3.2

1. Sep 28, 2010
    Don't waste your money on this if you can buy Gears of War 1 and 2 for half the price. Its basically a very clunky and duller graphics version of them. In fact Gears 2 was sort of ruined for me because of the change of online to sub par dedicated servers which meant the shotgun could make my body explode across the map if an American was firing it at me but even a full lancer wouldntDon't waste your money on this if you can buy Gears of War 1 and 2 for half the price. Its basically a very clunky and duller graphics version of them. In fact Gears 2 was sort of ruined for me because of the change of online to sub par dedicated servers which meant the shotgun could make my body explode across the map if an American was firing it at me but even a full lancer wouldnt bring them down. Buy Gears 1. The onlne was much better. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    Gears of "Ewwwwwwwwww" Try the demo and you will see what Im talking about!

Sucks that I have to spew forth 150 characters. Just dont bother with this game, its a sad, sad joke!
  3. Jan 4, 2012
    I just don't understand the bad reviews about this game. I love it. It is true that is very similar to Gears of War, but that makes it good. The mechanics of throwing/launching your fighting mate (filena) are quite good. -It has a very decent cover system
    The storyline is really interesting, -The play mechanics (design) of the levels are quite interesting, -Play mechanics that encourage melee attacks mixed with fighting far enemies
    very varied and fun weapons, specially the gun-axe (not the real name, I can't remember), bad for shooting but brutal melee attack, I keep it always on my character, plus the electrocuting one, those make my permanent 3 weapons (besides the main one, that you can't throw) -Very varied levels, that change in real time, removing your cover in some difficult moments (fun). and also the game is very challenging, in the best way. -For me this game has A LOT of replay value. I just regret not having purchased it as it was launched so I could tasted the online mode, today January 2012, it is almost imposible to find online players, I just would love to try the co-op multiplayer mode (I guess it must be similar to the GOW horde mode). I even would put a higher score than 8, but being out there games like Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 I just can't. But for sure I think this game deserves better score than what is reflected here.

Try it if you are going to approach it openly and I bet you will enjoy it.

Alex
  4. Oct 8, 2010
    gears of war's lame cousin, played it, hated it, glad i never bought it. all i wanted to say but i have to string out 150 characters just so i can submit.
  5. Sep 28, 2012
    Quantum Theory is a pretty good game, but it unabashedly apes its predecessor so well that it picks up every problem along with the fun parts. Gears of War stagnated after the first hour, so QT's little quirks to the cover shooter system shook up an otherwise monotonous mechanic. Tossing a nimble AI partner across the field as an immediate flanking strategy works like a charm, lobbingQuantum Theory is a pretty good game, but it unabashedly apes its predecessor so well that it picks up every problem along with the fun parts. Gears of War stagnated after the first hour, so QT's little quirks to the cover shooter system shook up an otherwise monotonous mechanic. Tossing a nimble AI partner across the field as an immediate flanking strategy works like a charm, lobbing grenades on full auto-fire never stops being awesome, and when all else fails Syd can just run up and punch anything in the face for massive damage.

Here's an experiment: Read any review for this game and insert "Gears of War" wherever the title pops up. Every review describes issues inherent in GoW: Repetitive gameplay, shooting-range AI, concrete enemies that shrug off dozens of bullets, pretty neat multiplayer that not everyone will enjoy, mid-range graphics (overload of motion blur in Gears notwithstanding), the list goes on.

Rabid fans of Gears of War series probably expected more of the same from this title, and in this case, the shock of missed expectations has brought out a staggering number of reviewers' non-constructive critic. What most seem to miss entirely in the haste to write it off, however, is that Quantum Theory makes a clear attempt to push duck-and-cover into the background, as a component of gameplay rather than the focus. Players have the choice to sprint right up to the enemy and punch their faces off with a few well-placed team combo attacks, or run n gun with over a dozen weapons while utilizing a deadly partner who's effective when thrown from any range. To top that, the later levels add and remove cover all the time to keep up the pace and ruin any turtling strategy. Everything comes together in a mostly fun package with a few boilerplate rough edges, of the type that can only come under scrutiny now, in this era of hundred-million-dollar blockbusters designed to pocket cash from the pickiest of tweens. Flatly put, no game deserves the sort of media trouncing on display here unless it's actually terrible, and Quantum Theory is anything but.

