9.0

Universal acclaim- based on 1977 Ratings

1. Nov 28, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is a great western themed open world game. It puts you in the cowboy boots of John Marston, a former outlaw who is now in trouble with previously associated gangs and government men, and is also trying to get back with his family. It seems a bit cliche at first, cuz it is, but it's not a bad thing because it takes a cliche setup and does cool things with it. To gain hisRed Dead Redemption is a great western themed open world game. It puts you in the cowboy boots of John Marston, a former outlaw who is now in trouble with previously associated gangs and government men, and is also trying to get back with his family. It seems a bit cliche at first, cuz it is, but it's not a bad thing because it takes a cliche setup and does cool things with it. To gain his "redemption" he meets interesting and memorable characters along the way, and asked to participate in assaults and movents and gets involved with different factions and there's some good plot twists and a few really sad moments. Even though John Marston is a little bit of an **** you still care about him and his motivations as he shows real emotion and is well written and performed. This game is made by the same people as GTA, so it takes heavy influence from the GTA games. It's an open world game where you do story missions, side missions, buy weapons and supplies from stores play mini games such as poker, and of course mess around and have chaotic fun in your own way. The open world is pretty big and surprisingly diverse. There's country side, a swampy forest areas, snowy mountains, and of course deserts. But each desert has a different tone to it, such as one that's Arizona like red while another is blaring white hot sand. You travel through the open world through riding horses all over the place which can get extremely boring at times, or fast travel by setting up a camp or paying for a carriage ride. The story missions can also get a bit repetitive. A lot of them just have you ride your horse to some place, shoot some guys that somebody doesn't like and that's it. But every now and then something refreshing happens such as raiding a fort or defending a train. The horse riding feels a bit weird at first but once you get the hang of it it works pretty well. The shooting works like a standard third person shooter. Rb take cover, lt to auto aim at an enemy, rt to shoot. But the cool thing about this game is dead eye, which allows you to slow down time and aim at specific parts of an enemy and it shoots for you. While his is fun, it's a bit overpowered and gives you an unfair advantage over the enemies at times. Which brings me to a problem I personally had with the game, but it may not bother everybody. This game is EXTREMELY easy. There is no difficulty setting, so I don't have an option to make the game more challenging if I want to. I know games these days are generally pretty easy, but can still be a little challenging every now and then, but this game is almost never challenging at all. But this May not bother everybody. One new thing this game adds is the fame and honor system. If you help random strangers and do jobs, you will gain honor and fame. But if you start shooting random people and stealing stuff, you will lose fame and honor and get a bounty on your head. In GTA if you did bad stuff you could simply wash your sins away by getting your car resprainted at pay n spray and the cops go away, so it's a nice change. This game also fixes a lot of the incredibly annoying problems that GTA IV didn't fix by adding the weapon wheel, less rag dolly physics, and a freaking mid mission checkpoint system so you don't have to start a mission all over again. All these improvements made their way into GTA V. In terms of graphics, while the game came out in 2010, it looks like it came out in 2013. They really are that freaking good. Every texture is super detailed and and it has an impressive draw distance where you can gorgeous vistas from clifftops. There are some glitches, but none of them are game breaking. There mainly just funny glitches that you tubers like to exploit for fun. The sounds effects are rather average. Gunshots sound like gunshots. Horses sound like horses. Footsteps sound like footsteps. But the voice acting is incredible as normal for a game made by Rockstar Games. The soundtrack is also very good, it sounds western the way it should. So if you like open world games, I'm not sure if this is a must have, but it's definitely worth checking out if you get the chance. After all it is super cheap nowadays. But if you want a good western cowboy game, then it's without a doubt a must have. There really aren't that many western games out there and it's awesome to see a reputable company like Rockstar to take the time and money to make one. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    Easily the best game Rockstar has made and one of the best of all time. Red Dead Redemption has one of the best stories in a video game as it follows the life of John Marston; an outlaw that is trying to run away from his past. Red Dead Redemption is fun to play and makes you feel for John Marston.

The shooting works very well, it has a lot of side missions, the graphics are gorgeous, it gives you a lot of freedom and the soundtrack and music is amazing (Such as Compass, Far Away and general combat music).

Everyone, even the people who don't enjoy video games, have to play Red Dead Redemption.
  3. Nov 19, 2014
    This is the best game I've ever played
    Thats all I have to say.............
    ...........................................................................
  4. Nov 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very great game actually makes you think your in the dying days of the cowboy and the future(1911) is happening. Great story of love,loss and betrayal. 10/10 Expand
  5. Oct 10, 2014
    By far the best game I ever played. Incredible atmosphere, amazing characters, superb soundtrack and a story that punches you right in the chest. I'll never forget the main character, John Marston, so unique, well told and acted.
    I WANT MORE LIKE THIS!

The Undead Nightmare DLC is nice great fun too, but nothing more than that.

Cheers from Austria.
  6. Aug 11, 2014
    Awesome gameplay, awesome weapons, awesome characters, and an awesome "ending". Just about everything that I look for in a game.I also love the relation to G.T.A in that in order to buy things you have to unlock them.
  7. Jul 30, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is without a doubt a masterpiece. Red Dead Redemption is essentially Grand Theft Auto set in the old west. The story is very good and interesting and all of the missions are filled with action, excitement, and are just great to play. I love all the characters as they range from being funny to crazy to being a heartless killer. The environment is breath taking with a lotRed Dead Redemption is without a doubt a masterpiece. Red Dead Redemption is essentially Grand Theft Auto set in the old west. The story is very good and interesting and all of the missions are filled with action, excitement, and are just great to play. I love all the characters as they range from being funny to crazy to being a heartless killer. The environment is breath taking with a lot of beautiful scenery that will make you want to explore the whole map. The graphics are great and the combat is a big improvement from other Rockstar games. Red Dead Redemption also has multiplayer. The online part is incredible and extremely fun. You and your friends can roam around the map on horses and go to towns to cause trouble or even go to an armed fort and fight off incoming authorities. The death matches are really fun as they start off as a stand-off and then evolve into a blood bath. This game is a must have and it will never get old. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2014
    The western genre hasn't really had a good number of games. Then suddenly, Red Dead Redemption comes along and was so brilliant it completely filled the gap. With an amazing setting, illustrious characters and top notch gameplay, it is hard to argue otherwise. This game brings back memories of the cowboy classics, and blows them straight out of the water. I can guarantee that you willThe western genre hasn't really had a good number of games. Then suddenly, Red Dead Redemption comes along and was so brilliant it completely filled the gap. With an amazing setting, illustrious characters and top notch gameplay, it is hard to argue otherwise. This game brings back memories of the cowboy classics, and blows them straight out of the water. I can guarantee that you will never again see a game that redefines the western genre quite like Red Dead Redemption. It's beautiful, fun and is a masterpiece. Expand
  9. Jul 18, 2014
    GOOD: Great Story; Interesting characters; RPGs elements are in the missions (ex. choosing if you kill him or if everyone else gets to kill him); Great voice acting; Great graphics; Lengthy campaign that lasted me 40 hours); Side missions are really fun to do; Not one mission felt the same as another one; Cool open world to explore combining America and Mexico in the old west; Cool NPCSGOOD: Great Story; Interesting characters; RPGs elements are in the missions (ex. choosing if you kill him or if everyone else gets to kill him); Great voice acting; Great graphics; Lengthy campaign that lasted me 40 hours); Side missions are really fun to do; Not one mission felt the same as another one; Cool open world to explore combining America and Mexico in the old west; Cool NPCS who do their own business (drinking, horse racing, murdering, playing games, etc.); Fun and abundant amount of side activities (Blackjack, horse breaking, arm wrestling, bounty hunting, etc.); Fun Dead Eye mechanic where you pick targets in slow motion and shoot them; Awesome and fun weapons (my favorite is the lasso); Sometimes, you can use a gatling gun and got to shoot a cannon on one mission; Various vehicles to drive or ride(horses, mules, carriages, etc.); Best horses in gaming history; Cool outfits to collect; Good map and GPS system; Can purchase property (items, houses, horses, etc.); As you go through the game, you will get famous and hear NPCs talking about you as you walk around; Depending on your actions, you will gain and/or lose honor which will make people act a certain way around you; No bugs or glitches that I went through in the single player; Okay checkpoint system; Great autosave system

