8.0

1. Sep 4, 2013
    This game is terrible. Yes the graphics are pretty and the animations and sound effects and all... But the game itself is upright terrible. The level design is boring, linear and way too easy. I don't get how reviews can say it has improved upon origins. The gameplay here is not even close to origins, it was dumbed down for the very casual players so a 7 year old can pick it up and play with daddy and have a good time... After all, this was supposed to be kind of a wii u exclusive family game. Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from this or at least know what to expect if you buy it. And the murphy controls are clunky and awkward at first but you can get used to it. And the joke is that I ended up enjoying the murphy levels more because at least they had some sort of challange but again... It's a completely different gameplay. This is not a good game.

So... If you like easy games with pretty graphics this is for you. But if you want more than just watching a movie where you happen to control the main character and shoot things and stuff... then don't feed ubisoft with your money.
  2. Sep 9, 2013
    Beautiful visuals, great music, and really fun co-op game-play. At first glance, this seems like an all around great game to grab a friend a play through; and that's where the problem lies. In a game that is clearly built for co-op and meant to be enjoyed with friends, there is no way to sign in more than one player. Only player 1 will get to earn achievements, gather collectibles, post leader board scores, and save their progress. Your co-op partner could play the whole game with you and will get absolutely nothing to show for it. My partner and I couldn't wait to play this game together, and we tried to do it, but the one of us who was earning progress and scores and achievements felt too guilty that player 2 got nothing out of playing, so we just couldn't enjoy it and ended up returning it an hour later. I feel like this could have been one of my favorite co-op games of all time, and it is simply unplayable for one incredibly stupid design decision. Just hoping to provide a fair warning to others. Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2013

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Any control issues aside, Rayman Legends never ceases to be enjoyable. The game is so fully featured that it makes Rayman Origins seem like a prototype. From the game’s delightful tone to it’s gorgeous graphics and top notch level design, Legends is better than Origins quantitatively and qualitatively. Not only that, it’s one of the best games of 2013 and one of the best platformers of all time. Maybe even better than Rayman 2.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    One of the most innovative and fun platformers of the generation. [Issue#102, p.82]
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    When someone brings an excellent title, and then announces they are planning a sequel you automatically expect, and sometimes you are right, that the next installment won't beat the original. However, Rayman Legends traverses this belief with its unshaken confidence, and it sets forward the whole Rayman series to the new, LEGENDARY, level.