9.0

1. Jun 16, 2018
    A real rockstar classic, strong characters, brilliant voice acting, a story of revenge executed perfectly, a wild west journey that can't be missed - 10/10
  2. Jun 6, 2018
    Did I forget to go back and review one of the best games of all time?! Well let me rectify that situation, given the abolish spawns gaming hath given us since thy release of this classic. Story-A+, Graphics at the time A+, Character personality A+ Mission amounts and Side Mission content A+...this will forever be the pinnacle of gaming, because its been nothing but downhill since thisDid I forget to go back and review one of the best games of all time?! Well let me rectify that situation, given the abolish spawns gaming hath given us since thy release of this classic. Story-A+, Graphics at the time A+, Character personality A+ Mission amounts and Side Mission content A+...this will forever be the pinnacle of gaming, because its been nothing but downhill since this game in the industry. So much so that I know Red Dead Redemption 2 coming up in a few months, wont live up to its older sibling in terms of old gamers familar with this series. This was back when "DLC" wasnt being chopped from the main game to be sold later, and once that trend started, games have been shallow and too short, for "full" experiences to be sold to you later for more $$. This company "Rockstar", used to have my upmost respect...but GTA V online ruined that. I fear, actually, I know, Red Dead Redemption 2 online will have low trickling pay offs for their in game $$ and way overpriced EVERYTHING just to try to get you to buy their in game currency "Red Dead Bonds" or some BS. You heard it hear first...I wont be buying Red Dead 2 until its on a huge sale or I just playing the single player when I can borrow a disk from a friend. I no longer tolerate, play, or recommend any game that models EA/Activision/Ubisoft and all the rests predatory game models. My wallet is closed like the rest should be until this industry changes its ways back to being consumer friendly and non predatory. Get ready for "loot" boxes in Red Dead 2 everyone...RIP Red Dead Redemption, your legacy will never be forgotten. Expand
  3. May 9, 2018
    Os fãs querem e merecem uma versão de PC desse game. É muita falta de consideração com a comunidade pc gamer.
  4. Apr 13, 2018
    Rockstar Games has defied all expectations of what a western video game could be by delivering a well written and thoroughly engaging narrative with memorable characters including perhaps one of the greatest protagonists to ever grace gaming.

Red Dead Redemption is also a technical achievement with great view distances, character detail and some of the most gorgeous lighting you will ever see on this console hardware.

The multiplayer component provides a limitless playground for some truly memorable moments thanks to its free roam mode with also a great amount of game modes to dive into, ranging from gang shootouts to a four player cooperative mode.

If you have never played this game somehow, stop what you are doing and play this straight away as i bet you wont find anything like this.
  5. Mar 17, 2018
    Simply the best game I've ever played. A true masterpiece. This game will be remembered for centuries to come.
  6. Mar 13, 2018
    Bought this game recently, in preparation for the RDR 2. Really wanted to like it but just didn't give me the jolt of in-game excitement. The graphics were pretty good considering it was originally designed for xbox 360. It's a massive open world which was pretty awesome. The story was alright, not compelling. At first there lots to do but quickly became tedious and repetetive. TheBought this game recently, in preparation for the RDR 2. Really wanted to like it but just didn't give me the jolt of in-game excitement. The graphics were pretty good considering it was originally designed for xbox 360. It's a massive open world which was pretty awesome. The story was alright, not compelling. At first there lots to do but quickly became tedious and repetetive. The sidequests or random encounters became lacklustered: do three or four, youve done them all. The side games gave value-added to the whole western feel but couldnt invest in repeating them. The gameplay had its moments but the gun battles were pretty mundane, relying on auto aim coupled with easy-to-kill enemies. I did feel immersed in a western background. The dialogues were pretty authentic. The characters were rich and the main protagonist was likeable. I gotta say i wasn't impressed with some of the voice over though -- everyone seemed to rave about them. I think the game wouldve done better if it was an RPG, with choices and consequences. Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2018
    Rockstar no defrauda. Un mundo vivo y muy bonito. Me hubiera gustado algún toque más rolero y más actividades extra que hacer.
  8. Jan 3, 2018
    Keyif = 10
    Atmosfer = 10
    Süre = 10
  9. Sep 28, 2017
    The fact that its on 2 consoles, I'm just giving you what I thought of the story and the open world. Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games I have ever played. The story john Marston, a formal outlaw that rode with duchess gang. Until he is forced by the government to hunt down he formal gang members. I just played the campaign again and this is one of my favorites. The story andThe fact that its on 2 consoles, I'm just giving you what I thought of the story and the open world. Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games I have ever played. The story john Marston, a formal outlaw that rode with duchess gang. Until he is forced by the government to hunt down he formal gang members. I just played the campaign again and this is one of my favorites. The story and the amazing ending. This is a must play masterpiece, and a great western. And the open world is filled with amazing things to do like hunting, saving and killing, and doing other thing. PLAY IT. Expand
  10. Sep 28, 2017
    I am not a big fan of Rockstar's work. Much like Halo and other well known series of games in the past decade, I generally have seen hyped games like Grand Theft Auto games to be a bit goofy and boring for my taste. Of course I can't deny there is reasons why they are so good and popular, but making such wacky antics felt more of Saint's Row honestly. Bully was also one of those games tooI am not a big fan of Rockstar's work. Much like Halo and other well known series of games in the past decade, I generally have seen hyped games like Grand Theft Auto games to be a bit goofy and boring for my taste. Of course I can't deny there is reasons why they are so good and popular, but making such wacky antics felt more of Saint's Row honestly. Bully was also one of those games too but I respected Rockstar more for trying to be different and still show their style all the same way. When Red Dead Redemption came around however I was very interested and in retrospect I see it as an important game and one of the best wild west styled games ever made.

Red Dead Redemption is an open world sandbox wild western shooter that has you playing as John Marston, a former outlaw put up by the gov't to hunt down his former comrades so he can get his family back and resume his life. The time is in 1911 and it's during the end of the Wild West age and the emergence of a new modern age, so it plays itself as a dark and grim end to one the most iconic American symbols in history. Unlike previous western games like Red Dead Revolver struggling to make mainstream and critical success in a modernized world, Redemption's emergence was something of a phenomenon that grew to be loved and acclaimed by many (myself included) for finally having a fun and wonderful moment of being a cowboy.

The single player is the main part of the game. The activities you do range from herding, horse breaking, hunting outlaws, poker, horsehoes and more really drives home the marriage of fantasy and grit the Wild West has on the modern minds. The story itself isn't outstanding, but it's very good at making John Marston a likable and memorable character that plays off the movies and shows that had Clint Eastwood and Dean Martin. Some would write off his character as simple but I'd argue that having simple characters add more mystique to them as long as the context of their character is intriguing and answers the main questions we ask while leaving the rest to our own thoughts. The ending and epilogue is one of the best gaming moments in any open world shooter I have ever played and the amount to do leading up to those moments can make you emotional as they happen. Criticisms of the story would be some mission design isn't that good and the combat can be a bit too easy. Money is practically useless and there is repetition in the side missions.

The multiplayer is a mixed bag. The co-op side is very fun with friends; riding as a posse and being outlaws is a jubilation of charm and fun that is goofy and yet badass. I loved running with strangers and friends into towns, stealing and being chased down by sheriffs in the sunset. You can level up your character and earn different character skins, weapons and more, but I found this to be pointless as it makes customization feel limiting and not as rewarding. The competitive shootout modes and such are cool ideas, but don't always flow well and I wasn't really impressed with it. It felt more like something tacked on then a well rounded mode. I felt if Rockstar had only made the game open world co-op instead and focused more on level design fitting around players than the experience would be far better. Still, despite my issues, I consider it to be one of my better multiplayer experiences in recent memory and I do respect the chances Rockstar took with them.

The combat and cover system screams the action of Wild Western Clint Eastwood films. The gun shots, explosions, clumping of horse hooves and intensity is wonderful and extremely satisfying. A bit iffy on cover control at times, but for what it's worth and what it brings to the table, I did not feel disappointed with it. The music is pretty dam good, with a Western feel mixed with a modern style, mirroring the times of the game's world. The graphics and atmosphere was amazing, with dynamic night and day cycles, weather, shadowing and more that gave the game a sense of realism. Of course being such a big game there is going to be technical problems, but through patches and time those issues were gone and my enjoyment for the game was in full force.

I spent over 60 hours in Red Dead Redemption and I loved it's world, characters and concept. It really feels like being a cowboy/outlaw of those old shows, but with a sense of identity and choice that solidifies itself as an important game for not only being different but also accomplishing a good deal in the process. While it does have issues under it's belt, Red Dead Redemption always was a great game to me as a teen and in retrospect as a adult one of the best open world games and open world stories of all time.
  11. Sep 24, 2017
    Red Dead Redemption is the perfect game. Period.

Red Dead Redemption is the perfect game. Period.

