5.0

1. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goesI don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that manyThis game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that many emotions at once. Good job Cap com, or should I say Crapcom. You have fricked me for the last time. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us. I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain Expand
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    After about ten hours of gameplay something completely different came to my mind - the tv-show Mythbusters. For those who watch Mythbusters know that the show have changed over the years. In the beginning it was interesting and intelligent and all about myths and nowadays it's all explosions and guns and they have almost abandoned the original concept. The show is stupid and "dumbified"After about ten hours of gameplay something completely different came to my mind - the tv-show Mythbusters. For those who watch Mythbusters know that the show have changed over the years. In the beginning it was interesting and intelligent and all about myths and nowadays it's all explosions and guns and they have almost abandoned the original concept. The show is stupid and "dumbified" and that's what i feel about Resident Evil 6 - it's dumbified. The horror is gone and so is the puzzles. Every time you confront those extremely few puzzles in the game they are mind numbingly easy and dumb so you wonder why they even bothered to include them in the game. The game is filled to the brim with quick time events and cut scenes which chops the gameplay to pieces.
    I have a whole lot of bad things to say about this game, but i'm going to keep this short. The good things are the graphics and the cut scenes are very intense and well made.
    When i watched interviews with the developers they promised us some "old school" Resident Evil and that made me exited for this game. Maybe they have started to listen to the fans after all and decided to take a step away from the very action oriented Resident Evil 5. But what did they do? They took a huge step away from the old shool and a giant leap into the action genre instead and dumbified it.
    We all realize that Capcom can't go back to basics. Games must evolve. But why oh why did they totally abandon the horror, the scares, the puzzles and the intensity that was the loved soul that made Resident Evil stand out from everything else to become this dumbified action game?
  6. Oct 9, 2012
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    Resident Evil wasn't just able to do ANY choice and create a game with 4 different gameplay, all in the wrong way. They're trying to do a copy of Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell and the most present: Uncharted. These games are mixed together and Capcom is trying to do a unique game with 4 total different gameplay with the same elements. Nothing works. This game is unplayable and not fun at all.
    I nerver played such a bad game since "D".
    What the hell happened to you Capcom?
  7. Oct 8, 2012
    This game raise the bar of mediocrity in every way. The only thing that i can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it. The fourth instalment in the series was amazing, probably one of the greatest game i ever played. I understand a concept need a refresh from time to time, but not this way. The demo of the game didn't convince me at all but like many of us i decided toThis game raise the bar of mediocrity in every way. The only thing that i can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it. The fourth instalment in the series was amazing, probably one of the greatest game i ever played. I understand a concept need a refresh from time to time, but not this way. The demo of the game didn't convince me at all but like many of us i decided to give a chance and bought it. The biggest deception of 2012 by far. Expand
  8. Oct 8, 2012
    I am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I thinkI am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I think the story line is solid and the creatures in the game are probably some of the best Resident Evil monsters I've ever seen but good lord is this game frustrating to play. My advice to all Resident Evil fans is wait to buy this till its twenty bucks or if you have it handed to you for free. Other than that don't waste your time or money on this game. This installment is almost as bad as Operation Racoon City. Expand
  9. Oct 9, 2012
    I am so monumentally disappointed with this game. I have been a fan of Resident Evil for years, played all the games and this is by far the worst. It doesn't even feel like a game - Chris and Jake's campaigns consist of running pointlessly from one cut-scene to the next. Playing this game is like being an extra in a poorly written movie.

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is not too bad.
  10. Nov 9, 2012
    First, i will star with the good points

Good points: The history is great, the characters charisma its outstanding, the controls are great, the agent hunt mode is very fun, and the play time is very long, the mosters are cool. Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has
    First, i will star with the good points

Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has nothing of survival horror.
  11. Oct 13, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It is a game that has no identity, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But many are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a true Resident Evil that lives up to that name.
  12. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the latter the biggest **** ever.
  13. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  14. Oct 12, 2012
    True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL:True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL: Los verdaderos fans de esta saga son los que critican duramente esta nueva entrega y nó los que la defienden. Y la explicación es bien sencilla, esta nueva entrega no puede considerarse un "Biohazard", porque sencillamente carece de las bases para poder serlo. Biohazard se caracterizaba por ser un título de terror, un título de supervivencia. Es decir, un Survival Horror y no un mal shooter con un pésimo control. Expand
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THISFirst comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord.
    Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game.
  17. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  18. Oct 27, 2012
    Playing the resident evil franchise has been amazing over the years however this game is just terrible I'd only advise buying it when the price comes down to £5. There has been a huge decline in quality since RE4 in this series I'm not saying RE5 was a bad game but it didn't live up to RE4 capcom have seemed to ignore what the fans want. They have strayed to far from the survivalPlaying the resident evil franchise has been amazing over the years however this game is just terrible I'd only advise buying it when the price comes down to £5. There has been a huge decline in quality since RE4 in this series I'm not saying RE5 was a bad game but it didn't live up to RE4 capcom have seemed to ignore what the fans want. They have strayed to far from the survival horror genre and hopefully all theese bad reviews will show what the fan base wants. Expand
  19. Dec 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wouldn't normally write a review based on about 2 hours of playing a game, but I'm at the point where I can't even force myself to carry on with Resident Evil 6.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Resident Evil. I mean, thanks to RE5 - not the best in the series by a long shot, but still an enjoyable experience - I use Wesker's final scream of "CHRIIIIIS!!" as my username on most things now. The first 3 games were great survival horror games, and the only thing that let Code Veronica down was it's cartoony graphic style. RE4 took the series in a great new direction, and RE5 built on that and added a fun co-op mechanic. Then things started going downhill - Operation Raccoon City was painful to play, but I had no idea that the usual Resident Evil team would use that as the basis for RE6!
    Resident Evil 6 is a third-person action game, and a bad one at that. It starts out with a big explosion, and the next thing you know you're running away from exploding cars and flying a damaged helicopter through a big city. Not the best way to draw someone in to what is essentially a zombie game.

As I said at the start of this review, I've only played a couple of hours. The first chapter of Leon's campaign to be precise. And it was such an awful, clunky, Quick Time Event-ridden mess that I straight up refused to carry on. I was killed constantly by trains and cars because the QTE for dodging didn't come up thanks to another QTE for killing a zombie overriding it. It's QTE-ception!
    Anyway, the controls aren't great, despite finally being able to run without holding a button (you still use A to sprint, but it's a start at least). For some reason, the melee attacks are so powerful you can take down a standard zombie in about 3 hits. Each hit stun-locks them as well, making this the go-to approach for thinning the herds. A HUGE departure from ammo-conserving survival horror.

The first chapter of Leon's campaign consisted of a nice, atmospheric run through a dark, almost abandoned college campus. "This is getting better", I thought. WRONG! Jump scares and kicking zombies to death! The kicking part might sound cool, but it's actually pretty boring, and feels rigid when you're actually doing it. The amount of QTEs is too damn high as well. "Quick, tap A! Wiggle the left stick! Press X to not die!" This is not my idea of fun. That being said, the bit where you get in a car and have to search for the keys, start it up, and drive off before the zombies break in and kill you was pretty tense though, and a good way of handling QTEs. Shame about the hundreds of other bad uses of them in this game.
    My interest in the game gradually lessened by the underground section - narrow corridors where you can barely see anything (even with the brightness turned up), trains coming along with very little warning - see the QTE issue I previously mentioned - and zombies literally jumping at you out of the shadows. Sounds fun. Tense, even. Nope. It's painfully dull, and this is where the cheap deaths began.
    Shortly after the awful underground section, you're back on street level. Zombies everywhere, but that's not the problem. Cars come out of nowhere with absolutely no warning or way to tell where they're going to veer off.

After getting flattened by an ambulance whilst getting screamed at by a REALLY ANNOYING enemy a bunch of times, I gave up. I simply wasn't having fun. The game is a chore to play, and so far the story isn't even interesting. I have no reason to carry on with it.

So, the positive things about this game... The graphics are nice, despite being horrendously dark, and the sound design is good, but not the best out there by far. Gameplay is generic and feels like a slightly improved Operation Raccoon City, which isn't a good thing. Story just isn't interesting so far. I can't honestly recommend RE6 to Resident Evil fans, let alone anyone else. If you feel that you absolutely MUST play this game, rent it. Don't waste your money on it.

My 3 out of 10 is based on the graphic/sound design. Like I said, it's pretty good. I can't honestly say a positive thing about the gameplay. It's just that bad.
  20. Dec 15, 2012
    NO FEAR NO RESIDENT. Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  21. Feb 15, 2013
    great cod clone! better zombies,guns and action... but cod has more and better horror scenes. its a cod clone without horror ;D
  22. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Resident Evil 5 made so much money (probably because Resident Evil 4 was a massive hit) and never truly lived up to the hype of Res 4. In my honest opinion they sold out to make more money and break into the COD target audience (12-16 year males) with action, action, action. Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different playable characters (where lets be honest 95 of us just wanted to play as Leon and maybe the other 5% as Chris) and more quick time events then you could handle. It seems they are just more interested in making a action based game for the yung'uns to make money then making a horror survival for a smaller audience.

You would think they would of learnt their mistake with Res 5 but nope they saw that it took loads of money so decided to stick with that action horror genre (and even calling it action 'HORROR' is being grateful)

If you enjoy playing as characters you don't care about and you have to have action every 2 seconds and just wanna shot some zombars then go for it, this is the game for you.

