Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360

7.5

1. Apr 15, 2017
    Les Resident Evil se suivent et se ressemblent : ils sont toujours aussi mauvais ! une constance remarquable... Pas de quoi avoir peur dans cette survie vue et revue. Si on devait avoir peur, ce serait plutôt du côté de l'interface ratée et de la maniabilité déficiente, le Chris étant aussi agile qu'un hippopotame dans une ruelle, et des ruelles il y en a dans ce jeu-couloir scripté !Les Resident Evil se suivent et se ressemblent : ils sont toujours aussi mauvais ! une constance remarquable... Pas de quoi avoir peur dans cette survie vue et revue. Si on devait avoir peur, ce serait plutôt du côté de l'interface ratée et de la maniabilité déficiente, le Chris étant aussi agile qu'un hippopotame dans une ruelle, et des ruelles il y en a dans ce jeu-couloir scripté !

La coéquipière n'est pas une mauvaise idée en soi mais s'avère parfois davantage un handicap qu'un atout et ça ne règle pas le problème de RE5 qui demeure d'une lourdeur incroyable à jouer. Le pire TPS en la matière qui ferait passer n'importe quel GTA pour un modèle de prise en main ! Par contre techniquement, c'est très joli. Ah si seulement on avait enfin un bon jeu de zombies ! non, il ne faut pas compter sur Capcon, ça fait des lustres qu'ils essaient et c'est toujours pareil : de la meeeerde.
  2. Dec 31, 2016
    Though it is not the strongest game in the series, Resident Evil 5 is an enjoyable albeit underwhelming sequel that manages to entertain despite lacking in scares.
  3. Dec 30, 2016
    Resident Evil 5 foi um pouco decepcionante, nao por o jogo ser ruim, ja que ele é bom, e sim porque é muito inferior ao seu antecessor, e os personagens nao sao tao carismatico como o Leon, a historia é ate um pouco parecida com o do 4 em algumas partes, como por exemplo, o principal vai investigar tal pais, e se depara com coisas estranhas, que no caso sao zumbis, o jogo pecou em algumasResident Evil 5 foi um pouco decepcionante, nao por o jogo ser ruim, ja que ele é bom, e sim porque é muito inferior ao seu antecessor, e os personagens nao sao tao carismatico como o Leon, a historia é ate um pouco parecida com o do 4 em algumas partes, como por exemplo, o principal vai investigar tal pais, e se depara com coisas estranhas, que no caso sao zumbis, o jogo pecou em algumas coisas, os personagens nao sao tao bons, e tem fases do jogo bem chatas, mais é um bom jogo, eu gostei, me diverti bastante, mais deixou a desejar pelos personagens, mais pelo menos o vilao é bom. Nota 7.4 Expand
  4. Sep 9, 2016
    Well this was a surprise. I wasn't amazed by RE4 like the most of the gamers, so I didnt have high expectations, but I found RE5 better in almost every aspect. Still its a shame we didnt get decent story and horror has gone missing for good.
  5. Aug 23, 2016
    Jogo legal, mas depois de um tempo achei chato, nao tem mais nada de terror, os graficos estao bonitos, mas...ne, o jogo é bom, mas nada de "o meu deus"
  6. Dec 14, 2015
    Really had fun with this game,glad that i had a partner who can actually help you in battle and not like that annoying brat from RE4,the game is more action than horror but it has a few scares here and there,the controls were a little cofusing at first but can get use to it in an hour or so,you can also upgrade and purchase weapons after you complete a chapter also selling items to gainReally had fun with this game,glad that i had a partner who can actually help you in battle and not like that annoying brat from RE4,the game is more action than horror but it has a few scares here and there,the controls were a little cofusing at first but can get use to it in an hour or so,you can also upgrade and purchase weapons after you complete a chapter also selling items to gain some cash.Its a great game and a must to your collection. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2015
    Great co-op game but as a Resident evil game it is shameful. And the DLC does not work if you re not connected to the internet! i can't believe it! DRM for DLC now
  8. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Most fun I've had on this Generation of consoles - Have played it through multiple times and still keep returning for more. Beautiful Graphics, Nice story with some fantastic cinematography on the cutscenes. Loads to collect and achievemnets that you actually want to strive for. Once the main game has been completed there is Mercenaries mode which is challenging and in a similar vein to 'The Club' keeps you going back for more - even if just to better your own scores. Fantastic Game. As some people have mentioned you are stationary when aiming weapons or using the knife - after half an hour of playing this will become second nature and it suits the game perfectly - remember this isn't another Gears of War clone - and if you are running out of ammo and having to use the knife to survive you are not playing the game properly! LOL! Expand
  9. Aug 26, 2015
    As a resident evil fan, i still enjoy Resident Evil 5 with a friend. You still have to keep track off ammo and other items, working together to defeat different enemies, and deciding who gets which guns. Overall it has lots of replay value with mercenaries and DLC, it loses points for being straight forward for a RE game and not scary at all.
  10. Rem
    Jul 7, 2015
    Resident Evil 5 stirs up alot of controversy among fans. It begs the question of where the series is headed. For better or worse, Resident Evil chose the action oriented path. Scares are few and far between, but I didn't mind, I had a blast playing it. Decidedly, the game put co-op as the star of the game. I played with a buddy throughout most of this journey. The customization options inResident Evil 5 stirs up alot of controversy among fans. It begs the question of where the series is headed. For better or worse, Resident Evil chose the action oriented path. Scares are few and far between, but I didn't mind, I had a blast playing it. Decidedly, the game put co-op as the star of the game. I played with a buddy throughout most of this journey. The customization options in this game is incredibly vast. The graphics are among the best I have seen this year, if not all time. The story is more focused this time around, but still remains to be convoluted at times unless you played previous Resident Evil games. All in all I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 and its co-op as it is well implemented, but I am concerned on the direction of the series. Expand
  11. Apr 9, 2015
    Muitas pessoas criticam o jogo fato de falarem que ele mudou muito,mas se ele tivesse ficado a mesma coisa desde o primeiro lançamento um monte de filho da puta iria ficar falando que a série nunca muda e tals,mas bem o jogo é ótimo com uma campanha divertida e que não enjoa com o tempo,ele é um jogo pra se jogar com um amigo pois a IA do seu parceiro é simplesmente um lixo mas com umMuitas pessoas criticam o jogo fato de falarem que ele mudou muito,mas se ele tivesse ficado a mesma coisa desde o primeiro lançamento um monte de filho da puta iria ficar falando que a série nunca muda e tals,mas bem o jogo é ótimo com uma campanha divertida e que não enjoa com o tempo,ele é um jogo pra se jogar com um amigo pois a IA do seu parceiro é simplesmente um lixo mas com um amigo o jogo fica muito legal e as vezes tem uns momentos que você se desespera ao ver um inimigo que pode foder com você,como o cara da serra elétrica e o Indião (assim que eu chamo ele)mas o jogo em si é muito divertido recomendo pra se jogar com um amigo mas você pode tentar jogar sozinho que pode deixar o jogo irritante Expand
  12. Feb 4, 2015
    "Resident Evil 5" adds two-player co-op to the formula established in RE 4. It is a nice companion piece to the GameCube classic, but it's no masterpiece. The game is too similar to its predecessor to stand up on its own. Yes, the scenario is different (it takes place in sun-drenched Africa, not Gothic Spain) and it does feature Chris Redfield instead of Leon S. Kennedy as the protagonist,"Resident Evil 5" adds two-player co-op to the formula established in RE 4. It is a nice companion piece to the GameCube classic, but it's no masterpiece. The game is too similar to its predecessor to stand up on its own. Yes, the scenario is different (it takes place in sun-drenched Africa, not Gothic Spain) and it does feature Chris Redfield instead of Leon S. Kennedy as the protagonist, but the gameplay is almost exactly the same. Graphically, the graphics are exceptional (RE 5 was made for X360/PS3), the story is good and there are plenty of exciting setpieces. There are also numerous unlockables that encourages replay. Fans of co-op should be pleased too, although the controls aren't ideal for helping a buddy out during frantic moments. This is a fun action game to play with a friend; one that puts "Army of Two" to shame. However, as a follow-up to one of the greatest games ever, it is quite underwhelming. Overall, it just feels like RE 4 with a cooperative feature tacked on. And while that's nothing to write off, I only wish the makers would've tried harder to make something even more compelling. As it is, "Resident Evil 5" is good, but not great. Expand
  13. Jan 27, 2015
    The game is made to be a cooperative experience. Each character complement the other, and synchronization is required to succeed.
    Playing alone transforms the game in a repetitive game with a very messy story, but ultimately enjoyable. Great voice acting and the always present cheesyness of this games makes this a must play for last-gen owners.
    Hardcore RE fans will be extremely angry

Hardcore RE fans will be extremely angry about this game reducing the horror factor of the franchise. However, the game is a worthy successor of RE4 even if it will always crumble when compared to it.
  14. Jan 7, 2015
    Resident Evil 5 gets a lot of undeserved criticism, largely for the fact that it isn't Resident Evil 4. While both games use essentially the same mechanics, and while RE4 is undoubtedly a masterpiece, those that judge RE5 often fail to acknowledge the many ways in which the game matches or even betters its predecessor. Go back to RE4 after playing through RE5 and you will notice,Resident Evil 5 gets a lot of undeserved criticism, largely for the fact that it isn't Resident Evil 4. While both games use essentially the same mechanics, and while RE4 is undoubtedly a masterpiece, those that judge RE5 often fail to acknowledge the many ways in which the game matches or even betters its predecessor. Go back to RE4 after playing through RE5 and you will notice, conspicuous by their absence, a handful of improvements that you mistakenly remembered being in the fourth main-series game.

Most obviously, RE5 features online co-op. Although the game works well as a singleplayer experience, co-op truly is how it was designed to be played, and it is a superb addition. The co-op dynamic feels so natural when applied to the "second generation" Resident Evil framework. The storyline is broken up into chapters of a suitable size for online sessions, meaning that it's easy to jump in with a friend for anything from 30 minutes to multiple hours. As a result, I'm sure I've spent more time playing RE5 than any of the previous entries in the series, and I am a huge fan of the older games.

The inventory system had to be reworked since weapons and restoratives needed to be easily-accessible in the heat of the moment. With pausing a thing of the past, so too the attaché case grid had to be ditched - seemingly a major issue for some, but completely necessary. The pacing of the game is spot-on. RE4, while fantastically relentless, was over-long and, at times, a bit of a slog. I felt that certain sections dragged and could have been condensed, resulting in a more impactful game. This game has very few lulls.

