7.4

1. Jan 20, 2012
    Amazing game, the best Resident Evil ever, the best action game, horror game, the final is amazing with Wesker, I love Jill and Chris again, the so emotional scene. I really hope that RE6 be better and GOTY 2012.
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    Resident Evil 5 is without a doubt one of the best games this gen! The mix between Horror and Action is spot on in this game.. The story is AMAZING! the gameplay mechanics are greatly improved over older RE games, and the replay value is really HIGH! especially the GOLD version (complete edition) which has all the extras (new modes,DLCs). All in all Resident Evil 5 is an AMAZING! game.. You MUST own it if you like action/Horror games Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil 5 will capture your hearts as it leads off from the previous chapter Resident Evil 4. Basically, Capcom took everything that was good in Resident Evil 4 and took Resident Evil 5 to the next level. Besides the improved Inventory system and introduction into the new "Co-op" in the Resident Evil Series, the boost in graphics and sound will definitely make the hairs on the back of your neck rise as it delivers the ultimate experience while playing Resident Evil 5. To get started on the basic plot of Resident Evil 5. Resident Evil 5 starts 6 years after the destruction of Umbrella and your still playing as Chris Redfield but this time he has become an agent of BSAA to help fight biological terrorism. To top it off, you even have a new partner "Sheva Alomar". Your probably wondering where Chris Redfield old partner, Jill Valentine is? You will have to find out yourself when you start playing the game.

As you and your new partner (Sheva) continue to fight the ongoing infection that has infected the people of Kijuju. This time, they aren't just zombies and it wasn't an accident. A power-hungry corporation modified and created a new virus that controls the mindless host. You will find them more challenging and dangerous than before.

One of the great perks of Resident Evil 5 is the Cooperative play of the game. You can go it alone or invite a friend to play with you through Xbox live. Another thing I find great about Resident Evil 5 is the in between screens. It is almost like watching a movie with a great story line. A downfall, is the shortness in ammo. I find it hard to collect ammo for more powerful weapons, so to keep in mind. Use your bullets carefully.

