5.0

1. Oct 2, 2012
    Its a evolution of the original resident evil series, but is a good game, just give it a try. Don't let this trolls scare to you, play the demo or go with a friend and try it.
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    i really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... buti really feel like RE6 is a mess, but at the same time i'm really enjoying it. it's not perfect in the slightest, but the trolling it's received is totally unjust, and sounds more like angry fanboy flaming than real reviewing. it is a fun game, it definitely isn't bad. it was just overly ambitious and wound up being a mishmash of so many things... and nothing like what it used to be... but i still absolutely love it. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. AndThis is the first time I have seen a metacritic score so incredibly, mind bogglingly low, that the only explanation is that there is a cult of people on facebook dedicated to getting their way into the Guinness book of world records. Seriously though, I played a bit of this game, it looks awesome, and while the quicktime pissed me off the zombie shooting is, well, zombie shooting. And the whole epic, macho zombie apocalypse atmosphere that the movies have done so well seems to have found its way into the game, and I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, the main reason I didn't like it is I had no idea what was going on, because I have played none, yes none, of the other games. And for the record, I really hope that they work more of the Wizard of Oz into the RE franchise.
    And you only need to look as far as the usernames of some of the downvoters to see they are kinda sorta only messing with you. ResidentEvil992, Trololool, qwertyz.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    honestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the gamehonestly people that say this game sucks are snobby resident evil fanboys, they say this game is nothing like the originals, but that's like saying Xbox 360 is nothing like the first Playstation. Of course it's different, it's 2012. The games weren't even that good to begin with when you think about it, and i'm glad to see them pumping new stuff into a game. Makes NO sense to keep the game the way it was, it would just feel like an expansion pack. People keep complaining that it's like Gears of War. Nothing under the sun is original, Gears is one of the most successfull videogame franchises, it makes sense to borrow a few pages from their book. If these fans were so diehard they'd accept that their sub-par cult game finally made the awesome leap it was bound to make. Because that's what Resident Evil is, a cult game. Now it finally can be recognized as top contender in the videogame industry. Expand
  5. Oct 17, 2012
    Is this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better lookingIs this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better looking than this. Textures, lighting, floor and wall detail are inexcusable for a 2012 title. The lack of ammo coupled with non-stop quick-time events break up the flow of the action (or what little of it there is), making it impossible to be immersed. You still can't change settings while the game is paused even if you play offline, which again is another silly design decision. You ca't even hipfire. Even if there was enough ammo in this game (which there isn't even with 100% accuracy) it would still feel dull. What we have here is possibly the best example of how NOT to make a video game. I can't think how it could have possibly been worse. Things we take for granted even in the worst of games are missing here. You can't even pause the game to change controls! And the controls and camera are THE WORST I've ever come across in any shooter on any platform so far. I can't imagine how it could be worse. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people areI really enjoyed RE5 as an action game personally. I did not have high hopes for this game in regards to it being a survival horror game. I went in with no real expectations genre wise. The controls are a lot tighter, graphics are smooth and the frame rate is consistent. The fact that people are giving this game anything from a 0-5 rating is just unfair and shows that these people are getting defensive due to the game not meeting their their idea of what this game should be. They are not rating this game on what it is; it's a good game. Would GOW3 of gotten a 0? How about Uncharted 3? No they wouldn't of. If you were to give this game a score based on any number of measurable parameters and not the ones you make up then you would have to give this game a decent score. However you are entitled to your completely biased hatred barely an excuse for an opinion review. Seriously people need to grow up. Of course I'm sure a bunch of these reviews are from 12 and 13 year children so what can you really expect? The game is solid as a 3rd person action shooter not as a survival shooter as it once was. Please give this game a chance and you'll see that is worth while fi you are a fan 0of this genre. Don't hate on it because your preconceived notions of what this franchise should be is obscuring your ability to reason and make sound judgments. Some people worked hard on this game and it shows(in some parts more then others; it's not perfect but it's not a 0. The entirety of the vision that was intended to be assembled here didn't come to fruition but, there are glimpses of the picture that was to intended to be perceived. A little bit more direction would of gone along way. yet this is still a solid action title. 30+ of good game play. You get 5 maybe 6 from some major franchises these day if your lucky. I probably would actually give this title more along the lines of an 8.5 or an 8 but, there is no 8.5 button and I figured that I would try and balance out some of these 0's. Good game give it try. Expand
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason.The game has really lost it's charm and what it once was, and it's okay for sequels to strive of their original style, the Resident Evil 5 direction was a bold one. Yet, it worked, maybe not flawlessly but it was acceptable. This is just a shooter with "zombies", I won't lie, it is quite disappointing. The gameplay is clunky and the graphics look like a step back for some odd reason. Pre-ordered it, got it, now I want to sell it Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5I apologize to Metacritic for having to put up with user troll reviews, these people are out to get Capcom, it doesn't matter if they played it or not and dates back to the Megaman deal a long while back. They truly don't know a thing. My overall of the game suggest this new entry is very solid, but with minor issues that could be patched later on. I would have to see it's on par with RE5 in the Action-horror genre, but while trying to mix things with the characters that feels like different experience, especially with Leon, keep doing good Capcom, this is your story and your game, and these trolls don't dictate what you should do! Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    I suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over timeI suspect the reviews might actually balance out after the initial disappointment and such wears off. Resident Evil 6 is not a perfect game. Yes, you're funneled down a linear path quite often (which is exactly like Resi 5 and people weren't getting as annoyed over that, but I digress). There's an overabundance of QTE events, to say the least, which is also a bit boring over time (though admittedly they do sometimes work to create tension when failing once or twice doesn't make you lose the whole thing, so you start to freak out, etc). The camera is off sometimes, albeit not too often, and the scripted events can often spring out of nowhere and kill you before you really have a chance to react. This, however, isn't a fair assessment of the game. No, it doesn't rise to the giddy heights of Resident Evil 4, but I'd say it's a step up on Resident Evil 5. As bad as the dialogue is (and that's a subjective issue; I actually find the bad dialogue pretty funny, though I understand why others might disagree) the story and narrative weaving together is actually extremely interesting. Without spoilers, there's more than a few moments where you see a scene you've already played, and suddenly realise how it fits in with the overall plot. Those are good. After the clusterf*ck that was the Resident Evil 2 timeline with its two scenarios, it's nice to see Capcom capable of making a plot that fits together.

I'm also a big fan of melee counters. They're reminiscent of the dodge mechanic in Resident Evil 3; press the dodge button (RT) at the correct time, and you knock away or reverse an enemy swing. The reaction time is fast enough to be rewarding when you make it, without necessarily making every single attack easy to avoid. The melee system on the whole is pretty good; asides from the fact you can perform kicks and punches without shooting first, the same head/arm/leg set-ups still apply from Resi 5 and work well. The new dodge system...I never found too many practical uses for it, in all honesty. It was helpful sometimes, but it's more a flashy addition. But the gunplay works well; the addition of quickfire was nice, as was the stamina bar to prevent melee attacks from becoming *too* overpowered. All in all, combat is still enjoyable, particularly when the game throws larger and larger hordes of enemies at you to test your abilities. Jake's melee abilities in particular are pretty fun once you get a knack for them.

The biggest thing you have to accept with Resident Evil 6 is the fact it's really moved on from being survival horror. Honestly, I always figured that was a given after 5, and expected 6 accordingly. No, it's not the greatest third person action game ever made, but it's pretty fun if you can take the rough with the smooth. Yes, it can be a bit repetitive. But then you have moments where everything's going to hell, and the quality experience Capcom are capable of producing shines through. As it was with Resident Evil 5, from a purely fun perspective, the game is brilliant with co-op.

Resident Evil 6 is inconsistent, for sure. But it tries. It tries really, really hard. For every moment you're facepalming at bad dialogue or another QTE, there's another two where you're forced to flee from an overwhelming enemy, fighting off foes from all sides, and those are the moments that'll stick with you. And at 33 hours long, it's a good length. Resi 5 took 8 hours at best, and that wasn't consistent either. So be patient. By all means, rent Resident Evil 6 or borrow it from your buttclenched friend, and give it a try. It's not a game for everyone. People who were looking for perfection will sadly be disappointed. But for those who want to see more of the Resident Evil storyline and characters, who want to kick back with a mate and enjoy some action, and can deal with a bit of linearity, you could really do a whole lot worse.