I have never played a game with such an impressive atmosphere. The breath taking open world with all it's details, that monumental soundtrack (I'm a proud owner of the soundtrack CD) and one of the best stories in gaming history make it so awesome. Even the small things are so great: all those entertaining stories from strangers, the fun search for treasures or the challenging hunting missions. If you haven't played it yet, you should do it. Now!

Not let's hope that part two can live up with the high expectations I have!
  12. Sep 8, 2017
    Um ótimo jogo, traz o melhor do velho oeste e lhe faz viver o final dessa época...
    nenhum momento do jogo você sai da imersão do velho oeste.
    simplesmente MARAVILHOSO!!!
  13. Jul 19, 2017
    Red Dead Redemption creates a lived in world that makes you want to stay there forever (of course the duels don't hurt either.) This might be one of the least mature games in the Rockstar universe, second to L.A. Noire.
    The only sex scene lasts about 2 seconds. The honor system gives you many reasons to not kill every single civilian you see. You can do bounty hunting and bringing in your target alive gives you more money than killing them it's also more ethical. However this game greatly dismisses the US genocide of Native peoples. Overall this game is great and I can't recommend highly enough.
  14. May 25, 2017
    Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time. The story is one of the first to get me to really appreciate story back when it came out. The story is excellent, the world is open and extensive. The game has a cast of interesting characters and a lot of side quests and activities that you can play to immerse yourself in the end of the wild west. This game also has multiplayerRed Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time. The story is one of the first to get me to really appreciate story back when it came out. The story is excellent, the world is open and extensive. The game has a cast of interesting characters and a lot of side quests and activities that you can play to immerse yourself in the end of the wild west. This game also has multiplayer and it is excellent, especially with friends. A game this good only comes out every once and awhile. Expand
  15. May 23, 2017
    Honestly one of the best games ever made. Mindblowing world-building, a classic western story, great characters, fun gameplay, amazing graphics (for the time, though it holds up very well) and finally some fun side-missions that just make you want to explore every inch of the map. For me it's kind of a perfect game, and I did not even have access to its multi-player (because of my **** netHonestly one of the best games ever made. Mindblowing world-building, a classic western story, great characters, fun gameplay, amazing graphics (for the time, though it holds up very well) and finally some fun side-missions that just make you want to explore every inch of the map. For me it's kind of a perfect game, and I did not even have access to its multi-player (because of my **** net connection at the time). Expand
  16. Apr 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Le pongo un 5 por que aun asi me ha parecido mas entretenido que los gta,pero tiene demasiado relleno artificial que corta la historia y ademas desespera siempre lo mismo,por no hablar que apunte solo siempre y demas,se hace un poco aburrido y pesado la verdad,he rescatado ya a mi familia y aun asi ahora me ponen a mover ganado de un lado a otro ,despues de 14 h no se si lo acabare si esque sigue mucho mas por que es un coñazo hacer ese tipo de misiones. Expand
  17. Apr 17, 2017
    Un GTA au far west, c'est-à-dire un jeu Rockstar à l'interface déficiente et à la maniabilité défectueuse (rien que le canasson, mon dieu !) sauf que c'est plein de vide avec de temps en temps des personnages caricaturaux et des pseudo-histoires sans intérêt noyées dans une trame principale des plus convenues. Les mini-jeux sont bien nazes, la VO texane marshmallow est insupportable.Un GTA au far west, c'est-à-dire un jeu Rockstar à l'interface déficiente et à la maniabilité défectueuse (rien que le canasson, mon dieu !) sauf que c'est plein de vide avec de temps en temps des personnages caricaturaux et des pseudo-histoires sans intérêt noyées dans une trame principale des plus convenues. Les mini-jeux sont bien nazes, la VO texane marshmallow est insupportable.

Naturellement on incarne un tocard comme de coutume chez Rockstar, rien de nouveau sous le soleil. Et dans ce monde immense, inutilement grand, on n'a toujours pas de système de sauvegarde normal. Bien sûr, le jeu est beau, très beau même mais quelle importance quand on s'y fait chier comme un chacal crevé ?
  18. Mar 28, 2017
    Good game for a one time playthrough but theres not much here to keep you coming back for more. Another game that is way over hyped. Worth a playthrough at the least.
  19. Mar 5, 2017
    Com gráficos sensacionais e a boa velha engine, RDR veio para inovar, e isso seria ótimo se as mecânicas do jogo não funcionassem tão mal. Controlar o cavalo nesse jogo é uma experiência tão exaustiva que chega a ser frustrante.
  20. Mar 3, 2017
    Este es un juego excelente, los motivos son: historia buenísima, jugabilidad perfecta, mapa muy grande, cantidad de armas muy buena, gran cantidad de contenido (ademas de ser muy divertido), posee un personaje principal muy carismático, misiones principales y secundarias muy buenas, no tiene caídas de fps y multijugador muy bueno.
    Es un juego que recomiendo totalmente, si sos una persona
    Es un juego que recomiendo totalmente, si sos una persona a la que le gusta los juegos no te podes perder este.
  21. Feb 28, 2017
    Red Dead Redemption is very original while being very familiar at the same time. I played this game 5 times and the more I play it the more I like it. It's been 7 years now since this game came out (2017) and it's still one of my favourite games I have ever played. Rockstar are my favourite devs, when they announce a game you know it's gonna be good. They took the gameplay from GTA 4 andRed Dead Redemption is very original while being very familiar at the same time. I played this game 5 times and the more I play it the more I like it. It's been 7 years now since this game came out (2017) and it's still one of my favourite games I have ever played. Rockstar are my favourite devs, when they announce a game you know it's gonna be good. They took the gameplay from GTA 4 and implemented it into an excellent open world unlike any thing before it. This is easily their best game yet and I can not wait for Red Dead Redemption 2. This game is a masterpiece and if you never played it, you should ASAP Expand
  22. Feb 26, 2017
    Si alguien duda que los chicos de Rockstar game solo saben hacer GTA o Midnight Club. tienen un problema señores. Esta aventura es simplemente fantastica, basicamente se puede hablar de esas peliculas del ultimo gran vaquero. el cowboy malo renegado que hace su vida pero su pasado jamas lo dejara en paz. bueno eso es este juego. una obra maestra, graficamente, musicalmente, en ambiente,Si alguien duda que los chicos de Rockstar game solo saben hacer GTA o Midnight Club. tienen un problema señores. Esta aventura es simplemente fantastica, basicamente se puede hablar de esas peliculas del ultimo gran vaquero. el cowboy malo renegado que hace su vida pero su pasado jamas lo dejara en paz. bueno eso es este juego. una obra maestra, graficamente, musicalmente, en ambiente, personajes y situaciones. una aventura que debe ser jugada realmente al menos una vez en esta vida. excelente Expand
  23. Feb 20, 2017
    One of the greatest masterpiece of open world games. I played as if I'm John Marston so the ending touched my mind... not just the story, a pleasure playing game is also great. interesting stranger side-missions, item.....etc. strongly recommended if you like western culture.
  24. Feb 13, 2017
    Pro’s
    Amazing graphics
    Easy controls Fun to play Cons Many glitches long story line RockStar games did a wonderful job creating Red Dead Redemption to a swaying piece of grass in the middle of the desert to a giant city next to the mexican border.It’s all in this game the storyline takes place in the Wild West. The main character is John marston a former gang member that has to
    Pro’s
    Amazing graphics
    Easy controls
    Fun to play

Cons
    Many glitches
    long story line

RockStar games did a wonderful job creating Red Dead Redemption to a swaying piece of grass in the middle of the desert to a giant city next to the mexican border.It’s all in this game the storyline takes place in the Wild West. The main character is John marston a former gang member that has to pay for what he has done to the Government. But instead of locking him up, the government takes his wife and child and tell him to take down his old gang. The game comes around at about 20 U.S dollars and it's worth it. Red Dead Redemption runs off the same platform as GTA5 Rockstar Advanced Game Engine also known as RAGE. RAGE is the platform Rockstar Games uses in there free roam games. The Red Dead Redemption game for more money you can get Undead Nightmare which is the same game but in a apocalypse scenario.

This game Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games I've played in a while It’s constant action from gunfights to riding your horse into the sunset. The controls are a little funky but once I got to the third mission I was a pro. This game runs smoothly on your Xbox 360, a bit buggy at times but can be fixed by simply restarting your Xbox 360 console. There are two gameplay modes Single player and multiplayer but multiplayer requires Xbox Live. The game is rated M for Mature.

I have found that when traveling long distances on your horse is very boring Every ten seconds I had to press the A key to keep my horse on the road. On the other hand the game doesn't AUTOSAVE this is very annoying I completed one of the hardest parts in the game and had to restart because I forgot to save. What I liked about the game is the graphics. It has one of the best graphics i've ever seen in a game. I have never seen the most detailed graphics until I played this game sunsets are amazing!