BAD: In the downloadable version that I got, the multiplayer is broken and crashes immediately after I log on, if I log on; Most loading screens are long; After car racing(one-man carriage with a horse) on one mission, I couldn't do it as a side activity(pretty fun doing that); COULD NOT **** ANY OF THE ABUNDANT SUPPLY OF PROSTITUTES; Could not drive an automobile; Wish there was a whip in the game

FINAL VERDICT: Just alone with the single player, it earns a 9/10! This is my favorite Rockstar game and should be played by everybody. It's an ALL TIME LEGEND!
  10. Jul 18, 2014
    This is pretty much grand theft horse,the world felt unique and it was fun to just run around being a cowboy although the multiplayer wasn't great the single player was,the story was good and gameplay was fun.apart from the multiplayer everything's great if only this came out on PC.
  11. Jul 3, 2014
    One of the greatest games … story line great graphics great … world to explore huge … endless amount of game play … great ending … if you like gta you most likely will like rdr … nothing to complain about with this game
  12. Jun 8, 2014
    Rockstar really out-smarted themselves, because this is their masterpiece, the BEST rockstar game that I have seen by far. You might say "Oh it's a GTA with cowboy skin pack" and that is not true, sure you might rob horses and unleash chaos; but Red Dead Redemption is more than that.
    I recommend urgently to buy this game NOW!
  13. Jun 8, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is undisputedly the greatest game ever made. GTA is good, but Rockstar really shines with RDR.

Usually with every great game i get my hands on, I can usually find at least 1 flaw, even a tiny one. This is not the case with RDR. The character development, storyline, gameplay, open world design, shooting/moving/horse riding mechanics, and missions are flawless in every sense of the word.

I probably played over 500 video games in my life time so I'm not novice. I always pay attention to every little detail to each game i play. This is gamings Da Vinci moment and it makes me forget that GTA even exists!
  14. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 9.8 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 8.5 Fun/Story: 9.3

An amazing sandbox with gorgeous graphics despite some minor bugs. The only main problem of the game (to give it 10) is the gameplay. It´s good but i think it deserves even better controls.
  15. May 21, 2014
    This game was a classic from the moment it came out and Rockstar knew it. Never before have I played a game that was exactly how I expected and so much more.

Now when I pick up a Rockstar game and play it for the first time, there's always one thing I expect: A gripping story-line with memorable characters in an authentic setting. And if ANYONE tells you that Red Dead Redemption doesn't deliver on these accounts; they haven't completed it.

First of all, it does the necessary. It's an open-world western and it wants to make damn sure you know it is. From the large desert landscapes to the gorgeous mountain top views to the sun's lush lighting, the graphics at the time were stunning and even today they do a great job of immersing you in the wild west. And surprisingly there are varied settings; in a western! Every time you switch towns or cross a border the feel of the world and the characters in it completely changes the mood and tone of the game's setting.

Secondly, it does which no one expected from a western shooter at the time. It tells a brilliantly written story through an adventurous plot with perfect pacing. It almost feels like you're playing through an old western tale or legend. John Marston is the game's tough and gritty protagonist and is exhilarating to play as. He's a whole-hearted gunslinger with a determined path, but the crooked and violent world around him fights against his will to meet his goals all the time. The story is good enough to be a novel, it's that good. People criticized it for being cliched, but c'mon, it's a western! It's supposed to be an iconic adventure tale and it suits this game perfectly.

The gameplay feels intense and adventurous. There's so much to to it's hard to not just make a huge list. Open gunfights between gangs that builds up so much tension, one-on-one showdowns that build up suspense, bounty hunting, horse racing, gambling, robbing banks, chasing down criminals- there's just so much here.

And I haven't even mentioned Multiplayer... well I just did, so lets talk about that. The main complaint many had with GTA IV was that the Multiplayer wasn't good enough to keep people coming back to, leaving the game with a poor replay-ability. Red Dead Redemption however, does have a good Multiplayer. The extremely immersive western world works so in it's favour online. Gather your mates and start a posse and let loose on the towns and cities with revolvers and rifles. It's uncomplicated arcade-ish cowboy gangster fun and as long as you have friends it never really gets redundant.

Beautiful and immersive western settings, legendary story-line, action packed gameplay and a hilariously fun multiplayer to boot. (It's not got offline co-op, so without online multiplayer I'd give it a 9/10)
  16. Apr 30, 2014
    this game is absolutely amazing in lots of ways..there are 3 or 4 games that i rate them perfect 10, and this is one of them .. character and story is perfect graphics are great even today..gameplay has its own innovations..there are glitches in every game and in this one it holds to minimum ..overall immersion is one those you can never forget..a must have classic
  17. Apr 24, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is exactly what you expected from a Rockstar western, the game is basically grand theft horse. The gameplay and presentation is almost identical to it's criminal counterpart and that says a lot about the qualities of this game but the true strength comes from it's characters, especially the lead character John Marston, him and his story arc is videogame storytelling atRed Dead Redemption is exactly what you expected from a Rockstar western, the game is basically grand theft horse. The gameplay and presentation is almost identical to it's criminal counterpart and that says a lot about the qualities of this game but the true strength comes from it's characters, especially the lead character John Marston, him and his story arc is videogame storytelling at it's best. This game is one of the best of it's generation, a must play and one of three contenders for game of the year, however the title just misses out to a more fun sandbox released in the same year. Expand
  18. Apr 19, 2014
    Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game.Red Dead Redemption is a pretty good game, but I feel it is overrated. While the game-play is excellent, the game suffers in several areas. The highly praised story is rather boring, and John's dialogue is pretty repetitive. Traveling from point A to B can take really long, because the horses aren't very fast. I also dread ranching missions, but I generally dread them in any western game. Overall, the game is fun. Expand
  19. Apr 13, 2014
    the challenges in the game are stupid . HELLO ! get on with the western man killing his target people .
    way confusing . this game is a cowboy killing not retarted fun challenges . Grade C- maybe a D
  20. Apr 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well , what can I say about this master piece? This was one hell of a journey and I loved and lived each and every moment of it !!
    Graphics: Beside some minor glitches this is one beautiful game running on a 5 year old machine without any frame rate drop. Just wow! Just gorgeous. 10/10
    Story: This was a wonderful journey.A master piece story...10/10 little sad though.
    gameplay : 10/10.With many side quest and other stuffs to do!!
  21. Mar 24, 2014
    This game was made by aliens. San Andreas & Canis Canem Edit were open world masterpieces on the PS2, Red Dead Redemption & GTA 5 stand on the shoulders of Giants, but they are Giants themselves. Mindblowing how far games have come. Even if you hate the Western genre with a passion, RDR is an experience you can't miss.
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    Amazing western.
    Pros:
    Lots to do.
    Great graphics.
    Great gameplay.
    Great voice acting, characters, story and main protagonist.
    Great variety in missions.
    Amazing weather effects.
    Addictive side activities, strangers tasks, hunting, challenges to perform.