All in all, a wholly worthy successor to one of the landmarks of videogaming, updated for the online age. Seeing how hideously wrong it all went for the sixth game just emphasises even more what a sensational title this is.
  15. Jul 23, 2014
    Resident Evil 5,

Seriously Capcom, like, seriously? I don't even know where to begin.. I almost fell off my seat when I had read a review which contained the following, "Amazing game, the best Resident Evil ever" The best Resident Evil ever? Are you nuts? I mean... Amazing game too? Come on man this game sucked donkey balls! Resident Evil 5 is set in Africa (Which caused a lot
    Resident Evil 5,

Seriously Capcom, like, seriously?

Resident Evil 5 is set in Africa (Which caused a lot of controversial for complete stupid reasons) where your 2 main protagonists are Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar.

I won't go in to much detail because it's just a complete pile of dog poo!

The Resident Evil community had anticipated the arrival of this game which was released in March 13th, 2009. Ever since the amazement of Resident Evil 4, fans were in for which seemed to be a complete epic sequel to the Resident Evil series.

However, it wasn't... The scare factor has been lost, completely! It was too easy, the game itself didn't feel like Resident Evil, it just felt like... Well... Rubbish!

Zombies with guns... YES! Zombies... With... Guns. I just can't believe what Capcom were thinking, huge disappointment and in my opinion a complete insult to the Resident Evil fans/community.

There is no horror in this game whatsoever, so to those saying "Mix between horror and action" it's just action, you most certainly do not get them feelings you did in the early series, with all the technology we have today, I was expecting to have the crap scared out of me... In fact, the crap this time round was the game itself.

Resident Evil 1-4 was the best of the series. I don't think we will have anything like that again *Wipes away tear*.

Very disappointing Capcom. very disappointing!
  16. Jul 11, 2014
    Being the first RE games for the new consoles I was pretty excited for this game, RE4 had perfected the Survival horror style, so the developers should have had all they need to make the next sequel. Unfortunately they took a different path and tried to update the franchise, which took away a lot of the magic in the process. Luckily while there are a lot of annoying changes with adding coBeing the first RE games for the new consoles I was pretty excited for this game, RE4 had perfected the Survival horror style, so the developers should have had all they need to make the next sequel. Unfortunately they took a different path and tried to update the franchise, which took away a lot of the magic in the process. Luckily while there are a lot of annoying changes with adding co op and the inventory system changes, the game just scrapes through as a decent action game with some survival horror elements. They graphics look good but have some terrible tearing issues and the gunplay is solid until you need to use your inventory, which in awkward. The main AI in the game is your partner and its terrible this game would have been so much better without Sheva. All in all in was a decent ride but not really worth of the Resident evil franchise. Expand
  17. Jun 1, 2014
    With a total lack of anything scary and an emphasis on action packed shoot-outs and set-pieces, it seems like the classic survival-horror series is moving away from the fear in this entry in favor of a more action-oriented approach. However the game still stubbornly clings to old survival-horror gameplay tropes (not moving while shooting and limited inventory space), which leads to theWith a total lack of anything scary and an emphasis on action packed shoot-outs and set-pieces, it seems like the classic survival-horror series is moving away from the fear in this entry in favor of a more action-oriented approach. However the game still stubbornly clings to old survival-horror gameplay tropes (not moving while shooting and limited inventory space), which leads to the game not only feeling like it is having an identity crisis, but also like it is incredibly dated.

Admittedly it's a unique co-op experience. Sticking together with your buddy is a must if you want to survive the majority of the encounters, so when the game splits you up there's actually a feeling of apprehension. There are a number of cool things the game tries with co-op that makes me wish it was all tied to a better game. I found RE 5 to be an incredibly tedious experience thanks to it's dated gameplay mechanics. Not being able to move while shooting or reloading is a nightmare given just how many enemies the game will throw at you, and often from different directions. I assume this was done to create a sense of fear in players, but all it did for me was create anger. Honestly the gameplay mechanics just aren't suited for this type of action-oriented gameplay, and just make things much more complicated and awkward than they should be.

The game was not fun for me at all. Thanks to Capcom's stubborn attempt to cling to the series past whilst also trying to movie it forward, they created an experience that I just couldn't enjoy. It fails to create any sort of fear and feels unbelievably dated for a game that came out back in 2009, despite how good looking it is. They tried to capture the essence of both action and survival-horror games, and only ended up capturing the worst things about both genres. While it is a unique co-op experience, it's also a painfully flawed one. It's probably best that you and your buddy pass on this one. My total score is a 4.3/10=Bad.
  18. Dec 10, 2013
    When Resident Evil 5 first released back 2009, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to making Wesker out of Character with this Release.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  19. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    One of the best game of its series.Game play is good and even story is good.Only problem is where is the merchant?Kinda miss that guy.But It is still a great game.
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    This is a really nice adventure that is worth the money and it's almost sure that if you haven't played the previous one you'll want to have a second playthrough in a different difficulty mode. Prepare to face African zombie hordes in a big amount and to use the so interesting arsenal against them. If you are a big fan of the previous Resident Evil games you might feel to say that is notThis is a really nice adventure that is worth the money and it's almost sure that if you haven't played the previous one you'll want to have a second playthrough in a different difficulty mode. Prepare to face African zombie hordes in a big amount and to use the so interesting arsenal against them. If you are a big fan of the previous Resident Evil games you might feel to say that is not what you were waiting for and you're right somehow, because this is not a horror game, but an action one. Anyway, I want to judge it like something new, that's how the 9 out of 10. Capcom, probably, doesn't want to keep a history because of the extremely competition these days and if they had done that, fans would be the small amount of players who preferred that. Nevertheless, Resident Evil 5 is not at all a disappointing game for those who like zombie games, a good story, special moments and a lot of action. Expand
  21. May 30, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 is probably my favorite out of the Resident Evil franchise (this or Nemesis, still debating on that one) but I love this game to death. While the campaign is short, I think it's a perfect length so if you're going through on professional difficulty it doesn't feel like a 4 month commitment to finish it. Probably the most common complaint is only having 9 inventory slotsResident Evil 5 is probably my favorite out of the Resident Evil franchise (this or Nemesis, still debating on that one) but I love this game to death. While the campaign is short, I think it's a perfect length so if you're going through on professional difficulty it doesn't feel like a 4 month commitment to finish it. Probably the most common complaint is only having 9 inventory slots which includes guns, ammo, medical supplies and armor, but I didn't see a problem with it because a game that's trying to be SURVIVAL I liked the challenge of planning ahead of what I might need instead of carrying everything in a briefcase. Many people will disagree with me, but being narrowed down to a limited inventory made the game more challenging and offered a lot of challenge. Another complaint is having a stupid companion with you who get's in your way. While it's true that this is annoying, I do like that I can have one of my bro's pick up a controller and play as her to help me on my mission. Though it's no excuse for a piss poor A.I, it's still nice to see a co-op feature. I'd definitely get this game if you see it in stores. Expand
  22. May 10, 2013
    I gave this game a 6 based on coop with my friend. RE 2 and 3 are my childhood favorite horror games, SO I always have special feelings for this franchise. I found this game is awkward, it was half-horror and half-action and failed at both aspects. I am a little bit of mad at how Ca(sh)com handled and ruined this gold title.
  23. May 4, 2013
    Too much like re4 even the first part looks the same where the guy attacks Chris and he says freeze!
    The same lines as Leon says in re4 and most things here are a copy over from 4 just black people now.

The Wesker boss was kind of silly where he can't see you in DARKNESS come on that was so silly I thought he was more powerful than what he was with the T-Virus he injected with but now he is completly blind I wanted him to be the next Tyrant.

If you played re4 then this game will not improve as it is the same feel as that just with a partner who can be helpful at times or not.

What I like is the weapon slots and you can move them to the left or right or up or down slots so when you push down you have that weapon equip rather than going in the inventory screen and doing it that way the inventory is the worst they done to this game because you can't PAUSE THE GAME at all leaving you able to get attack from all the place by random mobs.

Yes the aiming is like re4 you can't move when aiming can be bad, overall a very long game.
  24. Apr 29, 2013
    It's difficult to discuss this game without mentioning Resident Evil 4, since it borrows so much from that game and manages to do most of it wrong. It could've been a lot worse, and has its exciting stretches of gameplay, especially in the earlier chapters, but on the whole is a disappointment. Obviously the biggest problem is the non-optional co-op, awkwardly implemented with one ofIt's difficult to discuss this game without mentioning Resident Evil 4, since it borrows so much from that game and manages to do most of it wrong. It could've been a lot worse, and has its exciting stretches of gameplay, especially in the earlier chapters, but on the whole is a disappointment. Obviously the biggest problem is the non-optional co-op, awkwardly implemented with one of the stupidest computer AIs I've ever seen; why they thought that would be a good idea astounds me. Second biggest problem is the inventory system, definitely a downgrade despite trying to be "modern". There is also a general blandness to the feel of the game; after the novelty of the first playthrough, replaying it for too long left me depressed and listless. Expand
  25. Apr 27, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos del mundo. lo amo .graficas hermosas accion historia mercenarios ampaña a pantalla dividida aun lo juego mas que halo 4 y gear of war 3 en fin esta saga es lo mejor
  26. Apr 19, 2013
    I have played through this game twice (on easy and then the 3rd difficulty) and I can honestly say that I will play through it again.
    Initially I found the controls awkward, and as one very decent review on here has already pointed out, the inventory system is cumbersome to say the least. however, these are both things that I have gotten used to and now don't feel hindered by in the slightest.
    A lot has been said about how the series is losing it's 'horror' element in the more action-oriented RE4 & 5. Personally I found number 4 horrific at times (the Regenerators, even on their own had me mortified more than any other RE enemy), but number 5 just isn't horror. That's not to say that the game should be criticised. What it is is a compulsive, highly playable action shooter with the most gorgeous graphics on the 360, in my opinion.
    The choice of setting is inspired, but I don't think that the variety of environments in Africa has been exploited on this game. The early chapters, wondering through shanty towns seem authentic, but later levels could be set just about anywhere else with lakes and caves. This is a minor criticism however.
    My major problem with this game is it's simplicity, caused by linear level design, self contained and obvious puzzles and the games extremely short length. RE4 took me about 13hours to finish, this took nothing like as long.
    However these flaws are compensated by the games replay value. For all of us achievement freaks, there are alkinds of weapons, treasures etc to be gathered, plus screen filters that can be used to give the game a different look. Gimmicky, yes, but it all adds.
    I loved resident evil 4 for it's gameplay. The worst we could have expected from RE5 really was an inferior clone of 4, which is what we have sadly, but still a supremely enjoyable game while it lasts.
    A lot of people seem to be critical of Sheva's AI in the single player mode. Whilst i can understand some gripes, I can honestly say that for large portions of the game, I forgot that there was any co-operative element to the game. If you're deciding whether or not to buy this game, I wouldn't be put off by the idea of having a computer controlled partner. One or 2 sections may have you tearing your hair out because of her stupidity, but thankfully even on the harder difficulty (I have unlocked but not tried the 4th hardest difficulty by the way) you'll discover you'll only rely on her to keep herself alive and leave her to it.
    The enemies in the game are as usual ridiculous and over the top (and usually always very impressive). Lickers are particularly gruesome.
    Despite the length of time it took for this game to hit the shelves, it is, as i said, remarkably similar in feel to RE4. If you played and enjoyed the awesome Dead Space, this will really keep you entertained. It's not as good, but certainly worth the admission fee.
    Very decent stuff.
  27. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE5 have its awkward moments, but the game play and graphic hold up, a lot of people were disappointed with RE5, but judge for yourself.

