7.4

1. Jun 3, 2013
    the most important element about Resident evil games is the fear and Scary part and i think this game done it and i don't care too much about the graphic.
  2. May 23, 2013
    After RE5...RE ORC...RE6...and no hope left...a spot of of light...weak but exists...that light called RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS i can't say how AWESOME THIS GAME IS 100% classic RE even better than RE4 ,The gameplay is Awesome the story is one of the best and the graphic was the most unbelievable thing because you are never gonna think that this game was a handheld once.
    Welcome back RE
    this one scared the^~#¿₪ out of me...RE REVELATIONS "ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE"... Expand
  3. May 29, 2013
    Thanks to God capcom finally understand that a resident evil game MUST BE SCARY!!!! Thumbs up, and make more games in this same line please, your costumers rule your bussiness remember it.
  4. May 21, 2013
    Great game. Not an action game like 5 and 6 which is the way resident evil is suppose to be. People are complaining about the texture of graphics, but the atmosphere is scary. Graphics do not always make a good game.
  5. May 26, 2013
    Great game. Looks like the old Resident Evil, and is very beautiful now in HD. The gameplay is really good, this is the better Resident since Remake. The atmosphere is scary, some monsters too, texture maybe not the best, but this doesn't count in this game.
  6. May 27, 2013
    Amazing game one of the best Resident evil games of the last few years. In this game You will need to fight for survival while exploring the dark and claustrophobic environments on the queen zinobier this makes the games more like the originals and one of the best games i've played all year
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    Amazing! Finally a RE game that isn't a brain dead Michael Bay action film! Revelations brings the series back to it's roots. Ammo and herbs are in short supply (aside from the side story segments) the emphasis is back on exploration and the occasional puzzles to solve. It's a true survival horror game and it has tons of atmosphere!

The setting works well and in many parts reminds me of
    the mansion from RE1. For fans of the classic style this is a godsend! Now if only we could get more like this! A RE2-3 REmake is definitely in order! If you are like me and can't stand RE5-6 then this is the game for you. Maybe Capcom will see that and start listening to fans!

It would be nice to get a throwback title complete with fixed camera angles but that's just wishful thinking and most likely will never happen.
  8. May 24, 2013
    I'm a little confused by the moderate to poor reviews that most critics are giving this game it's everything it was on the 3DS and then some. Personally, I think the graphics look very good on the console port, and really that's a testament to how well they were on the 3DS in the first place. The controls feel very smooth to me, though the only moderate gripe I can throw out there is the lack of a laser pointer for the aiming system. You now have a set crosshair that glows blue, red or green when it is locked onto a damageable target. Again, nothing huge but I do miss my laser pointer. Many critics have complained about the textures looking washed and blurry....however I have absolutely no complaints about them. As a matter of fact, I find myself soaking in the environment and even noticing things that I simply didn't when I played this game on the 3DS, so I'd say that's a nice improvement. Overall, this game is solid, and definitely a RE experience worth your time and money. Expand
  9. May 29, 2013
    The game is awesome old school survival horror really its the way resident evil should be. I wish puzzles were harder and longer but hey it had a bit puzzleing in there It just has the old school horror feel to it. controls are awesome, finally u can shoot and walk at the same time. anyway good game check it out if your a fan of re2 I think youll like this alot. oh and achievements take forever to pop on a quick first playthrough youll be lucky to get 200 points.. Expand
  10. Aug 27, 2013
    So far, the game remembers me a lot the feeling of the good old RE games.
    I'm not against a more action directed titles, but changing between styles from game to game should be the way to go for Capcom, in my opinion.