Overall this is the most amazing game I've played. If you ever head to gamestop and see this game pick it up. I would recommend this game to everyone whos likes a good old fashioned gunfight or likes Rockstar games. But I really enjoyed this game and recommend you pick it up. For the price you pay this game will keep you entertained for hours and hours. Overall is just a outstanding game and recommend that you play it.
  25. Feb 3, 2017
    This is one of the best games ever made. Rockstar has done it once again, they struck gold. From the sound track all the way up to the characters/story and environments. Simple superb.
  26. Jan 16, 2017
    One of the best games of all time, maybe the best. Red Dead Redemption is not just a Grand Theft Auto in the Wild West, it's a unique game, the best of Rockstar Games.
  27. Jan 13, 2017
    La nota lo dice todo, el juego P-E-R-F-E-C-T-O. Sin más. Espero que su secuela (Red Dead Redemption 2) esté a la altura, ya que esta entrega dejó el listón muy alto. Desde una historia atrapante, DLC'S que merecen la pena sin duda, gráficos geniales, buenas mecánicas, y un largo etcétera hacen de este un gran juego. Lo que si que es cierto es que el mapa es muy pequeño, pero el tener queLa nota lo dice todo, el juego P-E-R-F-E-C-T-O. Sin más. Espero que su secuela (Red Dead Redemption 2) esté a la altura, ya que esta entrega dejó el listón muy alto. Desde una historia atrapante, DLC'S que merecen la pena sin duda, gráficos geniales, buenas mecánicas, y un largo etcétera hacen de este un gran juego. Lo que si que es cierto es que el mapa es muy pequeño, pero el tener que ir montado en un caballo (más lento que un coche/moto/etc.)

RECOMENDADISIMO,YA SEA EN XBOX360, PS3, PC O RETROCOMPATIBLE EN XBOXONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Dec 6, 2016
    This world is giant! The history is really epic, and de gamplay is awsome. The characters and personality is really true and is very easy believe the story and the characters!
  29. Dec 3, 2016
    One of my favourite games ever created and arguably, one of the best games of all time. Let me get into it:

Pros: -Outstanding story with memorable characters - Really fun gunplay, wiht a variety of shotguns, snipers, rifles, pistols, revolvers and more! - Good variety of missions - Beautiful graphics for the Xbox 360 - Very cool landscape and world - Huge amount of content -

Pros:
    -Outstanding story with memorable characters
    - Good variety of missions
    - Beautiful graphics for the Xbox 360
    - Very cool landscape and world
    - Huge amount of content
    - Very cool reputation system that changes the world around you
    - Bullet physics and dead eye are fun to play with

Cons:
    -A few bugs and glitches here and there
    -The mechanics can be a bit clunky and can take time to get used to.

Overall scores:
    Story: 9.5/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 8.5/10 (for the Xbox 360)
    Overall: 9/10
  30. Oct 18, 2016
    um dos melhores jogos que eu ja joguei na minha vida, Red Dead Redemption é o melhor jogo da Rockstar na minha opnião, obvio que ainda irão lançar outros jogos, hoje foi confirmado a continuaçao e foi a melhor noticia do mes sem duvidas, o visual do jogo é excelente, o jogo tem uma grande variedade de animais, momentos marcantes, um final emocionante, o melhor que eu ja vi em um game, eum dos melhores jogos que eu ja joguei na minha vida, Red Dead Redemption é o melhor jogo da Rockstar na minha opnião, obvio que ainda irão lançar outros jogos, hoje foi confirmado a continuaçao e foi a melhor noticia do mes sem duvidas, o visual do jogo é excelente, o jogo tem uma grande variedade de animais, momentos marcantes, um final emocionante, o melhor que eu ja vi em um game, e personagens excelentes, John Marston é um personagem incrivel, um dos melhores dos games, Red Dead Redemption é um jogo inesquecivel que deve ser jogado por todos. Nota 10 Expand
  31. Aug 7, 2016
    The good: Awesome gameplay, outstanding history, huge open world, one of the best music uses in videogame history. If you don't like John Marston history and ending (Spoiler free) I don't know what in the world did you smoke. Gameplay is just incredible. Music use is just magic.

The bad: Rockstar games. Multiplayer servers have been broken, and Rockstars seems not to care. Also, after completing the main missions, you do a couple of side missions (Stranger missions are not that impressive), maybe the Legend of the West outfit and you'll see yourself bored, massacring Blackwater a hundred times

The ugly: Jack Marston. (For reasons I won't say to avoid spoilers) you end controlling John's son, Jack, at one point in the main campaign. He's freaking annoying! And you have to stay with that annoying kid with a preeeetty significant period of time... Trust me on this. Play it and you'll know what I mean

Conclusion: Best Rockstar games release to date in my opinion, and my personal favorite. A masterpiece in audiovisual and history level. Though free roam gets boring after a time and multiplayer is broken, the game itself is just awesome. 9/10
  32. Jul 31, 2016
    In a basic Rockstar's games style, like a western GTA, Red Dead Redemption is very good.
    The first missions are piddling, consists in things like ride horses to establishments and drive a cow herd, but after this, the game don't err in absolutely nothing, mantains a solid and very attractive story, its greatest point.
    And just not a story is good, also does the beautiful game landscape
    And just not a story is good, also does the beautiful game landscape and soundtrack, the mini-games like duels, horse races, bets, hunting rewards and animals secondary missions.
    The artificial intelligence is incredible, the enemy hides itself so many times and you need shot vary times to kill it.
    Besides that, you may have a this game's abstinence after play Red Dead
    Another Rockstar's many goals.
  33. Jun 21, 2016
    As an experienced player who always waits for new Western games, I can definitely say that RDR is the most fascinating Western game I've ever played. I enjoyed a big open-world, soundtrack, story, missions, gameplay, etc. Although the story was pretty simple (and I spoiled the end myself, unfortunately), I still liked it. Gameplay wasn't innovative, since I played it in 2016, but it was aAs an experienced player who always waits for new Western games, I can definitely say that RDR is the most fascinating Western game I've ever played. I enjoyed a big open-world, soundtrack, story, missions, gameplay, etc. Although the story was pretty simple (and I spoiled the end myself, unfortunately), I still liked it. Gameplay wasn't innovative, since I played it in 2016, but it was a lot like GTA. The quality of side-missions was outstanding, and there's always something to do in this world after comleting the storyline. What a pitty that I managed to play Red Dead Redemption only because I borrowed XBOX360 from my brother. Expand
  34. May 1, 2016
    One of the best game by Rockstar Games . This game better than Grand Theft Auto 4 , Grand Theft Auto 3 and other , but Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and V and Max Payne 3 better than Red Dead Redemption . Very good graphics and awesome storyline . Good open world and this game one of the best open world game .
  35. Apr 6, 2016
    Want to experience a sandbox game in the western? Then Red Dead Redemption is for you. Created by Rockstar San Diego, RDR is like GTA, but in the beginning of the 20th century. You play as John Marston, a former outlaw, who must seek and capture or kill your former gang members. At your disposal, you have a surprising amount of revolvers, rifles, shotguns and even sniper rifles. The gameWant to experience a sandbox game in the western? Then Red Dead Redemption is for you. Created by Rockstar San Diego, RDR is like GTA, but in the beginning of the 20th century. You play as John Marston, a former outlaw, who must seek and capture or kill your former gang members. At your disposal, you have a surprising amount of revolvers, rifles, shotguns and even sniper rifles. The game is extremely violent and bloody, so the 18+ rating is well deserved. You can choose to either do main missions or choose between a wide range of side objectives. Some of those are patrolling the perimeter, capture or kill bounty targets, break wild horses and, my favourite, play Texas Hold'em. If you wear a special suit, you can cheat. But beware, if someone sees you when you cheat, prepare for a lethal duel. In the end, I love this game (one of my favourites), but I can see why some people hate on it. I won't deny the fact that it's practically a GTA clone and have lots of glitches. On the other hand however, we have a pure masterpiece that will keep you busy for many hours. Well worth your money. Expand
  36. Mar 22, 2016
    one of the best open world games i have ever played with a unique and amazing story. you meet lots of interesting and funny character whilst being a badass bounty hunter. i 100% recommend this game
  37. Jan 21, 2016
    This game is just a complete masterpiece, Red Dead Redemption is just my favorite game of all time, no game that i 've ever played, has ever felt so deep, so great at going to it's purpose, that is to transmute Art in video games, the other 2 games that i nearly felt this way playing it was The Last of Us and The Witcher 3, that even though i recognize has better storytellers, they neverThis game is just a complete masterpiece, Red Dead Redemption is just my favorite game of all time, no game that i 've ever played, has ever felt so deep, so great at going to it's purpose, that is to transmute Art in video games, the other 2 games that i nearly felt this way playing it was The Last of Us and The Witcher 3, that even though i recognize has better storytellers, they never made me feel like this game did, the complete art that this game is. Literally everything is perfect, for the incredible graphics, to the perfect original soundtrack, to its amazing character molding, and to it's heart breaking ending... This game made me cry, this was the first game that made me cry. John's story was made to be told and Rockstar sure made a hell of a good job. This is their best game ever, and if they ever announces a new Red Dead one day, my eyeballs will melt into tears of joy. 100/10 Expand
  38. Jan 13, 2016
    Red Dead Redemption best game of western ever... I spend many hours of muy life with this game, always yo have to do somethig, rescue womans, gambling, shoots...
  39. Dec 13, 2015
    Had I reviewed this game immediately upon release, I'd have given it a 10. We're now nearing 2016, however, and I have to adjust accordingly. Having given The Witcher 3 a 10, I must therefore give this game a 9.