Memorable Moments:

Jill in a tight leather suit

Chris looks like he went on steroids since Code Veronica

Chris uppercutting a huge Rock into a lave pit

They is some bad things here that I don't really like much:

1. You have less space to carry things. (9 items for each character)

2. You're friend or partner is un sure of what to do when they are surrounded by the bad guys they pick up ammo, health power ups for you yes but they don't attack the bad guys when surrounded not often enough.
    Mostly the CPU.

3. You can't pause game at all game is ruined by this cause people can attack you still.

4. You can't run and shoot like RE6 boo.

What I like about this game is I recently got it and liked the new weapons on it
    like the 1 handed shotgun which only Chris can hand it 1 hand.

The mercenaries has more stages on it too which will take hours and hours getting SS ranks.

This game should please Resident Evil fans as it's as close as RE4 can be.
  28. Mar 26, 2013
    By no means does this game deserve the criticism that it gets. It isn't the best by a long shot but that doesn't make it bad. What really breaks this game for most people is that it has almost completely moved away from it's survival horror roots. But, to be honest, I'm not surprised. I commend Capcom for taking such a bold move with one of its most recognizable franchises. There wasBy no means does this game deserve the criticism that it gets. It isn't the best by a long shot but that doesn't make it bad. What really breaks this game for most people is that it has almost completely moved away from it's survival horror roots. But, to be honest, I'm not surprised. I commend Capcom for taking such a bold move with one of its most recognizable franchises. There was never a law that RE was always supposed to be a survival horror franchise. This game is a third person action horror and does a very good job at being just that. The action is fun, the atmosphere is tense when needed to be and the story more or less what you would expect. My only real qualms with the game are big ones. 1) The AI partner, she is unnecessary and gets more in your way than anything else. They shouldn't of bothered including her for the single player campaign. 2) The chapter/section setup doesn't always feel natural when transitioning from one to another and it does break the overall atmosphere. They feel more like levels than section of one game. Overall: RE 5: Is flawed and made some unpopular choices regarding the direction of the series, but I though this game was a sold (but flawed) attempt to do something new. Get rid of the AI partner and I would score this slightly higher. Expand
  29. Mar 24, 2013
    this was awesome resident evil the best part was that you can play with a co-op in a split screen that was very great to me and the best 2-players game I've ever played.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    The first thing to say about Resident Evil 5 is that its not really a Resident Evil game. The series trademarks of dark, narrow environments and limited amounts of ammo are gone and this time around you even have a co-op partner in tow throughout the entire game further removing any sense of tension or fear. Played without another human controlling said partner it is very difficult toThe first thing to say about Resident Evil 5 is that its not really a Resident Evil game. The series trademarks of dark, narrow environments and limited amounts of ammo are gone and this time around you even have a co-op partner in tow throughout the entire game further removing any sense of tension or fear. Played without another human controlling said partner it is very difficult to recommend Resident Evil 5 to anyone thanks on large part to the complete incompetence of the AI to assist you at any point. With a human partner the game makes for a passable co-op experience despite the games clunky controls and poor pacing. Expand
  31. Nov 19, 2012
    Awful Game, Awful mechcanics, awful inventory, awful characters, awful story, AWFUL EVERYTHING! game is too hard and makes me want to rage. Capcom should re-invent the franchise, this game is an over-hyped piece of crap! don't buy this game!
  32. Nov 16, 2012
    I wish I had more to sat for why I gave this game a 5, but in short nothing this game did took me in. The controls felt clunky, the characters were shaped ridiculously, and the game just never made me care to continue.
  33. Oct 14, 2012
    As much as I would love to give this game a 10, the AI's intelligence is really that bad. The graphics, sound, game play, and everything else is solid. The AI is just really bad some times and before anyone says anything about Resident Evil not having this much action, Resident Evil 3 had a little more, it was just the technology of the time. I have played this game from Amateur toAs much as I would love to give this game a 10, the AI's intelligence is really that bad. The graphics, sound, game play, and everything else is solid. The AI is just really bad some times and before anyone says anything about Resident Evil not having this much action, Resident Evil 3 had a little more, it was just the technology of the time. I have played this game from Amateur to Professional and it runs smoothly on all difficulty, couldn't recommend this game more. Expand
  34. Oct 8, 2012
    The only thing that sucks about this game is the AI is retarded and it's pretty difficult to beat with the AI alone. You need two people to beat this game easily.
  35. Sep 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is such a great game fighting through all the wierd zombies and killing all the strange monsters, throwing eggs, shooting barrels, running from chainsaw guys and scream when your ammo is gone! playing in coop is also a great way to kill wesker especially when your going up against him when mutated Expand
  36. Aug 4, 2012
    People need to realize that this game is not meant to be like the older entries, Capcom is trying to take the series into new directions. Just like any band that has a sound that was a hit in the beginning, things get old and they know it's time to take it into another direction. How many times can they create scary moments without going stale? And those of you who complain about notPeople need to realize that this game is not meant to be like the older entries, Capcom is trying to take the series into new directions. Just like any band that has a sound that was a hit in the beginning, things get old and they know it's time to take it into another direction. How many times can they create scary moments without going stale? And those of you who complain about not being able to shoot while moving and not being like the older games are contradicting yourselves, Resident evil ALWAYS made you stop before shooting, obviously you either haven't played the earlier games; or your trying to find reasons to **** Expand
  37. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lavish graphics? No doubt! New characters and enemies? Yes. Good Game? Not really. It was the first Resident Evil I played and I have to say, while I had fun tearing through the zombies, I felt the game was too easy, especially having only played the series for the first time. The worst thing was the amount of ammo. Soon after discovering the other Resident' evils, I learned that conservation was the key. Re5 was like playing Call of Duty. What was particularly bizarre, was the fact that some of the Zombies had guns. The melee weapons not so as much, because zombies(sorry for being Politically incorrect) have could easily pick up weapons and swing. Now there are lickers, the only creatures that actually fit the bill of Resident Evil. We also have Jill Valentine, Wesker and Chris Redfield. Now the buddy system is alright, providing you are a new-gamer, with no sense of skill, and enjoys the overkill of COD. Makes for good multi -player, but since when was Re a multiplayer game. It was always about surviving on your own. Expand
  38. Jun 27, 2012
    Want to play a completely watered down and uninspired version of Resident Evil 4? Then Resident Evil 5 is for you. This game is only about half the length of Resident Evil 4, but not for the sake of quality. It becomes boring after the first 2 main sections of the game, throwing cheap gimmicks at you to make the action sections harder, boss battles are a waste of energy and time andWant to play a completely watered down and uninspired version of Resident Evil 4? Then Resident Evil 5 is for you. This game is only about half the length of Resident Evil 4, but not for the sake of quality. It becomes boring after the first 2 main sections of the game, throwing cheap gimmicks at you to make the action sections harder, boss battles are a waste of energy and time and they're all just blobs of tentacles. The final boss was one of the most unfun, unfair fights I've ever played in a videogame. They somehow managed to make the story even MORE generic and predictable than previous games. The music is just a bunch of string stabs and I refuse to call that music. Everything about this game reaks of mediocrity, disappointing because RE4 was so good. Expand
  39. May 27, 2012
    This game was a huge dissapointment, but I gotta admit it was still very well made. The coop system, the graphics, the inventory system, the revival, some cool new additions. I didnt like the overall design tho for the main quest. wish there was more freedom to explore the world....the mercenaries is what saved this game for me tho. It was just so damn addicting. I poured ours intoThis game was a huge dissapointment, but I gotta admit it was still very well made. The coop system, the graphics, the inventory system, the revival, some cool new additions. I didnt like the overall design tho for the main quest. wish there was more freedom to explore the world....the mercenaries is what saved this game for me tho. It was just so damn addicting. I poured ours into the mercenaries trying to perfect my score. Expand
  40. Apr 1, 2012
    This game is not very good. It lacks a fluidity that has grown from other tps, and it feels slow and akward to move. You cannot move and shoot and lacks the feel of escaping from hordes of zombies. The story is a typical resident evil, completely over the top and unrealistic story. That doesnt make it bad. Its a story that satisfies the game, but the cut sceens are aggrivating as you putThis game is not very good. It lacks a fluidity that has grown from other tps, and it feels slow and akward to move. You cannot move and shoot and lacks the feel of escaping from hordes of zombies. The story is a typical resident evil, completely over the top and unrealistic story. That doesnt make it bad. Its a story that satisfies the game, but the cut sceens are aggrivating as you put down your controller to watch and then randomly the icon "X to dodge" comes up and then you almost immediately get crushed or shot by something and tie. A lack of innovation in the series makes this game inferior to other zombie games and capcom really needs to move either back to its old ways like in re4, or go for a more modern tps.. it can't lie in the middle like it does for this game... it doesn't work Expand
  41. Mar 21, 2012
    I've beaten this game so many times. I have every weapon with infinite ammo and im currently ranked 3,000 for fastest time on professional, enough said lol...
  42. Mar 20, 2012
    I dont care about what people say resident evil 5 is an awesome game, i know Resident evil 4 was better! But i still think RE5 was a great one of the best this gen, cant wait for Resident Evil 6
  43. Mar 14, 2012
    It is the game with fewer personality of the saga. It copies to RE4 constant, your history is weak and absurd, there is no terror and the worst thing of everything, you cannot advance while you appear.
  44. Feb 24, 2012
    Resident Evil 5 is without a doubt one of the best games this gen! The mix between Horror and Action is spot on in this game.. The story is AMAZING! the gameplay mechanics are greatly improved over older RE games, and the replay value is really HIGH! especially the GOLD version (complete edition) which has all the extras (new modes,DLCs). All in all Resident Evil 5 is an AMAZING! game..Resident Evil 5 is without a doubt one of the best games this gen! The mix between Horror and Action is spot on in this game.. The story is AMAZING! the gameplay mechanics are greatly improved over older RE games, and the replay value is really HIGH! especially the GOLD version (complete edition) which has all the extras (new modes,DLCs). All in all Resident Evil 5 is an AMAZING! game.. You MUST own it if you like action/Horror games Expand
  45. Feb 24, 2012
  46. Feb 17, 2012
    The biggest problem that RE5 has is its general lack of imagination and blandness. These traits could also be applied to its story which doesn't really engage or involve the player. The AI is flawed so playing with another person is essential. The inventory system can be a pain and swapping items with your partner is harder than it should be. On the positive side, the game looks amazingThe biggest problem that RE5 has is its general lack of imagination and blandness. These traits could also be applied to its story which doesn't really engage or involve the player. The AI is flawed so playing with another person is essential. The inventory system can be a pain and swapping items with your partner is harder than it should be. On the positive side, the game looks amazing and mercenaries mode gives it plenty of replay value. Expand
  47. Jan 31, 2012
    A blast to play in co-op. Paying 60$ for this on launch day was worth it. The graphics are stunning on xbox 360, and one of the only ones I find that actually looks good on this system. The controls are a bit awkward, but it's resident evil! What can you do?! This game was meant to be played in co-op, dont judge it based on resident evil 4. The 2 games are incredibly different in myA blast to play in co-op. Paying 60$ for this on launch day was worth it. The graphics are stunning on xbox 360, and one of the only ones I find that actually looks good on this system. The controls are a bit awkward, but it's resident evil! What can you do?! This game was meant to be played in co-op, dont judge it based on resident evil 4. The 2 games are incredibly different in my opinion. Resi 5 has absolutely zero tense and scary moments, but that doesn't stop it being fun. A game meant to be played with 2 people, 9/10! Expand
  48. Jan 20, 2012
    Let's be honest here. If you're a fan of RE from it's early days on the Playstation, this installment was a disappointment in several areas.