This is not a survival horror. It's a good, solid action game, and for those of you who expected that, you won't be disappointed.
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    This entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one isThis entry in the series is much better than 5. Some much thrills, kills, scares, plus multiple player campaigns make RE5 look like a walk in the park, I personally loved it and the fact that REAL zombies are back makes me supper happy, True it is not with out its flaws but you can really tell capcom pour alot of hard work and money into it. So if you love a good horror game this one is for you. Besides you gotta play something scary until Dead Space 3 comes out! Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Awesome game really. In terms of storytelling its really Good, voice acting is good too. Not sure why there are so many negative reviews? People need to realise we cant go back to Resident evil 1-3, its just not possible. Get with the times people! 4 games in one!
  14. Mar 14, 2013
    I don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By farI don't understand the negative reviews I have heard. This game is just amazing. The game controls are easy to pick up and the different campaigns add length to the game. Not only that but each of the campaigns has a different perspective of the story. So you may not understand what someone is talking about in one campaign, then it will make sense once you play a different one. By far though my favorite thing in the game is the counter system. If you time pressing the melee button correctly, you will counter attack an enemy. Just about every enemy in the game has attacks that you can counter. So master this and you will be nearly untouchable. This is especially fun in mercenaries. Being surrounded and enemies can't even hit you, once you're good at it. You can also play the campaign and the Mercenaries with a friend in couch co-op. My only complaint about the game is the cut scenes. during the game, it will stop and the camera will zoom in on a door or something to show you where you need to go or something of interest. During those moments you cannot move your character, but they can still be hit by enemy attacks at the beginning and end of the short video. This has caused so much unnecessary damage, so it does get annoying. But the gameplay and everything makes up for it so I can look past it. If you don't like action games then I can see why this game gets bad reviews. I have played all the previous Resident Evil titles and they are more horror based. Except for 4 and 5. 4 is a bit of a mix. I think change is always welcome. Don't want a series to get so repetitive that it gets boring. To me this is a very welcome change. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    ive almost finished the leon campaign. and so far i really dont get why people are rating this game so low. im having a great time with the game so far. maybe it isnt too scary but it is still a good game.
  16. Oct 3, 2012
    so far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing thisso far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing this there is a review on my screen calling japan a "hotbed of nazism." what's going on with people lately? it's really bizarre to me. Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    Dark Souls is the best game i ever played, i cant believe people are **** all over it. Leon is such a good character. So is chis. The old Dark Souls was better though, the one with clair, capcom needs to put her in another game.
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    Its amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dontIts amazing how many 0's I see given to this installment of Resident Evil. ZERO should be reserved for the most base, inane, broken titles out there. Metacritic allows for people to submit their opinions, no matter how skewed, as some false basis for 'fact' - and its just plain old stupid. The title in no way deserves such abomnable scores - but in todays world of entitlement and 'I dont like it so you arent allowed to like it' mindsets - this is what you get. If you like the Resident Evil franchise, you've probably already played it - if not, give it a go and then dig into the earlier catalog for some classic RE gameplay. Expand
  19. Oct 3, 2012
    As a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't likingAs a fan of the original Resident Evil's (1-3) I must say that I was actually impressed by this game. Firstly, I adore Sherry Birkin and am so happy to see her after the events of Resident Evil 2. The game as a whole, I enjoyed. The controls are smooth and responsive, the visuals are the most breath-taking I've ever seen and the plot is intriguing. I'm not sure what people aren't liking about it; sure, Resident Evil is supposed to be a 'survival-horror' game, but we must all accept that once the beta of Resident Evil 4 was scrapped, those days were over. Any true fan of the series would be happy with what they were given (granted what they were given wasn't unquestionable garbage) I enjoyed almost all the quick time events and the only thing that really 'annoyed' me about the game was that Ada seems incapable of death... I am not a fan of Call of Duty or Battlefield, nor do I play either (regularly) but I can guarantee that this game will be getting plenty of hours logged on my Xbox. Expand
  20. Mar 16, 2013
    Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far.Yup..it's Ninja Gaiden 3 all over again..A renowned Japanese series decided to include 'Western style' influences with mixed results. Just to be clear, I am a big fan of Resident Evil, and after the excellent, RE Revelations on the 3DS, I was thinking that Capcom has finally fixed some of the series shortcomings. Instead, that game only sold around 500-600 thousand copy worldwide so far. Hence, this ambitious, but scatter shot installment of this series, which felt an amalgamation of Uncharted and Gears of War, mixed in with a bit of Call of Duty. The game is long with 4 campaigns, and contains some excellent production values. But by simply throwing everything to the wall,and expecting something to stick, Capcom made the game unfocused. This is one of Capcom's biggest production ever, which is also its shortcomings. Campaigns felt like they were designed by different teams (NOTE: they were). Nevertheless, it is still an exciting game, with some memorable scenes. In my opinion, it is an improvement over RE 5, but a step down from REVELATIONS. If you want classic RE, get REVELATIONS for the 3DS Expand
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    One of the worst game I ever played, I could play even 15 minutes... ruined good series
    I will never ever ever buy game published by Capcom. Worst money I spend.
  23. Oct 8, 2012
    This should have been a new ip and it will be decent its clearly doesn't deserve resi 6 name hope dev will learn from their mistake

And why low score cause its not resi
  24. Dec 30, 2012
    After reading all the bad comments everywhere, my expectations were low. After playing the game, I don't understand the zero ratings (seriously?).
    No, this is not Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3. It's not about conserving ammo and running around on old mansions. It's action oriented like Resident Evil 5. Does that make it a bad game or a zero rating game? No it does not. It's an excellent game, that does have some flaws, obviously. The button tapping scenes for instance, can be a bit irritating. But it's a great game nonetheless.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would be a fool if i didn't agree with Mizar, this game is a awesome. First you'll notice the amazing graphics, it's so clear and crisp, and the colors, oh my the colors, there must be at least a million different shades of gray. The story is amazingly well written, full of twists and turns, at times it feels like you're watching a Hollywood movie and not just playing a video game. Only at the end did i figure out the villains motivations weren't some generic desires of world domination, no, she was just mad at her boyfriend who cloned her using some other woman's DNA because he couldn't love her for what she was. This is very deep stuff guys, and i think many of us can relate to this story. The gameplay is the best yet, gone are the tank controls and stiffness of previous RE titles, instead we get a lot of new gameplay options, the greatest of which is the melee combat. Capcom, the minds behind the Street Fighter series, decided to do another crossover after SFxTekken, finally allowing you to punch and kick enemies to death with the new, so called ZWA system (Zombie Wrestle Mania). All in all, it's a great game, a day one purchase for sure, in fact, like one user already made a suggestion, if you can spare the cash buy two copies, it will show Capcom your appreciation of their hard work invested in this game and motivate them to start making RE7 as soon as possible. I have only two wishes for RE7, melee moves should combo better and charge up the hyper combo bar, unleashing a devastating special move specific to each character once charged. Also, kill streaks with guns should grant rewards starting at 10 kills, like infinite ammo, increased damage, missile attacks, hell, maybe even a remote controlled nuke. These two additions could have made RE6 a perfect game, but don't be discouraged Capcom, there's always next time, this time you will have to settle with just a 9 out of 10 from me. Expand
  26. Oct 6, 2012
    Olviden que este título nos trae el terror, horror, puzzles y muchas otras cosas que prometió Capcom para esta entrega. Resident Evil 6 sigue el camino que Mikami arrojó en RE4, pero con una ejecución que deja mucho que desear.

Ahora solo corremos por un pasillo con puntos de auto-guardado, 0 exploración, con puzzles simplones, que solo están puestos en el juego para poder llevar el nombre de Resident Evil y recordarnos que alguna vez esta serie nos dejó pegados durante días frente al televisor, tratando de pasar por un lugar.

