4.9

1. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the Horror!!? This game is 80% generic 3rd person action-shooter and 20% (or even less) survival horror.I though Capcom had learned with RE5 that co-op play really kills all the tension. What else is to dislike about this game: messed up story, killing regular zombies is really annoying, having an arrow/marked point telling you which way to go, Leon Kennedy harsh voice. This game in my opinion is a bad mix between RE5 and RE Racoon City. If you Didn't like any of these 2 games you won't like this one. The RE franchise as a horror survivor game is now dead. Dead space is now the true and only king of the genre. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    We get that Operation Raccoon City is one of the Resident Evil games that we don't care about. After that game comes Resident Evil 6...sadly one of the screwed-up sequels. Look at the Resident Evil fans! They're mad at that game! You got to admit that Resident Evil 6 is terrible...enough said.
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    I hate to say this -- I truly do -- but Resident Evil 6 is without a doubt the worst Resident Evil game I've ever played, and considering how every modern title besides Revelations has been pretty lackluster, that's nothing like saying it's the worst Mario or Zelda game I've played. What shocked me was that there were elements left unrefined that I would never have expected to be so. Even the controls felt unfinished in this game. It's not that they don't function properly, it's just that it feels like the characters warp through space. This doesn't happen in any other Resident Evil game. In every other title in the franchise, it feels like the characters are firmly grounded and move accordingly. Movements just feel so shoddy and unpolished in this game, and that's just unacceptable for any video game period.

Everything else in this game is just as bad, if not worse. The QTE's are murder, the enemy AI is pathetic, the inventory is a mess, weapon upgrades are useless and a pain to manage, melee strikes make you practically invincible, and the plot lacks any sense of direction. Just to name SOME of the issues with this game. I don't know how Capcom managed to produce such a bastardization of a Resident Evil game, but I do know that if they don't bounce back from this, they'll have lost every ounce of respect from me as not only a gamer but as a human being. This entire game was just an insult to play.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    One thing is clear; Resident Evil is no longer a Survival Horror series. I, like many other original fans, had hoped RE5 was a failed experiment and that RE6 would return to the franchise's roots. RE6, however, crushed those hopes. Classic Resident Evil is built around a dark and foreboding atmosphere, traps, puzzles, intriguing boss fights, and legitimate zombie scares. Those games made you think on how best to approach all situations. You had to figure out how to defeat bosses, what keys you needed and how to find them, and how to solve complex puzzles. You also have to conserve ammunition, which made the game more about intellect and resourcefulness, and less about action action action....

RE6 has puzzles, but they are either ridiculously simple or incredibly unintuitive. Keys? What use are they if you can almost always just kick down a door. Traps? Please. This is an action game hell bent on pushing you FORWARD, never retracing your steps. Scary zombies? First of all, I'm not sure what you'd call these things. Some look like mummies, others are apparently intelligent and can fire weapons at you. Some resemble the las plagas from RE4, which means they look like a random assortment of tentacles attached to a moving mass of cat turds and raw sewage. Boss fights are about what you'd expect. Human-being like things erupt out of their human skin into something the size of a 747 and have yellowish-orange glowing spots that say "hit me here, 500 times, or just keep shooting and I'll die eventually". Quicktime events, my favorite gaming device ever, are back in full force. At least they're easier to catch than in RE5.

What did I like about this game? The story was fairly solid, and I enjoyed being able to play from 3 different perspectives and as 6 separate characters. The scenery is diverse and enjoyable, even if it lacks the depth of previous RE games. There are some cool melee animations, and an assortment of weapons. What else did I not like? The inventory system sucks. And it's different for each campaign. Using an herb is easy enough IF you've placed your herbs in the container that allows you to hit one button and heal yourself. First Aid sprays? I had to look up online how to use them, which is total nonsense. And, for whatever reason, Leon couldn't seem to use them at all during the final boss fight. I'm not sure why...Final boss fight in Leon's campaign is probably the most annoying and frustrating boss fight ever, period. I couldn't beat the final boss a computer-controlled Helena because she's so inept and ineffective, so definitely play online with a human as your #2. The game's not so bad if you consider it strictly action. I, however, expect more from a game with "Resident Evil" in the title.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    As a fan of RE I realy wanted to love this game, but unfortunetly, I could not. It's boring. Most of the time it feels like a chore rather than fun. The camera and movement controls are poor. The inventory, healing, weapon aim and weapons in general leave much to be desired. It looks good and there are some enjoyable moments, but as a whole, it feels like a game without identity. I guess that is what happens when you try and please everybody. Overall I am very dissapointed, and would not recomend this. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2012
    The only think that keeps the game held at a 4/10 is Leon / Ada campaign. These two campaigns are somewhat good, maybe the same level of resident evil 5, superior in some sense but inferior in another. Leon's campaign did not go too over board with the problems in the other two campaigns. Jake's campaign consist of absurd quick time events and running at awkward camera angles. Many of the zombies have guns, rocket launchers, tuxedos, snipers, tanks, parachutes, helicopters, and karate... enough pointless junk that would make any video gamer, fan or no fan, puke. There is even has driving segments that have no business being in the game. The bosses are the same person in this campaign so nothing new and interesting.

Chris's campaign is basically the same thing, only this time you occasionally fight some interesting bosses. Summary: Leon campaign: 8/10 - Decent bosses, not too many frustrating QTE or camera issues

Ada: 8/10 - Same Chris: 0/10 - J' avo do not feel like B.O.W.s or zombies or parasite infected, they feel like enemies in an uncharted game. Many bad camera issues, too many quick time events. Jake: 0/10 - J' avo issues, even more bad camera issues, an absurd amount of quick time events, and many vehicle moments that don't suit the game well.

Story: 8/10 - story was decent, but there are many plot holes

Controls: 9/10 - the controls are consistent and the work but most of it seems unnecessary for a good game. Inventory: 2/10 - Each character gets over 6 guns and the ammo takes up all the space, this would have been avoided if they made 1 person hold different guns like in RE5.

Boss fights: 5/10: Some bosses were pretty good, but some were scripted.

Puzzles: 0/10 - no puzzles, or anything requiring much thought.

Characters: 7/10 - The characters were not at their best this time around with the exception of Ada.

Verdict: 4/10
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    I am gonna get right to the point and not waste your time. If you are looking for an outstanding survival horror game, leave this page and go play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you are looking for a game that successfully blends action and horror, again get off this page and go play Dead Space 2. Now, you are probably wondering if this is at least a solid action game. After spending 33 hours with this gigantic mess of a game, I can tell you with no exaggeration that this is a poor action game. As a die-hard RE fan, I really want to be somewhat generous, so let's start with the positives. The cutscenes and story are fabulous and mesmerizing. The enemy design is easily superior to most games out there. Furthermore, the graphics and shadow effects are truly well done and slightly better than its predecessor. Annnnnd that's it. Those are the positives. Now I really want to sum up the negatives with just one sentence if you don't mind: Ahem...The camera is poorly designed, quick-time events ruin immersion and annoy the living crap out of you, level design is utterly boring and uninspired, AI is mostly pathetic, horribly mediocre setpieces, horrible pacing, very annoying scripted events that screw you over each time, and finally the controls just don't fit a game like this. Overall, it is one massively disappointing entry in the Resident Evil series, a series I have loved for such a long time. It is not a good horror game (not scary in the slightest), it is not a good action game, and it is a very very poor Resident Evil game. Is it fun sometimes? Sure. Is it memorable? Kind of but definitely not in a good way. Not recommended. Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    After about ten hours of gameplay something completely different came to my mind - the tv-show Mythbusters. For those who watch Mythbusters know that the show have changed over the years. In the beginning it was interesting and intelligent and all about myths and nowadays it's all explosions and guns and they have almost abandoned the original concept. The show is stupid and "dumbified" and that's what i feel about Resident Evil 6 - it's dumbified. The horror is gone and so is the puzzles. Every time you confront those extremely few puzzles in the game they are mind numbingly easy and dumb so you wonder why they even bothered to include them in the game. The game is filled to the brim with quick time events and cut scenes which chops the gameplay to pieces.
    I have a whole lot of bad things to say about this game, but i'm going to keep this short. The good things are the graphics and the cut scenes are very intense and well made.
    When i watched interviews with the developers they promised us some "old school" Resident Evil and that made me exited for this game. Maybe they have started to listen to the fans after all and decided to take a step away from the very action oriented Resident Evil 5. But what did they do? They took a huge step away from the old shool and a giant leap into the action genre instead and dumbified it.
    We all realize that Capcom can't go back to basics. Games must evolve. But why oh why did they totally abandon the horror, the scares, the puzzles and the intensity that was the loved soul that made Resident Evil stand out from everything else to become this dumbified action game?
  9. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE 6 really sucks, i mean this game that they call RE 6 is awfull. Capcom didnt have the balls to change the name of the game cuz they have no criativity at all. I am very disapointed. I was expecting the game of the year, but instead i got the worse RE game ever. The game is a movie. Just a lot of bullshi* with some good old fashioned zombies. And by the way, what da fuc* is that when you kill a zombie and it just evaporates or just go undergound. WHAAAT?? The game have good controls and mechanics thou, but its suckness overcomes the good stuff about the game. DONT BUY IT! Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    I loved Resident evil 1-4! This latest installment is a stain on a great series. Why Capcom! why have you forgotten the fans that made you... 4 /10 is generous and is only because the game in payable and not broken.
  11. Oct 27, 2012
    This game isn't about horror, it is a f*king dudgery! You have to labour through a mess to another mess, an inch by an inch while trying to figure out the convoluted controls, sometimes you wish to rather use your teeth, and then out of nowhere you died in most helpless fashion because the camera is so clunky.

