8.2

1. Marc.D.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Simply put...its an unusual and utterly compelling gaming experience which will draw you in with its accessibility and stun you with its hidden depth.
  2. khan800
    Oct 14, 2007
    I've not played this game previously, so I don't know how it compares to previous versions. All I know is that this game is very addictive, always seem to think 'ok, one more battle', next thing you know, you've missed out on a night of Halo3!
  3. TonyJ.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Although one of the most expensive games on XBLA, it still chalks in at $15... less than you can get either of the current portable versions for. That's not to mention it looks better, the bugs are fixed and the include online play is a hell of a lot fun. Easily one of the best games on XBLA and probably the longest as well.
  4. JakeB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    One of the best games on the Xbox 360. Its an addictive puzzle game that has you playing for something.
  5. PrimusM.
    Oct 17, 2007
    This game is better than a lot of Xbox 360 full titles and deserves to compete with them for your money. I am one of theose people who like Bejeweled a little bit, but I don't see the point. This game gives it a context that is brilliant, making an addictive pointless game into a very fun RPG adventure where your abilities affect the very rules of the puzzle.
  6. JoeyK.
    Oct 20, 2007
    The perfect blend of RPG and stupid puzzle game for maximum addiction. I didn't realize how addicting this game is until yesterday I realized that I was playing against my will. Seriously. I decided to stop playing and ended up playing for like 3 more hours. Really, it's a great game, though. A perfect XBLA title. It's as expensive as they come on XBLA, but it's still The perfect blend of RPG and stupid puzzle game for maximum addiction. I didn't realize how addicting this game is until yesterday I realized that I was playing against my will. Seriously. I decided to stop playing and ended up playing for like 3 more hours. Really, it's a great game, though. A perfect XBLA title. It's as expensive as they come on XBLA, but it's still the cheapest incarnation of Puzzle Quest there is, and it's worth every penny. Expand
  7. ThePuzzler
    Oct 22, 2007
    If you like puzzle games at all, you have to pick this up right away. And if you like RPGs, it's even better. It's simply fun to play.
  8. BryanMcCann
    Oct 29, 2007
    very good game. I dont really like puzzle games but this is just great. the way it puts a RPG and a puzzle game into one is alsome. the only reason it did not get a 9 is some of the quests are really boring. and that it is $12 or 1,200 points so what did I do with the other $4 or 400 points I bought that fatal fury special which is also not a bad game.
  9. ThomasG.
    Oct 15, 2007
    This game is so addictive that I find it impossible to put down. The ingeniousness of the match 3 gameplay coupled with a bucket of good old RPG grind is a sure hit.
  10. TobyO
    Dec 19, 2007
    After Hexic and Bejeweled, I shunned 360 puzzle games. After all, there's no payoff, just a time-sink. By adding a twist, a plot and RPG elements, Puzzle Quest solves that dilemma. Thus, I end up playing it way more often than I'd expected -- especially with blockbuster retail 360 games on my shelf.
  11. Oct 19, 2011
    A puzzle game that is one of the best in the Genre, excellent gameplay some RPG elements mixed in and a charming story to go along with the gameplay. One of the only puzzle games I have ever played through to completion, which a testament to this game, considering I don't usually enjoy this genre as much as my favourite genres. If you like your puzzle games I can't recommend this to youA puzzle game that is one of the best in the Genre, excellent gameplay some RPG elements mixed in and a charming story to go along with the gameplay. One of the only puzzle games I have ever played through to completion, which a testament to this game, considering I don't usually enjoy this genre as much as my favourite genres. If you like your puzzle games I can't recommend this to you highly enough. Expand

1. Costly though it may be, Puzzle Quest is an undeniably and deceptively addicting hybrid. [Nov 2007, p.92]
  2. Spruced up from the PSP and offered for 10 quid, it's probably the best release on Microsoft's clever little service all year.
  3. Big, crisp graphics and online multiplayer markedly improve Puzzle Quest's oddly hypnotic blend of RPG and puzzle-game conventions.