7.5

1. Jun 8, 2013
    This is one of best game you will play, trust me! In these days people are getting stupid or I don't know why suck a best game is only 7/10, I'm gamer since 96' and few games have trilled me so much, what's so nice it's this game it's not only a "game" it's a part of bad side of humanity if you know what I mean, you must play this game!
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros: Visuals This game is

Pros:

Visuals This game is beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    Just finished Remember Me. Damn.. what a game. I still can't believe the reception for it has been so lackluster. The game has it's faults, but giving this game a score of anything below a 6? Really?
  5. Jun 9, 2013
    The look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, andThe look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, and 2 fixed all the mistakes.), I can imagine the sequel coming out on Next-Gen machines and being a must-buy.

I consider this a must buy if you are a fan of something beautiful and different than the shooty games.

The parts that needed polish are not enough to detract from what feels like a new sci-fi epic, reminiscent of Blade Runner and other Philip K. Dick stories, and 1984. I give it 5 breath-of-fresh-air Stars.
  6. Jun 9, 2013
    First Impressions are a big thing to me with games. In the first ten minutes of it this game immediately hooks you as you feel like you're really thrown into Nilins' situation. (main character)
    I only got to play it for about 45 minutes this morning but from what I can tell, the game play is very much a cross between the new Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
    The fighting system is rather
    The fighting system is rather unique in itself, as a dodge can break up a combo that was being executed, and the combos themselves are ones YOU make up and program in, as opposed to having to memorize them.
    As far as graphics and sound go, I'd absolutely say a 10 on both in my opinion. They're smooth and sleek with a LOT going on in the background on most levels.

In the end if you like a game where you can scale walls and buildings like Tomb Raider, have a fighting system like Prince of Persia where you can actively dodge, and a badass story line where social media gets way out of hand, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  7. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    This was a masterpiece since when did they ever make games as brilliant as this you have to admit this is a game not to miss.

Everyone has there own opinion but I think its worth it.
  9. Jun 9, 2013
    It has some flaws, needs some polish but this is one the most enjoyable and riveting games I have played. That alone gives it a ten as you can see past these small issues. The game sucks you in from the start and keeps building the story to a great climax. The protagonist is fantastic, the world is beautifully envisioned and well very thought out. The combat can be simple at times, butIt has some flaws, needs some polish but this is one the most enjoyable and riveting games I have played. That alone gives it a ten as you can see past these small issues. The game sucks you in from the start and keeps building the story to a great climax. The protagonist is fantastic, the world is beautifully envisioned and well very thought out. The combat can be simple at times, but you can mix up your moves to make it quite entertaining. This isn't an open world game and I seen complaints lowering the score, but how can you complain about something that it isn't meant to be? Hopefully this game does well enough to get a sequel and we will see the scope increase as well as polish. Even without though this game is very well designed and very enjoyable. Expand
  10. Jul 13, 2013
    This game is criminally underrated; many complaints are better executed on this than on some 9, 10-rated games, as combat. It's not boring, it's not overlong. And it's a new IP, with a black female protagonist! A very original setting, mechanics and good story. Don't fall on the hype trap, play this game before it gets the Beyond Good & Evil cult-status.
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    A Truly fantastic game. I think the professional reviewers have made another knee jerk reaction. Firstly, yes the platforming is quite bland. Everything else in this game is top notch though.
    Music Brilliant orchestral scores highlight moments of discovery, pulsing beats power your fights.
    Story The world, memory as a commodity, memory junkies and data attacks are are smart and creative and highly involving.
    Combat Really much better than the reviewers say. Much stratergy involved. 2 major gripes enemies attack to relentlessly to allow long combos and attacking a second target breaks your combo why?
    Platforming Mostly Meh
    Graphics Truly excellent, pushes the unreal engine possibly further than BioShock Infinite at times.
    Characters Multi faceted and human. You feel for them.

Had a hell of a time with this game!! Bring on a more expansive sequel
  12. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making themI actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and thoughI've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  14. Jun 9, 2013
    Setting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". BackgroundSetting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". Background music reminds me of blade runner, so it had a great ambience to it without being distracting.

Platforming: I didn't mind it, but there was a schizophrenic feel to it. for a game that spends a lot of time showing me exactly where to jump and move (via orange arrows pointing each step of the way) there were a number of twitchplay jumps that felt like they were put in just to irritate people. Early in the game, walkthrough tutorials are provided for very very basic puzzles (drop a wall between you and the drone so it cant see you!) while later QTE style chase sequences will probably require you to just die and reload a couple of times to get the pattern. This is not an Open world assassins creed type game, you are on rails. Not a bad thing, but something you should expect.

fighting: the combos give a lot of customizing, but if you're just a button masher you're going to make the fights harder on yourself than they need to be. There is a very specific flow and timing to combat, so regardless of what order you press your 2 buttons for combos, you'll need to master the identical combat timing for your 3 button combo that your 8 sequence combo will take. The combat sequences themselves are pretty run of the mill, with the boss character Madame being especially annoying if you don't have your combo timing down.