Un juego que, si no hubiese sido por la opción de jugar en cooperativo, seguramente hubiese mandado de inmediato al carajo, en serio
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    I am not going to go into an extended review, I'll just say avoid this game like the plague it fails as a resident evil game and it fails as a stand alone game. If you have to absolutely have to play it wait till the price drops to avoid been burnt.
  28. Oct 7, 2012
    More joystick waggle than a loose wrist with a Wiimote. I was surprised that the final boss wasn't the in-game camera, but maybe they're saving that for the next lackluster sequel.
  29. Oct 4, 2012
    Most complaints i see about this game deal with the fact that the genre shifts from horror to action, which I can agree with. That in itself shouldn't reflect on the score of the game, however I myself enjoy a good action game and I wasn't incredibly impressed. The new melee components are fairly sloppy and the save system is irritating. Every partner I've played with quit on me becauseMost complaints i see about this game deal with the fact that the genre shifts from horror to action, which I can agree with. That in itself shouldn't reflect on the score of the game, however I myself enjoy a good action game and I wasn't incredibly impressed. The new melee components are fairly sloppy and the save system is irritating. Every partner I've played with quit on me because they got bored, so I was forced to start over from the beginning of the chapter. This leads me to conclude that the co-op isn't as enjoyable as Resident Evil 5's. That said, they did a respectable job with the amount of content in the campaign as well as differentiating the types of enemies in game (although some of them seemed like something from left 4 dead). I may have given this game a better than average score, but I am legitimately disappointed. Expand
  30. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like thisObviously if you were a big fan of this series from the beginning, you might say this game sucks because it's not a survival horror anymore. That is NOT a legitimate reason to dislike something, contrary to what many base their negative reviews on. If you like action games, then this game is great fun. I played the older games as well, but somehow I still find it in my heart to like this game. Many have bias towards the original games, so judgement towards this game is clouded, and as a result the reception ultimately suffers much more than it should. Which is a shame. For what this game is, it's pretty good. It's really fun to shoot and kill zombies/j'avo, the sliding and diving is fun, the melee is really enjoyable, the cutscenes are great, the graphics are beautiful, the sound is good, the story is interesting, I find the quick time events to be intense and fun (contrary to how everyone else feels), the mercenaries is great fun with a friend, and the four campaigns makes for a lengthy game. Of course, there are some bad things. Such as the camera can be annoying when it forces the angle towards something on the screen (you'd know if you play it); the skill/perk system seems cool and fun at first, but after a while is kind of lame and boring; the menu interface is a little lackluster and somewhat unorganized; and finally, the game has a sort of lower replay value compared to RE5. I mean, I still got 36 hours out of this game, but there's nothing I'd really go back for besides playing with a friend. Overall though, this game is just fun. And it always comes down to that in my eyes.

I do not truly give this game a 10 though. I think it deserves a solid 8.75. I just felt like I had to do my part to outweigh this unjust user score, even though I probably did nothing to change it.
  31. Nov 22, 2012
    You have to credit Capcom for implementing four stories with a tangible amount of variety in each characters campaign. I myself dove straight into Leon's campaign for the return of Zombies. Chris and Jakes campaign are slightly linear compared to Leon's but Ada's campaign adds more value to the mix. I'm sure when Capcom fix the camera view it will be worth playing it again just for theYou have to credit Capcom for implementing four stories with a tangible amount of variety in each characters campaign. I myself dove straight into Leon's campaign for the return of Zombies. Chris and Jakes campaign are slightly linear compared to Leon's but Ada's campaign adds more value to the mix. I'm sure when Capcom fix the camera view it will be worth playing it again just for the wider zoom option and harder mode.. maybe a worthy 9 out of 10 Expand
  32. Nov 24, 2012
    I have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action actionI have played most of this game already and I can tell you it gets a 10 in my opinion. I don't understand all the whining. Yes, there are some challenging parts and I'm guessing that's what made the haters not like this game. It is simply a masterpiece. The attention to detail is amazing and I have never played a game where I did so much jumping falling climbing running action action action nonstop. The game actually makes me lose time and place and the phrase for that my friends is Total Immersion. If you don't like the quicktime events just play it on Amateur setting. Remember the word "easy" in Japanese translates to english as "Hard". But seriously, I love this game and will play it many times over and again. At the end of Chris' campaign I felt an odd emotion of regret over his partner's situation. Haven't felt like that in a while and haven't given a game a 10 since the first Turok game in the mid-90's. Buy it and enjoy. Expand
  33. Dec 10, 2012
    The 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having aThe 0's on this game are completely ridiculous. I don't believe this is a perfect game this is just to counter all the exaggeration from fans of the series. I would put this game at about a 6 not terrible or amazing but decent. This is not the same survival horror it used to be it is a linear TPS with coop. I've played about 6 hours into it so far in coop with a friend and we are having a blast. So I admit i can't give an opinion on the single player and honestly I don't think i would want to do it. There is still some aspect of ammo conservation if you're playing on professional since the zombies don't always go down that easily. It also does create that feel of desperation if you're being swarmed by zombies and the feeling of teamwork when you have to help your partner when he/she gets caught. QTE I feel is more a matter of preference and i like it but many don't. QTE isn't all that prevalent in the game though since it's usually focused around bosses. In terms of controls and gameplay i don't see what everyone is making a big deal about. I manage to play the game just fine. My biggest gripe with the gameplay is the cutscenes are placed in very annoying spots. If their are zombies nearby and you enter a cutscene next thing you know they're right next to you. Graphics are average and a little good at best. I just wish people would rate the game on its merit and not simply as a comparison to what it was before. It's not a perfect game and it's definitely not what it was but it is not what many fans of the series make it out to be. Play a demo at least give it a chance to see if you enjoy it although i would advise you to bring a friend. Expand
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    The first time I played this game, it felt amazing, but after eating Leon's story (the first story I played with), the game got a bit boring. Like I said before, it just gets a bit boring, but this game immerses you in a great story. The gameplay is different, but the controls are better now; you can move in any way you want, dodge the enemies, and more.
  35. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  36. Mar 12, 2013
    It blows my mind how this game gets so much hate. It's a fun and lengthy 3rd person adventure game with a load of variety throughout. Sure, the horror aspects aren't what the used to be, but if you liked the older games better then go play them instead...
  37. Mar 20, 2013
    This game deserves a 7 or an 8, but it's getting a 10 because the user score for this game is ridiculous.

This game is a lot of fun if you take it on it's own terms. If you judge it based on expectations derived from past games, you will be disappointed. Having said that, I'm not sure it's the least bit reasonable to judge a product that is clearly intended as an action game, based on the type of game you wanted it to be. There is nothing more absurd, yet hundreds of reviews on here do just that. They do nothing, but complain about what it isn't and never actually judge what it is.

It is a solidly constructed action game with four completely unique play styles and a complex, well written story that manages to fit together well despite the extreme variety in locations and characters. The graphics are great, with only occasional frame rate issues, (primarily in the early chapters of the Leon campaign), the acting is great, and the game play is more often then not alot of fun.

The problem with this game is it's ambition. It tries too hard to be too many places at once. Not content with being an action game, it strives to be 4 action games a cover based shooter, a third person stealth game, a survival horror, and a run and gun, all in one. The results are mixed, but it's never as bad as most of the clowns in here want you to believe. The worst issue, the camera, was addressed months ago in a patch that lets you move it out. Before it was bad enough to detrimentally effect the game, but now it isn't an issue. The QTE's are obnoxious and the constant cut scenes can be distracting, but they are far from the game breaking issues people around here seem to think they are.

This game is fun. It isn't a survival horror game, but it is a good game. There are so many idiots on this site it is unbelievable. They play a game for 2 hours, decide they don't like it, and despite only playing approximately 5% of the game come on here and give it a score between a 0 and 5. These people are trash, total trash. Don't listen to the garbage they spew. When you have played the entire game, then you can rate the entire game.