Upon finishing every chapter, you feel no accomplishment, but bitter, anger,
    dizziness, and exhaustion. This game literately made me dust off my gamecube and play RE4 again.Jesus Capcom, what the hell were you thinking? Expand
  12. Jan 26, 2013
    The Game is Fun. But It SUCKS. Resident Evil use to have some horror and RE 4 was its shining point. I didnt bother to play 5 or raccon because of all the bad press. Then one night friend brings over Resident Evil 6. Then i see that RE 6 SHOOTY instead of horror. Second in leon's campaign has absolutely no ammo and i had to rely on the duke nukem kicks through half of it. Third the f**king QUICK TIME EVENTS. Every five second PRESS X. The good of the game is the co op and maybe the upcoming multiplayer but RE6 gets this low score because it is so dissapointing. CAPCOM is spiraling downwards. Expand
  13. Feb 15, 2013
    great cod clone! better zombies,guns and action... but cod has more and better horror scenes. its a cod clone without horror ;D
  14. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident Evil now is an all out shooter with no feel no puzzles at all only some but they easy to figure out.

Ok so you got this game hoping it be WAY better than RE4 hm guess again they is a lot of detail on character's yes but the game-play itself well it's a lot of panning a button in many cut scenes that you hate to do.

Next thing is all the character's have partners come on I want to feel like Iam lonely this games rubs it in your face totally with a partner, but I feel we don't need them by your side every time.
    (expect Ada which I mostly enjoyed her role and mission as it was a challenge I did it in 5 hours or maybe less but after I went back on her to clean up loose ends again with her guns you got through the 1st play)

Character's
    in game feel heavy I mean they will trip up and fall on the floor by almost everything instead of taking sub stain damage if you got shot many times you fall over come on I want character's to stand up and sub stain damage not roll on the floor, this is poor clumsy work by Cap com.

Bad guys
    mostly zombies and things that transform into big other things, but all character's get other things apart from zombies.

Levels
    are like so not there at all, say you be running from water a lot or the place will just go up in flames a lot and so you be running away from it.
    It annoys me when I have to do that you got merely time to escape then if you don't it's death on your hands.
    Most times you have to go to one place to another then back to where you was to find a key or switch.

And this is so easy too you only follow a marker on screen that TELLS you where to go and shows where a gun is too, come on I want a challenge to finding weapons by myself not by a machine to tell you everything!

Cut scenes
    OH yeah, I need to say this too they is a lot of pressing buttons in cut scenes that makes you wanna run away from these big giants and the camera angle will always change so next minute you could be running up in a wall then next the boss grabs you and you die that's is unheard of, but you got to fight two things here the boss and the annoying camera angle since you can't move the camera in scenes.

Save points
    Er that's out of the question here as you have to wait for a checkpoint to kick in place before you can save game.

Bosses
    This part of the game can go on and on with bosses once you hurt a boss launched it in the sea, guess what it be back for another round then another then another, yawn.

So yeah a half decent game but it could be more fun really like RE4 that was ace!
    Take it from me this game is ridiculous now!

PS if you need a game get Revelations for 3DS that has game play and no annoying cut scenes to mash on with.

A 4 for gam play but it changing to the game's like of Gears of war and Call of duty just blast everything on screen then you're done, yawn so easy.
  15. May 5, 2013
    If capcoms goal is to ruin the series then RE6 is a great first step. This game is one of the biggest letdowns I've ever played. WTF??? Why is this game so bad. It's been in dev for over 3 years. Why? And it's not like it doesn't have flashes of excellence but then it starts being really, really stupid. A zombie dinosaur??? A ****g Dinosaur in a RE game??? holy WTF. And also, I thought that capcom was bringing the survivor horror of RE4 back to the series??? So where is it? This is a pure shooter. Weak. Pass. Expand
  16. Feb 19, 2014
    I personally felt 5 was much better than this game, though not as good as 1 or 2. Revelations was also much better. This game sucked though. Forget about gimmicks like laser sights and make a good game.
  17. Oct 8, 2012
    I read all the criticism, and bought the game anyway believing it couldn't be THAT bad... Now, I want my $60 back.

The Resident Evil franchise has turned into a lackluster and at times broken 3rd person shooter. Couple that with frustrating melee combat, cheap deaths that make NO logical sense (hit by a train while 40 feet away from the tracks?) , and just plain old bizarre creatures
    that awkwardly run down hallways and bump into you or fly around getting caught on invisible walls. For me, it was just unplayable. Expand
  18. Jun 8, 2013
    I, like many other Resident Evil fans, was disappointed with the direction the series took with its fifth mainline title which was made just about tolerable thanks to its co-op mode. Resident Evil 6 takes things further down the action route to the extent that this is Resident Evil in name only.

Split into three fairly lengthy campaigns, all of which offer different styles of gameplay,
    there is certainly no shortage of content on offer here. Leon’s campaign is certainly the closest to the original survival horror style and is certainly playable to some degree but I could barely tolerate the campaigns of Chris or Jake for ten minutes before giving up through pure anger. Both are pure action fares, and not even good ones. Chris’s campaign seemed to be trying to copy the cover based Gears of War template without any success whilst Jake’s seemed to involve no more than pressing the attack button over and over again until I’d killed all the enemies on screen.

Over the years I've enjoyed playing action based shooters as much as anyone but that’s not what I want from Resident Evil and, if you are going to try to capture some of the Call of Duty audience, you need to create a game that is a damn site better than this shambling mess.
  19. Dec 22, 2012
    Don't believe any positive reviews you read about this game. Everything that made previous Resident Evil games successful has been done away with. There is no horror element in this game, the camera angle is awful, the only attack you need is melee and the action element is WAY too heavy. Capcom really hurt their reputation with this game. I rented the game and returned it the same day. Stay away from this game. It truly is awful. Expand
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    Crapcom keeps finding ways to make RE worst, if you're a old resident evil fan you won't find much here and if you're looking a for a good third person shooter you should look elsewhere too.
  21. Jan 26, 2013
    WHY CAPCOM? WHHYYYY? This is another one of my Favorite franchises butchered like a pig in front of my eyes. This is Resident Evil trying to be like a big budget shooter. Capcom just threw different aspects of action games together and expected them to fit. CAPCOM instead of building on this formula take 2 steps back. It'll benefit everyone.
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    The just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This is no longer a survival s. Clearly the call of duty is ing around. It is just copy past from many s
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  24. Oct 2, 2012
    Alright, i have had a tough time coming to terms that the games of my childhood are destined to get worse and worse. RE6 takes the games that i love(note i loved RE4) and made it into a mockery, I bought this game without hesitation hoping it would be awesome cause hey, RE5 was alright. This is an embarrassment, I dont wanna button mash in my resident evil games!! I regret getting this game, as i did with Final Fantasy 13, Silent Hill homecoming, and this is where it ends for me, RE6 has ruined the series for me and im done with it. Im sticking with games that are actually good, dead space, Bioshock and fallout are games series i can count on. Expand
  25. Oct 4, 2012
    If RE want to ditch its horror genre and go all action at least make it as good as gear of of wars or MGS. It is a relatively Ok action game. But with the RE tag on the disc, you expect much more.
  26. Oct 5, 2012
    This is the first time I've given the Resident Evil series a try in a long time, and I was overwhelmingly disappointed. It was like I was playing a FEAR game. Where are the zombies? People with sores on their bodies that mutate and turn into monstrosities and wield firearms and swords are not zombies. I'm glad I didn't waste the money buying this crock.
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    First, i will star with the good points

Good points: The history is great, the characters charisma its outstanding, the controls are great, the agent hunt mode is very fun, and the play time is very long, the mosters are cool.

