Resident Evil 6 Xbox 360

5.0

1. Oct 4, 2012
    As an action game, RE6 is a solid shooter with some pretty stellar moments. As a Resident Evil game...it's pretty awful. It's by no means a bad game per se, but the series is beginning to show it's age. Which is really a shame.
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve orResident Evil 6 is a solid game marred only by its pedigree. The graphics are top notch, the game play is fairly solid and the story is good. The common complaint on this game is of the new direction capcom has gone with the RE franchise. No more are the constant "horror" aspects of old, this is now an action game and the evolution makes sense. Like a good band a franchise must evolve or it will become the same thing over and over. RE has and it is not for everyone but that is why there are other games being made. I have enjoyed my experience in this new entry and , if you have been faithfully following the series i invite you to try this one. You should have a great time. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    i really don't know why everybody hates this game so much. it's not a rehashing of the old games and that seems to be all people want. that's really boring. they took it to a new angle and it's interesting. it's not perfect but it's a good game.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is better than Dark Souls in every aspect, seriously would you believe me if i tell you how much I got bored with Dark Souls? but with Resident Evil 6 it's fun all the time because you have weapons and you fight monsters not just those boring zombies, REAL monsters.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    I agree with the people who claims this game to be better than Dark Souls, dark souls have no story and its boring with an unfair difficulty. This game in the other hand is fun, with a fair difficulty and the best story of videogame history. If you dont buy it, you're retarded. Dont let the user score scare you, what are you? a fool who let others brainwash you into not buying what you want? lol
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    I would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews andI would like to state something that I feel should be obvious. Resident Evil 6 is a good game. No matter what your bias consists of you should be at least be able to admit that it is a good game. You don't necessarily have to admit that it's great, but just good or mediocre. I on the other hand think 6 is a fantastic game and can't help but wonder why there are so many negative reviews and I assume it's from fans of the first three entries. Resident Evil consists of 4 campaigns and all intertwine at certain points. My favorite campaigns was Leon's because I felt it was the one that nodded more towards the older Resident Evil games which I grew up on. His campaign was filled with scares and on professional difficulty I had to carefully manage my health and ammunition. The other campaigns are good too, but lean a lot more towards action set piece moments than scares. The one thing that all campaigns succeed at is the environment. The environment in every campaign is absolutely gorgeous and all the settings are incredibly detailed and do a good job of bringing you into the game. Helping this are the absolutely astonishing graphics. This is one of the prettiest games I have seen since Uncharted 3. The graphics are that good. However, I did run into some muddy textures while it was loading. This hardly took me out of the experience. One thing I also loved about this entry was the story. I found myself hooked until the amazing conclusion. Really I only have two complaints. My first is the excessive use of quick time events. This didn't really bother me too much, but it did get frustrating after a while. The second is as much as I loved the story, every campaign besides Leon's had some pretty noticeable pacing issues. Now the big question is "Is RE6 the best Resident Evil?" Well, my friends the answer is a resounding no, because that honor still belongs to 4, but this is better than the slightly disappointing RE5 and is one of the better entries in the series to date. As for the negative reviews my theory is that this series has evolved and you refuse to budge in your narrow area of entertainment and have been left behind in the dust. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    so far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing thisso far i have completed 2 of the campaigns, and this is a really slid game. It's much better than RE5 and most of the series spin-offs. I don't understand why this has a lower score than operation raccoon city, which was god awful. this isn't game of the year, but it does what it sets out to do: provide an impressive story with intense action and a few good scares. As i am writing this there is a review on my screen calling japan a "hotbed of nazism." what's going on with people lately? it's really bizarre to me. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    As usual, trolls come out to play on metacritic. Most rating low probably havent even touched the game. People are being too harsh.. I think its a great game so far. Finished Leons campaign tonight, really enjoyed it. Played it local co-op with my friend. Nothing bad to say about it really... maybe just the camera can be annoying sometimes.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, it has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  10. Oct 6, 2012
