Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Xbox 360

4.3

1. Oct 12, 2013
    This is one of those games where it gives you just enough of glimpse to see how great it could be whilst simultaneously failing to execute the overall plan.

The game suffers from several bugs and glitches. Modes have been stripped down to a threadbare minimum which is barely acceptable in this day and age (Master League). The lack of stadia and the removal of the stadium editor is very poor and i just do not buy the excuse from Konami that it all down to aggressive licensing from EA. The game gives the overall impression of being released in an unfinished state. While there is nothing new in this Konami have always had a habit of releasing games without the correct rosters for example before updating in patches there appear to be several aspects of the gameplay which just look incomplete. The goal keepers need a lot of work and manual shooting is terrible with a controlled shot function which is quite simply broken. Attackers seem completely unable to head the ball due to an incredible poor responsiveness that bears no relation to how you time your button press.

However, the game is not reducible to its bugs and there is a great deal which is awe inspiring. The game really makes you think in midfield about the best way to unlock defences. No game before has made me think in this way there was always an exploit to score cheap goals. The annoyances in difficulty levels are things that Konami can hopefully refine through a patch (AI defenders retreating as you carry the ball unchallenged towards the goal for example)
  2. Sep 30, 2013
    I haven't played a Konami Soccer game since my N64 days, back when it was called International Superstar Soccer. Aaaahhh.... That game will go down as my favorite soccer game of all time. So how does it's 2014 iteration measure up exactly?
    Well, for the most part it's pretty decent & I respect what Konami have tried to do here but it would be unfair to write a review based purely on intention so let's get back to the product as it stands. PRO EVO 2014 is not perfect. Not even close! It suffers with frame rate & control issues & yes, it's a rather barebones package when compared to what EA's FIFA 14 has to offer, yet underneath all that there's a pretty good game of soccer to be had. The play mechanics feel "evolved" and are indeed superior to FIFA 14 "on the pitch" but the bottom line is BOTH GAMES ARE SUB-STANDARD & the reason for this is quite simple: Both these companies will keep failing to "deliver" because they believe the world needs a football game each year. If they'd devoted more development time to their franchise just imagine what quality games would be possible? GTA V anyone?? With all the talk of the revolutionary new Fox Engine and other hyped new features I really wanted badly for this to be "the" definitive football game. It's not. But that's not to say you shouldn't get it. After all, what's there is better than FIFA 14, but only just!
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    E voglio rispondere all'utente ''Juventus''... Si questa versione ha della grafica superiore. Ma realismo.. nulla. Non capisco come puoi dire che questa versione merita i nostri soldi e tempo da dedicarne. Mi hai deluso con la tua mancanza di perspicacia. Vuoi sempre paragonarla con Fifa? Ma sapiamo tutti quanti che Fifa fa schifo. Dovresti confrontare questa versione con quelleE voglio rispondere all'utente ''Juventus''... Si questa versione ha della grafica superiore. Ma realismo.. nulla. Non capisco come puoi dire che questa versione merita i nostri soldi e tempo da dedicarne. Mi hai deluso con la tua mancanza di perspicacia. Vuoi sempre paragonarla con Fifa? Ma sapiamo tutti quanti che Fifa fa schifo. Dovresti confrontare questa versione con quelle precendenti come Pro Evo 2013. che ritengo io e' una versione (nonostante la grafica) nettamente superiore con realismo, reattivita' di gioco, passaggi, cross, movimenti ecc. Veramente non riesco a capire come ce la fai etichettare questo un buon Gioco. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    I would like to meet the Lead Designer of KONAMI and slap his Face for destroying a franchise beein so good.!!. its a shameful display.. i even think the guys/girls who worked on this game have never played on a football pitch its a disaster.. the same menu same online problems.. samo game modes.. nothing new.. expect the fox engine..
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    Bought it for the Xbox 360 instead of the PS3. Worth buying!! The game's much improved now, much better. The graphics are better. The game runs smoothly no glitches like PES 2013. Sorry to say this though, its good but not good as FIFA 14. Its something new by Konami. Anyways good work
  6. Nov 24, 2013
    PES 2014 tries to be more realistic and fun,however,lacks fun any fun.I recomend either the past PES or even the PS2 versions of any PES.if you want a good soccer game this year,play PES 2014.

GOOD:
    -Excellent graphics

BAD:
    -Mutilated presentation
    -Horrible modes
    -Frustrating
    -0% fun
    -The game is completely broken.
  7. Feb 2, 2014
    I think is the new beginning of PES, as we know since last 5 years the game had some specific changes year by year. For now there are lots. I enjoy this game, specially by the real way to score a goal, that's everybody know isn't easy.
    As PES fan I give them a chance to offer a new better game for 2015.
  8. Oct 24, 2013
    PES 14 is a vast improvement over its predecessors but a dated presentation and a lack of features lets it down once again as the absence of a full licence takes its toll. The gameplay is more flowing this year and the ball physics are more convincing than any version within this generation. Graphically the game is significantly better than last year but the players and their shirts lookPES 14 is a vast improvement over its predecessors but a dated presentation and a lack of features lets it down once again as the absence of a full licence takes its toll. The gameplay is more flowing this year and the ball physics are more convincing than any version within this generation. Graphically the game is significantly better than last year but the players and their shirts look very grainy and inaccurate.