Bad Points: The camera is simply awful( this is a good definition), the graphics are bad, the subtitles, in another languages, is wrong sometimes, and it has
    nothing of survival horror. Expand
  28. Oct 28, 2012
    I will go ahead and admit that I only got about 20-30 minutes in before shutting it off. That being said, here are my opinions: Pros: - Beautiful graphics - Great Audio Cons: - First 10 minutes is more of an interactive CGI movie than a game; - Cut scenes LITERALLY every few minutes; - The controls are taken away from the player constantly - and for the smallest reasons (at one point there's a video just so one character can say "something's not right");
    - Even when you have the controls, it's not great: at the beginning you have to walk down a hallway; I wanted to look around (just because, you know, I'm playing a new game and wanna check it out) but no matter what direction I pointed the control, the character walked forward;
    - When the actual *game* begins, your character only walks - very slowly; once you're capable of running, the character randomly slows back to a walk, then back to running, then back to the very slow walking;
    - At one point the character has to chase a person in a ballroom, but the game creates a frustrating illusion of difficulty by putting chairs in the way, which you can't jump over - that's not difficulty, that's just inflating the amount of time it takes to get to the other side of the room;
    - There's a second character that comes with you, which is probably a great idea for co-op, but I don't understand why I need to babysit a random person during a single player game; does my character really need a 100 lb girl to help him open doors? (Literally, as some doors don't have the normal "Press 'A' to open" prompt, but a "Press 'B' to open the doors together" prompt...really, is that what 'variety' means to the developers?)
  29. Oct 30, 2012
    This game fails to deliver on almost every level. The story however is very interesting but the game play is awful better off reading about the story online instead of wasting your money buying this trainwreck. this is just another **** action game in an over saturated market. Anyone giving this game ten out of ten should be ashamed of themselves, and obviously is not a true fan of the resident evil series let alone have a clue as to what makes a game enjoyable. Fancy graphics and pretty cinematics don't make a game good, the gameplay is atrocious. I thought they would have fixed all the mistakes of resident evil five with this release but they made the same mistakes and many more don't buy this game, and if you have email capcom and demand a refund. We cant let these companies take our money with no repercussions . These are the games major flaws.
    -bad controls
    -horrible camera
    -**** partner ai
    - enemies have infinite ammo yet ammo is scarce for the player
    -cut scenes interrupt gameplay also QTEs suck
    -cant save when you want making you have to replay areas and watch the same cut scenes
    -enemies can take entire clips and don't go down yet a couple kicks kill them everytime
    - cant run while using the navigator
    -to dark
    -horrible cover system ( come on capcom gears and uncharted have this system mastered what gives?)

Overall this game is a **** gears of war clone and sadly it will still sell because the same idiots that buy call of duty every year will buy this garbage, and the fans already bought it and feel like rape victims now.
  30. Nov 25, 2012
    All around, this is a disappointment. I loved RE5, but 6 does not live up to that memory. If you want a good action game, play Mass Effect 3. If you want a good survival horror game, play ZombieU. But do not buy RE6, it does a really bad job of trying to mix both genres, and ends up with a horrible conglomeration that fails to impress either way.
  31. Nov 27, 2012
    the game lost its fame and glory from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City but this game is not resident evil is a bad combination of uncharted, left for dead and silent hill
  32. Nov 30, 2012
    A complete non-sense mess in form of a game. I like action games, i really do. But if you´re going to do an action game, you have to make a dynamic gameplay and a functional camera. If you pretend to make a crazy action scene, you have to give it context, so that it makes sense and doesn´t sound cheap. DONT SIMPLY put characters in a stupid story and doing crazy and meaningless things just to make "impressive" action sequences in a action game! You´re insulting the intelligence of the players by doing so! The motive why that works on titles like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem it´s because they´re supposed to be a 80s action movie (they have context) but Resident Evil is the kind of franchise which we (the fans) ACTUALLY CARE about what happens to the main characters, the way that the story is driven and etc. If Capcom thinks that we will kiss her butt by giving us: a regular gameplay; bad camera; horrible partner A.I.; a multiplayer mode that nobody asked for; weakest storyline of the franchise; forgettable secondary characters like Piers; linear levels designed in the most claustrophobic way; millions of disposable quick time events and action sequences... they are wrong. We aren´t stupid, the user score on metacritic is a clear proof of that. Expand
  33. Dec 12, 2012
    Ein gutes action Spiel, aber ein schlechtes Resident Evil. Enttäuschender Teil.
    A good action game, but a bad Resident Evil. Disappointing part of the game series.
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wouldn't normally write a review based on about 2 hours of playing a game, but I'm at the point where I can't even force myself to carry on with Resident Evil 6.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Resident Evil. I mean, thanks to RE5 - not the best in the series by a long shot, but still an enjoyable experience - I use Wesker's final scream of "CHRIIIIIS!!" as my username on most things now. The first 3 games were great survival horror games, and the only thing that let Code Veronica down was it's cartoony graphic style. RE4 took the series in a great new direction, and RE5 built on that and added a fun co-op mechanic. Then things started going downhill - Operation Raccoon City was painful to play, but I had no idea that the usual Resident Evil team would use that as the basis for RE6!
    Resident Evil 6 is a third-person action game, and a bad one at that. It starts out with a big explosion, and the next thing you know you're running away from exploding cars and flying a damaged helicopter through a big city. Not the best way to draw someone in to what is essentially a zombie game.

As I said at the start of this review, I've only played a couple of hours. The first chapter of Leon's campaign to be precise. And it was such an awful, clunky, Quick Time Event-ridden mess that I straight up refused to carry on. I was killed constantly by trains and cars because the QTE for dodging didn't come up thanks to another QTE for killing a zombie overriding it. It's QTE-ception!
    Anyway, the controls aren't great, despite finally being able to run without holding a button (you still use A to sprint, but it's a start at least). For some reason, the melee attacks are so powerful you can take down a standard zombie in about 3 hits. Each hit stun-locks them as well, making this the go-to approach for thinning the herds. A HUGE departure from ammo-conserving survival horror.

The first chapter of Leon's campaign consisted of a nice, atmospheric run through a dark, almost abandoned college campus. "This is getting better", I thought. WRONG! Jump scares and kicking zombies to death! The kicking part might sound cool, but it's actually pretty boring, and feels rigid when you're actually doing it. The amount of QTEs is too damn high as well. "Quick, tap A! Wiggle the left stick! Press X to not die!" This is not my idea of fun. That being said, the bit where you get in a car and have to search for the keys, start it up, and drive off before the zombies break in and kill you was pretty tense though, and a good way of handling QTEs. Shame about the hundreds of other bad uses of them in this game.
    My interest in the game gradually lessened by the underground section - narrow corridors where you can barely see anything (even with the brightness turned up), trains coming along with very little warning - see the QTE issue I previously mentioned - and zombies literally jumping at you out of the shadows. Sounds fun. Tense, even. Nope. It's painfully dull, and this is where the cheap deaths began.
    Shortly after the awful underground section, you're back on street level. Zombies everywhere, but that's not the problem. Cars come out of nowhere with absolutely no warning or way to tell where they're going to veer off.

After getting flattened by an ambulance whilst getting screamed at by a REALLY ANNOYING enemy a bunch of times, I gave up. I simply wasn't having fun. The game is a chore to play, and so far the story isn't even interesting. I have no reason to carry on with it.

So, the positive things about this game... The graphics are nice, despite being horrendously dark, and the sound design is good, but not the best out there by far. Gameplay is generic and feels like a slightly improved Operation Raccoon City, which isn't a good thing. Story just isn't interesting so far. I can't honestly recommend RE6 to Resident Evil fans, let alone anyone else. If you feel that you absolutely MUST play this game, rent it. Don't waste your money on it.

