5.0

1. Dec 16, 2014
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Maybe they forgot to test the game before releasing it?
    Yes, there is horror in the game: the controls! Several times, you do not have a clue what button you have to press, in what direction you have to go etc. And worse: The camera sometimes changes, so you are inevitably completely lost. And in these parts you are normally under heavy time pressure, so you die and die and die and have to start the whole sequence from the beginning again and again and again...
    Horribly frustrating, yes. Next time, please give the player a chance to beat these sequences!
  2. Dec 15, 2014
    A good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinionA good attempt at trying to pull off the mix of horror and action to please everyone, but just wasn't executed well. This story can be very over the top at times, which is normal for a Resident Evil game, but RE6 takes it to a new level. The co-op modes are fun, like the timed survival, but the campaign leaves a lot to be desired. The Leon campaign does feel familiar, and in my opinion the best of the main three, but again it just gets to a point where the action takes over and is way too over the top. If it wasn't for the characters involved, this really wouldn't feel like a Resident Evil game at all. A decent game that can be fun to play at times, but doesn't hold up anywhere close to the series it is branching from. Expand
  3. Dec 15, 2014
    Soy un fan de la saga y este juego es pesimo.

La jugabilidad es malisima, camabiaron a una camara que marea, agregaron una funcion de patear, que al final vas a estar pateando a todos a los enemigos ya que es mas poderosa que una escopeta, pero es bastante torpe al manejarla, Es el resident evil mas grande pero calidad y cantidad no es lo mismo.
  4. Sep 30, 2014
    As a Resi game this is bad. Really bad. But if you look at it as an action game, it's actually quite good. The visuals are great and the gameplay is fluid, but it's simply not Resi anymore. I'm bordering my score between what I'd rate it as an action game and what I'd rate it as a Resi game, 8 and 4 respectively.
  5. Sep 15, 2014
    While ultimately Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game, it isn't quite the survival horror game it was marketed as. Featuring 4 campaigns, 2 of them feel more like a generic 3rd person shoot-em-up. The other two attempt to go the horror rout, but don't quite make the cut.

What really seems to have gone on here is that Capcom tried to include too much - writing 4 narratives and trying to include clever tie-ins between them, rather than investing in one fantastic campaign. They tried to revamp the combat and inventory systems, but failed miserably in doing so, making the combat controls clunky and overly complex, and turning your inventory into an overly complex slide system. It didn't really play like any Resident Evil before it. While Capcom clearly thought that fans would like the more fast paced style and new options for combat, we didn't

If you aren't already a fan of the series, start elsewhere. If you are a fan, you may find some level of joy in playing this game, at least to say that you made it through.
  6. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  7. Jul 25, 2014
    Good, but very disappointing. The combat was great, the graphics were good, the puzzles were meh but the story was repetitive, boring, and made no sense. This might be the most disappointing Resident evil I've played. Looking back at what 4 and 5 did, this is just sad. I really have nothing to say.
  8. Jul 15, 2014
    I played Resident Evil 6 every day for 4 hours. It was just so hard to walk away. SO many people neglect this game. I'm an ALL TIME FAN of the Resident Evil series. Yeah cool get Amnesia fine but this game shows horror and action almost as well as that. I loved the Chris and Jake campaign and even though you got way to many guns and ammo, I still felt good while playing it. Sure zombiesI played Resident Evil 6 every day for 4 hours. It was just so hard to walk away. SO many people neglect this game. I'm an ALL TIME FAN of the Resident Evil series. Yeah cool get Amnesia fine but this game shows horror and action almost as well as that. I loved the Chris and Jake campaign and even though you got way to many guns and ammo, I still felt good while playing it. Sure zombies had guns but everyone has a different perspective on zombies. Its possible for them to have guns if there brain can function enough. I liked this game. Resident Evil 6 gets a 9/10 Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    Its not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface theIts not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface the game looks great and is a testament to the game engine, there is better looking action scenes and character models and animations but there no immersion or atmosphere . Its the gameplay that ruins it. They spent to much time making it look good and not enough time play testing it. The combat frustrated me to a point I have not had to with games in years. RE controls were never great but they were balanced. Same with the story, RE story have never been very fluid, but they suited there individual games well, RE6s story in an uninteresting mess. All in all its the most disappointing game I think I have ever played, Mostly because RE4 is one of my favourite games of all times Expand
  10. Jul 10, 2014
    The game was really nice but waay too long...the gameplay was kinda bad..the shooting didnt works soo well...but the graphics,voice acting.story (well i liked chris and piers part but leon part was ok too..the other two wasnt that good)
  11. Jun 27, 2014
    RE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have completeRE fans, I'm afraid to inform you that the franchise died when Shinji Mikami left Capcom and decided to work on his own stuff. Don't even bother thinking about RE7 being better than 6, it is going to suck just as hard and will eventually cause Capcom to become bankrupt, unless they can somehow coax Mikami back. Just look at how amazing RE4 was when they allowed Mikami to have complete directional control over the project. The guy is a video game legend, but a legendary ass for allowing such a great series to sink to the murky depths of the ocean.