Resident Evil 6 could have been better. In fact, if it wasn't so ambitious and the developers had instead focused on refining 1 or 2 gameplay types instead of 4, it may have been a better product. But as it is, it is a huge game (40 hours to complete all campaigns on Professional), with a lot to like.
  38. Oct 9, 2012
    A decent but also flawed game. For what you get, well worth the money and way better than ORC for sure. I plan on playing this one for quite a while.
  39. Jan 1, 2013
    Ok ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. SoOk ok so... i am writing this review in hopes of getting anyone that doesn't wanna play this game based on metacritics score. Forget the the number its total B.S this game deserves to be played all the reviews that i read had silly reasons to bash the game with. I recommend ppl to read NZgamers review on the game they had it spot on. So now i am goin to to say my opinion on the game. So when the this game came out i personally never played a resident evil game before till this year when i downloaded resident evil 4 of marketplace at first i thought wow this game sucks lol mostly because the controls were so strange but after a alittle bit of learning them i got into the game. Which now is on my list of one the best games i have played.so naturally after finishing the 4th one i rushed to the nearest gamestop to get the 5th one again i was impressed with game and to notice on how the gameplay seemed to evolve above the 4th game i loved the changes they made to the game style it fit perfectly to the situations u were put in. Again the 5th game just blew me away. Thats why when i finally came around to the sixth one i was shocked to see sooo much hate towards it i was like what the hell whats goin on lol. So i was curious about what capcom did to make ppl dislike the 6th one. So i got the game sat down and right from the start i got a big smile on my face finally they let me have full control of my character its like u can move like the cut scenes from the 4th and 5th games. I was again impressed with this franchise. The story and how its presented was amazing every campaign u play through adds more to the story which makes for a unique experience. Like the whole game is just so cleverly presented its mind blowing lol. So for all the ppl hating on it plz really times change game changes it simple i dont understand why you would want to be the same game like the first or 2nd i mean really? Then we be hearing things like this game is the same thing over and over like ppl do with cod. So heres my score on this game i give it a 9.8 because the game looks awesome the controls are some of the best ever far superior to the last 2 games. The characters and story is just perfectly woven together through a timeline the c virus is badass and far mre deadlier then and thing any of the other viruses plus it gave rise to some crazy monster variations. The only things that hold it from a 10 is just the large amount of quick time events they ok but sometimes it was abit excessive. O and one mre thing that makes this game awesome is join other ppls game as infected which was awesome plus other mulitiplayer options. All in all if ur a true resident evil fan u can accept change and welcome it because this is the best resident evil game yet period. Expand
  40. Feb 26, 2013
    I believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i loveI believe that Resident evil 6 was a AMAZING game, sure it isnt as scary as it used to be but i never found the game scary in the 1st place. i believe that the Tensity was the "Horror" all along because the originals were never scary, it was the tense of having limited ammo and the damn camera settings that made it scary not to mention how many bullets it takes to kill one zombie. i love the way resident evil has evolved and when i play it, im so into the amazing story and i feel like a badass when it comes to the gameplay. ResidentEvil Fan Forever! Expand
  41. Oct 11, 2012
    Esto no es un Resident Evil, es una mezcla mala de Call of Duty y Gears of war. La an cagado mucho con este juego, yo no lo voy a comprar por que no lo merece.
  42. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2012
    This is a game that everyone should play right now cause it is very good and made by a good company called capcom that makes great game always and everyone and enjoys them a lot so you should too and especially not hesitate now and instead buy this excellent game cause it has good reviews and good gameplay and i love the graphics that the game has much better than Resident Evil 5 which hadThis is a game that everyone should play right now cause it is very good and made by a good company called capcom that makes great game always and everyone and enjoys them a lot so you should too and especially not hesitate now and instead buy this excellent game cause it has good reviews and good gameplay and i love the graphics that the game has much better than Resident Evil 5 which had orange graphics. Expand
  44. Oct 10, 2012
    Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!
  45. Oct 30, 2012
    I've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep itI've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep it interesting. While i personally dislike the cover controls they don't really affect my enjoyment of the game. The best part of this game by far would have to be the reintroduction of real, good ol shambling zombies. Expand
  46. Jun 8, 2013
    Action horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best oneAction horror. That's what this game is all about. It's not survival horror anymore. That's the thing: It lost its mystery and creativity. It's just a "KILL-DA-MONSTAH!!! Game". It's not original. But not everything is bad. The story (the videos in the game) are good. The campaigns are all related to each other and the graphics are excellent. Of course, Leon's campaign is the best one here, but the other ones are kind of worth playing too. I'd suggest you buying this only if you're not one of those fans who doesn't accept changes. If you're open to see a RE transition to action horror (like RE5), go ahead and buy it. Otherwise... keep out. Expand
  47. Nov 11, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game very doubtful to evaluate. The main problem was the bet Capcom just innovation. The staff cared so much that he forgot to innovate polishing in some points. Still, the game can be great.

- Visual: 8.8
      - Gameplay: 7.0
      - History: 9.2
      - Audio: 8.4
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  48. Oct 24, 2012
    I haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. DoI haven't seen a game reviewed this poorly since The Expendables 2 Videogame! The game looks great, gives the player multiple experiences on one disc, enhances on the series, and is kick ass. What is going on here??? The story and the way it ties with each character is beyond good, it's great. The fear is not totally in your face but the feeling of isolation at points can be terrifying. Do I like it more than a lot of games I have played... No. Do I recommend it to purchase... No. Do I think it deserves a 2 or a 4... Hell no. And if you think that it is worse than Operation Raccoon City... You should be put in a mental institution. I would love to read some thoughts from the haters and talk about what they think on the podcast, send me a tweet @LiquidPodcast so I can get your opinions out to my listeners. I'd like a healthy debate. And hear my full review with your comments on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2012
    This is less of a horror game, and more an action shooter a la Gears of War. It's underrated, as playing through it is like playing action movie... it's fast paced, fun in co-op and huge. Seriously enormous. Don't be fooled by all the negativity, this game is a lot of bang for your buck.
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is not bad at all, but not the best Resident Evil game that I've played. There a lot of fun and interesting contents, loved the Mercenaries mode, but I want to play it on "No Hope Left" difficulty.
  51. Nov 18, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally,Resident Evil 6 is a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a survival horror as tries to be. Resident Evil series changed its roots into more of action placed shooter since the over the shoulder view point that Resident Evil 4 applied. Since then, the newer Resident Evil games seem to disappointed others leaving behind the horror feeling that many fans grew up with. Personally, Resident Evil 6 isn't so bad if your welling to pass on that Resident Evil 6 isn't a survival horror any more and decently right has an arcade shooter.

Resident Evil 6 has 3 main campaigns that differ in characters, few locations, and scenarios which they all play as an action 3rd person shooter. Leon's campaign comes close to feeling like a horror shooter(For half the campaign at lest), Chris's Campaign plays out like a military shooter facing infected mercenaries, and Jake's has a mix of both Leon's and Chris campaign while getting constantly chanced by a nemsis like creature. Each campaign is cooperative up to 2 players through out the campaign, each of those campaign last around 5 to 6 hours long. Friends or randoms can join your game while on session if you want the option to turn on for it.

The story branches out into an Zombie Outbreak in the U.S. and then into china caused by (you guessed it) Neo Umbrella and their gang of infected zombie like mercenaries called J'avo. Each campaign connects with one another revealing story bits you didn't know from campaign. I thought this worked pretty discovering the threat and the man behind the cause. As the characters from their campaigns try to resolve their problems, at points, they will meet up in the same location. If another couple in their play through is at that same part where both campaigns meet allows you to play along side them in a 4 player cooperative moment. After completing all 3 campaigns, another campaign(single player) opens up at the side of another character that see in the shadows(New update may have her unlocked instantly and adds as well co-op as well). She fills in some of the missing gaps of the story. Speaking of gaps, small plot holes are left empty and the villain doesn't have real good excuse for his doing.

