Pure Xbox 360

7.7

1. Aug 2, 2011
    Great game, include a good variety of parts to build some awesome ATVs. An great amount of tricks and overall a fun time for everyone. This was a great chioce for me and could be for you too. I suggest to pick it up soon!
  2. ZunG.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Completely uninspired. Good background rendering but that's about it. It isn't a game you'll come back to again and again...perhaps not even a second time.
  3. Dec 6, 2010
    Is is one of my most played racers this gen and a truly awesome game it's non stop arcade speed and thrills frm start to finish and I can't recomend it enough I think the only people who wouldn't enjoy this is those peeps who live for simulation racers but those guys tend to be a bit strange anyway so the rest of us can play pure and have fun while they play with their spanners ha ha :)
  4. BobbyFisher
    Oct 31, 2008
    The only really positive thing I can say about this game is the in air stunts. Aside from that, this game is terrible. Once you complete the game and rank number 1 out of 100, the game just ends. Online play is bad too. I purchased this game and sold it a week later in blockbuster at a 30% loss.. It's a great rental but a useless purchase.
  5. SjaakB
    Oct 30, 2008
    This game isn't for me. Physics are too simple and I don't get any feel of speed in this game. If you're terrible bad at race games then this is the game for you. If you're looking for a good arcade racer: try flatout
  6. ApocalypseBrown
    Oct 9, 2008
    Never really played SSX but was looking forward to playing this after the demo, but is it a good game? The answer is it depends on what your after, if it's pure fun with thrills and shiny whistles then this is for you. If your a serious racer looking for depth and a challenge, then stay clear. I fall into the latter category, so after two weeks I was bored stiff. Online is brilliant Never really played SSX but was looking forward to playing this after the demo, but is it a good game? The answer is it depends on what your after, if it's pure fun with thrills and shiny whistles then this is for you. If your a serious racer looking for depth and a challenge, then stay clear. I fall into the latter category, so after two weeks I was bored stiff. Online is brilliant though, as 16 players tricking and flying dangerously over cliffs is a rush, however there is no depth in gameplay what so ever. What you get on the first play is exactly what you'll get on the last play. So either you like a fun shallow game, or you don't! Your choice..... Expand
  7. MikeM.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Awesome, addictevely fun racing game that's unlike any other racing game you've played.
  8. IP.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Very addictive one player game and fantasic online. A cross between Motorstorm, Burnout and SSX. If you loved any of those games, you'll love this!!!!
  9. PauR
    Nov 28, 2008
    Really adictive, simple to grab to play, but very difficult to master all the circuits due to multiple ways and modes. Tons of fun :)
  10. EricStoker
    Oct 17, 2008
    One of the best racers I've played since Mario Kart 64. Addictive. Fun. Insane!! A must have for any racing fan.
  11. Oct 15, 2010
    Nothing special. Limited to quad bikes. Good Tracks but can become very complicated. Especially if you just want a classic racing game. Don't bother buying unless its less than a tenner.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    I love this game, but it would be hard to put my finger on anything in this game that I could call innovative. With that being said, this game will be in my collection a long time. Although I tend to prefer games with a little more realism, I can't help but be reminded of all the years I have been enjoying the SSX series. I truly believe that Disney could take this series to the sameI love this game, but it would be hard to put my finger on anything in this game that I could call innovative. With that being said, this game will be in my collection a long time. Although I tend to prefer games with a little more realism, I can't help but be reminded of all the years I have been enjoying the SSX series. I truly believe that Disney could take this series to the same heights that the SSX series has achieved. I love the trick system in PURE and even the ATV customization. I would have preferred some sort of custom character creation but having that been omitted from the game does not detract from it's brilliance. The tracks are fun but still I would have liked a little more variety in the environments. With a trick system as exaggerated and fun as the one in PURE I couldn't help but feel that the developers could have gone even crazier with the track environments. This is a minor gripe though as this game has provided my friends and I with countless hours of enjoyment. I don't think it would be a stretch to call this game a must have family title for the Xbox 360. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is not great, I understand why some people like it, but although I like racing games this was fun but it gets boring quickly and is not worth buying. I only got it because it came as a bundle copy with my lego Batman.
  14. Oct 11, 2012
    Short, fun, relaxing. Being surrounded by games that want me to take them seriously it is a welcomed breathe of fresh air to play something where the decisions don't hold a huge amount of risk. Crashing from 150ft in the air trying to cram three tricks into a combo where you barely could have had two, only to reset yourself and go for it off the next jump is extremely gratifying. The paceShort, fun, relaxing. Being surrounded by games that want me to take them seriously it is a welcomed breathe of fresh air to play something where the decisions don't hold a huge amount of risk. Crashing from 150ft in the air trying to cram three tricks into a combo where you barely could have had two, only to reset yourself and go for it off the next jump is extremely gratifying. The pace of the game is perfect in my opinion; there was not a point where I felt that my ATV was limited or that I didn't get enough time to practice in the lower class. I think what held it back was how forgiving it was (even towards then end), and redundancy of the races. Motorstorm made you work your ass off and put down a perfect lap to win the last few events and I felt that the skill level required did not ramp up at the same pace in Pure. Being limited to a Freestyle, Race, and Spring got to be monotonous after a while but due to the length of the game I never felt like I was grinding. All this combined with some pretty environments and a half decent soundtrack made this a good one sitting game. This is definitely something to play with friends but I don't know if I would go back to it by myself. Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2013
    this is the best ATV racing game ever. late to the party as i played this game on 2011 and wow!!! its amazing superb scenery's, insane jumps, daredevil stunts and different routes. felt like riding an atv. the acceleration put to climb a sandy mountain everything is awesome. 10/10 for sure
  16. Mar 24, 2014
    Once you get the hang out of it 'Pure' is a really good game. It's challenging, but not so difficult that you give up. To me it's like 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater' meets ATV/Quad racing. You get to race, but do crazy tricks in the air. It's not just going around in a loop. To win you have to do stunts, which is what makes it very appealing. I definitely recommend this for people who likeOnce you get the hang out of it 'Pure' is a really good game. It's challenging, but not so difficult that you give up. To me it's like 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater' meets ATV/Quad racing. You get to race, but do crazy tricks in the air. It's not just going around in a loop. To win you have to do stunts, which is what makes it very appealing. I definitely recommend this for people who like extreme sports, or racing games, or just wanna try something out.

