6.6

1. Oct 4, 2011
    I honestly don't understand the negative reviews that this game is getting. I've been playing it a great deal since getting my hands on it and for the first time since I can remember that I've invested in a new IP and ended up with exactly what I was expecting. Rage delivers on almost every level.

I don't need to get into Rage's graphics or presentation; one look at the game speaks for
    itself in case you haven't heard id's ongoing rambling about it being one of the best looking games available. id Tech 5 shows off enough power here to impress any reasonable person. That being said, I'm playing Rage on the PS3 (that installation time was a **** and the only graphical flaws are minor but similar to those I've seen in Killzone 3 and Crysis 2. I considered getting this game for the 360 but I was turned off by the need for having to install three discs. I have the 250-GB slim model, but as someone who once had the old (and very limited) 20-GB 360, I feel the pain of those who won't have the hard drive space to install all three at once.

Audio design is just as well done in every aspect one would expect, but I'll leave it up to you to discover how great it is rather than going into detail here.

My only legitimate complaint thus far is that the checkpoint system in Rage is basically non-existent. You'll receive auto-saves at the beginning of and just after missions, but that's it. Traveling through one of the game's lengthy city stages and being sent back to outside the city walls upon death was frustrating enough for me to put the game down for a while. I've experienced this type of setback a few times already. This is solved simply enough by saving the game whenever it comes to mind, but I'm generally more focused on trying to immerse myself in the world and the action around me to worry about a feature that's standard in most games nowadays.

Also, it's worthy of a small note that this is not Shakespeare. Rage has a plot, and as some of it's elements aren't exactly new and exciting, (we've all walked out of a vault, scrounged to stay alive, and spent many hours in futuristic wastelands), the player shouldn't expect a groundbreaking narrative from id Software. I was let down by this, as I hoped Rage would be a rift in the trend of shooters with poor stories. It's not a bad plot, it's just kind of there to get you from A to B.

Other than my minor gripes, Rage is everything I wanted.

Enemies are just as brutal and resourceful as we've heard, as Rage features some of the best enemy AI I've ever seen. Mutant thugs dodge your reticule when you go ADS, downed foes crawl to cover as they bleed out, etc. I've already been forced to do some encounters twice (see ****y paragraph above) and can confidently say that other than perhaps boss battles, no two encounters in Rage will ever be the same.

The arsenal available to the player is also impressive, if not comprised of elements that have been done before. Four weapons can be hot-mapped to the right trigger/R2 menu, with additional weapons available in the game's in-depth and useful Inventory system. Two assault rifles, two shotguns, a pistol, a sniper rifle, a rocket launcher, and yes, a crossbow, are among the main tools that deal out very convincing damage to opponents. Each weapon has various firing modes and ammunition types. Coupled with Rage's stellar opponents, mixing weapons, ammo types, and equipment is what makes the combat fun. It's very much the player's game, and it generally rewards creativity with success in combat.

Driving across the wasteland has been surprisingly fun and deep to this point. It easily outdoes the fragile and clunky controls of the go-karts in Borderlands. Vehicles are waiting to be unlocked, their weapons upgraded, their bodies painted, and bonus powers are available to turn the odds on the bandits who always outnumber the player.
    id obviously has a lot of faith in their vision for Rage's vehicular combat. Races and unlocking new vehicles are key components of progressing in the campaign. Also, traditional FPS multiplayer components have been scrapped and replaced by Twisted Metal-like car combat. It's not a venue of endless entertainment, but it is a fun break from traditional shooters and is much deeper than most will be expecting.

I firmly believe that reviews have been unfair to Rage. This is, in my opinion, a perfect example of a game that is fun despite some abstract number some critic picked out. The presentation is gorgeous, the gameplay is tight but expansive fun, and this game does just enough right to warrant a return to the all-too-familiar apocalypse setting.

Rage isn't a masterpiece; it's a vision.
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    Boring. Banal. ID fails to deliver either coherent story or strong gameplay. Carmack has lost his touch in pursuit of $$$ and no longer cares about making good games. Avoid this turd.
  3. Oct 4, 2011
    Beautiful graphics.. Sharp Sounds. States of Art.
    RAGE is great mixture of Quake II and Bioshock. first 30 min, maybe boring. but when you reach some 'So Many thing to kill zone'... you'll never gonna miss the truth. you're playing idsoftware's game. Full of blood on screen, Shotguns running out of ammo, Explosion... and the new head popper. wingstick
    Maybe some COD kids will HATE this
    game(lack of cutscene and too much blood and gore) but i believe many of people will like this and love it. Oh you think Storyline is bad ? you should go play some torment over and over again. this is a shooter game. everyone knows. Expand
  4. Oct 5, 2011
    I wasn't going to get this game, but after some careful thought and watching many trailers and game play videos, I decided to go out and give it a shot. I do not regret it one bit. This game is amazing. The graphics, sound, setting, ai, animations, mechanics, everything looks, and feels so good. Any fan of post-apocalyptic games needs to give this game a try. Any fan of shooters will not be disappointed, the enemies are always behaving in different ways, allowing you to utilise your entire arsenal in many different ways. The driving is a welcome addition and I found it a very enjoyable way to get to your quests. I've heard a lot of bad things (from critics and gamers alike), mainly in regards to story, but with a solid set of mechanics and awesome location and graphics, a less than awesome story is fine with me (I've only played 3 hours, so I am unable to give my own comments on the story). This game is definitely worth the money and you will not regret your purchase! Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    Rage is a spectacle and it's everything I hoped it would be. Rage combines shooting and rpg elements to truly create an amazing experience. Rage is definitely the best looking title on consoles to date and if you have a pc that can run it your in for a treat. Rage isn't all about graphics though, ID has taken care to create an immersive story. The characters in rage are animated perfectly and there are lots of characters that will stand out in your mind long after you finish the game. The atmosphere is simply stunning in rage, from the wastelands to the ruined cities. At it's heart rage is a shooter but, it also does a lot more than most recent first person shooters have done. Anyone who enjoys exploring, shooters, rpg games, and story driven games should really give rage a go. Expand
  6. Oct 4, 2011
    This is a really fun shooter. It's not anything ground breaking but it does deliver in a solid shooter with interesting mechanics that add up to a great playing experience. The game is easily one of the best looking and running games on the xbox 360 with nearly running around 60 frames per second the whole experience. Controls are the same as COD and feels a lot like COD while playing in an open world. The story is lacking and you could care less about most of the characters in the game but it's a very fun game. While this game isnt perfect the game play is a solid fun experience thats sure to be entertaining and stands above the average shooter. Expand
  7. Oct 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not played yet, but put 10 /10. An absolutely stunning looking game. But more than that, Rage is an excellently crafted and well-polished FPS / RPG. And to be honest, I could try and tell you how certain aspects are similar to other games, but that just wouldn't give Rage its proper respect. Rage is its own beast, and it is a beauty. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2011
    RAGE is one of the best looking games I've ever played with an amazing attention to detail and some incredibly fluid animations. Unfortunately this is the only good thing I can say about the game.

Story is bland with terrible pacing and one incredibly anticlimactic ending. Then again I wasn't expecting a good story from ID Software, but what I did expect was good gameplay which the game
    unfortunately doesn't have either. The campaign takes about 6 hours to complete which seems to be the standard for FPS games these days. Several parts of the story forces you to go through previous locations you've already been to with little change in gameplay. Outside the main story there are a few bland side quests where you once again find yourself forced to backtrack previous mission areas.

The game features your generic assault rifle, rocket launcher, pistol, shotgun etc. You also get some toys like turrets, remote controlled bombs, electrical bolts and a few other things. You'll never find any good use for these though except when the game sets it up for you. You can also have different vehicles which you can use to compete in races that are incredibly easy to win. Winning a race lets you upgrade your vehicle but there isn't much of a point to it unless you enjoy killing the same generic vehicles when traversing the otherwise dead wasteland.

Overall RAGE is a great looking game with bland gameplay and too little content.
  9. Oct 5, 2011
    The graphics are good when they work. This is totally a console port. Screen tearing, loss of textures, very limited graphics options - well actually, you only get resolution, AA and something else. Well that shows how exciting this game is.

There is no rpg elements really just a standard FPS which would be ok if the graphical glitches and other issues were not so pronounced. Talk about
    porting a game without actually checking its compatibility. People everywhere are having the same issues that I am.

I suggest waiting for id to release patches to hopefully make this game what it should have been instead of releasing a cheap knock-off...
  10. Oct 4, 2011
    RAGE is creatively and mechanically bankrupt, and isn't that pretty. Shame coming from ID I expected something decent but they seem to have fallen flat.
  11. Oct 4, 2011
    Started playing today using my almost 2 year old Alienware M15x laptop and the game dynamically adjusted to my hardware level and still looked fantastic delivering a solid 59 fps. So far so good, didn't get to share the hardware problems that the AMD crowd had at launch but I hear thats all been taken care of. Kudos to ID for getting on the ball.
  12. Oct 6, 2011
    This game while beautiful engine is lacking in almost every other area.