First, it's beyond me why they didn't allow an option to play the game solo. There's a significant learning curve that accompanies having to cooperate with a computer-controlled ally for the ENTIREITY OF THE GAME. It's forced multi-player for what historically has been a single-player game. I don't have xbox live and don't want it for the simple reason that I enjoy playing games ALONE. It'd be one thing if your ally was impeccable, but he/she seems to mostly just waste ammo and get in your way.

Secondly, the game isn't scary. At all. You spend most of your time in sunlit outdoor areas. Where's the horror?

Finally, there's a time in the life of most long-run video game series where things just need to change. Not being able to move and attack at the same time was charming in RE1 & RE2, but it's annoying as all heck in RE5. This is especially the case as RE5 plays more like an action/shooter game than traditional survival horror....so you find yourself wanting to engage in some shootin', stabbing, and blowin' stuff up but no...you're a walking turret. First you must STOP, THEN you may fire :)
  49. Jan 20, 2012
    Amazing game, the best Resident Evil ever, the best action game, horror game, the final is amazing with Wesker, I love Jill and Chris again, the so emotional scene. I really hope that RE6 be better and GOTY 2012.
  50. Dec 31, 2011
    This is a very good game if you haven`t played RE4. If you do have played RE4 then this is just an OK game. (I would score it 6.7 but there`s no decimal scores on metacritic)

*The good: Great graphics/Smooth gameplay/ *The not so good: Very generic cliche characters/ Not very compelling story (find bad guy-bad guy escapes-find bad guy again-bad guy scapes again....)/ After a while things get very repetitive(boring)/ A bit too easy. /No blobby or real-zombie enemies.
    *The worst: It doesn`t feel like a RE game. (It feels more like a Tomb Raider one) This game is not scary at all /Nothing new since RE4.

Overall, this is a good action-3rd person shooter, but that is it. RE5 doesn`t add anything fresh or interesting since RE4. if you want a real scary game get Dead Space
  51. Nov 30, 2011
    Just gave a second chance to this game after more than 2 years.
    Loaded my safegame from march 2009, restartet at first chapter, played for a while and well what did i expect, of course it didnt improve in the meantime. Its still just f*cking nothing.
    Just gave a second chance to this game after more than 2 years.

Gameplay wise everything that made past resident evil games enjoyable for me is simply missing in this one. You expect some kind of atmosphere? Better play some different game, RE5 is one of the least atmospheric games i came across. There is no tension, no horror, boring story, no motivation, close to no puzzling and the complete game pretty much just a quick rushing through hordes of cannonfodder zombies. Finishing RE4 profi mode just took me close to 20 hours on xbox 360. (RE4 is an O.K. game)
    In comparison RE5... ...here is a hint ive picked up in some RE5 guide:
    "Try to finish the game in under 5 hours when you play it first time so you can get unlimited ammo for the rocket launcher"
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    When a sequel to a previous game comes around, one expects it to improve, expand, and be more fun. Resident Evil 5 refines some aspects from Resident Evil 4, but also takes a few steps backwards. The scale of the game is significantly bigger but less focused, the story is shorter and cliche. There is less freedom, which means the game is strictly more linear and for better or worse moreWhen a sequel to a previous game comes around, one expects it to improve, expand, and be more fun. Resident Evil 5 refines some aspects from Resident Evil 4, but also takes a few steps backwards. The scale of the game is significantly bigger but less focused, the story is shorter and cliche. There is less freedom, which means the game is strictly more linear and for better or worse more action oriented. The price for being more action oriented in resident evil 5 is a dramatic drop in the horror, pacing, and ambiental aspects found in resident evil 4. You still get some minigames like the mercenaries mode in which you shoot hordes of enemies, and some downloadable side stories, but in the end resident evil 5 fails to surpass resident evil 4. nicer graphics, better dialogue, and a bigger scale in resident evil 5 doesn't makes it a better game. to top it off, the acceptable control scheme used in the previous game, returns untouched and it feels far more dated than last time mostly because the pacing of the game is faster. Expand
  53. Oct 18, 2011
    Resident Evil 5 is one of the better games that I have played. RE5 is a good way to jump into the series if you are not interested in other RE games (like me). The story is pretty good as I kept playing, anxious to see what would happen next. I especially like Wesker as he is an amazing character and his abilities grant him a place on my list of favorite villians. The character depth isResident Evil 5 is one of the better games that I have played. RE5 is a good way to jump into the series if you are not interested in other RE games (like me). The story is pretty good as I kept playing, anxious to see what would happen next. I especially like Wesker as he is an amazing character and his abilities grant him a place on my list of favorite villians. The character depth is all very unique and the graphics are great too. The playability is solid but sometimes it seems to cause some problems as it all feels very limited but still very fun to use. The fact that you have a partner makes it all the more fun except it is wierd that your partner will always use the weakest weapon in their inventory when they have stronger ones. Overall RE5 is a great game that I recomend RE fans and other gamers alike play for the amount of fun it gives out. Expand
  54. Aug 18, 2011
    Was nice, had nice action and overall is just not creepy. RE5 failed to deliver creepy awesome moments compared to the successful predecessor , to long years since the announcement and failed in this side. Even with that annoying failure, Is very good . The graphics looks nice enough, the gameplay is solid, the co op was cool and the story is just what I don't care. Buy it if you're aWas nice, had nice action and overall is just not creepy. RE5 failed to deliver creepy awesome moments compared to the successful predecessor , to long years since the announcement and failed in this side. Even with that annoying failure, Is very good . The graphics looks nice enough, the gameplay is solid, the co op was cool and the story is just what I don't care. Buy it if you're a hardcore RE fan, If you haven't played ever the series, obligatory play It. Expand
  55. Jul 20, 2011
    Zombies with guns, really? I meen i get they arnt really zombies anymore but guns? Really? Well to sart this off Its prob one of the worst RES games to date i never really like chris even in the earlier games and i still dont but how could they make a skinny guy into a bulking body builder idk. Sheva isnt a very likable eather. The levals can be fun and the boss fights are fun andZombies with guns, really? I meen i get they arnt really zombies anymore but guns? Really? Well to sart this off Its prob one of the worst RES games to date i never really like chris even in the earlier games and i still dont but how could they make a skinny guy into a bulking body builder idk. Sheva isnt a very likable eather. The levals can be fun and the boss fights are fun and challenging but theres just something about it and in my oppinion Resident evils 4 is a better game i meen Leon is much more likeable than chris and many people would agree with me. To close my review this was an average game. Expand
  56. Jun 28, 2011
    Graphics are pretty good, the story is cool but the gameplay is not enought fun, zombie with guns, not enought guns, the chekpoint take you out of your bubble and where is the market of resident evil 4, why they changed that?
  57. Jun 12, 2011
    this is a good game. yes, of all the things that i've said in my other more brutal burns of other things. i think that this game is amazing. and i am a die hard fan of the resident evil saga. and this by far is one of the best, and is up there next to the REmake and res. evil 4. this game revolves around chris Redfield, and a new character named Sheva. this game actually ties the seriesthis is a good game. yes, of all the things that i've said in my other more brutal burns of other things. i think that this game is amazing. and i am a die hard fan of the resident evil saga. and this by far is one of the best, and is up there next to the REmake and res. evil 4. this game revolves around chris Redfield, and a new character named Sheva. this game actually ties the series together and ends it because it involves Chris, and Sheva, and a little help from the familier stars member herself, Jill Valentine.
    it also has the badest, of badasses. Albert Wesker. holy mother of god was i psyched when i first saw him. then when i found out what he had done to Jill. i was pissed. the whole idea that he had brain washed Jill after making it seem that Jill had died after a greatly epic battle with wesker. i hated wesker more than i ever had in my career of playing the RE games. the battles with him were well done, and fun. the cutscenes were epic. the fact that there weren't as many interactive cutscenes as 4, but it was still fun.
    now, i hate the fact that people complain about some of the stupid things like the whole zombies driving, and using guns. its a **** video game. its not suposed to be realistic. idiots.
    and there are complaints about how you can't run and gun. of course you can't! if you've played any RE game, then you know that you don't run and gun. same as every freaking re game. and yes, the controls aren't re4, but you can change them! god! i really don't like the fact that people also complain about sheva. all i have to say to that is this. remember re0? and i'll leave it at that.
  58. Jun 12, 2011
    They vastly improved the graphics, they amped up the action, they have a great story, but sadly they forgot to put in the horror. This game is an action game with parasite-possessed folk (just like in RE4) with a new mystery behind it all. The plot isn't truly that intriguing, but the gameplay is loads of fun and it has a really well worked out online play. The brutality is taken down fromThey vastly improved the graphics, they amped up the action, they have a great story, but sadly they forgot to put in the horror. This game is an action game with parasite-possessed folk (just like in RE4) with a new mystery behind it all. The plot isn't truly that intriguing, but the gameplay is loads of fun and it has a really well worked out online play. The brutality is taken down from previous Resident Evil games - and whenever you blow off a Uroboros head you see four parasitic tentacles open out of the neck (or you see a gigantic parasitic monster come out, and the fight goes on). Having Sheva around - when playing single player - can be as annoying as having Ashley following you around because she's always dying on you and she's the only thing that makes the professional modes hard. This game is extremely easy, and though Sheva is there to help, she's the only thing making it difficult (unless you play with somebody online). So basically you can play with online friends on both the storymode and on mercenaries - and Mercenaries mode has been improved much more than it was in RE4 and has a vaster amount of playable characters. One complaint of mine on character design is that they made the monsters very comic-book like in their huge size (though the details are amazing) and they made Wesker's appearance slightly less badass and professional than he as in RE4. Also in RE4 Wesker had stronger abilities in Mercenaries. Really RE4's a better game, but this is still very fun. Expand
  59. Apr 15, 2011
    This time, you are the zombie. I am kidding. You are not a zombie; you just move like one. Never has moving about a virtual world felt so cumbersome. For starters, you have to stop to shoot. Even waving a baton requires stopping first. Then there is the interminable quest for items. Before after and sometimes during encounters with zombies you will scour each area for pots and crates toThis time, you are the zombie. I am kidding. You are not a zombie; you just move like one. Never has moving about a virtual world felt so cumbersome. For starters, you have to stop to shoot. Even waving a baton requires stopping first. Then there is the interminable quest for items. Before after and sometimes during encounters with zombies you will scour each area for pots and crates to bust open in hopes of finding more ammunition and healing herbs. Are the herbs a pot reference? All these and the "Tomb Raider" style puzzles make for some slow game play. As an example, I spent perhaps 10 minutes running back and forth one short hallway trying to kill one heavily armored mutated zombie. Replay value is minimal. You can keep all your weapons from the prior play through, which makes the second time around so much EASIER, but after an hour of that I came to my senses. Why would I want to go through all those repetitive puzzles one more time? I would not. For the record, being apple to move while shooting would make this game more fun. Expand
  60. Mar 26, 2011
    Zombies with guns. This should be all I have to say to prove what a joke this game is. For more reasons, please, continue. Resident Evil 5 takes the brilliant design from Resident Evil 4, an amazing game, and completely f***s it up. The biggest offenders are the following. The story is incredibly short. The AI is some of the worst, ever. Sheva apparently can't use any weapon but herZombies with guns. This should be all I have to say to prove what a joke this game is. For more reasons, please, continue. Resident Evil 5 takes the brilliant design from Resident Evil 4, an amazing game, and completely f***s it up. The biggest offenders are the following. The story is incredibly short. The AI is some of the worst, ever. Sheva apparently can't use any weapon but her handgun, regardless of what gun you give her (this include grenades). She also can't aim for the head, so she'll chew through ammo blasting away at people's chests. And if you try to use her like a pack mule, she'll waste all of your healing items for the smallest of injuries. The inventory system is also a load of crap. Trading items with a partner is needlessly difficult and for some reason you can only quick switch to items in the cardinal directions. So if you picked up something useful, and it's in the top right slot, you need to stop, move to it, equip it, leave the menu, all while there are zombies coming at you. Forget it if you want to combine herbs. Capcom also pulls a little DLC trick. The online versus mode and Mercenaries Reunion characters were originally supposed to be in the game, but Capcom decided to put that and both DLC chapters in the later released Gold Edition in an attempt to weasel as much money as they can out of their loyal customers. Shame on you, Capcom, for soiling the legacy of Leon S. Kennedy. Expand
  61. Mar 16, 2011
    Resident Lost,thats how this game feels its not scary,jumpy,creepy in any way.Time for a rethink,although mercenaries is good though.I had high hopes for this installment and while there are some cool and fun moments its feels very bleh,shame really.
  62. Jan 20, 2011
    Even though I am playing this game over a year after release, Had I played it on release i would have walked away with the same feelings I have today, RE5 just feels dated. It is fun on coop (clearly not developed with single player in mind), has very nice visuals, mediocre story, offers enough challenge to be satsifying and is not a bad game by any means, but it really doesn't stand outEven though I am playing this game over a year after release, Had I played it on release i would have walked away with the same feelings I have today, RE5 just feels dated. It is fun on coop (clearly not developed with single player in mind), has very nice visuals, mediocre story, offers enough challenge to be satsifying and is not a bad game by any means, but it really doesn't stand out from the pack. I am not even cmparing this game to RE4, I have never played RE4, but the formula from that game has been used many times over and expanded upon in much better games than RE5. Get it cheap, play it through with a friend, but don't expect to be blown away. Don't expect any horror either, this game is more like a Mad Max action flick than Zombie survival horror. Expand
  63. Dec 22, 2010
    I've always been a big fan of the Resi series so it's goes without saying that I bought this game out of brand appeal...at first.