Resident Evil 6 plays like a 3rd person shooter allowing you for the first in a RE game to move and shoot. You go in cover in fire fights which takes awhile to get used too and jump into the floor in a aiming position just avoid incoming hits. Melee attacks pack a real punch which kills your foes faster then bullets. Your only limited to Melee depending on how much stamina you balancing from small amount of ammo if played on the harder difficulties. The game tries to be a horror game limiting the amount of ammo but in my opinion, doesn't really work well. From the start of the peloge, your introduce into quick time events. As it does feel like a pain at first, it does add attention for some moments as like small mini games. Expect the whole game to be quick time events if your into those types of games. Going into this game, you may have to expect some boring moments before gets a little better. If you can deal with slow and repetitive moments, you may have another problem with the camera(New Update allows you adjust camera). This mainly due to the camera zooming into events that could somewhat blind you. Its alot worse when your in hallways and the camera has a hard time following you. Death can be cheap and out of no but this isn't too much of a big since death isn't too punishing. Despite being a co-op game, you can't trade with your partner. Weapons and ammo you find are for your self and stay with you in till you lose you delete your save data. I don't see my self going back into this game after completion. 2 other extra modes such as Mercenaries mode and Agent hunt mode Mercenaries mode is another horde like mode where you try to kill as many enemies as you can before time runs out. With out pre-orders or maybe a DLC, there are only 3 maps for mercenaries leaving out 3 others impossible to get with out buying the game 3 times from pre-orders or waiting for a DLC. Customs are unlock-able with their own load out but their not usable for the main campaign. Agent hunt mode allows you invade other couples in their game if they have the option turn on. Its fun for a little bit but its very limited with controls and you leave the players game after they leave the area or one of them die. Resident Evil 6 isn't that bad and can be very fun if you can deal passed with some of the poor moments and cheesy deaths. The game makes a good arcade 3rd person shooter but not so much a horror survival game. It tries to be a horror shooter but it doesn't work well and it slows the game down. For what its worth, I suggest you ether rent the game for the week or wait for a price drop.
  52. Nov 10, 2012
    I loved the coop split-screen mode, it's way better than all the split-screen shooters out now, and the controls are much more smooth and easy to learn than ever, the haters can keep hating, I LOVED THE GAME!!
  53. Nov 1, 2012
    This game has been highly under rated and I find myself wondering why? I waited to finish the game before I write this so i would have a full understanding of it I must say I love the game... I believe it way out does RE 5 by a mile. They've brought back many things from the old games, like horror and zombies that people wanted back from number 5 also multi campaigns. The only reason IThis game has been highly under rated and I find myself wondering why? I waited to finish the game before I write this so i would have a full understanding of it I must say I love the game... I believe it way out does RE 5 by a mile. They've brought back many things from the old games, like horror and zombies that people wanted back from number 5 also multi campaigns. The only reason I rate this game a 9 out 10 is simply for the fact that I find cut-scene's that involve pressing buttons annoying, however others may like it i just don't. However I hope that negative ratings don't effect any future games planned. Expand
  54. Nov 2, 2012
    this game is awesome in almost every aspect i feel like this game is awesome maybe not RE4 awesome but defiently it's own kind of awesome and i wish people would cut it slack because i even found the chris campaign as an enjoyable expierence even though everyone says it was the weakest. very awesome game.
  55. Nov 6, 2012
    I love this game simply because it gives you OPTIONS. I LOVE options! Not only can I now play an amazing Leon campaign again (I LOVE RE4), but I also get a really awesome Chris campaign (which I thought the story was freaking outstanding, and I fail to see why everyone hates it [have you actually played it?]). Then to top it off, there's a whole new story with a really cool new characterI love this game simply because it gives you OPTIONS. I LOVE options! Not only can I now play an amazing Leon campaign again (I LOVE RE4), but I also get a really awesome Chris campaign (which I thought the story was freaking outstanding, and I fail to see why everyone hates it [have you actually played it?]). Then to top it off, there's a whole new story with a really cool new character (Jake)... Plus more if you beat the whole game! I bet you people who whine about this game would be a WHOLE LOT more pissed if they made it a strictly Chris campaign, where you get no options. That's why I'm happy; I get the best of all the worlds, and the way the stories are interwoven, I think is really awesome and made my jaw drop on more than one occasion to realize where I was and what I was looking at.

I appreciate the linearity because I think it delivers a better story, then if you had more of an open world type place. I think this is similar to an amazing blockbuster movie that you're playing. The sights and especially the sounds (if you have at least a decent home theater) are phenomenal. I love the characters, the stories, the connection, the co-op, the extras, the graphics, ESPECIALLY the sound, and pretty much everything else.

Get off your high horse and stop trying to drudge up the past and let the series evolve. It's people who don't know how to spot a good game like this that keep us playing the same games over and over and over. You people make it sound like you want Resident Evil to be like Call of Duty for the survival horror genre, where you keep getting a re-hash of the same garbage over and over again.

Me personally, I LOVE this game and I appreciate them evolving the series and leaving us with options!

