8.0

1. Sep 3, 2013
    Beautiful game!! The gameplay is top notch for a platformer. I got a few hours into it and its very polished. Will have to wait until later to try out the online games but if you're looking for a good platform game with lots of challenges and tons of content this game is for you!!
  2. Sep 7, 2013
    Finally, a sequel to the amazing Rayman Origins has arrived. The 2d visuals are probably some of the best of all time I've seen in video games. It almost looks like a moving painting sometimes. The soundtrack is amazing, with a more epic feel than Origins, and the musical levels are definitely the best levels of the game.

The gameplay from the original stays mostly unchanged, but there
    are some differences. Instead of rescuing Electoons, you now rescue Teensies. The secret areas still appear in the game, but I can't help but feel that some of these are a little bit too easy. The teensies can also be found in the normal path, another big difference. This makes the levels feature lots of them to rescue, increasing the replay value. The controls are the same as Rayman Origins, only including a button to control Murphy. He controls well in this version, but was obviously meant for the Wii U.

The replay value of this game is immense, even considering the Origins aproximately 300 electoons to collect. There are more than 400 teensies to collect through the levels, lots of characters to unlock, and even Origins stages redesigned to play! There are also creatures that you obtain with "lucky tickets" (lottery tickets that either have a teensie, an Origins level, a large amount of lums, or one of this creatures) that give you lums. There are two "extra" modes: Kung Foot and the Challenges. The Challenges are online competitions, and very addictive ones. They will keep you playing probably months after you finish the game. The Kung Foot mini game, on the other hand, its offline. I couldn't believe it myself, but Rayman is a surprisingly entertaining football game! It is a small distraction that you will play for hours when you aren't playing the challenging levels.

In the end, Rayman Legends is a worthy sequel to the underrated platformer. maybe it feels a little bit too easy at times, but closer to the end, it shows it's Nintendo Hard difficulty. the only mayor problem I found is that, in multiplayer, the punches STILL affect your partners. This makes playing with friends a little annoying. Otherwise, Rayman Legends is probably one of the best 2D platformers of the generation.
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    I enjoyed Rayman Origins but the checkpoints and level design where not as good as this! the game is gorgeous and the sounds are funny and the game is sweet and fun, but also it can get very difficult on some later levels, overall this is a great platformer with beautiful design and well thought out levels and a decent challenge, and one of the best games i have played in a while, and totally worth every penny, just play the demo and see. Expand
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a 2D platformer of this calibre. Rayman Legends excels in so many areas. The magnificent art style, soundtrack, controls, and level design leave me only wanting more.
  5. Sep 16, 2013
    So fcking awesome! Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, so fun to play with friend! You MUST try it out! Musical levels at the end of chapters best levels in the game.
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    This game is terrible. Yes the graphics are pretty and the animations and sound effects and all... But the game itself is upright terrible. The level design is boring, linear and way too easy. I don't get how reviews can say it has improved upon origins. The gameplay here is not even close to origins, it was dumbed down for the very casual players so a 7 year old can pick it up and play with daddy and have a good time... After all, this was supposed to be kind of a wii u exclusive family game. Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from this or at least know what to expect if you buy it. And the murphy controls are clunky and awkward at first but you can get used to it. And the joke is that I ended up enjoying the murphy levels more because at least they had some sort of challange but again... It's a completely different gameplay. This is not a good game.

So... If you like easy games with pretty graphics this is for you. But if you want more than just watching a movie where you happen to control the main character and shoot things and stuff... then don't feed ubisoft with your money.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    Beautiful visuals, great music, and really fun co-op game-play. At first glance, this seems like an all around great game to grab a friend a play through; and that's where the problem lies. In a game that is clearly built for co-op and meant to be enjoyed with friends, there is no way to sign in more than one player. Only player 1 will get to earn achievements, gather collectibles, post leader board scores, and save their progress. Your co-op partner could play the whole game with you and will get absolutely nothing to show for it. My partner and I couldn't wait to play this game together, and we tried to do it, but the one of us who was earning progress and scores and achievements felt too guilty that player 2 got nothing out of playing, so we just couldn't enjoy it and ended up returning it an hour later. I feel like this could have been one of my favorite co-op games of all time, and it is simply unplayable for one incredibly stupid design decision. Just hoping to provide a fair warning to others. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    Absolutely fabulous game. The graphics level design and music are all superb. Some levels are absolute instant classics making this the best platform 2d game on any platform.
  9. Sep 13, 2013
    Don't believe the nay-sayers. This game is a work of pure genius. I was really skeptical of it and didn't bother pre-ordering it like I did with Origins.
    It's like a mix of Mario's skill based platforming and Sonic's high speed excitement.
    Rayman Legend's might just be the greatest 2D platformer ever made.
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    I miss the challenging chest levels, but the music levels are a blast! great game to play with the girlfriend thats for sure enjoyed the first one and I enjoyed this one! The only sad part is that I've collected all 700 guys and I'm done with the game!
  11. Dec 29, 2013
    A truly outstanding game it takes the formula that made games like Mario huge successes "back in the day" and modernises them to be 100 times what they were. The graphics are absolutely 1080p jaw-droppingly stunning. Level design is massively varied and the most creative I have ever seen in a game. The soundtrack sits on par with this creativity, featuring some truly exceptional musical delights. There is plenty of motivation and competition to keep the game feeling fresh freeing all Teensies in a level; collecting enough golden lums to get the gold medal and unlock a host of alternate character skins; completing 100% of a world to get the elusive diamond cup... and much more! For a collectible-hunting, challenge-loving guy like me, this game is absolute heaven.

