7.6

1. May 23, 2012
    This game has a bad reputation compared to Puzzle Quest's 1 & 2 the reason for which seems to always boil down to the fact that the battle grid is a hex grid and not a square grid. If you can let mind break down the 4th wall this game is absolutely fantastic. I found myself engrossed in this game far more than the other two Puzzle Quest's. The variation on the classic Match-3 game play wasThis game has a bad reputation compared to Puzzle Quest's 1 & 2 the reason for which seems to always boil down to the fact that the battle grid is a hex grid and not a square grid. If you can let mind break down the 4th wall this game is absolutely fantastic. I found myself engrossed in this game far more than the other two Puzzle Quest's. The variation on the classic Match-3 game play was a revelation to me. For years we could only match our jewels, blocks and gems on boring square grids but this game created a deeply innovative surprisingly fun change on the same old same old. The theme was what got me interested in this game (I don't think the world has enough computer space games for casual fun) but the actual game play is why I stayed. I recommend this game to anyone who is fed up with the usual Match-3 games and also loves Fantasy/Sci-fi RPG's. Xbox Live has a demo try the Free Trial and give it a chance. Expand

1. A dilution, not a distillation of Puzzle Quest's relentlessly compelling formula. It's a game that drives the franchise too deep into niche territory, where it loses sight of the elegance and simplicity which turned the match-three genre into an everyman phenomenon.
  2. If the the old school Puzzle Quest is mega-addicting black tar heroin, then the new one is some brown weed that barely gets you high and leaves you with little more than a headache and a bad taste in your mouth.
  3. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is one of those games that will have you saying, “Just one more quest, one more battle, one more level,” and then you look at the clock and wonder where the last several hours went.