Thank you Capcom, you rock! :D
  56. Nov 8, 2012
    Good step up from Resident Evil 5, you can actually move and shoot, but to me it still felt a lot like RE5, i guess people really weren't ready for a faster paced Resident Evil, but I've played everyone and thought this was a great addition to the series.
  57. Nov 25, 2012
    De bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay etDe bonnes idées mais malheureusement pas assez exploité. On sens bien que Capcom veut faire quelques chose de bien qui explose en tout point mais malheureusement c'est qualité qui prime au terme de la quantité. Le scénario est aussi bidon qu'un épisode de Derrick, les graphismes ne sont pas à la hauteur des espérances, le gameplay et le bestiaire sont les seule gros point fort du jeux. La campagne de Léon est à mourir d'ennuie durant les deux premières et dernières heures, les autre campagne sont totalement inutile. Si Capcom avait fait un Resident Evil ou l'on aurait seulement la campagne de Léo et 10 heures de jeux, personne n'aurait rien dit et la qualité serait présente largement car c'est bien plus facile de ce concentré sur 10 heures de jeux plutôt que 30 heures de jeux qui ne se répète pas et ou tout est cohérents. Bref, un jeux qui m'a beaucoup dessus et pourtant je n'en attendais pas forcément beaucoup mais ont fait avec se que l'on as et j'attend un futur Resident Evil pour la prochaine génération pour voir si Capcom peut redresser la barre bien basse de ces dix dernière années. Expand
  58. Nov 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not bad after all,but i wanna survival horror not action! CAPCOM LISTEN THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  59. Jan 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 right was not what everyone expected more now we have two important details to choose from, a note 4.7 for a game so famous? 4.7 re6 deserves as terror, more like action / adventure game and much more.
    must gather all the good points of the game as it is not possible that the game does not have any point to make it as good to earn at least a 6.0
  60. Jan 25, 2013
    The game is just great! I am very glad that it changed from a slow sadness, to active fun! The game has become more dynamic and lively. I am very pleased that Tsaptsom decided to make changes to the game, as they went to her only benefit! To all fans of zombies, I recommend!
  61. Feb 17, 2013
    Aside from annoying QTE, this game should not be judged solely for it's lack in horror elements. Improving problems that were present in 5, the AI is enhanced, additional game play methods are fairly welcome, the soundtrack is enjoyable, and a story with four separate scenarios crossing over each other makes Resident Evil 6 one of the more interesting entries in the series.
  62. Feb 11, 2013
    Do not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to workDo not listen to any bad reviews about this game! From walking and shooting to quick shots this game has evolved into the most amazing resident evil game there is! It is great to play and the overall game play is very comfortable and enjoyable. The QTEs are understandable because it makes it realistic, if you get grabbed by a creature it's not just going to get off of you you have to work for it! Gamers will never be happy if it changes too much they will complain and if it doesn't change enough they will cry for more change. This game is perfect i love every resident evil game and own almost every one and this is by far the best one and i am still playing it four months later and will keep playing it! Good job Capcom you guys are doing great! Expand
  63. Feb 25, 2013
    I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling.I don't get why people hate this game so much, theirs so many new things in this game, the shooting mechanics are awesome and so are the graphics. The gameplay is also pretty fun and so far I don't even want to put my controller down. So far I'm on Leon's campaign and I really like how they brought back regular zombies and also being able to walk and shoot it very well used as is rolling. The combo system is also very well thought out. This game was well worth my money and I think capcom did a great job. The only thing I dot like about the game is te different campaigns, I would much rather prefer one whole campaign. Expand
  64. Feb 26, 2013
    La saga Resident evil a venido cambiando desde el tiempo pero esos cambios son buenos Con Re 4 los cambios fueron buenos uno de los mejores RE de la saga despues con la salida de RE 5 era un RE 4 pero con mas gráficos y mas acción.Despues para la portatil 3Ds salio Revelaciones, que si tuvo ese toque de los clasicos RE y que a varios les encanto pero despues con la salida de OperationLa saga Resident evil a venido cambiando desde el tiempo pero esos cambios son buenos Con Re 4 los cambios fueron buenos uno de los mejores RE de la saga despues con la salida de RE 5 era un RE 4 pero con mas gráficos y mas acción.Despues para la portatil 3Ds salio Revelaciones, que si tuvo ese toque de los clasicos RE y que a varios les encanto pero despues con la salida de Operation raccon city el juego oficialmente se volvió un FPS que a eso a muchos no nos gusto, después de eso la gente pidió que Resident evil volviera a las raices del survival horror como lograron con revelaciones y dijeron que con RE6 iban a volver a las raices pero nos mintieron de nuevo. Re 6 se volvió totalmente un shooter, tiene escenas de accion muy exageradas e innecesarias. Como dice el titulo es un gears of war pero con zombies y sobretodo la campaña de chris que sobrepasa la accion la de jake me hace recordar un poquito a Re nemesis por el ustanak, y hasta ahí nomas,la de leon bueno con los zombies me hace recordar lo hace un poquito mejor y con la campaña de ada me recuerda al 2 y al 4.A pesar de todas estas cosas RE 6 es un excelente juego no aburre en nada pero lamentablemente lleva el nombre "RESIDENT EVIL" que eso mancha a la saga pero sigue siendo un gran juego.Ahora a ver los puntos del juego. En jugabilidad esta buena un tanto mejorada de aquel RE 5 pero no tanto, Gráficamente a mi me encanto algunos detalles como cuando te mojas o las sombras y juegos de luces que son buenísimos, Sonido esta bien pero hubiera estado mejor, historia mas simple imposible hay partes que se vuelven interesantes y esos giros que te incitan a seguir jugando pero la historia para entenderla es fácil Resident evil 6 es un gran juego para unos(incluyéndome) y un juego malo para otros pero bueno hay que tenerle fe a capcom y a esperar a ver como sera el próximo RE, nos harán caso y volverán a las raíces del juego o seguirán tirándose al lado de los FPS Expand
  65. Mar 28, 2013
    Resident evil 6 as a resident evil game, it's as disappointing as it gets. As an action game, it's really good! All the negativity about this game i heard, i didnt't experience any of it. Almost. It is repetitive, for the most part. The level design is confusing. So as a survival horror game, it's average, if they really focused on that kind of genre, i would rate it like a 5. But sinceResident evil 6 as a resident evil game, it's as disappointing as it gets. As an action game, it's really good! All the negativity about this game i heard, i didnt't experience any of it. Almost. It is repetitive, for the most part. The level design is confusing. So as a survival horror game, it's average, if they really focused on that kind of genre, i would rate it like a 5. But since capcom focused more on the action. It's definitely worth more. Expand
  66. Mar 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not the best game in the world, but it also does not deserve the misplaced rage of hurt fanboys. There are three things wrong with it: Cover mechanics, the camera can be a chore, and the story is a bit disjointed. If this game had been made under a new license with completely original characters It would not have garnered do much hate. That being said the number ofResident Evil 6 is not the best game in the world, but it also does not deserve the misplaced rage of hurt fanboys. There are three things wrong with it: Cover mechanics, the camera can be a chore, and the story is a bit disjointed. If this game had been made under a new license with completely original characters It would not have garnered do much hate. That being said the number of characters should have been scaled down so that the story could have been streamlined and made more coherent. The camera, while not a huge problem, is jumpy and nowhere as steady as 4 or 5's. Cover mechanics depend on having a weapon readied. Should you let got of the ready weapon button you pop out of cover. This can become annoying. Everything else is gotten massively right. From voice acting to amount of content and the big budget beautiful graphics. The co-op could require a bit more usage but is tight and practical. Don't believe the naysayers who would rather moan about their hurt feelings than recognize a game that both is worth and deserves attention. Expand
  67. Mar 24, 2013
    I can't understand why such a game like this one gets this bad review in my opinion this one is very great action game and one of the best in the series....very smooth one.
  68. Apr 9, 2013
    If you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use toIf you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves a ten because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use to give yourself some perks and upgradable as well. This is a different step in RE that feels more like the originals becasue you have to find things to survive.

And another thing about survival. Alot of people are saying its not a survival horror game. I beat RE2 in under two hours once I new how to beat the game. So they were never really the peek around corner and walk with your gun drawn kind of game. They were puzzle games in the 90's and there horror/action now, with some puzzles. RE has not left there roots, just follow the story and you will understand. There are no plot holes in any of the games and transitions between games. The story is the reason why your not creeping around a police station or mansion by yourself anymore.
    The situation of bio terror has grown so big that if you didnt have action it wouldnt feel like theres a global threat.

Alot of people bash this game and they are just stupid because if they really have played the other games they would understand why the game play has changed. No one on here even talks about the story and how theres nothing wrong with it. Everyone just wants to put a fat 0 on here and hurt the franchise.

The game is very long the first time through as well so be prepared. Auto save feature alows you to stop at certain points. My only issue with the game is the new inventory screen. There is no pause button so the journey never stops while playing, and due to the scrolling inventory system it makes it hard to put together meds quickly to heal yourself.

Resident Evil 6 blew me away with stunning cutscenes and a few parts made me jump just like in RE2. I am 24 and not a 13 year old writing this so take into account I know what I am talking about. I started playing RE since the begining and have no intensions on stopping. There is a reason my tag is FinalEvil. RE1337RE
  69. Apr 24, 2013
    This was my first Resident Evil game, I played through on easy, and had no expectations going in and it was a nice bit of fun. Kicking zombies in the face, shooting them, just get stuck into some zombie guts and don't take it too seriously.
  70. Apr 27, 2013
    A Master Piece i loved it toma tiempo acostumbrate a la camara despues de eso te das cuenta que era un cambio necesario graficas muy buenas musica historia... en fin lo recomiendo ampliamente
  71. May 17, 2013
    I give this game a 10 to compensate the 0-votings honestly, a 0-rating? For me its a solid 8-9! I always make my own opinion, and iam glad that i looked into re6, because otherwise i had missed a brilliant and fun game! You have stunning graphics, good sound, very good animated zombies, some zombie-minibosses, lots of weapons and tons of content!

Sure, its not the classic-re anymore,

Sure, its not the classic-re anymore, but i think re6 is a very good resident evil anyway!
  72. Jun 3, 2013
    Lost Planet 2 & Rezi 6 are two of the best out there. If you enjoy Co-Op gaming as much as we do then get into System link co-op campaign games. You'll need 2 consoles, two screens and 2 copies of the game to play this thru with a buddy. Or two PC's.

Don't listen to most modern snobby gamers who love to wine & because they think they know what's good or right. They literally have no clue. Grab a friend and play thru this.

Check out 'Co-optimus' for more Lan System link co-op campaign games
  73. Jul 11, 2014
    Its not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface theIts not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface the game looks great and is a testament to the game engine, there is better looking action scenes and character models and animations but there no immersion or atmosphere . Its the gameplay that ruins it. They spent to much time making it look good and not enough time play testing it. The combat frustrated me to a point I have not had to with games in years. RE controls were never great but they were balanced. Same with the story, RE story have never been very fluid, but they suited there individual games well, RE6s story in an uninteresting mess. All in all its the most disappointing game I think I have ever played, Mostly because RE4 is one of my favourite games of all times Expand
  74. Dec 18, 2013
    Cons: I died more from motorcycle, train, and plane crashes than zombies; not kidding one bit. I have to admit I laughed more than I felt scared during this game... but I kinda liked that.

