6.5

1. Oct 12, 2012
    A great step forward for PES this year, really enjoyable and definitely shows that Konami is going in the right direction. Can't wait to what their new London studio can come up with next year! Thumbs up for a great job.
  2. Jul 27, 2012
    i played it on pc and on that platform it's fully customizable so i update it monthly with new shoes balls and players. I used to play fifa as well but when i found out about pes I never really got back into fia anymore. Pes is 100% manual football... Fifa. is more pre-programmed combinations
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    I haven't played football/soccer video games that long, but I know that PES was once the "King of Virtual Football Games". After trying to recreate that onto the current generation consoles, FIFA has overthrown them, and now it is catch-up time. Many of the PES games on the XBOX 360 were absolute rubbish, but they are slowing beginning to get better. One thing that draws me to this game isI haven't played football/soccer video games that long, but I know that PES was once the "King of Virtual Football Games". After trying to recreate that onto the current generation consoles, FIFA has overthrown them, and now it is catch-up time. Many of the PES games on the XBOX 360 were absolute rubbish, but they are slowing beginning to get better. One thing that draws me to this game is the freedom to dribble how you feel. Also, it has the UEFA Champions League and Europa League. Though unrealistic at times, you get the arcade feel, along with amazing graphics. The shooting is not manually controlled as in FIFA (they are looking to fix that in the new PES 2013), but you can still score after creating certain chances and getting a bit of luck. Due to license lock-outs by EA, PES is without many real teams, but can be fixed with Option Files from private developers such as Daymos. However, to many without HDD space or internet access, the lack of licenses can be quite a bummer. Sadly, there are many unpredictable bugs in game (which lead to goals from opposition) and bad goalkeeping, but I keep coming back to it honestly because it offers itself as a "getaway" from FIFA. Simply, I like PES. Sure, there are bugs, glitches, unrealism, but it will always be there as an alternative to a currently mainstream (but very good) FIFA game. It is getting better and better every year, and who knows? Maybe next year they could seriously challenge FIFA! Expand
  4. Apr 2, 2012
    I can only comment on the career mode so far, but as far as I am concerned, there is no improvement from pes2011. The rating system is still broken, the gameplay has changed, but I am not sure it's for the better (when play goes down either wing, there is no chance of getting on the end of a cross, the ai uses the through ball less, and shooting feels less real than before) . TheI can only comment on the career mode so far, but as far as I am concerned, there is no improvement from pes2011. The rating system is still broken, the gameplay has changed, but I am not sure it's for the better (when play goes down either wing, there is no chance of getting on the end of a cross, the ai uses the through ball less, and shooting feels less real than before) . The goalkeepers are pretty useless. The soundtrack to the game is terrible.Overall I am not impressed. Collapse
  5. Feb 13, 2012
    This is the best pes since pes 6, after all the updates they finally nailed it..the only thing i desire now from this game, perhaps in the next update..i want the nets to be more tense, fix the net tension and this is a solid 10
  6. Jan 19, 2012
    pes has improved since 2011 ... but was the usual ARCADE.

The animations have improved but are still low quality, control of the players still cumbersome, cpu AI is very good and the AI is incredibly stupid goalkeepers and buggy. The shoots are done bad, the animation of the shooting is unrealistic and there is only steps 1-2, and cross animations, too little. The pace of play is very
    pes has improved since 2011 ... but was the usual ARCADE.

The pace of play is very good .. while the arbitration is unrealistic and always ready to cheat in favor of the CPU.

Graphically it is beautiful to see the many beautiful faces recognizable (but those are another level of FIFA as a quality), even if the atmosphere of the game it seems to me not well reproduced.

In my opinion, PES 2012 is better than pes 2011, but is still far from the simulation of FIFA 12 which is the best football game ever.

