Remember Me Xbox 360

7.6

1. Jun 6, 2013
    This was the one game that I was looking forward to this year besides Watch_Dogs. I'm generally an avid fan of new titles and go through the ropes of trying out each one in hopes of supporting new ideas instead of supporting the same Call of Duty 9000, Grand Theft Auto 200, and other games that are beginning to repeat into boredom. I put time into my games before I judge them and RememberThis was the one game that I was looking forward to this year besides Watch_Dogs. I'm generally an avid fan of new titles and go through the ropes of trying out each one in hopes of supporting new ideas instead of supporting the same Call of Duty 9000, Grand Theft Auto 200, and other games that are beginning to repeat into boredom. I put time into my games before I judge them and Remember Me is just one game that should have been kept in development for a while longer.

Since the first chapter I was enraptured into the world it was presenting, and though the story started out with the classic amnesia scene that has annoyed since the dawn of video games, I still went through with it. However, as time went on, I found myself annoyed by the constant camera changes and sluggish button commands. I even swapped out for my controller that I barely use just to make sure it wasn't wear on the buttons, but I was still attempting to hit the "A" key to jump a ledge and found my character falling to their death due to unresponsive controls. That was fine. All games have their hiccups, and camera conflict was in Enslaved which I absolutely loved. So I trudged on.

It wasn't until the first boss fight that I really felt myself getting annoyed. I found myself highly aware of the fact that the dodge button would only evade some hits and then leave you open for others of the same combo. It was annoying to say the least, as I play every game on the hardest difficulty, to die over and over again as the dodge button set me up to get hit and die or trying to outmaneuver without the dodge function only to have the camera focus off the boss and get me hit or killed from not being able to see.

The second boss fight was much the same and has me longing that I never picked up the game and instead kept in my mind the image of amazing game play that I had dreamed of since the game was revealed. It's a shame, really, as this game had so much potential and I'm sure its only downfall was the lack of a polish run before release. Or at the very least a targeting system. I will keep playing through. Maybe the game will rub off on me but seeing as I only have a couple chapters left, it looks like I'll be awaiting Watch_Dogs in the fall and the Deus Ex Director's Cut release for the WiiU.

Don't buy now. Wait for a price drop. It's definitely a $20 game. Maybe a $30 if you're not tight on money. I, for one, am regretting going against my "No Capcom" rule as I had forgave them when they did a magnificent port over of Monster Hunter onto the WiiU and 3DS.
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    The gameplay mechanics are pretty good, however the problem is that they rarely utilized. There is no excuse for how little gaming the player actually takes part in. AVOID THIS GAME!

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Remember me is a competent game, but one can't shake the feeling it could be even more. The story is interesting, the soundtrack is wonderful and the vision is thought-provoking.
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Remember Me has an interesting concept and single-player-only storyline, albeit somewhat confusing and vaguely familiar (it has some similarities to Total Recall in many respects). It's a good action-adventure gamers won't forget too quickly (although a lack of multiplayer makes it fade from memory sooner rather than later), despite some of the core elements being not as innovative or unique as they might seem, or as in the case of the memory remixes, not quite as unforgettable as they should be.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jul 2, 2013
    It's never bland, but it is so bland it's impossible to recommend. [Issue#99, p.74]