Cons:
    In game economy can feel pointless at times.
    Honour and fame doesn't feel too deep and different.
  23. Mar 12, 2014
    The story is awesome, voice acting,characters,story..EVERYTHING....there is not wrong with this game excepting some few bugs...a game like this you will see once at 5-10 years...a totally Masterpiece
  24. Mar 5, 2014
    It's even difficult to call this just a game. It's a masterpiece. The story, the graphics, the characters, the way you love John Marston and hate Edgar Ross, and the other antagonists... Besides that, the game world is beautiful, massive and it's the perfect set. I never played a Western game, and I love Western movies. Red Dead Redemption did not disappointed me. It's certainly, with noIt's even difficult to call this just a game. It's a masterpiece. The story, the graphics, the characters, the way you love John Marston and hate Edgar Ross, and the other antagonists... Besides that, the game world is beautiful, massive and it's the perfect set. I never played a Western game, and I love Western movies. Red Dead Redemption did not disappointed me. It's certainly, with no shadow of doubt, the best game of the generation. Poor PC gamers! Expand
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    Alas I found this a clumsy and confusing game. When you're lost and don't know what to do it becomes dull. I'm sure there's a great game in here, but if it doesn't hook you, it'll be a disappointing experience.
  26. Jan 28, 2014
    The game starts strong; open world, captivating storyline, superb graphics. The controls are very good as well and it really drew me in for the first several hours of gameplay. About halfway through, the I just got bored with it. Sure it's open world but there just nothing to do aside from the main quest. Searching and looting is a waste of time because there is simply nothing outThe game starts strong; open world, captivating storyline, superb graphics. The controls are very good as well and it really drew me in for the first several hours of gameplay. About halfway through, the I just got bored with it. Sure it's open world but there just nothing to do aside from the main quest. Searching and looting is a waste of time because there is simply nothing out there to find. The only way to get new weapons is to finish parts of the main quest. Stranger quests are fruitless at best. Most of the time you're awarded a piece of outfit or some money. But money is plentiful and I really couldn't find a reason to wear any outfits besides the Bounty Hunter Outfit. Seriously, you spend hours trying to get all the pieces for one outfit only to realize there's no point in changing because there's no benefit. I found myself rushing through the objectives and skipping the cinema-tics because I just wanted to play. But there is only a short bit of action followed by more and more horse riding to the next destination. However the treasure hunting challenges were fun, but with money as plentiful as it is, there's no benefit. All in all, a gripping (at first) experience but gets old quick. Buy it used. Expand
  27. Dec 31, 2013
    A Rockstar novamente nunca decepciona, e com certeza Red Dead Redemption um dos seus melhores jogos. A História, personagens e gráficos e sem contar a imensidão de seu mundo aberto fabuloso.
  28. Dec 25, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece. Much better than GTA 5 in my opinion. If you do not buy this, you have no idea what you are missing out on. I have no words how to describe the brilliance this game delivers.
  29. Dec 20, 2013
    Overrated a bit. Game play is bland, online was eh, and missions all seemed the same. The only great aspects of this game was the story and graphics. The graphics were amazing and detailed and the story was delicate and immensing.
  30. Dec 13, 2013
    I did not play Red Dead Redemption when it was originally released. I regret that, as it is one of the best games I have played in a long time. Unbelievable singleplayer and multiplayer.
  31. Dec 12, 2013
    This is simply the best game that I have ever played. The most realized virtual world I have ever seen, where just wandering around outside of the main campaign is a joy. And then after putting hours and hours into the single-player I found that the multiplayer mode was also fantastic. If you haven't played this yet on what is now "last generation" systems, you owe it to yourself to pickThis is simply the best game that I have ever played. The most realized virtual world I have ever seen, where just wandering around outside of the main campaign is a joy. And then after putting hours and hours into the single-player I found that the multiplayer mode was also fantastic. If you haven't played this yet on what is now "last generation" systems, you owe it to yourself to pick this up. Cannot recommend this game highly enough. Expand
  32. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is near perfect in almost every way. From the great story arcs to the fantastic variety of characters to the INCREDIBLE SCORE that truly brings the old western feel with its classic spaghetti western music used from REAL old westerns. Which to me shows the dedication to really immerse the gamer in this world and make us feel like were cruising the old west on horse back. ThisThis game is near perfect in almost every way. From the great story arcs to the fantastic variety of characters to the INCREDIBLE SCORE that truly brings the old western feel with its classic spaghetti western music used from REAL old westerns. Which to me shows the dedication to really immerse the gamer in this world and make us feel like were cruising the old west on horse back. This remains the only game I have ever gaves a 10of10 5of5 how ever you want to rate it. To me games like this do not come along often so everyone is missing out on a work of art if you don't pick this up

***Warning DO NOT JUDGE IT OFF THE FIRST 2-3 MISSIONS. won't spoil any of em but they are kinda mundane things meant more for the character to be introduced to others and get to talk. Give this a good hour of playtime and I promise you will be hunting cougars and wolves for hours...& BUFFALO
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    Being late to begin this game I thought I should of started after hearing the amazing reviews the game got. Needless to say I was disappointed. I hated the shooting mechanics which were similar to Gta's (too easy) the story became boring at about half way making the game feel like a chore. The only interesting thing about this game was the excellent characters and voice acting other thenBeing late to begin this game I thought I should of started after hearing the amazing reviews the game got. Needless to say I was disappointed. I hated the shooting mechanics which were similar to Gta's (too easy) the story became boring at about half way making the game feel like a chore. The only interesting thing about this game was the excellent characters and voice acting other then that the game was extremely repetitive. I would not recommend this game to anyone, don't waste your time and money. Expand
  34. Dec 2, 2013
    "The way I see it" this game doesn't live up to the hype. Pick flowers, kill random people, do random "quests" gets old quick especially if you're a completionist like myself. The environment is cool, the concept is great, but most of the characters seemed boring to me. By the end of the game I was just hoping for it all to end. Would love to see more wild west games, but just didn't"The way I see it" this game doesn't live up to the hype. Pick flowers, kill random people, do random "quests" gets old quick especially if you're a completionist like myself. The environment is cool, the concept is great, but most of the characters seemed boring to me. By the end of the game I was just hoping for it all to end. Would love to see more wild west games, but just didn't feel there was enough to this one. Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. el juego me encanto pero hay partes que me pusieron un poco triste y el red dead redemtion undead nightmare es tambien me gusto, john marston muere y vuelve como zombie Expand
  36. Nov 24, 2013
    What an amazing game this was, it was unique in almost every way. I would say this is best for hardcore gamers due to many reasons. It would be nice to see more games like this in the future and with the new grand theft auto i'm sure rockstar company will be making a new game or continue one because the amount of money they made could result in another a++ game.
  37. Oct 23, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece of a game. The world is beautifully crafted and the story is engaging. As a person who though GTAIV was only so-so, I can fully endorse this. There is a wide variety of mission types to do and the minigames are actually fun. The characters are likable and the voice acting and animations are really nice. Graphics are great on the 360, especially for a console game.Simply a masterpiece of a game. The world is beautifully crafted and the story is engaging. As a person who though GTAIV was only so-so, I can fully endorse this. There is a wide variety of mission types to do and the minigames are actually fun. The characters are likable and the voice acting and animations are really nice. Graphics are great on the 360, especially for a console game. Anyone complaining about lock on shooting is out of their mind. Half the time in this game you are riding on a horse, shooting people on other horses. Without lock on you'd never hit anything as the action is too fast and people don't just stand there to let you shoot them. That's why you can go manual in Dead Eye mode, because it slows everything down to possible speeds. It is a joy to ride around the countryside and the random events that happen there really break up any monotony you might feel. Expand
  38. Oct 20, 2013
    i liked the whole western theme and the way they went about features of the wild west and the story is good with a lot of twists so it kept me interested and im glad you weren't doing pointless jobs for people throughout the game.Overall one of my favourite games
  39. Oct 19, 2013
    red dead redemption is undoubtedly the best game of 2010, it is a game that unanimous merce any marks to give to him, is like a gta larger, old-west and not thieves, should I say more?
  40. Sep 19, 2013
    Best gunslinging game Rockstar Games....ever made. Clearly beats out its superhit Grand Theft Auto IV. The gameplay's great. The cutscenes are better than GTA IV in all aspects. The graphics of the game is amazing. The storyline's great. Great game.!!! It worthed every penny i bought. I wasted my money on a great game. So, no worries..
  41. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a masterpiece. It depicts a former outlaw trying to round up his old gang and handing them over to the authorities in order to get his family back. The game takes place at the end of the "Cowboy era" and Rockstar have done magnificently to show this. The graphics and the scenery in the game are nothing short of breath-taking, the storyline is deeply engaging and has you hooked right from the beginning and the characters have been masterfully created and scripted. The AI is also amazing as is the open world gameplay. The main protagonist, John Marston will go down in history as one of the greatest video-game characters ever, and the ending will go down as one of the saddest ever. The multiplayer in the game is also fantastic with many things to do, from horse races to gang hideouts. In short, this is possibly the greatest game ever made (except perhaps GTA IV). Rockstar, you've done it again! Expand
  42. Aug 29, 2013
    More mature, deeply developed and cinematic than anything else Rockstar had done before, Red Dead Redemption really outdid my expectations. The story is gripping and well-paced, leading you across a huge and varied map. The combat is tight and stylish, though unfortunately the movement controls aren't as precise. Firing while on horseback takes a lot of getting used to, as does navigationMore mature, deeply developed and cinematic than anything else Rockstar had done before, Red Dead Redemption really outdid my expectations. The story is gripping and well-paced, leading you across a huge and varied map. The combat is tight and stylish, though unfortunately the movement controls aren't as precise. Firing while on horseback takes a lot of getting used to, as does navigation in general. These slight imperfections do nothing to tarnish the masterpiece that is RDR, and it holds its place as one of the best console exclusives of this generation. Expand
  43. Aug 28, 2013
    Beautifull,emotional and mindblowing.One of the best games ever made!!! Rockstar nailed it again(surpise?hahaha,just the expected).Turn off your pc and go buy RDR!!!
  44. Aug 27, 2013
    Can't do half the things you can do in a GTA game. Die when entering waist deep water. Retarded fast traveling system. Pointless awards from challenges. Riding a horse isn't nearly as fun as riding a car. Accidentally target someone and you get into a lot of trouble. Controls suck as if you're used to keyboard mouse. Can't tell friends from enemies in a gun fight.
  45. Aug 18, 2013
    Of all the years of my gaming life, Red Dead Redemption is the greatest game I have ever played bar the Last Of Us. As entertainment, I am not a fan of Western Films or Games so for me to be absolutely blown away by the game is a testament to Red Dead Redemption.