It just seems like a Fallout 4 Technology Demo. The whole time I was playing its short campaign I was thinking - so that is what Skyrim and Fallout 4 is going to look like.
  13. Oct 5, 2011
    One of the best games this year.High quality fallout-like gameplay.Graphics are beautiful,gameplay is addicting.There are many things to do.Shooting mechanics are awesome.
  14. Oct 4, 2011
    This game is amazing! I didn't want to like it. All I heard from the directors were, " It isn't an RPG, It isn't an RPG." And the only thing not RPG about it is you don't level up your character directly. You accept quests, level up your armor, level up your guns, level up your equipment ( which may be the best and funnest equipment of any game yet) You usually decide what you do and don't want to quest, and it also has an amazing racing game built into the "not RPG" shooter. If this had the role playing label on the box, I wouldn't disagree. The graphics are over saturated, but still impossible not to marvel over. Like the Red Real movies over Blue Ray, this game is insanely beautiful. The gunplay is tight and responsive, and the wingstick may be the best thing to happen to an FPS since iron sights. Every button is where it should be on the default setting. The AI is unique, smart, and responsive, especially on the higher difficulties. The enemy actually frightened me by sneaking up on me a couple times in the opening "tutorial" levels. As much as I didn't want to like this game, it is a gem. If you like awesome graphics, compelling sound, tight gameplay, shooters, RPGs, Racers, than this game is for you. If you like Mario Cart or Madden, look elsewhere. Thank you Id, for being badass again. I can only hope more devs use Id Tech for their games before we have to buy a new system. The current gen is finally coming into its own, and Rage is that definitive proof. Expand
  15. Oct 5, 2011
    I've really been blindsided by all these low reviews for this game, it's pretty fantastic and I honestly can't understand how anyone could connotate it as bad. Great FPS mechanics mixed with a strong RPG base, makes for a fantastic game. Trolls will troll I guess.
  16. Oct 6, 2011
    Rage is one of the BEST FPS in 2011 definitely, although it has some texture in PC, but now it has some workaround that solve over 90% problem. the texture is low resolution when look closely, but during normal gaming time, the visual is really AWESOME, every place is unique, not other games have many repeat environment.
    Rage wasteland is one of the best art in all FPS till now. the mixed
    setting between hardcore FPS and RPG is very good. Play feel like hardcore FPS, but has some RPG element, the RPG elements don't infuluence the shooting feeling, this game is still a fast moving & shooting FPS, I think Rage is a awesome for hardcore & old-school FPS gamer. The fallen of Duke Nukem Forever make me feel maybe this type FPS could be vanished, but the coming of Rage make me feel so happy, I bought rage during steam QuakeCon sale with DOOM & Quake pack, I feel this is a very worthy deal.
    If you like some different and innovative FPS game, I think Rage is a good choice for you:)
  17. Oct 5, 2011
    Probably the most disappointing game I've ever played. After months of anticipation, all id can muster is a lame knock-off of Borderlands and Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong, Rage is full of polish and technical merit, but it is so uninspired that you are constantly followed by the feeling that you've been there done that. Disappointingly, with each release id puts under its belt, it seems that their focus shifts more to delivering a technical knock-out rather than innovative, original gameplay. Expand
  18. Oct 5, 2011
    Completely bug plagued on PC. Total crap. CAN NOT believe id released this. A huge waste of time, not to mention money. Was this even beta tested? Inexcusable. It's experiences like this that drive gamers to pirated software. How can I get my money back?
  19. Oct 5, 2011
    This game is a prettier Bioshock, without the compelling narrative, and if your only Plasmid were a decapitating boomerang. Add Borderlands to taste. It really is something to marvel at, though, and its connection to Breaking Bad doesn't hurt, either.
  20. Oct 24, 2011
    After playing through this game I feel the need to write a second review, since I have lowered my original score of this game. This game proves you can't teach an old dog new tricks. This game would have been amazing 10 years ago. Today it's just boring wrapped in better graphics. First let me clear up any misconceptions about game content. There is none. Boasting three discs... this is not because of content, hours and hours of missions. The first two disc are for the single player, the third disc is for multiplayer. "But two disc is still more than most!" you cry. Sorry, the discs contain the graphics, not missions or quests (I played through in a leisurely 10 hours). Yes this is an amazing looking game, you're driving along and see a giant ocean going ship completely stranded in this wasted desert. You can see that people have been using it as a place to live, you can drive up to it, get out and walk around it. Unfortunately you can't go in and explore it. There is nothing to explore outside of the "cities", most places you encounter you can not enter until you have been given the mission by an NPC. Load screens... are you F'n kidding me? Why do we still have these? If you can travel from one end of an open world to the other like in Red Dead Redemption without a frikkin load screen, why do they have them in this game ruining any immersion? Oh yeah, the guys at Id are still using 15 year old game and level design, just with prettier looking graphics. The story is almost non existent, boring, and ends abruptly making no sense. You never even meet or battle the main bad guy... I suspect this might be to leave room for a 'RAGE 2', though there is ZERO chance I would even pick up such a turd used. This game is also extremely buggy. I have fallen through the bottom of a map several times mainly using the garage lift in subway town. Even after installing all three disc to my harddrive, I still have to switch between discs when moving to the new areas (or multiplyer) which also boots me back to the dashboard. WTF?! I'm giving this game a 4, and that is being generous... Expand
  21. Oct 5, 2011
    I can't believe some people giving this game a zero.Take it from a hardcore gamer this game is the real deadly the gunplay is tight the shiniest move so realistically the graphics are unbelievable at 60fps.the only thing its lacking is a story such doesn't matter cuz you'll just want to shoot stuff.It wont make goty with all the great games coming out but this game should not be missed.for the record im playing on the 360. Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2011
    I am in love with this game. I was one of the lucky few gamers on pc who (and always) bought an Nvidia card. So for me the game looks great and plays great. I do get some screen tearing but it's not enough to deter from the game. I'm enjoying it so far and I personally think other people can too. ID tried something new and it feels good to me. Sure it's not the greatest wasteland game out there but i'm having a good time. Expand
  23. Oct 6, 2011
    It sure is pretty and set in a supposedly open world - but the story is still linear and completely devoid of any real choice (or even the illusion of). The game feels uninspired, reeking of that "been there, done that" feeling. When I think of "the wasteland" I still think of Fallout - not Rage. Sorry id, your game is kinda boring.
  24. Oct 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rage was a huge disappointment for me. After waiting nearly 2 years after I heard about it I got a gorgeous looking game with a short campaign, horrible multiplayer and not enough content to re-play.

The graphics are really nice. The environment and models are well done. It runs at a good frame rate and I never noticed it lagging. The outside sky is beautiful environmental lighting is good. Didn't notice many particle effects or flare but the surrounding environments made up for that. Character model were good. but in light of L.A. Noir I expected more from a game that is 3 discs (on XBOX).

Sound is was solid. Nothing to knock your socks off but the weapons had distinctive sounds. Character voices for teh most part were well done. All major characters were believable and well acted. Minor characters and NPC didn't have much to say that was unique. Minor NPCs often repeated their lines and failed to move any story line forward.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of the story line, there wasn't much there. You wake up from hibernation after a asteroid impact has decimated the earth. We have seen this before. There is a new ominous group trying to rule what is left of the world and you fall into the role of savior. As I played I wondered "why should I care?' and I still have questions about who I am, where I came from and why I was awakened. This all leads to a a VERY ANTI-CLIMACTIC final battle that honestly wasn't as tough as some mid-campaign battles. The game abruptly ends with a 15-20 ambiguous cut-scene and then the credits roll. After playing on "Hard" difficulty setting I felt like iD just kicked me in the nuts. I expected a message saying "Thanks for paying $60 to participate in a 10 preview of Rage 2".

