1.3

Overwhelming dislike- based on 353 Ratings

1. Nov 8, 2013
    I rated this a 10!!! at sckn d***, trolling, making me never want to buy another game from Deep Silver Vienna ever again, insanely high price tag for a game that I could create if I slapped my b*** sacks on the keyboard. Buy this game everybody if you want to get trolled
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is so bad, it's funny. Trust me, when it goes on sale for about £5, buy it and laugh. It's that funny.The dialogue is hilariously bad, the glitches are funny and the gameplay is so broken it's just a laugh. Buy it
  3. May 4, 2014
    This is quite possibly the best video game experience I have ever played. The characters, setting, plot, and action are all played out so well in such a great fashion that's it almost unbelievable. The characters are well-developed and deep, and the graphics are unparalleled. Probably the best part is the in-depth, thought-provoking, look into the life of a biker gang member and hisThis is quite possibly the best video game experience I have ever played. The characters, setting, plot, and action are all played out so well in such a great fashion that's it almost unbelievable. The characters are well-developed and deep, and the graphics are unparalleled. Probably the best part is the in-depth, thought-provoking, look into the life of a biker gang member and his character arc. The gameplay is fluid and intense, and the cutscenes are interesting an well-done. The game has no glitches or bugs that I have encountered, and overall is very polished and well-engineered. Overall, "Ride to Hell: Retribution" is one of the best games I have ever played and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes video games in general. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    Just got this game and so far i like it. The graphics are not the best, but for the most part pretty good game. Hope it doesn't let me down. Woooooooooooooo. Lol sorry to readers. Said i needed to say more.
  5. Jan 11, 2014
    No doubt the game of the year! Amazing graphics and not weird and unrealistic sound acting at all. The story had me extremely emotionally involved and the dialogue is expertly written. The bike physics are so realistic they really push the boundaries of the current gen consoles. The gameplay is very immersing and not repetitive at all. GAME OF THE CENTURY PEOPLE!
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    Undoubtedly the pure and utter best arcade game on the market!. Full of fast pure action scenes making you grit your teeth at every moment. The mechanics are excellent with very exciting driving, on the level of Forza, NFS and many other racing games. Although the combat was dodgy, but overall an entertaining arcade game. A MUST BUY!
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    ride to hell retribution es algo entretenido que intenta sobresalir de un modo bueno, pero se queda en malas graficas por ese sentido no lo logra pero sobresale en personajes, musica e historia un buen juego.
  8. Aug 25, 2013
    Ride To Hell: Retribution sends you back into the time of the swinging sixties drugs, rock and roll, and guns are the main order of the day, with a heavy rock soundtrack to really get the adrenaline pumping.

The story of one man's search for the truth about his father is full of intricate plot twists, and told in a gripping narrative supported by an array of characters with emotional depth. From the trailer yard to the distillery, this game will have you on the edge of your seat.
  9. Jul 11, 2013
    Yes this game is pretty bad and stupid but idk I am really enjoying it. It's like onechanbara bikini samurai squad. That game was terrible but also kind of enjoyable. Plus there aren't a lot of biker games out there. (besides the lost and damned gta add on)

The good: Graphics are nice Combat is ok and some environmental kills are pretty cool Lots of guns, upgrades, melee moves to

The good:

Graphics are nice
    Combat is ok and some environmental kills are pretty cool
    Lots of guns, upgrades, melee moves to buy make you more badass
    Some bike missions are fun
    Customizing your bike
    Interesting varied locations from saw mills to casinos
    The story at times
    The hilariously bad sex scenes had me laughing
    Game length

The bad

Lip synching
    Voice acting
    Various glitches
    Some ugly textures and facial animation
    Most bike missions
    The shooting missions are mediocre yet enjoyable
    Canned animations
    The price
    The ai
    Not open world (originally was)

Well there you have It a bad game that has some good qualities I do not recommend anyone buying it new or at all but if you enjoy bad games that can do some good like aforementioned onechanbara then rent this game or wait till it is about $5 at GameStop. Most ppl want give this game a chance but I decided to and I had a good time it is definitely a bad game but its an enjoyable one