If you are a fan of the series (well until Res4 that is) then i suggest that you don't go anywhere near it as Capcom are not catering for your needs anymore.

They had such potential with Leon & maybe Chris that they could of done something so much better but as i read from a critic on this very website that apparently 600 people went into making this game then it is literally like a game where they didn't know what direction they wanted to take so just chucked random stuff together and then went "taaa daaaa" "please buy this game, we have explosions and quick time events for all you kiddies that don't have to work out any puzzles or even think a little"

i get frustrated because they had it all and once again like EA they wanted to make as much money as possible and stick two fingers up at you..

I apologize for keep repeating myself about the action and quick time events but imagine Res 1 when you first encounter the dogs through the windows in the hall way or the Licker on the ceiling or either res 2 with the zombies at the beginning or that bastard on the bus and it was all quick time events and you had to press the shoulder buttons to move left and right, it wouldn't feel the same now would it. They dumbed it down and made it in to a movie and lets be honest who gives a f about Jake or whats her name.
  23. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  24. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  25. Jan 2, 2015
    This game is just bad; completely unplayable. Camera and controls are horrible. I enjoyed RE4 and RE5 despite being shooters, but RE6 is mediocre.

Stay away from this turd and save your money.
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    I am gonna get right to the point and not waste your time. If you are looking for an outstanding survival horror game, leave this page and go play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you are looking for a game that successfully blends action and horror, again get off this page and go play Dead Space 2. Now, you are probably wondering if this is at least a solid action game. After spending 33I am gonna get right to the point and not waste your time. If you are looking for an outstanding survival horror game, leave this page and go play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you are looking for a game that successfully blends action and horror, again get off this page and go play Dead Space 2. Now, you are probably wondering if this is at least a solid action game. After spending 33 hours with this gigantic mess of a game, I can tell you with no exaggeration that this is a poor action game. As a die-hard RE fan, I really want to be somewhat generous, so let's start with the positives. The cutscenes and story are fabulous and mesmerizing. The enemy design is easily superior to most games out there. Furthermore, the graphics and shadow effects are truly well done and slightly better than its predecessor. Annnnnd that's it. Those are the positives. Now I really want to sum up the negatives with just one sentence if you don't mind: Ahem...The camera is poorly designed, quick-time events ruin immersion and annoy the living crap out of you, level design is utterly boring and uninspired, AI is mostly pathetic, horribly mediocre setpieces, horrible pacing, very annoying scripted events that screw you over each time, and finally the controls just don't fit a game like this. Overall, it is one massively disappointing entry in the Resident Evil series, a series I have loved for such a long time. It is not a good horror game (not scary in the slightest), it is not a good action game, and it is a very very poor Resident Evil game. Is it fun sometimes? Sure. Is it memorable? Kind of but definitely not in a good way. Not recommended. Expand
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    An absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currentlyAn absolute mess of a game, you call this "Resident Evil"? what a horrible, HORRIBLE joke, this is nothing more than a cookie cutter, linear scripted third person shooter with HORRID controls, a HORRIBLE aiming system, a MASSIVE over reliance on crappy Quick Time Events, a LOAD of boring endurance rounds (hold out until the chopper arrives!) and the list goes on. The people currently giving this game high scores are the EXACT same people that will be bored of the game in a few days, there's no replay value, WHY ON EARTH would you want o play through this game a second time when it's SO horribly scripted and linear? what's the point? it's garbage! the general game design is BAD.