In conclusion, Resident Evil 5 is definitely worth buying. Definitely worth playing. If you enjoy previous Resident Evil games. You will enjoy Resident Evil 5, but I wouldn't give my hopes up as Resident Evil 5 brings an exciting experience to the table that is different then previous versions. If I were to rate Resident Evil 5, I would definitely rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I look forward to replay Resident Evil a few more times on a more difficult setting to truly test my ability to stay alive!
  4. Dec 21, 2010
    Resident Evil, is a fun game, but it's just not that scary. The game play and campaign overall is very fun and entertaining, but it's not that SCARY! But i had a fun time unlocking all the weapons without glitching, but Resident Evil 5 is just not that scary! Overall, it is a fun game that will keep you entertained for a long while, but It's just not that scary! Thank you.
  5. Aug 18, 2011
    Was nice, had nice action and overall is just not creepy. RE5 failed to deliver creepy awesome moments compared to the successful predecessor , to long years since the announcement and failed in this side. Even with that annoying failure, Is very good . The graphics looks nice enough, the gameplay is solid, the co op was cool and the story is just what I don't care. Buy it if you're a hardcore RE fan, If you haven't played ever the series, obligatory play It. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    They vastly improved the graphics, they amped up the action, they have a great story, but sadly they forgot to put in the horror. This game is an action game with parasite-possessed folk (just like in RE4) with a new mystery behind it all. The plot isn't truly that intriguing, but the gameplay is loads of fun and it has a really well worked out online play. The brutality is taken down from previous Resident Evil games - and whenever you blow off a Uroboros head you see four parasitic tentacles open out of the neck (or you see a gigantic parasitic monster come out, and the fight goes on). Having Sheva around - when playing single player - can be as annoying as having Ashley following you around because she's always dying on you and she's the only thing that makes the professional modes hard. This game is extremely easy, and though Sheva is there to help, she's the only thing making it difficult (unless you play with somebody online). So basically you can play with online friends on both the storymode and on mercenaries - and Mercenaries mode has been improved much more than it was in RE4 and has a vaster amount of playable characters. One complaint of mine on character design is that they made the monsters very comic-book like in their huge size (though the details are amazing) and they made Wesker's appearance slightly less badass and professional than he as in RE4. Also in RE4 Wesker had stronger abilities in Mercenaries. Really RE4's a better game, but this is still very fun. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2011
    this is a good game. yes, of all the things that i've said in my other more brutal burns of other things. i think that this game is amazing. and i am a die hard fan of the resident evil saga. and this by far is one of the best, and is up there next to the REmake and res. evil 4. this game revolves around chris Redfield, and a new character named Sheva. this game actually ties the series together and ends it because it involves Chris, and Sheva, and a little help from the familier stars member herself, Jill Valentine.
    it also has the badest, of badasses. Albert Wesker. holy mother of god was i psyched when i first saw him. then when i found out what he had done to Jill. i was pissed. the whole idea that he had brain washed Jill after making it seem that Jill had died after a greatly epic battle with wesker. i hated wesker more than i ever had in my career of playing the RE games. the battles with him were well done, and fun. the cutscenes were epic. the fact that there weren't as many interactive cutscenes as 4, but it was still fun.
    now, i hate the fact that people complain about some of the stupid things like the whole zombies driving, and using guns. its a **** video game. its not suposed to be realistic. idiots.
    and there are complaints about how you can't run and gun. of course you can't! if you've played any RE game, then you know that you don't run and gun. same as every freaking re game. and yes, the controls aren't re4, but you can change them! god! i really don't like the fact that people also complain about sheva. all i have to say to that is this. remember re0? and i'll leave it at that.
  8. Oct 18, 2011
    Resident Evil 5 is one of the better games that I have played. RE5 is a good way to jump into the series if you are not interested in other RE games (like me). The story is pretty good as I kept playing, anxious to see what would happen next. I especially like Wesker as he is an amazing character and his abilities grant him a place on my list of favorite villians. The character depth is all very unique and the graphics are great too. The playability is solid but sometimes it seems to cause some problems as it all feels very limited but still very fun to use. The fact that you have a partner makes it all the more fun except it is wierd that your partner will always use the weakest weapon in their inventory when they have stronger ones. Overall RE5 is a great game that I recomend RE fans and other gamers alike play for the amount of fun it gives out. Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2012
  10. Jan 31, 2012
    A blast to play in co-op. Paying 60$ for this on launch day was worth it. The graphics are stunning on xbox 360, and one of the only ones I find that actually looks good on this system. The controls are a bit awkward, but it's resident evil! What can you do?! This game was meant to be played in co-op, dont judge it based on resident evil 4. The 2 games are incredibly different in my opinion. Resi 5 has absolutely zero tense and scary moments, but that doesn't stop it being fun. A game meant to be played with 2 people, 9/10! Expand
  11. Mar 20, 2012
    I dont care about what people say resident evil 5 is an awesome game, i know Resident evil 4 was better! But i still think RE5 was a great one of the best this gen, cant wait for Resident Evil 6
  12. Mar 21, 2012
    I've beaten this game so many times. I have every weapon with infinite ammo and im currently ranked 3,000 for fastest time on professional, enough said lol...
  13. Aug 4, 2012
    People need to realize that this game is not meant to be like the older entries, Capcom is trying to take the series into new directions. Just like any band that has a sound that was a hit in the beginning, things get old and they know it's time to take it into another direction. How many times can they create scary moments without going stale? And those of you who complain about not being able to shoot while moving and not being like the older games are contradicting yourselves, Resident evil ALWAYS made you stop before shooting, obviously you either haven't played the earlier games; or your trying to find reasons to **** Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2012