The plot is the usual Resi affair in that you are a previously established character who finds themself in the middle of a zombie panic and must survive long enough to escape and discover the truth behind what happened and usually blowing up one or more labs along the way (that's not a spoiler, it's just what happens in EVERY RESIDENT EVIL GAME EVER MADE!). The main differences here are that you are part of an international anti-bioterrorism agency (rather than the local police's S.W.A.T team), Chris has apparantly become a religious fan of the film 'Pumping Iron' and is now accompanied by a token black chick...I mean 'partner from within the agency'.

While on the topic of Sheva, her AI is...'compotent', not great but not 'Dead rising' either. It's that awkward middle space where she can act well enough on her own but there are times where she should just know better ('no Sheva, you do not need to use a first aid spray on me every time I get a splinter'). Most of the time I only found use for her as a pack mule and meat shield (the exception to this being if there is another player present, in which case she is as good as the person controlling her).

She's not even characterised that well, I would have forgiven her next to pointlessness if she hadn't been as likeable as a bottle of gone off, sludgey milk. She feels like she's been shoehorned in, namely because she has little, if anything, to do with the plot of the game (besides an equally cheesey story about how her parents were killed...BY UMBRELLA! Dun dun dun!). Her only excuse for being there is seemingly a) so they could have co-op play (Outbreak had co-op but every character had a legitimate excuse for being in the game, even the token black guys and women) and b) so they didn't get accused of being racist (and Resi 5 isn't even racist anyway, are we seriously trying to suggest that the reason Chris goes to Africa and kills lots of zombies is simply because he just doesn't like black people?).

The gameplay is almost directly copy-paste from Resi 4 (which was a good game) and while some may complain that the inventory system sucks, it does help speed the game up (especially when it comes to co-op) and gets rid of that annoying need to rearrange everything every time you want to buy a new gun. Most the new guns look and feel a little 'meh', granted, now every weapon (more or less) can be obtained for free but a lot of them have little that makes them special or they're just direct copies from Resi 4 (except slightly more 'military' looking) and now there are no exclusive upgrades (no more badass long range shotgun or pistol that pierces through five guys at once,this saddens me greatly).

There are plenty of unlockables (but obtaining the money to buy them is a huge time sink) and the ability to choose levels does help add to replay value by allowing you to pick your favourite areas or help friends in areas where they are stuck (or get items and collectables that you missed).

Overall, Resi 5 is good if you're a fan of the series and you have a friend to play with, non-fansmay find themselves in over their heads and without a co-op partner you'll find yourself occasionally cursing the AI for it's moments of sheer stupidity.
  64. Dec 21, 2010
    Resident Evil, is a fun game, but it's just not that scary. The game play and campaign overall is very fun and entertaining, but it's not that SCARY! But i had a fun time unlocking all the weapons without glitching, but Resident Evil 5 is just not that scary! Overall, it is a fun game that will keep you entertained for a long while, but It's just not that scary! Thank you.
  65. Nov 2, 2010
    I am sad to say Resident Evil may be losing it's touch but in all honesty I must say it and state why.. Resident Evil is a big name in gaming. Capcoms biggest series has or may be soon losing it's touch and grace with gamers. Resident Evil 4 redefined the game and made it stay relevant. Then many other copied it and they way it was played was dull again. The game is uninspired with a storyI am sad to say Resident Evil may be losing it's touch but in all honesty I must say it and state why.. Resident Evil is a big name in gaming. Capcoms biggest series has or may be soon losing it's touch and grace with gamers. Resident Evil 4 redefined the game and made it stay relevant. Then many other copied it and they way it was played was dull again. The game is uninspired with a story that can make sense but refuses too in a way that makes you want earn that magnum infinite ammo just to get the game done faster. Chris Redfield has been taking steroids since Code Veronica and is showing it. The weapons are fairly decent. The game play is fun for quite a long time and the graphics are top notch quality. Good game for action fans, bad game for RE fan boys/girls. Expand
  66. Oct 22, 2010
    Polished to hell. I found the story weak and the game simply isn't as fun to play as the others before it. Still, there's enough here to love (loads of weapons, Mercs mode, co-op, Jill's ass...) and I still play it a year on. Must mean something.
  67. Sep 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil 5 will capture your hearts as it leads off from the previous chapter Resident Evil 4. Basically, Capcom took everything that was good in Resident Evil 4 and took Resident Evil 5 to the next level. Besides the improved Inventory system and introduction into the new "Co-op" in the Resident Evil Series, the boost in graphics and sound will definitely make the hairs on the back of your neck rise as it delivers the ultimate experience while playing Resident Evil 5. To get started on the basic plot of Resident Evil 5. Resident Evil 5 starts 6 years after the destruction of Umbrella and your still playing as Chris Redfield but this time he has become an agent of BSAA to help fight biological terrorism. To top it off, you even have a new partner "Sheva Alomar". Your probably wondering where Chris Redfield old partner, Jill Valentine is? You will have to find out yourself when you start playing the game.

As you and your new partner (Sheva) continue to fight the ongoing infection that has infected the people of Kijuju. This time, they aren't just zombies and it wasn't an accident. A power-hungry corporation modified and created a new virus that controls the mindless host. You will find them more challenging and dangerous than before.

One of the great perks of Resident Evil 5 is the Cooperative play of the game. You can go it alone or invite a friend to play with you through Xbox live. Another thing I find great about Resident Evil 5 is the in between screens. It is almost like watching a movie with a great story line. A downfall, is the shortness in ammo. I find it hard to collect ammo for more powerful weapons, so to keep in mind. Use your bullets carefully.