The multi-player is vehicle based, no DM, TDM. Awesome idea for a FPS! Overall I just feel disillusioned. I think that iD needs to step back and figure out what made them successful. Hint: It wasn't teh iPad. Maybe John Carmack and crew need a dose of humility and realize that they aren't the gaming gods they thought they were, They days of gamers scooping up half-baked games and content at full price are coming to end. There is too much competition in the FPS genre to be just OK.
  25. Oct 6, 2011
    Awesome game! Good graphics, good sound, good racing, good AI, impressive arsenal, amazing shooting! Thanks id. Go Doom 4 and Rage 2 :) Haters gonna hate.
  26. Oct 6, 2011
    I have been anticipating this game since seeing it at quake con 2011 , and pre-purchased the game through steam. I believe they tried to take on too much the race car game and fps in one, as one review i read put it without mastering either. The wasteland is not like fallout an ultimate sand box but a car game in itself. The story is absent ten hours in to the game ,and Ive yet to determine an antagonist or even a general reason for me being in the game at all. You get quest complete in three minutes rinse and repeat. I will shelve this game for dark souls today. Graphics is the only reason i gave any points at all. Expand
  27. Oct 10, 2011
    I had really high hopes for this game. Right from the beginning this game drops the ball, taking a world that looks amazing and turning it into something completely mundane. It's like waiting your whole life to drive a Ferrari and realizing all you can do is drive it from one end of your street to the other, at 15 miles per hour. It's clear that id tried way too hard to go out of their comfort zone into RPG territory, without understanding what makes a person invested in the story and the characters. The missions in this game are about as fun as going to the grocery store to get food for a party you're not attending, returning home to find you've forgotten something, then going back to the store to find it closed. The shooting environments look cool but for some reason they had the same voice actor voice all the enemies in a particular area, saying the same dumb things to himself over and over. This game suffers from the same condition as Duke Nukem Forever: a situation where the development team has rested so completely on its laurels that they have ignored what has made the great games over the last 5 years great. If you're looking to buy a new game in this style, I'd actually buy Dead Island and then Deus Ex over this. Dead Island is actually quite fun for how simple it is, and Deus Ex has some cool ideas implemented in a somewhat dull story. Or you could buy Fallout New Vegas, ignore the somewhat crappy visuals and spend 50 or so hours poking around the wasteland until Skyrim comes out. Expand
  28. Oct 13, 2011
    Thanks to the exceptionally high standard of animation, RAGE feels great. Every bullet has an effect on the enemies, and so every shot fired feels as satisfying as the next. Mutants swing from the ceiling and walls, launching themselves at you with knives and maces, only to be shot in the face by your rocket-loaded shotgun with astonishing fluidity. It's a shame that almost everything else in RAGE is flawed, from the blunt characters and "story" to the lifeless brown/grey environment; you will travel around the wasteland in your bricks-for-wheels buggy, attempting to complete trivial side-quests like collecting parts for a damaged car or finding a gun in a prison, yada yada yada. If anything, RAGE is substantial proof that even the most pointless and uninspiring of games can be considered entertaining, so long as it is executed properly with backing from a big-budget publisher. Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2011
    Meh. That's how I'd sum up Rage. It's got pretty decent graphics, but there's a lot of texture pop-in, which is distracting. The pacing and the controls are both too fast. You walk faster than you run in a lot of games so I'm constantly "walking" past buttons or items to pick up -- this can be really annoying in combat. Same goes with the aiming -- too fast, too touchy. There's no weight to the story, you wake up, are rescued and then five minutes later are killing large quantities of bad guys. As far as the setting goes, it's generic wasteland stuff. Everything is made of junk and there are mutants and bandits everywhere No depth or breadth or backstory that a Fallout game gives you. It kind of has a "jokey" feel to it, which I think takes away from the Post-Apocalyptic setting the game is going for. Honestly, it feels like a less fun version of Borderlands. And I didn't really like Borderlands too much. The one thing I will say that is that id sure knows how to model guns - they all have a good feel and weight when fired, so as far as that goes, they've done right. I was expecting more and am somewhat disappointed. I'd say it's a good rental or a good used purchase 6 months from now when the price is halved. Expand
  30. Oct 6, 2011
    Make no mistake, this is not an RPG, it's a shooter, plain and simple. It offers some fun game play with some RPG-like elements (quest-like missions, crafting, minor bits of exploration). The driving is reasonably fun and well handled considering the digital controls when using keyboard/mouse. As a shooter it's not bad in the least. It has tight controls, the guns all have a reasonable "weight" to them, and the enemy AI is pretty good at dodging and moving in a manner that offers a reasonable challenge to shooting them. All topped with a good (though perhaps at times a bit cliche) story.

The negatives I've seen tend to be one of two issues: No control over much in the way of graphical options, screen tearing, and texture pop-in. Or people who simply don't enjoy the game play mechanics. These are reasonable issues though the first couple issues come with some caveats. Id Tech 5 engine was designed to be auto-tuning to performance. If you're pulling maximum frame rate it'll load larger textures, use better shaders, etc. But I can totally see where people might want to keep control over these things and sometimes sacrifice a bit of performance for better visuals, or vice-versa. Screen tearing is pretty easily resolved by forcing triple buffering and v-synch in the drivers. Despite the lack of video options and control, the game looks terrific on a GeForce 570 and runs smoothly. The shooting is fun, controls work as expected, and the story is engaging. The downside to the graphics is that most of the objects in the environment are static, no bumping into chairs and knocking them over for example. Even small things that you could easily kick are immovable. That aside, the game's great, well worth the purchase for any shooter fan.
  31. Oct 13, 2011
    Not worth your money. Unfortunately. Rage looks good. Well, anything upwards of 10 meters away from your character looks good. Close up unfortunately the mega textures reduce everything to flat garbage. Piles of blood, gore and body parts are nothing more than 1 single low poly object with a flat texture. no sense of depth at all. There are only 2 great things about the game: visuals in a distance and lighting. Gamepaly wise it fails on pretty much every level. Guns feel underpowered for the most part and the gun audio is shocking (akin more to can-opener than an instrument of death), with some sound effects actually being delayed and not playing until a second after you fire the damn thing. Pacing is terrible, and there is never a sense of threat. Face 2 enemies in a corridor and take a lot of damage? no problem, back up around a corner and go make a cup of tea. The 2 enemies will still be there 30 min later, happily hiding behind their prescribed boxes. Why chase you afterall? They seem to know that you have to go past them. Being sent to the same locations over and over again also is not a good thing. About 1 hour into the game i stopped doing any of the pointless side missions to avoid re-traversing the same bunkers over and over again. Cash, items and ammo did not seem to be a problem anyway. AI behaviour, while not strictly bad, is severely limited. It seems that AI use control points to a very strict and limiting degree. with a set radius and cone of vision - nothing will change their behaviour and if you see a section more than one (due to death) you will see them behave the exact same way every time.
    Death is another matter. The game has no checkpoints during action and the game only autosaves when loading new areas. It seems like the developers only realized that this might be an issue when they were close to finishing. so they tacked on some sort of mini revival game, which only resets every 10 min or so. The short of it: save a lot or don't die. Overall the game tries to do too much. I think they aimed for a mix between Bioshock and Fallout. Nothing it tries to do, works well. It's completely middle of the road, and sub-par in a lot of aspects. A lot of people complained about texture popping (which is insane on the xbox), but for me the biggest problem is simply that the game is not really fun to play. It does not grip me, i don't feel like i want to play it. And if i die and forgot to save, i have no problem switching the game off and not playing it for a few days, rather than repeat the last lame section. I was actually quite glad when it was over, and if i would not making it a habit of finishing games i buy, i would have stopped about 1 hour. Because after 1 hour you know pretty much what's what!
  32. Oct 6, 2011
    Overall: this game's single player campaign is short. very short. This is not Fallout 4.... it's barely Doom 3. What's good: graphics are cool. the animations are outstanding! the characters emote like a pixar movie. One this this game does that I never see in games is a full-body performance from the character. The characters will emote and pound on the table for emphasis, or play with their glasses - it's a joy to watch.

Graphics:
    the whole thing seems very uneven, the graphics even go from a Borderlands style illustrated painting look to a hyper-realistic. some things are beautiful and some things look like someone drew on it with a magic marker. The characters and costumes are all done brilliantly, I found my self striking up conversations with every Tom Dick and Harry in the game just to see the wonderful animations

the shootouts are fun, but all very predictable and no real re-play value. the driving combat made me long for BorderLands... it's really much better in this arena

Gameplay:
    I was sold a open-world sandbox game. Rage is not that. It is a very linear shooter where instead of being lead down claustrophobic corridors in Doom3 you are lead down claustrophobic canyons with a view of the sky. there are only a handful of areas and there is no real emergent gameplay
    I feel cheated, mislead.

Listen to Dean Devlin:
    Dean Devlin once said something like, "if you order Pizza and you get Chinese food, it doesn't matter how good that Chinese food is - it's going to be a bad experience"

So, take it from the guy who made movies that looked cool but never really delivered (Independence day, Godzilla, etc.) and apply his experience this game that looked cool but also never really delivered
  33. Oct 7, 2011
    Rage is a wonderful game, provided the experience is different from most FPS's you see out there. The races are an incredible part of the game that makes the experience in playing it is even more incredible. The setting is one thing that deserves congratulations, because although the story does not ponro be the stronger of the game, not even wanting, soaking in the world of Rage is wonderful.
  34. Oct 8, 2011
    This game is a huge let down. It's an obvious console port, and an extremely poorly done one at that. If you can manage to get past the severe and widespread technical issues that plague this game for a huge portion of PC users, it's nothing more than a short, linear, plain shooter than lacks the substance of FPS games from the past five years. Do yourself a favor and save your money, this game is just a tech demo for Id's new console engine.. Expand
  35. Oct 12, 2011
    The graphics wow you for about half an hour and then you realize this is just a shallow game with a gash story & 100's of repetitive mini quests. Going to go back and play Resistance 3 now.
  36. Oct 11, 2011
    This is a visually stunning game, that has a lot for everybody. That being said it has it's own host of problems, namely hit detection is beyond horrible, you can be lined up with your sniper rifle 300m out and with the sight directly on the target and hit nothing but air.The guns are equally as accurate when fired from the hip, there is no sway at all when looking through the scope.AI characters running into walls, then flailing about for minutes after they die. But the absolutely worst part for me was the ending. It's just stupid, anti-climatic, answers no questions, no final boss to fight and then the credits start to roll (which is in fact is the only way you will know the game is over.).
    I've played worse games, but I definitely hoped for more out of this game.
  37. Oct 17, 2011
    The wasteland motif is becoming tiresome- no matter what the framerate is. RPG elements are weak, and quests are repetitive and monotonous. Customization of character, weaponry, and vehicles is shallow. Replay through your Borderlands or Fallout until BL2 comes out.
  38. Nov 26, 2011
    Nice graphics, gun play seems a bit old-school but there are some nice gadgets to play with. Overall not a bad game but with the recent release of some very high quality titles it does not really have anything to make it stand out. Its still a decent enough game but might be worth waiting for it to appear in a sale rather than paying full price.
  39. Oct 22, 2011
    The was an extremely disappointing release. When you start the game you are impressed by the visuals and game mechanics. It soon becomes clear however that it is nothing like Borderlands and is far from open world like many previews led us to believe. The weapons are great and the drivings pretty good but that's where it ends. This game is very linear - you go from A-B and back, you cannot wonder from your mission and explore. And that's it. Its very basic and very easy. You require materials to build things such as door grinders - these are always made available when you need them so that's no challenge. Borderlands came out over two years ago and is still are far better game. All in all a great idea badly executed. Expand
  40. Oct 7, 2011
    I think this game is really good and don't see where all the negative comments are coming from. Its like a mix between fallout and borderlands. The campaign is not too quick at all especially if you take into account all the side missions and races etc... and those complaining about it not being an rpg well that's what fallout and skyrim is for, we don't want everything to be an rpg. Although that being said there are actually rpg elements to it, such as upgrading vehicles, armour and weapons. My only negativity is the graphics just don't seem to load quick enough which is unnoticeable once you just get on with the game (might even be just my console, which is a slim btw). I for one love the game and am glad I bought it. especially considering I got the anarchy edition! Expand
  41. Oct 11, 2011
    Awesome. Don't pay any attention to the 12 year old reviewers. Before playing the game you need to re-adjust your expectations. This is not Fallout 3. The closest game I've played to this is Bioshock, but bigger!. There, expectations reconfigured, we can now enjoy what is an excellently polished, gorgeous example of what a modern shooter can be. The mechanics are quick and easy to use putting you in control of fire-fights and rewarding you for finding new tactics and ways of killing. My only negative is a slightly confused pace. The missions can sometimes feel a bit sparse, with enemy's coming slow and unsteady; making me wish it was a bit more full on a frantic at times. The vehicular parts are fantastic, if a little basic, people expecting anything other than an arcade shooter will be disappointed. It's meant to be a speed freak, sight seeing jolly. There are lots of little nods to previous Id games that won't make sense if your 12 cos they happened before you were born! To be honest, although it has many hours of gameplay, I can't see much replay value... but I like it, it's the best game this year. Buy it. Expand
  42. Oct 10, 2011
    This is pretty and that is the one thing it gets right. It was meant to be a console or pc barain. You can't change the key layout. The game was released knowingly with PC flaws.
    Wait until it goes on sale.
  43. Oct 7, 2011
    An incredibly beautiful game. While the desert wasteland apocalypse open world theme seems to be commonplace in games these past few years, Rage stands above the rest. The attention to detail in the world is astounding. Everywhere you turn the environment looks like a painting. I did not know it was possible to take the standard "brown and bloom" FPS template and make something so beautiful.

