7.4

1. Mar 26, 2011
    Zombies with guns. This should be all I have to say to prove what a joke this game is. For more reasons, please, continue. Resident Evil 5 takes the brilliant design from Resident Evil 4, an amazing game, and completely f***s it up. The biggest offenders are the following. The story is incredibly short. The AI is some of the worst, ever. Sheva apparently can't use any weapon but herZombies with guns. This should be all I have to say to prove what a joke this game is. For more reasons, please, continue. Resident Evil 5 takes the brilliant design from Resident Evil 4, an amazing game, and completely f***s it up. The biggest offenders are the following. The story is incredibly short. The AI is some of the worst, ever. Sheva apparently can't use any weapon but her handgun, regardless of what gun you give her (this include grenades). She also can't aim for the head, so she'll chew through ammo blasting away at people's chests. And if you try to use her like a pack mule, she'll waste all of your healing items for the smallest of injuries. The inventory system is also a load of crap. Trading items with a partner is needlessly difficult and for some reason you can only quick switch to items in the cardinal directions. So if you picked up something useful, and it's in the top right slot, you need to stop, move to it, equip it, leave the menu, all while there are zombies coming at you. Forget it if you want to combine herbs. Capcom also pulls a little DLC trick. The online versus mode and Mercenaries Reunion characters were originally supposed to be in the game, but Capcom decided to put that and both DLC chapters in the later released Gold Edition in an attempt to weasel as much money as they can out of their loyal customers. Shame on you, Capcom, for soiling the legacy of Leon S. Kennedy. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    Awful Game, Awful mechcanics, awful inventory, awful characters, awful story, AWFUL EVERYTHING! game is too hard and makes me want to rage. Capcom should re-invent the franchise, this game is an over-hyped piece of crap! don't buy this game!
  3. Jun 1, 2014
    With a total lack of anything scary and an emphasis on action packed shoot-outs and set-pieces, it seems like the classic survival-horror series is moving away from the fear in this entry in favor of a more action-oriented approach. However the game still stubbornly clings to old survival-horror gameplay tropes (not moving while shooting and limited inventory space), which leads to theWith a total lack of anything scary and an emphasis on action packed shoot-outs and set-pieces, it seems like the classic survival-horror series is moving away from the fear in this entry in favor of a more action-oriented approach. However the game still stubbornly clings to old survival-horror gameplay tropes (not moving while shooting and limited inventory space), which leads to the game not only feeling like it is having an identity crisis, but also like it is incredibly dated.

Admittedly it's a unique co-op experience. Sticking together with your buddy is a must if you want to survive the majority of the encounters, so when the game splits you up there's actually a feeling of apprehension. There are a number of cool things the game tries with co-op that makes me wish it was all tied to a better game. I found RE 5 to be an incredibly tedious experience thanks to it's dated gameplay mechanics. Not being able to move while shooting or reloading is a nightmare given just how many enemies the game will throw at you, and often from different directions. I assume this was done to create a sense of fear in players, but all it did for me was create anger. Honestly the gameplay mechanics just aren't suited for this type of action-oriented gameplay, and just make things much more complicated and awkward than they should be.

The game was not fun for me at all. Thanks to Capcom's stubborn attempt to cling to the series past whilst also trying to movie it forward, they created an experience that I just couldn't enjoy. It fails to create any sort of fear and feels unbelievably dated for a game that came out back in 2009, despite how good looking it is. They tried to capture the essence of both action and survival-horror games, and only ended up capturing the worst things about both genres. While it is a unique co-op experience, it's also a painfully flawed one. It's probably best that you and your buddy pass on this one. My total score is a 4.3/10=Bad.
  4. Jun 27, 2012
    Want to play a completely watered down and uninspired version of Resident Evil 4? Then Resident Evil 5 is for you. This game is only about half the length of Resident Evil 4, but not for the sake of quality. It becomes boring after the first 2 main sections of the game, throwing cheap gimmicks at you to make the action sections harder, boss battles are a waste of energy and time andWant to play a completely watered down and uninspired version of Resident Evil 4? Then Resident Evil 5 is for you. This game is only about half the length of Resident Evil 4, but not for the sake of quality. It becomes boring after the first 2 main sections of the game, throwing cheap gimmicks at you to make the action sections harder, boss battles are a waste of energy and time and they're all just blobs of tentacles. The final boss was one of the most unfun, unfair fights I've ever played in a videogame. They somehow managed to make the story even MORE generic and predictable than previous games. The music is just a bunch of string stabs and I refuse to call that music. Everything about this game reaks of mediocrity, disappointing because RE4 was so good. Expand
  5. Nov 30, 2011
    Just gave a second chance to this game after more than 2 years.
    Loaded my safegame from march 2009, restartet at first chapter, played for a while and well what did i expect, of course it didnt improve in the meantime. Its still just f*cking nothing.
    Just gave a second chance to this game after more than 2 years.