In conclusion, Resident Evil 5 is definitely worth buying. Definitely worth playing. If you enjoy previous Resident Evil games. You will enjoy Resident Evil 5, but I wouldn't give my hopes up as Resident Evil 5 brings an exciting experience to the table that is different then previous versions. If I were to rate Resident Evil 5, I would definitely rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I look forward to replay Resident Evil a few more times on a more difficult setting to truly test my ability to stay alive!
  68. SteveL.
    Mar 15, 2010
    I love this game.
  69. JohnDoe
    Dec 30, 2009
    In a RE fan perspective, this game sucks incredibly, the story was incredibly sub par, it was a total mess, I don't know why they still use the stop-shoot system still, now it just pisses me off. Now, the game is level oriented instead of continuous, levels end right before I seem to get interested. RE5 isn't a horror at all anymore, its more like a steroid-driven action title. In a RE fan perspective, this game sucks incredibly, the story was incredibly sub par, it was a total mess, I don't know why they still use the stop-shoot system still, now it just pisses me off. Now, the game is level oriented instead of continuous, levels end right before I seem to get interested. RE5 isn't a horror at all anymore, its more like a steroid-driven action title. Chris is now a super hero and it seems like everyone has superpowers now, which is very anticlimactic. Puzzles seem to be put there to satisfy the stupidest of gamers and to keep the thought of RE in mind. I don't know what the games creators were thinking(couldn't have been capcom who made this) calling this game RE anyways, probably to attract the fans. All that aside, if you liked the RE movie, then you probably would like this game, since they both seem to be void of intelligence. If you are a fan of the series, this game is severely lacking Expand
  70. JBell
    Dec 29, 2009
    Resident Evil 5 feels uninspired and dull, when compared to earlier entries in this blockbuster series. The control scheme and gameplay vitae let this game down in a big way. The game is overly a clunky, slow-paced experience. There is no cover system, aiming is painfully difficult and you have to stand completely still while shooting. On top of that, you have the fact that the game Resident Evil 5 feels uninspired and dull, when compared to earlier entries in this blockbuster series. The control scheme and gameplay vitae let this game down in a big way. The game is overly a clunky, slow-paced experience. There is no cover system, aiming is painfully difficult and you have to stand completely still while shooting. On top of that, you have the fact that the game disgraces the "survival horror" genre. Vampire Rain scared me more than this game - probably because of VR was so terrible, that it's scary. The level design is entry-level and there are no real survival horror elements as a lot of the game takes place in brightly lit surroundings. Additionally, the artificial intelligence is very weak, detracting severely from the quality of this game. Praise must be given to the excellent presentation and the overall polish, but Resident Evil 5 emplores entry-level game mechanics, resulting in it being a dull, tired experience. Expand
  71. yousell
    Nov 25, 2009
    The game is really good on it's own way. Those idiots that are rating this game 7 or below are just dumb. It's impossible to give a '0' to a game like this. "Jay J" you're just an idiot.
  72. StevenH
    Nov 23, 2009
    A great game unfortunately and fatally flawed by the worst and most inappropriate controls ever. The gameplay progression also highly resembles Resident Evil 4, exposing Capcom's reluctance to change a (mostly) working formula. For those who doubt my depth of knowledge about the game - I have beaten it on professional mode in under 5 hours. This title could have been much more, had A great game unfortunately and fatally flawed by the worst and most inappropriate controls ever. The gameplay progression also highly resembles Resident Evil 4, exposing Capcom's reluctance to change a (mostly) working formula. For those who doubt my depth of knowledge about the game - I have beaten it on professional mode in under 5 hours. This title could have been much more, had the movement just been more agile and had the writing been a bit better. Expand
  73. JasonD
    Nov 17, 2009
    I really did enjoy RE5. The graphics are great and there is plenty of action to stay entertained. I do agree that the stop and shooting feels dated. It worked great in RE4. That was last gen though. RE4 revolutionized this over the shoulder style. RE5 stayed true to this formula that worked before. The problem is that other games like gears, graw, and even dead space have evolved it. They I really did enjoy RE5. The graphics are great and there is plenty of action to stay entertained. I do agree that the stop and shooting feels dated. It worked great in RE4. That was last gen though. RE4 revolutionized this over the shoulder style. RE5 stayed true to this formula that worked before. The problem is that other games like gears, graw, and even dead space have evolved it. They need to update the gameplay in the next one. It took a little while to get used to it. But once you do it's not as bad. In a way it can make the battles more intense. But i still want them to allow you to move and shoot. I still had fun and thought that the action aspect was good. I was a little dissappointed in the gameplay, but overall good Expand
  74. MattA
    Oct 22, 2009
    A very fun game once you get the hang of it! The co-op aspect of the game is stellar! It's fun playing with a friend who has your back the entire game. It also has a lot of replay value with unlockables, mercenaries mode, and extra costumes and difficulties. I got it for about 35 bucks and it was totally worth every penny.
  75. EricL
    Oct 10, 2009
    Amazing game!! This is more of a survival-action game than a survival horror game, but the campeign is fun from start to finish! It's not as lengthy as Resident Evil 4. The AI on Sheva is suprisingly good, even though antisocial gamers would be miffed because there is no option to play without her. The problem is that she always uses her pistol, so don't give that to her. Amazing game!! This is more of a survival-action game than a survival horror game, but the campeign is fun from start to finish! It's not as lengthy as Resident Evil 4. The AI on Sheva is suprisingly good, even though antisocial gamers would be miffed because there is no option to play without her. The problem is that she always uses her pistol, so don't give that to her. Speaking of equiptment, the one downside to this game is that you have to fumble with your inventory in real time, which is pretty frustrating. Fortunatly you could set some items to the d-pad, so it lightens things up a little. Mercinaries mode is fun and addicting, and the game has a Devil May Cry-ish replay value, where you try to get better ranks, and there are also a ton of extras. One more complaint is that the collector's eddition doesn't come with too many interesting things, and it's almost impossible to take the disk out of the case. The graphics, music, and voice acting are phenominal. The story really isn't too good, but expecting a good story out of this is like expecting one from a Mario or Zelda game; don't do it. The controles and sensitive aiming would take some time to get used to, but those of us who've played resident evil 4 have the option to swich to a simmilar controle scheme to that one, although you can't straife, which isn't as big of a problem as it sounds. One of the best action game ever. If you still know what "fun" feels like, check this out. Expand
  76. JayJ
    Aug 12, 2009
    Okay let me start off by saying I have only played the RE5 demo and about the first 30 mins of the full game, but that was all that was required for me to determine how god awful this game is. Let me say that I have always held RE in a certain place in my heart. I used to be scared crap-less by the game when I was young so I never played the previous installments. To tell you the truth I Okay let me start off by saying I have only played the RE5 demo and about the first 30 mins of the full game, but that was all that was required for me to determine how god awful this game is. Let me say that I have always held RE in a certain place in my heart. I used to be scared crap-less by the game when I was young so I never played the previous installments. To tell you the truth I hated the RE games. Well that was until RE4. My friend let me borrow it for the Wii one summer and it was all I could play. Of all of the great games I have played in my life (COD4, GTAVC, HaloCE) none can compare to the adventure I had on my Wii with Leon Kennedy. This brings me to being very hyped about RE5. This of course was a mistake. RE5 takes all of the great qualities of RE4 and destroys them in a flaming ball of crap. The controls make the game UNPLAYABLE. They are the most blasphemous unholy union of non-sensable inputs and triggers man has ever created. I have been playing games for what...13 years, and I've never have encountered a more unaproachable control scheme. The game dosen't know if it wants to action or horror and as a result you the gamer suffer. And lastly the final thing that pisses me off about this game is the fact that Capcom apeased the idiot media by including whites and hispanics into the game. That was a creative low for this poorly designed game. God I hate this letdown. Expand
  77. Chris
    Jul 27, 2009
    First of all, this is not the worst AI ever. That's totally ridiculous. The partner is great at healing you, so much so that I give her all the meds.....BECAUSE the inventory system BLOWS. Using it is a great way to die. Because an army ranger would stop to shoot to be accurate, doesn't make it fun to do in a video game. I simply could not get over that. Replaying an entire seenFirst of all, this is not the worst AI ever. That's totally ridiculous. The partner is great at healing you, so much so that I give her all the meds.....BECAUSE the inventory system BLOWS. Using it is a great way to die. Because an army ranger would stop to shoot to be accurate, doesn't make it fun to do in a video game. I simply could not get over that. Replaying an entire seen because you can't move when you shoot and a chainsaw MF kills you in one blow, yet it takes 10 machete slashes to kill a base enemy? This game is gorgeous graphically, gun sounds are weak (which I'm noticing more since playing Valve's games and the RSV/Ghost series).