You will spend half the time in Rage shooting from a first person perspective, and the other half driving one of 4 vehicles with a myriad of upgrades. Both of these control styles work extremely well with the Xbox 360 controller. Its id, so I knew the FPS controls would be fine, but I wasn't sure about the vehicle controls. Truth is, the vehicles control better than games that are nothing but driving games. The driving has been compared to the Motorstorm series on Playstation 3, this is not a fair comparison, the driving in Rage is miles ahead of Motorstorm.

The "open world" and "RPG" aspects of Rage are very minor, and hardly exist at all. Exploration and character building were clearly not what the developers spent all of their time on, and I feel the game is much better for it. It's really hard to call it an RPG at all, the only things you can really upgrade are your guns and vehicles.

Rage is an amazing first person shooter that stands out from the crowd.
  44. Oct 6, 2011
    Honestly the most fun and impressive shooter I have played in a long time. That Id game feeling shines through brilliantly and the new tech is magnificent. No other game can capture the feeling of a shotgun blast like an Id Game. This is obviously an xbox 360 review area but as you can see there are numerous pissed of pc gamers doing their best to spoil the fun for everyone. I also game on pc and plan to get this on pc and hopefully by then any problems will have been resolved. Don't listen to them, this game is awesome. On the xbox it is fantastic. I'm sure once the technical problems are resolved mostly with drivers the pc version will shine just a brightly for them. And it is working for most. I feel the need to talk about the posting by those pc gamers who are just immature. Expand
  45. Oct 8, 2011
    the sisko is a dicck, tryin to be controvesial doesnt make you clever. also probably a pc player that hates consoles and this game has been in the works for years so chasing the buck is hardly a relative comment.
  46. Oct 7, 2011
    I did not know that much about Rage before playing it. I had no real knowledge about the universe it's set in or the tech used to create it. Gameplay is bad, at best. Shooting feels dodgy and it is clear that whoever developed this did not spend enough time playing on a console. The idea of having to hover over items with the crosshair, in a console game, in order to pick them up is just plain stupid. Save functionality is in a few cases broken. I've had to replay the entire intro sequence (video, tutorial and all) just because the game did not have any proper autosave functions once I set out on my first mission. Audio is far from good or even acceptable. The game features clicking loops, dull ambiences, non-existing reverb and too few variations on repeating sounds. The few sounds they've actually used in the game have a very odd spectral print with lots of irritating and ear fatiguing high frequency noise. Just listen to the "sparks" from broken electricity equipment as you wake up in the ARC. Vehicle sounds are to embarrassing to even go into detail about. I've been riding a buggy that sounded as exciting as normal mosquito while driving.
    All of this was however not what bugged me the most. What annoyed me the most was the fact that whoever did the artstyle for this game couldn't settle on whether or not to make it a serious and scary game or something with a clear comedic ambition to goof around. Music is intense and trying to deliver some tension to a scene but as soon as a bad guy appears he has animations as if he'd been taken from a poor modern comedy cartoon. It just doesn't match. At all.

I would not have been proud to have my name on the credit list of this production.
  47. Oct 8, 2011
    Rage breaks no new real ground as its just another FPS. It has very little rpg elements. the story is meh...actually its go here do this come back when your done. which seems like it would get monotonous over time but the blend of driving and gun battles makes the game a joy to play. story isn't everything. as long as what your doing is fun and ID software was able to pull the fun factor off and do it, with gorgeous graphics and awesome sound. this is hands down one of the best looking games on the 360 Expand
  48. Oct 7, 2011
    Technical difficulties aside (these are quite easily fixed after all), this is a pretty great game. Looks fantastic as long as you don't go too close to anything, then it's a blurry mess. Play the game without scrutinising every texture and it looks great. One of the best environments I've ever experienced in a game and despite the post apocalyptic thing, not a hint of brown! In fact, the colour palette is quite varied. The characters and enemies look excellent and some of the animation is breathtaking. The sound is of a decent quality; some very good voice acting, meaty weapon sounds and some good incidental music...but overall nothing to get that excited about. Gameplay wise, I feel like the game could've been slightly more open than it is, but there's still a lot to explore. The car handling during the driving sections can take a bit to get used to but the game really excels as a FPS. Weapons are well balanced and the extra ammo types give the action another dimension. Taking out enemies is extremely satisfying with heads and limbs exploding in showers of gore you'd expect from id software. Unfortunately the game engine doesn't appear to allow the player much interaction with the world. While most games will let the player destroy unimportant objects in the world or climb allover the scenery, Rage wont let you. This leads the player to feel a bit disconnected from the world. Overall, the only issues I have with the game are plot (ie. it's not very good), technical problems (most problems are sorted thanks to the fantastic PC gaming community) and the lack of really feeling part of the world. The pros far outweigh the cons though so I'd highly recommend this. Expand
  49. Oct 9, 2011
    Yes, Rage does feel a lot like the love child of Borderlands and Bioshock but is that really such a bad thing? Rage combines these two great games and takes them to the next level with some great AI and extremely satisfying gunfights.

As for the texture loading, it's no way near as bad as that of GTA IV, a game where nobody whined about texture loading, and really isn't that noticable
    (I'm playing this from the DVD's and not a HD install). Expand
  50. Oct 10, 2011
    Simply awesome. Cant believe some of the bad reviews. ID have returned on top form. Finally a video game world that you can believe - no repeat assets etc. Sure it struggles a bit in places on the 360 but graphics tech has moved on a fair bit. We need the new 360 asap
  51. Oct 11, 2011
    Say hello to the best looking game on modern consoles, unfortuanately its gameplay doesn't match its visuals. This is a perfect example of style over substance. ID nailed the graphics and didn't do anything new. If this was any other developer I wouldn't be as critical but this is ID. These guys INVENTED the FPS!! and this is not an evolution as much as it is the ultimate refinement of the old school quake formulas. ID does try to appeal to modern audiences with mission structure and side quests etc. but it's been done so many time and so much better by so many games that RAGE comes off feeling like a borderlands clone without the RPG elements that made that game so much fun. It's a very solid shooter with beautiful graphics but nothing more. As an old schooler I wish I could say more but that's the plain and simple truth. I had way more fun with Dark Souls and Forza 4 and that's just the truth. The best rental of your life though. Expand
  52. Oct 7, 2011
    Endlessly fierce, RAGE sticks to its motherly roots of id Soft, with classic, yet next gen innovative gunplay that makes your apocalyptic journey a gunsblazing adventure. id really took AI development to the next level where you actually feel and fear AI as a threat and not just a target to shot and walk past, the variety of items you can utilize to your survival or death can be critical and miscalculation of consumption can lead to certain mini-game encounter which in a way, tense and not so "this is annoying". Yet, id's master piece isn't something for all gamers, like the DOOM and QUAKE eras, there were those games and there were Mario and Zelda. it is in a away, for those who understand what bad ass id classic is all about. Expand
  53. Oct 6, 2011
    I can't understand why this game would get any negative feedback. The gunplay is tight, the vehicular portions of the game are a blast. And the graphics are unbelievable. Sure this game is not reinventing the wheel, but what it does is take the best of so many worlds and adds a brilliant polish to it. Do not listen to the haters.
  54. Oct 8, 2011
    Best graphics ever! I don't know who is giving this game 80s but I don't think they are playing the same game I am. Of course it's going to be blurry if you zoom on an object. All games do that.
  55. Oct 9, 2011
    Played this game for 8 hours and I'm really enjoying. Don't listen to screen tears as that is only on PC, on Xbox 360 this game plays amazingly, uninspired Multiplayer could do with some TDM or CTF but overall a very good game
  56. Oct 9, 2011
    Posiblemente será el mejor shooter del año en modo campaña, por novedoso y creativo, con esto lo digo todo. Me aburren ya todos aquellos juegos que triunfan en el mercado simplemente por el mutijugador.
  57. Oct 10, 2011
    This game is so much fun to play. It has driving in it, rpg elments, and it's a fps. It combines all of these things perfectly and gives everyones a great experience. The only bad part about this game is that it's only 8 hours long(main missions only). And the story isn't that good.
  58. Oct 11, 2011
    It's a good game with some interesting new weapon combinations and an interesting art style. Most of it takes the form of find a person, get a job, perform the job, and return to collect reward. There are some nifty specializations and vehicles to drive, but nothing quite groundbreaking. It is a fulfilling game to play while BF3 beta is over and the week before Arkham City comes out.
  59. Oct 10, 2011
    Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake... Rage. The gap between id's latest game and the classics which came before is more than just temporal. There's a noticeable difference in quality. A beautiful engine is marred by ridiculous texture pop-in. Fun gunplay is dampened by repetitive fetch quests. A refreshing (for id) new world is tainted by the fact we've played similar games like Fallout and Borderlands. For every positive, there's a negative and this is what makes Rage a letdown. It could have been great, but it'll have to settle for good. Expand
  60. Oct 7, 2011
    Do not listen to any of the bad reviews, they have clearly not put any effort into making the game run on their system. Be it your hardware is outdated or you haven't installed the new drivers, made a config etc So far i have played RAGE for 5 hours and i have to say its just amazing, the graphics are neat, combat is action-pumped and the driving is just pure cool. The whole design for the game reminds me of Borderlands which for me is just a big plus, having main missions and side missions to complete for extra rewards and while you're at it scavenge for money and items so you can craft your own ammo or even sentry bot/turret.

