned within a few days after you beat it, the multiplayer experience is just as dull. BORING! Expand
  97. Jul 3, 2011
    A game of this intelligence and creativity deserves to be praised and lauded. Portal 2 packs more ideas into one game than the rest of this year's games combined. Portal 2 expands on the unique application of portals to solve puzzles while delivering a great story filled with likable characters. These puzzles are incredibly satisfying to solve and the addition of elements like gels adds greater depth to the same. While not a huge graphical step up from its predecessor, visuals are of little importance when gameplay is as smooth and characters are as vibrant as this. Co-op is not a tacked-on feature, adding more hours to the single player campaign. With four portals at your disposal, puzzles are even more complex so the two of you will need to put your heads together. Portal 2 is easily one of the most innovative titles of this generation, a game with magic that will never age. Expand
  98. Jul 3, 2011
    A great game with a great story, and a great co op mode. Though I think this game is a little overpriced for what you get, I think it is still worth getting.
  99. Jul 1, 2011
    Definitely worth every penny. Valve are a company of gamers, making games for gamers. The amazing work put into the opening, leading directly into a desperate attempt to survive lunatics of every robotic variety builds on the short glimpse we caught of the Aperture facility in the first game. Masterfully satirical writing, dynamic atmosphere, and gritty humor take you by the collar and don't let go until your life has been enriched to its maximum potential. This title is without a doubt my Game of the Year in every category.

Finding this game resale may be a hard-pressed task, because this a keeper. I myself have two copies; one to keep, one to share with everyone I know has a 360.

My eternal gratitude to the good folks at Valve.
  100. Jun 27, 2011
    Like I said for DNF (duke nukem forever) different people have different opinions. get the demo and then see if you like it. get the full game. the demo doesn't cost money. all of you who hate the game: YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE DEMO!!!! ) :< its just a waist of money to go out and buy somthing if you dont know what your in for! (I still love the game though.) for those of you who can't finish it, look up: portal walkthrough part 6 or somthing. do not include or somthing. personaly I don't want to say I like it (even though I do) I just wanted to say its what you decide. PLS use walkthroughs, walkthroughs could save your hope in your game some day! Expand

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Portal 2 is a triumph in every sense of the word, a wonderful experience from start to finish and one that you won't soon forget.
  2. May 23, 2011
    Indeed, this is both mathematical and storytelling art-work; it teams a gripping narrative with an inventive gameplay mechanic that makes for an excellent and unforgettable ride.
  3. A huge and stunning sequel, as witty as it is brain-bendingly challenging. [July 2011, p.98]