The open world consists of a large fictional United States territory modeled after Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico during the early 20th century. Cars are a new invention. You'll also venture into Mexico, which is connected by bridge(s) to the aforementioned fictional U.S. territories. There's a lot to do, and although it's a 360 game, the graphics are gorgeous. The world is extremely immersive, and you'll actually want to take a look around. I spent hours just roaming around the desert hunting, which is a good way to make money, incidentally. The main character is likable, and you'll actually want to see him succeed as the game progresses. The overall plot is very good as well.

The game does an excellent job at making you feel like you're in the Wild West. Rockstar made the game, so that's not surprising. This is basically Grand Theft Auto: Wild West. Like I stated earlier, there are cars in the game, but they're limited to a beginning cut-scene, and one mission where you man a mounted machine gun. Apart from that, your mode of transportation is a horse, the mechanics of which are quite good (better than the Witcher 3, in fact). The combat is good as well, however, if you've played any of the GTA series, you'll be largely accustomed to it.
  40. Nov 16, 2015
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 10

An amazing sandbox with gorgeous graphics. It recreates very well the cowboy feeling and has some memorable characters and tasty moments. It remembered me Some Epona's times which is great and very soulful. Another touch of art by Rockstar. Directly to my top 10 list...
  41. Nov 6, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. It shows, as if we need any more proof, that Rockstar Games is truly one of the best game developers in the business today.

As with all the worlds I have experienced that was created by Rockstar, their attention to detail is met perhaps only by games and worlds made by Bethesda Game Studios (Fallout, Elder Scrolls). Beautifully rendered, large enough to foster the player's inner explorer but not TOO large, and full of many things to do; it's about as amazing as virtually rendered worlds get.

A detailed and expansive world is a great start for any game, but RDR also delivers on gameplay, characters, and story. John Marston is an excellent protagonist, and the supporting characters are memorable and intriguing. His story of revenge and redemption, taking him from home to a rebellious Mexico, to back home again, is great fun. The ending is easily recalled almost 5 years later. Even horseback riding, a mechanic that games have been struggling with for years, is simple and effective.

Although I didn't spend nearly as much time in it as in single player, it also has a great and diverse multiplayer as well. You can do your standard adversarial deathmatch games, or you can play poker against real opponents, and you can play co-op missions if teamwork is more your style. It's got something for everyone.

Indeed, Red Dead Redemption has to challenge for one of the best games of the last console generation. It absolutely places in my Top 3.
  42. Oct 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. awesome game from the team brought the grand theft auto series comes a tale from the old west top notch shooting and great graphics and background some of the towns are real looking just a amazing game to play missions and off missions even has mini games such as poker and blackjack and so much more 10 all the way Expand
  43. Sep 27, 2015
    A fantastic story, beautiful world, great soundtrack, and fun multi-player. Honestly, to think such a big game can run on a 360 is unbelievable. But still, the horses are **** retarded.
  44. Sep 8, 2015
    tipico Rockstar , jogo muito bom , trabalharam bem na artificial , e em cada detalhe parabéns Rockstar, nem zerei mais sei que merece 8 , alguma vezes buga "raramente"
  45. Aug 30, 2015
    For me the greatest action adventure open world game ever created. One of the most believable settings seen in a video game console. There's nothing in the wild west theme that comes close to it. If they release a sequel that improves on some of it's hurdles it would score Everest mountain high. Some problems I have found with the game were the AI of the local law enforcer especiallyFor me the greatest action adventure open world game ever created. One of the most believable settings seen in a video game console. There's nothing in the wild west theme that comes close to it. If they release a sequel that improves on some of it's hurdles it would score Everest mountain high. Some problems I have found with the game were the AI of the local law enforcer especially serifs was atrocious. You could run over an old lady and get to Jail immediately while when a whole mod of desperado's were passing by and raiding the city they didn't even move. All they have to do is make the AI better and we'll have the greatest game of it's kind ever. Expand
  46. Jul 13, 2015
    This game has to be the best game I've ever played on Xbox. If you're into free roam/shooter games, I definitely recommend this game. Might even be better then GTA V.
  47. Jul 12, 2015
    This game is the best western video game of all time. You will have a great time in the singleplayer story mode shooting people off horses, throwing knifes, chucking Molotov's and admiring the beautiful graphics and story line as you go along. This is a must buy. Even if your not really that into cowboys or western themes things, I'm sure you will enjoy this one. Even if you do likeThis game is the best western video game of all time. You will have a great time in the singleplayer story mode shooting people off horses, throwing knifes, chucking Molotov's and admiring the beautiful graphics and story line as you go along. This is a must buy. Even if your not really that into cowboys or western themes things, I'm sure you will enjoy this one. Even if you do like cowboys and western stuff but just hate the weapons because there all olden day and hindering, it is all made up for because of the combat mechanics. There is more stuff to do even of your finished with the story mode. You can play Poker, Liars dice, Horse shoes and more. There's a DLC which contains a whole new storymode which has zombies and new weapons Included. There is an awesome multiplayer which is tons of fun and wont get old for a long time. Theirs also some awesome Easter eggs to check out too. Expand
  48. Jul 8, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption is by far one of the best games I have ever played. The story was amazing and rich and followed the main character John Marston who is forced to kill his former gang members in order to save his family who has been imprisoned by the government. I loved the story so much and had a sad but satisfactory ending. The game play was also spot on. I loved how visceral the gunRed Dead Redemption is by far one of the best games I have ever played. The story was amazing and rich and followed the main character John Marston who is forced to kill his former gang members in order to save his family who has been imprisoned by the government. I loved the story so much and had a sad but satisfactory ending. The game play was also spot on. I loved how visceral the gun play. I really liked the dead eye mode which puts everything in slow mow and and allows you to select where on the target you want to shoot. The games open world was authentic and real looking and really made me feel like I was in the old west. The one thing that did bug me was the games glitches. I am looking forward to getting GTA V soon because it has had a PC release recently and I heard it had the same amazing open world and story. I am proud to give this game a 10/10. Expand
  49. Jul 4, 2015
    The game is totally awesome. The graphics and soundtracks are great. The Western atmosphere is present brilliantly, and with brilliant voice acting. Although there are a few technical issues here and there, but still cannot hold back one of the best games of 2011, if not, of all time.
  50. Jun 21, 2015
    This is an absolutely fantastic game. Emotional storyline, huge open world to explore, beautiful graphics, good voice acting, not much else out there like it.
  51. May 22, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption offers a fairly vast open world with an authentic western feel to the environment, music, gameplay, and dialogue. The gunplay is great but it's rediculous how many men you shoot on and off horseback. It just gets annoying after long enough. Also, there isn't a whole lot to do aside from side missions. you can hunt, play cards...uh...there's probably some other stuff butRed Dead Redemption offers a fairly vast open world with an authentic western feel to the environment, music, gameplay, and dialogue. The gunplay is great but it's rediculous how many men you shoot on and off horseback. It just gets annoying after long enough. Also, there isn't a whole lot to do aside from side missions. you can hunt, play cards...uh...there's probably some other stuff but that's all I can even think of offhand. For the repetitveness of the shootouts and the lack of fun things to do out in the game's vast fields (along with the annoyingly long horseback rides to the majority of objectives), I can't agee that this game is a masterpeice, although I can see why some think it is. Still, it's a great game with a good story, fun shooting, and, like I said, a very authentic western feel to it. On top of single player is the sandbox multiplayer, which adds a decent deal of value to the game. Play it but don't expect to be blown away. Expand
  52. May 8, 2015
    The reason I would never get rid of my XB360.

A world build by Rockstar, inspired by some of the most iconic movies of all time. A fresh wind of a scenario and a marvellous mixture of crazyness, desperateness, adventure and romance. So often I would make camp with only my horse with me, underneath night sky luminescence, coyotes howling from a distance and a single guitar string
    The reason I would never get rid of my XB360.

So often I would make camp with only my horse with me, underneath night sky luminescence, coyotes howling from a distance and a single guitar string swinging and would be reminded why a young fella would want to be a cowboy.