My 3 out of 10 is based on the graphic/sound design. Like I said, it's pretty good. I can't honestly say a positive thing about the gameplay. It's just that bad.
  35. Mar 23, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 took the franchise in a more action orientated direction and sadly RE 6 continues that trend. RE 6 is not a survival/horror game, but an all out 3rd person shooter with zombies and monsters, and though a lot of reviewers choose to call that “evolution”, I humbly disagree. As a matter of fact the franchise feels like it has been struck with a serious case of DEvolution to the point where I actually felt like I was playing Dragon’s Lair from 1983.
    I wouldn’t have a problem with an action orientated RE game, if it at least was done well. But RE 6 sadly isn’t. The controls feel inadequate in regard to the action and the number of fights in extremely restrictive areas leads more to confusion than excitement. On top of that, Capcom has somehow managed to make one of the worst and least effective covering systems ever devised, which further compounds the problems of fighting in close quarters. Imagine trying to aim at a monster simply to have your character slam his back against a wall. Yes, you use the same button to aim and cover. Who came up with that brilliant idea? Then there’s the melee. Run up to a badguy and push the attack button, then sit back and enjoy (provided your character actually does the correct attack, which I have observed them to be rather reluctant to do on several occasions). It is rather frustrating to stand right in front of a prone enemy and then watch your character firmly a couple of innocent air molecules rather than do the stomp he was supposed to. Maybe the reason for this is the hitbox. Everything has to be just so… Another situation where this presents itself is with the jumping zombies. Blow a zombies head of at the “wrong” time (when it’s too close) and the now HEADLESS zombie will continue to nibble at your neck with its… now absent head.
    The real problem with this game is in it’s guided “gameplay”. It is very busy guiding the player’s hand from start to finish through mindless shooting and the most absurd amounts of quick-time and scripted events I have ever seen in a game. I found myself wondering if it was time constraint that prevented Capcom from having quick-time events for reloading or taking health, because there sure are quick-times for just about everything else in this game.
    When you are not wiggling your analogstick, pumping a button, or timing a specific button press, you are also kept busy simply holding a button for running and then left to see how the game does EVERYTHING for you.
    I remember a specific boss battle where I practically didn’t do anything at all myself except for the occasional button press.
    We have a word for that, Capcom: INTERACTIVE MOVIE!
    Yes, that is what a lot of this game feels like, especially when you spontaneously die for simply walking in the wrong direction at the wrong time.
    And then there’s the padding; the endless repetitive respawning of bosses which reaches laughable proportions in this game. Constantly respawning bosses in order to prolong the “fight” and the game does not make it exciting. It makes it laughable, and then mindnumblingly boring!
    But let us end this on a positive note.
    The AI in this game is actually a big step up from RE 5 and the decision to loose the micromanagement of your AI buddy is deeply appreciated.
    Other than that, the most exciting thing about this game has to be the death sequences, which are amazingly brutal.
    I cannot in any way recommend this game to even the most dedicated RE fan. This game sadly represents everything that is wrong with the game industry at the moment. It aims for the lowest common denominator and unfortunately manages to hit rock bottom in the process.
  36. Apr 16, 2013
    Holy crap, what happened? This is coming from a guy who is so obsessed with zombies I have one tattooed on my arm, this game was honestly rubbish. The worst ever in the Resident Evil series. RE 4 was and still is the greatest game of all time, RE 5 was outstanding so surely there's only one play you could go? Down, that's right! What a shame.
  37. Apr 18, 2013
    I will start this by saying i only started playing resident evil at number four and have not completed a game at the original format. This game can be summed up with one word disappointing I had such high hopes for this game as RE4 is quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created in my opinion and five was fun as long as you had a friend to play it with but this is just dull. The game consists of three campaigns all revolving around the same plot i shan't spoil much for anyone interested in picking this up. The game seems to be trying to cross the original RE4 format with a game like gears of war and it doesn't work the controls are clunky and unresponsive and instead of tension building up and the tension that every enemy could kill you instantly we have full on firefights which shouldn't be happening coming from a survival horror game the enemies are mediocre with the same guys with the same guns all the time you never really feel under threat and the game is incredibly easy even on professional difficulty Despite the game having three campaigns they are all almost identical and by the time i was playing through the third one i was just playing through the same game for a third time. The game has some good moments which remind you that you are playing a resident evil game and not something like gears of war but it isn't worth the asking price i would seriously give this a miss and play through RE4 again it is a far Superior game on all accounts Expand
  38. May 3, 2013
    This game is poo I rather go back on re5 than this poo game end of story...

What we now got is people doing wrestling moves on zombies? Really?

Let me say like german sulpex's zombies these guys must love the WWE wrestling fake stuff then cause you can german suplex a zombie many times and his head would explode BOOM, maybe they should make a wrestling game then it suit it more.

And other people saying this game is "good the best in series" how you sure about that? Dear god look at RE5 it had a guy in a mask with a big axe now who's the big guy here?

Nobody I wanted to really see a annoying guy with something to come at you like the chainsaw guy then again he only came on Jake's and Ada's and Leon he get's something rather easy as boss.

Everything all about this game turned really wrong is this what you fans like? Purely crap that can't seem to know what it wants to be either RE or cod or left for dead or gears of war or... man I could go on.

Capcom I spit in your face for making one of the worst games ever.

It's just a movie at the end of the day your not doing jack all in it way too many qte in this game ruin the most pleaseing fans of RE.

It's offical you guys like this cause it's a MOVIE that plays for YOU and you don't have to do jack.

That's why half of the whole world hates this game because of "evlove" evlove this? My ass

Chris game was so boring what is with the long chase vs a big boss coming after you at the end?

It make no sense at all then making new charaters then after killing them like Piers wtf why don't they just use Jill and Chirs so the storyline is quite pointless because it's never explaned in the first place.

Since when is RE a team game? It never was capcom as a fan I will never understand the change over to this now re5 had problems too but they was forgiveable this however is not.

This game must be made in a hurry for that hard cash from us.

sorry but Capcom needs to do more on the next one before I buy it so mad now
  39. Oct 2, 2012
    I cannot believe this game. They did everything we didn't want them to do! They made it more of an action game, they added more co-op and that pointless AI partner, and it isn't even scary! What the hell is wrong with you Capcom?
  40. Jan 30, 2013
    I am a huge resident evil fan. I have the entire main series, as well as two of the side games. I unfortunately add owning Resident Evil 6 to that list. I got through two chapters of Chris' storyline and cannot take any more. Clumsy controls, nauseating camera angles, and an aiming system that seems to do away with the aiming part. The only reason I even gave RE6 a 2/10 was because the story arc seemed interesting, and I liked the idea of different characters different action. That being said, I couldn't put up with the many flaws to even find out how it ends. Expand
  41. Oct 2, 2012
    This is literally the worst Resident Evil game yet, i start the campaign, and everything is really stupid. Shoot this shoot that go over there, OMG big scary monster! Like come on i beat Jake and Leons campaign in just about 6 hours! this is what i get for playing this on my day off. I am done with Resident Evil hasn't been a good one since RE4. They have it all wrong. The sound effects are like diarrhea coming out of a trumpets ass! Expand
  42. Dec 21, 2012
    Awful game. Another one stitched together by overlong and boring cut scenes that dont enhance the game. Press A press B etc do dodge things when they tell you. Not horror survival, not first person shooter just an awful outside corridoors type of action game ........with very little action or game. I think they should have just made a movie as this is what the game appears to be trying to be.
    I didnt believe the low scores before i bought this game but i do now!
  43. Jan 27, 2013
    In my eyes, with RE5 and 6, Capcom completely whored out their Resident Evil franchise to make money, damaging their high reputation of beeing able to deliver awesome horror/survival games. This mess called Resident Evil 6 is the logic consequence of people buying the mess that Resident Evil 5 already was. Just really makes me wonder how RE7 will look like. Imho they can either go back to horror and survival, or finally kill their franchise with an even more dumbed down action game. Expand
  44. Oct 4, 2012
    Let this game be a prime example for developers of why you DO NOT stray from the path that your series has made. The Resident Evil series made the Horror Game Market with its special touch. That touch caused the creation of many great horror games by other developers: Dead Space, ETC. That touch caused you to not waste your ammo and the priceless moments of scaring the **** out of you. That touch is no-more. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face. That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. You threw it up and screamed WHAT THE **** DID I JUST TASTE. Expand
  45. Oct 3, 2012
    Very bad game design. Some scenes like flee in motorcycle can actually be played without hands, without any inputs. Like a film. Where's interactions ? BAD GAME !
  46. Nov 19, 2012
    What is happening to Capcom? there is no more creativity, we don't need more action games,we don't need seven campaigns, we need a real survival horror game.

Please Capcom fix, and patch, but the all the game.
    XD
  47. Oct 5, 2012
    Another fine example of a terrible entry in a terrible franchise kept alive by more mature casual players and fanboys who liked it when they were young and refuse to see the mess of a game that it is. The dialogue is horrible, hammy, and badly acted, the gameplay is sub-par for modern third person action games, and the only reason any gamer will like it is because they are stuck in the past. The only positives I can mention are that the game actually boots when you put it in your system, and that the co-op isn't a complete lag fest. Expand
  48. Oct 6, 2012
    Olviden que este título nos trae el terror, horror, puzzles y muchas otras cosas que prometió Capcom para esta entrega. Resident Evil 6 sigue el camino que Mikami arrojó en RE4, pero con una ejecución que deja mucho que desear.

Ahora solo corremos por un pasillo con puntos de auto-guardado, 0 exploración, con puzzles simplones, que solo están
    puestos en el juego para poder llevar el nombre de Resident Evil y recordarnos que alguna vez esta serie nos dejó pegados durante días frente al televisor, tratando de pasar por un lugar.