Can't wait for people to beat their current stage of denial and come to terms with their buyers remorse, and then start complaining about the game, but here's the kicker, THE GAME IS GOING TO SELL AMAZINGLY, well done guys! because we all love crappy linear action shooting games don't we? Unbelievable, it's just a huge shame that this had to happen to one of my favourite, and one of the most UNIQUE franchises out there, it's a shadow of its former self and a rip off of every modern shooter currently on the market, there's FAR too many games like this already, things need to change otherwise games will CONTINUE to be like this, Capcom see the trend people! DO something to change it.
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    This is just terrible. I used to be the biggest Capcom and RE fan ever, but I wont be buying another Resident Evil game after this one. The last Resident Evil game was total garbage (raccoon city) and this really isn't any better. I wish I had never bought it. I rarely trade games in but I'll be taking this game back to gamestop today.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    Alright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting thisAlright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting this game, as i did with Final Fantasy 13, Silent Hill homecoming, and this is where it ends for me, RE6 has ruined the series for me and im done with it. Im sticking with games that are actually good, dead space, Bioshock and fallout are games series i can count on. Expand
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    this game sucks, i never go by the reviews of any website but i should have waited to see how it fared it but didnt do it. so i went last night n stood up in line for an hour to get this game i even missed work to play all day. this was the worse game of the year. i feel robbed.
  32. Oct 3, 2012
    The worst gaming experience of the current generation. Is a shame. I threw the money making this purchase. capcom ripped me off. Never again buy a numerical game saga
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONEWhere is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONE other person. Survival horror is **** dead. I have little to no hope in it's miraculous resurrection with Dead Space 3. You **** maggots with your swag and your YOLO, and your 3 second twitch-reactionary, call of duty clone, shallow, soulless, corporate bile, gaming appetites have desecrated another great series. Having actually given the game a fair honest chance, 40+ hours of an honest chance, I can say with complete genuine sincerity that this game can be a very entertaining co-op romp, bursting with "features" and "modes", and the graphics are as close to top-notch as consoles will permit, however, if you're looking for any remnant of a real "RESIDENT EVIL" game, you're in for soul crushing disappointment. It's a mediocre action game at best, albeit a very uninspired and cowardly action game, at best. Survival horror was and is my favorite gaming genre, but it's also a genre that's been on life-support for some time now. The first Dead Space gave me hope, and the second one was pretty good too. Survival horror used to be a genre exclusively for the hardcore, intelligent, adult gamer who would be forcefully thrown, alone, into a mature world where every closed door could open into your impending death at the hands of some unnameable horror. This genre has always been a niche (minority) gaming genre with loyal fans, however, major AAA gaming corporation (like Capcom) realize that the fanbase for such games is relatively low, so to make more money they must cater to the "casual" gamers, kids, college bros, fps fanboys, overly protective mothers, etc., by turning the pure horror element into a call of duty style, run-and-gun, over-the-top, action, co-op, multiplayer, leaderboard infested, perversion of an original idea. Essentially, they must reach the widest demographic possible to make the most money (because they've done studies that show that the average consumer's attention span is lower than ever and call of duty/FPS games sell right now), so they let every possible money making influence stick their dicks in the original idea pie, resulting in something like RESIDENT EVIL 6. No horror to be had, but tons of visual pleasing, run-and-gun, call of duty inspired, action packed, co-op moments, and any mentioning of survival horror influence laden therein just makes me **** sick. I have nothing against people who find these polished turds entertaining, because it ultimately comes down to how much you value your time. Some people's entertainment time is nothing more than to simply kill time between working and sleeping. I value my gaming time as if it were an artform, and I appreciate all the subtle nuances, mechanics, underlying plots, inspirations, symbolism, subtle references, etc. My gaming time is sacred, and I'll only spend my money on the highest caliber of art within my set of subjective genre preferences, which happens to be the one getting the shaft at the moment; survival horror. It's a bad joke, and it's literally at your expense. I know a lot of you want the game to be good so badly that you're willing to find any possible rationalization to convince yourself that this game is still worthy of the title on the disk, but it's not. I've done my grieving for the series a long time ago, and it may take some of you fans a little bit longer to wake up to the truth and realize that what you once cherished has now mutated into something uninspired, unoriginal, and bloated. Maybe some of you have noticed already...Go ahead, pour your 30-40 hours in, beat all the difficulties, get your achievements/trophies, then head to MULTIPLAYER, patiently await overpriced DLC that you can throw more of your money at, like a sad tired junkie waiting for the next placebo fix. If anyone granting this game a positive review is even half of the fan they may claim to be, then I know with near certainty that they too must be as upset over this soulless trash as I am. How could they not be? They may not want to admit it now for various reasons, but in time, it will sink in. On the inside, true fans everywhere are reeling in a feeling of deep repulsion and betrayal, and the numerous list of growing negative user-reviews reflects that. Something's horribly wrong here...Here's a surefire litmus-test to tell a "real" fan of the series from the fake ones, the one's whose only knowledge of the game is from #4 forward, ask them if they know what an "ink ribbon" is, and more importantly, if they've ever used one! BOTTOM LINE: I give it a one in memorandum of the name on the disk. They should change the name. Expand
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    I should of known better. This is not resident evil. After playing for one day, I returned it. It's got plenty of qte action(not for me) , where is the horror? Short answer not in this game. Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one. Resident evil went from top tier to gutter trash. Avoid at all costs.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    It seems they looked at what made games like cod sell and decided to throw everything out that made the originals amazing, and dump in some half assed components familiar with action games, which they didn't even get right either.
    If your idea of fun is a broken camera, dull visuals,a thrown together story, quick time events every 5 steps and zombies that now use cover and fire weapons, then maybe you will get 10 minutes of fun out of this.
    Though if you expect it to be anything like past resident evil games, you will be in for quite a shock.
    RE6 and capcom are an insult on gaming in general.
  36. Oct 4, 2012
    if you like re6, then you should be ashamed of yourself. i'll quickly list the issues with this game.

