7.8

1. Oct 20, 2010
    Im always very wary about giving a game 10 out of 10 because sometimes it can seem like a knee jerk reaction,something new and exciting comes along and blows you away and for that brief moment its the best thing since the last best thing which blew you away and has now become a 7 out of 10 and ready for trade in.I bought prototype on its initial release and i loved it,the freedom,theIm always very wary about giving a game 10 out of 10 because sometimes it can seem like a knee jerk reaction,something new and exciting comes along and blows you away and for that brief moment its the best thing since the last best thing which blew you away and has now become a 7 out of 10 and ready for trade in.I bought prototype on its initial release and i loved it,the freedom,the violence,the graphics,sound and story all came together beautifully and crafted an amazing game with so many new features and extras it was sometimes hard to keep up.After finishing the game i did the inevitable and traded it in,i always had good memorys about prototype and that feeling i got when falling from buildings(you know the one).Having seen the game for a good price i re-bought it and i am loving it. Its suprising how the way you approach and play games changes over a couple of years, and i can now say i am enjoying this game more then the first time i had it-the graphics may have aged slightly but the gameplay remains as sharp as anything on the market.Its definatley a game that rewards exploration and doing that little bit extra ends up giving so much more.This gets the heart pumping and still has that wow factor.A definate classic and maybe a genre defining one....until prototype 2. Expand
  2. May 9, 2012
    Getting enjoyment from Prototype really depends how you're wired, and the more wired you are for destruction and all out OTT chaos the more you'll enjoy it. The game itself is fairly simple - typical sandbox stuff but with the added bonus of super powers thrown in to give you real freedom of movement around the city - nice. Combat is nothing particularly revolutionary either, but it isGetting enjoyment from Prototype really depends how you're wired, and the more wired you are for destruction and all out OTT chaos the more you'll enjoy it. The game itself is fairly simple - typical sandbox stuff but with the added bonus of super powers thrown in to give you real freedom of movement around the city - nice. Combat is nothing particularly revolutionary either, but it is good, very violent + OTT, and when you get into the swing of flying around the city and smashing the absolute frickin **** out of everything it's really hard to put down. That's what Prototype nails more than almost every other game I've played - it absolutely excels in making you feel as if you are one badass muther-chuffer. The stealth element is handled quite well too, something which fits surprisingly nicely into such a chaotic game. Slightly pap graphics aren't good on the eyes, and it can get a bit repetitive at times, but my advice would be for any fan of mass annihilation to give it a whirl. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2011
    it had SUCH an incredible amount of potential!! but all we got was a sloppy,repetitive,bland game... btw! its just another variant of another game called 'The Incredible hulk'... I mean other than the lead character & zombies, everything is ditto to the other game! thus... a lot of expectation,but minimum delivery...
  4. Dec 14, 2010
    If given an option I would have given this game an 8.6/10 but I can't, so it's a 9/10 by round up. As for the game itself, I like the way the story is constructed. You actually have to figure stuff out and it's not spoon-fed to you as you proceed. It's also interesting to note the human you is the bad guy behind all this, but now the virus you wants to kill the virus itself. How ironic. AsIf given an option I would have given this game an 8.6/10 but I can't, so it's a 9/10 by round up. As for the game itself, I like the way the story is constructed. You actually have to figure stuff out and it's not spoon-fed to you as you proceed. It's also interesting to note the human you is the bad guy behind all this, but now the virus you wants to kill the virus itself. How ironic. As for the combat...Its WICKED. The vast amount of powers and options you have for taking people is amazing and your meaty powers can take on anyone, whilest keeping in a vehicle and stealth type of gameplay while not making them bad. The only porblem sometime is that the controls can get in the way a little bit, but this barely ever happens. My only other complaints are that there aren't many collectibles to get, and the city can feel samey and bland, but that's okay because the plus points easily make up for this. Great game. Pick it up if you get the chance. Expand
  5. Aug 14, 2011
    I can only lend my support to TomB's review. I have no wish to waste more of my life on such a disappointing game, beyond meeting the 150 character minimum for this review.

The developer simply lifted the gameplay, attacks and animations from their previous and vastly superior game Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, then constructed this mess with a minimum of effort, assets or testing. Destroy exactly the same base 20 times over, try to understand the incoherent yet bland plot. The challenge lies in finding a way to enjoy this.
  6. Apr 27, 2012
    This game is just amazing and very addictive I just love this game so much and enjoy playing it every single time. The entire game is fantastic I strugle to find any fault in this game maybe as keep playing I might find a fault in the game but at this stage this game is just perfect and so very addictive
  7. Dec 23, 2011
    If you want to feel like you truly have superpowers, buy this game, it blew me away, I've never gone into a game and come out so impressed. Story is great, controls are well thought out and although simple, they allow for user skill as opposed to button mashing.

I can't wait to go play some more. I suspect that some people will find their enthusiasm drained more than mine by the shallow enemy gene pool, but even they're bound to get swept away by the myriad pleasures of tearing up town as a ghoulish and preternaturally fleet-footed shape-shifter.
  2. One of the best games to release this generation and is definitely the best game to drop in 2009 (so far). Outside of the lackluster stealth and disguising mechanic, the brutal combat, huge open-world, varied challenges, and utterly satisfying gameplay makes this a must-have title for any serious gamer's collection. Get ready to put your life on hold!
  3. The insane amount of strength, skills and powers you get in the game is amazing and the game does a great job of making you feel like you’re really in control of a truly powerful being.