5.0

1. Nov 30, 2012
    just finished leon's campaign. I don't even see why people say this one was good. The first 2 chapters had some potential with lots of zombies. However starting with the underwater boss in the 3rd chapter and the major last boss that you literally fight for the entirety of the last 2 chapters really make this a bore. It seems like the team that made this game gave up on trying to createjust finished leon's campaign. I don't even see why people say this one was good. The first 2 chapters had some potential with lots of zombies. However starting with the underwater boss in the 3rd chapter and the major last boss that you literally fight for the entirety of the last 2 chapters really make this a bore. It seems like the team that made this game gave up on trying to create interesting gameplay. Even if they wanted to do a mostly action game they totally failed. I'm not even going to bother with the other 3 campaigns because I can't see how they would be any better. I don't mind RE evolving but this game is the worst of the bunch (much worse than RE5 which I enjoyed). Way too many quick time events (the climbing in the last chapter was just totally frustrating), bosses that drag on way too long, a total lack of any puzzles, etc. I also wish they would at least try to make the game more realistic in terms of how much hurt a human can take, not with respect to zombies but regarding surviving the most incredible action scenes from helicopter crashes, plane crashes, 5 minutes underwater at the hands of a shark, etc. Finally the disjointed nature of the campaigns takes away from the story dramatically. It feels way too short unlike the evolving stories of previous games. I suggest not wasting your time or if you really want to try it then rent the game. Definitely do not purchase it. Expand
  2. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day.Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day. Stay away from this game. It truly is awful. Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2013
    Most times, you here as a counter argument: "Resident Evil changed, it isn't what it used to be. Don't compare it with the old parts!" Well, I don't! Resident Evil 6 is a very bad stand alone Game and bored the hell out of me!
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    Another example of a company trying to sell more to a wider audience than just making a good game in one genre. I must give it a low score to counter the idiots giving it a ten to counter the people who don't like it. It's more like a 6.
  5. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil now is an all out shooter with no feel no puzzles at all only some but they easy to figure out.

Ok so you got this game hoping it be WAY better than RE4 hm guess again they is a lot of detail on character's yes but the game-play itself well it's a lot of panning a button in many cut scenes that you hate to do.

Next thing is all the character's have partners come on I want to feel like Iam lonely this games rubs it in your face totally with a partner, but I feel we don't need them by your side every time.
    (expect Ada which I mostly enjoyed her role and mission as it was a challenge I did it in 5 hours or maybe less but after I went back on her to clean up loose ends again with her guns you got through the 1st play)

Character's
    in game feel heavy I mean they will trip up and fall on the floor by almost everything instead of taking sub stain damage if you got shot many times you fall over come on I want character's to stand up and sub stain damage not roll on the floor, this is poor clumsy work by Cap com.

Bad guys
    mostly zombies and things that transform into big other things, but all character's get other things apart from zombies.

Levels
    are like so not there at all, say you be running from water a lot or the place will just go up in flames a lot and so you be running away from it.
    It annoys me when I have to do that you got merely time to escape then if you don't it's death on your hands.
    Most times you have to go to one place to another then back to where you was to find a key or switch.

And this is so easy too you only follow a marker on screen that TELLS you where to go and shows where a gun is too, come on I want a challenge to finding weapons by myself not by a machine to tell you everything!

Cut scenes
    OH yeah, I need to say this too they is a lot of pressing buttons in cut scenes that makes you wanna run away from these big giants and the camera angle will always change so next minute you could be running up in a wall then next the boss grabs you and you die that's is unheard of, but you got to fight two things here the boss and the annoying camera angle since you can't move the camera in scenes.

Save points
    Er that's out of the question here as you have to wait for a checkpoint to kick in place before you can save game.

Bosses
    This part of the game can go on and on with bosses once you hurt a boss launched it in the sea, guess what it be back for another round then another then another, yawn.

So yeah a half decent game but it could be more fun really like RE4 that was ace!
    Take it from me this game is ridiculous now!

PS if you need a game get Revelations for 3DS that has game play and no annoying cut scenes to mash on with.