The number of times you will smile during this game is ridiculous. Ingenious level designs are a joy to experience. Sure, there are levels and boss battles that will frustrate the hell out of you, requiring 100 repetitions to complete (though these are very rare!) but it doesn't stop this game from making you feel positively joyful. Don't make the mistake of writing this off as being a "kids game" it is far more than that and will reward any player who delves into its beautiful levels.

I could go on, but all that really needs to be said is that this is not a game to be missed by any gamer who prizes beauty, style, creativity, fun and joy in their gaming. An absolute treasure and a fitting part of the current generation's swan-song.
  12. Jan 23, 2014
    Certainly an improvement over its predecessor, which was a great game in its own right, Rayman Legends is one of the best looking and enjoyable games available on the Xbox 360. Aside from the Super Mario series there simply aren't any other titles in the platform genre that can match it for sheer imagination (the music levels are just a joy) and the precisely implemented controls means failure rarely becomes frustrating.

Aside from a couple of levels involving 'Murfy', that were apparently designed with the Wii U gamepad in mind and as such can be a little dull on the 360, Ubisoft have barely put a foot wrong with this one. So, while it may not differ all that much from Rayman Origins, this is a must play if you have any interest in platformers at all (especially if you have a friend to play in co-op with).
  13. Oct 31, 2013
    This is an excellent game. I was a huge fan of Origins and this is is about a 30% improvement on that basic formula. Visually beautiful, an awesome soundtrack and the gameplay is endlessly entertaining. The level design flows perfectly, giving a challenging but rarely frustrating experience. My only problem is that they have provided more playable characters, which is good but there is still no distinctive difference between them beyond appearance. When playing multiplayer it is a lot easier to distinguish which one you actually are (unlike origins where 90% of the characters were virtually identical teensies) but it would be nice if the four separate character types played a little differently instead of all having the exact same capabilities.But in the grand scheme of this game it's a trivial issue that you'll stop noticing eventually because you're just enjoying yourself to dam much to care. Collapse
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    Rayman Legends is a better game than origins. The levels are more varied, the music induces a smile whenever I hear it, and its just more fun. Just get the damn game already.
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    Incredible game!, Extraordinary stage design, music is the best in this generation of consoles, the gameplay is excellent, every day has different tests to give more life to the game, the daily and weekly challenges are a real test for the competitive players, the estimated time to finish the game is 12 hours, UbiArt is the true art, best game of the year, Best Game Of The Year!!!. The downside of the game is: nothing wrong, is perfect. Is the first game that makes me say "video games can be art" Expand
  16. Oct 19, 2013
    This is the best platforming game I've ever played in my life. It's the best game I've ever played in my life. Considering how almost no company innovates, the amount of effort and creativity is amazing. The game looks amazing, with fluent animations and amazing environments. The music is incredibly atmospheric and sounds amazing, and the music levels are some of the funniest levels I've ever played in my life. The levels are designed perfectly, have good challenge and are chocked full of secrets. The boss fights are much better than the first game. And if you haven't played the first game, about 40 of those levels are in this game as well, so 2 games in 1 almost! And for not even 40 dollars with a ton of stuff to do, it's well worth the buy. Buy it. Expand
  17. Oct 26, 2013
    Rayman Legends is most likely the BEST platform game ever created! I mean the musical maps, the boss battles, the characters and the graphics the thought and time put into making this game was worth waiting for. Ubisoft you have done it again.
  18. Nov 8, 2013
    numa geração onde só se viu jogos de tiro e violência, um jogo salva tudo. Extremamente viciante, engraçado e com algumas fases até fáceis e outras que dão vontade de jogar o controle na parede.
  19. Jun 11, 2014
    I haven't had this fun playing a game in a long time. Rayman Legends is the greatest platformer since Mario, and even he's getting chills when the Limbless Wonder steps up to the plate. There are six gradually harder worlds that piss you off but at the same time cajole you to play more. The visuals are beautiful and the music is the softest feather in this game's hat.

The world's themes
    alone are pretty awesome, but the sound provided in the musical levels makes this soundtrack Christophe Heral's tour de force. That's right--there are musical levels, and amazing ones at that. In the end, Rayman Legends is a very challenging and very rewarding game that should definitely be played by all hardcore platforming gamers that want to search beyond Mario. Expand
  20. Oct 13, 2014
    What I loved about Origins was the difficulty aspect as well as the originality of the areas. This game is much shorter, has much easier bosses and levels and four of the six worlds are nothing special.
  21. Oct 31, 2013

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Any control issues aside, Rayman Legends never ceases to be enjoyable. The game is so fully featured that it makes Rayman Origins seem like a prototype. From the game’s delightful tone to it’s gorgeous graphics and top notch level design, Legends is better than Origins quantitatively and qualitatively. Not only that, it’s one of the best games of 2013 and one of the best platformers of all time. Maybe even better than Rayman 2.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    One of the most innovative and fun platformers of the generation. [Issue#102, p.82]
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    When someone brings an excellent title, and then announces they are planning a sequel you automatically expect, and sometimes you are right, that the next installment won't beat the original. However, Rayman Legends traverses this belief with its unshaken confidence, and it sets forward the whole Rayman series to the new, LEGENDARY, level.