5.0

1. Oct 8, 2012
    I have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you have already played most of this in the beginning of the game, or until you realize that you are fighting the same guy over and over. I don't care if it's Capcom or anyone else, I really don't care who puts what out there and calls it a game, but if it's a piece of ****, then I am going to call it a piece of ****. Read the highest reviews and they even agree that it's nowhere near a 10 but they feel they have to give it a high rating to make up for all the low scores. Really, what is the point of rating something if you feel that you have defend it for the poor product it really is? I have always been the type of person who if it smells like ****, looks likes ****, then it must be ****., and this game is ****. Don't post if you haven't even played the game and especially if you have to give it a higher rating than you really feel it deserves. The reviews DONT LIE, over 2,600 negative reviews to 260 positive, are you seriously trying to say that 10 times the people have got it wrong and you are right? I'm not a hater of RE6, but when you produce something this bad and charge people $65 dollars, I feel they should know what they aren't getting for their money. $15 would be a fair price for what you get with this game. Capcom may have spent countless amounts promoting this game, but I think that you will see sales dwindle and people actually telling the game world that we want more and not some troll of a game. Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    This has to be the worst Resident Evil ever released in the canon. See I don't really care that all the magic and horror is gone, I could enjoy a decent third person shooter. However, this game is so blatantly generic and bad it's impossible to like it. The game deserves a 0 because it's more frustrating than fun. Basically the QTEs is what's ruining it.
  3. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE 6 really sucks, i mean this game that they call RE 6 is awfull. Capcom didnt have the balls to change the name of the game cuz they have no criativity at all. I am very disapointed. I was expecting the game of the year, but instead i got the worse RE game ever. The game is a movie. Just a lot of bullshi* with some good old fashioned zombies. And by the way, what da fuc* is that when you kill a zombie and it just evaporates or just go undergound. WHAAAT?? The game have good controls and mechanics thou, but its suckness overcomes the good stuff about the game. DONT BUY IT! Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    God this game is shocking. Many people have said it and I am going to say it too. Waste of money. This is not a horror game but a poor shoot them up/ action game when there is so many other good games in this category out there to buy that a far worthy of money spent on them. When you put res evil 6 side by side with them, this game is crappy that looks and feels as if it was designed years ago. The story and game play is bland and boring and and all blurs into on another. You just want it to end. The game can be played on cruise control. Not a satisfactory ending either. O the zombies magically dissolve into the ground too ........ and humans transform into T rex, scorpions and transform back again. If I want to play transformers I will buy that game. This game tries to be everything to everyone and trust me, it falls far short in all areas. Horror, shooting, action, story, graphics. game play, all well below acceptable standards. They only have the main characters back to fool people into trying to invest in their stories. The c virus is laughable with what it does.

I wish I had spent my money on something else. Please anyone who reads this wait for a massive price drop and a apology from Capcom for making you go through the torture of playing it. You fooled me this time Capcom, let's see will you fool me into buying res evil 7 early next time. Answer is no.
  5. Oct 9, 2012
    I am so monumentally disappointed with this game. I have been a fan of Resident Evil for years, played all the games and this is by far the worst. It doesn't even feel like a game - Chris and Jake's campaigns consist of running pointlessly from one cut-scene to the next. Playing this game is like being an extra in a poorly written movie.

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is
    not too bad. Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2012
    Capcom has officially committed seppuku. Japan is usually only one thing: Beautiful. All other countries besides France and Italy are more function vs. beauty, but anything out of Japan is both Beauty and fun, with an emphasis on beauty. Which is why all of their Resident Evil games were great. They were beautiful in story and in appearance, and in spirit, but now they are just drugged up whores that are bruised and pushed by their pimps. That is what happens when the money starts to hurt. Japan's Capcom has turned it's beautiful flowers into drug pushing street hookers that have turned ugly. You can still make good creations when money is tight. I remember I was in a japanese museum that had an artistic box created out of rope and red wax by a prisoner for 20 years and it was beautiful. It just takes care, not money. RE6 is just careless. It was such a traumatizing experience that I was careless at work and ended up losing my job last week. I was so distraught that my favorite series has turned so bad that I lost my job... The game has nothing that makes sense. The whole game feels very uncomfortable, from the lighting to the artwork, to the sounds, to every choice of the game. It is a very disjointed game. And I am glad I rented it for $2 at redbox as opposed to actually buying my pre-ordered copy at gamestop. Expand
  7. Oct 10, 2012
    Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!Aptal capcom efsane seriyi ne hale getirdin lanet olsun size!
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  9. Oct 11, 2012
    Esto no es un Resident Evil, es una mezcla mala de Call of Duty y Gears of war. La an cagado mucho con este juego, yo no lo voy a comprar por que no lo merece.
  10. Nov 9, 2012
    First, i will star with the good points

Good points: The history is great, the characters charisma its outstanding, the controls are great, the agent hunt mode is very fun, and the play time is very long, the mosters are cool.

Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has
    nothing of survival horror. Expand
  11. Oct 13, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It is a game that has no identity, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But many are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a true Resident Evil that lives up to that name.
  12. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the
    latter the biggest **** ever. Expand
  13. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  14. Oct 12, 2012
    True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL: Los verdaderos fans de esta saga son los que critican duramente esta nueva entrega y nó los que la defienden. Y la explicación es bien sencilla, esta nueva entrega no puede considerarse un "Biohazard", porque sencillamente carece de las bases para poder serlo. Biohazard se caracterizaba por ser un título de terror, un título de supervivencia. Es decir, un Survival Horror y no un mal shooter con un pésimo control. Expand
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord.
    Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game.
  17. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  18. Nov 3, 2012
    Very disappointing game. It is not a survival horror. I think capcom has ruined this game unless they switch it back. Just a retarded game. Rent before you buy because you will thank me later.
  19. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  20. Oct 16, 2012
    After trying this at Redbox, I am so glad I didn't buy it. I had to go back and play RE5 after this, to remember what a decent RE5 game was like. Alas, the days of good games are gone, like Unreal Tournament, Half Life, Perfect Dark, and RE 1 and 2. How I miss those days...sob.
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    I loved Resident evil 1-4! This latest installment is a stain on a great series. Why Capcom! why have you forgotten the fans that made you... 4 /10 is generous and is only because the game in payable and not broken.
  22. Oct 27, 2012
    This game isn't about horror, it is a f*king dudgery! You have to labour through a mess to another mess, an inch by an inch while trying to figure out the convoluted controls, sometimes you wish to rather use your teeth, and then out of nowhere you died in most helpless fashion because the camera is so clunky.

Upon finishing every chapter, you feel no accomplishment, but bitter, anger,
    dizziness, and exhaustion. This game literately made me dust off my gamecube and play RE4 again.Jesus Capcom, what the hell were you thinking? Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2012
    Playing the resident evil franchise has been amazing over the years however this game is just terrible I'd only advise buying it when the price comes down to £5. There has been a huge decline in quality since RE4 in this series I'm not saying RE5 was a bad game but it didn't live up to RE4 capcom have seemed to ignore what the fans want. They have strayed to far from the survival horror genre and hopefully all theese bad reviews will show what the fan base wants. Expand
  24. Oct 28, 2012
    I will go ahead and admit that I only got about 20-30 minutes in before shutting it off. That being said, here are my opinions: Pros: - Beautiful graphics - Great Audio Cons: - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game; - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes; - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one point there's a video just so one character can say "something's not right");
    - Even when you have the controls, it's not great: at the beginning you have to walk down a hallway; I wanted to look around (just because, you know, I'm playing a new game and wanna check it out) but no matter what direction I pointed the control, the character walked forward;
    - When the actual *game* begins, your character only walks - very slowly; once you're capable of running, the character randomly slows back to a walk, then back to running, then back to the very slow walking;
    - At one point the character has to chase a person in a ballroom, but the game creates a frustrating illusion of difficulty by putting chairs in the way, which you can't jump over - that's not difficulty, that's just inflating the amount of time it takes to get to the other side of the room;
    - There's a second character that comes with you, which is probably a great idea for co-op, but I don't understand why I need to babysit a random person during a single player game; does my character really need a 100 lb girl to help him open doors? (Literally, as some doors don't have the normal "Press 'A' to open" prompt, but a "Press 'B' to open the doors together" prompt...really, is that what 'variety' means to the developers?)
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    If this game was under a different title I would give it 5/10 as it is a pretty mediocre third person shooter, but I think it is unfair of Capcom for trying to cash in on the success of a once great survival horror game by trying to trick people into thinking that this bland corridor-shooter has anything to do with the previous games other than a few plot references. I was a die-hard resident evil fan in the past, I will not be spending any more money on this series now that it is in generic shooter territory. Expand
  26. Oct 30, 2012
    This game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of the resident evil series let alone have a clue as to what makes a game enjoyable. Fancy graphics and pretty cinematics don't make a game good, the gameplay is atrocious. I thought they would have fixed all the mistakes of resident evil five with this release but they made the same mistakes and many more don't buy this game, and if you have email capcom and demand a refund. We cant let these companies take our money with no repercussions . These are the games major flaws.
    -bad controls
    -horrible camera
    -**** partner ai
    - enemies have infinite ammo yet ammo is scarce for the player
    -cut scenes interrupt gameplay also QTEs suck
    -cant save when you want making you have to replay areas and watch the same cut scenes
    -enemies can take entire clips and don't go down yet a couple kicks kill them everytime
    - cant run while using the navigator
    -to dark
    -horrible cover system ( come on capcom gears and uncharted have this system mastered what gives?)

Overall this game is a **** gears of war clone and sadly it will still sell because the same idiots that buy call of duty every year will buy this garbage, and the fans already bought it and feel like rape victims now.
  27. Oct 30, 2012
    I and many other fans it would seem looked forward to this entry especially thanks to the news of leons story. Ahh yes zombies return and the series provides the old fans with something resembling the traditional games that made the series a huge hit to begin with. For graphics the modeling is goid but many textures are just horrible. Look at the cars on the bridge in the beggining of leons playthrough. The insides of the school are perfect but the cars and jet among other things looks like ps1 inserts.