Un juego que, si no hubiese sido por la opción de jugar en cooperativo, seguramente hubiese mandado de inmediato al carajo, en serio
  49. Oct 8, 2012
    I am a huge Resident Evil fan and I have played every single game, 4 being my favorite. I read a lot of ratings on here and couldn't believe them until I played the game myself. I just completed all the campaigns. What a beautiful game ruined by random frustrating button mashing and jittery movements. I base my rating solely on the game play and the frustration that comes with it. I think the story line is solid and the creatures in the game are probably some of the best Resident Evil monsters I've ever seen but good lord is this game frustrating to play. My advice to all Resident Evil fans is wait to buy this till its twenty bucks or if you have it handed to you for free. Other than that don't waste your time or money on this game. This installment is almost as bad as Operation Racoon City. Expand
  50. Oct 7, 2012
    It feels like whoever made this game never played it themselves or played anyother game that has come out in the last 5 years. The game is just so frustrating, especially if you want to play split screen. First off if you want to play the game you must do this dumb prologue, which does not teach you the controls or in anyway prepare you to play the game. Now this dose not sound too bad but if your playing with two people then if the second player wants to change their perks they must go through it. Then if you want to change your perks the first player must sign out and then have the second player go through the menus, then sign back in. It also sucks that there is only one mutiplayer map and if you want to play the others you must beat 2 campaigns, thats like 10 hours just to unlock a new map. There are so many other things which just suck, when your split screen friend dies you must watch them fall to the ground on your screen and cant see what your player is doing. The bosses have weak points but good luck trying to find them without looking it up online or dying. The game gives absolutely no back story, I have no idea whats going on, and the more I play the less I care. The settings and enemies are just so ridiculous and boring (shark, dinosaur, snake, fly). The cover system is pathetic, and has absolutely no use.

The mercenaries mode is really fun tho.
  51. Oct 9, 2012
    I am so monumentally disappointed with this game. I have been a fan of Resident Evil for years, played all the games and this is by far the worst. It doesn't even feel like a game - Chris and Jake's campaigns consist of running pointlessly from one cut-scene to the next. Playing this game is like being an extra in a poorly written movie.

I'm giving it a 2 because the Mercenaries mode is
    not too bad. Expand
  52. Oct 29, 2012
    If this game was under a different title I would give it 5/10 as it is a pretty mediocre third person shooter, but I think it is unfair of Capcom for trying to cash in on the success of a once great survival horror game by trying to trick people into thinking that this bland corridor-shooter has anything to do with the previous games other than a few plot references. I was a die-hard resident evil fan in the past, I will not be spending any more money on this series now that it is in generic shooter territory. Expand
  53. Feb 17, 2013
    Most times, you here as a counter argument: "Resident Evil changed, it isn't what it used to be. Don't compare it with the old parts!" Well, I don't! Resident Evil 6 is a very bad stand alone Game and bored the hell out of me!
  54. Mar 1, 2013
    An unforeseen misadventure of a beloved franchise which was renown for being a survival horror with the right degree of action elements to entertain more visceral impulses. Having bought almost all titles of the series, I was disappointed to witness Resident Evil as another victim to commercialization in the gaming industry: simplification of mechanics for accessibility, points-based skill system as the reward-playtime 'incentive', vague genre for mass-appeal, and a rampant pace which has no focus. Resident Evil 6 has not only lost its plot, it has lost the redeeming values which captivated their original audience betraying them in an attempt to expand their marketing horizon with delusional ambition; consequences therein losing both the original audience in the future who supported the franchise and the alluring statistics of potential players who won't be interested since RE6 is a chaotic production.

RE6 is an ambitious disaster.
  55. Apr 17, 2013
    I will not know why so many people like dis damn game? Good parts: 1. good graphics yes we all like how Leon's hair look in these games frankly that's it 2. can move and shoot now, yeah and jump on the floor if needed to dodge an attack 3. good cut scenes and voice acting is top notch Ok the cons with this game: Cons 1. not scary anymore look at Resident Evil 4 that kind of was
    2. linear game that you can only go forward and not backwards to areas you already went by
    3. mostly of the time you and you're partner got to open doors this makes game a chore boring dull and more I should say? Well you should at least open them by YOURSELF
    4. this is not Resident Evil
    5. the zombies transform into many many many many many forms :D it's like a game gone wrong or they are trying to make other games in one rather than one
    6. the story sucks to the grave really one thing Leon's partner will say so who's this Ada? And Leon says oh no I say later on. Guess what he don't, all the character here does not want to tell nothing when they been asked a damn question. The story will just confuse you a lot here
    7. the levels can be annoying and confusing and dull like Jake's last mission man it's boring you going up in this lift that rotates to A to G and finding how to get there was dull annoying because of the re-spawning monsters that multiply into another monster into another
    8. cut scene's have a lot of these qt e's that annoy you even more damn why mess this game up by this?
    9. I hate the new skills set up no more weapon up grade's just plain boring skills even the Mercenaries 3d ds skills are far better than this
    10. cheap deaths yes it happens a lot when a boss knocks you down you on the floor and your friend the al saves you but then the boss attacks you again and you die so you can't get back up fast enough because the boss kills you
    11. wow 11? The list goes on I' am sorry you fans but this game is not that good ok the boss of Leon's the big fly thing at the end was dull you try to kill it took ages to kill maybe forever too
    12. zombies with guns? Are you mad cap com? We don't need a game like Gears of war we already got one that's better GOW^^
    13. mercenaries again only 3 levels we wanted more and more cap com but not this time we would not get, really sad
    14. you can fully move the camera now from behind you but I rather not I like it in RE4 it stays behind you this time no
    15. the game holds your hand through out the game start to finish they is no challenge to RE anymore all too easy
    16. not a horror game any more just plain call of duty shooter wannabe
    17. the music is horrible too and the screams when you die can get on your nerves by partner
    18. the zombies now have super human jumps when they down they leap at you like superman
    19. stamina bar is a rip off when you try to to a fast hit shot you lose stamina so you need to heal yourself or wait for it to recovery
    20. characters feel heavy they will trip up a lot in this game
    21. last one is BORING BORING BORING GAME!!!

Iam getting stick with RE games now they only a clone of RE5 now days
    nothing new -_-
    bring back the RE how it was meant to be in the first place crap people!
  56. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Resident Evil 5 made so much money (probably because Resident Evil 4 was a massive hit) and never truly lived up to the hype of Res 4. In my honest opinion they sold out to make more money and break into the COD target audience (12-16 year males) with action, action, action.
    Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different
    playable characters (where lets be honest 95 of us just wanted to play as Leon and maybe the other 5% as Chris) and more quick time events then you could handle. It seems they are just more interested in making a action based game for the yung'uns to make money then making a horror survival for a smaller audience.

You would think they would of learnt their mistake with Res 5 but nope they saw that it took loads of money so decided to stick with that action horror genre (and even calling it action 'HORROR' is being grateful)

If you enjoy playing as characters you don't care about and you have to have action every 2 seconds and just wanna shot some zombars then go for it, this is the game for you.

If you are a fan of the series (well until Res4 that is) then i suggest that you don't go anywhere near it as Capcom are not catering for your needs anymore.

They had such potential with Leon & maybe Chris that they could of done something so much better but as i read from a critic on this very website that apparently 600 people went into making this game then it is literally like a game where they didn't know what direction they wanted to take so just chucked random stuff together and then went "taaa daaaa" "please buy this game, we have explosions and quick time events for all you kiddies that don't have to work out any puzzles or even think a little"

i get frustrated because they had it all and once again like EA they wanted to make as much money as possible and stick two fingers up at you..

I apologize for keep repeating myself about the action and quick time events but imagine Res 1 when you first encounter the dogs through the windows in the hall way or the Licker on the ceiling or either res 2 with the zombies at the beginning or that bastard on the bus and it was all quick time events and you had to press the shoulder buttons to move left and right, it wouldn't feel the same now would it. They dumbed it down and made it in to a movie and lets be honest who gives a f about Jake or whats her name.
  57. Apr 5, 2014
    Wow... where should i begin. Capcom, i used to LOVE the "Resident Evil" series. It used to be all about surviving, trying to conserve your ammo as much as possible. To struggle to survive the zombies and to reveal the story and which used to have a deeper meaning in it. I don't know what the fudge you have been doing at the office cause, I'm sorry to say it, but this is **** It was a big let down... The ammo never runs out and the story is just crap and you have made it into some stupid 12 year old shooter where everything is gonna be "cool" and just overpowered. I was literally laughing through the cut scenes of how overpowered everything is and how it's not what it used to be. You have totally lost the red thread in this series. From being one of the best horror games on the game market to being this crap. I'm so disappointed and angry at the same time. I've played through the game to be able to have a valid opinion but as for me (a true resident evil fan) this is it for me. I will keep playing the old games cause they are really good but if you are gonna keep release this kind of resident evil games then I don't want anything to do with it. I'm ding dong diddly done... Expand
  58. Oct 4, 2012
    This is not Resident Evil anymore, Capcom succumbs to the mainstream devil and bows down to the money to please the masses with nonstop explosions and shooter action like in CoD. I can understand the kids from today like uncomplicated action like this, i do not. Capcom failed to go back to the roots, instead they delivered a soulless shooter rollercoaster, to please the mainstream and to earn more money off the people who do not seem to like the old values of the series, or simply do not know them, because they are simply too young or haven't played the grand old parts of the series. In my eyes this game is a disgrace and deserves ALL the negative response from the fanbase. People who rate this above 5 or even 10 have lost their touch, sad but true.