    10 Hours played so far and I can say that i'm not disapointed. I can understand all the frustration behind this game but I don't understand the overtroll comments on it. Geez .. it's not RE2 yeah but can people understand that at that time games capacity were limited due to the consoles... control and static graphics were the most scary parts, those games were good and still good but now10 Hours played so far and I can say that i'm not disapointed. I can understand all the frustration behind this game but I don't understand the overtroll comments on it. Geez .. it's not RE2 yeah but can people understand that at that time games capacity were limited due to the consoles... control and static graphics were the most scary parts, those games were good and still good but now outdated for the new generation of gaming. I agree with Capcom's idea to put the serie to a new direction of length, action and intensity, yeah it's less scary and maybe less story oriented but it is worth the full price with that and they focus on the replayability. The AI and graphics glitch can be frustrating at times but trust me it is a good games that worth the full price there were a lot of people working on it for a long time and it shows up 8 out of 10 for me. Expand
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    Why are there so many mindless zeroes? Yes this game had flaws but now I feel that I am forced to give it a 10 to hopefully raise its metascore a little. No it wasn't nearly as good as any other RE game but it was still okay.
  12. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1. The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    I've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep itI've been a fan of Resident Evil since the first one came out and can honestly say this one is still keeps the series going. Although I've only played several hours its still apparent this game solves many of the issues that, while it was okay bad then, plagued the RE franchise. You can now actually move while shooting and they threw in some extra moves such as rolling to keep it interesting. While i personally dislike the cover controls they don't really affect my enjoyment of the game. The best part of this game by far would have to be the reintroduction of real, good ol shambling zombies. Expand
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    All those low scores are made by fans who are nostalgic. Im really shocked about the low scores that this game is having! A lot of people are complaining that its not a survival horror anymore, yet they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score! dont get me wrong RE4 is one of my favorites with RE2. The problem is that these haters dont realize that CAPCOM has moved on. A lot of so called gamers areAll those low scores are made by fans who are nostalgic. Im really shocked about the low scores that this game is having! A lot of people are complaining that its not a survival horror anymore, yet they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score! dont get me wrong RE4 is one of my favorites with RE2. The problem is that these haters dont realize that CAPCOM has moved on. A lot of so called gamers are saying that this is the worst RE game of all time, but they gave RE4 and RE5 a great score and even RE operation racoon city had a better score! what the hell? And i've played all the RE games, since 1997. Expand
  15. Mar 12, 2013
    It blows my mind how this game gets so much hate. It's a fun and lengthy 3rd person adventure game with a load of variety throughout. Sure, the horror aspects aren't what the used to be, but if you liked the older games better then go play them instead...
  16. Oct 23, 2012
    I'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the gameI'll start by saying that i've never seen such an organised display of childish behaviour than i've seen when i look at a lot of these so-called 'reviews'!.. All you people that have tried to sabatage this games metascore with these 'zero' reviews should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.You make me embarassed to be a gamer right now,because whatever your issues are with the game straying a bit from its roots(which i will get to later),does not make this a bad game in the least by default,& by giving this game these zeroes,you are not only undermiming a game that is actually pretty good & has had a lot of work put into it,but are discretiting the user reviews on the whole.People are supposed to be able to come here & trust our fellow gamers opinions & be able to use them as reference,but its nasty hate campaigns like this that make all that untrustworthy,& frankly a joke..
    Right,onto the game itself..
    Ok,unlike some on here,i am goin to be judging this as a game,& therefore not on what the game isn't,but what the game IS.. & what the game is,is an enjoyable,cinematic,highly polished,extremely long experience for this kind of game that has an extremely generous amount of content.By generous amount of content,i mean 4(yes 4)campaigns that 'each' equal the length of your average game nowadays such as Call of Duty,or even Dishonored,The Mercenaries mode & Agent Hunt mode,all playable in either single player or Co-Op.All this is on the disk,so make no mistake,this is a very generous package indeed.
    The overall story is split into 4 seperate campaigns that can be played in whatever order you prefer.These campaigns tell the story of the war against bioterrorism from 4 different 'viewpoints' if you like,4 different perspectives,which in my opinion,adds a lot of veriety to the game.These campaigns are Leon S Kennedy's,Chris Redfield's,Jake Muller's & Ada Wong's.