As pissed off as I am at how utterly sh*t the series has become, I am confident that Mikami will create the true RE4 spiritual successor in The Evil Within.
  12. Jun 27, 2014
    For Capcom to market this as a survival horror is disgraceful. To get straight to the point the game is a giant waste, especially if you are fan of the series. It will be one giant let down.

As for the campaign, it is focused on co-op which is fine but if you are playing with a CPU then it can get quite annoying especially on higher difficulties. The campaign is split up into four

The campaign is split up into four sections, three you have from the beginning and one that is unlocked later on. Each campaign is as boring as the previous one with no originality which goes a long with the horrid writing and boring characters which at once were interesting characters.... well Leon was at least.

Music has never been something Resident Evil was known for so you can assume the music was not memorable at the least.

Mechanics wise the game has been stripped of all horror mechanics and added a lot of typical third person shooter mechanics which dumb the game down if you are going for a survival horror game.

Which brings me back around to this.. the series sadly I doubt will ever be the same again. The game has slowly transitioned into a action game rather than a survival horror game. Resident Evil 4 and 5 started the transition and Resident Evil 6 completed it.

Bottom line, do NOT pick this game up especially if you played and enjoyed any previous Resident Evil game (Except Resident Evil 5). Even if you haven't played a Resident Evil game, it is not worth picking up. Let it collect dust at Gamestop.

*I am late to reviewing a lot of these games but I recently created an account so I am making up for lost time.*
  13. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  14. May 15, 2014
    Congratulations. This isn't just the worst resident evil game ever created, this is one of the worst games i've played in recent history. RE games are starting to go downhill very quickly. 5 wasn't good, but it was at least playable. This is just absolute trash, and Capcom should be ashamed to even have their name associated with this pile.
  15. Apr 16, 2014
    guys guys,, R.E 6 Was Based on all R.E movies so stop finding something else that you can't find,,
    R.E 1,2,3 was so way back 13 years ago so stop comparing old time to future,, move on guys,,
  16. Apr 5, 2014
    Wow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a bigWow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a big let down... The ammo never runs out and the story is just crap and you have made it into some stupid 12 year old shooter where everything is gonna be "cool" and just overpowered. I was literally laughing through the cut scenes of how overpowered everything is and how it's not what it used to be. You have totally lost the red thread in this series. From being one of the best horror games on the game market to being this crap. I'm so disappointed and angry at the same time. I've played through the game to be able to have a valid opinion but as for me (a true resident evil fan) this is it for me. I will keep playing the old games cause they are really good but if you are gonna keep release this kind of resident evil games then I don't want anything to do with it. I'm ding dong diddly done... Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    Resident Evil is a very popular franchise and also a longevive one. I can truly say that Revelation and 6 broke the ice; the best until now, maybe better than 4, but I am not going to compare the latest games with a 10-years-old games.
    Resident Evil 6 impressed me and I think a lot of players. The story and the connectivity made me think about Capcom capacity and concept. The graphics are awesome, especially on PC. The gameplay is good polished, as it tests you everytime, giving you some decisions and something new at every story of that 4.
    The characters are cool and has different personalities. I like that everyone had its own role in the story and Ada made a lot of players asking: ,, Is she good or evil?"
    But no, I said, the graphics, characters, levels, story, gameplay and places are great.
    The thing I liked best and I hardly understood is that the story is following the same way as the first Resident Evil, 4 and also Raccoon city, which is great and a rare thing, as every new game in a series changes completely the story, but here no.
    So, it's a very good game, the best in RE franchise. So, I give it a 10
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    RE6 is by no means a bad game. it lacks the powerful sense of horror the series had before, Chris' campaign sucks, the action isn't bad but the but the horror is, the graphics are good though. Hopefully
    RE7 would be scarier.
  19. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  20. Feb 10, 2014
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The Haos Chamber is a chaos, I can't tell which direction I'm going with the camera moving like that.
    They are too much QTEs in the game, though that didn't really effect how I feel in gaming. The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just one run through Haos Chamber and you can tell how bad fixed camera can do in action games
  21. Jan 20, 2014
    I think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better ifI think this game was the best of all RE games compared to 5, this is a better version with better stories and many more, I think the 2 PLayer part of this game, like 5, is awesome since the truth is that I'm not good with horror games or movies and it would be really awesome to have this kind of game in future references >(IMPORTANT TIP[Please Don't Edit])< I think it would be better if all RE games in the future would have 2 players. I know almost many fans of RE will hate this but, what do you think if there is a choice were the player who will play the game can pick if he/she want's the game to be with someone or not. Because in RE:Revelations i didn't like the fact that there are 2 characters but the AI doesn't help. Reason why i bought Revelations was because i thought it would be Excellent same as 6. But sadly that ruined my expectations (I'm still going to write a review for Revelations) So if someone here sees this and has a connection with Capcom or Nintendo please do send this on behalf of some of us

