Race Pro Xbox 360

7.0

1. DaveO
    Mar 8, 2009
    Most realistic racing sim on a console, a lot better than Forza. Really addictive and enjoyable to play with varied cars and tracks. Hope they keep the series going with Race Pro 2. If you love racing games you will love this.
  2. UlfS
    Sep 8, 2009
    The first attempt at a racing sim for the 360.
    People bashing this game wants arcaderacing games and there are plenty out there, this one is for the simulator crowd, its not the prettiest, the menus are simple but effective, and there are still some bugs left.
    But on the track this one is superb, the best one yet for a console, superbly handling cars and fast ai. Almost as good as
    The first attempt at a racing sim for the 360.
    Almost as good as race07 for the pc.
    In simming the pc still rules but this one is VERY good.
  3. KaB
    Feb 25, 2009
    This is a solid simulator game with a few bugs that need to be ironed out. You can't compare this to a game like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue or Forza Motorsport 2, they are still arcade games in nature, you've got to actually work on your driving technique and be willing to put time into this game to get the most out of it. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you can look This is a solid simulator game with a few bugs that need to be ironed out. You can't compare this to a game like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue or Forza Motorsport 2, they are still arcade games in nature, you've got to actually work on your driving technique and be willing to put time into this game to get the most out of it. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you can look past the few flaws you'll find a rewardingly challenging game. Expand
  4. nikwilson
    Aug 20, 2009
    not the best game to look at!
    but, by far, the best racing game to play.
    from the feel of each car to the bumps of the track, this game feels great. put it into first person, use the wheel and its as near to driving as you can get on the xbox. again, no the graphics aren't the best but if you arwe looking at the back drops that much you are not playing the game properly......and
    not the best game to look at!
    but, by far, the best racing game to play.
    from the feel of each car to the bumps of the track, this game feels great.
    again, no the graphics aren't the best but if you arwe looking at the back drops that much you are not playing the game properly......and this is why you are not getting it!
  5. Atomic3000
    Feb 21, 2009
    Absolutely fantastc! - This game has the best driving physics on a console to date, a decent variety of race classes, and the most realistic track recreatings I've seen on any Racing simulator. All in all, fantastic Job, I did not think Simbin would pull it off, but they have just upped the bar for console racers. Forza feels like an arcade racer compared to this. The tuning optionsAbsolutely fantastc! - This game has the best driving physics on a console to date, a decent variety of race classes, and the most realistic track recreatings I've seen on any Racing simulator. All in all, fantastic Job, I did not think Simbin would pull it off, but they have just upped the bar for console racers. Forza feels like an arcade racer compared to this. The tuning options are just as you would see in Race 07 or GTR Evo. BrianH does not know what he;s talking about Collapse
  6. EganFour
    Feb 20, 2009
    Although the graphics are not the greatest (-1), the gameplay more than makes up for it. If you like pure simulator racing, this is for you. If you are more into arcade racing, then maybe not. Never have I played a more exciting race sim on XBox 360. Well done SimBin!
  7. RobM
    Mar 22, 2009
    Race Pro is not a pretty game to look at, it's career mode is extremely disappointing and repetitive and unless your race online with 8 people or less, you lose connection to the host constantly. Ok, theres the bad points out of the way, heres the good stuff. As a pure racing experience, Race Pro is the best the 360 has to offer. You know what their money has gone on. It's a Race Pro is not a pretty game to look at, it's career mode is extremely disappointing and repetitive and unless your race online with 8 people or less, you lose connection to the host constantly. Ok, theres the bad points out of the way, heres the good stuff. As a pure racing experience, Race Pro is the best the 360 has to offer. You know what their money has gone on. It's a rough as hell looking racing beast! The cars are a joy to drive and when you have grasped a car and a circuit, it's seriously satisfying. Online you can have some truly epic races and thats surely what Race Pro is about, racing. It isn't cinematic like Grid and it's not beautiful like PGR4. It's like the Caterhams you can race with in the game, it's ugly, bland and rough around the edges... but by god it's an awesome machine to drive! Expand
  8. Rhawb
    Feb 18, 2009
    Fantastic racing sim, but this will not appeal to the masses. If you're a huge racing fan, pick this up immediately - it's easily the best racing sim ever to grace a console. However, casual racing fans may be turned off by this game's bare bones presentation and unforgiving physics model. Definitely worth a shot if you take any interest in racing.
  9. TClark
    Feb 23, 2009
    This game is bound to be misunderstood. If you are a fan of more arcade-type racing games, this is likely not the game for you. I gave the game an 8 because I think that the action on the track (which I think should be weighted heavily) is fun and feels accurate for a sim console racing game. Does this game have the leaderboards and customization of Forza 2? Nope Does this game look as This game is bound to be misunderstood. If you are a fan of more arcade-type racing games, this is likely not the game for you. I gave the game an 8 because I think that the action on the track (which I think should be weighted heavily) is fun and feels accurate for a sim console racing game. Does this game have the leaderboards and customization of Forza 2? Nope Does this game look as good as GRID? Nope. The thing is, it looks pretty good (as good as Forza 2 IMO) but feels VERY good. You have to give this game more than 2-3 hours, or at least run some races at all levels of class and difficulty before judging. I am a major fan of Forza 2 and PGR 3&4. For me, GRID was beautiful and intense but just too arcadey and forgiving of a racing game, not to mention I am not a fan of drifting. Race Pro may not have the most detailed menu system or the looks of GRID but what Race Pro DOES have is an excellent feel of racing and grip. Race Pro rewards proper braking and proper exiting of turns. My first few hours of Race Pro I was convinced it couldn't provide that feedback of "feel" and grip you want in a sim racing game but once I made it past the (numb) Mini Cooper the game really opened up. If you ask me, you buy a sim racing game to run laps and not hang out in menus or stop and stare at trees along the side of the track and in Race Pro running those laps are just plain ol' fun and that is the only way I can explain it. Expand
  10. Jun 7, 2012
    This game is like a "scape" of the racing games, is funny in much moments, have cool graphics and other amazing things. Race Pro is really funny. Great game Atari.

1. RACE Pro has compelling racing mechanics when it is just you versus the track, but it has more than a few rough patches elsewhere.
  2. Its monk-like devotion to pure racing simulation is remarkable...and kind of a turn-off for the rest of us. [Feb 2009, p.80]
  3. Ultimately, if you can put up with the fact that it's aesthetically rough around the edges, you're unlikely to find a more viscerally rewarding racing experience than RACE Pro. [Feb 2009, p.78]