Leon's campaign is perhaps the closest in pace,tone & feel to the earlier Resident Evil games.It is slower paced & goes for tension,but for me reminds me of why the series needed to move on from those earlier titles in the series,as not a great deal actually happens until later on.Its still a campaign with some great moments though,& should(or should i say 'would have' satisfied those people who want a more classic Resident Evil experience,that is if they wernt so busy with their fingers in their ears,going la la la la la i'm not listening,la la la la la.. The campaign itself represents the investagive side of the events going on,as a special agent.

Chris's campaign represents the governments or Militarys if you like,reaction & response to the worldwide threat of bioterrorism,through the the eyes of a BSAA team,& as a result,is a faster paced experience than Leon's.Whie this is not obviously as close to the series roots,its still nontheless fun,epic & conveys the militarys response to the threats well enough.I must give special note to the acting,as i thought the acting of Chris & Piers were both very good,with Chris especially as he seems to genuinely care about his men.

Jake's campaign is from the perspective of someone who is caught up in the series of events that the game covers,& is primarily about survival to him & his companion.He doesn't know why he's involved,& i wont say why,for anyone that doesn't know.Its similarly paced to Chris's campaign,but with some slower sections for good measure,all the while having a theme of being persued for reasons he doesn't know..

Ada's campaign is from the perspective from 'the bad guy' for want of a better word.She's heavily involved in the bioterrorism thats currently plagueing the world in the game.It has some busy moments,but also some puzzle elements reminiscent of the older titles in the series.

I don't have the space here to go into Mercenaries & Agent Hunt modes,but as i say,all in all, a very generous package indeed,& this is why i just don't get the level of hate & apathy towards this game.. I do understand the concept that its not as close to the eatlier titles as some would like,but this is still a good game,& the marks that a lot have given this for the wrong or petty reasons is insulting frankly.At worst you have Leons campaign,a full length classic Resi experience with Zombies & tension,so whats the problem!? Personally,i think the franchise needed to move on.The story certainly has.The virus is a global threat now,so we cant be wandering back & forth through rooms for hours in a mansion in the woods,ferrying keys & bits of crests to open doors,literally useless Hand to hand & shooting at enemies that are offscreen! Thats was ok for its time,but do you really want to go back to all that now i know i don't.If Capcom hadn't chanded the formula,they'd rightly get criticised for not evolving,such as Activision with CoD,& when they do change,& bend over backwards to try to please all,they get this reaction?! One just cant help feeling,Capcom can't win these days..
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    With a fantastic story, memorable characters, exhilarating set pieces, and a masterful blend of all the best elements found in previous iterations of the franchise, Resident Evil 6 delivers an unforgettable experience which every fan of the series ought to partake in.
  18. Oct 5, 2012
    Best Action Game of the year. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario. Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Leon.
  19. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly.It gets a ten really only to balance out the unwarranted super-bombing in the game. It's far from a great game and not the best in the series by a long shot. It's riddled with a few technical problems and annoyances- but nothing that makes it unplayable. The story is... well, typical of Resident Evil. Which, no matter what anyone says, has always been questionable and even oft times silly. Since the first game. So you get the same ol', same ol' there. Chris' campaign is unsurprisingly weak while Leon's is worth the play through for nearly every step. Over all though, it's a pretty damn fun co-op experience. Playing it alone is a waste of your time, but with a good friend? You'll get at least some hours of enjoyment for your money. It's at least a recommended rent. I might suggest buying it, but I'd wait for a better deal; half the current price maybe.

Honestly, if you liked RE4 and RE5, you'll at least find some things in this game to like enough for continued play. If you're more of a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, well... you're out of luck. But you've been out of luck for half a decade now, so you shouldn't even be bothering at this point, should you?