BTW= Loved the graphics of 6 and also how there were 3 different Story Lines. I also loved Revelations new graphics but the fact that i can't play 2 players or the AI doesn't help (Literally) Got me bad since i bought revelations cause i thought it would be fun, horrific, and had a lot of action
    Also Loved the part Jake and Sherry's Romance. I think it would be better if RE in the future would have romantic pairs like them (Jake and Sherry i mean)

Advanced thank's for reading this I'm not saying that RE:Revelations was a huge letdown cause infact i loved it just a little disappointed that i can't finish the game without someone beside me :(
  22. Jan 15, 2014
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    If Capcom wanted to make a new game series with people who wear a mask and turn into dust when they die, or better yet turn into a T-Rex when they die. Make a new game series, but don't use characters from a well known series to make a new game. In no way, back in 1997 did Resident Evil plan to turn out like this, If you've ever played the first 3 games you would know this, Even going by the in game memos you find, Its a ZOMBIE outbreak, Not a mask to dust outbreak. If Albert Wesker really is dead, then there is no coming back to true form. He was Alpha teams squad leader turned bad guy. He didn't have a mystical jacket that made him Neo from the Matrix. What a bad way to turn out. Capcom need to stop spoon feeding 4.7 billion versions of Street Fighter 4. The game is 6 years old, Let it die already. No wonder Mikami has left Capcom. Anybody who rates this game as good, then shame on you because you are the people who are killing this series off. I would rather see Capcom go bankrupt if they think of making another bad Resident Evil game. Make it survival horror Like 1/2/3 or better yet, Like the Gamecube remake, Thats the only good Reisdent Evil game and not even in the last ten years. 4 is not the best, And I wouldn't even call 4 a Resident Evil game either. One more bad Resident Evil game on console (Handheld versions such as the 3DS etc are always going to be bad) but one more AAA version that sucks, Although I have been a die hard Resident Evil fan since 1997, I will honestly never buy another Capcom game other then the next Marvel vs Capcom, or a Resident Evil remake of 2 like the gamecube game that should have happened. Please don't rate this game high or Capcom will never learn what the fans want and how to make money again!
  23. Jan 12, 2014
    I'll try to keep this short, because I'd rather not give myself a migraine. For the sake of argument, I will assume that readers are at least somewhat familiar with Re 4 and 5. With that context, buckle down for a f*ckfest.

The two returning protagonists are Leon Kennedy, a cop who is to zombies what Ash Williams is to zombies, and Chris "BOULDERS" Red field. Leon tries to reason with the first zombie he sees and Chris has a completely different back story. Good start, right?! The plot is, after defeating Umbrella Corp, there is another evil company churning out bioweapons. That's right, the conflict of the entire game is pointless, a moot point, irrelevant, a complete and total waste of time.
    Just...f*ck off Capcom, please f*ck off.

But, who cares about the if the combat's good, right? RIGHT?! Well the inventory isn't even pretending to be about survival, and there are pretty animated takedowns like there are prostitutes on Robert Downey Jr, but you don't need to hear that. You just need three words. Three words! Just three! That's all it took to ruin on of the best camera combat systems ever. Here they are:
    COVER. BASED. SHOOOOOOOOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGG!!!

Well, forget the gameplay, it looks great, so it must be good. NO! The animations are done with cloth and spring, you can jump and roll like you're in a circus, the physics engine is almost nonexistent, the preanimated takedowns only serve to ruin the combat, and he actual graphics look like something from RE 2 or 3.

Don't buy this game. It's more than bad. It disrespects anyone with an ounce of brain matter. Good night ladies and gentlemen, and have a happy.
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

Resident evil as a franchise did so well in the early years of leaving you to your own devices often with a chess piece, a knife and a square crank and it gave you little to no direction as to what to do next. It was intriguing, exciting, and a tense experience which left me completing the first 3 (4 was okay) games over and over again.

This game gives you guns, explosions, cut scenes and bottle feeds you set piece after set piece. It just felt like I was going through the motions, often reading Facebook on my phone whilst the cut scenes played out occasionally hitting a button so that the game knew I was still awake.