In this concrete case, RE:R has a nice plot, excellent visuals and a resources balance getting back the survival feeling properly, and that's good!
  11. May 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all i love the atmosphere of the game, the sound, the lighting, just like the good old days of resident evil.. Why 9? because my partner looks he moves like he cant evil kill a zombie fish in the casino (using a shotgun)!! you cant rely on him that much.. I like the game! cant drop my controller! Expand
  12. May 24, 2013
    Honestly, this issue amply surpassed the previous Resident Evil.
    great story and great adaptation to xbox 360 and ps3. in terms of graphics, no better than RE6, but it is much more fun and frantic.
  13. Jul 18, 2013
    Never have I seen such kind of horror!
    Never have I witnessed such destruction on the land!
    Dark & creepy appears the night !
    It has become a rollercoaster as it plunges everyone to a big fright!!
    The hallow sounds of the undead hunts the very mind of
    the human kind!
    Alas, this EVIL IS RESIDENT.......................
    YOU ALL GOING TO DIE DOWN HERE!!!!!!!
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    1 step back, 3 steps forward, this game saves the path the franchise was taking. Maybe it doesn't have the best graphics, I couldn't care less about it after playing it, but it feels like an old school Resident Evil game.
  15. May 26, 2013
    The Best resident evil game in this console generation its like a classic resident evil in modern graphics.Both story and gamepaly is fantastic way better than resident evil 6.
  16. Aug 22, 2013
    As a diehard resident evil fan whose last purchase was RE 6 I did not hold high hopes for Revelations. Regardless, being the fanboy I am I felt compelled to purchase the game. Now that I have played it from start to end I am glad I did. While its not quite as good as RE4 or the remake of the original it is hands down better than just about everyone since then. Although you certainly have the shooter feel in the way the character interacts with the environment, it does feel like a survival horror. As any good survival game, I can't tell you how many times I ran around like a freaked out turkey on Thanksgiving because my ammo count was low. Ever run into a fleshy blob that runs after you with a buzz saw for a hand? In most games these days its not so terrifying. Ever run into one with quite literally just enough bullets to take him down? THAT is scary.

Though the graphics are lacking, it is to be expected. It is after all, a ported game and as such it is a given the graphics will ultimately be subpar. While not up to specs with other console/PC games the graphical transition from 3DS to Xbox 360 is done well enough to where I am willing to forgive some basic failings, like Jill's lead-lined hair. As for the plot, lets not kid ourselves. This IS Capcom we are talking about. While the plot is better executed than some of the other more recent resident evil titles it is okay at best. The campaign is more similar to some of the older titles in that there are easily solved puzzles, limited ammo and everything wants to kill you. If you manage to survive this you also get the ol' "Go nuts and kill everything" weapon for a mindlessly fun gooey killing spree. It doesn't really re-invent the wheel, but it gives you a wheel you would be okay with putting on your car.

Where Revelations really shines however is the new raid mode. Similar to the well-known Mercenaries game mode it adds an RPGish element for an experience not seen in any other RE game to date. I'll admit, when I saw the trailers and screenshots I was skeptical at first as I felt the whole concept seemed like a cheesy cop-out. Just like most of the rest of the game I am glad I was wrong. The level up mechanics are well done and balanced. Effectively, it turns much of the campaign into little bite sized combat levels where you go dungeon diving for loot. While this normally tends to get repetitive for me, the levels are long enough to have substance but just short enough to not drag on and become tedious hour-long expeditions where you fight goblins for hours on end.

As for the gameplay itself, it definitely turns around back towards the survival-horror roots which started the franchise. The new enemies Oozes feel more like the zombies of old in that they are slow, lumbering beasts that take a ridiculous amount of bullets to kill, even if you aim for their weak spot the hea--- er I mean difficult to hit arms. (Wait, what?) Also LEARN TO DODGE. Let me save you a lot of time and grief caused by the poor dodge tutorial, you dodge by tilting the control stick up right as an enemy starts their attack animation. Though it seems like a small little detail it makes a substantial impact on the game. If you don't learn this simple little maneuver be prepared to spend a lot of time listening to the game tell you how you died...again. Once you learn this, the game goes from being overly tedious thanks to all the dead end hallways (which admittedly contribute to the survival experience) to exceptionally fun, just don't get trapped in a corner by several enemies or you will enter the aforementioned "Turkey mode" where you will promptly be eviscerated, stuffed and served raw.

All in all, this isn't what I would consider the "Perfect" Resident Evil game. The combat can be a bit clunky at times, the weapons occasionally feel a bit too powerful and the puzzles are still way too simplistic to be considered a real challenge. Nonetheless, its certainly a step back in the right direction and I would highly recommend it to any fan of the series.
  17. May 21, 2013
    A good return to the original Resident Evil feel, but still could use some innovations on certain facets that has never been resolved in this series.
  18. Jun 1, 2013
    Good Resident Evil game. It is in fact a Resident Evil as we know it, apart from the difficulties and frustrations of the past, such as the inventory, or the typewriter saves, or the weapon equip method etc.

The technical aspect of this game is average at best, the gun sounds are made for a portable device and lack the lower frequences, the textures, animations, detail, etc. all point
    towards the least amount of system memory used. It' s obviously optimized for the 3DS. The models don't look that awful and the controls are great.

The atmosphere, the music, the pacing and the suspense are the good parts of this title. If Capcom weren't so greedy as to charge for a full and they sold it as a budget title, anyone could recommend this. For a full price title, it might be a better game than most other titles out there, but you're being ripped off your audiovisual pleasure, as it could have been much more. Obviously, after RE6 didn't meet Capcom's exxpectations, they had to go to plan B to counter the losses.