Remixing- this was my favorite part of the game, and while I can see how unfeasible it would be to end EVERY encounter with it, I sure wanted more control of using it, more potential targets for using it and even some more consequence and outcomes. Everything else in this game is something I could get in a different game, but the remixing is the truly distinct part. I played through a number of hours just waiting to use this mechanic and to see if it really mattered to the outcome. Nope, linear.

Story -is pretty good. There's a beginning a middle and ending. There is foreshadowing and misdirection. There is a twist beyond some sort of total recall swipe. Edge is a bit of a cliche, but most of the characters have something ditinct going for them.

Replayability- out of the box I don't know if Im going to bother with another playthrough for 'perfect remixes'. If DLC comes out that beefs up the memory remixing aspect of the game I can see myself going back in, but it's otherwise pretty linear.
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    Like some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you doLike some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you do jobs and are leaping from buildings or climbing across the walls half the time it's almost hard to tell the difference when you're in a cutscene and when you're playing. The voices for the characters is pretty good though there are one or two that didn't quite fit still that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Unlike RE5&6 which sadly were somewhat disappointing for me this game will have you playing for hours without knowing it. Expand
  16. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 conThere are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  17. Jun 9, 2013
    Now I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think isNow I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think is quite a silly reason. Now the gameplay is a bit linear(keeps it from a perfect score cause i really want to explore this world more, but i cant bring it down to 8 or 7 just because of that because they DID introduce a world i want to explore and my own enviousness of the world shouldn't affect the game it's self) Now the story is solid.

If had to I'd give it a 8-5 to 8-7 if there was a story graph above on this rating thing. I say 8ish because it is a bit of a obvious scifi title and the story is a bit deep ya kinda have to be open to sci fi in general to really appreciate i as such I've graded accordingly so that linear, fighting gamers will know what they get into when considering it. The combo building is a bit blah at first but i really liked it and as someone who loves remember combos as it makes me feel like im learning stuff mid-gameplay amount my own memory skills. As a fan of the open world genre of games it IS a bummer that i cant do that here. The fighting combo remembering makes me remember how Sleeping Dogs caught me by surprise as a great game as well. I feel like a bad-A$$ beating people up as Nilin

Sounds are just top notch, the voice acting is about at English dub anime levels where they sound they could fit the character well but a part of you thinks they could have played it a little less or in some cases a bit more dramatic. Nilin's actress is top notch i will say. Now the game sounds are also great i often play with headphones to not to annoy a tenant i share a wall with and i was thoroughly enthralled with the game and fully immersed.

Now lasting appeal does get an 8 as that its about an 8 hour campaign that once again is very straight forward. But the game is still a great addition to my collection and i will have something to trophy hunt on till i get The Last Of Us in 10 days. The graphics are beautiful and i didn't notice many graphics bugs and if there were any they certainly didn't catch my eye or ruin the game.

Now full-disclosure I WAS spurred to do this because the so many reviews about this(IGN specificly god how i dislike them) were just so unfair so it may be closer to a 4 to 4 and a half but there are no halves and even 4 seemed like a dumbed down score. Honestly i preordered this read reviews last and was like OH GOD I made I HUGE mistake. Then i got it today, started playing it and had NO clue why this was was happening the game is so good and so great. The reviews had me believing that it was horrid filth with its bads far outweighing the good and thats just not true. All and all I really suggest you play this game please don't let the big name game reviews be the ones you go to for your game news. Trust yourself and trust your instincts I think you'll be pleasently surprised, I know I was
  18. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me from Dontnod Entertainment is the french developers first game, and I can say with certainty that Dontnod will become a leader in innovating games.

Non spoiler story: Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the

Non spoiler story:

Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the sharing and downloading of memories.

You play as a woman with a form of amnesia that if I explained more would ruin the story. Suffice to say that a lot of people want you dead.

Gameplay:

Gameplay reminds me of the Tomb Raider without guns, along with great memory based puzzles. Before you think "boring" and stop reading you should know that the memories are other peoples. You have the ability to alter a persons memories in a genius puzzle that lets you tryout different outcomes to what could have happened and warping your targets perception if his or her own reality. You can only do this a few times during the story which is a shame but it makes a great change of pace from the combat.

