7.5

1. May 26, 2013
    The Best resident evil game in this console generation its like a classic resident evil in modern graphics.Both story and gamepaly is fantastic way better than resident evil 6.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    So far, the game remembers me a lot the feeling of the good old RE games.
    I'm not against a more action directed titles, but changing between styles from game to game should be the way to go for Capcom, in my opinion.

In this concrete case, RE:R has a nice plot, excellent visuals and a resources balance getting back the survival feeling properly, and that's good!
  3. May 24, 2013
    I'm a little confused by the moderate to poor reviews that most critics are giving this game it's everything it was on the 3DS and then some. Personally, I think the graphics look very good on the console port, and really that's a testament to how well they were on the 3DS in the first place. The controls feel very smooth to me, though the only moderate gripe I can throw out there is theI'm a little confused by the moderate to poor reviews that most critics are giving this game it's everything it was on the 3DS and then some. Personally, I think the graphics look very good on the console port, and really that's a testament to how well they were on the 3DS in the first place. The controls feel very smooth to me, though the only moderate gripe I can throw out there is the lack of a laser pointer for the aiming system. You now have a set crosshair that glows blue, red or green when it is locked onto a damageable target. Again, nothing huge but I do miss my laser pointer. Many critics have complained about the textures looking washed and blurry....however I have absolutely no complaints about them. As a matter of fact, I find myself soaking in the environment and even noticing things that I simply didn't when I played this game on the 3DS, so I'd say that's a nice improvement. Overall, this game is solid, and definitely a RE experience worth your time and money. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    1 step back, 3 steps forward, this game saves the path the franchise was taking. Maybe it doesn't have the best graphics, I couldn't care less about it after playing it, but it feels like an old school Resident Evil game.
  5. May 29, 2013
    Thanks to God capcom finally understand that a resident evil game MUST BE SCARY!!!! Thumbs up, and make more games in this same line please, your costumers rule your bussiness remember it.
  6. May 27, 2013
    Amazing game one of the best Resident evil games of the last few years. In this game You will need to fight for survival while exploring the dark and claustrophobic environments on the queen zinobier this makes the games more like the originals and one of the best games i've played all year
  7. May 23, 2013
    After RE5...RE ORC...RE6...and no hope left...a spot of of light...weak but exists...that light called RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS i can't say how AWESOME THIS GAME IS 100% classic RE even better than RE4 ,The gameplay is Awesome the story is one of the best and the graphic was the most unbelievable thing because you are never gonna think that this game was a handheld once.
    Welcome back RE
    Welcome back RE this one scared the^~#¿₪ out of me...RE REVELATIONS "ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE"...
  8. May 24, 2013
    Honestly, this issue amply surpassed the previous Resident Evil.
    great story and great adaptation to xbox 360 and ps3. in terms of graphics, no better than RE6, but it is much more fun and frantic.
  9. May 29, 2013
    The game is awesome old school survival horror really its the way resident evil should be. I wish puzzles were harder and longer but hey it had a bit puzzleing in there It just has the old school horror feel to it. controls are awesome, finally u can shoot and walk at the same time. anyway good game check it out if your a fan of re2 I think youll like this alot. oh and achievementsThe game is awesome old school survival horror really its the way resident evil should be. I wish puzzles were harder and longer but hey it had a bit puzzleing in there It just has the old school horror feel to it. controls are awesome, finally u can shoot and walk at the same time. anyway good game check it out if your a fan of re2 I think youll like this alot. oh and achievements take forever to pop on a quick first playthrough youll be lucky to get 200 points.. Expand
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    As a diehard resident evil fan whose last purchase was RE 6 I did not hold high hopes for Revelations. Regardless, being the fanboy I am I felt compelled to purchase the game. Now that I have played it from start to end I am glad I did. While its not quite as good as RE4 or the remake of the original it is hands down better than just about everyone since then. Although you certainly haveAs a diehard resident evil fan whose last purchase was RE 6 I did not hold high hopes for Revelations. Regardless, being the fanboy I am I felt compelled to purchase the game. Now that I have played it from start to end I am glad I did. While its not quite as good as RE4 or the remake of the original it is hands down better than just about everyone since then. Although you certainly have the shooter feel in the way the character interacts with the environment, it does feel like a survival horror. As any good survival game, I can't tell you how many times I ran around like a freaked out turkey on Thanksgiving because my ammo count was low. Ever run into a fleshy blob that runs after you with a buzz saw for a hand? In most games these days its not so terrifying. Ever run into one with quite literally just enough bullets to take him down? THAT is scary.