A 4 for gam play but it changing to the game's like of Gears of war and Call of duty just blast everything on screen then you're done, yawn so easy.
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    Oh boy! Where did my Resident Evil go? Just throw RE 1, 2 and 3 in a pot and piss on it Capcom! RE4 was ok. Nothing great. RE5 was a warning of RE6 would become. A MESS! RE is not a fast action packed game. RE6 seems to be the next Call of Duty. After finishing the Leon's story, I realized that there at least 20 more hours to go, so I gave up. TRASH!
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several secondsDon't be fooled by the trailer with the beginning of Leon's campaign, this is no longer a survival horror series. It's straight up 3rd person shooter. If you had any fun with RE5, you'll have some fun with this one as well. Chris's gun-centric campaign is downright awful though - the controls are still **** so you'll be constantly knocked on your ass by gunfire, taking several seconds to get back up. Sometimes this will happen several times in a row and there is literally nothing you can do to stop it. Expand
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    First, i will star with the good points

Good points: The history is great, the characters charisma its outstanding, the controls are great, the agent hunt mode is very fun, and the play time is very long, the mosters are cool. Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has
    First, i will star with the good points

Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has nothing of survival horror.
  9. Nov 4, 2012
    The most ambitious installment in the "Resident Evil" franchise proves to be a wrongheaded attempt to modernize the series. While it occassionally finds the right note, the bulk of the gameplay seems to borrow from every modern action game ever made. Since when did using a snowmobile to escape an avalanche become part of the "Resident Evil" experience? More importantly, why is such aThe most ambitious installment in the "Resident Evil" franchise proves to be a wrongheaded attempt to modernize the series. While it occassionally finds the right note, the bulk of the gameplay seems to borrow from every modern action game ever made. Since when did using a snowmobile to escape an avalanche become part of the "Resident Evil" experience? More importantly, why is such a long-winded sequence even in this game? With sequels, you'd expect some sort of change in direction. What you don't expect is games abandoning their core concepts in order to stay relevant. But that's just what "Resident Evil 6" is. It's a product of statement, not an honest attempt to continue the legacy of a much beloved series. Despite this travesty, the makers have at least tried to make half of a good game. There are some moments that capture the classic feel of the series. But most of it just feels like a chore to play through. Unlike "Operation Raccoon City", there is a real story that is presented here, but the gameplay can be just as unsatisfying. There are four campaigns that last about 10 hours each, but if you're a true fan, then you'll probably give up at the halfway mark. It be unfair to say the game is a total loss. As I stated before, RE 6 does deliver some standout moments. And some may even find this over-the-top, fast-paced sequel to be a guilty pleasure. It's certainly packed with content, but purists will easily cry foul over this one. It's one of those love-it-or-hate-it games. Expand
  10. Nov 3, 2012
    Very disappointing game. It is not a survival horror. I think capcom has ruined this game unless they switch it back. Just a retarded game. Rent before you buy because you will thank me later.
  11. Apr 17, 2013
    I will not know why so many people like dis damn game?

Good parts: 1. good graphics yes we all like how Leon's hair look in these games frankly that's it 2. can move and shoot now, yeah and jump on the floor if needed to dodge an attack 3. good cut scenes and voice acting is top notch Ok the cons with this game: Cons 1. not scary anymore look at Resident Evil 4 that kind of
    I will not know why so many people like dis damn game?

Good parts:
    3. good cut scenes and voice acting is top notch

Ok the cons with this game:

