7.9

1. May 13, 2011
    What had taken me so long to play this game? I could kick myself in the ass! I been watching a lot of video for Child of Eden so I thought I would give Rez HD a try since it looked interesting. I could not be happier with the game. So simple, yet so amazing and a true work of art. Few games have been able to evoke such emotion from me as Rez HD. I absolutely love it! Most games in thisWhat had taken me so long to play this game? I could kick myself in the ass! I been watching a lot of video for Child of Eden so I thought I would give Rez HD a try since it looked interesting. I could not be happier with the game. So simple, yet so amazing and a true work of art. Few games have been able to evoke such emotion from me as Rez HD. I absolutely love it! Most games in this genre can be ridiculously hard but Rez HD manages to find the perfect balance between challenging and frustrating. Its so perfect that I find it hard to stop playing. I skipped the gym last night because I could not put it down and I already took my pre-workout supplement so I was up for hours playing it.

If you have not played this game yet do yourself a favor and get the trial. If you are disappointed you have no soul!
  2. Andyman
    Feb 1, 2008
    An incredible bargain at $10. They even had the foresight to allow you to use up to four (!) controllers as Trance Vibrators similar to the Japanese special edition PS2 release.
  3. RichardH.
    Jan 31, 2008
    The best experience on XBLA thus far for me, The HD treatment on this remake really makes the Rez experience realized.
  4. BlakeH.
    Jan 30, 2008
    I absolutely love this game. I have owned every version of REZ, and this is by far the best. The core gameplay is still there and untouched, but the added features are great. I love the ability to download replays of the high scores on the leaderboards and watch them, and the new Trance Vibration with up to 4 Xbox 360 controllers is realy, really cool.
  5. MatthewM.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The perfect marriage of sound, visuals, and gameplay. The improved HD visuals and 5.1 sound make this classic all the better. Disregard reviews that say this game panders to "stoners" or rave fanatics. This is an experience not to be missed by 360 owners of all interests- from the casual, to the hardcore (to all those with gamertags containing 420). Rez transcends the medium of video The perfect marriage of sound, visuals, and gameplay. The improved HD visuals and 5.1 sound make this classic all the better. Disregard reviews that say this game panders to "stoners" or rave fanatics. This is an experience not to be missed by 360 owners of all interests- from the casual, to the hardcore (to all those with gamertags containing 420). Rez transcends the medium of video games and reaches out to its audience the way Death of a Salesman does- by breaking down barriers and begging questions. To what extent are we interacting with games? How do they give us feedback? If your question is whether or not to lay down the $10 measly dollars on this game- you're thinking too hard. Just buy it now. It's certainly the best game on ARCADE, one of the best video game experiences of all time, and a true work of modern art. The developers have done XBOX 360 owners a great honor, please don't miss the opportunity to thank them. Expand
  6. FrankB.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Rez has and aways will be an underappreicated gem. With a soundtrack that withstands the test of time, updated visuals, and 5.1 surround, this game once again places itself in my "MUST PLAY NOW" list.
  7. StarH.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Turn up the sound, dim the lights and immerse yourself in a gaming experience you won't forget.

1. Rez HD hits a rhythm that feels absolutely right for those willing to try something perpetually new, no matter what year it actually debuted. [Feb 2008, p.74]
    There's simply nothing else like it on Xbox 360 or Xbox Live Arcade. The improved visuals are indeed pretty and though the new additions may be minimal, the game was pretty darn good without them.
    In HD, true synaesthesia has been achieved. Rez HD is one of the best games ever made, it costs around $10, and you don't even need to leave the house to get it. In over a decade of critiquing games I've never felt the need to say these words in a review until now: Just buy it.