I'll give it a 1/10 because it's not completely terrible, but it is far away from what i expected from a game labled Resident Evil. It goes with the same trend like the movies, it gets worse and worse. After Operation Racoon City this is another deep rock bottom of the series and it is questionable if they can restore their reputation in futuregames or if they keep those low mainstreamstandards. I am very dissapointed of the result.
  59. Nov 30, 2012
    just finished leon's campaign. I don't even see why people say this one was good. The first 2 chapters had some potential with lots of zombies. However starting with the underwater boss in the 3rd chapter and the major last boss that you literally fight for the entirety of the last 2 chapters really make this a bore. It seems like the team that made this game gave up on trying to create interesting gameplay. Even if they wanted to do a mostly action game they totally failed. I'm not even going to bother with the other 3 campaigns because I can't see how they would be any better. I don't mind RE evolving but this game is the worst of the bunch (much worse than RE5 which I enjoyed). Way too many quick time events (the climbing in the last chapter was just totally frustrating), bosses that drag on way too long, a total lack of any puzzles, etc. I also wish they would at least try to make the game more realistic in terms of how much hurt a human can take, not with respect to zombies but regarding surviving the most incredible action scenes from helicopter crashes, plane crashes, 5 minutes underwater at the hands of a shark, etc. Finally the disjointed nature of the campaigns takes away from the story dramatically. It feels way too short unlike the evolving stories of previous games. I suggest not wasting your time or if you really want to try it then rent the game. Definitely do not purchase it. Expand
  60. Oct 3, 2012
    This is nothing like resident evil, its a cheap nasty cod clone, with nothing but action and cut scenes and QTEs. Its linear, its a travesty of its former self.
  61. Feb 9, 2013
    Worst game of 2012. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
  62. Sep 20, 2013
    I really thought that RE4 was the game to redeem the RE franchise, but then we have a follow up of the mediocre and forgettable RE5, and now this crap. The graphics are shockingly crap with very blandly detailed environments, and the enemy textures are also shockingly crap. It seems that Crapcom spent all of their time creating a highly textured Leon, then couldn't be bothered with the rest. Seriously RE4 on the PS2 looked much better than this in every regard. Oh and the playability is crap, too. Bring back Shinji Mikami or the RE series is doomed. Expand
  63. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is a literal piece of crap. Crapcom totally shat the bed with this turkey. I felt like I had a mental instability due to the camera. Also if you are not Japanese and do not study viruses this game is clearly not for you. I had no idea what the frick was going on half the time. Also the President is a fricking zombie!!!! WTF in these trying times I can't deal with that many emotions at once. Good job Cap com, or should I say Crapcom. You have fricked me for the last time. Expand
  64. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst game ever... In the past, ever since RE 2 on the N64, I would put in a RE game and just Know that it was going to make life okay, I knew that all my anxieties and failings and disappointments in life were going to be left at the door when I popped in this RE game. I could always rely on their quality, substance, and entertainment. They were like any other Thing ever created. They weren't just games, they were inspirations that brought me to new psychological heights. I connected with their creative streams of thought, their high quality craftsmanship, these games made me a better person. I wanted to reach the level of inspiration and quality that I experienced in these games in my own life. And I had patience and trust and security in that. That no matter what, Capcom would always release a quality RE game that put all other games and most other forms of entertainment media to shame. And now this, it is almost as if one awoke into a sad disappointing nightmare, where all faith and trust and hope are gone and you are only left with yourself and the bland ugliness that surrounds you everywhere. Everything about RE6 is wrong, everything, it just feels wrong altogether. Perhaps it is this stage in time, perhaps there needs to be death to many things for a beautiful and inspired birth of new things. But the death of RE is one of the most painful and sad experiences of my entertainment life. I have had relationships end that felt less discouraging than this. When RE6 tagged it 'no hope left' they were just smacking us lifelong fans in the face with another 'F U we know your hopes are crushed'. Whoever allowed this game to be made is undeserving of a seat at mcdonald's. The creator of this game is lacking testosterone and has no artistic substance to them at all, they are ugly, whoever made this game is a bad mark on humanity. I'm going to go vomit now. Expand
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us. I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the horror? Things have changed. You used to pour hours into finding the solutions to mind-bending and dangerous puzzles, collecting clues and keys, while at the same time trying to stay alive long enough to make it worth your while, unraveling the deep riveting story and plot twists as you went. It is also worth noting that this was all usually done ALONE, or at best with ONE other person. Survival horror is **** dead. I have little to no hope in it's miraculous resurrection with Dead Space 3. You **** maggots with your swag and your YOLO, and your 3 second twitch-reactionary, call of duty clone, shallow, soulless, corporate bile, gaming appetites have desecrated another great series. Having actually given the game a fair honest chance, 40+ hours of an honest chance, I can say with complete genuine sincerity that this game can be a very entertaining co-op romp, bursting with "features" and "modes", and the graphics are as close to top-notch as consoles will permit, however, if you're looking for any remnant of a real "RESIDENT EVIL" game, you're in for soul crushing disappointment. It's a mediocre action game at best, albeit a very uninspired and cowardly action game, at best. Survival horror was and is my favorite gaming genre, but it's also a genre that's been on life-support for some time now. The first Dead Space gave me hope, and the second one was pretty good too. Survival horror used to be a genre exclusively for the hardcore, intelligent, adult gamer who would be forcefully thrown, alone, into a mature world where every closed door could open into your impending death at the hands of some unnameable horror. This genre has always been a niche (minority) gaming genre with loyal fans, however, major AAA gaming corporation (like Capcom) realize that the fanbase for such games is relatively low, so to make more money they must cater to the "casual" gamers, kids, college bros, fps fanboys, overly protective mothers, etc., by turning the pure horror element into a call of duty style, run-and-gun, over-the-top, action, co-op, multiplayer, leaderboard infested, perversion of an original idea. Essentially, they must reach the widest demographic possible to make the most money (because they've done studies that show that the average consumer's attention span is lower than ever and call of duty/FPS games sell right now), so they let every possible money making influence stick their dicks in the original idea pie, resulting in something like RESIDENT EVIL 6. No horror to be had, but tons of visual pleasing, run-and-gun, call of duty inspired, action packed, co-op moments, and any mentioning of survival horror influence laden therein just makes me **** sick. I have nothing against people who find these polished turds entertaining, because it ultimately comes down to how much you value your time. Some people's entertainment time is nothing more than to simply kill time between working and sleeping. I value my gaming time as if it were an artform, and I appreciate all the subtle nuances, mechanics, underlying plots, inspirations, symbolism, subtle references, etc. My gaming time is sacred, and I'll only spend my money on the highest caliber of art within my set of subjective genre preferences, which happens to be the one getting the shaft at the moment; survival horror. It's a bad joke, and it's literally at your expense. I know a lot of you want the game to be good so badly that you're willing to find any possible rationalization to convince yourself that this game is still worthy of the title on the disk, but it's not. I've done my grieving for the series a long time ago, and it may take some of you fans a little bit longer to wake up to the truth and realize that what you once cherished has now mutated into something uninspired, unoriginal, and bloated. Maybe some of you have noticed already...Go ahead, pour your 30-40 hours in, beat all the difficulties, get your achievements/trophies, then head to MULTIPLAYER, patiently await overpriced DLC that you can throw more of your money at, like a sad tired junkie waiting for the next placebo fix. If anyone granting this game a positive review is even half of the fan they may claim to be, then I know with near certainty that they too must be as upset over this soulless trash as I am. How could they not be? They may not want to admit it now for various reasons, but in time, it will sink in. On the inside, true fans everywhere are reeling in a feeling of deep repulsion and betrayal, and the numerous list of growing negative user-reviews reflects that. Something's horribly wrong here...Here's a surefire litmus-test to tell a "real" fan of the series from the fake ones, the one's whose only knowledge of the game is from #4 forward, ask them if they know what an "ink ribbon" is, and more importantly, if they've ever used one! BOTTOM LINE: I give it a one in memorandum of the name on the disk. They should change the name. Expand
  67. Oct 9, 2012
    The only thing that I could say is...: "what the fuck...?"
    Resident Evil wasn't just able to do ANY choice and create a game with 4 different gameplay, all in the wrong way. They're trying to do a copy of Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Splinter Cell and the most present: Uncharted. These games are mixed together and Capcom is trying to do a unique game with 4 total different gameplay with
    the same elements. Nothing works. This game is unplayable and not fun at all.
    I nerver played such a bad game since "D".
    What the hell happened to you Capcom?
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    I should of known better. This is not resident evil. After playing for one day, I returned it. It's got plenty of qte action(not for me) , where is the horror? Short answer not in this game. Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one. Resident evil went from top tier to gutter trash. Avoid at all costs.
  69. Oct 3, 2012
    If you are looking for a survival horror game, Resident Evil 6 is not that game. Is a action game, a very bad and poor action game. Is a marketing ploy call the game Resident Evil. Buying new is a waste of money.
  70. Oct 6, 2012
    Where to start!?
    This is one of the worst game I have ever played!
    I'm a big RE fan and have played all RE games. All the aspects are so bad! I have finished Leon and almost Chris.
    Don't buy this game, specially if You are a RE fan.
  71. Oct 7, 2012
    More joystick waggle than a loose wrist with a Wiimote. I was surprised that the final boss wasn't the in-game camera, but maybe they're saving that for the next lackluster sequel.
  72. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can get over the gameplay changes throughout the series, even the n00b level of playing that it has become... but the one thing i cannot stand is ruining to Canon storyline. C-virus? really? magically creating everything that all the old virus's and parasites used to make? i mean seriously running through the game with Leon, only encountering Zombies. Somehow Chris and Jake never encounter a single Zombie in the same city, and only encounter J'avo (seriously c-virus made these? hmm well guess las plagas just went extinct didnt they?). This newest game completely destroys the Resident Evil story just like those crappy movies they keep making. Don't forget capcom you can re-use the T-virus, G-virus, T+G virus, the T-leeches, T-veronica virus, Weskers Virus, Progenitor Virus, T-abyss virus, and oh i dunno the 5 or 6 parasite species you introduced. When you actually look at all 7 character playthroughs. the story is short, very short, so i guess it makes sense that they were lazy and decided to make a game with Zombies and J'avo's (poor rip offs of your own mijini's and los ganados) being created with the C-virus. Oh wait i just remembered the ripoffs of left 4 dead monsters as the zombies mutations. In my opinion the games are getting lazier and lazier in their storytelling. It used to be puzzles and special items to defeat unique bosses. And if you didnt have a special poison for a plant mutation of something, you got the "you are dead" screen, until you actually figured out what to do. This whole holding your hand throughout the game, and dropping the entire story without doing any sort of special digging. Go back to survival horror capcom, and try to actually incorporate any newer releases with your classic survival horror feel. Not saying go back completely, just try to evolve the old feelings of the games into a modern game. Not turning into a shoot, smash, grab, and run game. Expand
  73. Oct 8, 2012
    I have reviewed most of the posts about this game and it really makes me wonder if anyone who gave this game a 10 have even seen any other games out there. How can you call this "trolling" when an overwhelming majority have rated this game so bad. Most of the highest posts were from gamers who hadn't finished the first few chapters. Wait until Chapters 4 and 5 and you realize you have already played most of this in the beginning of the game, or until you realize that you are fighting the same guy over and over. I don't care if it's Capcom or anyone else, I really don't care who puts what out there and calls it a game, but if it's a piece of ****, then I am going to call it a piece of ****. Read the highest reviews and they even agree that it's nowhere near a 10 but they feel they have to give it a high rating to make up for all the low scores. Really, what is the point of rating something if you feel that you have defend it for the poor product it really is? I have always been the type of person who if it smells like ****, looks likes ****, then it must be ****., and this game is ****. Don't post if you haven't even played the game and especially if you have to give it a higher rating than you really feel it deserves. The reviews DONT LIE, over 2,600 negative reviews to 260 positive, are you seriously trying to say that 10 times the people have got it wrong and you are right? I'm not a hater of RE6, but when you produce something this bad and charge people $65 dollars, I feel they should know what they aren't getting for their money. $15 would be a fair price for what you get with this game. Capcom may have spent countless amounts promoting this game, but I think that you will see sales dwindle and people actually telling the game world that we want more and not some troll of a game. Expand
  74. Oct 11, 2012
    Basically is a COD in third-person with with Uncharted elements with zombies. There is no survival aspects in this game. You can waste your bullets, your herbs. There's no challenge. It's a really bad game.
  75. Nov 3, 2012
    Very disappointing game. It is not a survival horror. I think capcom has ruined this game unless they switch it back. Just a retarded game. Rent before you buy because you will thank me later.
  76. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  77. Jan 15, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  78. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less
    like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  79. Mar 7, 2013
    Another example of a company trying to sell more to a wider audience than just making a good game in one genre. I must give it a low score to counter the idiots giving it a ten to counter the people who don't like it. It's more like a 6.
  80. Apr 23, 2013
    Well, this is enough for me, I have been watching (and playing) since resident evil 4 how they turned the franchise into the crappiest of the crappiest and I cant take it anymore. So I will forget about Resident Evil forever.

