9.0

Universal acclaim- based on 2039 Ratings

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I was impressed when I finally completed the game. I was even MORE impressed with the Undead Nightmare campaign. This game itself is already a masterpiece. The world is magnificent and the details are delightful. Overall beautiful game.
  2. Jun 8, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is undisputedly the greatest game ever made. GTA is good, but Rockstar really shines with RDR.

Usually with every great game i get my hands on, I can usually find at least 1 flaw, even a tiny one. This is not the case with RDR. The character development, storyline, gameplay, open world design, shooting/moving/horse riding mechanics, and missions are flawless in every sense of the word.

I probably played over 500 video games in my life time so I'm not novice. I always pay attention to every little detail to each game i play. This is gamings Da Vinci moment and it makes me forget that GTA even exists!
  3. Jul 7, 2012
    A lot of attention to detail plus extra was put into this game, the great story and action makes you come back wanting more. The game has great likeable characters with excellent voice acting and the immersion is just unbelievable. If you're a fan of Rockstar's other games, this title needs to be in your collection.
  4. Jul 6, 2012
    This isn't GTA in Wild West, this is EPIC, it is like watching awesome movie, map is huge, whole bunch of small details that gives you real sense of that time. Horses are spectacular, just as story. Story is one of best in games history.
  5. Jul 11, 2012
    Yet another jaw-dropping game by Rockstar, who is, in my opinion, the best developer. Basically copying Grand Theft Auto in to the Wild West, this game has it all. Great voiceovers and a comfortable combat system.
  6. Aug 18, 2013
    Of all the years of my gaming life, Red Dead Redemption is the greatest game I have ever played bar the Last Of Us. As entertainment, I am not a fan of Western Films or Games so for me to be absolutely blown away by the game is a testament to Red Dead Redemption.

If you are a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games for their story and entertaining action, than you will love RDR. However, if you only play GTA to mess around then RDR may not be for you because there is not as much to do in the sense of vehicles and buildings.

The story of RDR is absolutely fantastic, the characters have so much depth into them which makes them all individually unique. Of all the games I have played, RDR has the best characters hands down. As for the gameplay, it will be one of your best gaming experiences. For example, on GTA IV I would mostly fast travel (Taxi) from A to B if the distance was far but in RDR it doesn't matter the distance, riding a horse is the best option because you are allowed to look at the beautiful landscapes of southern USA and northern Mexico.

The action is also outstanding, there is a feature in the game called Dead Eye which allows the gamer to slow time down, assign there bullets onto a target(s) and then release to unload the chosen bullets onto the enemy. Some say this makes the game to easy, but ultimately it is the gamers choice. Finally, I cannot stress how amazing it is to ride a horse in RDR. It is something you have to experience yourself because it makes the gamer feel on cloud nine.

Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece, simple as that. The story, action, gameplay, characters and in game map makes it one of the greatest games ever made and makes it arguably the best game I have ever played.

