7.0

1. Mar 22, 2012
    I didn't play the original in 2003 on PC / Ps2, and pick up this title to know it better: I thinks this is a good remake, although it don't have the same refinement as other recent remakes (Beyond Good and Evil, DMC Collection, SH Collection, etc.). The graphics style, and gameplay doesn't show many improvements, as the Critics Reviews says, it seems to be a 2000's game indeed. The game has many troubles with the camera and with the gameplay too... it seems clunky sometimes, and this could be improved. The general feel while playing this game, is the one of playing a old game in a PC emulator. Still it is a nice classic action-adventure game, on a 3D platform style, with a nice and funny story and diversified gameplay- I recommend to the ones who played the original (and miss it), or the ones who wanted to know a classic game (like me), but in either cases without many great expectations. My score: 6,8 / 10,0 . Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2012
    I remember when I play the original, on XBOX, and wow, the game is a classic. And when I watch Rayman 3 HD I'm feeling happy. This new version is same like the original, the only different is the HD, but if I can play again this classic, I'm feeling happy.
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    Rayman 3 and Rayman 2 are complete classics, and this is a flawless game... for a 2003 game. The camera is extremely clumsy and might even get you killed, all the "new features" are kinda meeh. This is worth buying if you loved this game back in the PS2 days
  4. Apr 5, 2012
    Absolutely great game. Great bosses, minigames and music. The graphics aren't amazing obviously but the art direction is great. Really really fun, a true classic. I prefer the original over the remake though.

Fighting with an awkward camera system certainly feels a lot more noticeable today than it did back in 2003. [Issue#84, p.105]
    Rayman 3 isn't a lacking experience because Ubisoft botched the HD conversion, but because the original is simply one of the weakest chapters of the series.
    A very welcome nostalgia kick. [May 2012, p.99]