10. Apr 24, 2014
    the person who is writing this is not areddarkness 4 it is his friend to tell you this game is not that
    bad . people underate it just to be funny the music is bad ass
  11. Jun 29, 2013
    I'll be honest. I enjoyed most of Deep Silver's work. I enjoyed this games features, but what I don't understand is how Deep Silver could of had such a grand idea but it was brought out with a rushed feeling and all the idea's which they put out in the Pre-Alpha gameplay had disappeared. Why on Earth would they ruin it by doing that? This game isn't the worst ever made, but its definitelyI'll be honest. I enjoyed most of Deep Silver's work. I enjoyed this games features, but what I don't understand is how Deep Silver could of had such a grand idea but it was brought out with a rushed feeling and all the idea's which they put out in the Pre-Alpha gameplay had disappeared. Why on Earth would they ruin it by doing that? This game isn't the worst ever made, but its definitely not the best. And don't listen to citizenkaneofvi, he is most likely a worker for Deep Silver trying to give this game a good review, hence all the games he reviewed is the other platforms of Ride to Hell. Expand
  12. Feb 9, 2014
    Oh dear god this game this game this **** game. It has an awful story terrible music audio cut outs awful camera awful controls awful driving sections awful everything. Women are used for sex even the sex scenes are awful. But i will say i liked the idea of the story and the graphics also its fun to laugh at. This game is one i regret playing to this day but it was really funny and fun toOh dear god this game this game this **** game. It has an awful story terrible music audio cut outs awful camera awful controls awful driving sections awful everything. Women are used for sex even the sex scenes are awful. But i will say i liked the idea of the story and the graphics also its fun to laugh at. This game is one i regret playing to this day but it was really funny and fun to rip on. Thats why it gets a four out of ten. Expand
  13. Jul 3, 2013
    I'll be honest, this game deserves a 1. It has terrible driving physics, gameplay, a ridiculous story, and fully clothed sex scenes.The reason I gave the game a 3, however, is because of how hilarious the game is to play with a couple of mates and a fridge full of beer. The glitches are so horrific that it's hard to believe the game could possibly make it to store shelves. I recommendI'll be honest, this game deserves a 1. It has terrible driving physics, gameplay, a ridiculous story, and fully clothed sex scenes.The reason I gave the game a 3, however, is because of how hilarious the game is to play with a couple of mates and a fridge full of beer. The glitches are so horrific that it's hard to believe the game could possibly make it to store shelves. I recommend buying the game for $10 in a month or two, inviting some friends over, getting smashed, and having a night of drunken fun. Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    One of those sh*tty arcade games from the 80's that you can't help but play because it's so hilariously bad. It may not be worth playing, but watch gameplay on youtube if you want to laugh your ass off.
  15. Jun 30, 2013
    We were promised a '60's paradise in this game,but all we got is a lot of Quick Time Events.
    I can't say anything good about it.
    Let's take a look at the graphics,they suck,textures are so bad.
    Let's take a look at the gameplay,too darn repetitive.
    This game is kinda saved from 1/10 thanks to it's idea.
    All in all,this game gets an 2/10.
  16. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a game I was expecting for 4 years. I saw first concept arts at 2009, and thought that is Full Throttle 2 I was waiting for!
    And finally it released.. Well, background of the game is till cool, but graphics, gameplay, and scenario are awful. The 3D models and skeletons of people in game are primitive, textures are low, you can't even read a colors on their jackets!
    Gameplay is
    Gameplay is screwed, it looks like a bad port from a PS2 with all possible bugs.
    And scenario is so weak I can't even speak about it.
    This game is a real digital trash. I really regret money and time I spent for it.
  17. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is godawful, But brings anew list of idea's that people will on, But the game could of've been awesome. At least the best part about the game is the soundtrack itself!
    Though I mainly enjoy this game for it's Humor glitch's and bugs.
    These game is 9/10 if your looking for a humorous time, In other words; I give it a 2/10
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is the abomination of the 7th generation of consoles. All of the story is confusing, the controls are disgusting and the bike riding is broken. For example, you randomly fly off to the right and explode and it took few hours to complete... Despite the glitches and everything I got a few good laughs out of it and its not the worst idea of a game. Its just Deep Silver took a hugeThis game is the abomination of the 7th generation of consoles. All of the story is confusing, the controls are disgusting and the bike riding is broken. For example, you randomly fly off to the right and explode and it took few hours to complete... Despite the glitches and everything I got a few good laughs out of it and its not the worst idea of a game. Its just Deep Silver took a huge crap on the game. Expand
  19. Mar 4, 2014
    its the best game ever in the history of the world. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  20. Jun 30, 2013
    Don’t play Ride to Hell: Retribution. Don’t think about playing it. Don’t think about thinking about playing it. Forget it exists, and continue your life as though it never did.
  21. Aug 30, 2013
    In Ride To Hell you do indeed ride to hell, because anything this glitchy, this boring and this awful will force anyone to ride to the darkest depths of hell.
  22. Aug 18, 2013
    Sometimes, we get across thing in our lives that, we can't just simply ignore, we end up becoming fascinated with that thing, interested in it, and 'till the end of ours lifes, we wonder about it, and this happened to me when I first saw this game, and asked myself: "Wtf is that 1% in the cover?", and I may finally have the answer for that, that, is the freaking score of the game.Sometimes, we get across thing in our lives that, we can't just simply ignore, we end up becoming fascinated with that thing, interested in it, and 'till the end of ours lifes, we wonder about it, and this happened to me when I first saw this game, and asked myself: "Wtf is that 1% in the cover?", and I may finally have the answer for that, that, is the freaking score of the game.