It's too bad this game didn't do better though... It might have something to do with the name and the fact that most sports games tend to have a big name attached to it.
  17. Sep 8, 2016
    Pure is a solid ATV racer.

The gameplay is good,with great controls,decent physics,and well-designed tracks with a variety of race types. The graphics are good,with a good framerate that stutters occasionally.You can also completely create your own ATV's from scratch. The sound design and soundtrack are okay. Overall,Pure is a good game that just falls short of being considered
    Pure is a solid ATV racer.

The sound design and soundtrack are okay.

Overall,Pure is a good game that just falls short of being considered a competitor in the racing game genre.
  18. Jan 21, 2017
    Bah ouais mon gars, c'est un jeu Disney... what did you expect ? répond Nicole en trempant son collagène dans son cocktail cocaïne-cola. Il s'agit en effet d'un jeu d'arcade particulièrement minable qui s'adresse au public Disney, à savoir les enfants en voie de développement et les jeunes adultes en retard de développement ou dont le caberlot n'a pas fini d'être terminé. Jouabilité trèsBah ouais mon gars, c'est un jeu Disney... what did you expect ? répond Nicole en trempant son collagène dans son cocktail cocaïne-cola. Il s'agit en effet d'un jeu d'arcade particulièrement minable qui s'adresse au public Disney, à savoir les enfants en voie de développement et les jeunes adultes en retard de développement ou dont le caberlot n'a pas fini d'être terminé. Jouabilité très limitée, répétitivité débilitante, graphismes oubliables et présentation à la Casimir. Expand

1. Gameplay depth comes from mastering the basic skills..., but none of this is overcomplicated: Pure delivers that prized "pick up and play" experience with several shots of adrenaline. [Oct 2008, p.72]
  2. It looks gorgeous, it has an addictive ‘one more turn’ feel to it, and it has a truly awesome soundtrack packed full of some seriously phat beats. At the end of the day, Pure is a shinning example of an arcade experience done right and it delivers on this with big air, big thrills, and a whole lotta dirt.
  3. The game achieves its core focus, taking you along for a thrilling ride. [Oct 2008, p.103]