7.4

1. Dec 28, 2013
    This would be a poor game even if it was 1995. Controls are akin to steering a greased pig on lidocaine through a minefield, atmosphere is non existent, boring even, with repeat trudges through the same nonsensical corridors looking for nautically themed matching doors and keys or safes. There's no suspense, fear of what's round the next corner or dread over diminishing supplies. DialogueThis would be a poor game even if it was 1995. Controls are akin to steering a greased pig on lidocaine through a minefield, atmosphere is non existent, boring even, with repeat trudges through the same nonsensical corridors looking for nautically themed matching doors and keys or safes. There's no suspense, fear of what's round the next corner or dread over diminishing supplies. Dialogue is terrible, awful, even worse than the pantomime characters spilling them from out-of-synch animations. Soundtrack is abysmal and it was a blessed relief when I finally twigged on reducing that down to 0.

I can't think of any one thing to like about it, especially as a player of R.E. since the PS1 which, in comparison to its predecessors, this feels like a clunky, shambolic, half-made, rushed mess of a game.

First game of any type in decades that I've deleted before reaching the conclusion it's just too boring to play to make any ending with the effort.
  2. Jun 5, 2013
    Clunky, mushy controls really ruin this game. The characters move like pregnant yaks in the throes of labor which make the fights tedious and frenetic. The story is schlock y and silly, which is fine because that is what Resident Evil has become. I appreciate the effort to return to the roots of survival horror, but the control scheme is terrible and it really cripples any sense of fun IClunky, mushy controls really ruin this game. The characters move like pregnant yaks in the throes of labor which make the fights tedious and frenetic. The story is schlock y and silly, which is fine because that is what Resident Evil has become. I appreciate the effort to return to the roots of survival horror, but the control scheme is terrible and it really cripples any sense of fun I was having with the game. Expand
  3. May 30, 2013
    Another console port. Do I really need to say more? The graphics are awful. My God. I saw this kind of graphics in 2005. The voice acting is awful, along with dialogue. And I don't think this is the actors fault. It's a crappy script. This is supposed to be an example of classic horror? It isn't nearly as horrifying as it is stupidly boring and irritating.. It's truly hard toAnother console port. Do I really need to say more? The graphics are awful. My God. I saw this kind of graphics in 2005. The voice acting is awful, along with dialogue. And I don't think this is the actors fault. It's a crappy script. This is supposed to be an example of classic horror? It isn't nearly as horrifying as it is stupidly boring and irritating.. It's truly hard to believe that this trash was made by the same people that made RE5. Expand
  4. Jan 14, 2014
    I will tell you why I think this game could not possibly deserve more than a score of 0 for the xbox 360 console. It feels like someone took their high school homework to university thinking they could pass it for a term paper. Maybe it was good for the 3DS platform, but it is ridiculous and offensive that they are selling this on the xbox 360 console for the price that they are selling it.

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is a well-made game. It lacks the highs of Resident Evil 6 but also avoids that game's tremendous lows, focusing on a more consistent, well-rounded experience.
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is less of a "fans of the genre" title than it is a "fans of the series" title. For everyone else, it's like that B-movie that does just enough things right to be entertaining.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    A solid RE episode, with a great porting job from the 3DS version and sporting a good balance between pure action and survival horror. If you're missing the older games in the series, this could please you.