for 2012 will improve but I think that PES 2013 will be the usual ARCADE ... for lovers of football simulation FIFA 13 will still be there, at a glance:

by konami lost yet another challenge.
  7. Dec 14, 2011
    It feels like my girl who used to be very fat suddenly lost 20 lbs. She is still somewhat chubby in her bikini, but not looking bad... at all! I even see guys (and girls) watching her who never laid a eye on her before. That is my PES and I'm looking forward how she will look with a few 'patches' and in 2013 :)
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Best Pes IN YEARS :D. The modes are great, online especially has improved greatly. The lag issues of old are virtually non-existent, there are still a few problems with cheaters but the majority play fairly. They have online cups for each division of player meaning everyone of all levels can enjoy the game competitively. Also the master league online will keep you hooked til the next pesBest Pes IN YEARS :D. The modes are great, online especially has improved greatly. The lag issues of old are virtually non-existent, there are still a few problems with cheaters but the majority play fairly. They have online cups for each division of player meaning everyone of all levels can enjoy the game competitively. Also the master league online will keep you hooked til the next pes as will the offline game modes. A few quirks and little niggles here and there but it hasn't affected my overall enjoyment of the game. Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    The Best PES this gen, a great game and konami back on track a serious contender to rival the competition. A great game, has it's quirks but is the best PES game in years, if you love football you'll love this game.
  10. Oct 11, 2011
    On paper, PES 12 has the potential to seriously give FIFA a run for its money. The career mode in PES is way better and PES includes the Champions League and Euros. But like I said, that's on paper. When PES is actually played, it's extremely disappointing. The mechanics and AI are horrible with players randomly stopping mid-dribble and losing the ball or running away from where a ballOn paper, PES 12 has the potential to seriously give FIFA a run for its money. The career mode in PES is way better and PES includes the Champions League and Euros. But like I said, that's on paper. When PES is actually played, it's extremely disappointing. The mechanics and AI are horrible with players randomly stopping mid-dribble and losing the ball or running away from where a ball passed to them is supposed to land. Player development in the career mode is painfully slow and the training and skill development screen is kinda confusing. Scoring is also a challenge as most of the time the ball is carried up the wing, which is totally fine and normal, but then when the cross comes in it's virtually impossible to score. The cross goes to an opposing player 99% of the time.

Plus the fact that a lot of the teams and leagues aren't licensed and therefore not in the game sucks. I understand that it's not Konami's fault but it still hurts the game.

I had high hopes for this game but I ended up being very disappointed and I do not recommend this game.
  11. Oct 2, 2011
    i can mention one thing and will be enough to summit this game compared to the "other" game, no 2 goals are similar, there is simply an infinity of gameplay styles and fluidity, it certainly reminds me of the old days of PES 5, the only shortage is the defending, but once u get the hang of it, this game is very exciting when going forward, there's a mix of arcady-sim style which makes iti can mention one thing and will be enough to summit this game compared to the "other" game, no 2 goals are similar, there is simply an infinity of gameplay styles and fluidity, it certainly reminds me of the old days of PES 5, the only shortage is the defending, but once u get the hang of it, this game is very exciting when going forward, there's a mix of arcady-sim style which makes it somewhat rewarding.the animation is lacking but that's something we got used to with konami. Expand
  12. Sep 29, 2011
    The best arcade football game ever made. If the player is ready to accept PES 2012 as such then-despite the bugs and horrible-horribe keepers- he will enjoy Konami's offering. If sim is your cup of tea then choose the "other" game plain and simple. Konami decided to end the race against FIFA, at least in the current console generation, opted for mediocre animations and super fast gameplay,The best arcade football game ever made. If the player is ready to accept PES 2012 as such then-despite the bugs and horrible-horribe keepers- he will enjoy Konami's offering. If sim is your cup of tea then choose the "other" game plain and simple. Konami decided to end the race against FIFA, at least in the current console generation, opted for mediocre animations and super fast gameplay, but forgot the fix the keepers and some annoying bugs. 4 for sim, 8 for arcade so 6 overall. Expand
  13. Apr 2, 2012

1. Tighter, playable and surprisingly deep, only the stilted visuals and ability to explain its intricacies prevent it from becoming the XBW favorite again. [Dec 2011, p.106]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    PES 2012 looks and feels a lot better than it has in a long time, and has certainly closed the gap on FIFA. The only problem now is the often frustrating randomness of the game, which is both a blessing and a curse really, and the fact that the whole experience still seems rather light on alternative options to counter FIFA's glittering presentation. Back of the net – but via a three yard toe poke rather than a twenty yard rocket.
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 is definitely an upgrade from last year´s version but some of the new features are a mixed bag. For example much waited teammate control is way too complicated to master. AI is a tough opponent but as a teammate it still has some issues especially in defense. [Nov 2011]