If you are a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games for their story and entertaining action, than you will love RDR. However, if you only play GTA to mess around then RDR may not be for you because there is not as much to do in the sense of vehicles and buildings.

The story of RDR is absolutely fantastic, the characters have so much depth into them which makes them all individually unique. Of all the games I have played, RDR has the best characters hands down. As for the gameplay, it will be one of your best gaming experiences. For example, on GTA IV I would mostly fast travel (Taxi) from A to B if the distance was far but in RDR it doesn't matter the distance, riding a horse is the best option because you are allowed to look at the beautiful landscapes of southern USA and northern Mexico.

The action is also outstanding, there is a feature in the game called Dead Eye which allows the gamer to slow time down, assign there bullets onto a target(s) and then release to unload the chosen bullets onto the enemy. Some say this makes the game to easy, but ultimately it is the gamers choice. Finally, I cannot stress how amazing it is to ride a horse in RDR. It is something you have to experience yourself because it makes the gamer feel on cloud nine.

Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece, simple as that. The story, action, gameplay, characters and in game map makes it one of the greatest games ever made and makes it arguably the best game I have ever played.

46. Aug 17, 2013
    I tried this open before and didn't play it long enough to get into it but I bought it again and I'm really lucky I did because I would have missed one of the greatest xbox 360 games released to date I am always looking for new dating a very into his as lots of games seem to be the same cookie cutter and not a whole lot of differences but this is a unique experience that filled all of myI tried this open before and didn't play it long enough to get into it but I bought it again and I'm really lucky I did because I would have missed one of the greatest xbox 360 games released to date I am always looking for new dating a very into his as lots of games seem to be the same cookie cutter and not a whole lot of differences but this is a unique experience that filled all of my desires especially the desire to have a game I can invest a lot of time so you actually feel like connect to the people and the open world this game is amazing fun I a lot of different ways you control your game and no one game will be exactly like yours. definitely two thumbs up of a perfect 10 Expand
  47. Aug 16, 2013
    Summary: This game is one of Rockstar's best.

-------- This is a video game. It is incredible. It's gameplay is smooth and intrinsically engaging. You should probably already know what you're in for if you're looking at this review, so don't be surprised that it's a third person shooter with emphasis on the western aesthetic. You'll feel like a cowboy in this, and not the good 'ol
    Summary: This game is one of Rockstar's best.

--------

This is a video game. It is incredible.

It's gameplay is smooth and intrinsically engaging. You should probably already know what you're in for if you're looking at this review, so don't be surprised that it's a third person shooter with emphasis on the western aesthetic. You'll feel like a cowboy in this, and not the good 'ol western kind, either. It's like The Unforgiven meets... well, actually, its mostly like The Unforgiven. You're going to shoot your way through tons of mooks, and probably feel pretty bad ass whilst doing it.

However, I mention The Unforgiven because this game has an amazing storyline. I would even go into saying that the story, atmosphere, and characters of the game make it better than the gameplay itself. You can get bored of the gameplay after the solid 40+ hours you'll be asked to play it, but the story will be stuck with you long after the game isn't there. Go into the game because you want to play a game, but for the love of God, beat the game. You'll come away from it with a story.

I only dock a single point because it has, in the past at least, suffered from the rare glitch or bug. I might even excuse that, because I don't remember actually seeing anything bad during my playthrough.
  48. Aug 10, 2013
    This is just one of the best games of all time, history 10/10, gameplay 10/10, soundtrack 10/10, Rockstar
    redeemed after GTA IV, the games has so much to offer the scenary is beautiful if you haven´t bought this game yet because of the deception of GTA IV, don't be afraid.
  49. Aug 7, 2013
    Holy Beautiful, lush, large game Batman!

This is a great alternative to GTA even if it has the same feel in terms of maps, movement, and battles There is so much to do and this is how downloadable content was MEANT TO BE. The game by itself feels like a full game and them some, and the zombie add-on is great welcome addition albeit not absolutely necessary to have a great gaming
    Holy Beautiful, lush, large game Batman!

There is so much to do and this is how downloadable content was MEANT TO BE. The game by itself feels like a full game and them some, and the zombie add-on is great welcome addition albeit not absolutely necessary to have a great gaming experience.

Whaddya wanna do? Hunt? Go For it. Buy some houses? Go for it. Explore for treasure? go for it. Help eccentric and likeable civilians? Go for it. Become the right hand of the law and find outlaws? Go for it. Find collectibles and acquire cool looking gear and suits? Go for it. Sit and make some extra cash playing poker or dice? Go for it. Have a duel with a loud mouth drunkard and increase your reputation? Go for it. Wanna break in a rare extra speedy horse to make your own that you found in the wilderness? Go for it.

And NONE of this has to do with the main story which is varied and has great dialogue. The 3 large maps you explore are unique and available as the story progresses in a great way. Just as you feel you have exhausted one area of exploration, another area is opened up to you.