Combat makes it so much better, you really feel like playing an ID game, the guns are amazing and the different types of ammo are fun to use though you really want them to survive certain enemies.

Traversing the wasteland in a vehicle of your choice, one that you have pimped out with weapons and more boost from winning races is just a great feeling, killing off any bandits you meet to gain some extra cash.

What impresses me most is the graphics, more specifically the characters, they have so much detail and the animations are just amazing.
    The voice acting is spot on and it just makes you feel like the world is really alive and some characters you can't wait to go back and talk to.
  61. Oct 7, 2011
    If you are one of those people that cares only about graphics and never play more then 30 minutes of any game this is the best game in the world. If you are one of the very few that plays games through and care about the whole package its a good game, not great. Nobody likes to read too much so I will sum it up, its like Fallout 3 with much better interaction with the world and characters but minus the leveling and RPG elements plus a light sprinkling of boarderlands. Expand
  62. Oct 6, 2011
    Whoa.. I am not going to sit here & type a book on how awesome this is! but dang i love this game & can not put it down!! Excellent Graphics! Fun Characters & lots of content to keep you excited & Busy. HAIL TO THE SENTRY BOT :P
  63. Oct 9, 2011
    The game is pretty when you don't move, else it's just texture and props popping in & out... But imo, the graphics don't do much in a game, so I won't count it in my rating. Story wise, well.... Really vast, lots of possibilities, but in the end, you have countless of questions to ask (in fact, you have a lot right at the beginning but even after 10 hours, no answer...) & the lack of dialogue makes it really hard to understand everything the game is about... Imagine Mass Effect without the interactions with all the characters, it would loose a lot. Now, the awesome inventory... who can carry 20 explosive RC cars, 6 guns (sniper, rocket launcher, machine gun...), lots of junks & still sprint like this? I mean, how can you qualify this inventory system "awesome"? Oh, I forgot, you can combine things to make other things (explosives + RC Car = explosive RC Car, YEAH!!), it really adds a lot to the game (sarcasm....). Let's talk about the uber awesome AI, they dodge your reticle, delaying your shot by a second (they dodge only one time...), else, they just run at you, or take cover until you kill them in an headshot, never seen an AI that good in a while (sarcasm, again). I won't talk about the sound, its decent for a shooter, but not that great, look at battlefield to hear how it should be done. I know I do a lot of comparison, but hey, ID made it for the money and it's business, and business means doing things better than the others, which in this case, is really bad. If I recap quickly what I've experienced (yes, I finished the game, in hope of having some clues about what was going on...): 1. Good graphics when you take screenshots. 2. Good story, lots of potential (jk, it's the same as fallout/borderlands and other folks, but without their pros). 3. Races, I liked it (see the rating? where did you think the 2/10 came from?), it was fun at first, but became boring unfortunately >< 4. You can't ask questions, just go where you have to, kill everything, press some buttons, then come back. Repeat. (sometimes you just have to go somewhere, and do the process again and again, when you're changing your "questing zone"). 5. The final mission. RAGE 2 INCOMING, when you get there, you'll certainly be like "damn, 20GB for... that?". 6. No level editor as of now (unlike they promised....), but will certainly be included in a 20$ dlc which will include multiplayer game modes, vehicle skins and some others things console gamers are willing to buy. 7. After finishing the game, I still haven't delivered the Mind controlling thing the scientist made for the resistance, I have no idea why the arks will save the earth from the authority, and why/how the authority apparently made mutants (elizabeth talked about using them as a weapon, but no one knows in fact > Expand
  64. Oct 9, 2011
    This could have been a great game .... had it actually run on Steam, had decent graphics, a strong story line and an adequate ending. Unfortunately, it had none of the above. For $60, it sucked.
  65. Oct 10, 2011
    A great game that is worth your time. I am genuinely surprised by all the bad user reviews (PC issues aside). First, the graphics and the art style are amazing -- it's like playing in a comic book. The environments are gorgeous and detailed, and there are lots of nooks and crannies to explore. There's a huge variety of activities to undertake -- gambling, racing, exploring, fighting (of course). I'm particularly addicted to finding cards for the Magic-esquse collectible card game. The story is interesting and filled with memorable characters. The animations are a joy to watch. From the mutants that leap from walls and hang from door frames to the friendly NPCs you'll meet along the way. Enemy AI is good and provides a challenge. Melee enemies will dodge in unpredictable ways while ranged enemies will often fall back to regroup. The Open world provides enough freedom to give you a choice of things to do, while not being pointlessly large and empty just for the sake of being expansive (if you notice, in most "open world" games, you never even bother with 50% of the terrain except for traveling through it to your next 2 minute long "mission".

Personally, as a long-time gamer whose first shooter was Doom, I loved some of the subtle conventions in this game. Your character doesn't talk, you can carry as many weapons and other junk as you want without annoying inventory management, and enemies take more than a few hits to bring down. Your mileage may vary. of course.

And I didn't even touch on the multiplayer, yet. The racing is a fun diversion and the co-op shooting levels are challenging and fun. There seems to be so much content in the main game that it's an unnecessary addition, but it provides added value.

Rage is essentially an old-school shooter with some roleplaying elements (no pointless leveling, etc., though) and an open world hub area containing lots of different diversions. Think Bioshock + Borderlands + Fallout 3. If that appeals to you, pick it up!
  66. Oct 18, 2011
    I have to state up front that I am generally a big fan of Bethesda. I have loved all of the Fallout games and can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls installment. So I Really bought this game off the back of their name. Sadly I feel quite let down. The game looks BEAUTIFUL - really well crafted, but ultimately it's way too short, the game play is way too formulaic and generally I feel quite let down by playing it. The driving is rubbish, never once was I challenged in the races, and the shooting is not all that hard either. When I finished the game I really couldn't believe that that was it all - that that was the end if the game! Such a shame. 3 discs and about 1/4 the length of Fallout. Not good enough Expand
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    Without a doubt the best looking game on consoles. This engine would make a fantastic Fallout game, which is a game Rage borrows heavily from. Unfortunately, the luster fades fast once you realize the linear nature of the game makes exploration pointless and oftentimes impossible. The enemies aren't really engaging, just obnoxious in their behavior, and the boss battles are strictly an 8-bit affair. Vehicle mode is capable but unnecessary and after several cheap deaths a many hours lost due to a totally arcane save system put this game firmly back in its case. Expand
  68. Nov 30, 2011
    After playing this game for the first few hours, I really couldn't get into it, and if I were strictly to give the game a review based on my first few hours, it would easily reach the lower end of the scale. Some of the shooting and characters felt bland and uninspired, but the voice of John Goodman, was an interesting choice for the role of Dan Hagar in the game. However every time I encountered this character, all I saw and heard was John Goodman, I couldn't picture for the life of me, the character and what kind of person id software was trying to represent, because as it turns out, that the personalities of the characters are stale and bland. I didn't feel I could connect with any of them, so any missions that I did as part of the story, were fulfilled, but purely just so I could get on with the game. HOWEVER, the graphics are phenomenal, and running at 60 FPS, it was quite an astonishing feat to observe. Sometimes there was the occasional texture pop-in, but that also seemed to vanish when I installed the game to the 360 hard drive. The driving sequences are a mixed bag, sometimes the driving and shooting when getting from one place to another, works fine. But during races, due to sloppy handling and a horrible camera, makes the whole thing seem like an afterthought. The open post-apocalyptic world is interesting to look at. The AI is as expected from a game of this era, enemies know your presence quite quickly, and act accordingly. They duck and cover appropriately, and when realizing that there is no defeating the protagonist, they retreat or call in further back-up. Having the main character not engage in dialogue is an odd choice. It disengages me from anything he does. There is nothing about him that makes me relate to him, and I feel that its a poor choice. I've come to expect this from any game that id Software has had involvement in, but I hope that this will change with the release of Doom 4. However, this is a decent game. The shooting works fine, and sound design is alright. The guns shoot and fire as you'd expect. Neither good or bad. Towards the end of the game, I found myself quite enjoying the game, despite its flaws. When I had fully upgraded everything about the character, had all the cool gadgets, weapons and schematics, I found that the game was really a blast to play. And having numerous bullet types for the various guns really spiced things up during combat. All in all, a decent shooter. PROS:
    + Fantastic graphics
    + Great weapons, and crafted creatively
    + Good AI
    + Interesting mini games
    + John Goodman