The game lets itself down with an ancient presentation that would look out of date even on the PS2. The menus are quite simply dour and this makes the unchanged Master League intolerable in time.

Passing, shooting, keepers and even the refs have been tweaked dramatically which adds to the experience but there is a real lack of features here. Konami have taken a small step forward with the gameplay aspect but there is still lots to be done off the field. The future is looking better for PES but I can't help but fell EA will move forward quicker and more effectively with the next gen version. The UT and licences are a major plus that even myself; a past PES fanatic is struggling to overlook.
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    Pes has finally overtaken fifa. Gameplay is very realistic and despite a few player face issues the graphics are good. If you are worried about licensing just download an option file onto a usb, dont get an inferior game just because it has licensed teams.
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    PES14 simply gave a radically changed throughout your look. Got better, freer and more realistic. Konami managed to find my way is better now increasingly.
  11. Sep 30, 2013
    well i am so disappointed... first i was expecting to be really better than pes 2013 which i liked alot, i dont like fifa or how fifa plays and this year pes attempts to be fifa, the gameplay is just awfful... in superstar your players are like feathers and lose the ball just to be near oposing teamates, i have won some games and in all that games i never had any kind of controlwell i am so disappointed... first i was expecting to be really better than pes 2013 which i liked alot, i dont like fifa or how fifa plays and this year pes attempts to be fifa, the gameplay is just awfful... in superstar your players are like feathers and lose the ball just to be near oposing teamates, i have won some games and in all that games i never had any kind of control whatsoever...AI mistakes all over, then its the slugish movements and the players bad reaction times...

pes 2013 was great and tehy could improve on that, what they did was just kill a franchise for good, in my case, a fan of the franchises did some work on kitsever i am really dissapointed to see that konami killed the soul of the game, trading it to be a cheap copy of fifa that plays even worse than fifa does

no football games for me this year

also, framerate on a gtx 770 somtimes comes down to 24 fps....in a freakin 770gtx
  12. Sep 30, 2013
    Jogabilidade renovada e muito boa por sinal, gráficos incríveis e defeitos como qualquer outro game. Dessa vez a Konami acertou e inovou em PES 2014 que um grande jogo de futebol.
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    Cuando llegó la actual generación de consolas, los títulos PES no lograron adaptarse bien a PS3 y Xbox 360, logrando un producto mal acabado e incluso irritable para los seguidores tradicionales de la saga.

Pues bien, llega una nueva temporada futbolística y Konami quiere recuperar el trono que una vez fue suyo, o al menos recortar la ventaja para hacer dudar a los usuarios en qué título deportivo comprar. Seguramente estéis de acuerdo conmigo en que el mayor lastre que tenía PES era su motor gráfico. Gracias a Hideo Kojima y su nuevo motor gráfico, el Fox Engine, que entre otros grandes juegos moverá el próximo Metal Gear Solid.

Gracias al Fox Engine podremos disfrutar de unos partidos con una calidad gráfica impresionante. Mencionar que el graderío, los efectos de iluminación y las texturas son el mayor logro del estudio en la actual generación. Pero aquí tenemos que frenar nuestro entusiasmo y darle un palito a Konami. No tendremos partidos con lluvia, excusándose el estudio en qué no le daba tiempo añadir la física de la pelota con el terreno de juego encharcado…

Destacar que dispondremos del sistema True Ball Techque, que logrará que los movimientos del balón sean más realistas y no parezca una pelota de playa. Esto se notará desde el primer momento, ya sea a la hora de pasar o disputando el balón. Hablando de disputas, destacamos el espectacular contacto físico que ofrece este nuevo PES, con choques y entradas que seguramente os impresionarán.

news photo 33466 1380324261 zpsc19ce1ad Análisis. PES 2014

Los rostros de los jugadores están recreados prácticamente a la perfección gracias al PES ID que ya se añadió el año pasado. Pero en esta ocasión además de aumentar el número de jugadores recreados, han añadido sus movimientos y gestos más característicos.

Nos ha gustado mucho la forma que tiene Konami de ambientar los partidos, que es otro punto a destacar del nuevo PES. Antes de comenzar el partido veremos a los jugadores en túneles de vestuarios y colocarse posteriormente para que la prensa pueda tomar todas las fotos que necesiten. También podremos ver a los jugadores protestar cuando el árbitro pite el final por alguna jugada polémica vivida en el encuentro. Los cánticos de las aficiones son reales y tomados directamente de los estadios lo que hará que nos metamos de lleno en los partidos. Sin duda, las licencias estrella del juego son la Champions League, la Copa Libertadores, la UEFA Europa League y la AFC (la Champions de Asia). Por eso, hay equipos sueltos de ligas como Alemania, tales como el Bayern de Múnich.

news photo 33466 1380324197 zpsd82b2a58 Análisis. PES 2014

Hablando de esto último, Konami ha incluido la nueva característica llamada Heart, que su función es que los jugadores son motivados por el público del estadio dependiendo si juegan como locales o visitantes. Punto negativo para nuestra liga que se queda huérfana en lo que a la recreación de estadios se refiere.