Graphics i can look past but qtes are something that even in a zombie arc leaves me frustrated. And now zombies can carry weapons. Another huge dissapointment. This game series wanted to innovate but what they did actually created a whole new game but stole the re title. I love the shooting mechanics but hate seeing an re game have military game style shootouts with enemies (some) that look more at home in a harry potter movie than re canon. Any company willing to take a popular well loved an established title and change everything alienating a large percentage of there fanbase desearves failure to open there eyes a bit. With the huge success of the walking dead tv series destroying the re movies and same time proving peoplr still LOVE that story setting why did they maje choices that would undenyable seperate there fan base in favor of heavy action gunfights when the series clearlu centers its existing popularity on slow paced zombie out break survival. This proves theu dont care about existing fan base and set standards. Iys all anout changing everything to somethinh unrecognizable to selk on title alone when this could have succeeded as a different title.
  28. Jan 26, 2013
    The Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**king QUICK TIME EVENTS. Every five second PRESS X. The good of the game is the co op and maybe the upcoming multiplayer but RE6 gets this low score because it is so dissapointing. CAPCOM is spiraling downwards. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2012
    All around, this is a disappointment. I loved RE5, but 6 does not live up to that memory. If you want a good action game, play Mass Effect 3. If you want a good survival horror game, play ZombieU. But do not buy RE6, it does a really bad job of trying to mix both genres, and ends up with a horrible conglomeration that fails to impress either way.
  30. Nov 27, 2012
    the game lost its fame and glory from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City but this game is not resident evil is a bad combination of uncharted, left for dead and silent hill
  31. Nov 30, 2012
    A complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaningless things just to make "impressive" action sequences in a action game! You´re insulting the intelligence of the players by doing so! The motive why that works on titles like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem it´s because they´re supposed to be a 80s action movie (they have context) but Resident Evil is the kind of franchise which we (the fans) ACTUALLY CARE about what happens to the main characters, the way that the story is driven and etc. If Capcom thinks that we will kiss her butt by giving us: a regular gameplay; bad camera; horrible partner A.I.; a multiplayer mode that nobody asked for; weakest storyline of the franchise; forgettable secondary characters like Piers; linear levels designed in the most claustrophobic way; millions of disposable quick time events and action sequences... they are wrong. We aren´t stupid, the user score on metacritic is a clear proof of that. Expand
  32. Dec 12, 2012
    Ein gutes action Spiel, aber ein schlechtes Resident Evil. Enttäuschender Teil.
    A good action game, but a bad Resident Evil. Disappointing part of the game series.
  33. Dec 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wouldn't normally write a review based on about 2 hours of playing a game, but I'm at the point where I can't even force myself to carry on with Resident Evil 6.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Resident Evil. I mean, thanks to RE5 - not the best in the series by a long shot, but still an enjoyable experience - I use Wesker's final scream of "CHRIIIIIS!!" as my username on most things now. The first 3 games were great survival horror games, and the only thing that let Code Veronica down was it's cartoony graphic style. RE4 took the series in a great new direction, and RE5 built on that and added a fun co-op mechanic. Then things started going downhill - Operation Raccoon City was painful to play, but I had no idea that the usual Resident Evil team would use that as the basis for RE6!
    Resident Evil 6 is a third-person action game, and a bad one at that. It starts out with a big explosion, and the next thing you know you're running away from exploding cars and flying a damaged helicopter through a big city. Not the best way to draw someone in to what is essentially a zombie game.

As I said at the start of this review, I've only played a couple of hours. The first chapter of Leon's campaign to be precise. And it was such an awful, clunky, Quick Time Event-ridden mess that I straight up refused to carry on. I was killed constantly by trains and cars because the QTE for dodging didn't come up thanks to another QTE for killing a zombie overriding it. It's QTE-ception!
    Anyway, the controls aren't great, despite finally being able to run without holding a button (you still use A to sprint, but it's a start at least). For some reason, the melee attacks are so powerful you can take down a standard zombie in about 3 hits. Each hit stun-locks them as well, making this the go-to approach for thinning the herds. A HUGE departure from ammo-conserving survival horror.

The first chapter of Leon's campaign consisted of a nice, atmospheric run through a dark, almost abandoned college campus. "This is getting better", I thought. WRONG! Jump scares and kicking zombies to death! The kicking part might sound cool, but it's actually pretty boring, and feels rigid when you're actually doing it. The amount of QTEs is too damn high as well. "Quick, tap A! Wiggle the left stick! Press X to not die!" This is not my idea of fun. That being said, the bit where you get in a car and have to search for the keys, start it up, and drive off before the zombies break in and kill you was pretty tense though, and a good way of handling QTEs. Shame about the hundreds of other bad uses of them in this game.
    My interest in the game gradually lessened by the underground section - narrow corridors where you can barely see anything (even with the brightness turned up), trains coming along with very little warning - see the QTE issue I previously mentioned - and zombies literally jumping at you out of the shadows. Sounds fun. Tense, even. Nope. It's painfully dull, and this is where the cheap deaths began.
    Shortly after the awful underground section, you're back on street level. Zombies everywhere, but that's not the problem. Cars come out of nowhere with absolutely no warning or way to tell where they're going to veer off.