7. Aug 6, 2012
    The game is amazing, because it is not the same like gta.
    Here you can play Minigames,make missions or someone speak to you on a way to a mission.
    The World is amazing too , because all is different.
    You can hunt bears in the Forrest or wanted persons.
    The Game is a must buy.
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    In my opinion this is the best game of all time. It is gorgeous, tons of fun. I have played through it several times. Online also has some fun features. I never even used fast travel because this world is so spectacular. 10/10 by far.
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    In 2010 this was the best game you could play Today RDR still stands as the best western gamer ever. The guns are REALLY life like and amazingly historically accurate.
  10. Aug 27, 2012
    I love Red Dead Revolver, I love the GTA series, and this is most definitely a mediocre game by comparison. Why rate this so highly? Is everything that has Rockstar's name on it untouchable? Does a sad ending automatically make a master piece? We're talking about the lamest Rockstar cast I've ever seen, combined with a story struggling to keep a point, and somehow worse gunplay than eitherI love Red Dead Revolver, I love the GTA series, and this is most definitely a mediocre game by comparison. Why rate this so highly? Is everything that has Rockstar's name on it untouchable? Does a sad ending automatically make a master piece? We're talking about the lamest Rockstar cast I've ever seen, combined with a story struggling to keep a point, and somehow worse gunplay than either GTA or the original Red Dead had to offer. The only thing impressive about this game is the damn lasso and it's a gimmick! I'm just speechless that a game that is merely good is being considered the best game of this generation. Makes we wonder what the hell we're doing as gamers. Expand
  11. Aug 30, 2012
    I know giving things a 10 is a little ridiculous. No game can be perfect, right? Well the only negative I can conceive of with Red Dead Redemption is that there isn't more of it, and that's hardly a fair complaint. Considering that this is Rockstar's most driven, focused, epic storyline coupled with an immensely entertaining multiplayer component, one can conceivably play this game forI know giving things a 10 is a little ridiculous. No game can be perfect, right? Well the only negative I can conceive of with Red Dead Redemption is that there isn't more of it, and that's hardly a fair complaint. Considering that this is Rockstar's most driven, focused, epic storyline coupled with an immensely entertaining multiplayer component, one can conceivably play this game for years without feeling bored (unless you're one of the morons below that finds it boring... inexplicably...). Every production value piece is spotless, from the glare on the sunrises to the tone in every voice. People who complain that the voice acting is stereotypical and contrived... its supposed to be... RDR is a take on the classic spaghetti western ethos... characters named Frenchy, Irish, jaded snake oil salesmen, stoic natives... all this stuff is canon to the genre. There will be moments in the game where unexpected musical compositions fade out the background noise and the result is truly amazing and feels unique in this category of games. Like I said before, the only negative I can think of is that there aren't more stores for me to rob, more people for me to scam and rob, a native economy in the multiplayer.... but all these ideas are superfluous and only resultant of my own imaginative love of this game. Expand
  12. Sep 2, 2012
    campaign is the best story i have ever played for any game, gripping, thrilling and full of plot twists 10/10 must play games.
    multiplayer is very unique and very impressive only down side is online players killing on sight whilst riding around
  13. Oct 18, 2012
    If you are a GTA fan or an open world game fan in general this is a must buy. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games i have ever played. Not many games can nail the wild west setting but this game ticks all the boxes, you feel like a bad ass cowboy when you are riding your horse, killing bandits and tieing people up with your lasso. The story is excellent, you play as John Marston anIf you are a GTA fan or an open world game fan in general this is a must buy. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games i have ever played. Not many games can nail the wild west setting but this game ticks all the boxes, you feel like a bad ass cowboy when you are riding your horse, killing bandits and tieing people up with your lasso. The story is excellent, you play as John Marston an ex outlaw but after federal agents threaten his family he is forced to return to his old ways. The visuals are stunningly beautiful and the gameplay is tight....... in short BUY THIS GAME !!! Expand
  14. Nov 16, 2012
    The Great Game, The great gameplay, good graphics, great story. I like this game. I play 5 times. The best console game and one of the best games i ever played.
  15. Dec 31, 2013