dated, messy inventory. abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski ) horribly implemented cover system disgusting inaccurate hit detection more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs terrible AI that is comparable to ORC bland, uninspired

dated, messy inventory.

abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski )

horribly implemented cover system

disgusting inaccurate hit detection

more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs

terrible AI that is comparable to ORC

bland, uninspired level design

terrible camera that has even given people motion sickness

clunky, unpolished controls

incoherent focus of game design ( it's either uncharted, gears of war. or heavy rain )

incoherent story that quite frankle loses focus
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are looking for a survival horror game, Resident Evil 6 is not that game. Is a action game, a very bad and poor action game. Is a marketing ploy call the game Resident Evil. Buying new is a waste of money.
  38. Oct 4, 2012
    The biggest dissapoint of 2012,Capcom has lost it. Capcom should play the first three and see how its done, the controls are better and more responsive in the old ones then this turd. Don't forget the cheap deaths that give you no warning, WTF Capcom!!! Give us more new characters no one gives a **** about.

What about Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Jill, Claire and Carlos ? Stop watching the RE movies Capcom they are horrible just like this game.
  39. Oct 4, 2012
    There is no atmosphere, there is no challenge, it shoots only. The game is boring. Where is the true Resident Evil? It 's so difficult to realize?
    Resident Evil is dead. Capcom is dead.
    Capcom, think more fans and less money.
  40. Oct 4, 2012
    The one redeeming quality... was that this came with Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica. This was absolutely terrible, and other than the character names, really had nothing to do with the Resident Evil franchise.
  41. Oct 5, 2012
    Another fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in theAnother fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in the past. The only positives I can mention are that the game actually boots when you put it in your system, and that the co-op isn't a complete lag fest. Expand
  42. Oct 6, 2012
    Olviden que este título nos trae el terror, horror, puzzles y muchas otras cosas que prometió Capcom para esta entrega. Resident Evil 6 sigue el camino que Mikami arrojó en RE4, pero con una ejecución que deja mucho que desear.

Ahora solo corremos por un pasillo con puntos de auto-guardado, 0 exploración, con puzzles simplones, que solo están puestos en el juego para poder llevar el nombre de Resident Evil y recordarnos que alguna vez esta serie nos dejó pegados durante días frente al televisor, tratando de pasar por un lugar.

