Resonance of Fate Xbox 360

7.7

1. Nov 17, 2012
    I tried really hard to enjoy this game, but this game is just boring. The battle system was a challenge at first, but after you get the hang of it, you are just running and charging attacks. You do not even need to do the tri attack anymore in the later chapters when you have high level machine guns. For some reason, I cannot get myself to enjoy the story too. I really tried to enjoy, butI tried really hard to enjoy this game, but this game is just boring. The battle system was a challenge at first, but after you get the hang of it, you are just running and charging attacks. You do not even need to do the tri attack anymore in the later chapters when you have high level machine guns. For some reason, I cannot get myself to enjoy the story too. I really tried to enjoy, but now I do not think I can finish the game. JRPG hardcore should go ahead. I do not recommend to other gamers though. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Only thing preventing this game from getting a 10 is how utterly complicated the battle mechanics are, and a mid game that's a little boring. Other than that, it's pretty good, and you should give it a try.
  3. May 15, 2012
    The 360 RPG library is not exactly extensive. RoF is a great addition that is both unique and challenging. It has good graphics, voice acting and gameplay. The plot is a complete mess but the grind to progress it should be enough resolution for you. If your looking for a mountain to climb, this games for you.
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    I enjoyed this game. The graphics were pretty good and the music was great. But of the 3 main characters, I only found 1 (Leanne) to be the least bit interesting. I found all the NPCs you meet in the game to be bland and boring, except Pater, who is hilarious!!! The main villains in the game are also extremely bland and boring, which really takes away from the game. I like an epicI enjoyed this game. The graphics were pretty good and the music was great. But of the 3 main characters, I only found 1 (Leanne) to be the least bit interesting. I found all the NPCs you meet in the game to be bland and boring, except Pater, who is hilarious!!! The main villains in the game are also extremely bland and boring, which really takes away from the game. I like an epic main enemy, like Kefka from FF6. The story itself is pretty sparse, with lots of meaningless (though often funny) events occurring throughout the game that have nothing to do with the main story. And now for the gameplay: This is a very different JRPG. The battle system was so different from anything I had played before than I was very confused at first, but it doesn't take too long to figure it out. I loved it at first and had so much fun, but by the end of the game it feels like you are doing the same thing over and over and starts to feel like a grind really. It is VERY fun to custimize your guns and make some super-powerful weapons. It also has a pretty good crafting system where you can make ammo, grenades, accessories, etc. Lastly, you can find clothing for you characters and change their appearance. Clothing in no way affects their statistics though, and is actually pointless unless you enjoy finding new clothes and changing your character's appearance. I found it amusing. Overall I thought the game was good, and if you enjoy JRPGs you should definitely give this a try. Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is a breath of fresh air for RPGs. It is esoteric, as in, it will appeal most to those who associate RPGs with games like Final Fantasy or Parasite Eve- Mainly, the original Parasite Eve. What makes this game so addicting are the grid system (using hexes to unlock areas on a map- think of using hexes like puzzle pieces), the gameplay that is more formulaic than repetitive, andThis game is a breath of fresh air for RPGs. It is esoteric, as in, it will appeal most to those who associate RPGs with games like Final Fantasy or Parasite Eve- Mainly, the original Parasite Eve. What makes this game so addicting are the grid system (using hexes to unlock areas on a map- think of using hexes like puzzle pieces), the gameplay that is more formulaic than repetitive, and little things that may take a bit of time to get used to but once comprehended can lead to some epic battles. The graphics are reminiscent of Shadow Hearts or Final Fantasy VIII, however; a gripe I have is that the customized weapons (another interesting facet) do not appear in the battle. The only major fault in the game is when the team goes into what is called "critical condition," where recovery is nigh-impossible, and the boss battles will seem equally impossible if someone can't get the battle system down.

To summarize: Resonance of Fate has to be the most innovative RPG I have played on the XBOX 360, incorporating so many elements that to those few players who are looking for RPGs that play more like older RPG games this is practically perfect. It does get pretty technical when it comes to weapon customization and battle mechanics, however, it is easy enough to figure out if one has patience. The story is a bit banal, not because of being cliche, it's just nothing very interesting or compelling: the cut scenes are pretty short. Even so and much regardless, this is a definite must have for fans of action RPGs who don't mind having to work with a game that is very unique and standalone.
  6. Apr 21, 2016
    If I could define Resonance of Fate with one word, I should say that the fun factor is what can make it worth to play.