After getting flattened by an ambulance whilst getting screamed at by a REALLY ANNOYING enemy a bunch of times, I gave up. I simply wasn't having fun. The game is a chore to play, and so far the story isn't even interesting. I have no reason to carry on with it.

So, the positive things about this game... The graphics are nice, despite being horrendously dark, and the sound design is good, but not the best out there by far. Gameplay is generic and feels like a slightly improved Operation Raccoon City, which isn't a good thing. Story just isn't interesting so far. I can't honestly recommend RE6 to Resident Evil fans, let alone anyone else. If you feel that you absolutely MUST play this game, rent it. Don't waste your money on it.

My 3 out of 10 is based on the graphic/sound design. Like I said, it's pretty good. I can't honestly say a positive thing about the gameplay. It's just that bad.
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    NO FEAR NO RESIDENT. Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  35. Dec 16, 2012
    CHEESY PEACE OF CAKE, I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH I COULD EVEN EAT A CAKE WITH MY YELLOW TEETH AND CRY... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE GAMES, C*APCOM! GOODLUCK
  36. Feb 15, 2013
    great cod clone! better zombies,guns and action... but cod has more and better horror scenes. its a cod clone without horror ;D
  37. Jan 15, 2013
  38. Feb 5, 2013
    The only game in existence that I have ever played that actually makes the recent Call Of Duty games look, well, good, in comparison. I can't comprehend as to how people would give this game a 9 or a 10!. I believe that it honestly deserves a 0, it's one of the very few games that I would give this review score, because it has no redeemable qualities.

The First thing wrong with the
    game is the utterly ridiculous, broken gameplay. It is very obvious Capcom was trying to combine many things generally considered good or likable, such as TPcover (broken) or Co-op (useless pointless). The end result is a game with a confused identity, allowing the player to perform many actions mixing up gameplay elements which would've been a complete game it their own right, failing to deliver on each aspect of gameplay, leading to very terrible, broken gameplay mechanics. Gameplay for all 3 campaigns is the same, believe it or not, the same, just put in a different atmosphere environment. Even as a generic shooter, this game fails to deliver. I'm not critisizing the gameplay because it drifts away from RE. But even if this game did not carry the RE name. It is still terrible gameplay, would probably get around a 20 some score on this website. Lower than Suvivor!!!!
    It is clear Capcom tried to make the game more like left 4 dead with the co-op guantlet style play. Co-op is simply opening doors together. There isn't any kind of teamwork neccessary or even avaliable besides that. It fails even as a zombie shooter, poor balancing issues found in ORC make a return, leading to very minimal fun from shooting zombies.

The other main problem that I will mention is the complete lack of atmosphere. Many people who game the game a good review say that the leon campaign felt very RE like, with the zombies all. I'm here to tell you that's not true, the leon campaign is also the basis of a blockbuster horror movie, involving nothing but shooting zombies. Sure the Chris campaign is like a michael bay film, but the Leon one is like a blockbuster zombie film. Like RE Apocalypse if you will.

I don't usually tend to give games 0's. Only if they lack any kind of redeemability what so ever. RE also suffers from a complete lack of presentation story progression, very little plot or character devlopment, awful controls, an awful camera. It really is terrible, even as a co-op game, character bonding is at a minimal. I am not inpressed.

Review score: 4/100
  39. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less
    like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  40. Feb 17, 2013
    Most times, you here as a counter argument: "Resident Evil changed, it isn't what it used to be. Don't compare it with the old parts!" Well, I don't! Resident Evil 6 is a very bad stand alone Game and bored the hell out of me!
  41. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is so bad it doesn't deserve a long review. This game is borderline broken. Camera is messed up. Controls are messed up. Story is everywhere, sloppy, and poor. Characters are extremely dumbed down now (except Ada... Ada was probably the one thing that kept me going). Replay value is non existent due to the game being so dreadfully boring. After that horrendous playthrough of the game I finally uninstalled it demanded my money back because it kept crashing and never touched multiplayer! DON'T BUY THIS GAME! IT IS AWFUL! 0/10! Expand
  42. Mar 7, 2013
    Another example of a company trying to sell more to a wider audience than just making a good game in one genre. I must give it a low score to counter the idiots giving it a ten to counter the people who don't like it. It's more like a 6.
  43. Mar 1, 2013
    An unforeseen misadventure of a beloved franchise which was renown for being a survival horror with the right degree of action elements to entertain more visceral impulses. Having bought almost all titles of the series, I was disappointed to witness Resident Evil as another victim to commercialization in the gaming industry: simplification of mechanics for accessibility, points-based skill system as the reward-playtime 'incentive', vague genre for mass-appeal, and a rampant pace which has no focus. Resident Evil 6 has not only lost its plot, it has lost the redeeming values which captivated their original audience betraying them in an attempt to expand their marketing horizon with delusional ambition; consequences therein losing both the original audience in the future who supported the franchise and the alluring statistics of potential players who won't be interested since RE6 is a chaotic production.