The ONLY quips I have are that there is no way one man can do that much killing. Also, the getting to cover and movement can be clunky. The automatic targeting system makes it a tad easy although that may be the point in surviving with quick draws in the Wild West realistically). The graphics can get buggy and the game did freeze randomly here and there

But that is small potatoes compared to everything it offers. This is one of the greats.
  50. Aug 1, 2013
    In my opinion it is in the top 10' games in last decade and the best in rockstar games so for me 10/10.OH i forgot to mention about multuplayer ,i think that is prety awesome beacuse it has both: play alone multyplayer and servers like capture the bag ets. SO FOR ME 10/10 FOR SINGLE AND 9/10 FOR MULTIPLAYER
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    Although it doesn't offer the multiplayer experience that GTA IV presented, it is by far Rockstar's best game, and one of my favorites as well. Rockstar takes all of the defining elements of their previous games and makes one incredible experience.
  52. Jul 20, 2013
    This is a masterful game with great and exhilarating gameplay and a very in depth and sad ending. It is the best game of all time and I cannot believe rockstar made another game this amazing. There is SO much to do and all of it is as fun as the last. Many cheats can be enabled to help the not so good gamer. This game is so good and then the multiplayer comes in. All of theThis is a masterful game with great and exhilarating gameplay and a very in depth and sad ending. It is the best game of all time and I cannot believe rockstar made another game this amazing. There is SO much to do and all of it is as fun as the last. Many cheats can be enabled to help the not so good gamer. This game is so good and then the multiplayer comes in. All of the multiplayer modes are fun from the gold bags, to free roam. I do not care for these minor glitches because there small and the game is to amazing to deny. A 10 out of 10 easily. Expand
  53. Jul 3, 2013
    This game, if not my favorite game of all time it is definitely in the top three. This game is the best game Rockstar Games has ever created, which is saying a lot.

The sheer amount of detail in this game is fantastic, everything about it is near perfect (aside from the occasional bug, but that wasn't even a scratch on the overall experience). While of course there is no such thing

While of course there is no such thing as a perfect game, I believe this game is the closest a game has ever gotten to that point.
  54. Jul 2, 2013
    I have to admit to being prejudiced against sandbox games at times. I think Fallout 3 was done well, but the GTA and Crackdown games don't appeal to me. I doubt I would have even tried this game except for the old West theme. People praise the story and voice work in this game, but I don't see how the story compares to an epic saga like Bioshock, Halo, Uncharted or Mass Effect. If youI have to admit to being prejudiced against sandbox games at times. I think Fallout 3 was done well, but the GTA and Crackdown games don't appeal to me. I doubt I would have even tried this game except for the old West theme. People praise the story and voice work in this game, but I don't see how the story compares to an epic saga like Bioshock, Halo, Uncharted or Mass Effect. If you buy this game, get the Game of the Year edition which has the Zombies DLC and several other bonus features. Expand
  55. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok for the people who have not played this game.PLAY IT!!!!!! Why are you still reading go out and buy this. This is my original favorite game it is so amazing people argue saying its boring its to much horse riding. That was what happened in the west their were no cars basically horses and trains just go buy this game this is one of the best games of the generation if not the best. GoOk for the people who have not played this game.PLAY IT!!!!!! Why are you still reading go out and buy this. This is my original favorite game it is so amazing people argue saying its boring its to much horse riding. That was what happened in the west their were no cars basically horses and trains just go buy this game this is one of the best games of the generation if not the best. Go play it!!!!!!! Expand
  56. Jun 28, 2013
    It's amazing how Red Dead Redemption is fun, its minimal details make all the difference, the main character John Marston is one of the best because it set already see on your profile that he is an honorable man trying to rescue his family, the story an optimal history the best style Sergio Leone with moments of humor, violence and somber, even with not very good graphics and lengthyIt's amazing how Red Dead Redemption is fun, its minimal details make all the difference, the main character John Marston is one of the best because it set already see on your profile that he is an honorable man trying to rescue his family, the story an optimal history the best style Sergio Leone with moments of humor, violence and somber, even with not very good graphics and lengthy minutes riding the game manages to be catchy. Expand
  57. Jun 27, 2013
    We all know that Rockstar can make some awesome open world games, however Red Dead Redemption might just be their best work.
    There are many reasons why this game is fantastic. The story perfectly meshes with the whole wild west theme of the game, as does the music. All the characters you meet are unique, very well acted, and memorable. The gameplay is terrific and never gets stale, not even 30 hours into the game. Really, the best part of this game is just riding your horse through Mexico without any destination in mind just to take in the scenery.

An awesome game all around

9.4/10
  58. Jun 24, 2013
    This game cant be better, it is perfect as a third person shooter, as a sand box, as an open world game and as a western story. The story is great and it will take a good time to finish it.
  59. Jun 17, 2013
    An epic western that follows the actions of a husband and father that will do anything for his family from hunting down those he used to consider friends to leading a revolution in mexico John Marston is the living definition of Redemption.

60. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is AWESOME. I honestly don't know how RockStar could make this games varied locations like a desert, grassy plains or forest fun and interesting but they did it. it has extremely fun gameplay and dead eye is a cool way of killing your enemys. the story is awesome and the characters are fun and interesting (John Marston is one of my favorite video game characters of all time) ifThis game is AWESOME. I honestly don't know how RockStar could make this games varied locations like a desert, grassy plains or forest fun and interesting but they did it. it has extremely fun gameplay and dead eye is a cool way of killing your enemys. the story is awesome and the characters are fun and interesting (John Marston is one of my favorite video game characters of all time) if you are wondering how the seemingly basic locations can be fun I will tell you, detail and random events. in fact I had more random events in 1 hour of this game then 3 playthroughs of skyrim. they even have multiplayer and it is not just a generic death match you actually free roam the world and you can form a posse with other players where you can all just become one big gang of outlaws. so buy this game because I bought it only this year for only $20 and I now know what I have was missing. trust me you will love this Expand
  61. Jun 12, 2013
    As civilization begins to encroach on the Wild West reformed outlaw John Martson is threatened by federal Marshalls and forced to pick up his guns in order hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends.
    In terms of open world settings Rockstar have outdone even GTA IV for epic scale with the breathtaking, expansive and diverse landscape providing the perfect background for the games story to take place. Despite some slightly overly long journeys between destinations the player’s interest in the games narrative is easily maintained thanks to a set of characters that are also amongst Rockstars best.

In terms of gameplay Red Dead Redemption sticks pretty close to the now familiar template. Characters with missions that need completing can be seen on the in game map and once accessed further instructions are provided. While the primary focus is obviously on shooting there is a far greater variety in these missions than in the latest in the GTA series. The run, gun and cover system is virtually lifted straight from GTA IV including an auto-aim that can be switched off for those after a real challenge. This, along with a limited bullet time mechanic, is largely successful at allowing the player to feel like a hot shot gunslinger without making the game too easy.

On top of the single-player campaign a generous number of co-op and competitive multi-player modes are also available. After all the pre-launch hype it is disappointing to realise that these don't really compete with the best online shooters but they certainly provide an entertaining distraction from John Marston’s story.
    With a charismatic lead character and hours of gameplay Red Dead Redemption is amongst Rockstars greatest achievements.
  62. Jun 9, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is a pretty decent game, but nothing all that spectacular. Anyone who says this is better than Grand Theft Auto, I would have to argue with them.

John Marston eventually becomes a pretty cool character, during the majority of the start of the game he is just incredibly nice and cheesy. He becomes developed over time, but still the beginning was just not in place with the rest of the game. The majority of the other characters aren't all that interesting, (with a few exceptions).

Missions for the most part are awesome, but once again there are some bad ones. What I am mainly talking about are the herding missions. Those missions are annoying and not fun at all, and they happen entirely too many times. Otherwise, the missions are a blast. I also really liked the dead eye feature, which was fun to use.

Red Dead Redemption is an alright game, but doesn't live up to the hype.
  63. Jun 6, 2013
    Absolutely incredible, Red Dead Redemption is the masterpiece of Rockstar's wonderful collection of games. Every piece of the game is simply amazing. Whether its the emotional story-line, (I actually found myself crying at one point), or the just as interesting multiplayer. (Which pleasantly surprised me) After I finished the single-player, I found myself playing countless hours ofAbsolutely incredible, Red Dead Redemption is the masterpiece of Rockstar's wonderful collection of games. Every piece of the game is simply amazing. Whether its the emotional story-line, (I actually found myself crying at one point), or the just as interesting multiplayer. (Which pleasantly surprised me) After I finished the single-player, I found myself playing countless hours of free-roam with the posse edition being a great aspect of free-roam.