    A Rockstar novamente nunca decepciona, e com certeza Red Dead Redemption um dos seus melhores jogos. A História, personagens e gráficos e sem contar a imensidão de seu mundo aberto fabuloso.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    I just bought and played this game for the first time. Yes, even two years after its release, the game is a masterpiece, for all the reasons reviewers before me have cited. I'm just writing this to add my review score. Unbelievable world, truly fun missions, good voice acting, good storyline, smooth gameplay.
  17. Jul 3, 2014
    One of the greatest games … story line great graphics great … world to explore huge … endless amount of game play … great ending … if you like gta you most likely will like rdr … nothing to complain about with this game
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    Graphics:9.5 Gameplay:6/ Story:4/ soundtracks:6
    -----good,but needs improvements------
    Graphics:9.5 Gameplay:6/ Story:4/ soundtracks:6
    -----good,but needs improvements------
    the only good thing in this is its amazing landscapes and big maps from mid usa ages,even my mother said:wow ,is this a game or real?...very beautiful deserts and nature animals .....sadly this is the only thing good in this game.other things like the gameplay and story plot is boring...just riding your horse for long distances
    technical negatives: bad tutorials,it comes out suddenly while killing enemies and disappear quickly.boring weapones.long horse traveling.hard to understand minigames. riding horse and shooting at the same time only for ppl with tow brains i think O_o.
    looking up for a better RDR2.
  19. Mar 19, 2013
    Clearly this is a game that was meant to be the wet dream of every gamer that is a huge fan of westerns and the GTA series. Judging from public opinion, that's exactly what it is. As to myself. I HATE westerns! To be honest, the only westerns that I remotely like are usually comedies. As to the GTA part: I'm not a huge fan of that franchise but I do like the series and I've enjoyedClearly this is a game that was meant to be the wet dream of every gamer that is a huge fan of westerns and the GTA series. Judging from public opinion, that's exactly what it is. As to myself. I HATE westerns! To be honest, the only westerns that I remotely like are usually comedies. As to the GTA part: I'm not a huge fan of that franchise but I do like the series and I've enjoyed everyone so far to some extent. So, even with my hatred towards westerns *pauses* I actually liked this game. It's by far one of the best games Rockstar has released to date. Great characters, Great story, great gameplay, and such a huge variety of things to do and places to explore. The only reasons I don't score this any higher are primarily because of mty detestment towards westerns, and also because as great as this game is, it also doesn't do too much that we haven't seen before somewhere else, this includes the story (I may hate westerns, but that doesn't mean I haven't seen any.) Overall: My personal grievances aside, this is a great game and deserves to be in everyone's collection. If I can like it, anyone can. Expand
  20. Jan 12, 2013
    This game is a trip back in time, when horses and stagecoaches were the most popular means of transport and when wild buffalo roamed the prairies of Th Wild West. This game looks simply stunning and the storyline is well-balanced. This game takes you from the Mexican Desert to the the slops of the Rocky Mountains and constantly throws new environments and side quest at you. You will neverThis game is a trip back in time, when horses and stagecoaches were the most popular means of transport and when wild buffalo roamed the prairies of Th Wild West. This game looks simply stunning and the storyline is well-balanced. This game takes you from the Mexican Desert to the the slops of the Rocky Mountains and constantly throws new environments and side quest at you. You will never get bored here. With the familiar grand theft auto controls and fluent movement Rock Star keeps up with it's impressive list of productions over the years. A world full of nasty characters and here and there someone to help you, but it's clear that in The Wild West.. The only one you can trust, is yourself.. Expand
  21. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok for the people who have not played this game.PLAY IT!!!!!! Why are you still reading go out and buy this. This is my original favorite game it is so amazing people argue saying its boring its to much horse riding. That was what happened in the west their were no cars basically horses and trains just go buy this game this is one of the best games of the generation if not the best. GoOk for the people who have not played this game.PLAY IT!!!!!! Why are you still reading go out and buy this. This is my original favorite game it is so amazing people argue saying its boring its to much horse riding. That was what happened in the west their were no cars basically horses and trains just go buy this game this is one of the best games of the generation if not the best. Go play it!!!!!!! Expand
  22. Jan 25, 2013
    A well writed game, incredible voice acting, beautiful graphics and a lot of stuff to do. Nothing more to say.
  23. Jul 29, 2013
    Although it doesn't offer the multiplayer experience that GTA IV presented, it is by far Rockstar's best game, and one of my favorites as well. Rockstar takes all of the defining elements of their previous games and makes one incredible experience.
  24. Aug 7, 2013
    Holy Beautiful, lush, large game Batman!