Combat:

Speaking of combat, you can unlock moves during the game and arrange them in any order you like giving you that ability to make your own combos! Enemies are varied and will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out how to best them.

As you go on other abilities become available and give you more puzzling and can also play a role in combat, but as I try to write spoiler free reviews I'll leave that up to you to discover!

No toilet breaks!:

If you have a day sick in bed (like me) you will beat it in a day but you can't stop playing to do so.

Graphics and sound:

With the exception of one hard boss fight that has some repetition, the voice acting is well enough for the characters, with the best acting going to the main character. It is a beautiful game to look at from the grimy under city to the richer upper city and small extras in the environment really bring out the immersion.

Out of Ten:

Graphics 9

Sound 8

Gameplay 9

Collectibles 7

Over all 9.5
  19. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  20. Jun 10, 2013
    Simply put, Remember Me is one of the most stunning games to come in a long time. Beautiful visuals, a gripping soundtrack, and a well-designed protagonist unlike any other, make for a fantastic experience that will draw you in from the very start.

The soundtrack especially is one of the hallmarks of the game. It has a REZ-like quality to it. During combat, music has a sort of techno style, with a beat that seems to fluctuate depending on how well you fight. String enough combos together, and the speed of the music picks up and flows. Take a hit however, and the music appears to grind to a halt as you recover. Add this to the innovative, albeit underdeveloped, combo crafting system, and the solid feel that combat has in general, and it makes for a wonderful fighting system that will have you looking forward to every encounter with the residents of Neo Paris.

Nilin herself is a fantastic character. She seems more real than other protagonists in almost every way. Nilin is possessing of a rather exotic look, and coupled with a fantastic voice actor she immediately becomes appealing from the very start. The developers seem to have taken a clue from the recent Tomb Raider as well. Nilin walks and runs in a very life-like manner. She glances around at various people and objects that she passes, looks behind her every now and then as she runs, and holds her arm up to shield her face from the heat of flames in the event that you encounter them. Such elements serve to bring the character to life in a more engaging manner.

Remember Me is not without flaws however. The combat system, though solid and innovative, feels like a missed opportunity. The combo lab allows the player to create a number of combos from four different varieties of moves, thus giving the player a measure of control over how combat plays out. However, the system might leave the player with a feeling as if there should have been a few more move types to work with, and perhaps a couple more combo strings to customize. In terms of length, some players may also feel that the story is rather short at an estimated 7-10 hours. It is worth noting however that quality over quantity is a mantra to live by, and Remember Me should not be overlooked simply because of its length.

The story itself is best left as a surprise, to be discovered by the individual, but altogether these aforementioned elements of the game make for a fantastic, engaging experience. The game can only be compared to the likes of Enslaved and Okami, more art than anything else. While some may feel that Remember Me is more on the side of art and doesn't quite step over the border to the side of gaming, it is nevertheless a wonderful experience that should not be missed for any reason.
  21. Jun 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It is a good console-kind of an action. The best thing in this game is definitely the story. After just finishing blockbusters like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 (a bit late on this one), the story of Remember Me really made an impact on me. At least I can tell you what it was about after a few days pass (unlike the other 2 games I just finished).

The idea it is

The idea it is focused around is pretty interesting and somelike of the movie Inception but instead of dreams, the focus here is on memories. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is good enough to keep you immersed in the story. The city it is based in is called Neo-Paris and is very interesting and beautiful (I played it on 3D and it was very rewarding). The story keeps revealing twists so you don't want to stop playing because it keeps tingling your curiosity even though the unvarying battles and jump and run gameplay are a bit simple. Good thing they are not long enough to bore you.

The gameplay itself is nothing new with the exception of the combos. Fighting is pretty straightforward with one button for dodge, and 2 buttons for 2 attacks. The attacks can be linked in pre-made by you combos in which every hit gives you some boost (dmg, heal, etc.) Battles are really easy with the small variety of common enemies and a few bosses which are also as easy. The other part of the gameplay is running,jumping and climbing on some edges and stuff in the city which is extremely easy. You have a pointing arrow thing which shows you exactly where you have to jump or go in every moment so very little time is lost in wondering. This is the biggest con for this game. It is very very linear. It is a pity having such a beautiful environment as Neo Paris and not being able to roam even a little in it.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that in such times of blockbusters, that awe you with graphics and constant action gameplay but are totally lacking any kind of story, a game like this is rewarding your brains and curiosity. Since the gameplay is really simple and easy I almost saw it like a movie just to satisfy my curiosity in the story, and was left with a rewarding feeling after I finished it.
  22. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  23. Aug 17, 2013
    A great game that will suck you into it's world in the same way as mirrors edge did a few years ago. A fantastic protagonist, interesting combat and great new ideas make this a must buy for anyone who loves science fiction
  24. Jun 6, 2013
    I meat Olga already... ehm... this is the most amazing part of the game for me right now. I see a movie about this game in a near future. Excelent history and script, is like a cyberpunk game, alll that what I was looking for. As a Deus Ex Human Revolution Fan and Beta Tester. This cyberpunk visuals "remember me" to DXHR but is better.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job.I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job. The music, sound effects, the neo look are all great, but the story in this game is outstanding. The story behind Nilin will suck you in and you will look forward to when you can continue the journey in getting your memory back each time you have to quit the game.