Seriously, why release something like this? In the opening sequence we already realise that we're in for a hell of a ride, a ride straight to gamers hell, this game simply takes the player to a world of gameplay, stupid story full of dum characters, and terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE gameplay. It's unfinished, simple as that, unfinished, that is the only explanation that can be given, for a game so broken and bugged like this.

There are no redeemable factors about this game, it just don't. Gameplay is so god awful that most part of the time you just progress in the story by pure and random luck, when the enemies just freeze up and stop moving or shooting, or when you're just lucky enough to be able to manage the terrible controls of the bike. I remember seeing this game a few years ago, in the Arkade magazine, and I actually thought that this could be a good game, that they could use it's premise to make it an underrated classic, maybe the next Full Throttle, but I was just dreaming.

The story is so godamm stupid I don't even wanna talk about it. All the characters are ridiculous caricatures and poorly voiced over, not a single one can be saved from this gigantic pile of thrash, and I do expect that none of this game voice actors ever make it again into another one.

This game goes as far as having people comparing it to BIG RIGS: OVER THE ROAD RACING, you heard it, f*cking Big Rigs, isn't that enough for you to realize how bad this is? I don't think I need to explain more.
  23. Aug 28, 2013
    Im giving it 1 because the game is sooooo teeeeeeeeerrible,that I almost had some fun! But the best thing to do is just forget this game was ever made
  24. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ride to Hell takes false advertising to a new level. It promises well developed, fun and innovative gameplay with the addition of fun bike sequences and a gripping story that will have you on the edge your seat for the entire game. Instead we are given literally in all it's rights, a "Ride to Hell"

This game had been in development for more than a few years and on release day all they got it is an army of unappeased customers. The game offers lack-luster game-play with very stiff generic mechanics and throughout the whole game you will find it nothing but a chore. You get boring shooting gallery's which you transition either through a barrage of loading screens and terrible cut-scenes filled with awful voice acting, stale sound and hardly any character development.

The bike sections are just criminal there is no freedom and is more of an annoyance than anything. You go down a linear path riding your bike that seems to have almost no physics at all, and seems almost weightless as it constantly veers off one side to another. There is no punishment for hitting an obstacle of any sort, these obstacles consist of a wooden fence at the side and a nauseating amount of props lighting effects and explosions as the half-assed AI fly's into the wooden fence and explodes.