CONS:
    - Subpar character personalities
    - Terrible driving sequences/camera
    - Predictable gameplay
    - No protagonist dialogue - At times, boring combat, especially towards the beginning
  69. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love this game,but the storyline was the problem that made the game suck and there needed to be more missons and exploring.There are easter eggs hidden one's at a bedroom in ghost clan territory press a button that pops up and theres 1 in gear head vault and a few more. Expand
  70. Oct 28, 2011
    An awesome looking game with some solid shooter mechanics that begins to grow tiresome about 3/4 of the way through the game. While Rage isn't a game of the year contender like a lot of people thought it would be, it is still a really fun game that shooter fans should give a try.
  71. Oct 26, 2011
    RAGE is a pretty good showcase for what the id5 engine can pull off but the gameplay isn't all that special. I love the atmosphere and the towns have some well animated and voiced characters. Looking forward to see what this engine can do in the hands of a developer who can flesh out a story and gameplay more.
  72. Oct 8, 2011
    Rage was not on my list of games for 2011 until a friend suggested I watch the trailer. The movie intrigued me and I bought the game. NO REGRETS!!!! The open world can only be described as gorgeous. AI is pretty good, FPS is spot on and the environment is immersing, believable, and grips you from the start. I would have given this game a perfect score except for a couple subtle issues. #1 the guns sound tinny or a bit off pitch and #2 the game does not have a cover system. I hope that Elder Scrolls and some of the other games coming out this winter can compete with the gameplay, AI, story and environment provided by Rage. Kudos to ID for a great game!! Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    I will say I love the FPS in this game it brings back strafting and close combat and the RPG elements it has is very cool, and the action that is drivin in this game the sounds and how it is slightly scary at times. BUTTT I do no like the whole durby thing and racing and then the muliplayer is drivin just for racing that I think is stupid. one thing that bothers me is the graphics cut in and out like i will come into a area and everything will get blurry then the graphics come in. Expand
  74. Oct 11, 2011
    Rage is a very long awaited project by id software and seems like an attempt to show again their mastery of the booming genre they created. Although the technology and the game is all very impressive, there are some surprising shortcomings for such an experienced developer. Rage is without a doubt a good game, even a great game, but it falls short in some areas. The game starts out highly addictive, continuously feeding you with new gadgets, tricks, ammo types, collector cards, guns, and most importantly; stunning environments. The gunplay is in a linear environment but a wide and deep selection of devilish toys at your disposal against very well designed enemies and AI will distract from the fact that the game is hardly "open world". id Tech 5 is a very interesting engine compared to others. It seems to host unlimited textural and geometric detail and the environments are more detailed on the XBox 360 than any game I've ever played on my high-end PC (I purchased it for XBox because I didn't want to have to wait for the outrageous install and update times the PC version has) and it all runs at 60 fps on console as opposed to the standard 30 fps. Personally, I would have liked to see some more dynamic lighting and other effects at a framerate of 30 because although the detail is unparalleled, the lighting itself is very bland and boring. Rage doesn't use LOD or model swapping, which completely confuses my conventional wisdom of polygon engines. Despite the amazing tech, the actual visuals are hit or miss. With the engine offering so much more detail, it raises the demand for detail that much more on the artists. Some areas, especially Subway Town, are possibly the most graphically impressive scenes in any video game to date. Other areas (mainly indoors) are bland, colorless, and unimaginative. It's easy to tell which zones had more artistic direction/attention given to them. The game itself is distinctly separated into 2 parts. The first part is, as I've already mentioned, highly addictive as the reward for missions comes in the gain of numerous new and addicting toys to play with. The second half introduces absolutely no game elements, completely abandons all RPG elements except for buying and selling (which also takes a hit as you begin to find so much you don't need to buy or sell). No new enemies are introduced, and the story is quickly rushed to a bland and unimaginative ending. The story is very cliche, but I can't deny the level of atmosphere present in certain moments. This game is all about the shooting, and it works very well. Enemies are very well-designed and unique and have impressive AI, and every type of ammo and every gun (except the sniper rifle which is outdone in every way by the pistol of all things) feels totally unique, and crafting is yet another reason to explore the nooks and crannies of the openly linear world. Racing is disappointing and feels bereft of any skill. The actual races are designed to keep the person who starts in first in first until he wins, and the rally mode is a **** of vehicle nonsense. It's a pretty disappointing multiplayer feature and won't keep me coming back, but the rewards for racing in the campaign are very enticing. Ultimately, Rage is a great game and very well-designed. It only falls short on inconsistencies in every major area throughout. The high-points in Rage are memorable and easily earn my recommendation. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    the story is just an excuse to send you from one arena to another, the gameplay is repetitive and boring, there is no shooter competitive multiplayer only coop, and a stupid boring racing game,the story last 6 hours, it doesnt have story, it doesn't have gameplay so why should you buy it???
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    An awful trite game, with cliche characters , and a storyline, that is lacking in content, depth or meaning. The controls are pathetic. The lack of free space, cities, and side-quests does not help a game that claims to be an RPG. When I looked on the box artwork, I was expecting Fallout, in a whole new dimension, what I got was Call of Duty, with a tiny deviation from the standard linear gameplay. That's is to say the graphics are spellbinding, of the next generation. But the fact of the matter remains, that games aren't based on graphics. Games are based on content, and while I admit there was one or two moments of compelling action, the rest of the mechanics failed to appeal. I can only award 3/10 Expand
  77. Apr 5, 2012
    Rage is about as much of a non-emotional experience as I've ever had. Whilst 80's arcade games lacked a story or depth they often provided excitement, whilst 90's RPGs lacked graphical pizzaz or superb asthetics they made you to care about characters and surrounding events, whilst 00's stratergy games took some time to get into they give you a great sense of satisfaction and feeling of challenge - Rage however stimulates you about as much as a wet fart does. It's not bad by any means, the controls are fine, the graphics are good, the overall game is, well, OK......but that's it. There's no stand out moments or instense feeling of excitement or satisfaction, there's just a few good ideas stuck in a mixing pot with the usual FPS elements and the ultimate end product is a rather dull one. Gripes I do have include a totally out of place driving element to the game, which just puts you off even more as it really breaks up the FPS action in a bad way, and the overall cartoony feel to the game feels out of place and nowhere near as immersive as Fallout 3's. Add to that a very short campaign and I can't see any reason to buy this. Bland and kinda pointless. Expand
  78. Oct 14, 2011
    Great visuals, ok gameplay. It does feel like Quake, but without the original grit of that series. It would have been a score better and possibly a hit had it been 100% co-opable like Borderlands. This game isn't exactly an rpg, but it has light RPG elements. The junk collecting to build things is less than intuitive, dealing with vendors who are sprawled out in a town isn't really fun. Once the game gets going though, its good. But not great. Expand
  79. Jan 6, 2012
    I have decided to alter my score, since I have played through the entire game, and now have a much better and open opinion on it.

The game does have potential, however the story was too short, and the game despite being open ended, doesn't give you an incentive to explore, infact there is no where too explore, since you'll end up visiting everywhere during the main story.

As for the
    graphics, I have seen better. The so called "Super Textures" were not super. They were good, but as I said I have seen better.

Also I feel the game placed too much emphasis on racing rather than shooting, and there is no equal balancing between the two. The shooting segments are good, and they are challenging enough but not to the point of frustration.