Masterpiece.
  53. May 7, 2015
    This game is very amazing

PROS
    -Amazing story
    -Great Graphics
    -Huge world to explore

CONS
    -None .
  54. May 4, 2015
    Here is a game that came out in 2010 and it still holds up today.

This game is just a fantastic masterpiece of awesomeness. The main character of the game is straight a bad-ass, taking no sh't from anybody that come in his way. The graphs in the game are gorgeous to look at, always taking my breath way every time I play the game. My only problems are some missions are a bit silly
    Here is a game that came out in 2010 and it still holds up today.

This game is just a fantastic masterpiece of awesomeness.

The main character of the game is straight a bad-ass, taking no sh't from anybody that come in his way. The graphs in the game are gorgeous to look at, always taking my breath way every time I play the game. My only problems are some missions are a bit silly like: Chase after a guy who took something no important from somebody, something like that. Overall Red Dead redemption is a lot of fun to play and something about riding your horse in the middle of the western desert relaxes me.
  55. Jan 30, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption
    Immersion Done Right
    This is how you make an open world game, with immersion in mind. Red Dead Redemption does a perfect..not nearly perfect, but a perfect job at pulling the player into it’s western world. Red Dead Redemption tells the story of John Marston a former western showdown gun slinging bad guy trying to redeem himself. He does so by repaying life debts
    Red Dead Redemption
    Immersion Done Right
    This is how you make an open world game, with immersion in mind.
    He does so by repaying life debts and hunting down a few old friends.
    But you are given freedom in the way you handle things outside of the games 13 hour main campaign.
    Outside of the story is where the beauty of this games immersion really starts to shine
    Its clear to me now why so many systems from this game have been added to series like assassins creed and also why it works here and not for them.
    Red Dead redemptions world is basically a giant desert, it’s pretty empty.. this can turn off a lot of players, It won’t and doesn’t surprise me at all to hear many find this game to be boring.. it can be, but isn’t really a run around and have fun kind of game…there are very few npcs roaming and inhabiting the world, but those that do all have a personality and a story to them.
    As you travel throughout the world on horseback you’ll run into strangers asking for your help, all which is optional.
    Some wanting help with getting a land deed, their wife, or are just in need of some materials that you can find organically in the open world.
    All of which you can deal with in your own way, you can pay someone off or just kill them and take what you’re there for.
    There is however an honor scale, you can get away with doing a few not so good things, but if you terrorize the world, the npcs will react to you in a bad manner.
    Adding to the oraganicness, You can also pick flowers, herbs, and hunt and skin animals.
    Hunting in Red Dead Redemption feels so right because the animals feel alive and real like all other npcs, they don’t feel like they are triggered or spawned into the world, they feel like they live there.
    Everything down to the mechanics screams immersion.
    The game asks for physical input in both running and controlling your horse.
    You have to pay attention to the game, you can’t just hold a button and go, It definitely takes time to get used to such a system of immersive mechanics, but once you do you will greatly appreciate it.
    Where the game does loose its spark at least for me is about 1/3 of the way through the main campaign. While the story really is great and the characters are brilliant, the mission design after the first 3rd of the game all plateaus.
    At first you are doing immersive tasks like hurdling cows in a bad storm, going out to catch a wild horse, really bringing the world to life, but later in the game it gets massively boring and repetitive..
    It turns into a lot of cover based follow the marker 3rd person shooter and ride shotgun while you take out the bandits following you over and over and over, luckily if you can manage to stick it out through this grindy section of the mexico part of the game, things start to pick up again for the final 3rd and missions will begin to feel varied just like before.
    But the annoying npcs that accompany you on many missions constantly rushing you and never shutting up about how slow you’re going doesn’t make the campaign any more enjoyable.
    But trust me, it’s worth it to make it to the end of this game.
    There’s also a free roam multiplayer where you can join other players in the same open world from the single player game to take over gang hideout and earn some cash, unfortunately multiplayer these days is pretty nonexistent, so don’t expect to get too much out if unless you have dedicated friends to play with.
    Red Dead Redemption is a beautiful and immersive game.
    I found it to be relaxing, boring and grindy at times, but Escapism at its finest.

For what it is
    Action Adventure 9 /10
    Overall 9/10
  56. Jan 29, 2015
    To say that Red Dead Redemption’s setting is breathtaking would be an understatement. Taking place in what would be the old West, Red Dead Redemption places the player in an adventure that is well satisfying and epic.
    The story is as follows: The protagonist is called John Marston, and he has been sent by the government to the Western Border States in order to find and kill wanted men, some of which have formed part of Marston’s past. Marston has no choice but to accept doing this because only then will he be pardoned by the government for the things he has done. What, how, and why remain to the player to find out, but let it be assured that this is an amazing, well written story.
    The gameplay in Red Dead Redemption is fun to say the least. The player has an arsenal of weapons available to him: different kinds of rifles, pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, even throwing knives, dynamite, and a rope are among the different things the player can use. Dragging criminals around with the rope while on a horse was a personal favorite. As an additional, awesome feature – there is Dead Eye. Dead Eye is a slow motion mode that allows the player to tag multiple enemies with a gun only to bring them down in super cool, fast fashion. Red Dead, hands down, has the best horses ever to be put in a video game. Not all are the same; there are different kinds available to the player to purchase differing in aesthetic appeal, which is very detailed, and speed. Controls are smooth and precise while on a horse and it makes it a delight to travel on them rather than a drag, *cough* AC3 *cough*. Having side missions coming to the player rather than vice versa is a big win. While traveling to the next main mission, the player will find random events happening on the side of the road. It is optional to engage in these, but it surely adds to the experience while making the game’s atmosphere feel alive and active. There are also additional side missions with their own, brief story arc that the player has available to him/her. Multiplayer is amazing. Having the whole map open to players lets one explore, change playable characters/rides, engage in activities such as attacking forts or villages with a team, or just free for all, for that matter. No gameplay mechanic in this game feels dull.
    The visual aspect of Red Dead Redemption is a win throughout. The fauna and flora in the environment as well as character models are intricately detailed. The engine’s amazing shading system allows everything to look believable and real. It is a beautiful experience to just ride along a cliff staring at a day’s dusk and the horizon. The aesthetic appeal of Red Dead Redemption goes a long way immersing the player into this world and it completely succeeds at capturing that Old West feeling this game very much is aiming for.
    Red Dead Redemp- does this really need to be said? This is a must buy. It is a gem of the 360 and PS3 generation and it is an experience not to be missed. Unless there really isn’t an interest in the Old West, but even if one isn’t a fan of this genre – it is worth it. In the end, Red Dead Redemption is satisfactory and does right in everything it set out to do.
  57. Jan 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, oh wow. Red Dead Redemption, the best game possibly ever made. The story is stunning, meaningful and also heartbreaking. Watching John Marston get shot up like that brought a tear to my eye. Games like this deserve much more than a review, Rockstar really outdid their selves this time. This game is by far the most meaningful and fun game I've ever played in my entire life. May it bring joy to you and many to come.