Pros: Sure, this game was ridiculous and not what I expected at all. I can't really comprehend what the game developers were thinking, but the end result is this unintentionally funny game that's fun to play. I felt like this was a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie at times, that's why this game gets an 8.

Overall: After playing Resident Evil 5, I was left wanting a scarier game. I assumed that Resident Evil 6 was going to go back to the horror roots of the franchise. When I first played RE6, the lack of horror seemed to stand out. I do believe this game is worth playing, I enjoyed mercenaries mode like always. Although, I am somewhat happy to see the backlash of reviews from fans. Sure I liked this game, but I would have liked it more if it was scarier.
  75. Dec 30, 2013
    I consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil gameI consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil game that feels a little bit more like the old school Resident Evil game, I recommend Resident Evil Revelations (even when it's all about mutants, not normal zombies) if they follow that path for the 7th game, it will be great.

Leon: 8/10
    Sherry: 5/10
    Chris: 4/10 (as game, Chris' levels are quite enjoyable; as Resident Evil game, those are quite horrible)
    Ada: 6/10
  76. Jan 20, 2014
    I think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better ifI think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better if all RE games in the future would have 2 players. I know almost many fans of RE will hate this but, what do you think if there is a choice were the player who will play the game can pick if he/she want's the game to be with someone or not. Because in RE:Revelations i didn't like the fact that there are 2 characters but the AI doesn't help. Reason why i bought Revelations was because i thought it would be Excellent same as 6. But sadly that ruined my expectations (I'm still going to write a review for Revelations) So if someone here sees this and has a connection with Capcom or Nintendo please do send this on behalf of some of us

BTW= Loved the graphics of 6 and also how there were 3 different Story Lines. I also loved Revelations new graphics but the fact that i can't play 2 players or the AI doesn't help (Literally) Got me bad since i bought revelations cause i thought it would be fun, horrific, and had a lot of action
    Also Loved the part Jake and Sherry's Romance. I think it would be better if RE in the future would have romantic pairs like them (Jake and Sherry i mean)

Advanced thank's for reading this I'm not saying that RE:Revelations was a huge letdown cause infact i loved it just a little disappointed that i can't finish the game without someone beside me :(
  77. Apr 16, 2014
    guys guys,, R.E 6 Was Based on all R.E movies so stop finding something else that you can't find,,
    R.E 1,2,3 was so way back 13 years ago so stop comparing old time to future,, move on guys,,
  78. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  79. Mar 28, 2015
    Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4Once again Capcom has ruined there most beloved franchise. It actually makes me laugh, the only reason im not giving this a 3 or below score is because Capcom has finally put a little bit of effort into the gameplay, and the game is slightly more fun than the other Resident evil games, slightly. If i were you i would seriously play another zombie game than this. Play something like Left 4 dead or Dead rising but not this. Expand
  80. Sep 9, 2013
    Baffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up theBaffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up the pacing somewhat. An impressive game in so many ways I don't understand why people are slamming it so much. Expand
  81. Feb 27, 2015
    I do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinctI do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinct campaigns.. then there is fun to be had here (especially if playing co-op). I appreciate that this is a pretty big caveat but this game is not without merit even if it did get pretty savagely critiqued by some reviewers. I'm not saying that they are wrong but don't write off the possibility of enjoying this game based on the fact that some of the criticism it got from some quarters was pretty strong. Expand
  82. Jun 27, 2014
    RE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have completeRE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have complete directional control over the project. The guy is a video game legend, but a legendary ass for allowing such a great series to sink to the murky depths of the ocean.

As pissed off as I am at how utterly sh*t the series has become, I am confident that Mikami will create the true RE4 spiritual successor in The Evil Within.
  83. Jan 18, 2015
    General Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While REGeneral Overview: This game moves the series toward a more action and less survival horror tempo and attempts to expand the game into coop, including plot intersections between the main characters. Getting to play a variety of heroes (Chris, Leon and the new guy Jake and even Ada if you have the DLC) makes the game interesting. Its particularly good as a split screen coop game. While RE fans of the earlier games (1 to 3) will find this no where near their tastes, those of us who have let the game evolve into something else will enjoy it. Its tense, fast paced and still has you scrounging for ammo (provided you play it on the default and not make it impossibly simple with "infinite ammo", etc.) It's biggest two downsides are AWKWARD camera angles the make it hard as hell to survive at key points and the heavier than usual reliance on QTE. The combat controls are improved, the voice acting is decent, the story is well done and fits together. In short, its a fun game.

TL;DNR: 8 - A good and tense action game that seems to have left its more horror related aspects behind which will turn off the RE zealots who cannot move past RE 4 or 1, 2, or 3.

Technology/engine: Great graphics, runs smoothly with very little issues.

AI: Decent and can be punishing if you are playing single player instead of coop.

Graphics: Well done and crisp. Great set pieces and character models.

Sound: Well done and sound from source to reception distance is implemented well.

Soundtrack: Each campaign has its own theme that attaches to the lead characters that are always paired. Not outstanding but not destructive of the atmosphere either.

Voice acting: Well done with only occasionally weak lines that are easily forgotten.

Crafting: N/A

Customization: The skill sets that you can build are fun and take some work to achieve. There are a few that are more helpful than others in my opinion and some that are not worth using at all.

Gameplay systems: The heavier than usual reliance on QTEs is a downfall for this game but being smart and using the environment to your advantage pays off. In some cases, unless you are a QTE genius will take several play throughs to get right. Personally I found the distance between auto-save check points to be too short in some places and way to long for others while a few felt just right.

Controls: Standard third person shooter fair although you can switch to the traditional RE controls.

Story: Decent and coherent with a different ending for each main story campaign.

Multiplayer: I will not comment on this since I have yet to play it.
  84. Apr 8, 2015
    Shiny graphics (better than the last of us) + exhilarating over the top action, fun and hilarious, Mercenaries is awesome, co-op has never been more fun than in this masterpiece. 10/10
  85. Nov 9, 2013
    Definitely worth buying if you're a fan of the resident evil games very long game(4 campaigns) so you get your money's worth although Leon's could have been better and the skills don't really work and the guns should be balanced better but characters and story and graphics and atmosphere very good
  86. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  87. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a “bleh” game and I would NOT recommend adding to your play list. You should not spend your time or money on if you consider either to be precious, but it’ll pass the time if you have nothing better to do.
  88. Oct 19, 2013
    Wow. This game did so much right and so much new, but everyone cries it's not scary and says it's horrible for that reason alone. Really? Are you that shallow? Just ignore the fact that it's not scary and just play it. It has a fantastic emotional story, innovative controls, great, realistic characters and multiple different elements. But no, it's just not scary. I guess it's worth 1s andWow. This game did so much right and so much new, but everyone cries it's not scary and says it's horrible for that reason alone. Really? Are you that shallow? Just ignore the fact that it's not scary and just play it. It has a fantastic emotional story, innovative controls, great, realistic characters and multiple different elements. But no, it's just not scary. I guess it's worth 1s and 0s for that, right. I have better criticisms against it. The skill point system sucks. The inventory isn't as good as 4 or 5. And Ada's stealth isn't great. But it's still a fantastic game. Expand
  89. Jul 11, 2013
    Worrying look at the future

IS this really how Capcom thinks we westerners want to play games? A series of quick time events linked by 20 second bursts of holding A and forward on the left stick make up large parts of two of the campaigns here. Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game
    Worrying look at the future

Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game throughout too.

This game is an ordeal which i have barely had the patience to see through top the end.

Last night I finally finished the Chris campaign (worst of a bad bunch) by leaving the final boss battle primarily up to the AI partner.

Another low point of the Chris campaign was when my sister rang, forcing me to put the pad down but leave the game running.

50 mins later i found i had not died and had actually progressed through the second chapter.

It turns out that Capcom probably just want you to 'ooh' and 'aah' through huge chunks of their games without questioning anything like plot, interactivity, challenge (not counting random deaths) or skill.

OH, did i mention the horrible control scheme and camera movement?

Jeezus...holding three buttons to shoot out of cover sems a bit much, as does constantly rotating the camera angle to show you yet another pwetty expwosion those clever guys put in for you all add up to major gameplay problems...