Overall if you are expecting a fallout(ish) game then RAGE is not for you, it's way too linear to be considered fallout(ish). If you like racing games then it's worth taking a look at.
  80. Oct 12, 2011
    Rage is extremely engrossing and endlessly addicting, until you start to realize it's all a facade. I'm a big fan of this game, and I enjoyed it immensely. My complaints are legitimate though, and held me back from giving it anything higher than an 8. But make no mistake, this is a very solid 8 of a game. You will not walk away from this thinking, "what did I spend my money on?". I've just recently finished the single player campaign and figured I'd weigh in, so this doesn't concern multiplayer. The atmosphere is amazing. Level design and art direction are some of the best. Even when you retread an area, they seem to make it fresh again. It's oppressive walking through some of these broken down, dank areas anticipating an enemy attack. The gun play is top notch. At 60 fps the action flies and the enemies are pretty intelligent. They are certainly the most unpredictable enemies you will face in any shooter. Very resourceful, and agile. The best thing about this game is the bullet impact. Every shot you land seems to directly translate into an enemy animation, and it's very satisfying. There were no less than 5 stand out moments in my opening hours with the game where I literally killed an enemy and said "whoaaaa" out loud because of how cool and unexpected his death was. Even 10 hours in, I landed a kill that I may never forget. I was moving through the sewers below town and was faced with a pack of mutants. I backed into a room and began firing at them and taking others out with my wingstick from the small room. The final enemy jumped into the doorway, suspending himself in the frame with his hands and feet and just kind of hissed at me. I threw a wingstick at him, which severed his head. His head fell to the ground below him, and his body landed behind it in an almost seated position. It was so f***ing cool I had to pause the game and contemplate whether they had a team of amazing animators, or if they use some type of physics based animation system like that seen in Read Dead Redemption.
    At the end of the day, I deducted points based on linearity, repetition of mission types, and a story that only half heartedly tries to materialize in the last half of the game. In particular, the last mission of the game is fairly pathetic. It almost feels like the developers were just trying to get this game out of the door. It plays out like a typical mission, the challenge is low, and just when you think you're on to something - it's over. For the first disc of this game I was decided it was a 10. By the time I began disc 2 I knew it was working its way down as things became less impressive. At the end of the day, it's a stellar game and a shooter that any fan of FPS action can't afford to miss. Lastly, the driving action is surprisingly entertaining. It's not a perfect game, or the game they had been promising us, but it is worth playing - if only for the superb shooting mechanics, animations, and gorgeously realized world.
  81. Oct 12, 2011
    Rage is great from the beginning, right when you put in the first disc. The vistas are gorgeous, but the graphics system likes to continuously shade and blending. This technical hiccup is easy to overlook, only because it doesn't take from the experience. The story starts off strong, but fizzles off quickly and is only a distant memory by the halfway mark in the game. The gameplay is very solid and it's very responsive. The gunplay and driving segments both work great, but the latter seems like it was tacked on. The game could use more enemy types, and the AI is laughable at times. The PRG elements that are entailed in the game are handled very well, and the inventory system never feels too crowded. Every item that can be used, traded, or dropped is nicely labeled for easy decision making. Rage may not be the strongest or best game this year, but what it does is give a very solid game that people can enjoy. Technical hiccups and quibbles aside, Rage is a very solid game released on the Xbox 360. Expand
  82. Oct 20, 2011
    Read my full review @ http://majamaki.com/2011/10/rage/. Rage is a fantastic game when you focus on the heart of the game which is the first person shooting. To me the racing part could have been dropped, and just add more quests to kill mutants and bad guys. The gun play is tight, fast, and frantic with a good amount of variety in enemies to keep you on your toes.
  83. Oct 22, 2011
    Post apocalyptic is an enviroment Bethesda knows well. The game contains some interesting elements such as road races, cult weapons, nice dark tribes, all bundled with impressive graphics and sound. However the game falls short when compared to other Bethesda titles such as Fallout. The story is very linear, the enemies keep coming until you run out of ammo, and the biggest disapoinment of all is that one would expect the big boss at the end or at least a challenging opponent.

I am disapointed because it had all it takes to make a best seller, yet its not.
  84. Dec 23, 2011
    I honestly liked this game. Storyline started off good, but was a bit lame in the end. But if they expand on this in a sequel then I could forgive this. Driving was surprisingly smooth and I am not one to play driving games. It was pretty fun. Weapons were nice but very limited in options. Enemies were not bad but need to have more voiceover options and sayings. Graphics are incredible. The only real downside is the game is just too short. If it was a bit longer they would have hit it out of the park, IMHO. I would recommend a rent rather than a buy since the replayability is not very high. Multiplayer isn't very challenging either and is limited to racing only. Expand
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    I rented RAGE on terms of trying it out being an avid fan of all Bethesda and Id games. First and foremost this was by far one of the most beautiful games I've played on the 360. The style is absolutely stunning, as well as the detail shinning only in areas that are very important. This is a FPS, with subtle RPG elements at the core, but the FPS aspect is very well done. Killing enemies is always rewarding and challenging at the same time. It kinda brings back memories of Jak on the playstation but in FPS form. Aside from the FPS aspect there's really nothing else it offers. There's no character development, no one individual protagonist, as well as a very bland story line. You just do missions with no ulterior motive. It's pretty much a straight line right off the bat. These guys are bad, stop them.... If they rewrote the story, gave characters more interaction with the plot, added more upgrades, locations, and weapons you'd have another fallout on your hands. But this isn't Fallout or Oblivion, it's RAGE. While it looks amazing, has a very well polished shooter core, it lacks in story and character development.So I give it a 7/10 and hope this is the start to another great series. Expand
  86. Jun 26, 2012
    There are two good things about this game. One: Graphics, the graphics are amazing and look very pretty, the sort of thing I expect to see in fallout 4. Two: Graphics...wait a minute, I've said that allready. John Goodman voices someone.There.
    Apart from the way this game looks it is absolutely atrocious. It is boring, the quests are uninteresting, you can't even murder people like you
    could in Fallout. After the first few hours I felt drained playing this game and admiring the games visuals would no longer cut it for me. I have not finished it and do not intend to. Anyone who would dare to argue that I have not played it all and can't give a fair evaluation I would say this in reply: You don't need to finish eating a bowl of **** to know you don't like it. In reality the smell and appearance of the **** would put you off from even trying to eat it, but this game... it's like a decorated attractive **** if there is such a thing. Expand
  87. Nov 21, 2011
    Rage is, by far, one of the best looking games ever made. When I first emerged in to the open area, my jaw, quite literally, dropped. I stood in amazement at the vista in front of me.

However, after that moment, my expectations, which may have been to high, were not met. The shooting mechanics are great, as is expected from the creators of Doom. Every bullet you fire at an enemy impacts
    them by either making them stumble, watching them flinch, etc. Each weapon has its use and can be fun to experiment with. Needless to say, id made a great shooter.

Just like the enemies in game, they stumbled a bit though.

The areas, even though beautifully rendered, often amount to grey and brown. There are a few good times where your jaw will drop but I did not want this sensation sometimes... I wanted it always. The characters in the game are shallow, and I did not find myself interested in any of them. They are simply quest-givers, and the quests they give are also not very fun. They amount to going to an area you have to explore, grabbing an item or planting some dynamite, then going back for your reward. The story was short, and there isn't that much replayability in it either.

The car racing, if an odd choice, works well. It is fun to drive around and shoot others, but it is a bit shallow. I found myself using the same strategies to win NPC races and it got boring after a while.

Then there's the multiplayer. Oh, the multiplayer. I expected a mode where I could shoot my friends, like in every other shooter, and enjoy it. I did NOT expect or want a strict car racing/demolition game. Rage has great shooting mechanics and I wanted to see that in multiplayer. There is a co-op mode where you go through scenarios that are only mentioned at in the game, but this is not enough. I was extremely disappointed in this aspect of the game.

Rage is beautiful and is a great FPS at its heart. If it simply had more interesting characters, a better story, and a multiplayer that is worth playing, I would have given this a much, much better score.
  88. Nov 23, 2011
    RAGE was a masterpiece in one art-form only. Graphics. I've been a long-time fan of both Bethesda and id and when I saw that they were going to make a baby and name it RAGE, you bet your ass I was on the gift registry. Looking at all the gameplay videos, you see a beautiful world filled with nasty enemies, heavy weapons, and more FPS then you can shake a stick at. Let's dig a bit deeper to find the grit beneath the glass.

Graphics: Stunning. Absolutely amazing work on the animator's parts. Textures are clear and crisp, with the most realistic facial mapping since Half-Life 2's breakthrough. The frames-per-second don't drop below 65 in my estimation, and no matter what I'm doing it never gets hitched up or laggy. Smooth as butter. Delicious, sexy looking, well detailed butter. Yes. Weapons look fantastic, as do the enemies, but unfortunately suffer from what I call "Cookie cutter bad guys". You will see the same damn guys from each set of bad guys innumerable times. Constantly. Doesn't stop them from being pretty or awesome, but there's a lot of the same thing, and it causes concern to see 3 of the same bad guy staring at you with shotguns. Ruins the experience.