As for sound design. It's something you would get in a fisher prices advert. (Might be pushing it) they seem to be something you would get off a soundboard, or MP3 website. Some websites offer even higher quality sounds than that in the game. The soundtrack is repetitive and irritating in all respects and I had found myself turning that quite quickly.

As well as for story? You will find yourself lost throughout and will have no clue what is going on. Especially the intro to the game being a turret gallery. The game will also put you through very awkward "Sex" scenes I put it in commas as really it's just character models fully clothed doing inappropriate things that are way too detailed for anyone's liking. The way you get to sit through these awkward sequences is by... Beating up a womans husband. Killing a rapist in an alleyway. Because I am sure after that sort of experience any girl would want to rip your clothes off.

All in all I think this game is just awful, the price is criminal and is like robbing candy from a baby at £30 base price. $40 dollars I think in US it is most definitely not worth it. This game would even make reviewers like IGN not want to take a large sum of money to appraise this game. This is not a must buy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It is a shame with a game that could of had a lot of potential and such a great premise with a unique art style to fall so flat and become a monotonous chore.

Final Score| 1/10 -God awful mess.
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is about 10 hours long...This game has the worst voice acting ever seen!BTW it has the worst sound effects ever heard!The graphics are from the Nintendo DS,the levels are drawn by a 3 year old!It is disgusting how they make women just brain-dead sex objects!I couldnt give 2 about the characters.
    The A.I? Well...There is none!
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    C'mon Deep Silver you are better than this.

This game is soo broken and frustrating and i can't believe my brain has exploded yet. chopped full of bugs and cheap deaths. This game gives players a plethora of deaths, and hilariously bad fighting mechanics. if you are that sadistic. and want a painfully bad game to get mad at and bust your TV or Monitor? Play it then.
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely HAD to review this game. I couldn’t let it escape my rage. You think you’re going to get away? You come here… you’re not getting away. Right off the bat, this **** game makes a terrible first impression. You’re awkwardly thrown into a turret segment, that feels broken without any rhyme or reason and suddenly, you’re in a terrible quicktime event brawl.

Again, with no explanation. Then, you’re driving your floaty-ass motorcycle in a race reminiscent of Big Rigs or Mother Truckers, unable to do anything more than quicktime events as enemies materialize from thin air from the sides to fight you and then fly off in random directions EXPLODING FOR NO **** REASON!!!!!

It’s like the game is intentionally trying to get you to absolutely hate it’s **** guts! In the opening sequence!

But it gets worse, much worse. Never has a game earned it’s namesake like Ride to **** Hell has! The retribution of my FIST into the developers’ faces! The poorly written story follows Jake Conway, or “Badass Biker #1”, who has recently returned from the Vietnam War to his uncle and his little brother.

The game makes an attempt to have you bond with him as you ride on the open road together in sequences so poor, you’d swear you were playing an early alpha.

The graphics: muddy, lowres, angular, and looking like something straight off an early Xbox One. One! As in the original. All is horrid, I mean well, until a bunch of rival bikers show up to kill you both.

By the way, the voice acting in this game is SOME OF THE WORST I’VE EVER **** EXPERIENCED!!!

No, no, scratch that. It is the worst **** voice acting ever!

Even the worst dub job in Japanese games I’ve played have more emotion and believability than the sorry excuse for voice overs here.

It’s as if all of the lines were recorded in the bathroom of the studio by unpaid interns.

In fact, you will immediately notice that it’s not just the voice acting, but nearly all of the sound design in the game. When you **** up the bike sound effects in your goddamn biker game, you know you done ****ED IT UP!!!

It’s literally the same tone once you hit 40 mph, and you can’t hear **** when they talk.

So many other sounds in the game are just straight up missing. The cutscenes are eerily quiet because of it.

And many things in the game that should have sounds, like slamming into things when you’re driving, or cars driving by in the distance, have no sound whatsoever. And the sounds that are there sound like they’ve come from a generic library, or worse. Hell, I could even go to freesound.org, and find superior clips then what’s in this **** game. So anyway, after your brother is murdered, and you’re shot and left for dead, it’s time to magically reappear with no explanation, and go out for you revenge, over the course of 37 broken, boring, repetitive, and mind-numbingly dull missions.