RE6 is an ambitious disaster.
  44. Mar 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 took the franchise in a more action orientated direction and sadly RE 6 continues that trend. RE 6 is not a survival/horror game, but an all out 3rd person shooter with zombies and monsters, and though a lot of reviewers choose to call that “evolution”, I humbly disagree. As a matter of fact the franchise feels like it has been struck with a serious case of DEvolution to the point where I actually felt like I was playing Dragon’s Lair from 1983.
    I wouldn’t have a problem with an action orientated RE game, if it at least was done well. But RE 6 sadly isn’t. The controls feel inadequate in regard to the action and the number of fights in extremely restrictive areas leads more to confusion than excitement. On top of that, Capcom has somehow managed to make one of the worst and least effective covering systems ever devised, which further compounds the problems of fighting in close quarters. Imagine trying to aim at a monster simply to have your character slam his back against a wall. Yes, you use the same button to aim and cover. Who came up with that brilliant idea? Then there’s the melee. Run up to a badguy and push the attack button, then sit back and enjoy (provided your character actually does the correct attack, which I have observed them to be rather reluctant to do on several occasions). It is rather frustrating to stand right in front of a prone enemy and then watch your character firmly a couple of innocent air molecules rather than do the stomp he was supposed to. Maybe the reason for this is the hitbox. Everything has to be just so… Another situation where this presents itself is with the jumping zombies. Blow a zombies head of at the “wrong” time (when it’s too close) and the now HEADLESS zombie will continue to nibble at your neck with its… now absent head.
    The real problem with this game is in it’s guided “gameplay”. It is very busy guiding the player’s hand from start to finish through mindless shooting and the most absurd amounts of quick-time and scripted events I have ever seen in a game. I found myself wondering if it was time constraint that prevented Capcom from having quick-time events for reloading or taking health, because there sure are quick-times for just about everything else in this game.
    When you are not wiggling your analogstick, pumping a button, or timing a specific button press, you are also kept busy simply holding a button for running and then left to see how the game does EVERYTHING for you.
    I remember a specific boss battle where I practically didn’t do anything at all myself except for the occasional button press.
    We have a word for that, Capcom: INTERACTIVE MOVIE!
    Yes, that is what a lot of this game feels like, especially when you spontaneously die for simply walking in the wrong direction at the wrong time.
    And then there’s the padding; the endless repetitive respawning of bosses which reaches laughable proportions in this game. Constantly respawning bosses in order to prolong the “fight” and the game does not make it exciting. It makes it laughable, and then mindnumblingly boring!
    But let us end this on a positive note.
    The AI in this game is actually a big step up from RE 5 and the decision to loose the micromanagement of your AI buddy is deeply appreciated.
    Other than that, the most exciting thing about this game has to be the death sequences, which are amazingly brutal.
    I cannot in any way recommend this game to even the most dedicated RE fan. This game sadly represents everything that is wrong with the game industry at the moment. It aims for the lowest common denominator and unfortunately manages to hit rock bottom in the process.
  45. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil now is an all out shooter with no feel no puzzles at all only some but they easy to figure out.

Ok so you got this game hoping it be WAY better than RE4 hm guess again they is a lot of detail on character's yes but the game-play itself well it's a lot of panning a button in many cut scenes that you hate to do.

Next thing is all the character's have partners come on I want to feel like Iam lonely this games rubs it in your face totally with a partner, but I feel we don't need them by your side every time.
    (expect Ada which I mostly enjoyed her role and mission as it was a challenge I did it in 5 hours or maybe less but after I went back on her to clean up loose ends again with her guns you got through the 1st play)

Character's
    in game feel heavy I mean they will trip up and fall on the floor by almost everything instead of taking sub stain damage if you got shot many times you fall over come on I want character's to stand up and sub stain damage not roll on the floor, this is poor clumsy work by Cap com.

Bad guys
    mostly zombies and things that transform into big other things, but all character's get other things apart from zombies.

Levels
    are like so not there at all, say you be running from water a lot or the place will just go up in flames a lot and so you be running away from it.
    It annoys me when I have to do that you got merely time to escape then if you don't it's death on your hands.
    Most times you have to go to one place to another then back to where you was to find a key or switch.

And this is so easy too you only follow a marker on screen that TELLS you where to go and shows where a gun is too, come on I want a challenge to finding weapons by myself not by a machine to tell you everything!

Cut scenes
    OH yeah, I need to say this too they is a lot of pressing buttons in cut scenes that makes you wanna run away from these big giants and the camera angle will always change so next minute you could be running up in a wall then next the boss grabs you and you die that's is unheard of, but you got to fight two things here the boss and the annoying camera angle since you can't move the camera in scenes.