Un juego que, si no hubiese sido por la opción de jugar en cooperativo, seguramente hubiese mandado de inmediato al carajo, en serio
  43. Oct 6, 2012
    Where to start!?
    This is one of the worst game I have ever played!
    I'm a big RE fan and have played all RE games. All the aspects are so bad! I have finished Leon and almost Chris.
    Don't buy this game, specially if You are a RE fan.
  44. Oct 7, 2012
    More joystick waggle than a loose wrist with a Wiimote. I was surprised that the final boss wasn't the in-game camera, but maybe they're saving that for the next lackluster sequel.
  45. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Complete rubbish and 30+ plus hours I'lll never get back, resident evil 6 it a testament to NOT what to do when making video games regardless of genre or pedigree. Clunky controls and more quick time events than human beings on this earth, the convoluted story and broken gameplay mechanics make 2006's Sonic the hedgehog look like sega knew what they were actually doing. This title my friends represents the DOWNFALL of the gaming industry and any quality associated with it. Positives would be you could burn this disc in a pile for heat during those cold winter months. Expand
  46. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can get over the gameplay changes throughout the series, even the n00b level of playing that it has become... but the one thing i cannot stand is ruining to Canon storyline. C-virus? really? magically creating everything that all the old virus's and parasites used to make? i mean seriously running through the game with Leon, only encountering Zombies. Somehow Chris and Jake never encounter a single Zombie in the same city, and only encounter J'avo (seriously c-virus made these? hmm well guess las plagas just went extinct didnt they?). This newest game completely destroys the Resident Evil story just like those crappy movies they keep making. Don't forget capcom you can re-use the T-virus, G-virus, T+G virus, the T-leeches, T-veronica virus, Weskers Virus, Progenitor Virus, T-abyss virus, and oh i dunno the 5 or 6 parasite species you introduced. When you actually look at all 7 character playthroughs. the story is short, very short, so i guess it makes sense that they were lazy and decided to make a game with Zombies and J'avo's (poor rip offs of your own mijini's and los ganados) being created with the C-virus. Oh wait i just remembered the ripoffs of left 4 dead monsters as the zombies mutations. In my opinion the games are getting lazier and lazier in their storytelling. It used to be puzzles and special items to defeat unique bosses. And if you didnt have a special poison for a plant mutation of something, you got the "you are dead" screen, until you actually figured out what to do. This whole holding your hand throughout the game, and dropping the entire story without doing any sort of special digging. Go back to survival horror capcom, and try to actually incorporate any newer releases with your classic survival horror feel. Not saying go back completely, just try to evolve the old feelings of the games into a modern game. Not turning into a shoot, smash, grab, and run game. Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2012
    Okay, What the hell happened right?
    Well first lets set somethings straight , the 0 is a protest vote I would actually give the game a rating of somewhere between 4-5 because it is a functional piece of software in the same way that if in a restaurant I was served a rotten , worm infested fish it is still technically edible and therefore "food" but I digress
    I am a longtime resident evil
    Okay, What the hell happened right?
    I am a longtime resident evil fan..played 1-3 CV 4 5 And 6.. I thought 4 was a masterpiece and loved every second of it and was a sublime blend of action and horror, 5 diluted the horror but was still a good game.. But..what the hell happened in 6?
    Its is shockingly bad..the story builds up well until the grand mystery is revealed and then..well its not even a story..It is literally " I am bad guy..rawr..i must destroy world" Lean and co: " No! we will stop you" bam there you go the entire resi 6 plot..just add in a few thousand explosions( I mean literally omg i dont think you go 1 minute in this game without an explosion you just become null to all the action after the first 30mins ).
    The shooting feels totally off ,the guns have no impact and aren't very fun to shoot. The inventory system has been totally retarded , absolutely NO gun upgrading...zombies / javo are too fast which means you have no time to line up head shots and conserve ammo, so you end up just mashing melee which is boring as hell..
    Graphics are just crap...awesome in some places but only those that were in demo footage before..all the filler areas have ps2 level textures...Boss fights suck, same guy,same boss fight..exact actual same in each campaign.
    On a plus note the voice acting and cutscenes are all amazingly well made..very impressive and kudos to whatever department was in charge of making them.. However the gameplay is just...just boring..some of the set pieces are alright..some are bland others annoying..but never ever anywhere approachable to good.
    And the last thing i must mention.. Quick time events...holy christ.. It feels like this game has more qtes than heavy rain..its insane..and there all poorly done..they dont relate to what your character is doing well so it mostly feels like " press a to continue with this cut scene "..this game may have literally killed qte's forever
    I'm really interested to see who directed this game as I cannot believe it is the same people who made the 4/5..The fact stands that as a resident evil game..with that sort of heritage it is abysmal..but even by the standards of games today it is Horrific..comparable to duke nukem forever.. the only saving grace are the cut scene's quality.. which are mostly shown in all the trailers and why I believe alot of people will be tricked into buying this crap...the actual game itself though is just terrible.
    I have no faith in the creators ability to save this series either..If something this bad could get through capcoms quality control then I will be very cautious before I buy another resi title or even capcom title
  48. Oct 7, 2012
    It feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad butIt feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad but if your playing with two people then if the second player wants to change their perks they must go through it. Then if you want to change your perks the first player must sign out and then have the second player go through the menus, then sign back in. It also sucks that there is only one mutiplayer map and if you want to play the others you must beat 2 campaigns, thats like 10 hours just to unlock a new map. There are so many other things which just suck, when your split screen friend dies you must watch them fall to the ground on your screen and cant see what your player is doing. The bosses have weak points but good luck trying to find them without looking it up online or dying. The game gives absolutely no back story, I have no idea whats going on, and the more I play the less I care. The settings and enemies are just so ridiculous and boring (shark, dinosaur, snake, fly). The cover system is pathetic, and has absolutely no use.