Cons
    1. not scary anymore look at Resident Evil 4 that kind of was
    2. linear game that you can only go forward and not backwards to areas you already went by
    3. mostly of the time you and you're partner got to open doors this makes game a chore boring dull and more I should say? Well you should at least open them by YOURSELF
    4. this is not Resident Evil
    5. the zombies transform into many many many many many forms :D it's like a game gone wrong or they are trying to make other games in one rather than one
    6. the story sucks to the grave really one thing Leon's partner will say so who's this Ada? And Leon says oh no I say later on. Guess what he don't, all the character here does not want to tell nothing when they been asked a damn question. The story will just confuse you a lot here
    7. the levels can be annoying and confusing and dull like Jake's last mission man it's boring you going up in this lift that rotates to A to G and finding how to get there was dull annoying because of the re-spawning monsters that multiply into another monster into another
    8. cut scene's have a lot of these qt e's that annoy you even more damn why mess this game up by this?
    9. I hate the new skills set up no more weapon up grade's just plain boring skills even the Mercenaries 3d ds skills are far better than this
    10. cheap deaths yes it happens a lot when a boss knocks you down you on the floor and your friend the al saves you but then the boss attacks you again and you die so you can't get back up fast enough because the boss kills you
    11. wow 11? The list goes on I' am sorry you fans but this game is not that good ok the boss of Leon's the big fly thing at the end was dull you try to kill it took ages to kill maybe forever too
    12. zombies with guns? Are you mad cap com? We don't need a game like Gears of war we already got one that's better GOW^^
    13. mercenaries again only 3 levels we wanted more and more cap com but not this time we would not get, really sad
    14. you can fully move the camera now from behind you but I rather not I like it in RE4 it stays behind you this time no
    15. the game holds your hand through out the game start to finish they is no challenge to RE anymore all too easy
    16. not a horror game any more just plain call of duty shooter wannabe
    17. the music is horrible too and the screams when you die can get on your nerves by partner
    18. the zombies now have super human jumps when they down they leap at you like superman
    19. stamina bar is a rip off when you try to to a fast hit shot you lose stamina so you need to heal yourself or wait for it to recovery
    20. characters feel heavy they will trip up a lot in this game
    21. last one is BORING BORING BORING GAME!!!

Iam getting stick with RE games now they only a clone of RE5 now days
    nothing new -_-
    bring back the RE how it was meant to be in the first place crap people!
  12. May 30, 2013
    This game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some prettyThis game was disappointing, but I will give it some credit. In Leon's campaign, it did bring back a survival horror feel to the game with zombies and dark corridors, and I liked it a lot. I also liked the 3rd chapter in Chris's campaign where your squad is getting picked off one by one by a snake not on a plane. It adds tension Another thing I liked was Ada's campaign adding some pretty challenging puzzles and nicely intertwined all 3 campaigns nicely. HOWEVER, this does not mean it was a great game. This game falls flat for trying to please fans of both parties. The fans who want it to be survival horror and does who prefer the action survival elements. And as a result it collapses in on itself. What killed tension and suspense is how much of a bad your character is. It doesn't matter who you're playing as, but you can easily dispatch enemies without a problem. If the opposition poses little to no threat, the tension is dissolved and it gets boring. There were times where the game clearly wanted you to run because of the overwhelming amount of enemies, but because it's so easy to kill them all and how much of a badass you are with unarmed combat, you can just stay there and whale on all the enemies. This is an ungraceful sequel that isn't as bad as other games I've played, but this is a stain on the Resident Evil franchise. Expand
  13. Jan 15, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  14. Oct 13, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It is a game that has no identity, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But many are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a true Resident Evil that lives up to that name.
  15. Feb 19, 2013
    Having played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 wasHaving played Resident Evil's 1-5 as well as some of the spin-off titles, I came to this game expecting to have a similarly enjoyable time. What I got was a sorry shambles of a game, with a fairly weak storyline, frustrating combat and some truly broken mechanics. The graphics are solid and the co-op option makes the game much more enjoyable to trawl through. Overall, Resident Evil 6 was very disappointing and I would only recommend it to those hardcore Resi fans who want to "complete" the series. Expand
  16. Oct 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to like it, I really do but I'm finding this game to be a chore to play....

To start this review I've loved nearly all RE Games, even loved RE5 (so that should give you an idea of how easily satisfied I can be). What this game lacks is that something..... something they call Gameplay, I'm not talking about physically being able to play a game, RE6 does not grab my attention, does not make me crave more, does not make me want to replay it several times over regardless of all the additional content they throw at it.