Racist?? How many of you morons happily shot white corporate soldiers executing orders from a white haired angry white CEO or power hungry general in 45 different games? It's in Africa.... and until one of you calls any of the WWII games racist (either for killing all germans or all japanese) you're all lacking in credibility.
  78. HelpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    Why, resident evil 5 why? Why did you have a story line contrary to all the other resident evils, rendering it having a story line relevant as code veronica? Why don't you have any good horror aspects? Why did you kill the main villain in the story and not tie up all the questions? Why make everything too unrealistic contrary to the originals where things like that are more possible Why, resident evil 5 why? Why did you have a story line contrary to all the other resident evils, rendering it having a story line relevant as code veronica? Why don't you have any good horror aspects? Why did you kill the main villain in the story and not tie up all the questions? Why make everything too unrealistic contrary to the originals where things like that are more possible in real reality? Why can't Chris show any emotion? Why is everything overly cliche? Why are the weapons so unbalanced? Why did you make the controls as effective as code veronica? Why is Chris on steroids? Why is the only reason I gave you any points is because of the name resident evil? Why am I asking so many questions? Because I love(d) resident evil. Expand
  79. MmartianD
    Jul 10, 2009
    I'm sure if you played the other RE games u will prolly like this one. But coming from someone that really dose not like RE this game is very very bad. The AI sucks and your partner is not a help at all. If you are looking to get frustrated and not have any fun. Then pick this game up. If not then save your money for something better. I mean chess master would be better then this. I'm sure if you played the other RE games u will prolly like this one. But coming from someone that really dose not like RE this game is very very bad. The AI sucks and your partner is not a help at all. If you are looking to get frustrated and not have any fun. Then pick this game up. If not then save your money for something better. I mean chess master would be better then this. This game is really that bad. Capcom just stop. It got a 2 because over all the game looked nice. just didn't play it. I mean, who can not move while shooting a gun or swinging a sword. BAD GAME! Expand
  80. MauricioG
    Jun 24, 2009
    I always love RE series and I consider myself a big fan. After play some Terror games on this Console generation I really thought the RE creators would make a good job. I mean: After play games like Dead Space i was expecting RE is going to be at lest the same good. I was worng. Te game have a nice graphic but the playability is terrible. Rent at maximum.
  81. DesmondL
    Jun 21, 2009
    If you say Resident Evil 5: Versus, is a worst game. I think Left 4 Dead is better than this Versus game.
  82. DavidD
    Jun 21, 2009
    Just finished RE5. I played it solo on the medium setting and not co-op. There were so many good things about this game! I have played RE1, 2 and 3 and Code Veronica X. Did not play 4 because it was on gamecube. First off, I have no earthly clue why people keep whining about the computer AI with Sheva!!! I went in expecting a total hack job with her and got the opposite. She was so Just finished RE5. I played it solo on the medium setting and not co-op. There were so many good things about this game! I have played RE1, 2 and 3 and Code Veronica X. Did not play 4 because it was on gamecube. First off, I have no earthly clue why people keep whining about the computer AI with Sheva!!! I went in expecting a total hack job with her and got the opposite. She was so incredibly helpful!! The only weak point I saw was that a few times she would shoot while I was in the line of fire. But since you can't get hurt by your partner, it is no big deal. Other then that, Sheva was Awesome! She helped me out with so many things. Giving hints of what to do. Being very competent when it came to pathing. She was a very good shot also. Being very good at conserving ammunition and knowing not to use the heavy stuff all the time. Most of the time, she knew what to pick up and what to give to me. She also was much better then I when it came to giving out the health. I usually gave her all the health because I knew she would be there if I needed it. This was one of the best AI I have ever seen in a game! The graphics were some of the best I have seen also. The character models and the face movement and lip movement while speaking was 1st rate! The settings were also diverse. You were outside, inside and even a tomb raider like ruins setting which was pretty cool. The story is kept going very well from the past. You have plenty of files you can read while you play the game and unlock the info. For people who forgot the story line from the past, they have the history of not only RE but all the characters. This game had a lot of bosses and mini bosses. I am not a big fan of bosses but it made the game very challenging. Since I am used the the RE way of movement, I didn't have too much of a problem with it until the end boss. Also, the run and gun people are talking about is a valid point. It would be very nice to have that in the game. It has loads of replay value because you can go back and play co-op or do the timed challenge levels where you see how many you can kill in a certain amount of time. All in all, this was the best RE I have seen! Expand
  83. Thomas
    Jun 19, 2009
    I disliked this game, it was not terrible, but it did not at all live up to RE4. 4 was open world, had some puzzles and navigation involed. But this game, it felt so linear, like the game was pushing you along through the set course of the world. It didn't give you a choice, in 4 sevral times you hit a fork in the road but hear, i cant recall one time outsied of the water level i got I disliked this game, it was not terrible, but it did not at all live up to RE4. 4 was open world, had some puzzles and navigation involed. But this game, it felt so linear, like the game was pushing you along through the set course of the world. It didn't give you a choice, in 4 sevral times you hit a fork in the road but hear, i cant recall one time outsied of the water level i got a choice of where to go. The fact that this is more action based is not inhearietly bad, but it feels so without character compared to the open world of its predisesor. Expand
  84. GeorgeJ
    Jun 17, 2009
    The controls of the game seems to be bothering everyone but personally the controls just grew into me, it was'nt a big problem(although there was some funny moments while reloading)It's not like the game is unplayable it just has a unique control choice. This stop and shoot mechanic has been there since the first RE although I'm new to the series. The only thing to complain The controls of the game seems to be bothering everyone but personally the controls just grew into me, it was'nt a big problem(although there was some funny moments while reloading)It's not like the game is unplayable it just has a unique control choice. This stop and shoot mechanic has been there since the first RE although I'm new to the series. The only thing to complain about is the fact that its not all that scary and is about action,action,action. The graphics for me was stunning, and playing co-op with friends on story and mercenary modes extends the game well beyond its purpose.(also lots of unlockables) Overall this game at least deserves a rent from you so you can decide the fate of owning it. Expand
  85. Jon
    Jun 9, 2009
    Having played and loved Resident Evil 4, I had high hopes for the latest installment. For the most part, it is a successful installment in the series. The controls could be a lot better, and some parts are devilishly hard (even more so than RE4). Some parts are also a lot easier (such as the "el gigante" like fight). It could use a couple balancing issues, and sometimes Sheva's AIHaving played and loved Resident Evil 4, I had high hopes for the latest installment. For the most part, it is a successful installment in the series. The controls could be a lot better, and some parts are devilishly hard (even more so than RE4). Some parts are also a lot easier (such as the "el gigante" like fight). It could use a couple balancing issues, and sometimes Sheva's AI isn't quite so good. It does a good job though, and I generally enjoyed it. Expand
  86. AnonymousMC
    Jun 2, 2009
    I rented the game thinking that it would be a great game, but quickly got angry with myself for wasting time on this piece of crap. The controls are god-awful, crippling what could possibly be a decent game. Having to stand still while shooting, knifing, reloading (especially with forced reloads), only makes the game that much more annoying. Really sucks when a chainsaw is being swung atI rented the game thinking that it would be a great game, but quickly got angry with myself for wasting time on this piece of crap. The controls are god-awful, crippling what could possibly be a decent game. Having to stand still while shooting, knifing, reloading (especially with forced reloads), only makes the game that much more annoying. Really sucks when a chainsaw is being swung at your face and you can't even move because your idiot character decided now is the best time to reload a shotgun. This game has nothing of what made the original Resident Evil games great, like an interesting story/plot, a good horror environment, puzzles, weapons that don't blow... Shooting a baddy five times in the face results in a baddy that acts like he has a migraine? Ammo is scarce, your fists do more damage than your knife (what the hell?)... Seriously, the game plays like Dead Space meets Far Cry 2, except they took the redeeming qualities out of both when they mixed it together. I'm glad I didn't waste $60 on this. They must have given the critics a different game (or a bribe) for them to give this pile of crap those high ratings. What a joke. Expand
  87. TerrenceK
    May 20, 2009
    The deal with legacy games like this is that many people will review it with certain expectations that have nothing to do with how good the game is. Resident evil is a good game, it's just not much like the older games in the series. (kind of like 4) It's not dark or scary, and yes Chris actually looks like a military dude instead of some scrawny actor in a fake uniform. But the The deal with legacy games like this is that many people will review it with certain expectations that have nothing to do with how good the game is. Resident evil is a good game, it's just not much like the older games in the series. (kind of like 4) It's not dark or scary, and yes Chris actually looks like a military dude instead of some scrawny actor in a fake uniform. But the game is action packed, and unlocking the goodies and weapon upgrades is fun. The controls are easier to get used to than what you might think, due to the laser sights on all the weapons. It doesn't work like COD games, yet you will find yourself getting good at aiming over time and sniping zombies from odd angles with pistols. The weapons are all different enough to each be useful in different situations, which means you actually want to unlock all the games content. RE was always between the survival games that made you feel totally helpless (like the old Alone in the dark games making you fight zombies with candle sticks) and outright action games. The recent ones have tipped it in favor of action simply by upping the ammo count, lighting things up, and letting you look different directions instead of giving you awkward angles. The apocalyptic settings will still intimidate teens if not grown up fans of earlier RE games. Expand
  88. CarloT
    Apr 28, 2009
    I'm not a huge RE series fan, but I've played my share of RE games too (1, 2, 3 and code veronica for the dreamcast). And when i finished the game I was terribly disappointed. One of the things that dragged me into playing RE, was the puzzles, the closest thing to a puzzle in RE5 is when you have to collect all the 4 parts of a plate scattered around villages to open a door, and I'm not a huge RE series fan, but I've played my share of RE games too (1, 2, 3 and code veronica for the dreamcast). And when i finished the game I was terribly disappointed. One of the things that dragged me into playing RE, was the puzzles, the closest thing to a puzzle in RE5 is when you have to collect all the 4 parts of a plate scattered around villages to open a door, and that's pretty much it. Having it be 2 players I though the puzzles would get more interesting, but instead, they decided to take them out. Another thing that dragged me into the series was the scare factor, again, completely obliterated from RE5, I mean, they didn't even try to scare you at all. One of the most scary / interesting characters is the executioner guy, and YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO FIGHT HIM!, needless to mention, he only appears once in the game (he kind of reminded me of Nemesis from RE3). The controls suck too, it so stupid that you're shooting a boss, you blow all your bullets, and while you reload your weapon, YOU CAN'T MOVE AT ALL! It happened to me a lot of time that, while reloading, the boss characters would either kill me or give me a major hit. Major disappointment, the characters don't look like themselves, boss battles are dull button smashers, enemies are repetitive, and Chris gets annoying talking about Jill so much. At some point I felt like I was playing Army of 2, when zombies started using turrets and machine guns, at this point it just got ridiculous. Expand
  89. AnonymousMC
    Apr 27, 2009
    It's Well polished and has good graphics but like most have been saying it's not nearly as good as four.
    It lost the shock and fear factor completely plus the time you spend playing campaign of the game is practically non existent. Not to mention how easy the game becomes with two players, you completely lose the difficulty with two players which furthers to shorten the game. I would personally like to see a run and gun mechanic added as it might help to keep you out of jams. And as someone said before the upgrade system is pretty much unimaginative I would have liked to make decisions as to weather or not my gun needed speed or power, accuracy or ammo, and such.
    The game play gets rather predictable after only a few playthroughs after playing Left4Dead you'll realize most if not all games have this problem. The environment gets really boring after you get to the marshlands and a tad strange as well. The only way to find out certain pieces of the story is by reading documents you find throughout the game. It's unfortunate that you can't read them in the database outside of gameplay because trying to read it in game will most likely frustrate your partner and cause them to leave. I say partner because the game is practically impossible to play with a cpu.
    It's a good game but only fans of resident evil and third person shooters should even think about picking this one up. It's sad to see this game so unfinished.....I hope they can do better on the next one they produce.
    Mercenaries mode has to be the only reason why this game kicks ass, and the only reason I still play it, but you'll have to beat the game once to get it. Getting the characters in this mode is pretty damned entertaining too. I'd tell you how versus was but you have to buy that mode SEPARATELY, a mode that should be included in all online games no matter how bad, was not included initially with resident evil.