100/100.
  58. Jan 4, 2015
    Years later, this is still the best game I have ever played. I still pop it in my xBox 360 to just run around and play in the open world. The graphics still look great. The sound is still amazing. The gameplay is just perfect. It's an open world game where the story actually matters and you'll want to play it through until the end. And that ending!!!.... perfect for a Western shooter.
  59. Jan 3, 2015
    This game is life altering; like so many others in the top ten. To truly appreciate them you have to explore every nook and cranny. A race to finish it in the least amount of time and then criticize it is...well - laughable. The creative talent and effort that goes into these masterpieces is truly appreciated. Thank you from a 50 + year old. I applaud you all!
  60. Dec 18, 2014
    By far, the best game that I own. I played this game about 3-4 months ago, but I wasn't interested because I was wrapped up in other games. But then I was more formally introduced to it, and now I can't play anything else. I've never played a game that is so detailed, so beautiful, and so ALIVE. Random occurrences will happen on- well, random, and it's like it wasn't scripted for it toBy far, the best game that I own. I played this game about 3-4 months ago, but I wasn't interested because I was wrapped up in other games. But then I was more formally introduced to it, and now I can't play anything else. I've never played a game that is so detailed, so beautiful, and so ALIVE. Random occurrences will happen on- well, random, and it's like it wasn't scripted for it to be there. Speaking of script, the story is absolutely incredible. The acting is amazing, the plot twists are appropriately shocking, and the script is great. Although the story does sometimes drag on a little bit without handling the task at hand, it is quickly diverted. On to gameplay. This game has the best gameplay of any game I have experienced so far, and I've played a lot of games. I've played games from Crash Bandicoot for N64, to Battlefield 4 for Xbox One, and by far, this game has the best gameplay. The gunplay is viscerally realistic. Shotgun blasts blow enemies off their feet, a pistol shot to the leg sends the enemy swinging their leg upwards and falling to the ground, and a sniper shot to the shoulder spins an enemy around, killing them before they reach the floor. And the mission variety is outstanding. I rarely found myself doing the same kind of mission. From being tied up and trying to escape in the middle of a firefight in Mexico, from using a gatling gun to take out a fort in a merchandise cart in Southern Texas, this game always delivered an amazing variety of missions. As for the open world, it is absolutely beautiful. The scenery is amazing and the towns and cities are mind-blowingly detailed. But the open world is as unforgiving as it is pretty- in the best way possible. You should save often, for if you go a while without saving, collecting money and killing bandits and buying weapons, and are killed in a sudden hold-up or duel in a town (if you aren't skilled enough, of course), you lose it all- and that's what I like. It's realistic. Now onto multiplayer. Most games can't their multiplayer to their singleplayer in awesomeness, but Red Dead Redemption pulls it off effortlessly. The open world is still the same and random occurrences are still abundant, but now you have other people you can play with. You can even form posses with your friends to take down gangs or be a gang yourself. But watch out for high-level random players, as some of them (not all) will try to kill you for XP. Customization could be a little better, but otherwise it's great. You can also participate in deathmatches, which always starts out with both sides dueling each other, increasing the intensity of the match. Red Dead Redemption is absolutely perfect in almost every single way, from the mission variety, to the gameplay, to the multiplayer, to the beautifully stunning open world. You do NOT, and I repeat NOT, want to pass up a chance to play this game. STANDING OVATION to Rockstar Games and Rockstar Games San Diego for perfecting the Western game genre and raising the bar for all games in general. Expand
  61. Nov 28, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is a great western themed open world game. It puts you in the cowboy boots of John Marston, a former outlaw who is now in trouble with previously associated gangs and government men, and is also trying to get back with his family. It seems a bit cliche at first, cuz it is, but it's not a bad thing because it takes a cliche setup and does cool things with it. To gain hisRed Dead Redemption is a great western themed open world game. It puts you in the cowboy boots of John Marston, a former outlaw who is now in trouble with previously associated gangs and government men, and is also trying to get back with his family. It seems a bit cliche at first, cuz it is, but it's not a bad thing because it takes a cliche setup and does cool things with it. To gain his "redemption" he meets interesting and memorable characters along the way, and asked to participate in assaults and movents and gets involved with different factions and there's some good plot twists and a few really sad moments. Even though John Marston is a little bit of an **** you still care about him and his motivations as he shows real emotion and is well written and performed. This game is made by the same people as GTA, so it takes heavy influence from the GTA games. It's an open world game where you do story missions, side missions, buy weapons and supplies from stores play mini games such as poker, and of course mess around and have chaotic fun in your own way. The open world is pretty big and surprisingly diverse. There's country side, a swampy forest areas, snowy mountains, and of course deserts. But each desert has a different tone to it, such as one that's Arizona like red while another is blaring white hot sand. You travel through the open world through riding horses all over the place which can get extremely boring at times, or fast travel by setting up a camp or paying for a carriage ride. The story missions can also get a bit repetitive. A lot of them just have you ride your horse to some place, shoot some guys that somebody doesn't like and that's it. But every now and then something refreshing happens such as raiding a fort or defending a train. The horse riding feels a bit weird at first but once you get the hang of it it works pretty well. The shooting works like a standard third person shooter. Rb take cover, lt to auto aim at an enemy, rt to shoot. But the cool thing about this game is dead eye, which allows you to slow down time and aim at specific parts of an enemy and it shoots for you. While his is fun, it's a bit overpowered and gives you an unfair advantage over the enemies at times. Which brings me to a problem I personally had with the game, but it may not bother everybody. This game is EXTREMELY easy. There is no difficulty setting, so I don't have an option to make the game more challenging if I want to. I know games these days are generally pretty easy, but can still be a little challenging every now and then, but this game is almost never challenging at all. But this May not bother everybody. One new thing this game adds is the fame and honor system. If you help random strangers and do jobs, you will gain honor and fame. But if you start shooting random people and stealing stuff, you will lose fame and honor and get a bounty on your head. In GTA if you did bad stuff you could simply wash your sins away by getting your car resprainted at pay n spray and the cops go away, so it's a nice change. This game also fixes a lot of the incredibly annoying problems that GTA IV didn't fix by adding the weapon wheel, less rag dolly physics, and a freaking mid mission checkpoint system so you don't have to start a mission all over again. All these improvements made their way into GTA V. In terms of graphics, while the game came out in 2010, it looks like it came out in 2013. They really are that freaking good. Every texture is super detailed and and it has an impressive draw distance where you can gorgeous vistas from clifftops. There are some glitches, but none of them are game breaking. There mainly just funny glitches that you tubers like to exploit for fun. The sounds effects are rather average. Gunshots sound like gunshots. Horses sound like horses. Footsteps sound like footsteps. But the voice acting is incredible as normal for a game made by Rockstar Games. The soundtrack is also very good, it sounds western the way it should. So if you like open world games, I'm not sure if this is a must have, but it's definitely worth checking out if you get the chance. After all it is super cheap nowadays. But if you want a good western cowboy game, then it's without a doubt a must have. There really aren't that many western games out there and it's awesome to see a reputable company like Rockstar to take the time and money to make one. Expand
  62. Nov 25, 2014
    Easily the best game Rockstar has made and one of the best of all time. Red Dead Redemption has one of the best stories in a video game as it follows the life of John Marston; an outlaw that is trying to run away from his past. Red Dead Redemption is fun to play and makes you feel for John Marston.

The shooting works very well, it has a lot of side missions, the graphics are gorgeous, it gives you a lot of freedom and the soundtrack and music is amazing (Such as Compass, Far Away and general combat music).

Everyone, even the people who don't enjoy video games, have to play Red Dead Redemption.
  63. Nov 19, 2014
    This is the best game I've ever played
    Thats all I have to say.............
    ...........................................................................
  64. Nov 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very great game actually makes you think your in the dying days of the cowboy and the future(1911) is happening. Great story of love,loss and betrayal. 10/10 Expand
  65. Oct 10, 2014
    By far the best game I ever played. Incredible atmosphere, amazing characters, superb soundtrack and a story that punches you right in the chest. I'll never forget the main character, John Marston, so unique, well told and acted.
    I WANT MORE LIKE THIS!

The Undead Nightmare DLC is nice great fun too, but nothing more than that.

Cheers from Austria.
  66. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome gameplay, awesome weapons, awesome characters, and an awesome "ending". Just about everything that I look for in a game.I also love the relation to G.T.A in that in order to buy things you have to unlock them.
  67. Jul 30, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is without a doubt a masterpiece. Red Dead Redemption is essentially Grand Theft Auto set in the old west. The story is very good and interesting and all of the missions are filled with action, excitement, and are just great to play. I love all the characters as they range from being funny to crazy to being a heartless killer. The environment is breath taking with a lotRed Dead Redemption is without a doubt a masterpiece. Red Dead Redemption is essentially Grand Theft Auto set in the old west. The story is very good and interesting and all of the missions are filled with action, excitement, and are just great to play. I love all the characters as they range from being funny to crazy to being a heartless killer. The environment is breath taking with a lot of beautiful scenery that will make you want to explore the whole map. The graphics are great and the combat is a big improvement from other Rockstar games. Red Dead Redemption also has multiplayer. The online part is incredible and extremely fun. You and your friends can roam around the map on horses and go to towns to cause trouble or even go to an armed fort and fight off incoming authorities. The death matches are really fun as they start off as a stand-off and then evolve into a blood bath. This game is a must have and it will never get old. Expand
  68. Jul 21, 2014
    The western genre hasn't really had a good number of games. Then suddenly, Red Dead Redemption comes along and was so brilliant it completely filled the gap. With an amazing setting, illustrious characters and top notch gameplay, it is hard to argue otherwise. This game brings back memories of the cowboy classics, and blows them straight out of the water. I can guarantee that you willThe western genre hasn't really had a good number of games. Then suddenly, Red Dead Redemption comes along and was so brilliant it completely filled the gap. With an amazing setting, illustrious characters and top notch gameplay, it is hard to argue otherwise. This game brings back memories of the cowboy classics, and blows them straight out of the water. I can guarantee that you will never again see a game that redefines the western genre quite like Red Dead Redemption. It's beautiful, fun and is a masterpiece. Expand
  69. Jul 18, 2014
    GOOD: Great Story; Interesting characters; RPGs elements are in the missions (ex. choosing if you kill him or if everyone else gets to kill him); Great voice acting; Great graphics; Lengthy campaign that lasted me 40 hours); Side missions are really fun to do; Not one mission felt the same as another one; Cool open world to explore combining America and Mexico in the old west; Cool NPCSGOOD: Great Story; Interesting characters; RPGs elements are in the missions (ex. choosing if you kill him or if everyone else gets to kill him); Great voice acting; Great graphics; Lengthy campaign that lasted me 40 hours); Side missions are really fun to do; Not one mission felt the same as another one; Cool open world to explore combining America and Mexico in the old west; Cool NPCS who do their own business (drinking, horse racing, murdering, playing games, etc.); Fun and abundant amount of side activities (Blackjack, horse breaking, arm wrestling, bounty hunting, etc.); Fun Dead Eye mechanic where you pick targets in slow motion and shoot them; Awesome and fun weapons (my favorite is the lasso); Sometimes, you can use a gatling gun and got to shoot a cannon on one mission; Various vehicles to drive or ride(horses, mules, carriages, etc.); Best horses in gaming history; Cool outfits to collect; Good map and GPS system; Can purchase property (items, houses, horses, etc.); As you go through the game, you will get famous and hear NPCs talking about you as you walk around; Depending on your actions, you will gain and/or lose honor which will make people act a certain way around you; No bugs or glitches that I went through in the single player; Okay checkpoint system; Great autosave system