To give you an idea of what I mean this game just isn't well polished, the aiming and shooting system just feels sub-par to what was previous in the series.. and so far if I've ever been stuck in a situation I can than resort to kicking the cr*p out of anything. Theres just no satisfaction in it which to be completely honest I'm finding to be disappointing.
    The scares also feel so predictable, the Leon campaign which I had high hopes for started really well until you get to a certain elevator scene right near the start and than the atmosphere is lost on this game. The most common scare attempt is you will walk along a corridor and notice a body lying on the floor, as soon as you step right next to it it will than spring to life and grab you.. this happens a lot! The system is flawed in the respect that you can't even shoot it prior to walking near it in an attempt to wake it up. I won't hammer on about the QTE, they do become very tedious VERY quickly and the odd work of camera angles is a truth that cannot be ignored. The controls feel very odd and un-responsive at times in this game which is an annoying thing to come across where I find myself hammering the reload button in a vain attempt to reload.

That said there are things about this game that I do like, the storyline I think is excellent which thankfully the series has become renowned for. The voice acting is excellent which is seriously odd when you think of where it all began (ahem "Jill Sandwich") so it is nice that they did improve on this.
    I like the fact that they have encorporated so much into the story but this game needed a lot more time, you could tell they were on a deadline to have it completed and sadly the faults in this game are just too much to forgive.

If like me you are compelled to play this game than for your sake just rent it! It's certainly not worth the price tag... I'm giving it a 5/10 because the story is good, should have just made it a dvd!
  17. Oct 27, 2012
    Playing the resident evil franchise has been amazing over the years however this game is just terrible I'd only advise buying it when the price comes down to £5. There has been a huge decline in quality since RE4 in this series I'm not saying RE5 was a bad game but it didn't live up to RE4 capcom have seemed to ignore what the fans want. They have strayed to far from the survivalPlaying the resident evil franchise has been amazing over the years however this game is just terrible I'd only advise buying it when the price comes down to £5. There has been a huge decline in quality since RE4 in this series I'm not saying RE5 was a bad game but it didn't live up to RE4 capcom have seemed to ignore what the fans want. They have strayed to far from the survival horror genre and hopefully all theese bad reviews will show what the fan base wants. Expand
  18. Nov 30, 2012
    A complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaninglessA complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaningless things just to make "impressive" action sequences in a action game! You´re insulting the intelligence of the players by doing so! The motive why that works on titles like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem it´s because they´re supposed to be a 80s action movie (they have context) but Resident Evil is the kind of franchise which we (the fans) ACTUALLY CARE about what happens to the main characters, the way that the story is driven and etc. If Capcom thinks that we will kiss her butt by giving us: a regular gameplay; bad camera; horrible partner A.I.; a multiplayer mode that nobody asked for; weakest storyline of the franchise; forgettable secondary characters like Piers; linear levels designed in the most claustrophobic way; millions of disposable quick time events and action sequences... they are wrong. We aren´t stupid, the user score on metacritic is a clear proof of that. Expand
  19. Oct 4, 2012
    That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face. That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life.
  20. Mar 11, 2013
    Don't listen to the blind fanboys, this game sux hard, it look like a PSP game ported to HD consoles, the gameplay is awful, just look to THE LAST OF US and you will see a real sorvivor game, keep your money for a better games, if you buy it Crapcom will kill the next games, and RE7 will suck even harder than this mess;)
  21. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 follows in the footsteps of both 4 ( with 4 it has big shoes to fill) & 5 and does so brilliantly as it emulates the 4th's gritty setting and tension while keeping the 5th's lust for blood and guns it isn
  23. Oct 10, 2012
    I'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it'sI'll be honest and say that I've only completed Leon and Chris' campaigns at the moment (on Veteran so not sure how the game differs in other difficulties) but I believe the 15ish hours that I've put into the game has given me a pretty good idea of what the rest will be like. First of all, it's not a terrible game. It's far different than what people would have expected, yes, but it's not a bad game. Many people are hating on the controls but I found that after a bit of time with them they felt natural and I was dodging and popping off headshots without much trouble. One big standout when in regards to gameplay is that RE6 has a MUCH greater emphasis on hand to hand combat. It's basically a necessity but I feel the implementation was done well and feels visceral. Level design and set pieces are hit or miss but generally get the job done. RE6 shines when it tries to get back to it's roots of survival horror and Leon's campaign has a number of great moments. Chris' campaign fell a bit more flat due to the repetitive nature of some of the gunfights and lack of tension during most of it (save one area where you're scrambling to retrieve keys in tight corridors while numerous monsters capable of 1-shotting you are wandering the halls). My assumption is that Jake's campaign will play more like Chris' and Ada's will be more like Leon's but ultimately the game has kept me engaged enough to want to see it all the way through. Despite it's flaws, it's very entertaining and worth a play but you may want to wait until the price drops. Expand
  24. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  25. Oct 4, 2012
    If RE want to ditch its horror genre and go all action at least make it as good as gear of of wars or MGS. It is a relatively Ok action game. But with the RE tag on the disc, you expect much more.
  26. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the latter the biggest **** ever.
  27. Oct 4, 2012
    The biggest dissapoint of 2012,Capcom has lost it. Capcom should play the first three and see how its done, the controls are better and more responsive in the old ones then this turd. Don't forget the cheap deaths that give you no warning, WTF Capcom!!! Give us more new characters no one gives a **** about.