Save points
    Er that's out of the question here as you have to wait for a checkpoint to kick in place before you can save game.

Bosses
    This part of the game can go on and on with bosses once you hurt a boss launched it in the sea, guess what it be back for another round then another then another, yawn.

So yeah a half decent game but it could be more fun really like RE4 that was ace!
    Take it from me this game is ridiculous now!

PS if you need a game get Revelations for 3DS that has game play and no annoying cut scenes to mash on with.

A 4 for gam play but it changing to the game's like of Gears of war and Call of duty just blast everything on screen then you're done, yawn so easy.
  46. Apr 23, 2013
    Well, this is enough for me, I have been watching (and playing) since resident evil 4 how they turned the franchise into the crappiest of the crappiest and I cant take it anymore. So I will forget about Resident Evil forever.

And to the users that are giving this abortion of a game high notes sayin things like there is a ton of explosions, new zombies and monsters, graphics, and all,
    you dont have any idea what a game is, let alone a survival horror game.

And this folks is the future of mainstream games, I only trust that initiatives like kickstarter can bring us games like the used to be because if not, I'll give up gaming and start just reading books.
  47. Apr 16, 2013
    Holy crap, what happened? This is coming from a guy who is so obsessed with zombies I have one tattooed on my arm, this game was honestly rubbish. The worst ever in the Resident Evil series. RE 4 was and still is the greatest game of all time, RE 5 was outstanding so surely there's only one play you could go? Down, that's right! What a shame.
  48. Apr 17, 2013
    I will not know why so many people like dis damn game? Good parts: 1. good graphics yes we all like how Leon's hair look in these games frankly that's it 2. can move and shoot now, yeah and jump on the floor if needed to dodge an attack 3. good cut scenes and voice acting is top notch Ok the cons with this game: Cons 1. not scary anymore look at Resident Evil 4 that kind of was
    2. linear game that you can only go forward and not backwards to areas you already went by
    3. mostly of the time you and you're partner got to open doors this makes game a chore boring dull and more I should say? Well you should at least open them by YOURSELF
    4. this is not Resident Evil
    5. the zombies transform into many many many many many forms :D it's like a game gone wrong or they are trying to make other games in one rather than one
    6. the story sucks to the grave really one thing Leon's partner will say so who's this Ada? And Leon says oh no I say later on. Guess what he don't, all the character here does not want to tell nothing when they been asked a damn question. The story will just confuse you a lot here
    7. the levels can be annoying and confusing and dull like Jake's last mission man it's boring you going up in this lift that rotates to A to G and finding how to get there was dull annoying because of the re-spawning monsters that multiply into another monster into another
    8. cut scene's have a lot of these qt e's that annoy you even more damn why mess this game up by this?
    9. I hate the new skills set up no more weapon up grade's just plain boring skills even the Mercenaries 3d ds skills are far better than this
    10. cheap deaths yes it happens a lot when a boss knocks you down you on the floor and your friend the al saves you but then the boss attacks you again and you die so you can't get back up fast enough because the boss kills you
    11. wow 11? The list goes on I' am sorry you fans but this game is not that good ok the boss of Leon's the big fly thing at the end was dull you try to kill it took ages to kill maybe forever too
    12. zombies with guns? Are you mad cap com? We don't need a game like Gears of war we already got one that's better GOW^^
    13. mercenaries again only 3 levels we wanted more and more cap com but not this time we would not get, really sad
    14. you can fully move the camera now from behind you but I rather not I like it in RE4 it stays behind you this time no
    15. the game holds your hand through out the game start to finish they is no challenge to RE anymore all too easy
    16. not a horror game any more just plain call of duty shooter wannabe
    17. the music is horrible too and the screams when you die can get on your nerves by partner
    18. the zombies now have super human jumps when they down they leap at you like superman
    19. stamina bar is a rip off when you try to to a fast hit shot you lose stamina so you need to heal yourself or wait for it to recovery
    20. characters feel heavy they will trip up a lot in this game
    21. last one is BORING BORING BORING GAME!!!

Iam getting stick with RE games now they only a clone of RE5 now days
    nothing new -_-
    bring back the RE how it was meant to be in the first place crap people!
  49. Apr 18, 2013
    I will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. The game consists of three campaigns all revolving around the same plot i shan't spoil much for anyone interested in picking this up. The game seems to be trying to cross the original RE4 format with a game like gears of war and it doesn't work the controls are clunky and unresponsive and instead of tension building up and the tension that every enemy could kill you instantly we have full on firefights which shouldn't be happening coming from a survival horror game the enemies are mediocre with the same guys with the same guns all the time you never really feel under threat and the game is incredibly easy even on professional difficulty Despite the game having three campaigns they are all almost identical and by the time i was playing through the third one i was just playing through the same game for a third time. The game has some good moments which remind you that you are playing a resident evil game and not something like gears of war but it isn't worth the asking price i would seriously give this a miss and play through RE4 again it is a far Superior game on all accounts Expand
  50. May 3, 2013
    This game is poo I rather go back on re5 than this poo game end of story...