    I'm not sure if they wanted to sell it separatly or simply put it as a free download but either way microsoft charges you 400 points to buy it.
  90. CR
    Apr 27, 2009
    No game deserves 10...except Resident Evil 4. This game is an absolute commendable addition to the franchise no doubt. Graphically great, Gameplay top of the range, Story and writing...laughable. Dont go into this game taking it seriously on any level or you might get dissapointed. The only REAL complaint I have about the game is the friendly AI, on Professional you cant rely on the AI at No game deserves 10...except Resident Evil 4. This game is an absolute commendable addition to the franchise no doubt. Graphically great, Gameplay top of the range, Story and writing...laughable. Dont go into this game taking it seriously on any level or you might get dissapointed. The only REAL complaint I have about the game is the friendly AI, on Professional you cant rely on the AI at all, which makes the game almost impossible in my eyes. Overall though it deserves praise for what its achieved and following a successful formula and not mucking it up. Expand
  91. AnonymousMC
    Apr 22, 2009
    Have to agree with Johnny K on this one, poorly designed game that resembles a modded port of RE4. Controls are clunky, just like RE4 only worse, Chris apparently has been on large doses of HGH ever since RE1, which presumably makes it more appealing to the western audience, used to action heroes like the governator and stallone. The friendly AI is horrible with Sheva standing in the wayHave to agree with Johnny K on this one, poorly designed game that resembles a modded port of RE4. Controls are clunky, just like RE4 only worse, Chris apparently has been on large doses of HGH ever since RE1, which presumably makes it more appealing to the western audience, used to action heroes like the governator and stallone. The friendly AI is horrible with Sheva standing in the way of shots and rarely offering any useful help.
    Apparently the recent invasion of casuals into the gaming market is giving developers less and less reason to be innovative, when games will be purchased in large numbers regardless of quality as long as they have that shiny franchise name. However we can't really blame them, it's our fault for buying into the hype and eating up all of the repetitive content that video games have presented us over the past 5 years.
  92. RE5-is-kick-ass
    Apr 22, 2009
    I don't get why people are bashing it. Okay, in the core RE4 is better, but there is just one thing... THIS HAS CO-OP!!!!! Co-Op makes this game so so so so fun.. Me and a friend have completed it 4 times now and I still want to play it again...
  93. ShaneC
    Apr 18, 2009
    Firstly, i have t say the graphics and the sound are simply unbelievable, and thats coming from a guy that played the game on a standard LCD TV, i can't imagine what it would be like on a HDTV. There have been many comments about the game being good, but racist, seriously, you go to America and shoot them in the games, its no different! Also many people have questioned Capcom about Firstly, i have t say the graphics and the sound are simply unbelievable, and thats coming from a guy that played the game on a standard LCD TV, i can't imagine what it would be like on a HDTV. There have been many comments about the game being good, but racist, seriously, you go to America and shoot them in the games, its no different! Also many people have questioned Capcom about taking the survival horror away from Resident Evil 5 by adding a CO-OP coption, which i personally believe makes the game what it is, because Sheva Alomar has to be the worst AI partner in history, so thats why i gave it 9/10 instead of 10/10. Now we come to the control layout, its simple, and very affective, but many people have hated it, but once you get used to it, the majority of people can then sit back, and enjoy a very exiting game. Expand
  94. RowanF
    Apr 17, 2009
    This game is a real innovation for resident evil, capcom has finaly seen fit to pull the series out of the arcade-ish shooter genre where it feels like the game is deliberately working against you the entire way, and plonk it down into a more user freindly genre. Whilst it keeps all of the good features of the series: zombie killing, weapon upgrading ect, the game now has less ludicrous This game is a real innovation for resident evil, capcom has finaly seen fit to pull the series out of the arcade-ish shooter genre where it feels like the game is deliberately working against you the entire way, and plonk it down into a more user freindly genre. Whilst it keeps all of the good features of the series: zombie killing, weapon upgrading ect, the game now has less ludicrous difficulties, multiplayer, and is generaly more modernised, which makes it one of the best games you can get nowadays, especialy with its long playtime and awsome graphics. While the modernisation is a really good thing in the first half of the game, it becomes painfully clear in the second half that they've gone too far the other way. Not only did they add zombies with machine guns, they added a cover mechanic. A freakin' cover mechanic! This is Resident evil not Gears of War! With this addition, the latter half of the game becomes simply another bog-standard shooter, and a crap one at that. Plus, all of these features COMPLETELY eliminate the scare factor from it. Thats is the only real problem this game has: It's tried so hard to be a mainstream shooter that it's lost part of it's soul. And oh yes, I could rant and rave all day about the AI, but i'm just going to say that it's crap, if you don't have a freind who's willing to complete the ENTIRE game with you then dont get it. Expand
  95. ChrisE
    Apr 16, 2009
    What should have been a truly awesome experience has turned into a serve disappointment. Resident Evil 5 tries so hard to to live up to and be like Resident evil 4, arguably a much better game. But so much went wrong with this game. I first noticed that this game was going down hill when i tried the demo, but thought to myself that they will fix it before release. Sadly, they did nothing What should have been a truly awesome experience has turned into a serve disappointment. Resident Evil 5 tries so hard to to live up to and be like Resident evil 4, arguably a much better game. But so much went wrong with this game. I first noticed that this game was going down hill when i tried the demo, but thought to myself that they will fix it before release. Sadly, they did nothing to remedy the problems that existed in the demo. For starters, controls are just pure train wreck, in that they are by far the worst controls of any resident evil game. The inventory system is absolutely retarded, with the developers opting for an Eternal Darkness/Phantasy Star Online type of inventory system, where you cannot pause to access the inventory or make effective use of it. This system would be effective if you only carried a few things at a time, but the dev's thought having to carry as much crap as Leon did in RE4 was a good idea. Another problem with the game is that this game features A.I. that is somehow worse than Dead Rising's, with Sheva being the stupidest of all the A.I. Environments are bland, the story is horrendous, and character development is non-existent. Very little story is given in regards to Sheva, and Chris is just painful to watch. Enemies happen to be retreads of other enemies from other RE games, and the combat system is infuriating. Upgrading weapons is near pointless as you never have enough money to do so, and distinctions between weapons are never made, unlike in RE4, where each gun had its own unique use. Bosses are, again, retreads or combination of old bosses from other RE games (the one boss is a mix of the bat, scorpion and centipede from RE0), and the main villian's motivations in this game are questionable at best, and his fate is asinine. Loose ends in the RE series are ignored in this game (i.e what happened to Ada after re4, and what of Sherry? What of the other STARS members?). These questions are never answered (with the exception of Mrs. "V"), and are instead substituted with bland game play. Overall this is a disappointing and frustrating addition to the RE franchise, and is no where near as good as RE1 (GC), much less RE4. If you are looking for a good RE experience, look elsewhere. This game is so bad, I quit the game at chapter 3, the oil refinery, because all the game flaws came to a head, and pissed me off to the point of giving up on this game. Only one ofther game has done this, and that game is Medal of Honor: airborne for the Wii. Collapse
  96. GreggK
    Apr 14, 2009
    Havent played it yet but when I do Im sure I will enjoy it!! DeJuan B....Let me ask you a question or two......would it be racist if you shot white people for 10 hrs?? Is the game not more realistic (regarding race)considering the geographical positioning of the game's story line!!?! I find it strange that when black people are involved it becomes a racist issue however if you were Havent played it yet but when I do Im sure I will enjoy it!! DeJuan B....Let me ask you a question or two......would it be racist if you shot white people for 10 hrs?? Is the game not more realistic (regarding race)considering the geographical positioning of the game's story line!!?! I find it strange that when black people are involved it becomes a racist issue however if you were to just shoot whites only, throughout the entire game that would be fine! It would be just a game!! Now pls, for all those that love to pull the race card at any given time, just think before doing so....its just a game!!!!! Im sure the guys at capcom didnt sit there thinking on how they coud make the game as racist as possible, they just made the game as realistic as possible...... dnt u think that with the game being based in Africa,....it would have been unrealistic to shoot whites for 10 hrs; In fact..I think that might have been racist!! Expand
  97. PuckW
    Apr 13, 2009
    Dead Space did this formula about 5x better. Pick that one up instead. RE5 has great graphics but the gameplay is pretty poor. The AI co-op gets frustrating. The inability to run-and-gun is ridiculous. I know the other games in the series did it this way but the enemies are so mobile now you end up swarmed in a clusterf**k. The field of vision is incredibly narrow; it's often Dead Space did this formula about 5x better. Pick that one up instead. RE5 has great graphics but the gameplay is pretty poor. The AI co-op gets frustrating. The inability to run-and-gun is ridiculous. I know the other games in the series did it this way but the enemies are so mobile now you end up swarmed in a clusterf**k. The field of vision is incredibly narrow; it's often disorienting and not at all realistic. The fear factor is low. The weapons are boring and uninspired. The upgrade system is bland. Boss battles fail to involve much strategy. The quick-time scenes and finishes are bothersome for various reasons (poor controls for one). This game just never feels fluid in my hands and has failed in the fun factor department. Expand
  98. R.Regal
    Apr 6, 2009
    Graphics are amazing there is no question about that, but after you get past the gloss of the visual appearance, RE5 falls well short of anything that is ground breaking. First off, the aiming and combat system feel like I was stuck in 1995 playing the original. Now back then, this was awesome, but today it makes the game move soooooooooooo slllllooooooooooooooowwwwwww. It is way tooGraphics are amazing there is no question about that, but after you get past the gloss of the visual appearance, RE5 falls well short of anything that is ground breaking. First off, the aiming and combat system feel like I was stuck in 1995 playing the original. Now back then, this was awesome, but today it makes the game move soooooooooooo slllllooooooooooooooowwwwwww. It is way too clunky and it surprises me that capcom didn't realize this with some focus group tests. Definitely worth a rental, but don't waste $60 on this title. Expand
  99. JohnnyK
    Apr 4, 2009
    This is more like Resident Evil 4.5. The problems start from the controller and only get worse from there. Like the PS2 version of RE4 this gameplay style was not made for this controller. On Gamecube or Wii it would have been much better but, then Capcom wouldn't have been able to show off those pretty graphics everyone seems to like so much. Single player is terrible, if it This is more like Resident Evil 4.5. The problems start from the controller and only get worse from there. Like the PS2 version of RE4 this gameplay style was not made for this controller. On Gamecube or Wii it would have been much better but, then Capcom wouldn't have been able to show off those pretty graphics everyone seems to like so much. Single player is terrible, if it weren't for the online multiplayer I would've given this a 1 or 2. In terms of originality there is none. The characters and enemies are rehashed and most of the play-mechanics of those battles are directly ported from RE4. Chris and other characters from previous games look entirely different (my guess is to be more "western friendly") and the racism thing which I thought had been blown out of proportion turned out to be shockingly true (4 black guys drag a white woman into a hotel room and there are native-bush men zombies that communicate through whistles and clicks). A lot of people thought RE4 changed too much but there were at least some scares, in RE5 there are literally none. Almost the entire game is brightly lit or takes place during the day and enemies are more frustrating than challenging. I would say this is hands down the worst of the cannon RE games (yes I'm including Nemesis and Zero). Expand
  100. mike
    Apr 4, 2009
    Game is MORE realistic than GoW and half of all shooters out there. Should you be able to shoot an enemy in the head 50yards away while walking? NO! and any former soldier will tell you not to waste ammo by shooting while running. RE4 wasn't as good as this game, for only in your mind.do you get scared while playing videogames?So many nonsensical arguments about this game.so many Game is MORE realistic than GoW and half of all shooters out there. Should you be able to shoot an enemy in the head 50yards away while walking? NO! and any former soldier will tell you not to waste ammo by shooting while running. RE4 wasn't as good as this game, for only in your mind.do you get scared while playing videogames?So many nonsensical arguments about this game.so many negative reviewers with no real complaint. how about the game takes less than 6 hours to beat? that's a real complaint, but negative reviewers didn't make it that far....much more improved online than outbreak was, a must play. Expand

1. While the developers' decision to copy elements from Resident Evil 4 make it feel less original (despite better visuals and a new location), you'll have a blast (especially with a buddy) but after waiting four years for a sequel, we expected better.
    It's hardly the dramatic revamp that RE4 was for the series, but it marks the first time that co-op play has been implemented. As a result, the overhaul makes it a good single-player game, but a great multiplayer one. Thanks to its persistent approach to weapon upgrades, it's well-suited to replay. It's a visually splendid game with gorgeous cinematics that evoke the same awe as previous games did in their time.
  3. You'll get a lot more out of it than you do from typical games with no competitive multiplayer and while played cooperatively it really sings. It's lost a lot of what has made the franchise a pins-and-needles experience, but that sense of dread has been replaced with pure action that's hard to match.