The bits of the game play that I was allowed to get involved with were generally good, that is the minute and a half of game play inbetween button bashing, set pieces and monologues.

I played the demo and thought this would be okay, Leon's campaign was borderline good, but the others were so abysmally poor/ unplayable I cant't score this higher than 1.

I regret that this game will be the last Resident Evil Game I purchase. It has destroyed the franchise for me.
  25. Dec 31, 2013
    Certamente não foi o melhor jogo da franquia, porém não foi o tão ruim, apesar de perder o o tom survivor mesmo assim um jogo divertido e cheio de ação.
  26. Dec 30, 2013
    I consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil gameI consider myself a fan of Resident Evil games and if you are nostalgic about the old Resident Evil, don't play this game, Leon campaign is really good by the way, it TRIES to be like the old school RE. Its an enjoyable game, again, specially Leon's campaign. Chris campaign is the worst, nothing special. Graphics are great and the co-op is fun. If you want to enjoy a Resident Evil game that feels a little bit more like the old school Resident Evil game, I recommend Resident Evil Revelations (even when it's all about mutants, not normal zombies) if they follow that path for the 7th game, it will be great.

Leon: 8/10
    Sherry: 5/10
    Chris: 4/10 (as game, Chris' levels are quite enjoyable; as Resident Evil game, those are quite horrible)
    Ada: 6/10
  27. Dec 28, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing. Leon's story was worth it all. The other stories were ok, but I don't like and never did like the mutant/shooting enemies. I liked part 6 more than parts 4 and 5. Also the BSAA is pure BS. It's boring army stuff. After the events of the original title and code veronica I always felt that Chris was the last person to join up and follow orders. He quit the forceI really enjoyed playing. Leon's story was worth it all. The other stories were ok, but I don't like and never did like the mutant/shooting enemies. I liked part 6 more than parts 4 and 5. Also the BSAA is pure BS. It's boring army stuff. After the events of the original title and code veronica I always felt that Chris was the last person to join up and follow orders. He quit the force because of corruption and went off with the survivors of Racoon City to basically attack Umbrella unlawfully. It's hard to believe that he'd just decide to follow an organization without protest. Expand
  28. Dec 18, 2013
    Cons: I died more from motorcycle, train, and plane crashes than zombies; not kidding one bit. I have to admit I laughed more than I felt scared during this game... but I kinda liked that.

Pros: Sure, this game was ridiculous and not what I expected at all. I can't really comprehend what the game developers were thinking, but the end result is this unintentionally funny game that's fun to play. I felt like this was a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie at times, that's why this game gets an 8.

Overall: After playing Resident Evil 5, I was left wanting a scarier game. I assumed that Resident Evil 6 was going to go back to the horror roots of the franchise. When I first played RE6, the lack of horror seemed to stand out. I do believe this game is worth playing, I enjoyed mercenaries mode like always. Although, I am somewhat happy to see the backlash of reviews from fans. Sure I liked this game, but I would have liked it more if it was scarier.
  29. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    RE6 felt more like a interactive DVD movie than a game in some places, but that was only a minor niggle. A fan of all the different style of RE games I really enjoyed this single player and co-op. Plus 6 includes what 4 and 5 lacked, ZOMBIES!!! (Rate 9/10 only on the Leon episode, the others a bit meh).
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    This game isn't so bad that it deserves such a low user score. However, it's still probably the worst game in the core Resident Evil series. There is no horror to be had here, and the gruesome elements such as disembodied monsters, blood leaking everywhere and slimy monsters don't really have the effect that they had years ago as we've all been desensitised by it over the years.

As for

As for the actual gameplay, it's very rigid, the characters are very one-dimensional (I feel no compassion for any of the characters and I feel no threat or fear from any of the enemies), and the quick-time events (QTEs) are almost as common as the ones you'd find in a game like Heavy Rain (and that game was JUST a bunch of QTEs). However it's still quite fun shooting your way through the levels, it's just a shame there is barely any atmosphere or interactivity. The graphics are disappointing. Some textures are downright ridiculous, and makes the game feel as if it was rushed. The game in general has an unfinished feel about it.

It's a shame, as Resident Evil 5 actually felt like it had some substance, you had more control over your abilities and there was actually a couple of reasons to wander off in the levels. Here, there is nothing like that. There are some abilities you can enhance your character with but to be honest it's not the same as being able to upgrade your weapons selectively. I'm sure you've already made your conclusion about the game already, but as a person who's played all of the core Resident Evil games since the first one on the Sega Saturn, I'd say it's a pretty good game in general, but as a Resident Evil fan I'm massively disappointed.

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.