And to the users that are giving this abortion of a game high notes sayin things like there is a ton of explosions, new zombies and monsters, graphics, and all,
    you dont have any idea what a game is, let alone a survival horror game.

And this folks is the future of mainstream games, I only trust that initiatives like kickstarter can bring us games like the used to be because if not, I'll give up gaming and start just reading books.
  81. Jul 11, 2013
    Worrying look at the future

IS this really how Capcom thinks we westerners want to play games? A series of quick time events linked by 20 second bursts of holding A and forward on the left stick make up large parts of two of the campaigns here.

Random, unavoidable death scenes are foisted upon you as you struggle to work out exactly how the developer wants you to play the game
    throughout too.

This game is an ordeal which i have barely had the patience to see through top the end.

Last night I finally finished the Chris campaign (worst of a bad bunch) by leaving the final boss battle primarily up to the AI partner.

Another low point of the Chris campaign was when my sister rang, forcing me to put the pad down but leave the game running.

50 mins later i found i had not died and had actually progressed through the second chapter.

It turns out that Capcom probably just want you to 'ooh' and 'aah' through huge chunks of their games without questioning anything like plot, interactivity, challenge (not counting random deaths) or skill.

OH, did i mention the horrible control scheme and camera movement?

Jeezus...holding three buttons to shoot out of cover sems a bit much, as does constantly rotating the camera angle to show you yet another pwetty expwosion those clever guys put in for you all add up to major gameplay problems...

SO..overlong..overwrought..underwritten...undertested..unbearable.
  82. Jan 2, 2014
    I think this resident evil forgets that it is a game and not a film.

Resident evil as a franchise did so well in the early years of leaving you to your own devices often with a chess piece, a knife and a square crank and it gave you little to no direction as to what to do next. It was intriguing, exciting, and a tense experience which left me completing the first 3 (4 was okay) games
    over and over again.

This game gives you guns, explosions, cut scenes and bottle feeds you set piece after set piece. It just felt like I was going through the motions, often reading Facebook on my phone whilst the cut scenes played out occasionally hitting a button so that the game knew I was still awake.

The bits of the game play that I was allowed to get involved with were generally good, that is the minute and a half of game play inbetween button bashing, set pieces and monologues.

I played the demo and thought this would be okay, Leon's campaign was borderline good, but the others were so abysmally poor/ unplayable I cant't score this higher than 1.