The mercenaries mode is really fun tho.
  49. Oct 8, 2012
    I have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you haveI have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you have already played most of this in the beginning of the game, or until you realize that you are fighting the same guy over and over. I don't care if it's Capcom or anyone else, I really don't care who puts what out there and calls it a game, but if it's a piece of ****, then I am going to call it a piece of ****. Read the highest reviews and they even agree that it's nowhere near a 10 but they feel they have to give it a high rating to make up for all the low scores. Really, what is the point of rating something if you feel that you have defend it for the poor product it really is? I have always been the type of person who if it smells like ****, looks likes ****, then it must be ****., and this game is ****. Don't post if you haven't even played the game and especially if you have to give it a higher rating than you really feel it deserves. The reviews DONT LIE, over 2,600 negative reviews to 260 positive, are you seriously trying to say that 10 times the people have got it wrong and you are right? I'm not a hater of RE6, but when you produce something this bad and charge people $65 dollars, I feel they should know what they aren't getting for their money. $15 would be a fair price for what you get with this game. Capcom may have spent countless amounts promoting this game, but I think that you will see sales dwindle and people actually telling the game world that we want more and not some troll of a game. Expand
  50. Oct 8, 2012
    This has to be the worst Resident Evil ever released in the canon. See I don't really care that all the magic and horror is gone, I could enjoy a decent third person shooter. However, this game is so blatantly generic and bad it's impossible to like it. The game deserves a 0 because it's more frustrating than fun. Basically the QTEs is what's ruining it.
  51. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE 6 really sucks, i mean this game that they call RE 6 is awfull. Capcom didnt have the balls to change the name of the game cuz they have no criativity at all. I am very disapointed. I was expecting the game of the year, but instead i got the worse RE game ever. The game is a movie. Just a lot of bullshi* with some good old fashioned zombies. And by the way, what da fuc* is that when you kill a zombie and it just evaporates or just go undergound. WHAAAT?? The game have good controls and mechanics thou, but its suckness overcomes the good stuff about the game. DONT BUY IT! Expand
  52. Oct 8, 2012
    God this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designedGod this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designed years ago. The story and game play is bland and boring and and all blurs into on another. You just want it to end. The game can be played on cruise control. Not a satisfactory ending either. O the zombies magically dissolve into the ground too ........ and humans transform into T rex, scorpions and transform back again. If I want to play transformers I will buy that game. This game tries to be everything to everyone and trust me, it falls far short in all areas. Horror, shooting, action, story, graphics. game play, all well below acceptable standards. They only have the main characters back to fool people into trying to invest in their stories. The c virus is laughable with what it does.

I wish I had spent my money on something else. Please anyone who reads this wait for a massive price drop and a apology from Capcom for making you go through the torture of playing it. You fooled me this time Capcom, let's see will you fool me into buying res evil 7 early next time. Answer is no.
  53. Oct 9, 2012
    Capcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just druggedCapcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just drugged up whores that are bruised and pushed by their pimps. That is what happens when the money starts to hurt. Japan's Capcom has turned it's beautiful flowers into drug pushing street hookers that have turned ugly. You can still make good creations when money is tight. I remember I was in a japanese museum that had an artistic box created out of rope and red wax by a prisoner for 20 years and it was beautiful. It just takes care, not money. RE6 is just careless. It was such a traumatizing experience that I was careless at work and ended up losing my job last week. I was so distraught that my favorite series has turned so bad that I lost my job... The game has nothing that makes sense. The whole game feels very uncomfortable, from the lighting to the artwork, to the sounds, to every choice of the game. It is a very disjointed game. And I am glad I rented it for $2 at redbox as opposed to actually buying my pre-ordered copy at gamestop. Expand
  54. Oct 10, 2012
    Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!
  55. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  56. Oct 11, 2012
    Esto no es un Resident Evil, es una mezcla mala de Call of Duty y Gears of war. La an cagado mucho con este juego, yo no lo voy a comprar por que no lo merece.
  57. Oct 28, 2012
    I will go ahead and admit that I only got about 20-30 minutes in before shutting it off. That being said, here are my opinions:
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics - Great Audio Cons: - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game; - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes; - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one
    Pros:
    - Beautiful graphics
    - Great Audio
    Cons:
    - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game;
    - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes;
    - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one point there's a video just so one character can say "something's not right");
    - Even when you have the controls, it's not great: at the beginning you have to walk down a hallway; I wanted to look around (just because, you know, I'm playing a new game and wanna check it out) but no matter what direction I pointed the control, the character walked forward;
    - When the actual *game* begins, your character only walks - very slowly; once you're capable of running, the character randomly slows back to a walk, then back to running, then back to the very slow walking;
    - At one point the character has to chase a person in a ballroom, but the game creates a frustrating illusion of difficulty by putting chairs in the way, which you can't jump over - that's not difficulty, that's just inflating the amount of time it takes to get to the other side of the room;
    - There's a second character that comes with you, which is probably a great idea for co-op, but I don't understand why I need to babysit a random person during a single player game; does my character really need a 100 lb girl to help him open doors? (Literally, as some doors don't have the normal "Press 'A' to open" prompt, but a "Press 'B' to open the doors together" prompt...really, is that what 'variety' means to the developers?)
  58. Oct 30, 2012
    This game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of theThis game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of the resident evil series let alone have a clue as to what makes a game enjoyable. Fancy graphics and pretty cinematics don't make a game good, the gameplay is atrocious. I thought they would have fixed all the mistakes of resident evil five with this release but they made the same mistakes and many more don't buy this game, and if you have email capcom and demand a refund. We cant let these companies take our money with no repercussions . These are the games major flaws.
    -bad controls
    -horrible camera
    -**** partner ai
    - enemies have infinite ammo yet ammo is scarce for the player
    -cut scenes interrupt gameplay also QTEs suck
    -cant save when you want making you have to replay areas and watch the same cut scenes
    -enemies can take entire clips and don't go down yet a couple kicks kill them everytime
    - cant run while using the navigator
    -to dark
    -horrible cover system ( come on capcom gears and uncharted have this system mastered what gives?)