As others have said you set up your combo moves which at first your hands will hurt just getting the combos pulled off. Once you get used to it it will be a little more fluid as the game notifies you when you have to hit either "Y" or "X" depending on whether your set up is for damage, self-healing, or cool down. Some enemies are tougher than others and at the end of Episode 2 I actually had to change the difficulty to the lowest setting to defeat the boss. That's another plus, being able to change the difficulty in order to prevent you from getting frustrated. Again, the story is so good that you will want to beat the heck out of foes in order to find out what's next.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game then pass on this one. If you are looking for a very solid campaign game that just sucks you in then do yourself a favor and pick this game up. Although, this game may be overlooked as I would have missed it if it wasn't for a recommendation from Amazon. I'm really glad this game found me and I think you will too.
  26. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing lightThe platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  27. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is very interesting, I started to play it and i was suprised! Graphic is totally awesome and I was not sure if I am playing game or watching move, thumbs up for this! What is maybe not the best, is story, yeah it is quite good but could be better and same thing for fighting system. Main character is quite impressive yeah it is woman so you can get looking for all part of theThis game is very interesting, I started to play it and i was suprised! Graphic is totally awesome and I was not sure if I am playing game or watching move, thumbs up for this! What is maybe not the best, is story, yeah it is quite good but could be better and same thing for fighting system. Main character is quite impressive yeah it is woman so you can get looking for all part of the body All is about memory, if you like cyber punk or games from future, go for it! I would give to this game something between 9 to 9.4 of 10. Expand
  28. Jun 10, 2013
    Keeping it simple. I traded games to get this not wanting to shell out the if bad. I have got to tell you I would've paid for every penny of this experience. The Story is excellent one of the best in the last few years. The gameplay is good and you need to mix up your combos to play it right (even mid battle). The fighting is simple like batman but the combos tailor to your game style.Keeping it simple. I traded games to get this not wanting to shell out the if bad. I have got to tell you I would've paid for every penny of this experience. The Story is excellent one of the best in the last few years. The gameplay is good and you need to mix up your combos to play it right (even mid battle). The fighting is simple like batman but the combos tailor to your game style. This is a do not miss game. To many people are unhappy in life and live to give bad reviews and need their memories wiped. I saw no issues with the voice acting and I never felt combat being repetitive even though I guess looking back it was. But so is was Batman if you think of it.
    Go get it today give the developers their due and keep them making games like this that try new things.
  29. Jun 5, 2013
    Remember Me seems like it's destined to be one of the great overlooked gems of this generation. It's criminal how little attention the game is getting. Yes, the traversal and combat mechanics are decidedly average and the plot borrows heavily from Total Recall... but the main character and the vibrantly colorful world of Neo-Paris that she inhabits are just so stylish and interesting thatRemember Me seems like it's destined to be one of the great overlooked gems of this generation. It's criminal how little attention the game is getting. Yes, the traversal and combat mechanics are decidedly average and the plot borrows heavily from Total Recall... but the main character and the vibrantly colorful world of Neo-Paris that she inhabits are just so stylish and interesting that it makes the experience as a whole feel much more than "average". I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the style and aesthetic of Mirror's Edge and especially to anyone who is a fan of Ninja Theory's games because Remember Me bears more than a passing resemblance to Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, and DmC. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Remember me is a competent game, but one can't shake the feeling it could be even more. The story is interesting, the soundtrack is wonderful and the vision is thought-provoking.
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    Remember Me has an interesting concept and single-player-only storyline, albeit somewhat confusing and vaguely familiar (it has some similarities to Total Recall in many respects). It's a good action-adventure gamers won't forget too quickly (although a lack of multiplayer makes it fade from memory sooner rather than later), despite some of the core elements being not as innovative or unique as they might seem, or as in the case of the memory remixes, not quite as unforgettable as they should be.
    It's never bland, but it is so bland it's impossible to recommend. [Issue#99, p.74]