Sound: Ahh, the grit. Here we go. Vehicle sounds can be ridiculous, but I've yet to find a game with decent driving noises [save from driving games]. Environments have their own feel and let you know it with dripping, rocks crumbling, birds cawing, whatever needs to be heard to feel realistic. Weapons are orgasmically awesome thanks to id, who have always delivered the heavy firepower. Then we get to the true grit, which is voices of the enemies. Every-single-enemy-has-the-same-voice. Not meaning all of them in the entire game. I mean each group, like the mutants or gear heads. They are all the same person, same voice, same annoyance, same bloodstain. Gets repetitive real quick when you're just mowing down same fake russian accent after fake russian accent. Also: JOHN GOODMAN!
  89. Dec 25, 2011
    I bought this game solely on Bethesda having a part in the creation of this game--and Id as well; but, and I'm not spewing anything new here, I played a much better version of this game when it was called Borderlands. The similarities are astounding--the qualities differences are astonishing. I was scratching my head about half-way through my play through--about 6 hours. What I appeared to be playing was a DLC that both Gearbox and 2k games decided they wouldn't release due to lack of quality. Literally dumbfounded at the lack of direction this game displays and actually wonder why either Bethesda or Id would put their names on such a below average game. Expand
  90. Feb 23, 2012
    Rage is a very pretty shooter with solid controls. Unfortunately, it has nothing else. The story is terrible and the game gets monotonous very fast. The driving sections are decent, but nothing to write home about. Perhaps worth a rental, but definitely not worth buying.
  91. Dec 21, 2012
    In short, Rage is a game that delivered on very little of what it seemingly promised. The graphics and art style are really quite phenomenal, but the entire style of the game is very, very similar to Borderlands. The biggest problem with the game is that it is a very small enclosed world with very few interesting things to do in it. There are not very many enemy types, and there are only a couple weapons in the game. The weapons themselves feel quite weak and lack any real feeling of impact on enemies. To go along with what it lacks in gameplay, the characters, story, and world for the most part are all quite bland and lifeless, and there is a distinct lack of colour in the world until you get to the second half of the game. Overall, the game is just a huge disappointment, and truly does not offer anything innovative, interesting, or very fun. Don't buy the game unless you can get it really cheap, but even then, don't expect to get a whole lot out of it. Expand
  92. Apr 9, 2012
    In first 10 hours of Rage you will think, Wow this could be the best game ever. Races are fun and give you upgrades for your ride. The combat in Rage is fantastic and looting in rage can just look like rubbish but you can make things which can help you a lot. The first part of was amazing but part two of Rage just feels rushed, races,nothing changed, missions were a bit weak and the end was the biggest flaw in Rage. the multiplayer is good but not the best but still fun. Part 1 of Rage 9/10 Part 2 of Rage 6/10 Multiplayer 7/10 Rage altogether 8.2/10 Expand
  93. Aug 29, 2012
    The graphical experience and sound experience (with headphones) is well worth a rental if not purchase. Runs at a constant 60 FPS never once slowing down or stuttering. Managed to skim through the "Nightmare" difficulty setting without much problems. Starts out a bit slow but once you start battling the mutants you see where the game shines. The physics and enemy interaction are smooth and fluid. Every death is a sight to behold. Once you play the levels "The Well" and "Blue Line Station" you'll want to play them over and over again (at least I did) Just a good experience. Good to take slow and absorb the atomospheres as it seems every inch of the environments is meticulously detailed and never repeats itself. Expand
  94. Aug 31, 2012
    Rage is a beautifully crafted game, with some of the best graphics available and outstanding game-play. HOWEVER, do not jump into this game thinking it is an RPG first-person shooter, because it is not! This game is perfect for a shooter game, but if you are looking for a game like Fallout 3 you best look elsewhere. Now the story for this game may be lacking at times, and the ending isn't the greatest, but if you want a fun shooter game, Rage is perfect for you. Oh, and it also has a lot of vehicle combat and racing :) Expand
  95. Sep 2, 2012
    this game is so good!!! most people cant see past the low played, rated or bought game but if you can then 1) you have a brain 2)you will have hours of fun on it the separate coop campaign is always fun to do aswell the multiplayer is great aswell
  96. Sep 4, 2012
    Man, This game blows. Linear story, terrible driving controls, Sensitivity issues, and overall a crap game. This is also extremely boring. The atmosphere saves this game from getting a 0.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    For me, was a very decent rental. Almost one year later bought it a second hand copy and I'm really enjoying this game right now (in part time with Gears 3) ... :-)
  98. Feb 1, 2013
    Maybe it's because I knew exactly what to expect when going into this game, but Rage stands as one of the best FPS games that I've had the pleasure to play. Id proved that they weren't just messing around with the new IdTech 5 while making this game. The game is pretty. Which is kind of an odd thing to say about a game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It is highly advised to install this game onto your hard drive before playing. Be warned, installing this game takes up about 22 Gigs worth of space, so you may need to make some room. At first glance, many would immediately compare this game to that of Fallout or Borderlands, which is just foolish. Unlike the aforementioned games, Rage has virtually no RPG elements and instead opts for pure action. As a shooter, this game handles nicely. The controls are smooth, the gunplay feels great, and enemies even react properly to being shot at. You shoot at a charging bandit, he'll reel back from the impact of the bullet and may even stumble and fall face first into the ground, depending on where you hit him. The enemy AI is also notable in that the enemies are actually pretty intelligent (save for the appropriately mindless mutants) and can use some rather clever tactics on occasion. Authority soldiers would stack up behind the guy with the energy shield, bandits are smart enough to kick over your turrets whenever they get the chance, and they all know how to take cover effectively. Being an Id game, you get to carry a large arsenal with you at all times. Some of these guns can become rather useless, depending on your playstyle, but each one feels and sounds like it has some weight to it when fired, which is nice. To add some variety, the game features a variety of ammo types ranging from miniature rockets fired out of shotguns to crossbow bolts that can allow you to control an enemy until he inevitably explodes. The enemies are also quite varied, the mutants are animalistic and would forgo any strategy and simply bumrush you, Authority soldiers use military tactics and higher-end weaponry, and each bandit clan has a certain specialty in combat, such as agility, tech, explosives, or just being hard to kill. A rather new gameplay mechanic for an Id game is the driving portions of the game. The driving is done very similarly in a combat racing style. In fact, there are even combat racing side-missions to upgrade your cars. Since you will be driving around the wasteland a lot, it's a good thing that the controls work rather well and that the vehicle combat can be both fast paced and fun. The story itself is rather forgettable. Nothing surprising to Id veterans, but others may want more. However, the single player campaign itself can be rather long if the player decides to go out and do every sidequest and race available to them. My only real complaint about this game is the ending, which isn't bad so much as non-existent. Uncharacteristically for an Id game, there's no final boss fight and the game practically ends with you pushing a button after you finish mowing down enemies with the game's designated BFG, which is given to you at the beginning of the mission. Depending on the difficulty and how much you set out to do, you could probably finish the game in about 15-30 hours. That said, there's even a multiplayer disc that comes with a set of co-op missions and competitive combat racing. So, even after finishing the main game, there's still plenty to do. For the current price, this game is at VERY good value, and could be found at prices ranging from $10-$20. If you like FPS games, I'd highly recommend for you to go out and buy this game. Expand
  99. Dec 12, 2012
    Avoid this game at all costs. This game is merely a poor man's Borderlands. Yes, the graphics are pretty, WHEN THE TEXTURES ACTUALLY LOAD! I got motion sickness with the terrible texture pop. The gameplay is nothing really spectacular, and the story is practically non-existant. Not to mention one of the worst final missions in videogame history. I truly hope this game never sees a sequel.
  100. Jun 18, 2013
    Éste es un juego que debes obtener si eres un jugador con gusto por los FPS; además, los creadores de este juego son aquellos que te trajeron Doom y Quake: dos grandes joyas en la industria de los videojuegos! Aunque al principio estaba un poco escéptico hacia el juego mismo (en especial por la calificación general que representan los usuarios) me animé a conseguirlo porque ya había visto que tiene unos gráficos excelentes y varias armas con distintos tipos de munición -la mayoría de ellas. No sé ni como empezar a describir lo genial que el juego lució cuando lo vi en mi TV por primera vez: simplemente asombroso, ya sea porque tiene 60 cuadros por segundo y se ve muy fluido o porque todo en el juego luce de maravilla, ya sabes, con un fuerte toque post-apocalíptico. Y bueno, desafortunadamente concuerdo en el punto negativo que varios usuarios tienen hacia Rage: las texturas son de muy baja resolución. De lejos todo luce detallado pero si te acercas a aquello que luce de maravilla, ves las texturas tan borrosas que no te explicas como es posible que eso sea la base de tu admiración!
    También existe bastante "pop-in" con una frecuencia tal que casi cada vez que volteas en el juego las texturas se reconstruyen. se retexturizan... pero habiendo instalado con anterioridad el juego al disco duro me alegro que este problema ha desaparecido en gran parte. Aún con esos detalles, este juego no deja de ser una obra digna de admiración, con un tipo de juego al estilo Borderlands -donde progresas en el juego obteniendo y completando misiones de los NPCs y tienes, además, un tipo de carro a tu disposición para viajar de lado a lado.
    Una de las características que mas me ha gustado de este juego es la sección que el personaje principal tiene en su menú llamada "ingeniería": aquí es dónde puedes hacer una buena cantidad de diferentes objetos (si tienes los ingredientes necesarios) que te serán de gran ayuda en tu travesía por este mundo devastado -desde medi-kits, pasado por granadas, coches bomba y distintos tipos de munición. Otro punto a favor ha sido el arsenal con el que cuentas progresivamente. Yo simplemente grababa el juego cada vez que sabía iba a obtener una nueva arma (para ver como la obtenía de nueva cuenta); y esto porque cada vez que obtienes una arma, el personaje principal hace como que la revisa y te una vista con detalle de cómo luce tu arma. Todas ellas me han gustado mucho, en especial la escopeta, pues hace un sonido muy fuerte en cada disparo normal.
    Yo simplemente te digo que si te consideras un jugador con ya bastante experiencia en este tipo de juegos de disparos de primera persona, consigas ya este juego. Ya por estas fechas no está caro y te ofrece un reto con gráficas fluidas que no creo te lleguen a decepcionar y enemigos con una inteligencia de alta calidad: de hecho aquí reside casi todo el reto, el saber apuntar bien tus armas contra enemigos escurridizos y muchas veces letales. Consíguelo, y recuerda a ID desarrollador de este juego- y sus juegos insignia: verás a RAGE como un verdadero tributo a la pasión por el género FPS que ellos inventaron.
  101. Nov 21, 2011

Just like the enemies in game, they stumbled a bit though.

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Shooter fans will like RAGE, but it's lack of story or really innovative elements won't attract new players that didn't love other id games. I hoped for more, guys.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    As a fun and frenetic FPS, Rage delivers in spades. That the same can't be said for the game's story is a real shame. It's especially disappointing as Rage feels like it's building to a strong crescendo, before fizzling out like a damp firework. Rage veers incredibly close to greatness then, but ultimately fails to win itself a cigar.
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    While its other elements hep create atmosphere, they aren't as polished as its peerless gunplay. [Issue#77, p.82]