Resonance of Fate another game from Tri-Ace, a publisher that take many mistakes in almost every game made. But, fortunately, RoF is out of the rule. Resonance of Fate has one of most incredible combat - system the i have played. The system is not easy to mastery

Resonance of Fate has one of most incredible combat - system the i have played. The system is not easy to mastery but, after some hours of gameplay, you will able to do well. If you understand the combat system, you will be able to plan tactics and strategy.

The visual effects are incredible, and the characters are VERY CHARISMATICS. At the end of game you will miss their misadventures. Be advice: You won't forget Leanne, Zephyr and, specially, Vashyron. The voice acting is pretty good. Too different of another famous game of Tri-Ace (Star Ocean).

The bad side of Resonance of Fate: The narrative.

Most people blame the story of the game as the problematic part. But the is history is good, if you understand that. What is the problem then ? It's very simple: Tri - Ace took the BIZARRE decision of put the introductions cutscene (Prologue of the world and the main characters) off the game itself. SO if you want to watch this videos you need to WAIT IN THE MENU TILL THE VIDEO START TO PLAY. DON'T STAR TO PLAY BEFORE IT!

The narrative is really confusing, so you need around 3 playthrough to really get all the story. Because the narrative isn't the only problem, but the story is REALLY COMPLEX. The story tell about many thing: Religion, seven sins, conception of god, modernity, complex of messiah, allegory of father and son (Vashyron and Zephyr) and etc, etc, etc. And the division on chapters doesn't help it.

Do worthy to play ? Absolutely! But be advice of the problems. You can be disappointed if wait too much, after all is it still a game of Tri-Ace.
  7. Dec 22, 2014
    One of the best RPGs of the last generation. The combat system is what really makes it stand out. I can see why many people didn't enjoy it, since the game does have a steep learning curve and does not explain itself very well, but once you understand how the combat system works, it opens up so much for the game. The story is very interesting and is one of the few games I actually paidOne of the best RPGs of the last generation. The combat system is what really makes it stand out. I can see why many people didn't enjoy it, since the game does have a steep learning curve and does not explain itself very well, but once you understand how the combat system works, it opens up so much for the game. The story is very interesting and is one of the few games I actually paid attention to all the cutscenes to figure out the lore. What's holding this game back from a 10 is the level design in dungeons is very repetitive, and you'll sometimes find yourself fighting the exact same enemy force in the exact same tileset. Otherwise, I love it. Expand
  8. Mar 9, 2011
    The battle scene is unique with some John Woo charm but you will be doing this way too often with the little story there is.

The missions are alright but are normally fetch quests which lets it down. The characters are interesting but only get involved in the story near the end, with the final boss being known from the beginning without knowing it. The map is also unique but feels like

The missions are alright but are normally fetch quests which lets it down.

The map is also unique but feels like a PS2 innovation rather then a 360 one with the absence of a character on screen and instead a pointer...

The difficulty can be unforgiving but provides a challenge if you are into that sort of thing.

Overall I recommend it to the hardcore as it will take hours from your life through grinding alone (which is also unique gaining levels wise but again feels like it should have been on the PS2 instead as it feels pretty old).
  9. Feb 11, 2015
    This Game has a very intricate combat system that provides a extreme depth in the tools it gives you it has the most unique system I've ever seen,The music is impressive and sets the mood for the game. the graphic in this game are nice the maps give this game an set mood and the cinematic scenes in battle give of a feeling of epicness. the story in this game is by far the best ive everThis Game has a very intricate combat system that provides a extreme depth in the tools it gives you it has the most unique system I've ever seen,The music is impressive and sets the mood for the game. the graphic in this game are nice the maps give this game an set mood and the cinematic scenes in battle give of a feeling of epicness. the story in this game is by far the best ive ever seen in a video game the story and development is very subtle though unlike most rpgs it wont outright state who the "Bad guy"is and you are not necessarily the good guys the game The game will throw you off in the beginning with a lot of nothingness ,nut throughout the story you will see different themes reflected in characters(7 deadly sins,responsibility ,hopelessness ,grief,regret) ,Even the Npc will have small character development over time and the game world as a whole is a symbol, the game has a lot of twists that go on behind the scenes that may be missed if you're not paying attention.The storytelling of this game is he best i have ever seen.Overall the deep and strategic combat mixed with the thematic music and fitting locations makes this game great but what really did it for me was the story ,this is my favorite game of all time and i highly recommend it Expand
  10. Dec 24, 2014
    This game is awesome.