What we now got is people doing wrestling moves on zombies? Really?

Let me say like german sulpex's zombies these guys must love the WWE wrestling fake stuff then cause you can german suplex a zombie many times and his head would explode BOOM, maybe they should make a wrestling game then it suit it more.

And other people saying this game is "good the best in series" how you sure about that? Dear god look at RE5 it had a guy in a mask with a big axe now who's the big guy here?

Nobody I wanted to really see a annoying guy with something to come at you like the chainsaw guy then again he only came on Jake's and Ada's and Leon he get's something rather easy as boss.

Everything all about this game turned really wrong is this what you fans like? Purely crap that can't seem to know what it wants to be either RE or cod or left for dead or gears of war or... man I could go on.

Capcom I spit in your face for making one of the worst games ever.

It's just a movie at the end of the day your not doing jack all in it way too many qte in this game ruin the most pleaseing fans of RE.

It's offical you guys like this cause it's a MOVIE that plays for YOU and you don't have to do jack.

That's why half of the whole world hates this game because of "evlove" evlove this? My ass

Chris game was so boring what is with the long chase vs a big boss coming after you at the end?

It make no sense at all then making new charaters then after killing them like Piers wtf why don't they just use Jill and Chirs so the storyline is quite pointless because it's never explaned in the first place.

Since when is RE a team game? It never was capcom as a fan I will never understand the change over to this now re5 had problems too but they was forgiveable this however is not.

This game must be made in a hurry for that hard cash from us.

sorry but Capcom needs to do more on the next one before I buy it so mad now
  51. May 5, 2013
    If capcoms goal is to ruin the series then RE6 is a great first step. This game is one of the biggest letdowns I've ever played. WTF??? Why is this game so bad. It's been in dev for over 3 years. Why? And it's not like it doesn't have flashes of excellence but then it starts being really, really stupid. A zombie dinosaur??? A ****g Dinosaur in a RE game??? holy WTF. And also, I thought that capcom was bringing the survivor horror of RE4 back to the series??? So where is it? This is a pure shooter. Weak. Pass. Expand
  52. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  53. Jul 11, 2014
    Its not just that the game is broken at its core, its also that it fails a franchise that has done things right for over a decade. The developers have tried to change and improve things from the RE series that were already perfect. They tried to turn RE in the other biggest selling franchises of the generation but lost the things that made RE games great in the process. On the surface the game looks great and is a testament to the game engine, there is better looking action scenes and character models and animations but there no immersion or atmosphere . Its the gameplay that ruins it. They spent to much time making it look good and not enough time play testing it. The combat frustrated me to a point I have not had to with games in years. RE controls were never great but they were balanced. Same with the story, RE story have never been very fluid, but they suited there individual games well, RE6s story in an uninteresting mess. All in all its the most disappointing game I think I have ever played, Mostly because RE4 is one of my favourite games of all times Expand
  54. Jul 11, 2013
    Worrying look at the future

IS this really how Capcom thinks we westerners want to play games? A series of quick time events linked by 20 second bursts of holding A and forward on the left stick make up large parts of two of the campaigns here.

Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game
    throughout too.

This game is an ordeal which i have barely had the patience to see through top the end.

Last night I finally finished the Chris campaign (worst of a bad bunch) by leaving the final boss battle primarily up to the AI partner.

Another low point of the Chris campaign was when my sister rang, forcing me to put the pad down but leave the game running.

50 mins later i found i had not died and had actually progressed through the second chapter.

It turns out that Capcom probably just want you to 'ooh' and 'aah' through huge chunks of their games without questioning anything like plot, interactivity, challenge (not counting random deaths) or skill.

OH, did i mention the horrible control scheme and camera movement?

Jeezus...holding three buttons to shoot out of cover sems a bit much, as does constantly rotating the camera angle to show you yet another pwetty expwosion those clever guys put in for you all add up to major gameplay problems...

SO..overlong..overwrought..underwritten...undertested..unbearable.
  55. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Resident Evil 5 made so much money (probably because Resident Evil 4 was a massive hit) and never truly lived up to the hype of Res 4. In my honest opinion they sold out to make more money and break into the COD target audience (12-16 year males) with action, action, action.
    Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different
    playable characters (where lets be honest 95 of us just wanted to play as Leon and maybe the other 5% as Chris) and more quick time events then you could handle. It seems they are just more interested in making a action based game for the yung'uns to make money then making a horror survival for a smaller audience.

You would think they would of learnt their mistake with Res 5 but nope they saw that it took loads of money so decided to stick with that action horror genre (and even calling it action 'HORROR' is being grateful)

If you enjoy playing as characters you don't care about and you have to have action every 2 seconds and just wanna shot some zombars then go for it, this is the game for you.

If you are a fan of the series (well until Res4 that is) then i suggest that you don't go anywhere near it as Capcom are not catering for your needs anymore.