If you find yourself with some time and cash to spare, definitely take your time to pick up Red Dead Redemption. Combined with the great price for the game of the year edition, there is almost no excuse not to play a game as splendid as this.
  64. May 31, 2013
    I was never totally convinced with this game. There are points where it's absolutely beautiful, compelling and absorbing. There are other times where it's frustrating, cheap and shoddy. Which ever side of the fence you sit on, you're going to see at its core a great game. But at times it fails to deliver with its average control scheme, poor combat system, lacking A.I and missons whichI was never totally convinced with this game. There are points where it's absolutely beautiful, compelling and absorbing. There are other times where it's frustrating, cheap and shoddy. Which ever side of the fence you sit on, you're going to see at its core a great game. But at times it fails to deliver with its average control scheme, poor combat system, lacking A.I and missons which some times feel like a pain. These are just some things I didn't like about the game on a personal level which is a shame, because the game is very likeable. I can see why it's so famous but for me, it was average. Expand
  65. May 30, 2013
    I am not a fan of Grand Theft Auto or Rockstar, but this was a well put together game. I enjoyed running around as a gunslinger and killing people for my noble quest of rescuing my family. John Marston is an awesome character and is well developed. This easily offers 40+ hours of gameplay, but once you finish the campaign and side missions, there isn't a whole lot left to do. However itI am not a fan of Grand Theft Auto or Rockstar, but this was a well put together game. I enjoyed running around as a gunslinger and killing people for my noble quest of rescuing my family. John Marston is an awesome character and is well developed. This easily offers 40+ hours of gameplay, but once you finish the campaign and side missions, there isn't a whole lot left to do. However it does have multiplayer so there is some stuff to do. Worth checking out. Expand
  66. May 21, 2013
    This game reserves a spot on my all time top 10. I was extremely hesitant in playing this game, I'm not much of a Rockstar game fan, I dislike the entire GTA series and I'm also not a western-theme fan. So I approached the game negatively and was extremely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The story, though excellent, was overly drawn out on purpose to give more of an engaging andThis game reserves a spot on my all time top 10. I was extremely hesitant in playing this game, I'm not much of a Rockstar game fan, I dislike the entire GTA series and I'm also not a western-theme fan. So I approached the game negatively and was extremely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The story, though excellent, was overly drawn out on purpose to give more of an engaging and enveloping presence in the game's environment. However in doing so it made the game even more tedious at times than most other sandbox games. One thing that I must point out is that there are moments in this game that will stick with you for the rest of your life. It's incredibly rare to find that in a video game. The entire experience surrounding "far away" is truly unforgettable. Expand
  67. May 14, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay are fine tuned to perfection. The graphics are just gorgeous. and its sheer amount of content will make your jaw drop. I would go with the game of the year edition if I were you. Please don't miss out on one of the best video games ever created.
  68. May 5, 2013
    One of greatest game ever made. Really rockstar games never fail in your games, this game really is between the best of this generation. The graphics, the soundrack, the ambientation and mainly the plot, a deep story that holds the attention of the player. The multiplayer mode is somewhat simple, but verry funny, probably you will spend some hours in this mode. My criticisms for this gameOne of greatest game ever made. Really rockstar games never fail in your games, this game really is between the best of this generation. The graphics, the soundrack, the ambientation and mainly the plot, a deep story that holds the attention of the player. The multiplayer mode is somewhat simple, but verry funny, probably you will spend some hours in this mode. My criticisms for this game are the best. But as every game, Red Dead Redemption has its bugs and glitches, but are few of them. Finnaly, Red Dead Redemption is a game that every owner of an Xbox 360 or a PS3 must have. A deserved 10/10. Expand
  69. Apr 26, 2013
    Another great game from Rockstar. Red Dead Redemption is the first Western game to really make it work. The Open world setting is varied and rich and filled with nice little side quests and things to search out. The game has a fairly strong AI and some good set pieces. This review is maybe a little bias as I have now played Far Cry and the Animals in Far Cry are better and there are moreAnother great game from Rockstar. Red Dead Redemption is the first Western game to really make it work. The Open world setting is varied and rich and filled with nice little side quests and things to search out. The game has a fairly strong AI and some good set pieces. This review is maybe a little bias as I have now played Far Cry and the Animals in Far Cry are better and there are more of them but this does not mark down the skill of the game.
    The Characters are well voiced and the game has a good strong plot that does move along nicely. The horse annimation was very good and it did upset me loosing a horse I had for a long time.
    The ending seemed a little rushed for me as you have a lot of missions between major plot moments early on, these seem to reduce as the game went on until it was almost only major plot driven missions towards the end. I did not venture much online with this title as with Rockstar they mainly focus on the campaign which is good.
    If you are a GTA fan and also like Clint Eastwood westerns give this a look
  70. Apr 8, 2013
    It is no question one of the greatest games I have ever played. There is so much to do. The story is the greatest ever in a game. The premise may be overused, but the characters you meet and the way the story is set up is great. Also, the gameplay and graphics are incredible. This is a must play for any gamer.
  71. Apr 4, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption can not help but be compared to Grand Theft Auto IV. The story is interactive, addicting, and overall, fun. The graphics are absolutely phenomenal and look very close to real life. Completing the game 100% takes about 40 hours because of the engaging side quests and long story (57 missions). The story alone without considering optional side missions, challenges, andRed Dead Redemption can not help but be compared to Grand Theft Auto IV. The story is interactive, addicting, and overall, fun. The graphics are absolutely phenomenal and look very close to real life. Completing the game 100% takes about 40 hours because of the engaging side quests and long story (57 missions). The story alone without considering optional side missions, challenges, and strangers would probably take about 20 hours. I found myself doing the side missions first, and then doing some of the story, and then more side missions. Rockstar Games really showed improvement from Grand Theft Auto IV in terms of keeping interest of players, better story and graphics, and filling an open world with various things to do. You could even start up a game of Texas Hold 'Em or Five Finger Fillet. I really enjoyed Dead-Eye and it is really what polishes the game. Red Dead Redemption really shows the open world genre what it is all about and really immerses you in the Western culture of 1911, even if you are not into cowboys and the wild west (which I sure was not). I could not bring myself to rate it a 10 out of 10 for the following reasons. I am not going to spoil it, but the ending to the story was very disappointing, not because it was underwhelming or anticlimactic, but because it ended abruptly and was unnecessary. Furthermore, the save system and computer AI are both awkward. Many times my horse would commit suicide and would require me to get a new one. I found it kind of odd that my horse has no problem jumping off a 300 foot cliff, but there is an invisible wall every time I tell it to go down a 5 foot incline. The glitches are very numerous and you will undoubtedly run into some; such as, sinking underneath the solid ground and going under the map with long motion blurs, dueling someone as they are facing the wrong way, your horse randomly dying for absolutely no reason, objects rendering right in front of your eyes; that kind of stuff. I really hate that the majority of the missions told you to go really far away to actually start doing stuff. All that accomplished was tiring me and wasting my time. One last negative thing, the online multiplayer, in my opinion, is worse than Grand Theft Auto IV's. It works on a experience point system where you work your way up the ranks, but it is irritating because everyone else is already there and you will just get wasted away. You have no chance if you are new so get ready to do a lot of boring missions just for XP. In Grand Theft Auto IV, everyone had a chance; not so much here. Overall, great open world game that really should be picked up for its amazing single player mode and addicting, non-stop, can-not-put-it-down-until-it-is-one-hundred-percent-completed gameplay, with few problems and annoyances. Expand
  72. Mar 31, 2013
    I just love this game!
    Well it did take me 10 months from the first time I played it for two hours before I actually got into it, but boy did the time fly then. The story, graphics and everything ells is absolutely top notch and the DLC's for once is also good
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is amazing. The world is very believable and looks great. The frontier is very large and is split up into three distinct areas. The characters are not very believable, but this is the style that Rockstar Games wanted to make them.