If you have been expecting a Resi game like the old days, you're in for a treat. Just keep in mind that this is a port from a portable system. And not the powerful one.

ps. Graphx are somewhere between Resi 4 HD and Resi 5. Probably near 4.
  19. Jul 1, 2013
    Are Capcom still living in 2004? The best place to start is the controls, which don't feel as if they have changed a bit since RE6 and RE5 and...Well RE4, the only NOTABLE new addition is the ability to shoot while moving, but this is a luxury other 3PS games have had for well...10 years now. The truth is, while this control scheme worked swimmingly for RE4, it's really starting to feel dated now.You still have hardly any mobility in Resident Evil, if an enemy is about to hit you, you have to do a Up/Down+A or RT or B or X or not pressing any buttons at all, the game doesn't make it clear enough because doing any of those things seem to work, but then half the time they don't. You still can't sprint, meaning you slowly jog away from danger rather than run, meaning some enemies can just plain grab you really easily and then take you into a QTE where you have hardly any control over what's happening, after all you probably pressed the dodge button/s but it didn't work. There is still no evade maneuver meaning the half-working dodge move won't work on bosses and makes it difficult to get passed an enemy in a narrow hallway, which most of the time ends in them grabbing you and a QTE, This really does show you how user friendly and agile the controls feel on a 3PS like Gears Of War or Max Payne 3. Right now with the horrible controls out of the way, onto the actual game, The reason this game doesn't get a 0 is because it captures 100% what the original RE games were like, brutal, thrilling and exciting, I enjoyed the story, but if you are anything like me you'd find yourself constantly fighting the controls and bad gun mechanics more than you'd be fighting monsters. Another thing that simply needs to be pointed out is how dated the engine is in this game, while il admit, the 3DS version is amazing for the device it runs on, The engine used for modern consoles is simply outdated, what modern game doesn't have ragdoll effects, dismemberment, even corpses that stay in the map and don't sink into the ground(Give me the "Dissolving" thing if you want, the truth is, they do it for better optimization), one more thing about the engine is, the enemies don't take damage dynamically, they don't react to how bullets hit them(Look at Dead Space, a 2007 game if you want to know what I mean by that, also play Dead Space, it's a better game) and they don't get knocked back enough for it to feel real, Probably the most annoying part is wasting bullets, as the enemies don't get knocked back and don't have ragdoll effect's it's often hard to determine when they are actually dead as the death is an animation and not a dynamic physics event, meaning i often shoot enemies an extra once or twice as it's hard to tell if they are in their dying animation or not, the only way to tell is when your bullets simply fly right through their bodies and into the nearest wall/enemy standing behind them. this is not acceptable in a game where ammo is scarce, In 2004, I didn't care, because I hadn't seen better, but cmon it's 2013 now.

One last thing is Raid Mode, Probably the only part of this game done right, They scrapped that terrible mercenaries mode and replaced it with this, which is BETTER!, Imagine Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer mixed with Mercenaries with no time limit, tons of dynamic items to find, a leveling system and tons of varying weapons to unlock, chose from over 8 different characters to use. Unlock parts, find rare guns and kill monsters. This mode alone gives this game a 5 score, incredibly addictive
    The only downside is it uses sing-player levels and forces you to complete the campaign to play them all, best of all, it works in SP and Co Op!
    This game had potential to be great, but like most Capcom games of late, it's ruined by flaws that are plainly just caused by bad design.