Though the graphics are lacking, it is to be expected. It is after all, a ported game and as such it is a given the graphics will ultimately be subpar. While not up to specs with other console/PC games the graphical transition from 3DS to Xbox 360 is done well enough to where I am willing to forgive some basic failings, like Jill's lead-lined hair. As for the plot, lets not kid ourselves. This IS Capcom we are talking about. While the plot is better executed than some of the other more recent resident evil titles it is okay at best. The campaign is more similar to some of the older titles in that there are easily solved puzzles, limited ammo and everything wants to kill you. If you manage to survive this you also get the ol' "Go nuts and kill everything" weapon for a mindlessly fun gooey killing spree. It doesn't really re-invent the wheel, but it gives you a wheel you would be okay with putting on your car.

Where Revelations really shines however is the new raid mode. Similar to the well-known Mercenaries game mode it adds an RPGish element for an experience not seen in any other RE game to date. I'll admit, when I saw the trailers and screenshots I was skeptical at first as I felt the whole concept seemed like a cheesy cop-out. Just like most of the rest of the game I am glad I was wrong. The level up mechanics are well done and balanced. Effectively, it turns much of the campaign into little bite sized combat levels where you go dungeon diving for loot. While this normally tends to get repetitive for me, the levels are long enough to have substance but just short enough to not drag on and become tedious hour-long expeditions where you fight goblins for hours on end.

As for the gameplay itself, it definitely turns around back towards the survival-horror roots which started the franchise. The new enemies Oozes feel more like the zombies of old in that they are slow, lumbering beasts that take a ridiculous amount of bullets to kill, even if you aim for their weak spot the hea--- er I mean difficult to hit arms. (Wait, what?) Also LEARN TO DODGE. Let me save you a lot of time and grief caused by the poor dodge tutorial, you dodge by tilting the control stick up right as an enemy starts their attack animation. Though it seems like a small little detail it makes a substantial impact on the game. If you don't learn this simple little maneuver be prepared to spend a lot of time listening to the game tell you how you died...again. Once you learn this, the game goes from being overly tedious thanks to all the dead end hallways (which admittedly contribute to the survival experience) to exceptionally fun, just don't get trapped in a corner by several enemies or you will enter the aforementioned "Turkey mode" where you will promptly be eviscerated, stuffed and served raw.

All in all, this isn't what I would consider the "Perfect" Resident Evil game. The combat can be a bit clunky at times, the weapons occasionally feel a bit too powerful and the puzzles are still way too simplistic to be considered a real challenge. Nonetheless, its certainly a step back in the right direction and I would highly recommend it to any fan of the series.
  11. Jun 3, 2013
    the most important element about Resident evil games is the fear and Scary part and i think this game done it and i don't care too much about the graphic.
  12. May 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all i love the atmosphere of the game, the sound, the lighting, just like the good old days of resident evil.. Why 9? because my partner looks he moves like he cant evil kill a zombie fish in the casino (using a shotgun)!! you cant rely on him that much.. I like the game! cant drop my controller! Expand
  13. May 21, 2013
    Great game. Not an action game like 5 and 6 which is the way resident evil is suppose to be. People are complaining about the texture of graphics, but the atmosphere is scary. Graphics do not always make a good game.
  14. May 26, 2013
    Great game. Looks like the old Resident Evil, and is very beautiful now in HD. The gameplay is really good, this is the better Resident since Remake. The atmosphere is scary, some monsters too, texture maybe not the best, but this doesn't count in this game.
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    Amazing! Finally a RE game that isn't a brain dead Michael Bay action film! Revelations brings the series back to it's roots. Ammo and herbs are in short supply (aside from the side story segments) the emphasis is back on exploration and the occasional puzzles to solve. It's a true survival horror game and it has tons of atmosphere!

The setting works well and in many parts reminds me of

The setting works well and in many parts reminds me of the mansion from RE1. For fans of the classic style this is a godsend! Now if only we could get more like this! A RE2-3 REmake is definitely in order! If you are like me and can't stand RE5-6 then this is the game for you. Maybe Capcom will see that and start listening to fans!

It would be nice to get a throwback title complete with fixed camera angles but that's just wishful thinking and most likely will never happen.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    Never have I seen such kind of horror!
    Never have I witnessed such destruction on the land!
    Dark & creepy appears the night !
    It has become a rollercoaster as it plunges everyone to a big fright!!
    The hallow sounds of the undead hunts the very mind of
    the human kind!
    Alas, this EVIL IS RESIDENT.......................
    YOU ALL GOING TO DIE DOWN HERE!!!!!!!

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is a well-made game. It lacks the highs of Resident Evil 6 but also avoids that game's tremendous lows, focusing on a more consistent, well-rounded experience.
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is less of a "fans of the genre" title than it is a "fans of the series" title. For everyone else, it's like that B-movie that does just enough things right to be entertaining.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    A solid RE episode, with a great porting job from the 3DS version and sporting a good balance between pure action and survival horror. If you're missing the older games in the series, this could please you.