The storyline is probably the best one you will ever encounter in video games. You may find John Marston a little unlikeable at first, but if you give him a little time you will fall in love with him. The game is about John Marston trying to get his family back from the government by hunting down people from his old gang. The story is about 20 hours long if you just do the main missions, to 40 hours if you are going for the 100%.

The world is truly stunning, and there are a lot of great places to visit. It surprises me when people say there is nothing to do, because the game does hold quite a lot of things to do. You can play poker or blackjack against computers, do some jobs for the local towns, go bounty hunting for a bit of change, and much more. Besides, if you can imagine something to do within the world, you probably can do it.

The multiplayer is very innovating. When you enter multiplayer you will be dropped into free roam. This is where you can ride through the world identical to the single player environment. However, you come across other people. If you don't feel up to the free roam, there is a suite of game modes for you to play.

The unfortunate part of the game is that it still has bugs and glitches. Fortunately most of these bugs don't limit the game, but are very strange. I have come across a particularly nasty bug that rendered my game unplayable. This was terrible because I had to go out and buy another new copy of the game to be able to play it again.

I give this game an 8. Everything about it is amazing and you can tell Rockstar Games put lots of care into making this game, but the bugs prove to be annoying and can even break the game. If you have any interest in playing a new game, pick this up and you won't regret it.
  74. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is so good that I bought the zombie version knowing very well that I would be disapointed. I was even pleasantly surprised by how good the zombie game was. Anyway, imagine Grand Theft Auto in the wild wild west. There are even hookers, lol.
  75. Mar 19, 2013
    Clearly this is a game that was meant to be the wet dream of every gamer that is a huge fan of westerns and the GTA series. Judging from public opinion, that's exactly what it is. As to myself. I HATE westerns! To be honest, the only westerns that I remotely like are usually comedies. As to the GTA part: I'm not a huge fan of that franchise but I do like the series and I've enjoyedClearly this is a game that was meant to be the wet dream of every gamer that is a huge fan of westerns and the GTA series. Judging from public opinion, that's exactly what it is. As to myself. I HATE westerns! To be honest, the only westerns that I remotely like are usually comedies. As to the GTA part: I'm not a huge fan of that franchise but I do like the series and I've enjoyed everyone so far to some extent. So, even with my hatred towards westerns *pauses* I actually liked this game. It's by far one of the best games Rockstar has released to date. Great characters, Great story, great gameplay, and such a huge variety of things to do and places to explore. The only reasons I don't score this any higher are primarily because of mty detestment towards westerns, and also because as great as this game is, it also doesn't do too much that we haven't seen before somewhere else, this includes the story (I may hate westerns, but that doesn't mean I haven't seen any.) Overall: My personal grievances aside, this is a great game and deserves to be in everyone's collection. If I can like it, anyone can. Expand
  76. Mar 18, 2013
    The best game that Rockstar games has produced by far! Possibly one of the best Xbox 360 games of all time! I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience playing this game. The narrative was truly engrossing until the end. The end tends to drag on just a tad too long. It is hard to go into detail about that without dropping spoilers so that is as much as I will say. All in all, this was oneThe best game that Rockstar games has produced by far! Possibly one of the best Xbox 360 games of all time! I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience playing this game. The narrative was truly engrossing until the end. The end tends to drag on just a tad too long. It is hard to go into detail about that without dropping spoilers so that is as much as I will say. All in all, this was one of the best games I have played on my Xbox 360 and will certainly hold on to it for a long time to come. Expand
  77. Mar 15, 2013
    This is one of the first games I played and it left some very big shoes to fill for all other games afterwards. As a brand new gamer it challenged me but didn't overwhelm me. The story and the acting are superlative and John Marston is one of the best characters I have ever experienced in any medium, movies, books, and gaming. I have played almost all of Rockstar's games and this if byThis is one of the first games I played and it left some very big shoes to fill for all other games afterwards. As a brand new gamer it challenged me but didn't overwhelm me. The story and the acting are superlative and John Marston is one of the best characters I have ever experienced in any medium, movies, books, and gaming. I have played almost all of Rockstar's games and this if by far the best. It owes a lot I must say to an old game called Gun which I played after Red Dead and I highly recommend it but it is still a very special and unique gaming experience. I am just one voice in the Red Dead army but as a burgeoning gamer this game got me hooked on gaming for life. Expand
  78. Mar 13, 2013
    The game freezes alot of the time, plus the horse riding from A to B is a total bore chore. The characters and the story are involving however the gameplay is not due to its repetitive nature.
  79. Feb 22, 2013
    In 2010 this was the best game you could play Today RDR still stands as the best western gamer ever. The guns are REALLY life like and amazingly historically accurate.
  80. Feb 12, 2013
    Graphics:9.5 Gameplay:6/ Story:4/ soundtracks:6
    -----good,but needs improvements------
    Graphics:9.5 Gameplay:6/ Story:4/ soundtracks:6
    -----good,but needs improvements------
    the only good thing in this is its amazing landscapes and big maps from mid usa ages,even my mother said:wow ,is this a game or real?...very beautiful deserts and nature animals .....sadly this is the only thing good in this game.other things like the gameplay and story plot is boring...just riding your horse for long distances
    technical negatives: bad tutorials,it comes out suddenly while killing enemies and disappear quickly.boring weapones.long horse traveling.hard to understand minigames. riding horse and shooting at the same time only for ppl with tow brains i think O_o.
    looking up for a better RDR2.
  81. Feb 5, 2013
    Rockstar has produced another classic, but this time in an era rarely explored. Games that take place on the american frontier are rare, you have games like Call of Juarez, but, Red Dead Redemption is truly the first epic 'wild west' game. The protagonist, John Marston, is similar to other Rockstar protagonists, but I think he's a good character. The storyline is pretty good, but it movesRockstar has produced another classic, but this time in an era rarely explored. Games that take place on the american frontier are rare, you have games like Call of Juarez, but, Red Dead Redemption is truly the first epic 'wild west' game. The protagonist, John Marston, is similar to other Rockstar protagonists, but I think he's a good character. The storyline is pretty good, but it moves slowly like GTA IV. Technically, the game is good looking but textures on rocks and such are kind of blurry, there are some glitches, the controls are well done. Overall a great game. Expand
  82. Jan 29, 2013
    Typical Rockstar Sandbox game. Some person tells you to go do something halfway across the world. You get there only to be told you need to go to the other side of the world. Riding horses is fun for the first 30 minutes of a pretty long game. It feels like multiplayer was an afterthought in this game. So, definitely don't get it for that. If you like playing the exact same RockstarTypical Rockstar Sandbox game. Some person tells you to go do something halfway across the world. You get there only to be told you need to go to the other side of the world. Riding horses is fun for the first 30 minutes of a pretty long game. It feels like multiplayer was an afterthought in this game. So, definitely don't get it for that. If you like playing the exact same Rockstar game over and over with a different protagonist than this is a good game. Very few racy moments. Story is okay. Overall:
    Pros:
    Good controls
    Story Beautiful graphics