Gameplay wise everything that made past resident evil games enjoyable for me is simply missing in this one. You expect some kind of atmosphere? Better play some different game, RE5 is one of the least atmospheric games i came across. There is no tension, no horror, boring story, no motivation, close to no puzzling and the complete game pretty much just a quick rushing through hordes of cannonfodder zombies. Finishing RE4 profi mode just took me close to 20 hours on xbox 360. (RE4 is an O.K. game)
    In comparison RE5... ...here is a hint ive picked up in some RE5 guide:
    "Try to finish the game in under 5 hours when you play it first time so you can get unlimited ammo for the rocket launcher"
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    This game is not very good. It lacks a fluidity that has grown from other tps, and it feels slow and akward to move. You cannot move and shoot and lacks the feel of escaping from hordes of zombies. The story is a typical resident evil, completely over the top and unrealistic story. That doesnt make it bad. Its a story that satisfies the game, but the cut sceens are aggrivating as you putThis game is not very good. It lacks a fluidity that has grown from other tps, and it feels slow and akward to move. You cannot move and shoot and lacks the feel of escaping from hordes of zombies. The story is a typical resident evil, completely over the top and unrealistic story. That doesnt make it bad. Its a story that satisfies the game, but the cut sceens are aggrivating as you put down your controller to watch and then randomly the icon "X to dodge" comes up and then you almost immediately get crushed or shot by something and tie. A lack of innovation in the series makes this game inferior to other zombie games and capcom really needs to move either back to its old ways like in re4, or go for a more modern tps.. it can't lie in the middle like it does for this game... it doesn't work Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 5 first released back 2009, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to making Wesker out of Character with this Release.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  8. Jul 23, 2014
    Resident Evil 5,

Seriously Capcom, like, seriously? I don't even know where to begin.. I almost fell off my seat when I had read a review which contained the following, "Amazing game, the best Resident Evil ever" The best Resident Evil ever? Are you nuts? I mean... Amazing game too? Come on man this game sucked donkey balls! Resident Evil 5 is set in Africa (Which caused a lot
    Resident Evil 5,

Seriously Capcom, like, seriously?

Resident Evil 5 is set in Africa (Which caused a lot of controversial for complete stupid reasons) where your 2 main protagonists are Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar.

I won't go in to much detail because it's just a complete pile of dog poo!

The Resident Evil community had anticipated the arrival of this game which was released in March 13th, 2009. Ever since the amazement of Resident Evil 4, fans were in for which seemed to be a complete epic sequel to the Resident Evil series.

However, it wasn't... The scare factor has been lost, completely! It was too easy, the game itself didn't feel like Resident Evil, it just felt like... Well... Rubbish!

Zombies with guns... YES! Zombies... With... Guns. I just can't believe what Capcom were thinking, huge disappointment and in my opinion a complete insult to the Resident Evil fans/community.

There is no horror in this game whatsoever, so to those saying "Mix between horror and action" it's just action, you most certainly do not get them feelings you did in the early series, with all the technology we have today, I was expecting to have the crap scared out of me... In fact, the crap this time round was the game itself.

Resident Evil 1-4 was the best of the series. I don't think we will have anything like that again *Wipes away tear*.

Very disappointing Capcom. very disappointing!

1. While the developers' decision to copy elements from Resident Evil 4 make it feel less original (despite better visuals and a new location), you'll have a blast (especially with a buddy) but after waiting four years for a sequel, we expected better.
    It's hardly the dramatic revamp that RE4 was for the series, but it marks the first time that co-op play has been implemented. As a result, the overhaul makes it a good single-player game, but a great multiplayer one. Thanks to its persistent approach to weapon upgrades, it's well-suited to replay. It's a visually splendid game with gorgeous cinematics that evoke the same awe as previous games did in their time.
  3. You'll get a lot more out of it than you do from typical games with no competitive multiplayer and while played cooperatively it really sings. It's lost a lot of what has made the franchise a pins-and-needles experience, but that sense of dread has been replaced with pure action that's hard to match.