Pero por desgracia no es oro todo lo que reluce, ya que encontraremos algunos puntos negativos que seguramente os irriten más de la cuenta. Será prácticamente imposible quitarle el balón a nuestro rival sin hacer falta y si lo logramos será por fallo de nuestro rival, no por mérito nuestro. Los árbitros bajo mi punto de vista son bastante tarjeteros, ya que faltas que parecen inofensivas las castigarán con cartulina amarilla.

El lanzamiento a balón parado es otro punto a discutir. Ahora dispondremos de una línea formada por puntos para apuntar en la dirección que queramos y seguramente os sea útil para lanzamientos precisos pero echaréis en falta sacar el balón rápido para sorprender al rival.

news photo 33466 1380324307 zps39eb7cba Análisis. PES 2014

El modo multijugador tampoco nos funcionó como debería. La estabilidad de los partidos deja aún que desear, con un lag molesto que influye en la disputa de los partidos. Se hace raro que a estas alturas todavía sigan pasando cosas como estas. El estudio se tira piedras sobre su propio tejado al no cuidar un componente tan importante para la mayoría de usuarios.

En conclusión, Konami ha empezado prácticamente de cero para asentar las bases para la siguiente generación, porque en la actual llega tarde. Tomamos a PES 2014 como un título de transición y es de agradecer que pongan empeño en lograr recuperar aquellos años maravillosos. Algo que tendrán que mejorar será la adquisición de licencias pero aún así nos encontramos un buen juego gráficamente muy vistoso y con unos efectos sonoros bastante logrados, con comentarios de Carlos Martínez y Julio Maldonado “Maldini”.
  14. Jan 17, 2014
    This is really bad game and not good for our mental health, I'm seriously.. This game can make us oftenly lost temper for playing this game
    Player often to frezee and just watch the ball roll when collide with other player, and goalkeeper sometimes just watch the ball go in the net
    Teriible face for some star player, this game looks like has been made in hurry mode so we can say simply this is an unfinished game, maybe for some selling reason with the competition with fifa 14
    The menu cursor so slow, looks like this game has not been done completely yet in this area
    Player reaction for passing and shooting so late so we often cannot finish a good soccer gameplay
    The menu and option in master league very simple and we lost so many good things in the previous pes 2013
    Maybe the only thing good of this game is a little bit more realistic in player and ball movement but a lot of defect and hurryness in the making of this game make this game "unrealistic"
    This is a bad game, hope konami wont make same mistake again by launching an unfinished game just for the competition with fifa
    And I dont understand why the 40 negative comment hasnt been display in this user main review display?
  15. Jul 16, 2014
    Pes is very realistic mutch better than fifa! Don't know what all the hate is about! Only problem is the team names such as Man Utd is Manchester red or something like that hopefully that changes for Pes 2015.
    It is getting better and better every year!
  16. Oct 6, 2014
    This version of PES (for xbox 360) s a step back by Konami. The graphic reminds me when we play.PS1. Every thing in this version looks very basic and they try to force us to buy a XBOX ONE to enjoy a better quality. PES13 was much better and advanced than what we see in PES14 (in xbox 360).
    Also I can't tolerate John champion & Jim beglin anymore. For god sake use another commentator with new words.
  17. May 5, 2015
    The gameplay is totally f@cked up. I play football games since 1998 (FIFA 98 on SEGA Megadrive) and for the first time I do not feel competent on Regular level. This level is basically Semi-Pro on FIFA. It is frustrating like never before. Great graphics though, but the team has no idea about the rules of the game incl. ridiculous offsides, every tackle is a yellow card etc. There are someThe gameplay is totally f@cked up. I play football games since 1998 (FIFA 98 on SEGA Megadrive) and for the first time I do not feel competent on Regular level. This level is basically Semi-Pro on FIFA. It is frustrating like never before. Great graphics though, but the team has no idea about the rules of the game incl. ridiculous offsides, every tackle is a yellow card etc. There are some games that you will loose no matter what you do and how you play, what tactics you choose, which world class stars you have in the team, it is just something decided by the engine. And why the hell would somebody like to waste his time on this game then? This new way of passing with that pointer looks more like Counter Strike or some other 1st person shooter, just ridiculous. Hope that PES 2015 has some improvement really. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    The new game engine makes the field play feel infinitely better in this edition of PES. It's a welcome and well needed change for the series. There is also a fair amount of bugs and some strange a.i but in the end PES 2014 is a sports game that is well done.
    Smart advances on pitch make the game skillful and extremely rewarding. It's just a shame that a few small niggles haven't been fixed from last year. [Issue#104, p.76]
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    If played locally, PES 2014 is a great soccer game showing that Konami took the right path for its series rebirth. But as you try getting online, countless problems arise making it hardly playable.