This is the best example of how storytelling can be done in a game. The characters all have a depth lacked by most other RPGs.

Each aspect as this is unique:
    The method of Story Telling
    Exploration on the World Map
    Combat, oh the Combat.
    Crafting.

Each of these makes the small flaws in the game not worth mentioning. Easily the best game on the X-box 360.
  11. Jun 25, 2012
    the battle system is god , but it has no special moves or magic all you do is shooting or trow grenades , can get really repetitive an tedious

graphics , music , and the world "style" are god , but the really bad thing of this game is the super slow and boring beginning of the main history , for the first 10 hour you only do stupid and lame quest for people , only hardcore jrpg fans will stay until the history gets interesting.

only for patience rpg fans
  12. Jul 24, 2015
    A fantastic game that still leaves an impression with me today. I have never been able to enjoy JRPG's due to their predictability, similar plot lines, and stagnating combat systems. However, I picked this one up on a whim a few years ago during the gaming dry season and was hooked until the end.

STORY The main story (at best) is confusing. It seems that the main narrative was pushed

STORY
    The main story (at best) is confusing. It seems that the main narrative was pushed to the background to explore the interaction between the three protagonists. This is not a bad thing at all however.
    The comedy, drama, romance, and action that the story pushes will have you staying up another hour wanting to see what the next chapter is like. This is done in a very 'anime' way though, so if you find this form of story telling grating, I would mark it down a point or two.

GAMEPLAY
    The first part of the game is difficult. Very difficult. The difficulty curve seems reversed as you progress through the game, with almost impossible enemies at the beginning, with seemingly placid enemies at the end.

But this is not the case.

The beauty of this game comes with its ability to stay consistently difficult throughout most of the play-through and reward the player for using the game mechanics to their advantage. Specialising your characters, using the map, using over-world stat boosts, weapon mods; all must be taken into consideration.

The only flaw I will give to it is that it didn't explain these concepts to me explicitly enough. Personally I quite liked it, as it gave me reason to experiment with the tools at hand. However, from a design view, this is a major flaw for the wider audience.

But lets be frank, it's fun to jump in the air whilst doing a side flip, shooting a mutant robot and bouncing it of the floor 12 times. How can that not be?

GRAPHICS
    The game takes a steam punk aesthetic withing a dying city and somehow makes it look new and magical. Graphically, it still stands up today (albeit limited to 720p) with character clothing customisation being the main attraction. With combat looking this good, the characters need to look just as.

SUMMARY
    Pros
    - Deep and fun combat
    - Great characters
    - Touching/Fun Story.
    - Character customisation.

Cons
    - Very difficult learn the combat.

OVERALL
    A fantastic game and a hidden gem that should be in an JRPG Collectors library. Get past that combat wall, and you will be rewarded with an experience like no other game.
  13. Boeboe
    Mar 26, 2010
    This is actually a really decent game. The only thing that puts off a lot of people is the incredibly steep learning curve, but once you master the combat mechanics (don't worry, the boss battles will still be nightmarishly difficult) you get a VERY fun, yet challenging game. The music is quite catchy without ever becoming boring. The storyline is vague because each chapter tells a This is actually a really decent game. The only thing that puts off a lot of people is the incredibly steep learning curve, but once you master the combat mechanics (don't worry, the boss battles will still be nightmarishly difficult) you get a VERY fun, yet challenging game. The music is quite catchy without ever becoming boring. The storyline is vague because each chapter tells a different story, but there is a lot of humorous moments without becoming too "Japanesque". This game was released shortly after FF13 and in my opinion Resonance of Fate is the game to choose if you are a true rpg lover looking for a challenge. Expand

Overall, Resonance of Fate is a good game that took many risks in order to bring some new ideas to the JRPG market, while maintaining some traditional gameplay mechanics.
    Resonance of Fate breathes new life into the stagnating JRPG genre with a unique battle system that unites real-time and turn-based combat. Visually the game might not excel and the steep learning curve may mean it's not for everyone, but the strong, strategic gameplay more than make up for these little downsides. JRPG fans who don't mind getting their hands dirty should pick this up.
  3. A hugely interesting game, as fascinating as it is frequently frustrating, as engaging as it is eccentric and, for those who are hooked by its quirky charms, it will provide one of the most inspired approaches to the JRPG seen in a decade.