SO..overlong..overwrought..underwritten...undertested..unbearable.
  90. Jul 10, 2013
    As a long time fan of Resident Evil, I actually enjoyed this game a lot. Is it straight on horror like the older games? No, but it's still fun and it had its scares for me (mostly in Leon's campaign). I actually really liked the controls, especially the dodge, roll, and melee capabilities--in fact that's probably a reason I keep to Jake on Mercenaries. The story was engaging, theAs a long time fan of Resident Evil, I actually enjoyed this game a lot. Is it straight on horror like the older games? No, but it's still fun and it had its scares for me (mostly in Leon's campaign). I actually really liked the controls, especially the dodge, roll, and melee capabilities--in fact that's probably a reason I keep to Jake on Mercenaries. The story was engaging, the characters interesting, complex, and captivating. I got rather attached to both Piers and Jake and I loved the growth and development they gave Sherry after not seeing her since RE2--she's definitely capable of handling her own. While I'd love to see Capcom go back to traditional horror settings, I can appreciate what they've tried to do with this game. I think if they focus more on the characters and less on making the gameplay something to compete with the shooters out there (because sorry Capcom, your game is not a shooter) they'll be much better off with the next installment. After all for a lot of us, characters are the reason we keep coming back (I'm looking at you Camp Leon). Expand
  91. Aug 15, 2013
    You know what's my opinion. I just bought RE 6 for the Xbox, back then RE series was a big deal. Resident evil 6 is my first game of Resident Evil game I bought. Capcom tried to make it the best, like that was there last game of the sleries. The game is not bad but not good. Leons campain was the best for the game but now for Chris the zombies got guns, it is trying to be like Gears ofYou know what's my opinion. I just bought RE 6 for the Xbox, back then RE series was a big deal. Resident evil 6 is my first game of Resident Evil game I bought. Capcom tried to make it the best, like that was there last game of the sleries. The game is not bad but not good. Leons campain was the best for the game but now for Chris the zombies got guns, it is trying to be like Gears of War, the game got sick graphic. The series meant to be action and horror. Now zombies shoot your ass. Ill rate this game 6 stars to me. Expand
  92. Oct 14, 2013
    I am currently four hours into the game but my brother and I had so much fun playing coop I can't contain my excitement. This is an awesome awesome game. The controls are responsive and it's skill based.

After years and years of fighting Zombies the character should be pros by now and that's the way it feels. Overall we love it.
  93. Oct 21, 2013
    what can i say? this game is excelent. i like leon's campaign. ada campaign was good too. but chris'campaign was not so good and the jake muller'campaign was awful
    jake muller is the worst resident evil character.
    still better than resident evil 6
  94. Jan 12, 2014
    I'll try to keep this short, because I'd rather not give myself a migraine. For the sake of argument, I will assume that readers are at least somewhat familiar with Re 4 and 5. With that context, buckle down for a f*ckfest.

The two returning protagonists are Leon Kennedy, a cop who is to zombies what Ash Williams is to zombies, and Chris "BOULDERS" Red field. Leon tries to reason with the first zombie he sees and Chris has a completely different back story. Good start, right?! The plot is, after defeating Umbrella Corp, there is another evil company churning out bioweapons. That's right, the conflict of the entire game is pointless, a moot point, irrelevant, a complete and total waste of time.
    Just...f*ck off Capcom, please f*ck off.

But, who cares about the if the combat's good, right? RIGHT?! Well the inventory isn't even pretending to be about survival, and there are pretty animated takedowns like there are prostitutes on Robert Downey Jr, but you don't need to hear that. You just need three words. Three words! Just three! That's all it took to ruin on of the best camera combat systems ever. Here they are:
    COVER. BASED. SHOOOOOOOOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGG!!!

Well, forget the gameplay, it looks great, so it must be good. NO! The animations are done with cloth and spring, you can jump and roll like you're in a circus, the physics engine is almost nonexistent, the preanimated takedowns only serve to ruin the combat, and he actual graphics look like something from RE 2 or 3.

Don't buy this game. It's more than bad. It disrespects anyone with an ounce of brain matter. Good night ladies and gentlemen, and have a happy.
  95. Sep 30, 2014
    As a Resi game this is bad. Really bad. But if you look at it as an action game, it's actually quite good. The visuals are great and the gameplay is fluid, but it's simply not Resi anymore. I'm bordering my score between what I'd rate it as an action game and what I'd rate it as a Resi game, 8 and 4 respectively.
  96. Dec 28, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing. Leon's story was worth it all. The other stories were ok, but I don't like and never did like the mutant/shooting enemies. I liked part 6 more than parts 4 and 5. Also the BSAA is pure BS. It's boring army stuff. After the events of the original title and code veronica I always felt that Chris was the last person to join up and follow orders. He quit the forceI really enjoyed playing. Leon's story was worth it all. The other stories were ok, but I don't like and never did like the mutant/shooting enemies. I liked part 6 more than parts 4 and 5. Also the BSAA is pure BS. It's boring army stuff. After the events of the original title and code veronica I always felt that Chris was the last person to join up and follow orders. He quit the force because of corruption and went off with the survivors of Racoon City to basically attack Umbrella unlawfully. It's hard to believe that he'd just decide to follow an organization without protest. Expand
  97. Jul 10, 2014
    The game was really nice but waay too long...the gameplay was kinda bad..the shooting didnt works soo well...but the graphics,voice acting.story (well i liked chris and piers part but leon part was ok too..the other two wasnt that good)
  98. Jul 25, 2014
    Good, but very disappointing. The combat was great, the graphics were good, the puzzles were meh but the story was repetitive, boring, and made no sense. This might be the most disappointing Resident evil I've played. Looking back at what 4 and 5 did, this is just sad. I really have nothing to say.
  99. Jun 27, 2014
    For Capcom to market this as a survival horror is disgraceful. To get straight to the point the game is a giant waste, especially if you are fan of the series. It will be one giant let down.

As for the campaign, it is focused on co-op which is fine but if you are playing with a CPU then it can get quite annoying especially on higher difficulties. The campaign is split up into four

The campaign is split up into four sections, three you have from the beginning and one that is unlocked later on. Each campaign is as boring as the previous one with no originality which goes a long with the horrid writing and boring characters which at once were interesting characters.... well Leon was at least.

Music has never been something Resident Evil was known for so you can assume the music was not memorable at the least.

Mechanics wise the game has been stripped of all horror mechanics and added a lot of typical third person shooter mechanics which dumb the game down if you are going for a survival horror game.

Which brings me back around to this.. the series sadly I doubt will ever be the same again. The game has slowly transitioned into a action game rather than a survival horror game. Resident Evil 4 and 5 started the transition and Resident Evil 6 completed it.

Bottom line, do NOT pick this game up especially if you played and enjoyed any previous Resident Evil game (Except Resident Evil 5). Even if you haven't played a Resident Evil game, it is not worth picking up. Let it collect dust at Gamestop.

*I am late to reviewing a lot of these games but I recently created an account so I am making up for lost time.*
  100. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  101. Oct 30, 2012
    I gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad itI gotta say this game was very fun and very disappointing at the same time. Fun because I played split-screen co-op throughout the campaign with my brother, and enjoyed the story. But got very disappointed once I played Ada's campagin( which forces you to play single player) and realized how poor the game was. I didn't even make it through the first level of her campaign (that's how bad it was). Now the game has many flaws like the aiming in which the default aiming is broken but YOU HAVE TO SWITCH TO LASER SIGHT, IT'LL MAKE THE GAME MORE PLAYABLE. The deaths are also very cheap, and the camera angels are awkward and very off at times, in return also causing non-nonsensical deaths. Now all three campaigns are decent ( Leon's being my favorite) but very forgettable at the same time. I think this game would have been better received if Crapcom had given consumers a decent tutorial on how to use the changes they have made to the genre. Overall a decent game, but very disappointing, Woulda given it a 7, if it wasn't for Ada's campaign that left a bad taste in my mouth. If you have a weekend to spare, it won't hurt to play, but I wouldn't recommend buying this forgettable piece of Japanese trash. Collapse

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.