Overall this game is a **** gears of war clone and sadly it will still sell because the same idiots that buy call of duty every year will buy this garbage, and the fans already bought it and feel like rape victims now.
  59. Dec 12, 2012
    Ein gutes action Spiel, aber ein schlechtes Resident Evil. Enttäuschender Teil.
    A good action game, but a bad Resident Evil. Disappointing part of the game series.
  60. Dec 16, 2012
    CHEESY PEACE OF CAKE, I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I COULD EVEN EAT A CAKE WITH MY YELLOW TEETH AND CRY... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE GAMES, C*APCOM! GOODLUCK
  61. Feb 17, 2013
    Most times, you here as a counter argument: "Resident Evil changed, it isn't what it used to be. Don't compare it with the old parts!" Well, I don't! Resident Evil 6 is a very bad stand alone Game and bored the hell out of me!
  62. Apr 23, 2013
    Well, this is enough for me, I have been watching (and playing) since resident evil 4 how they turned the franchise into the crappiest of the crappiest and I cant take it anymore. So I will forget about Resident Evil forever.

And to the users that are giving this abortion of a game high notes sayin things like there is a ton of explosions, new zombies and monsters, graphics, and all, you dont have any idea what a game is, let alone a survival horror game.

And this folks is the future of mainstream games, I only trust that initiatives like kickstarter can bring us games like the used to be because if not, I'll give up gaming and start just reading books.
  63. Apr 18, 2013
    I will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. TheI will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. The game consists of three campaigns all revolving around the same plot i shan't spoil much for anyone interested in picking this up. The game seems to be trying to cross the original RE4 format with a game like gears of war and it doesn't work the controls are clunky and unresponsive and instead of tension building up and the tension that every enemy could kill you instantly we have full on firefights which shouldn't be happening coming from a survival horror game the enemies are mediocre with the same guys with the same guns all the time you never really feel under threat and the game is incredibly easy even on professional difficulty Despite the game having three campaigns they are all almost identical and by the time i was playing through the third one i was just playing through the same game for a third time. The game has some good moments which remind you that you are playing a resident evil game and not something like gears of war but it isn't worth the asking price i would seriously give this a miss and play through RE4 again it is a far Superior game on all accounts Expand
  64. Jan 2, 2014
    I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

Resident evil as a franchise did so well in the early years of leaving you to your own devices often with a chess piece, a knife and a square crank and it gave you little to no direction as to what to do next. It was intriguing, exciting, and a tense experience which left me completing the first 3 (4 was okay) games over and over again.

This game gives you guns, explosions, cut scenes and bottle feeds you set piece after set piece. It just felt like I was going through the motions, often reading Facebook on my phone whilst the cut scenes played out occasionally hitting a button so that the game knew I was still awake.

The bits of the game play that I was allowed to get involved with were generally good, that is the minute and a half of game play inbetween button bashing, set pieces and monologues.

I played the demo and thought this would be okay, Leon's campaign was borderline good, but the others were so abysmally poor/ unplayable I cant't score this higher than 1.

I regret that this game will be the last Resident Evil Game I purchase. It has destroyed the franchise for me.
  65. Feb 10, 2014
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The Haos Chamber is a chaos, I can't tell which direction I'm going with the camera moving like that.
    They are too much QTEs in the game, though that didn't really effect how I feel in gaming. The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just one run through Haos Chamber and you can tell how bad fixed camera can do in action games
  66. May 15, 2014
    Congratulations. This isn't just the worst resident evil game ever created, this is one of the worst games i've played in recent history. RE games are starting to go downhill very quickly. 5 wasn't good, but it was at least playable. This is just absolute trash, and Capcom should be ashamed to even have their name associated with this pile.
  67. Dec 30, 2014
    This shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in thatThis shooter is awful in many aspects: Camera is uncomfortable, movements are clunky, the inventory is a pain in the ass to handle, aiming is uncomfortable, health recovery is barely understandable... Besides that, the game is extremely boring, Some stages in Chris' campaign are pathetic with soldiers and tanks or annoying car chases. The graphics are meh, even RE5 is better in that aspect.

68. Jan 25, 2015
    RE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make itRE 6 is so bad to the extent of being offensive. When I first played it I had the feeling that I was playing Duke Nukem or some old shooter game. This game is a massive flop that is even difficult to play. It is also dull and full of disgusting QTEs and unnecessary cutscenes. The only fun thing about it, is that you can hit your partner in several funny ways, but that doesn't make it worthy of a score above 0. Expand

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.