In all, a mediocre to slightly good game. It won't bring you anything truly unique and new to enjoy (except far better controls than RE4/5 with much more options on what you can do) and doesn't really ADD to the series in any meaningful way. But it also doesn't really bring anything disappointing- it's far from the let down disaster of other games released this year (at least Capcom didn't pull an EA/BioWare on you).
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    Giving it a 10 just to counter all the nonsense 0's people are giving out. I've played for a couple of hours on Leon's campaign, and this game is a solid 7.5-8/10 so far.
  22. Sep 9, 2013
    Baffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up theBaffled by all the negative reviews for this game. You get several campaigns, all pretty long with different characters and playing styles. Online component is really good (mercenaries is a blast). The graphics are top notch and make you feel as though you're in a film, and the audio is also strong with a good music score in particular. Only downside is the quick time events break up the pacing somewhat. An impressive game in so many ways I don't understand why people are slamming it so much. Expand
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    Some overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there areSome overpaid clown on a review site told me Resident Evil 6 is TERRIBLE and I believe it because I watched a video but have never played the game or its two predecessors/played the first 10 minutes of the game after having bought the game for $60 without playing the demo first/am an idiot. I think this game is bad because it isn't scary and there is too much action and also there are quick time events. It is OK if God of War is nothing but quick time events but every half an hour Resident Evil 6 has a quick time event so I don't like it. Resident Evil 4 and 5 did not have any quick time events at all and were super scary and they were not third person shooters with any amount of action. They just had lots of running around and backtracking through empty hallways, combining arbitrary objects into keys while auto-aiming at zombies that had way too much health. I liked it better when it took more than an entire magazine from a pistol just to kill a single zombie. Those were the good, old days, back when no skill or thought was required to play the game. Resident Evil 6 shouldn't have changed the formula set by Resident Evil 4 and 5, 4 having come out in 2004 and 5 having come out in 2009.
    Wait, you mean to tell me Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are also third person shooters full of quick time events and lots of action and the same camera angle with comparable controls and gameplay? You're saying that Resident Evil 6 actually has less quick time events because now dodge rolling is a manual function? That Resident Evil 6 is really fun and that comparing it to crappy PS1 games that came out 16 years ago is stupid and that I should have complained about the change back in 2004?
    Then maybe I should shut my stupid mouth about how Resident Evil 6 is "different" from the rest of the Resident Evil series and enjoy it as a genuinely good game with a couple of issues that don't ruin the overall experience.
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    Trolls are everywhere on this title. Well worth the wait. Well worth the time. Well worth the money. actual score would have to be an 8.5 outta 10 but had to give it a ten to help offset the trolls.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    Superb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because ofSuperb game. It's sad to see it's been the target for a lynch mob of fanatical internet trolls but as we all know, sites like this have given the most intellectually handicapped people a soap box for venting their rancor. Not only do they undermine a game of substantial quality but they pervert the Metacritic score system to the point where it becomes curupted and meaningless. Because of this I have awarded the game a 10 when 9 is perhaps more appropriate. The series has moved on from being a minimalist survival horror game but Resident Evil 6 is nevertheless a superbly realised and imaginative action adventure game with great graphics and some eye popping set pieces. It's pure videogame and a pleasure to play. Good job Capcom! Expand
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All these negative reviews are all trolls or idiots that only play Call of Duty games. These bad reviewers are not true fans of the Resident Evil series because they can't accept change and always compare the newer games to the original which is preposterous since games will always progress. The plot line in Resident Evil 6 is SUPERB. Having the game split into 4 separate campaigns is genius and allows and interesting flow of events to unfold and have different points of view on how things unfold. People are comparing the action of the game to Call of Duty and saying there's no horror in this game, that is complete BS! Capcom brought back horror in this game in that, they brought back the darkness. I don't know about the rest of these 12 year olds who have the light setting in there game very high, but me and my buddy played it at a nice low level where it's meant to be at. The large amount of zombies and monsters in this game was awesome and really had me and my friend at the edge of our seat. The action outside the cathedral, and inside was terrific and exciting and very tense. Capcom did a very good job of bringing tension back to the game like they had in Resident Evil 4. Sure there's somethings I didn't really like about Resident Evil 6 like the skill point system instead of a money system. It's something new, though, and I'm not some sap who can't accept change so I went along with the flow of things. Anyone who's not an idiot and can enjoy a well written and directed game and that's a fan of the Resident Evil series, get this game. The character and story progression is great. Expand
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    Pros: Awesome graphics, great story, solo or co-op campaign and horde type mode, FREE web service (ResidentEvil.net)

Cons: If you are looking for gameplay similar to RE1 or RE2, this is not it. Resident Evil 6 is more action based (but it's a great game).

In closing: It's a fun game, worth buying. Please, ignore the hater spam that seems to have run rampant...
  28. Nov 11, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game very doubtful to evaluate. The main problem was the bet Capcom just innovation. The staff cared so much that he forgot to innovate polishing in some points. Still, the game can be great.

- Visual: 8.8
      - Gameplay: 7.0
      - History: 9.2
      - Audio: 8.4
      - Fun: 9.8

- Final Rating: 9.0
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  30. Feb 27, 2015
    I do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinctI do understand why a lot of people might dislike the game but only in terms of distaste for the way the game plays. This game is super enjoyable if you are able lean into the stupidity of the experience and are able to look past the game play lineage of the series... and instead appreciate what has been done in terms of a complex interwoven story, told through overlapping but distinct campaigns.. then there is fun to be had here (especially if playing co-op). I appreciate that this is a pretty big caveat but this game is not without merit even if it did get pretty savagely critiqued by some reviewers. I'm not saying that they are wrong but don't write off the possibility of enjoying this game based on the fact that some of the criticism it got from some quarters was pretty strong. Expand
  31. Oct 23, 2012
    Right,onto the game itself..

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.