Now, originally planned for release in 2009, this thing has been in development since 2008, the Ride to Hell series. It’s been cancelled, pushed back and revived numerous times, and it should have stayed **** cancelled. The game was supposed to be an open world biker game, in the backdrop of the 1960’s. You could explore the open world in the western part of the United States, working your way through the ranks of a tough motorcycle gang. That sounds cool. Only what we got here is an aborted, desperately cobbled together pretender. It’s like a dead **** carcass taped back together, and presented to us as if it was still alive.

The worst **** part is they think they can make a franchise out of this. Yeah! On May 28, 2013, Deep Silver was quoted as saying, “It’s not something that everyone will like. Definitely not. We’re going to have people who even hate it. But we know we’re going to have a lot of fans as well. A lot of people will love it. A lot of people will laugh. It’s going to be an exciting thing.” NO! NO IT’S **** NOT!!!! NOBODY’S LAUGHING!!

IT’S TERRIBLE! The series is launching as three separate titles for iOS, console download, and as full console and Windows PC releases. The publisher can branch out to new demographics. Don’t you **** dare. Do you hear me? Don’t you even try it. No. No.

Now game, let me explain to you why this sucks. Gameplay breaks down into one of two things: either fighting, shooting sections in large, mostly static and empty area levels, or: driving/racing. Only you don’t so much drive, as you do slide all around the place, as every damn vehicle in the game feels like it’s on a goddamn skating rink, floating, lacking any weight or impact.

Enemy vehicles careen off the road for no **** reason to their deaths, triggering the same damn explosion sound, every **** time.

You couldn’t pay for two explosion sounds in your own piece of **** game? And you actually have the audacity to ask for 30 bucks? More than twice the amount of some of the best **** arcade games? Are you crazy? This is criminal.
  28. Sep 2, 2014
    This game is perhaps one of the worst games ever made, as you've no doubt heard from just a bout every other reviewer on Metacritic or any other site that reviews games, or hosts reviews for games, or any other such thing. Therefore, my recommendation is that you buy it. No, I'm dead serious, buy it. Buy it and keep it as a reference for yourself to compare all other games you play andThis game is perhaps one of the worst games ever made, as you've no doubt heard from just a bout every other reviewer on Metacritic or any other site that reviews games, or hosts reviews for games, or any other such thing. Therefore, my recommendation is that you buy it. No, I'm dead serious, buy it. Buy it and keep it as a reference for yourself to compare all other games you play and rate against it. This way, you can ask yourself, "This game is bad, but is it as bad as Ride to Hell: Retribution?" If your answer is no, hurrah, if yes... all hope is lost; quick, run to the bomb shelters for the end times have come. Expand
  29. Oct 18, 2014
    this game doesn't seem to understand how good games should look with terrible controls, endlessly bad executed quick time events, offensive story and super glitchy make this game a recipe for disaster.
  30. Dec 11, 2014
    The only reason I must give this a one instead of a zero is because is comical how bad this game is. In the riding missions (which is one of two different types of gameplay in this game, the other being a walk around beat 'em up) after deafeating the enemy A.I. the bikes spin off and blow up. But after "blowing up" the bikes just keep going. But after a while all the comically bad glichesThe only reason I must give this a one instead of a zero is because is comical how bad this game is. In the riding missions (which is one of two different types of gameplay in this game, the other being a walk around beat 'em up) after deafeating the enemy A.I. the bikes spin off and blow up. But after "blowing up" the bikes just keep going. But after a while all the comically bad gliches and just shear disinterest by the developers just gets to you and you cannot do what you should be able to do in any game, whether you like it or not. And that is just to simply beat it. And this game is so agonizingly bad, any sane human just cannot sit thru this train wreck Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The camera, controls, graphics, voice acting and combat aren't just broken - they're hilariously broken. [Oct 2013, p.77]
    A startling glimpse into true hell. [Sept 2013, p.86]
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Let’s leave it with Jake’s own words, spoken as if holding up a mirror to his own life: “Swear to god - I’d rather be polishing boots than sit through this crap.”