Cons:
    Very repetitive
    Not inventive
    Side-quests are pointless
    Rewards are so few and far between and not worth the hassle.
  83. Jan 25, 2013
    A well writed game, incredible voice acting, beautiful graphics and a lot of stuff to do. Nothing more to say.
  84. Jan 19, 2013
    This game is the best game to come out this gen besides starcraft 2 and im pissed they didnt release this for the pc im really hoping red dead 2 gets a pc release.
    Pls rockstar do a game like this justice and release both red dead 1 and 2 for pc.
    Game is insanly good.
  85. Jan 18, 2013
    If you hate this game you're not a gamer, simple as that. No, I'm not a Rockstar fanboy but it's really so goddamn obvious that Red Dead Redemption is the best game this gen, by far and that is a fact.
  86. Jan 12, 2013
    This game is a trip back in time, when horses and stagecoaches were the most popular means of transport and when wild buffalo roamed the prairies of Th Wild West. This game looks simply stunning and the storyline is well-balanced. This game takes you from the Mexican Desert to the the slops of the Rocky Mountains and constantly throws new environments and side quest at you. You will neverThis game is a trip back in time, when horses and stagecoaches were the most popular means of transport and when wild buffalo roamed the prairies of Th Wild West. This game looks simply stunning and the storyline is well-balanced. This game takes you from the Mexican Desert to the the slops of the Rocky Mountains and constantly throws new environments and side quest at you. You will never get bored here. With the familiar grand theft auto controls and fluent movement Rock Star keeps up with it's impressive list of productions over the years. A world full of nasty characters and here and there someone to help you, but it's clear that in The Wild West.. The only one you can trust, is yourself.. Expand
  87. Jan 7, 2013
    I was so excited for this game after having read the universal praise it received as well as being in the process of watching the western Deadwood on HBO, which is amazing. Unfortunately, this game is an epic bore. It is (mostly) well done technically, just totally uninteresting in its story and gameplay and offers no continuous fun or genuine excitement. I really was hoping for a videoI was so excited for this game after having read the universal praise it received as well as being in the process of watching the western Deadwood on HBO, which is amazing. Unfortunately, this game is an epic bore. It is (mostly) well done technically, just totally uninteresting in its story and gameplay and offers no continuous fun or genuine excitement. I really was hoping for a video game version of Deadwood - lawlessness vs the establishment, debauchery, violence, drunkenness, whoring, double crossing, etc - but this ended up being what I imagine the PBS version of the Wild West must be like: very tame and dull. I got about 4-5 hours into the campaign before I decided it was just never going to get any better and sold it. In the 5 hours I played it I picked flowers, herded cattle, lassoed horses, and had some shootouts that were less interesting and challenging than Whack-A-Mole. The protagonist is wooden and dull (although he is supposed to be some bad-ass ex-gang mofo). The story did have some thematic promise but was ultimately just very unengaging, and the characters that aren't dead weight are overwrought caricatures that just added a silly cartoon-like quality to an otherwise serious endeavor. The actual in-game graphics are beautiful and the terrain is incredibly well done. However, the cutscenes are pretty terrible with awful renderings of the faces (but honestly, that's the case for most games) and go on way too long. After 5 hours the story and gameplay never developed to the point to get me genuinely engaged about any of the characters or their circumstances, and the actual playing of the game was too slow and dull to bother continuing. I am genuinely confused why this received nearly universal acclaim - although beautiful, it is incredibly tedious and one-dimensional. Expand
  88. Jan 3, 2013
    RED DEAD REDEMPTION is one of the best open world games ever made and defenetly the best Western game, i RDR has Top voice acting especially the Protagonist John Marston and the graphics are amazing, the story too! RDR has emotional moments that are just so powerful between each character, 9/10.
  89. Jan 2, 2013
    The best of the best...true that a few glitches will let the game down but it is definitely one for the books!!You can do almost anything from riding horses to having drinks at the bar a getting drunk!!
  90. Dec 29, 2012
    Just when I thought that Rockstar Games couldn't create anything other than overhyped crap, I was proven wrong with this game. And I must tell you, it never felt so good to be wrong.
  91. Nov 30, 2012
    An atmospheric and engaging masterpiece, set in a beautifully realised image of the old west with an ensemble of unforgettable characters. I love this game, with Mass Effect 2 and just a few others it ranks as an all time great in my eyes, possibly my all time number 1. Just making John Marston walk causally along the main street of Armadillo and watching as the heat shimmers and dustAn atmospheric and engaging masterpiece, set in a beautifully realised image of the old west with an ensemble of unforgettable characters. I love this game, with Mass Effect 2 and just a few others it ranks as an all time great in my eyes, possibly my all time number 1. Just making John Marston walk causally along the main street of Armadillo and watching as the heat shimmers and dust kicks up from his boots as he steps is a sight to behold. Intuitive controls, satisfying combat and 'dead eye' along with the brilliant inertia reactions to being shot; there's so much to set this game apart as a joy to play. Its like having the leading role in an ultimately heart wrenching yet epic tale of life and loss in the dying days of the old west. Masterpiece. Expand
  92. Nov 29, 2012
    Again, Rockstar blows our minds. Grand Theft Auto IV was probably a top 10 game of all time on Xbox 360 and this is just another one. Everything goes right in this game. there were a few avoidable and forgettable problems with Grand theft auto IV and this just threw em out
  93. Nov 16, 2012
    The Great Game, The great gameplay, good graphics, great story. I like this game. I play 5 times. The best console game and one of the best games i ever played.
  94. Nov 13, 2012
    I just bought and played this game for the first time. Yes, even two years after its release, the game is a masterpiece, for all the reasons reviewers before me have cited. I'm just writing this to add my review score. Unbelievable world, truly fun missions, good voice acting, good storyline, smooth gameplay.
  95. Oct 29, 2012
    Red Dead Redemption is a stunning game that clips its spurs on the way through to the finishing line. John Marston is one of the year
  96. Oct 28, 2012
    un juegazo aunque a veces en numerosos tramos del juego le falta ritmo
    (las misiones de vaquero son un coñazo)
    GRAFICOS: 10 SONIDO: 8 JUGABILIDAD/DIVERSION:8 DURACION:9
  97. Oct 18, 2012
    If you are a GTA fan or an open world game fan in general this is a must buy. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games i have ever played. Not many games can nail the wild west setting but this game ticks all the boxes, you feel like a bad ass cowboy when you are riding your horse, killing bandits and tieing people up with your lasso. The story is excellent, you play as John Marston anIf you are a GTA fan or an open world game fan in general this is a must buy. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games i have ever played. Not many games can nail the wild west setting but this game ticks all the boxes, you feel like a bad ass cowboy when you are riding your horse, killing bandits and tieing people up with your lasso. The story is excellent, you play as John Marston an ex outlaw but after federal agents threaten his family he is forced to return to his old ways. The visuals are stunningly beautiful and the gameplay is tight....... in short BUY THIS GAME !!! Expand
  98. Sep 28, 2012
    I'm a bit late for this awesome wild-west adventure. Everything is near perfect and almost have nothing to complain about. Easily falling in love with and feeling the atmosphere of the wild west is not the only things you got from the game. More to be explored
  99. Sep 9, 2012
    Wow. Very in depth story, loved all the characters, and allows an amazing amount of freedom. I get the GTA comparisons, but unlike GTA this game doesn't leave you bored after a few hours.
  100. Sep 2, 2012
    campaign is the best story i have ever played for any game, gripping, thrilling and full of plot twists 10/10 must play games.
    multiplayer is very unique and very impressive only down side is online players killing on sight whilst riding around
  101. SFN
    Jan 4, 2011
    the game is absolutly amazing, i mean the stroy line behind it is really really good, the graphics are amazing!!! Rockstar really out did themselfves yet again with this game, this is definitly worth every single pit of your money and trust me you"ll be glad you bought it.

1. 'Red Dead Redemption' is a must buy. Every Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owner should play this game (as long as they're over 18 and not a member of PETA). The only reasons I can't give this game a full 10 are the annoying glitches, connection issues and the lack of difficulty.
  2. At times breathtaking, often awe-inspiring and never, ever dull, Red Dead Redemption is already one of 2010's biggest hitters, and is likely to become one of this generation's greatest achievements. A staggering work of art.
    RDR is a phenomenal game that stands out as one of the year's best. The utmost attention to detail is apparent in every aspect, and is something that no gamer should miss.