What about Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Jill, Claire and Carlos ? Stop watching the RE movies Capcom they are horrible just like this game.
  28. Oct 9, 2012
    Where to start, maybe no manual. I know it's petty but hey I am paying $60. What if I didn't have access online, or didn't want to figure out the Gordian not also known as the in game menu. Don't get me started on the menu in game, cause it's about as useless as the plot in this game. The prologue? Capcom owes me 20 minutes of my life back and by the way, may the fleas of a thousandWhere to start, maybe no manual. I know it's petty but hey I am paying $60. What if I didn't have access online, or didn't want to figure out the Gordian not also known as the in game menu. Don't get me started on the menu in game, cause it's about as useless as the plot in this game. The prologue? Capcom owes me 20 minutes of my life back and by the way, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of whoever decided it would be brilliant to make it mandatory to get to the actual game menu and then be able to play co-op AFTER the prologue. Now I know why 4 hours+ of the game is cut scenes, so the QA team didn't commit seppuku. They could actually go get a redbull and their antidepressants. The melee combat is atrocious. I love how almost all my hits miss unless 5 planets align. How's the camera you ask? It's about as useful as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory. Co-op is the only way I can stand this game because if your gonna pull rusty red hot shrapnel out of your kneecap, you might as well have help. I have been inexplicably dropped from the game just before the end of the chapter only to rejoin and find I had 7 seconds in game at summary screen and nothing to show for it. Well done re6 well done. I have been at some please wait to reconnect screen which never did find my partner again, I am assuming he was sent to another of re6s rings of hell to suffer alone. Yeah and thanks for explaining things like stamina or bomb detonating as well. Wow just wow. What else lets see....oh yeah QTEs. I think we need more. Maybe like 4 hours+ worth to match the cut scenes. Yo Capcom, a pit in the desert is calling, ET Atari cartridges want some company. Expand
  29. Oct 9, 2012
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    Resident Evil wasn't just able to do ANY choice and create a game with 4 different gameplay, all in the wrong way. They're trying to do a copy of Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell and the most present: Uncharted. These games are mixed together and Capcom is trying to do a unique game with 4 total different gameplay with the same elements. Nothing works. This game is unplayable and not fun at all.
    I nerver played such a bad game since "D".
    What the hell happened to you Capcom?
  30. Oct 9, 2012
    I am so monumentally disappointed with this game. I have been a fan of Resident Evil for years, played all the games and this is by far the worst. It doesn't even feel like a game - Chris and Jake's campaigns consist of running pointlessly from one cut-scene to the next. Playing this game is like being an extra in a poorly written movie.

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is not too bad.
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth.Ok. First of all, I want to address all of those people who gave this game a 0. Probably the same people who gave mass effect 3 a 0. Have you ever played a "bad" game before? Or, if you are just longing for a game that is "just like" its originals then buy a PS1. Seriously, the graphics are good. The sounds are good, and once you get used to the new control schemes, it plays fairly smooth. If game has any positive traits to it, then a someone that has any game knowledge whatsoever would never give it a 0 rating. The story in the game so far seems to just as amazing as any other resident evil game. Of course the originals were the best, but let's move on guys. Let's focus on the now, and stop wanting to replay the past. This game deserves way more credit than it has received. Collapse

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.