Rekoil: Liberator Xbox 360

5.1

1. Feb 3, 2014
    A game that looks promising, but fails on all accounts, Rekoil: Liberator is a game that can't deliver anything it promises. Dull graphics, unbalanced weapons, poor net code and more, this game looks and feels like it's still in it's beta stages rather then a finished product.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    I played the demo of this game for around five minutes. I eventually only got two kills, when I could actually find the other players. The first was a total fluke when someone ran in front of my floating, drifting ironsights, and the second - and this is the clincher - was when one of the other three players spawned directly in front of me, with their back turned. Dull graphics, awfulI played the demo of this game for around five minutes. I eventually only got two kills, when I could actually find the other players. The first was a total fluke when someone ran in front of my floating, drifting ironsights, and the second - and this is the clincher - was when one of the other three players spawned directly in front of me, with their back turned. Dull graphics, awful aiming, a non-existent plot (we need a at least a reason to be doing our shooting these days) make this one uninspiring first-person shooter. You may think the file size of this game might be an issue at around 650MB, and in this case you'd be right. But then the wonderful and innovative Portal: Still Alive was slightly less, and that came out over five years ago. Food for thought. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Feb 25, 2014
    Nothing bout the experience stands out, and in eschewing modern enhancements and conveniences, the developer hasn't crafted a purer or more-to-the-point shooter--just a much less interesting and impactful one. [April 2014, p.72]
    The idea of an FPS in the spirit of Counter-Strike is sound enough, but Rekoil needs to do a lot more than emulate this Valve classic to pull it off.
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    Rekoil is an awful first shooter person full of issues. Bugs, lag, empty servers, glitches, unbalanced weapons and modes... there's no hope for this kind of product.