Definitely pick this up from the bargain bin and enjoy it for what it is. And for your own good, stop sitting behind the wall waiting for the game to play itself. Quantum Theory challenges you to run into that gunfire and throw some haymakers. Get out there. Die well.
  6. Dec 26, 2010
    way to take gears of war and make it crappy. just another terrible waste of time and money cut and paste game. its almost like an anime gears. the game is also extremely slow and glitchy. i'd rather cry myself to sleep than play this.
  7. Jun 3, 2012
    dude i bought this game for 25 dollars and i tell you something it crap o rama played it for one day it collecting dust right now

worst game they engine gears of war style game play with some kind of alien thing i dont even understand i said wtf in every attack one gun look so demonic but i thought it look good but it like normal pistol gun is the lvl below 0 i think - 500 billion

is the lvl below 0 i think - 500 billion would give this rating
  8. Mar 18, 2013
    This game was virtually destroyed only because he had a strong influence of Gears of Wars. the truth is that it is a title certainly mediocre, but not for this unworthy of attention. It has a particular style that can be charming, not to mention the controls are by no means so disastrous as everyone says. the game defends well, has a charisma all its own and can be safely considered at aThis game was virtually destroyed only because he had a strong influence of Gears of Wars. the truth is that it is a title certainly mediocre, but not for this unworthy of attention. It has a particular style that can be charming, not to mention the controls are by no means so disastrous as everyone says. the game defends well, has a charisma all its own and can be safely considered at a good price. Expand
  9. Oct 15, 2010
    never finished the demo, that says all. So please don't waste money or time over it. that's a wii version of gear's. that's ugly like hell, the AI, story and even the menus are all poor.
  10. Oct 13, 2010
    Brutal, Brutal Game. Dont buy or even rent. I attempted to play this game and had to return it....from renting it. I couldn't even keep it in my house. Fail on gears copy with poor CGI.
  11. Nov 11, 2010
    This game is worse than 50 Cent: Bulletproof for the PS2 and Xbox. That's all that needs to be said, it is very repetitive, this game is a Gears of War clone, but does not execute anything properly, the aiming is atrocious, you could be right in front of a guy with a shotgun and that shot would miss. I would not even play this game for free.
  12. Nov 6, 2011
    One of the most visible Gears of War clones I have ever played. This game is not only an example of a gears clone gone wrong, but an example of how not to make a game period.
  13. Apr 20, 2012
    Worst game i have played on the X-Box 360 console. Bad Gears of War copy cat with horrible visuals, bad and extremely difficult gameplay mechanics, horrible music and terrible voice acting and a decent storyline that gets boring really fast. Luckily i got the game for only 5$ but i still feel like i have completely wasted my 5$ on a really dull and broken game. Terrible!
  14. Jun 14, 2013
    Well it's 2013 and i just finished playing this game, i got it for 20 bucks and here at least, it's a little rare.
    This is the japanese counter-part of Gears of War, it's impossible to avoid comparison.
    The game is a 3rd person cover shooter with sluggish response and some times confusing levels, the difficulty is very challenging in Normal, and almost impossible and annoying to beat on Hard. The graphics are the standard of this generation with some buggy stuff.
    The story is intriguing and the dialogue is fun and cheesy, it's one if it's stronger aspects, i really enjoyed the atmosphere and detail in the main characters. The audio is very good to add life to the in-game world but nothing impressive. And finally the most important thing; the gameplay, it takes a little time to get used to the unpolished cover system and generic shooting with a not that limited weapon variety only 4 are really useful there is a 3 combo system that tries to bound you with the Ilena (the second main character) but it feels weak and pointless in harder difficulties, also there is a throw move that sometimes come in handy but these was too little effort to define itself as a new and promising IP; you can't even turn off the auto-assist!! This was a game i tried to love but it feels empty and incomplete. I am not saying that is a bad game, but simply it's a game that you shouldn't pay more than 20 bucks. Gears of War fans and 3rd person cover shooter players should look at this as a rental or a cheap buy, tough achievements are really hard. As of this date the servers still available but there is no one playing; at least on the 360 version. Finally, i would say that this is a ugly but fun underrated game that had a lot of potential.
  15. Aug 14, 2014
    for the love of God that is not game , they wanted us to do an imitation of gears of war however did crap endured not go further this game because the game sucks everything in it is bad but all the same !!!!!!!

1. Mar 1, 2011
    Quantum Theory is a disgrace to the video game industry.
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    Unlike its namesake, Quantum Theory makes no attempt to depart from classical mechanics - it merely diminishes them. [Nov 2010, p.96]
  3. Dec 17, 2010
    A lame and not really challenging story combined with repetitive levels and replaceable characters are the key elements of Quantum Theory.