Race Pro Xbox 360

7.0

1. ApocalypseBrown
    Mar 9, 2009
    It isn't terrible, it's worse than that! But Eurogamer embarrasses itself again by giving this 8/10? What a corrupt joke that internet rag is.
  2. RobertA
    May 10, 2009
    Mind Numingly Boring is all i can say after trying my hardest to get through a career on this game. Every single car feels pretty much the same as the last one to drive. although i feel its quite realistic its not what a gamer wants from a game like this. Completing race after race with no joy whatsoever, and when you get frustrated you cant even do a donut or spin another car out its Mind Numingly Boring is all i can say after trying my hardest to get through a career on this game. Every single car feels pretty much the same as the last one to drive. although i feel its quite realistic its not what a gamer wants from a game like this. Completing race after race with no joy whatsoever, and when you get frustrated you cant even do a donut or spin another car out its just one big understeering corner after another. You cant even race a friend on spit screen!!! wahts that about? if i had to give some positive points it would be that it sounds good despite no soundtrack, acceptable graphics and ok choice of cars. But overall very tiresome. Expand
  3. DanJohn
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lackluster graphics, piddly menus, poor presentation and frankly, boring gameplay ruin what could have been a very unique and interesting take on driving simulation.
  4. BrianH
    Feb 17, 2009
    Totally disappointed! Got this game expecting the same kind of experience from past Simbin titles but it was totally washed out for the 360! Physics, graphics, gameplay, lack of wheels, etc, etc and very limited options! I don't get why Simbin agreed to kill one of the best ever games they had done! Very sad day!!! The biggest disappointment since Grid and they had no excuses for it!
  5. AdamWilkin
    May 21, 2009
    The only good thing about this game is the fact that you get to drive cars that are like F1 cars. You don't actually get to buy any cars in careers and there is a very limted choice of cars. There is no feeling in the career just a series of mind numbingly boring races.
  6. LuisA
    Feb 23, 2009
    Having enjoyed GTR2 on the PC I was really looing foward to this game. To my dissmay this game is PURE garbage. The driving is unrealistic as hell(nothing compared with GTR2). Forza 2 is really much more difficult to master than this one (I always drive without the aids BTW).The support for the ForceFeedback wheel is shameless (in GTR2 you cound "feel" the road, here you feel like driving Having enjoyed GTR2 on the PC I was really looing foward to this game. To my dissmay this game is PURE garbage. The driving is unrealistic as hell(nothing compared with GTR2). Forza 2 is really much more difficult to master than this one (I always drive without the aids BTW).The support for the ForceFeedback wheel is shameless (in GTR2 you cound "feel" the road, here you feel like driving an space ship). The graphics really look like an original XBOX title (and not a pretty one neither). It was supposed to be bad looking because of all the physiscs calculations going on the background but really I think my cell phone can keep up with the kind of "simulation" RacePro is doing. In conclusion, dont waste a penny on this one. I would really like to recommend this one but if SimBin thinks it can get away with this kind of unfinished product they are surely going down. Man.. even DIRT feels better than this one (specially with the wheel). Expand
  7. Aug 11, 2016
    Race Pro is a very poor race sim from SimBin and Atari.

The physics don't feel right,and the cars don't have the same responsiveness of games like Forza or GRID.The car list is extremely limited in choice.The track list is decent though. The graphics are extremely dated,and the framerate stutters frequently. The career mode is mind-numbingly boring to boot sound design and
    Race Pro is a very poor race sim from SimBin and Atari.

The graphics are extremely dated,and the framerate stutters frequently.

The career mode is mind-numbingly boring to boot

sound design and music suck too.

Overall,Race Pro is an awful racer,and there are many,many better options,both sim and arcade,on the 360 to fill your racing needs.

1. RACE Pro has compelling racing mechanics when it is just you versus the track, but it has more than a few rough patches elsewhere.
  2. Its monk-like devotion to pure racing simulation is remarkable...and kind of a turn-off for the rest of us. [Feb 2009, p.80]
  3. Ultimately, if you can put up with the fact that it's aesthetically rough around the edges, you're unlikely to find a more viscerally rewarding racing experience than RACE Pro. [Feb 2009, p.78]