I regret that this game will be the last Resident Evil Game I purchase. It has destroyed the franchise for me.
  83. Oct 10, 2012
    What could I say that hasn't been said already....RE6 is a piece of **** That about sums it up. The game tries to throw in every modern game cliche and convention in the desperate hope of appealing to everyone, but is so unpolished and poorly designed that it cannot pull of anything well. Even if you can forget about the title and look at it as just another action third person shooter there is just nothing to see here that can't be found (and done much better) in any number of other games out there. It's just so ham fisted and poorly executed that I honestly wonder if anyone play tested it before release. Expand
  84. Oct 11, 2012
    Worst game in the series. They should be embarrassed for putting out such garbage. I can't believe i wasted a good Verbatim DL-DVD on this junk. I want my $0.50 back for my disk i burned it on :)
  85. Oct 8, 2012
    This should have been a new ip and it will be decent its clearly doesn't deserve resi 6 name hope dev will learn from their mistake

And why low score cause its not resi
  86. Oct 5, 2012
    Holy cows, this is pretty bad stuff, it's not even a good ACTION game, it's full of technical problems, the camera is awful and the cover system is broken. Surely a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.
  87. Jan 15, 2014
    Capcom, WAKE UP! This is not a Resident Evil game in anyway.
    If Capcom wanted to make a new game series with people who wear a mask and turn into dust when they die, or better yet turn into a T-Rex when they die. Make a new game series, but don't use characters from a well known series to make a new game. In no way, back in 1997 did Resident Evil plan to turn out like this, If you've ever
    played the first 3 games you would know this, Even going by the in game memos you find, Its a ZOMBIE outbreak, Not a mask to dust outbreak. If Albert Wesker really is dead, then there is no coming back to true form. He was Alpha teams squad leader turned bad guy. He didn't have a mystical jacket that made him Neo from the Matrix. What a bad way to turn out. Capcom need to stop spoon feeding 4.7 billion versions of Street Fighter 4. The game is 6 years old, Let it die already. No wonder Mikami has left Capcom. Anybody who rates this game as good, then shame on you because you are the people who are killing this series off. I would rather see Capcom go bankrupt if they think of making another bad Resident Evil game. Make it survival horror Like 1/2/3 or better yet, Like the Gamecube remake, Thats the only good Reisdent Evil game and not even in the last ten years. 4 is not the best, And I wouldn't even call 4 a Resident Evil game either. One more bad Resident Evil game on console (Handheld versions such as the 3DS etc are always going to be bad) but one more AAA version that sucks, Although I have been a die hard Resident Evil fan since 1997, I will honestly never buy another Capcom game other then the next Marvel vs Capcom, or a Resident Evil remake of 2 like the gamecube game that should have happened. Please don't rate this game high or Capcom will never learn what the fans want and how to make money again! Expand
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    Horrible game, Capcom almost literally took a **** on all of their fans with this piece of garbage. It's sad, really but probably for the best since we likely won't get another resident evil game after this, thank god to that.
  89. Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely disappointing. Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but faithful to the franchise name associated with survival horror is certainly not one of them. The entire game looks and feels like a jumbled mess that isn't sure which direction it wants to take; it''s akin to the most recent "Turok" title in that it has little to nothing to do with the franchise name with exception to the name of characters found within, leaving players and especially fans to wonder just what went so horribly wrong.
    The game tries too hard to be both an action game and a horror game without being very successful at either, becoming more of a frustrating slog through something you want so badly to be good instead of a horror-filled thrill ride the title was once was. With Capcom producer Masachika Kawata even admitting the game was a push to cater more to the casual Call of Duty crowd to help bring in record numbers, the only thing Resident Evil 6 has successfully done was turn it's brand name into a washed up husk that's now trying to ride the coattails of another washed up series of games.

This title truly marks the end of a once great series. Rest in Peace, Resident Evil.
  90. Oct 10, 2012
    LOOK what have done to BIO HAZARD, Capcom!!!
    Having been a fan of the series for over a decade, I had a bad feeling when I first played BH5, an obvious change of direction after 4, which was a master piece but a game which arguably changed the foundational elements: horror and helplessness which defined the original Bio Hazard.
    Now this: a utterly unoriginal, ego-packed mess of COD
    action and frustrating fighter.
    Even as a GAME it fails to be accessible and rewarding, relying solely on harvesting fans's emotional attachment to the high polygon version of the character they have grew to care about.
    In one word, AVOID.
  91. Oct 2, 2012
    I stood in line to buy this last night and got aobut 3 hours into it. As a RE fan, I am extremely, extremely disappointed. Rushed, disorganized, and downright shameful to the series (even worse than Operation Racoon city). If i could go back in time and cancel my preorder and get my money back, I would :(
  92. Oct 7, 2012
    All ive got to say is that this is probably one of the most dissopinting games in video game history.This game is pretty much a wannabe left 4 dead.Remember the old resident evils where it was a total pain in the butt to find things you needed to shoot and stuff.This is pretty much a left 4 dead but lfd was meant to be a type of run an gun game but resident evil was meant to be a survival horror.If you bought it and finshed it you better go get your money back and save it for borderlands or something. Expand
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    I will review this game as if i were one of the many retarded people who submit badly spelled, ridiculously excitable and highly annoying reviews on this site. Here goes. WOW fabularse game, gratist gayme ever mayde, besterist graphics ever seen by hooman eyez man, downt listen trolls to the, nothing know they peoples do. sound 63 out of 10 its sounds better than a tree falling on a hamster bro's, grephcis 87 owt oz 10 this game is so sexual lokoing that it is really betterer than a bagfull of megan foxeriz., gaymeplay 1,000,000 out 0v 10 theres stuuf and fings and stuff everywhere and fings, this relly is btteer than cod everyday of the week, awesumness mans and that, gooter goes nah and felch my preoredered copyz from ver shop, skillz and that to you peoples of the game sites, overaalls score 1 outs of500,000,000.2 Expand
  94. Oct 2, 2012
    Is no gaming series safe from over-casualization? Of becoming another Call of duty clone but overwhelmingly worse? Capcom continues this trend with RE 6. Quite simply, everyone is sick of fps' and the industry needs to wake up.
  95. Dec 15, 2012
    This **** piece of **** game is the Nickelback of gaming history, Capcom should be ashamed of having their logo stamped on this abomination, we should just pretend it doesn't exist and move on.
  96. Oct 17, 2012
    Is this a joke? Capcom claim to have been "studying modern trends in control of popular action games". OK at least the layout isn't done by a blind person but the camera angle and field of view make the game unplayable. Not to mention how dark the game is; not intentionally this dark, but due to poor lighting trying to hide away the last-gen graphics. There are Wii games better looking than this. Textures, lighting, floor and wall detail are inexcusable for a 2012 title. The lack of ammo coupled with non-stop quick-time events break up the flow of the action (or what little of it there is), making it impossible to be immersed. You still can't change settings while the game is paused even if you play offline, which again is another silly design decision. You ca't even hipfire. Even if there was enough ammo in this game (which there isn't even with 100% accuracy) it would still feel dull. What we have here is possibly the best example of how NOT to make a video game. I can't think how it could have possibly been worse. Things we take for granted even in the worst of games are missing here. You can't even pause the game to change controls! And the controls and camera are THE WORST I've ever come across in any shooter on any platform so far. I can't imagine how it could be worse. Expand
  97. Oct 2, 2012
    So here i am someone who avoided Resident Evil 5 (watched a lets play on youtube and how **** far did they fall, from being called Capgod to Crapcom in 1 gen)and decided to take my chances with RE6 hoping capcom would learn their lesson.Jesus they took everything wrong with the RE5 multiplied it by 10 x resided evil ORC by 100 and that's what RE6 is.The length of the game only tortures you more which would not have been a probably if this was remotely good.This game is all out Duke Nukem forever terrible, and the multiple campaigns only serve to show that capcom has no idea anymore with what they're doing and are trying their best to pander to the Call of Duty audience AND throw some scraps to the once core RE fanbase that made the series as well know as it is today. Expand
  98. Oct 2, 2012
    I do not have any problem with Capcom doing a Resident Evil without horror. But if they want to do a TPS, they should do something good. With great games like Gears of War and Uncharted available, who wants dated and boring game like this. Resident Evil 6 is a big failure.
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    This is Resident Evil game that nobody wanted. Every aspect of this game stinks of Capcom rushing an unfinished game onto shelves as quickly as possible. A poor attempt at turning Resident Evil into Uncharted with awful action scenes and a billion quick-time events.
  100. Oct 13, 2012
    A game full of poorly implemented QTE's and terrible camera angles. This is the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. By conforming to the COD model of gaming and not taking risks, gaming has become stagnated. The so called safe approach can only work for so long before people become bored. Resident Evil 6 utilises the action heavy formula and provides a very shallow and unrewarding experience. Expand
  101. Oct 28, 2012
    Not a bad game so far but the qte's is very VERY irritating. There is the one part where you havve to land a plane that will actually make me think twice about buying the next release of RE. I don't know what the story is behind the qte's because it doesn't prove anything or make a game enjoyable, it just irritates players. I would've given this game a high rating but the qte's made me change my mind Collapse

1. Nov 6, 2012
    The game has some stumbling moments, but it is worth sticking it out. With the franchise changing over time it has lost a lot of what originally defined Resident Evil to us all.
    This new Resident Evil installment has definitely abandoned the survival horror genre and has moved into the crowded field of action shooters. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A varied and challenging game that continues the series' evolution into action territory. IT can be incredibly frustrating at times, but also very rewarding when you finally overcome the many challenges it puts you through.