BAD: In the downloadable version that I got, the multiplayer is broken and crashes immediately after I log on, if I log on; Most loading screens are long; After car racing(one-man carriage with a horse) on one mission, I couldn't do it as a side activity(pretty fun doing that); COULD NOT **** ANY OF THE ABUNDANT SUPPLY OF PROSTITUTES; Could not drive an automobile; Wish there was a whip in the game

FINAL VERDICT: Just alone with the single player, it earns a 9/10! This is my favorite Rockstar game and should be played by everybody. It's an ALL TIME LEGEND!
  70. Jul 18, 2014
    This is pretty much grand theft horse,the world felt unique and it was fun to just run around being a cowboy although the multiplayer wasn't great the single player was,the story was good and gameplay was fun.apart from the multiplayer everything's great if only this came out on PC.
  71. Jul 3, 2014
    One of the greatest games … story line great graphics great … world to explore huge … endless amount of game play … great ending … if you like gta you most likely will like rdr … nothing to complain about with this game
  72. Jun 8, 2014
    Rockstar really out-smarted themselves, because this is their masterpiece, the BEST rockstar game that I have seen by far. You might say "Oh it's a GTA with cowboy skin pack" and that is not true, sure you might rob horses and unleash chaos; but Red Dead Redemption is more than that.
    I recommend urgently to buy this game NOW!
  73. May 21, 2014
    This game was a classic from the moment it came out and Rockstar knew it. Never before have I played a game that was exactly how I expected and so much more.

Now when I pick up a Rockstar game and play it for the first time, there's always one thing I expect: A gripping story-line with memorable characters in an authentic setting. And if ANYONE tells you that Red Dead Redemption doesn't deliver on these accounts; they haven't completed it.

First of all, it does the necessary. It's an open-world western and it wants to make damn sure you know it is. From the large desert landscapes to the gorgeous mountain top views to the sun's lush lighting, the graphics at the time were stunning and even today they do a great job of immersing you in the wild west. And surprisingly there are varied settings; in a western! Every time you switch towns or cross a border the feel of the world and the characters in it completely changes the mood and tone of the game's setting.

Secondly, it does which no one expected from a western shooter at the time. It tells a brilliantly written story through an adventurous plot with perfect pacing. It almost feels like you're playing through an old western tale or legend. John Marston is the game's tough and gritty protagonist and is exhilarating to play as. He's a whole-hearted gunslinger with a determined path, but the crooked and violent world around him fights against his will to meet his goals all the time. The story is good enough to be a novel, it's that good. People criticized it for being cliched, but c'mon, it's a western! It's supposed to be an iconic adventure tale and it suits this game perfectly.

The gameplay feels intense and adventurous. There's so much to to it's hard to not just make a huge list. Open gunfights between gangs that builds up so much tension, one-on-one showdowns that build up suspense, bounty hunting, horse racing, gambling, robbing banks, chasing down criminals- there's just so much here.

And I haven't even mentioned Multiplayer... well I just did, so lets talk about that. The main complaint many had with GTA IV was that the Multiplayer wasn't good enough to keep people coming back to, leaving the game with a poor replay-ability. Red Dead Redemption however, does have a good Multiplayer. The extremely immersive western world works so in it's favour online. Gather your mates and start a posse and let loose on the towns and cities with revolvers and rifles. It's uncomplicated arcade-ish cowboy gangster fun and as long as you have friends it never really gets redundant.

Beautiful and immersive western settings, legendary story-line, action packed gameplay and a hilariously fun multiplayer to boot. (It's not got offline co-op, so without online multiplayer I'd give it a 9/10)
  74. Apr 30, 2014
    this game is absolutely amazing in lots of ways..there are 3 or 4 games that i rate them perfect 10, and this is one of them .. character and story is perfect graphics are great even today..gameplay has its own innovations..there are glitches in every game and in this one it holds to minimum ..overall immersion is one those you can never forget..a must have classic
  75. Apr 24, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is exactly what you expected from a Rockstar western, the game is basically grand theft horse. The gameplay and presentation is almost identical to it's criminal counterpart and that says a lot about the qualities of this game but the true strength comes from it's characters, especially the lead character John Marston, him and his story arc is videogame storytelling atRed Dead Redemption is exactly what you expected from a Rockstar western, the game is basically grand theft horse. The gameplay and presentation is almost identical to it's criminal counterpart and that says a lot about the qualities of this game but the true strength comes from it's characters, especially the lead character John Marston, him and his story arc is videogame storytelling at it's best. This game is one of the best of it's generation, a must play and one of three contenders for game of the year, however the title just misses out to a more fun sandbox released in the same year. Expand
  76. Apr 19, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game.Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game. Overall, the game is fun. Expand
  77. Apr 13, 2014
    the challenges in the game are stupid . HELLO ! get on with the western man killing his target people .
    way confusing . this game is a cowboy killing not retarted fun challenges . Grade C- maybe a D
  78. Apr 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well , what can I say about this master piece? This was one hell of a journey and I loved and lived each and every moment of it !!
    Graphics: Beside some minor glitches this is one beautiful game running on a 5 year old machine without any frame rate drop. Just wow! Just gorgeous. 10/10
    Story: This was a wonderful journey.A master piece story...10/10 little sad though.
    gameplay : 10/10.With many side quest and other stuffs to do!!
  79. Mar 24, 2014
    This game was made by aliens. San Andreas & Canis Canem Edit were open world masterpieces on the PS2, Red Dead Redemption & GTA 5 stand on the shoulders of Giants, but they are Giants themselves. Mindblowing how far games have come. Even if you hate the Western genre with a passion, RDR is an experience you can't miss.
  80. Mar 18, 2014
    Amazing western.
    Pros:
    Lots to do.
    Great graphics.
    Great gameplay.
    Great voice acting, characters, story and main protagonist.
    Great variety in missions.
    Amazing weather effects.
    Addictive side activities, strangers tasks, hunting, challenges to perform.

