Remember Me Xbox 360

7.5

1. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    A great start to what hopefully becomes a more fleshed-out series. Although the game's most interesting and fun parts, the memory remixes, only appear a meager 4 times in the game, it's still a fun ride. The customized combat system keeps fighting from becoming stale, and the environment and music create a fantastic atmosphere.

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not many games are. Still, Remember Me is a fantastic game that should be enjoyed, short as it may be.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    This game was not what they presented it to be. I like the setting and environment but it lacked too much in everything else. Way too linear and the combat is repetitive and boring. Voice acting is garbage and story was hit and miss. I can't throw the blame to Capcom though since they were only a publisher, DONTNOD Entertainment. They are a first timer from what i read on wiki so this isntThis game was not what they presented it to be. I like the setting and environment but it lacked too much in everything else. Way too linear and the combat is repetitive and boring. Voice acting is garbage and story was hit and miss. I can't throw the blame to Capcom though since they were only a publisher, DONTNOD Entertainment. They are a first timer from what i read on wiki so this isnt bad for a first time dev house. Capcom was just doing them a solid publishing this game so *fistbump* to Capcom for helping the little guys where others wouldn't. Expand
  5. Jun 6, 2013
    this game as a game.... really failed hard.... the gameplay is so casualized u could not to watch the screen most of the time (except for some bosses) enemies are dumber than hell and repetitive they don't have too many moves they are lacking of any tipe of tactic they don't dodge (but some of them blocks) bosses are kinda lame they hawe something like 4 moves and they spam them (one ofthis game as a game.... really failed hard.... the gameplay is so casualized u could not to watch the screen most of the time (except for some bosses) enemies are dumber than hell and repetitive they don't have too many moves they are lacking of any tipe of tactic they don't dodge (but some of them blocks) bosses are kinda lame they hawe something like 4 moves and they spam them (one of them is a copy paste from batman arkham asylum's bane.... and it was less lame in thet game) AND FOR THE REST IT'S A FREAKING ASSASSIN'S CREED CLONE... with also tips in any situation... AND I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!!!WHY THE GAME THINKS I AM AN IDIOT???? then it's the memory mixing... that's the only thing that look like original in this game but it's pretty boring at times...most of the time is enjoyable but commands are horrible ...c'mn why i have to circle the all the time? wasn't better to press a trigger like it was a movie? speaking of witch THIS IS NOT A GAME IT'S A FREAKING MOVIE!!!!
    i'm not giving a 3 or a 4 cause the art and the music are soo impressive and they are inspired by blade runner in a good way i think... also the story is really good.... but...... it's a game....or it should be a game
  6. Jun 24, 2013
    Remember me is an interesting take on something "new" but does it deliver? Sadly it does not, i wont go as far as saying this game is awful and a waste of time, but it could have been done way better than this. The story is not really interesting as the idea itself and the only thing that keeps you going is the main protagonist, other than that it was pointless. The one thing i can trulyRemember me is an interesting take on something "new" but does it deliver? Sadly it does not, i wont go as far as saying this game is awful and a waste of time, but it could have been done way better than this. The story is not really interesting as the idea itself and the only thing that keeps you going is the main protagonist, other than that it was pointless. The one thing i can truly say that was quite good was the soundtrack, that was actually good but the soundtrack alone isn't work paying full price, in the end you get a game that could have been amazing but had to dull down to something boring and uninteresting. The combat system tries to take ideas from games that rewrote the combat genre such as the Arkham games but it fails that miserably. Hopefully it will learn from it's own mistakes and maybe make one for the next gen consoles that could live up to expectations. Expand
  7. Jul 2, 2013
    Great concept, nice art & sound design, great music, good VOs, a couple of great gameplay ideas and various problems of a game of the past.
    Memory remixes and creating your combos along with the boss encounters and the quite unexpected turns of the story are the good parts, while it suffers from the worst camera in ages, blunt combat (despite the strategic parts) and a very VERY linear path. It's disapponting, cause it could have been so much more. Lets cross our fingers for the sequel (probably ain't gonna happen)
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    Remember Me is a new franchise in a time of video games where sequels are top dog. Remember Me tells the story of Nilin, a memory hunter, who has had her memory wiped and has to fight to get it back. The story has some interesting moments but does not use its new ideas to their full potential. The game play is a beat-um-up but with a twist. You can create your own combos, but you areRemember Me is a new franchise in a time of video games where sequels are top dog. Remember Me tells the story of Nilin, a memory hunter, who has had her memory wiped and has to fight to get it back. The story has some interesting moments but does not use its new ideas to their full potential. The game play is a beat-um-up but with a twist. You can create your own combos, but you are restricted to what buttons you put into the combos. The combat itself gets more interesting as you play, but there is a stretch in the beginning of the game that really drags on with limited combat moves. I hope Remember Me gets a sequel so it can fix some of the problems it has. In the end, Remember Me is kind of forgettable and does not stand out from the pack of sequels and big blockbusters. Expand
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    The game is good overall. Fights are fun even though they're a bit repetitive. Music and graphics are awesome and the story is fine. However, the games is really short and kinda easy even at the highest difficulty.
    It took me 20 hours to complete the game and I started at the highest difficulty right off the bat and also Im usually the kind of player who take my time. I wouldnt be impressed at all if you finish the game in 8 hours especially if you play on normal.
    The game has a poor replayability and there's not much to do once you completed it. Even though I liked the game, I'm forced to admit that it's not worth 50$ at all and I felt a bit stolen once I was done with the game. I'd wait for a 50%+ sell if I was you
  10. Jan 3, 2017
    Remember Me is a great concept with a muddled execution that falls into mediocrity.

Remember Me's gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.The combat is awful,but the platforming,while simplistic,remains enjoyable.The memory glitch sequences where you mess with someone's memory to give them different thoughts is another great concept,but ends up only being okay. The graphics are

The graphics are stunning,and the game does not have any performance problems.

The story here has real potential,I won't spoil it in case you want to play the game.

Sound design is decent,but the soundtrack is great.

Overall,Remember Me's story,graphics and soundtrack pull it slightly above mediocrity.The gameplay is what holds this game back,and it does not look like developer DONTNOD Entertainment will ever get an opportunity to make a sequel to fulfil this game's potential,which is a shame.

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Remember me is a competent game, but one can't shake the feeling it could be even more. The story is interesting, the soundtrack is wonderful and the vision is thought-provoking.
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Remember Me has an interesting concept and single-player-only storyline, albeit somewhat confusing and vaguely familiar (it has some similarities to Total Recall in many respects). It's a good action-adventure gamers won't forget too quickly (although a lack of multiplayer makes it fade from memory sooner rather than later), despite some of the core elements being not as innovative or unique as they might seem, or as in the case of the memory remixes, not quite as unforgettable as they should be.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jul 2, 2013
    It's never bland, but it is so bland it's impossible to recommend. [Issue#99, p.74]