PowerUp Forever Xbox 360

5.4

1. MikeRodgers
    Dec 15, 2008
    The visuals alone make this game worth the purchase! All of the top down shooters on XBLA have been so generic lately and sadly I bought them all :( It's great to finally get a game with some character - which PowerUp Forever has in bucket loads. It plays like a dream, it has so much depth you just constantly keep finding new enemies and getting better weapons... but I guessThe visuals alone make this game worth the purchase! All of the top down shooters on XBLA have been so generic lately and sadly I bought them all :( It's great to finally get a game with some character - which PowerUp Forever has in bucket loads. It plays like a dream, it has so much depth you just constantly keep finding new enemies and getting better weapons... but I guess that's why they call it forever :D Admittedly it's better played on a high def TV - so you can see the awesome colidascope effect when the ships grows, I don't think any game has ever done this or the crazy smoke stuff that bends to your bullets. Expand

1. It might not pick up an award for its revolutionary graphics or voice acting, but it should put a smile on your face at times and give you a teeth-gritting grimace at others.
    PowerUp Forever would have been a much different game with some semblance of multiplayer, instead all we get is flimsy leaderboard support for all three of the difficulty levels.
  3. Despite distinctive visuals and intuitive controls, PowerUp Forever still grows old before its time.