Cons:
    In game economy can feel pointless at times.
    Honour and fame doesn't feel too deep and different.
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    The story is awesome, voice acting,characters,story..EVERYTHING....there is not wrong with this game excepting some few bugs...a game like this you will see once at 5-10 years...a totally Masterpiece
  82. Mar 5, 2014
    It's even difficult to call this just a game. It's a masterpiece. The story, the graphics, the characters, the way you love John Marston and hate Edgar Ross, and the other antagonists... Besides that, the game world is beautiful, massive and it's the perfect set. I never played a Western game, and I love Western movies. Red Dead Redemption did not disappointed me. It's certainly, with noIt's even difficult to call this just a game. It's a masterpiece. The story, the graphics, the characters, the way you love John Marston and hate Edgar Ross, and the other antagonists... Besides that, the game world is beautiful, massive and it's the perfect set. I never played a Western game, and I love Western movies. Red Dead Redemption did not disappointed me. It's certainly, with no shadow of doubt, the best game of the generation. Poor PC gamers! Expand
  83. Feb 8, 2014
    Alas I found this a clumsy and confusing game. When you're lost and don't know what to do it becomes dull. I'm sure there's a great game in here, but if it doesn't hook you, it'll be a disappointing experience.
  84. Jan 28, 2014
    The game starts strong; open world, captivating storyline, superb graphics. The controls are very good as well and it really drew me in for the first several hours of gameplay. About halfway through, the I just got bored with it. Sure it's open world but there just nothing to do aside from the main quest. Searching and looting is a waste of time because there is simply nothing outThe game starts strong; open world, captivating storyline, superb graphics. The controls are very good as well and it really drew me in for the first several hours of gameplay. About halfway through, the I just got bored with it. Sure it's open world but there just nothing to do aside from the main quest. Searching and looting is a waste of time because there is simply nothing out there to find. The only way to get new weapons is to finish parts of the main quest. Stranger quests are fruitless at best. Most of the time you're awarded a piece of outfit or some money. But money is plentiful and I really couldn't find a reason to wear any outfits besides the Bounty Hunter Outfit. Seriously, you spend hours trying to get all the pieces for one outfit only to realize there's no point in changing because there's no benefit. I found myself rushing through the objectives and skipping the cinema-tics because I just wanted to play. But there is only a short bit of action followed by more and more horse riding to the next destination. However the treasure hunting challenges were fun, but with money as plentiful as it is, there's no benefit. All in all, a gripping (at first) experience but gets old quick. Buy it used. Expand
  85. Dec 31, 2013
    A Rockstar novamente nunca decepciona, e com certeza Red Dead Redemption um dos seus melhores jogos. A História, personagens e gráficos e sem contar a imensidão de seu mundo aberto fabuloso.
  86. Dec 25, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. Much better than GTA 5 in my opinion. If you do not buy this, you have no idea what you are missing out on. I have no words how to describe the brilliance this game delivers.
  87. Dec 20, 2013
    Overrated a bit. Game play is bland, online was eh, and missions all seemed the same. The only great aspects of this game was the story and graphics. The graphics were amazing and detailed and the story was delicate and immensing.
  88. Dec 13, 2013
    I did not play Red Dead Redemption when it was originally released. I regret that, as it is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Unbelievable singleplayer and multiplayer.
  89. Dec 12, 2013
    This is simply the best game that I have ever played. The most realized virtual world I have ever seen, where just wandering around outside of the main campaign is a joy. And then after putting hours and hours into the single-player I found that the multiplayer mode was also fantastic. If you haven't played this yet on what is now "last generation" systems, you owe it to yourself to pickThis is simply the best game that I have ever played. The most realized virtual world I have ever seen, where just wandering around outside of the main campaign is a joy. And then after putting hours and hours into the single-player I found that the multiplayer mode was also fantastic. If you haven't played this yet on what is now "last generation" systems, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. Cannot recommend this game highly enough. Expand
  90. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is near perfect in almost every way. From the great story arcs to the fantastic variety of characters to the INCREDIBLE SCORE that truly brings the old western feel with its classic spaghetti western music used from REAL old westerns. Which to me shows the dedication to really immerse the gamer in this world and make us feel like were cruising the old west on horse back. ThisThis game is near perfect in almost every way. From the great story arcs to the fantastic variety of characters to the INCREDIBLE SCORE that truly brings the old western feel with its classic spaghetti western music used from REAL old westerns. Which to me shows the dedication to really immerse the gamer in this world and make us feel like were cruising the old west on horse back. This remains the only game I have ever gaves a 10of10 5of5 how ever you want to rate it. To me games like this do not come along often so everyone is missing out on a work of art if you don't pick this up

***Warning DO NOT JUDGE IT OFF THE FIRST 2-3 MISSIONS. won't spoil any of em but they are kinda mundane things meant more for the character to be introduced to others and get to talk. Give this a good hour of playtime and I promise you will be hunting cougars and wolves for hours...& BUFFALO
  91. Dec 7, 2013
    Being late to begin this game I thought I should of started after hearing the amazing reviews the game got. Needless to say I was disappointed. I hated the shooting mechanics which were similar to Gta's (too easy) the story became boring at about half way making the game feel like a chore. The only interesting thing about this game was the excellent characters and voice acting other thenBeing late to begin this game I thought I should of started after hearing the amazing reviews the game got. Needless to say I was disappointed. I hated the shooting mechanics which were similar to Gta's (too easy) the story became boring at about half way making the game feel like a chore. The only interesting thing about this game was the excellent characters and voice acting other then that the game was extremely repetitive. I would not recommend this game to anyone, don't waste your time and money. Expand
  92. Dec 2, 2013
    "The way I see it" this game doesn't live up to the hype. Pick flowers, kill random people, do random "quests" gets old quick especially if you're a completionist like myself. The environment is cool, the concept is great, but most of the characters seemed boring to me. By the end of the game I was just hoping for it all to end. Would love to see more wild west games, but just didn't"The way I see it" this game doesn't live up to the hype. Pick flowers, kill random people, do random "quests" gets old quick especially if you're a completionist like myself. The environment is cool, the concept is great, but most of the characters seemed boring to me. By the end of the game I was just hoping for it all to end. Would love to see more wild west games, but just didn't feel there was enough to this one. Expand
  93. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. el juego me encanto pero hay partes que me pusieron un poco triste y el red dead redemtion undead nightmare es tambien me gusto, john marston muere y vuelve como zombie Expand
  94. Nov 24, 2013
    What an amazing game this was, it was unique in almost every way. I would say this is best for hardcore gamers due to many reasons. It would be nice to see more games like this in the future and with the new grand theft auto i'm sure rockstar company will be making a new game or continue one because the amount of money they made could result in another a++ game.
  95. Oct 23, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece of a game. The world is beautifully crafted and the story is engaging. As a person who though GTAIV was only so-so, I can fully endorse this. There is a wide variety of mission types to do and the minigames are actually fun. The characters are likable and the voice acting and animations are really nice. Graphics are great on the 360, especially for a console game.Simply a masterpiece of a game. The world is beautifully crafted and the story is engaging. As a person who though GTAIV was only so-so, I can fully endorse this. There is a wide variety of mission types to do and the minigames are actually fun. The characters are likable and the voice acting and animations are really nice. Graphics are great on the 360, especially for a console game. Anyone complaining about lock on shooting is out of their mind. Half the time in this game you are riding on a horse, shooting people on other horses. Without lock on you'd never hit anything as the action is too fast and people don't just stand there to let you shoot them. That's why you can go manual in Dead Eye mode, because it slows everything down to possible speeds. It is a joy to ride around the countryside and the random events that happen there really break up any monotony you might feel. Expand
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    i liked the whole western theme and the way they went about features of the wild west and the story is good with a lot of twists so it kept me interested and im glad you weren't doing pointless jobs for people throughout the game.Overall one of my favourite games
  97. Oct 19, 2013
    red dead redemption is undoubtedly the best game of 2010, it is a game that unanimous merce any marks to give to him, is like a gta larger, old-west and not thieves, should I say more?
  98. Sep 19, 2013
    Best gunslinging game Rockstar Games....ever made. Clearly beats out its superhit Grand Theft Auto IV. The gameplay's great. The cutscenes are better than GTA IV in all aspects. The graphics of the game is amazing. The storyline's great. Great game.!!! It worthed every penny i bought. I wasted my money on a great game. So, no worries..
  99. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a masterpiece. It depicts a former outlaw trying to round up his old gang and handing them over to the authorities in order to get his family back. The game takes place at the end of the "Cowboy era" and Rockstar have done magnificently to show this. The graphics and the scenery in the game are nothing short of breath-taking, the storyline is deeply engaging and has you hooked right from the beginning and the characters have been masterfully created and scripted. The AI is also amazing as is the open world gameplay. The main protagonist, John Marston will go down in history as one of the greatest video-game characters ever, and the ending will go down as one of the saddest ever. The multiplayer in the game is also fantastic with many things to do, from horse races to gang hideouts. In short, this is possibly the greatest game ever made (except perhaps GTA IV). Rockstar, you've done it again! Expand
  100. Aug 29, 2013
    More mature, deeply developed and cinematic than anything else Rockstar had done before, Red Dead Redemption really outdid my expectations. The story is gripping and well-paced, leading you across a huge and varied map. The combat is tight and stylish, though unfortunately the movement controls aren't as precise. Firing while on horseback takes a lot of getting used to, as does navigationMore mature, deeply developed and cinematic than anything else Rockstar had done before, Red Dead Redemption really outdid my expectations. The story is gripping and well-paced, leading you across a huge and varied map. The combat is tight and stylish, though unfortunately the movement controls aren't as precise. Firing while on horseback takes a lot of getting used to, as does navigation in general. These slight imperfections do nothing to tarnish the masterpiece that is RDR, and it holds its place as one of the best console exclusives of this generation. Expand
  101. SFN
    Jan 4, 2011
    the game is absolutly amazing, i mean the stroy line behind it is really really good, the graphics are amazing!!! Rockstar really out did themselfves yet again with this game, this is definitly worth every single pit of your money and trust me you"ll be glad you bought it.

1. 'Red Dead Redemption' is a must buy. Every Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owner should play this game (as long as they're over 18 and not a member of PETA). The only reasons I can't give this game a full 10 are the annoying glitches, connection issues and the lack of difficulty.
  2. AceGamez
    At times breathtaking, often awe-inspiring and never, ever dull, Red Dead Redemption is already one of 2010's biggest hitters, and is likely to become one of this generation's greatest achievements. A staggering work of art.
    RDR is a phenomenal game that stands out as one of the year's best. The utmost attention to detail is apparent in every aspect, and is something that no gamer should miss.