At least this game is not QTE(Quick Time Event) heavy, like RE6 and at least it's not utter garbage like RE RC, if you are gonna buy a new-ish RE game, get this one, don't get RE6 or RC, if you wan't a great horror experience like the original RE games, Buy Dead Space 1, 2 and 3, You will find they satisfy your needs much better than any RE game ever could, ever since RE5, the series has lost it's "Horror".
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a huge fan of everything up till 5, 4 was a little iffy but kept it tense while adopting a more controllable avatar. This game however goes back to the old but goes wrong in a few very huge ways that drew me out of the game. First, the inventory, there is none, and resident evil game that does not have inventory juggling is not a resident evil game. How come possibly the best in the series was a remake of the first game and it had the most painful inventory in the series in my opinion but it added to the game in such an amazing way. I will explain this before moving on, in resident evil remake you need to burn the zombie bodies or they would come back over time quicker more aggressive and more damaging, you needed gas (1 inventory slot) and the lighter (also 1 slot), and chris had 6 total while jill had 8 throw ammo/guns/space to fit plot items and oh boy. Moving on, beside the inventory the game is plagued by what they thought was a good idea in resident evil 6, not quite as bad here but still bad, you get switched around between jill then chris then some jagoff we should't even care about then jills partner from time to time all in different area telling a different part of the story, it breaks up the flow and ripped me out of the game. And finally the last thing that made me knock an immediate 2/10 off of this right off the bat with this game was the chapters and parts o chapters, like swapping between characters it puts you into forced menu screens telling you your accuracy/deaths/time and rates you. This can happen every 5-20 minutes. All in all I beat this game on hard in 6 hours 10 minutes, all my deaths (2) were on the last boss, not hard but has a pattern and does enough damage where you cannot learn the full pattern before it is too late (save revolver ammo for this guy and pump its damage with a damage 5 and have a charge shot shotgun for him), I feel it is a little short but then half the game was all focused on garbage, in my opinion, and not the main antagonist, jill. And heres some minor things that I will not take points off for but annoyed me.Graphics, literally it looks life the textures were takes from the DS (half joking....), voice acting can be hit and miss, I could not play this at my native resolution of 2560-1440. And lastly needed another sentence for this, the females are totally shat on in this game, jill is always showing off her cleavage, jessica totally not a traitor complains its cold in the snowy mountains while wearing basically a pair of thick stockings and denim short shorts on the bottom then later sports one legged purple/black wet suit the rides her vag like no other and also she is seen in a fetishist dream uniform with a skirt that starts just below her boobs and office shirt and a little wee hat all while marching around in high heels leggings sporting a smug ass grin WHEWW. Last woman.... rachel initially found early on getting killed by some suckers and her wetsuit in undone all the way down to her pubes just barely covering her nipples., if you didn't like her as a corpse have fun throughout the game. Expand
  21. May 31, 2013
    Just another copy of the 3DS why bother with it? Sure Capcom can make a number 2 soon WARNING, this is only a copy of the 3DS version that is a rip off only in hd. I think Capcom are just getting poor and poor so they copy same games over to the next big console don't get this game if you got it for the 3DS I was shocked when it came to the big console but why bother? Capcom make a second one then you get more value for customer service. Expand
  22. Jun 5, 2013
    Clunky, mushy controls really ruin this game. The characters move like pregnant yaks in the throes of labor which make the fights tedious and frenetic. The story is schlock y and silly, which is fine because that is what Resident Evil has become. I appreciate the effort to return to the roots of survival horror, but the control scheme is terrible and it really cripples any sense of fun I was having with the game. Expand
  23. Dec 28, 2013
    This would be a poor game even if it was 1995. Controls are akin to steering a greased pig on lidocaine through a minefield, atmosphere is non existent, boring even, with repeat trudges through the same nonsensical corridors looking for nautically themed matching doors and keys or safes. There's no suspense, fear of what's round the next corner or dread over diminishing supplies. Dialogue is terrible, awful, even worse than the pantomime characters spilling them from out-of-synch animations. Soundtrack is abysmal and it was a blessed relief when I finally twigged on reducing that down to 0.

I can't think of any one thing to like about it, especially as a player of R.E. since the PS1 which, in comparison to its predecessors, this feels like a clunky, shambolic, half-made, rushed mess of a game.

First game of any type in decades that I've deleted before reaching the conclusion it's just too boring to play to make any ending with the effort.
  24. May 30, 2013
    Another console port. Do I really need to say more? The graphics are awful. My God. I saw this kind of graphics in 2005. The voice acting is awful, along with dialogue. And I don't think this is the actors fault. It's a crappy script. This is supposed to be an example of classic horror? It isn't nearly as horrifying as it is stupidly boring and irritating.. It's truly hard to believe that this trash was made by the same people that made RE5. Expand
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    I will tell you why I think this game could not possibly deserve more than a score of 0 for the xbox 360 console. It feels like someone took their high school homework to university thinking they could pass it for a term paper. Maybe it was good for the 3DS platform, but it is ridiculous and offensive that they are selling this on the xbox 360 console for the price that they are selling it.

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is a well-made game. It lacks the highs of Resident Evil 6 but also avoids that game's tremendous lows, focusing on a more consistent, well-rounded experience.
  2. Jul 14, 2013
    Resident Evil: Revelations is less of a "fans of the genre" title than it is a "fans of the series" title. For everyone else, it's like that B-movie that does just enough things right to be entertaining.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    A solid RE episode, with a great porting job from the 3DS version and sporting a good balance between pure action and survival horror. If you're missing the older games in the series, this could please you.