They had such potential with Leon & maybe Chris that they could of done something so much better but as i read from a critic on this very website that apparently 600 people went into making this game then it is literally like a game where they didn't know what direction they wanted to take so just chucked random stuff together and then went "taaa daaaa" "please buy this game, we have explosions and quick time events for all you kiddies that don't have to work out any puzzles or even think a little"

i get frustrated because they had it all and once again like EA they wanted to make as much money as possible and stick two fingers up at you..

I apologize for keep repeating myself about the action and quick time events but imagine Res 1 when you first encounter the dogs through the windows in the hall way or the Licker on the ceiling or either res 2 with the zombies at the beginning or that bastard on the bus and it was all quick time events and you had to press the shoulder buttons to move left and right, it wouldn't feel the same now would it. They dumbed it down and made it in to a movie and lets be honest who gives a f about Jake or whats her name.
  56. Sep 20, 2013
    Please tell me why the hell the 6 is a giraffe getting a blow job from a person? The shooting is no good, the aiming is stiff, it feels like you're controlling a turret with rusty gears!
  57. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  58. Jan 2, 2014
    I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

Resident evil as a franchise did so well in the early years of leaving you to your own devices often with a chess piece, a knife and a square crank and it gave you little to no direction as to what to do next. It was intriguing, exciting, and a tense experience which left me completing the first 3 (4 was okay) games
    over and over again.

This game gives you guns, explosions, cut scenes and bottle feeds you set piece after set piece. It just felt like I was going through the motions, often reading Facebook on my phone whilst the cut scenes played out occasionally hitting a button so that the game knew I was still awake.

The bits of the game play that I was allowed to get involved with were generally good, that is the minute and a half of game play inbetween button bashing, set pieces and monologues.

I played the demo and thought this would be okay, Leon's campaign was borderline good, but the others were so abysmally poor/ unplayable I cant't score this higher than 1.

I regret that this game will be the last Resident Evil Game I purchase. It has destroyed the franchise for me.
  59. Feb 10, 2014
    The fixed camera really made the game very annoying.
    The Haos Chamber is a chaos, I can't tell which direction I'm going with the camera moving like that.
    They are too much QTEs in the game, though that didn't really effect how I feel in gaming.
    The story line is not bad, but the fixed camera must be fixed. It's like the makers didn't even played the game before they release it. Just
    one run through Haos Chamber and you can tell how bad fixed camera can do in action games Expand
  60. Apr 5, 2014
    Wow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a big let down... The ammo never runs out and the story is just crap and you have made it into some stupid 12 year old shooter where everything is gonna be "cool" and just overpowered. I was literally laughing through the cut scenes of how overpowered everything is and how it's not what it used to be. You have totally lost the red thread in this series. From being one of the best horror games on the game market to being this crap. I'm so disappointed and angry at the same time. I've played through the game to be able to have a valid opinion but as for me (a true resident evil fan) this is it for me. I will keep playing the old games cause they are really good but if you are gonna keep release this kind of resident evil games then I don't want anything to do with it. I'm ding dong diddly done... Expand
  61. May 15, 2014
    Congratulations. This isn't just the worst resident evil game ever created, this is one of the worst games i've played in recent history. RE games are starting to go downhill very quickly. 5 wasn't good, but it was at least playable. This is just absolute trash, and Capcom should be ashamed to even have their name associated with this pile.
  62. Jun 13, 2014
    This game is nothing like any other re. re 6 sucks. why do they have to put in a little marker to tell u how many cm, m, mm you are from the check point is our generation so lazy they can't even open a map. WOW is all i have to say to this trash of a game
  63. Jun 27, 2014
    For Capcom to market this as a survival horror is disgraceful. To get straight to the point the game is a giant waste, especially if you are fan of the series. It will be one giant let down.

As for the campaign, it is focused on co-op which is fine but if you are playing with a CPU then it can get quite annoying especially on higher difficulties.
    The campaign is split up into four
    sections, three you have from the beginning and one that is unlocked later on. Each campaign is as boring as the previous one with no originality which goes a long with the horrid writing and boring characters which at once were interesting characters.... well Leon was at least.

Music has never been something Resident Evil was known for so you can assume the music was not memorable at the least.

Mechanics wise the game has been stripped of all horror mechanics and added a lot of typical third person shooter mechanics which dumb the game down if you are going for a survival horror game.

Which brings me back around to this.. the series sadly I doubt will ever be the same again. The game has slowly transitioned into a action game rather than a survival horror game. Resident Evil 4 and 5 started the transition and Resident Evil 6 completed it.

Bottom line, do NOT pick this game up especially if you played and enjoyed any previous Resident Evil game (Except Resident Evil 5). Even if you haven't played a Resident Evil game, it is not worth picking up. Let it collect dust at Gamestop.

*I am late to reviewing a lot of these games but I recently created an account so I am making up for lost time.*
  64. Sep 4, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. As a longtime Resident Evil fan, this game dissapoints on literally every front. It plays awfully, it looks awfully, and it even SOUNDs bad. I can't not reccomend this game enough. What hasn't been said? Please just never play this.
  65. Oct 28, 2012

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.