This is a great alternative to GTA even if it has the same feel in terms of maps, movement, and battles There is so much to do and this is how downloadable content was MEANT TO BE. The game by itself feels like a full game and them some, and the zombie add-on is great welcome addition albeit not absolutely necessary to have a great gaming
    Holy Beautiful, lush, large game Batman!

There is so much to do and this is how downloadable content was MEANT TO BE. The game by itself feels like a full game and them some, and the zombie add-on is great welcome addition albeit not absolutely necessary to have a great gaming experience.

Whaddya wanna do? Hunt? Go For it. Buy some houses? Go for it. Explore for treasure? go for it. Help eccentric and likeable civilians? Go for it. Become the right hand of the law and find outlaws? Go for it. Find collectibles and acquire cool looking gear and suits? Go for it. Sit and make some extra cash playing poker or dice? Go for it. Have a duel with a loud mouth drunkard and increase your reputation? Go for it. Wanna break in a rare extra speedy horse to make your own that you found in the wilderness? Go for it.

And NONE of this has to do with the main story which is varied and has great dialogue. The 3 large maps you explore are unique and available as the story progresses in a great way. Just as you feel you have exhausted one area of exploration, another area is opened up to you.

The ONLY quips I have are that there is no way one man can do that much killing. Also, the getting to cover and movement can be clunky. The automatic targeting system makes it a tad easy although that may be the point in surviving with quick draws in the Wild West realistically). The graphics can get buggy and the game did freeze randomly here and there

But that is small potatoes compared to everything it offers. This is one of the greats.
  25. Jun 27, 2013
    We all know that Rockstar can make some awesome open world games, however Red Dead Redemption might just be their best work.
    There are many reasons why this game is fantastic. The story perfectly meshes with the whole wild west theme of the game, as does the music. All the characters you meet are unique, very well acted, and memorable. The gameplay is terrific and never gets stale, not even 30 hours into the game. Really, the best part of this game is just riding your horse through Mexico without any destination in mind just to take in the scenery.

An awesome game all around

9.4/10
  26. Mar 18, 2013
    The best game that Rockstar games has produced by far! Possibly one of the best Xbox 360 games of all time! I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience playing this game. The narrative was truly engrossing until the end. The end tends to drag on just a tad too long. It is hard to go into detail about that without dropping spoilers so that is as much as I will say. All in all, this was oneThe best game that Rockstar games has produced by far! Possibly one of the best Xbox 360 games of all time! I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience playing this game. The narrative was truly engrossing until the end. The end tends to drag on just a tad too long. It is hard to go into detail about that without dropping spoilers so that is as much as I will say. All in all, this was one of the best games I have played on my Xbox 360 and will certainly hold on to it for a long time to come. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is so good that I bought the zombie version knowing very well that I would be disapointed. I was even pleasantly surprised by how good the zombie game was. Anyway, imagine Grand Theft Auto in the wild wild west. There are even hookers, lol.
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is amazing. The world is very believable and looks great. The frontier is very large and is split up into three distinct areas. The characters are not very believable, but this is the style that Rockstar Games wanted to make them.

The storyline is probably the best one you will ever encounter in video games. You may find John Marston a little unlikeable at first, but if you give him a little time you will fall in love with him. The game is about John Marston trying to get his family back from the government by hunting down people from his old gang. The story is about 20 hours long if you just do the main missions, to 40 hours if you are going for the 100%.

The world is truly stunning, and there are a lot of great places to visit. It surprises me when people say there is nothing to do, because the game does hold quite a lot of things to do. You can play poker or blackjack against computers, do some jobs for the local towns, go bounty hunting for a bit of change, and much more. Besides, if you can imagine something to do within the world, you probably can do it.

The multiplayer is very innovating. When you enter multiplayer you will be dropped into free roam. This is where you can ride through the world identical to the single player environment. However, you come across other people. If you don't feel up to the free roam, there is a suite of game modes for you to play.

The unfortunate part of the game is that it still has bugs and glitches. Fortunately most of these bugs don't limit the game, but are very strange. I have come across a particularly nasty bug that rendered my game unplayable. This was terrible because I had to go out and buy another new copy of the game to be able to play it again.

I give this game an 8. Everything about it is amazing and you can tell Rockstar Games put lots of care into making this game, but the bugs prove to be annoying and can even break the game. If you have any interest in playing a new game, pick this up and you won't regret it.
  29. Apr 19, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game.Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game. Overall, the game is fun. Expand
  30. Jul 2, 2013
    I have to admit to being prejudiced against sandbox games at times. I think Fallout 3 was done well, but the GTA and Crackdown games don't appeal to me. I doubt I would have even tried this game except for the old West theme. People praise the story and voice work in this game, but I don't see how the story compares to an epic saga like Bioshock, Halo, Uncharted or Mass Effect. If youI have to admit to being prejudiced against sandbox games at times. I think Fallout 3 was done well, but the GTA and Crackdown games don't appeal to me. I doubt I would have even tried this game except for the old West theme. People praise the story and voice work in this game, but I don't see how the story compares to an epic saga like Bioshock, Halo, Uncharted or Mass Effect. If you buy this game, get the Game of the Year edition which has the Zombies DLC and several other bonus features. Expand

1. 'Red Dead Redemption' is a must buy. Every Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owner should play this game (as long as they're over 18 and not a member of PETA). The only reasons I can't give this game a full 10 are the annoying glitches, connection issues and the lack of difficulty.
  2. At times breathtaking, often awe-inspiring and never, ever dull, Red Dead Redemption is already one of 2010's biggest hitters, and is likely to become one of this generation's greatest achievements. A staggering work of art.
    RDR is a phenomenal game that stands out as one of the year's best. The utmost attention to detail is apparent in every aspect, and is something that no gamer should miss.