    The only thing that sucks about this game is the AI is retarded and it's pretty difficult to beat with the AI alone. You need two people to beat this game easily.
  15. Oct 14, 2012
    As much as I would love to give this game a 10, the AI's intelligence is really that bad. The graphics, sound, game play, and everything else is solid. The AI is just really bad some times and before anyone says anything about Resident Evil not having this much action, Resident Evil 3 had a little more, it was just the technology of the time. I have played this game from Amateur to Professional and it runs smoothly on all difficulty, couldn't recommend this game more. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    this was awesome resident evil the best part was that you can play with a co-op in a split screen that was very great to me and the best 2-players game I've ever played.
  17. Apr 19, 2013
    I have played through this game twice (on easy and then the 3rd difficulty) and I can honestly say that I will play through it again.
    Initially I found the controls awkward, and as one very decent review on here has already pointed out, the inventory system is cumbersome to say the least. however, these are both things that I have gotten used to and now don't feel hindered by in the
    slightest.
    A lot has been said about how the series is losing it's 'horror' element in the more action-oriented RE4 & 5. Personally I found number 4 horrific at times (the Regenerators, even on their own had me mortified more than any other RE enemy), but number 5 just isn't horror. That's not to say that the game should be criticised. What it is is a compulsive, highly playable action shooter with the most gorgeous graphics on the 360, in my opinion.
    The choice of setting is inspired, but I don't think that the variety of environments in Africa has been exploited on this game. The early chapters, wondering through shanty towns seem authentic, but later levels could be set just about anywhere else with lakes and caves. This is a minor criticism however.
    My major problem with this game is it's simplicity, caused by linear level design, self contained and obvious puzzles and the games extremely short length. RE4 took me about 13hours to finish, this took nothing like as long.
    However these flaws are compensated by the games replay value. For all of us achievement freaks, there are alkinds of weapons, treasures etc to be gathered, plus screen filters that can be used to give the game a different look. Gimmicky, yes, but it all adds.
    I loved resident evil 4 for it's gameplay. The worst we could have expected from RE5 really was an inferior clone of 4, which is what we have sadly, but still a supremely enjoyable game while it lasts.
    A lot of people seem to be critical of Sheva's AI in the single player mode. Whilst i can understand some gripes, I can honestly say that for large portions of the game, I forgot that there was any co-operative element to the game. If you're deciding whether or not to buy this game, I wouldn't be put off by the idea of having a computer controlled partner. One or 2 sections may have you tearing your hair out because of her stupidity, but thankfully even on the harder difficulty (I have unlocked but not tried the 4th hardest difficulty by the way) you'll discover you'll only rely on her to keep herself alive and leave her to it.
    The enemies in the game are as usual ridiculous and over the top (and usually always very impressive). Lickers are particularly gruesome.
    Despite the length of time it took for this game to hit the shelves, it is, as i said, remarkably similar in feel to RE4. If you played and enjoyed the awesome Dead Space, this will really keep you entertained. It's not as good, but certainly worth the admission fee.
    Very decent stuff.
  18. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 stirs up alot of controversy among fans. It begs the question of where the series is headed. For better or worse, Resident Evil chose the action oriented path. Scares are few and far between, but I didn't mind, I had a blast playing it. Decidedly, the game put co-op as the star of the game. I played with a buddy throughout most of this journey. The customization options in this game is incredibly vast. The graphics are among the best I have seen this year, if not all time. The story is more focused this time around, but still remains to be convoluted at times unless you played previous Resident Evil games. All in all I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 and its co-op as it is well implemented, but I am concerned on the direction of the series. Expand
  19. Apr 27, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos del mundo. lo amo .graficas hermosas accion historia mercenarios ampaƱa a pantalla dividida aun lo juego mas que halo 4 y gear of war 3 en fin esta saga es lo mejor
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    This is a really nice adventure that is worth the money and it's almost sure that if you haven't played the previous one you'll want to have a second playthrough in a different difficulty mode. Prepare to face African zombie hordes in a big amount and to use the so interesting arsenal against them. If you are a big fan of the previous Resident Evil games you might feel to say that is not what you were waiting for and you're right somehow, because this is not a horror game, but an action one. Anyway, I want to judge it like something new, that's how the 9 out of 10. Capcom, probably, doesn't want to keep a history because of the extremely competition these days and if they had done that, fans would be the small amount of players who preferred that. Nevertheless, Resident Evil 5 is not at all a disappointing game for those who like zombie games, a good story, special moments and a lot of action. Expand

1. While the developers' decision to copy elements from Resident Evil 4 make it feel less original (despite better visuals and a new location), you'll have a blast (especially with a buddy) but after waiting four years for a sequel, we expected better.
    It's hardly the dramatic revamp that RE4 was for the series, but it marks the first time that co-op play has been implemented. As a result, the overhaul makes it a good single-player game, but a great multiplayer one. Thanks to its persistent approach to weapon upgrades, it's well-suited to replay. It's a visually splendid game with gorgeous cinematics that evoke the same awe as previous games did in their time.
  3. You'll get a lot more out of it than you do from typical games with no competitive multiplayer and while played cooperatively it really sings. It's lost a lot of what has made the franchise a pins-and-needles experience, but that sense of dread has been replaced with pure action that's hard to match.